6.9

1. Dec 17, 2013
    To put things in perspective, the only other AC game I have played is the first one. It had flaws, but it was a gorgeous game and it had some good ideas. AC3 is my first AC online experience and I must say that it might be the most fun I've ever had online. The focus on stealth makes for gameplay that is always intense, and getting that sneaky kill after being very patient is very rewarding. I enjoyed the campaign as well (though admittedly I didn't quite finish it). My main complaints with the game are the sometimes inconsistent climbing, the perhaps under-developed sailing sequences, and a few glitches here and there which don't really detract from the gaming experience. Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Updated new engine which looks absolutely wonderful. Environments, whether change, character models, character movement, are all superb. Although this is the second time they changed the character models, Desmond and the gang look different than in previous games. Nothing really to complain about, they still looked like an upgrade. 10.

Sound: The games theme fits with
    the time it takes place in (during the American Revolution), and the voice acting is good. 10.

Gameplay: The gameplay has also changed, but it is still somewhat similar but in a good way. No longer do you have to hold x while sprinting. Anyway, the game mechanics now allow for a larger sandbox feel. You can now climb around in trees, hunt animals, and various extras that turn Assassins Creed 3 into the new Skyrim. The combat system is a lot more challenging and feels a lot better than in previous games. Counter takes timing, and stronger foes won't go down just with a counter, you may have to tap x to break their defense first. Still, the combat is still simple once you're used to it. Missions now are a variety, and no longer repetitive. Also, the game adds naval battles, which is really stunning, and they mix it in very well, never making it feel like a chore. 10.

Story: The story unravels quite well, and isn't as predictable. The game still features the main storyline with Desmond, and adds a new animus storyline featuring a Native American named Connor. The games ending is strong, but still in a way that can leave more in the franchise to dish out. Still, it was a superb game from start to finish. Well actually the first 3 or 4 acts were slow, but give the game time, and when it starts it continues to be entertaining. 10.

Lasting Appeal: Buy the game, lasts about 10-12 hours only the story missions, plus theres a bunch of side stories (came with the PS3 version), and extras to collect. 10.

Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  3. Nov 11, 2013
    Fantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks that don't hamper the game. People also seem to hate the new protagonist called Connor, for some inexplicable reason. They are obviously stuck in the past with love for Ezio (protagonist from the last THREE games, may I add) that they cant fathom a new hero having a different personality and morals, values, passions. They simply don't understand him. Some people have also been complaining about glitches, even though I only encountered a couple small ones (I.e. floating weapon) throughout the whole game (keep in mind no game is perfect and these are miniscule). All in all, the game left me wanting more of Connor even after I completed the game (which took me 20 hours or so including side missions and collectibles). Expand
  4. Oct 27, 2013
    I got this game on release day and for me it is the best game in the series. Sure for some people, me included the ending is just plain stupid and Ubisoft is forgetting about the assassin part in the name but this is not a bad game at all. The story is good and has a good portrayal of that time, the environment looks amazing and offers the player new things to do and explore. In all another good assassins creed game much needed after the disaster of revelations> if you want to see a bad assassins creed game, just look at revelations. Expand
  5. Oct 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been playing the Assassin's Creed games from the beginning and I'd have to say this one is probably my favorite. I've loved the whole idea behind the AC series and I've really enjoyed the story line. It probably helps that I'm somewhat of a history fan, so being able to virtually walk around New England during the Revolutionary war time is pretty freaking sweet. Also, being a ship captain is one of the most fun parts of the game as well. I'm one of those gamers that will stop and read all of the info pop-ups that appear when you're near a historical site in the game. I guess I'm just nerdy like that. Expand
  6. Sep 28, 2013
    "Assassin's Creed III" en mi opinión el mejor de la franquicia; es porque ésta vez todo es totalmente mejorado: los gráficos, la historia, las ciudades, los personajes son más interesantes y demás. Sería un juego perfecto, pero solo le resté un punto por su final, si bien no es malo, es de todas maneras muy insatisfactorio.
  7. Aug 21, 2013
    AC III truly speaking in the beginning I was disappointed with the game and I didn't want to play but as I spent time and completed the story it became interesting and interesting. UBI Soft has change a lot of things that made the game a new game and difficult as well. some of the new concepts are very difficult like convoy trade etc. I admit the game has some glitches but it is AC we should ignore little thing behind this big game. I Love AC all versions and AC II as well. The one who like the game in the same conventional manner, they couldn't like this version but as you see the game era is 1700 to 1799 so time time change and the weapons has change. You cannot use all conventional weapons in this era. You have to consider the time as well. I suggest you all to play a bit and spend some time with it and I'm sure you'll definitely like it. Expand
  8. Aug 10, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3! I am a big fan of the AC series, but this...I was blown and surprised for the FIFTH time! Ubisoft did another great game and this time it was their master piece.

In AC3 you play as Connor, an entirely new assassin. He is born in a Native American village where you start off as a kid. You learn how to track, hide, hunt, climb and many more. After being threatened by
    Charls Lee, you swear that you will find him and kill him.
    The game does a great job of introducing you to the characters. You quickly get attached to Connor as you play trough the story. Your heart will constantly be going crazy while exploring or just watching the cutscenes.

The controls of the game are very nice and smooth. You can quickly switch between targets in a fight which make combat that much dynamic and brutal. The new tree climbing is simply one of the best things in the game. You will find yourself jumping from tree to tree, hang people with your rope dart and fight many enemies while at the same time avoiding being shot. The dynamic fights will make you want to love this game even more! The way animations work is stunning.
    2-3 enemies at a time can attack you at the same time and you will often find your self doing really bada*s moves to counter them in cool ways that feel so natural. You can quickly switch from enemy to enemy with flick of an analog stick. You can counter one enemy while fighting another and the coolest part is that you can quickly change to the weapon you want kill the target with that weapon when you counter them.
    While combat is great and fun, climbing is improved SO MUCH that you will never want to see a horse in your entire time playing, except maybe when chasing people. It feels so natural that you feel like you can do this even in real life. Climbing trees and rocks will change your AC gaming experience so much that you wouldn't ever want to move away from this game.

The game also has ships in it. That's right...SHIPS! The way they've made their new engine work is very good. The water, wind, battles all those things are incredibly well done. It feels realistic and you can really feel like a sailor. The physics in the game are great. Being able to command and improve your own ship is an aspect of the game the polishes it.

Besides some glitches here and there with the lipsynching, posters sinking into the walls (these have happened only once in the 30 hours I've played) and somewhat boring side missions although they can be really fun at times, the game is just beautiful. Parkour, assassination, hunting, board games, well done cutscenes, different languages, great voice acting, great graphics, amazing story line, likeable characters, trading, sailing, fort infiltrating and many more.

My final score is 9/10 just because of those side missions. They had to work a little bit more on those. In previous games the side missions were very fun and a good way to have nice laugh, but here you will find yourself carrying some sick people to a doctor, defending farmers or simply beating up some bullies. There are of course things to collect which makes you explore even more the big world of AC3. But please somebody beat up the idiot that thought of putting in such a bad picklocking mechanic.

This is by far the best Assassin's Creed game yet. Let's hope Ubisoft can keep that up.
  9. Jul 23, 2013
    Of course we are all entitled to our opinions, but a score less than 8 is a complete joke, It is hate, whether it be towards AC for being succesful with yearly releases like they hate COD for or they are anti America and simply hate the game for its American setting and pro American story.
    The game is a blast to play and extremely beautiful.
    Easily one of the greatest of this gaming
    generation and in my honest opinion, the best.
    A must have.
  10. Jun 19, 2013
    This game came so close to being better than number 2 for me. It they just decided to not care about people who didn't play the others (sorry about that) the game could have been perfect. Some game-play decisions in the story could have been better, mainly sequence 5,7,8. Some minor decisions like capacity got me mad but besides that I enjoyed this game, to all you bashing it, screw off, don't buy it, its funny how this was one of the most selling game of 2012. Expand
  11. Jun 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. AC3 is a nice game to learn the hisory and be a part of the revolution. But killing a major character like Desmond Miles is a BS. The gameplay is a little different but better than the previous games. The multiplayer feels a little different than Revelations.
    I give AC3 a deserved 9/10
  12. Apr 25, 2013
    PLOT HOLES NOT FILLED SOME BUGS HEAD-**** PLOT-TWISTS AND SOMETHING ABOUT AN ASSASSIN TURKEY!!!!!!!
    GOOD COMBAT SYSTEM NOT STABBY ENOUGH AVERAGE STEALTH USE!!!!!!!!!
  13. Apr 16, 2013
    I love the AC series everything about it is so fun this one is no different a great storyline good combat graphics and characters a must buy for any AC fan
  14. Apr 5, 2013
    Excellent game. The first AC game I actually enjoyed. I loved the old colonial Boston and New York. as well as the frontier. Overall it is a great open-world game.
  15. Mar 25, 2013
    Not a fan boy of the AC series as this is the first game I have played in the series. I will definatly be getting some of the older titles off the back of this one. As such my review is purely based on my experience of this game and not how it compares to the previous. I loved it. Graffics are cutscenes are great. So much to do apart from the main storyline. Battle system is wonderful. Only real issue if you can called it that is that it is far to easy to make money and nothing really to spend it on. Expand
  16. Mar 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't say that I was expecting much from new "Assassin's Creed". Neither I can say that all previous games in the series were bad. At some point they had their problems that made me wish to see the credits rolling. New changes that we could see in the trailers were fascinating. Ship sequences, new protagonist, wild life, new to the series environment and, of course, new time period and setting made fans wonder what the game would be. Playing as two protagonists, who were on the opposite sites of conspiracy gave a fresh look on the main story. Connor, a native citizen of new world, is as good character as Ezio in AC II, but yet Connor manages to let player understand hate and moral choices more than you could image earlier in the series. Storyline of 18th century is mixed with gameplay in the future, that finally became as important and interesting as any other in the game.
    Gameplay was significantly rebuild adding some new features like quick death scenes using different animation from time to time. Fighting scenes became very cinematic not letting you take eyes of your screen. During the game you will also have to command a group of soldiers that are defending their line.
    Other important part that should be mentioned is warship navigation. Although there are only few sea fights in the game, and it is not a flaw, they are the ones you can't forget because they are epic.
    The first thing that comes to mind when I think of AC III is Connor running with his axe in the grass, suddenly appearing behind enemy soldiers and assassinating them. This memory is so strong that it is easy to forget about some minor bugs that appeared during walkthrough. I would even say, that AC III is the buggiest game in the series (after some flaws in first AC), although these bugs were never critical, but they took me out of the game to realize that I was back on my coach. Probably they all were fixed in following patch that I never installed.
    "Assassin's Creed III" is a must buy game for each AC fan and any gamer who likes detailed and original world of a game. I have to add that 3rd big installment of assassin is in my top 5 games list that were released in 2012.
  17. Feb 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I give Assassin's Creed III a 10 out of 10 review because, not only did it have and epic open world setting but the campaign was longer then the other Assassin's Creed games and it had an epic twist in the original story. I also thought that the combat was fantastic because not only did Ubisoft choose to make Connor a Dual Wielder but they added some great cinematic combats too. Finally I think that the new Multiplayer modes were Incredible! Expand
  18. Jan 22, 2013
    Amazing!! Never played a game like it and don't think a single game can touch it. The combat made at first make me hate the game but once I got the hang of it I could see the amazing storyline and captivating scenery. Sometimes I would get stuck on a rock but that was rarely the case. Also once I got the Ezio robes I felt like a true Assassin. BUY THIS GAME!!!!
  19. Jan 13, 2013
    I don't understand why this game is getting such bad reviews. Let me cut to the chase, the game is simply outstanding and some people are just not realizing that. For me, I am more of a "history" kind of person, so I enjoyed the game very much. I consider this game the best of the franchise, not the worse. With more positives than negatives for this game, I am going for another positive here. Some people are in the middle, or undecided about the game almost, for me, I'm not. The game had everything in it that made it both fun, and suspenseful. I got my hands full whenever the twists of the game began, whenever I saw some parts of the game, I was completely mind-boggled, and wanted to keep playing more and more. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  20. Jan 8, 2013
    Every single person who vote this below 9 is an unbelievable retard! Before trying out this one I thought... yeah... Assassins Creed again... tryied the first one, second one and the other series... they are just Assassins Creed... you ALWAYS know what the game is about, do the same thing and know that every single mission in all the past Assassins Creed series are actually all the same and the is BORING. I wanted to give this one a try and.... hhhh... I never felt this feeling before. I only had this feeling when I tried World of Warcraft Classic, Burning Crusade and Fable 1 and that's years ago!!! Those days were so GOOD addicting... Those games were sexy games and I loved them :D and you won't believe this.. Assassins Creed 3 is JUST LIKE THEM! The story is actually epic and cinematic just like Uncharted 2 and the gameplay feels facking relaxing just like World of Warcraft Classic and the RPG elements feels just as original as Fable 1: The Lost Chapters. In few words this game is insane and addicting with this relaxing feeling you probably had when you tried the first series of World of Warcraft role-playing games. Why? In Assassins Creed 3 they changed EVERYTHING from start to scratch. They even changed the way you use the buttons. They even changed the health bar and the sound effects. This is not Assassins Creed 1, 2 or the expansions... this is a brand new one which doesn't even remind about the old ones. It's a whole new project WAY different from the other ones. The graphics looks like Uncharted 2 and way more improved than the old Assassins Creed games. You don't hang around the streets everytime and searching for those Eagle Eye buildings to do sidemissions everytime. For the first time the game is actually telling the story just like they do in movies. This time it's DEFINITELY not about running on roofs and killing people. No... Maaaaaan this is a very bad review by me :D sorry about that buy I just can't explain it. It's just too much... it's wonderful! I couldn't explain how good World of Warcraft Classic was at the beginning because it's was good in every perspective you look at. It's a monster because it feels like a real roleplaying-game just like Warcraft 3, Diablo 2... maaaaan... try this out. This game can't be described in words. And no I'm not a nerd :D This is just too much perfect. Expand
  21. Jan 3, 2013
    Assassins meet Red Dead Redemption, Batman Arkham Asylum, Uncharted, and Skyrim. EXCELLENT game with some forgivable glitches. I was not a fan of the previous titles in this series. I played AC II and while I enjoyed it, I couldn't get into it. ACIII has me hooked however.

The open world format is incredible, and seeing Boston brought to life is absolutely amazing. I love the fact
    that I can climb on buildings that are still standing today. The crafting is handled in one of the best ways I've seen yet. No more of this 'my character does it all' (fight/explore/blacksmith/leatherman, etc.), but rather, these things are managed by you but w/ a quite an explicable backdrop whereby you are recruiting others to do the work for you, while you're off saving the world. The free running through the forests and trees is phenomenal but this is where some of the glitches come to light. As I said, this is forgivable as one takes in how much the dev's accomplished with transferring the style to the forests, as if the cities weren't cool enough. Well done! The horseback riding is similar to Red Dead Redemption but doesn't flow quite as well especially over and around some of the rocky terrain.

But those are minor things for a game that has added some pretty phenomenal stuff to the mix. When I played Uncharted 2 and 3, I envisioned how cool a game like that would be with a Ninja or Assassin; now I have it. Excellent game world to lose yourself in for hours upon hours.
  22. Dec 30, 2012
    Best AC game in the series. It may not have the freedom of AC I, but it more than makes up for it with some returning aspects like eavesdropping and new stealth elements. Connor is an amazing Protagonist and the setting is beautifully done. nothing like Italy, but that`s why I love it. It never aspired to be the vivid environments of Venice or Florence. It was on it`s own and it made the best with the Colonial American setting. Best Story, Great Combat and welcome distractions such as the homestead and Naval combat. definitely worth every penny Expand
  23. Dec 27, 2012
    Being the first Assassins Creed game ive played this game is magnificent. The story flows so well in the game. The combat is pretty good and i like the hunting part of the game. The only thing that i thought was bad was one of the character not moving its lips when he talked. The game is a lot of trial and error for me and that is what makes it fun (but can irritate me too).
  24. Dec 17, 2012
    I just finished playing through the campaign and must say it's been a hell of a ride. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of the game and there were no moments where I wanted to put down my controller, with the exception of spending too many hours playing. I wasn't too huge a big fan of the series, but this game won me over. This game has beautiful animations, great story telling and fun gameplay with many different things to do around the world. The difficulty is not very hard unless you try to complete all objectives. Would highly recommend for all gamers or anybody who just wants a great story. Expand
  25. Nov 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Here is my review of the game, first the graphics, the graphics in this game are really detailed and beautiful, the character models and the environments are great and when you reach a highpoint, you will not want to go down just because you want to apprecciate the scenery, especially in the frontier, now the gameplay, this is your typical ac gameplay but with some cool tweaks, the controls have changed, now you counter with o or b in ps3 or xbox, you knwo have double counters and combos which feel great , it is also dual wielding , the combat if done right you can teke out large groups of enemies like a boss because of the dual wielding you can now kill cleanly and quickly, it also has a greater stelath feature with some new itmes like the bow or the rope dart, and some other new functions that meake the steakth easier and cooler, you also have hunting, where you can hunt animals and sell their pelts at a certain cost based on the way you killed the animal, which is really cool and interesting, you also have club challenges which are also fun to complete, the naval warfare is good, ot is fun and keeps the game fresh, and you can also upgrade your ship, all of the gameplay is a ton of fun, the only minor problem I had though was the crafting interface, at the beggining it was confusing as **** characters: the characters in this game are really likeable and well done, i almost cried when achilles and haytham died, connor for me is in par with ezio as a character and all of the characters are really deep and they make you care about them, at least for me, i wanted every memeber of the templar order to die , and at the same time i was worried of what would happen to connor and his companions throughout the story.
    story, it is a direct sequel to assassins creed revelations you start the game as desmond where he and his friends find a crypt but then desmond starts to have allucinations and he eventually faints, i'm not going to say anymore to don't spil anything more than i did, but the story is so well done that i never wanted to stop playing, and i LITERALLY dodn't want too, if i had to pee i would say to myself **** IT!! i want to know what happens next.
    Overall in MY opinion it is a 10 out of 10, it has some minor issues and bugs but i think it raises the bar so high that it doesn't deserved any pints of. Peace
  26. Nov 27, 2012
    This game is absolutely AMAZING!!! After the second game, assassin's creed kind of went downhill but now its right back on course. I wasn't particularly impressed with brotherhood and revelations but this time I got that fresh feeling I got when I played ACII for the first time. The graphics are awesome and there is so much to do. So many side quests. I also found the story better than the previous games. Connor is the best protagonist yet with a sense of honor and his story threads are very thoroughly explored. All in all, Assassin's creed III is the best assassin'screed yet and definitely (in my opinion) the best game of 2012. It is a must buy for any TRUE assassin's creed fan Expand
  27. Nov 25, 2012
    This title is my Game of the Year. While a few bugs do exist, they were expected knowing that this is a brand new engine. However, none of the glitches are "game-breaking" which is definitely good news. Quite frankly, there is so much to do with this title, it's bound to keep you busy for weeks, if not months. Graphics are gorgeous. Controls work well. And running around in Revolutionary America is a whole lot of fun. You cannot go wrong with this game. Expand
  28. Nov 20, 2012
    I have revised. As the game progresses becomes increasingly good. The only hero I do not like it, but otherwise perfect. also the best of the new things in the game, the community, to become bigger and bigger. The best of the AC. If you exclude the hero and the era of the game.! As for the long haul. there are icons for fast travel. And i forget the great hunting, and epic naval battles
  29. Nov 20, 2012
    Hours and hours of gameplay, great history, great naval battles, Great characters, and hunting... VARIETY!! Of course it will not please everybody, but... HEY!! IT'S VERY FUN!!
  30. Dec 21, 2012
    Everything (that we've learned to love and hate) is here. Gameplay, graphics, mechanics, we all know what to expect. Does this mean A3 is more of the same? No. And this is why I'm giving it a positive review. A3 is a breath of fresh air, even though it's pretty much the same game from before. It's the small tweaks that made the difference. The environment (finally leaving old Europe) is gorgeous, with a beautiful scenery and an open world that reminded me of Red Dead Redemption. The whole concept is fantastic as well (the assassins and the templars involved with the American Revolution). The new character, Connor (it's impossible to write his Indigenous name) is an interesting one, with a charm of his own; and it's great to play with someone else then Ezio. Another great addition are the naval battles, which function as the best mini-game in the series so far. I don't know where Ubi is taking this franchise but this time, at least, they really offered something with a new taste. And, for me, gave the series some lifetime to burn. Not the best game in the world (and not the best game of 2012) but a great game nevertheless. Must not be missed. Collapse

1. Mar 6, 2013
    The Assassin’s Creed formula of fighting and parkour is starting to get old, even with the ability to climb trees now. Maybe it’s the repetitiveness of the series, or maybe it’s just less interesting to toss crates of tea into the harbour than to hunt and kill corrupt bishops.
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    This review is getting long-winded so let's wrap it up. Assassin's Creed III is the biggest and most ambitious Assassin's Creed title yet, but a few missteps leaves it short of being the series' best. In spite of my excessive nitpicking, Assassin's Creed III is great game and a must-have for any Assassin's fan.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    A great continuation of the Assassin's Creed series because of the strong visuals, gameplay and story. Though it must be said that the story gets somewhat boring towards the end, which leaves a sour taste.