Assassin's Creed III PlayStation 3

6.9

1. Nov 22, 2012
    Good / creative / cool storyline as expected.

Good / creative / cool storyline as expected.

The controls are an abomination. Stealth is very poorly done. Gameplay is just not up to par in general. And a response to RegisFanete about his comments on how this game is all "about American patriotism." I can't believe he played this game and doesn't realize the irony presented through the storyline on how the Americans are jus as bad as the Brits. As if it wasn't obvious enough, this RegisFanete guy is a **** idiot.
  2. Nov 28, 2012
    I really enjoyed the game play, it was different to other Assassin's Creed games. It was the first game to include hunting and I found myself hunting for hours. I felt like towards the end, the storyline was a little bit rushed, I also feel that at the beginning it was really slow and you had to get to sequence 6 to really find yourself enjoying the game. I feel like the combat was madeI really enjoyed the game play, it was different to other Assassin's Creed games. It was the first game to include hunting and I found myself hunting for hours. I felt like towards the end, the storyline was a little bit rushed, I also feel that at the beginning it was really slow and you had to get to sequence 6 to really find yourself enjoying the game. I feel like the combat was made too easy, all you had to do is press O and you would kill enemies, you didn't even have to face them while pressing O.
    The main reason I gave this game a 6/10 rating is because of the ending, I felt like I had wasted hours upon hours playing this Assassin's creed game and the previous Assassin's creed games for nothing. I was left disappointed because you were given options and you didn't even decide which option to pick. I would NOT recommend this game to people who really like the storyline of Desmond, but if you are more about the assassins and could careless what happens to Desmond ,than I would recommend this but even if you don't like the Desmond storyline (I'm more about the assassins), you will still be left disappointed.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    I'm sorry but I just can't give this game more than a 5, I have been a massive fan of Assassin's creed games since the very beginning owning or at least playing every one, don't get me wrong some of the smaller games were hard to get on with like on psp etc but I have played and would rate all of them at least 7-10 if not more !!! But this, this is a stupid game, what happened to the freeI'm sorry but I just can't give this game more than a 5, I have been a massive fan of Assassin's creed games since the very beginning owning or at least playing every one, don't get me wrong some of the smaller games were hard to get on with like on psp etc but I have played and would rate all of them at least 7-10 if not more !!! But this, this is a stupid game, what happened to the free roaming glory of the other games, building up your assassin's etc and really getting stuck into this action, it just felt to me like this game only gave you one road to follow with little animus interaction or options . Expand
  4. Jan 17, 2013
    The story of Desmond is concluded, and we gets to say hi to the new assassin named Connor. the game is sprawling with brand new environments, new time setting, and new equipment. the soundtrack is delicious, and that is awesome. but.
    the ending disappointed me, and the cities could have been a little more varied.
    7/10 newcomers to the series may be a little confused, but for you assassin
    7/10 newcomers to the series may be a little confused, but for you assassin fans its a must-buy.
  5. Jan 27, 2013
    This game disappointed me like no other game. Conner is short spoken and unmemorable, the cut scenes are long and boring, there are too many slow walks, the gameplay feels stiff, all the bad ass hack 'n slash action presented in the commercials never happens, lastly, ubisoft throws out their fluid building climbing mechanic for this **** tree climbing mechanic, you can still climbThis game disappointed me like no other game. Conner is short spoken and unmemorable, the cut scenes are long and boring, there are too many slow walks, the gameplay feels stiff, all the bad ass hack 'n slash action presented in the commercials never happens, lastly, ubisoft throws out their fluid building climbing mechanic for this **** tree climbing mechanic, you can still climb buildings, but it feels discouraged because the redcoats detect you ridiculously fast and shoot you immediately. Expand
  6. Feb 21, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 is probably my least favourite Assassin's Creed game. That doesn't mean it is a terrible game but it could of been more polished. The tree running mechanic is a welcome change of pace and I quite enjoy it. It is easy to navigate the environment just by holding the run button and it is very responsive, meaning that Connor won't get any bright ideas of running off into aAssassin's Creed 3 is probably my least favourite Assassin's Creed game. That doesn't mean it is a terrible game but it could of been more polished. The tree running mechanic is a welcome change of pace and I quite enjoy it. It is easy to navigate the environment just by holding the run button and it is very responsive, meaning that Connor won't get any bright ideas of running off into a ditch or something like that. The hunting system is quite nice as well, even if sometimes I feel like there really isn't much of a point besides selling it to gain money. The combat system is a welcome improvement over previous games in the franchise. It is satisfying as hell to decimate an entire platoon of soldiers with the combat system. The environments are gorgeous and the construction of Boston and New York during their time period is great. The main protagonist, Connor, is alright and I don't mind Connor as a character. I prefer Altair (OMG NOT EZIO?!?!) but Connor's story invested me enough to want to keep going. Last positive thing I enjoyed were the naval missions.

Despite what I stated in the last paragraph, AC3 is more frustrating than fun. The reason is because I didn't feel like an assassin while playing this game. I found invading forts to be dreadful because the stealth mechanics are just poor. A.I. opponents can see you rather easily, even if you can't see them (as in one would be behind a door and could still flipping see me when I exposed myself). It seems like these fort missions encourage me to use combat rather than stealth, but I don't want to do that because I"m an ASSASSIN. And while the tree running mechanic is somewhat fresh, the old gameplay of Assassin's Creed hasn't improved, as in it is still as frustrating as it was in the first AC game. This especially shows when you're trying to chance someone. I felt that even though the combat system improved, the core gameplay of AC was left untouched, meaning all the issues with it are still present. This is a big problem because this is how you're going to play the game, and it is a long game so at least it isn't light on content. As for the Homestead missions and crafting and trading, why? Why is this a new core gameplay style for the AC franchise? It wasn't necessary in AC2 because of how much money you would make from other missions, and the same happens in AC3. I don't like it, but maybe some people have found some enjoyment in it. The side missions are bland. Courier missions are just kind of there, and so are delivery missions. Club missions provide some enjoyment and provide usage to some gameplay ideas, but I found them to be forgettable. Overall, AC3 has good intentions, but I found they were executed poorly. It is frustrating rather than fun and that is what is what stopped me from playing the game. Both Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 had problems, but the gameplay worked for the missions that were granted for you, most of the time. Here, it seems like the gameplay doesn't work in conjunction with some of the ideas.
  7. Sep 26, 2013
    The best word for Assassin's Creed III is potential. Potential that could of made this the best game of the series, but falls very flat even when compared to other games before it.

THE BAD The story and characters were boring or annoying. Or in the case of our new protagonist, Connor Kenway, both, which is really depressing after a trilogy with Ezio. Any interest in this world or what

THE BAD
    The story and characters were boring or annoying. Or in the case of our new protagonist, Connor Kenway, both, which is really depressing after a trilogy with Ezio. Any interest in this world or what was stake was wiped away by some really slow and unfulfilled plotline that feels small in the grand scheme of the American Revolution. the overall control and gameplay of Assassins Creed III is either new and/or improved, or it is sloppy. The new layout for the game really is confusing and frustrating on top of occasional unresponsive buttons. This is true especially during chase moments or worse in many of the overwhelming fights which will die in. a lot. This is made worse by the restricted access to the roof or even just running through cities. Many systems introduced in the game such as the underground fast tracking or some of the club challenges feel more like chores then entertainment. Other features which were introduced in the past such as other assassins or the Homestead just feel bland or not put in for its full potential. Finally is the overall conclusion to Desmond's story, which lacks in every shape and form. What should I say about it?

THE GOOD
    Two major points stand out for in this game; Naval Battles and Multiplayer. The Naval Battles introduced here are honestly one of the funniest activities and seem more exciting then the central land combat is, something that may make Black Flag better. Multiplayer also makes a welcome return and just feels just as enjoyable as the previous times of play and for a while was the key reason for my return to this game. Others things I liked in Assassins Creed III were the weapon crafting (not trade stuff though), the size of the three main areas of the game and one side-quest involving some refreshing platforming from the grind. I would also like to say that the graphics in this game are well made as is the music, despite lacking Jesper Kyd.

Assassins Creed III is a big game which I could talk about for ages, but I will put it this way. The game has many good aspects. But for each one of them there are two annoyances that pulled me out of the experience. Its less focused and disappointing when compared to the publicity or the many other open-world games that were available on the market at the time. But at the end of the day I have to come back to what I said at the beginning of this writing; a massive and promising game that was full of potential, but feel far from its hype.
  8. Nov 18, 2013
    Main character is a @#$%^*bag. Can't stand him. He's pretentious, snobby, and with zero substance. Every time he speaks, which is very often as there are too many cutscenes, I roll my eyes. Afraid they might stick that way. Taking back to store.

1. Mar 6, 2013
    The Assassin’s Creed formula of fighting and parkour is starting to get old, even with the ability to climb trees now. Maybe it’s the repetitiveness of the series, or maybe it’s just less interesting to toss crates of tea into the harbour than to hunt and kill corrupt bishops.
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    This review is getting long-winded so let's wrap it up. Assassin's Creed III is the biggest and most ambitious Assassin's Creed title yet, but a few missteps leaves it short of being the series' best. In spite of my excessive nitpicking, Assassin's Creed III is great game and a must-have for any Assassin's fan.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    A great continuation of the Assassin's Creed series because of the strong visuals, gameplay and story. Though it must be said that the story gets somewhat boring towards the end, which leaves a sour taste.