Assassin's Creed PlayStation 3

7.4

1. Apr 9, 2012
    Assassin's Creed is a great game but it has a couple of serious faults: The information gathering missions are repetitive and feel very much like busy work. The sprawling over-world is boring to traverse and is better skipped completely... But that's about it for the negative aspects. The positive? Assassin's Creed has great graphics, an interesting plot and atmospheric music. It totallyAssassin's Creed is a great game but it has a couple of serious faults: The information gathering missions are repetitive and feel very much like busy work. The sprawling over-world is boring to traverse and is better skipped completely... But that's about it for the negative aspects. The positive? Assassin's Creed has great graphics, an interesting plot and atmospheric music. It totally succeeds in taking you to a foreign world and supplying adventure. The climbing system in this game is wonderful and scaling the many towers to sync your view is a fun, relaxing task. The assassinations themselves give you complete freedom to go about the task in anyway you see fit (something the more scripted sequels lack). It gives you the target and the means to kill it... The rest is up to you. Overall, Assassin's Creed is a great start to a franchise. People often state that AC2 is a better game, but I disagree. The freedom you have in this first title more fun in my opinion. The sequel became too limited and pushy with it's directions. That said, AC Brotherhood successfully combines the elements of the first two games to brilliant effect and IS better than this original title. If you are new to the Assassin's Creed franchise, this first effort will give you a solid experience... And one that's minus the confusion of a story already half told. Expand
  2. May 18, 2015
  3. Dec 11, 2013
    I thought this game was supposed to involve some sort of stealth? That's how the y promoted it. Or at least some strategy. How I played it? The easiest way off course. I just went to the guy that needed to be killed. Stood in the crowd and waited for everyone to attack me. Then I simple countered everything with one button untill everyone is killed and run away. Yeey mission cleared!
    That
    That being said, walking, running, climbing in this game is amazing, the game looks great and there is appeal. It's just the gameplay that's lacking.
    It's too much of the same plus the controls are not intuïtive at all. How many times have I jumped off a tall building to die, just because of not being able to master the controls?
  4. Feb 23, 2013
    Graphics and Cities were beautiful were beautiful at the time of the release. The story also succeeds but the gameplay is repetitious and AC suffers from that.
  5. Mar 24, 2011
    This game has so much potential. The graphics and pixels are stunning. The sword play is smooth and impressive that I have ever seen to date. The voice acting is great with the big exception of the main character whose monotone american accent is obviously out-of-place with the others. To many game freezes for a PS3 frustrated me a lot. I found myself being very annoyed at having to saveThis game has so much potential. The graphics and pixels are stunning. The sword play is smooth and impressive that I have ever seen to date. The voice acting is great with the big exception of the main character whose monotone american accent is obviously out-of-place with the others. To many game freezes for a PS3 frustrated me a lot. I found myself being very annoyed at having to save what seemed to be the same person from soldiers like over fifty times. And what is up with those flags? I could care less how many I got. Expand
  6. Apr 15, 2011
    liked this game quite a bit i just wish there was a bit more variety but the game has amazing graphics and a story that made me keep coming back for more and steadily gets harder and harder with fluid movements and precise controls although i never finished the game because part way through it stopped telling me where to go which annoyed me and i never picked it up again but i plan to doliked this game quite a bit i just wish there was a bit more variety but the game has amazing graphics and a story that made me keep coming back for more and steadily gets harder and harder with fluid movements and precise controls although i never finished the game because part way through it stopped telling me where to go which annoyed me and i never picked it up again but i plan to do so and try again with another copy of this game Expand
  7. May 9, 2012
    Assassin's Creed is good and fun, but repetitive and gets boring fast. And the story is not interesting. Still, It haves a huge beautiful world, fun gameplay and realistic graphics. But I expected for way more thing. (7.3)
  8. Feb 4, 2013
    Very much a game that hasn't aged well at all. The sequels are all far superior and this feels like a tech-demo of what the games would become. The game has massive potential in all areas but falls on its face in most. The free-running is probably the most fun part of the game as it feels realistic and is enjoyable exploring the massive cities and scaling the towers is very cool. HoweverVery much a game that hasn't aged well at all. The sequels are all far superior and this feels like a tech-demo of what the games would become. The game has massive potential in all areas but falls on its face in most. The free-running is probably the most fun part of the game as it feels realistic and is enjoyable exploring the massive cities and scaling the towers is very cool. However the missions are boring and repetitive, the combat is a chore and the best tactic is to simply constantly block the enemy's attacks and late in the game when you are faced with large groups of foes this becomes very frustrating. finally the story goes nowhere, before playing the sequels I thought the Desmond parts of the game were completely unnecessary as they added nothing and simply confused me. Overall I would skip this game if you want to get into the franchise unless you are super interested in it as you wont really miss anything story-wise and certainly not gameplay wise. Expand
  9. Dec 19, 2014
    No variety, you will do the same things over and over again even the cities look quiet the same. The story is alright but you can see the plot-twist from a mile away so it is not really interesting. Controls are just terrible on the brink to unplayable. What kept me playing were the good graphics and the awesome main assassin missions, the rest is forgettable.
  10. Aug 12, 2014
    Had potential but overall a wholly unsatisfying and frustrating experience. While the free running/parkour can be heaps of fun there is far too much repetition with every other aspect and after just a few hours you're hoping for the experience (and dare I say it, pain) to end. Also contains one of the worst endings in video game history.
  11. May 19, 2013
    My friends kept on talking about how good this game was so I decided to try it out. I was immediately taken in by the story. The crusades has been done before in games but not like this, I was taken in by the Assassin's and Templar's secret agenda and the arifact of Eden was a really good idea, one that ubisoft has made a now mainstream franchise out of, and that's what kept me going withMy friends kept on talking about how good this game was so I decided to try it out. I was immediately taken in by the story. The crusades has been done before in games but not like this, I was taken in by the Assassin's and Templar's secret agenda and the arifact of Eden was a really good idea, one that ubisoft has made a now mainstream franchise out of, and that's what kept me going with this game. The gameplay itself is not up to the same level as the story and mythology is I'm afraid. It starts out really fun being a super agile, parkouring assassin but the game gets to repetitive. Its basically the same thing the whole time, gather info, kill target, new location, repeat. Also my copy was extremely glitchy, The game froze several times causing me to have to start missions over. It was the story that kept me going though and if your interested in the origins of this now huge franchise then its worth a look. Good but could be better (as AC2 proved) Expand
  12. Oct 13, 2014
    The start of a renown gaming franchise, the original Assassin's Creed game performs well, introducing a gripping narrative and story-line.

Not too much should be expected from this early installment, the game-play is good, but could be improved. Several game-play mechanics are iconic, such as viewpoints and the Hidden Blade, a good first impression to layout the future sequels. 7/10 -

7/10 - Ben Hazelden
  13. Mar 22, 2015
    The first installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise may have started a gaming legend but its first title was no masterpiece. There seems to be a lack of variety here and it becomes a bit repetitive late into the game. Thankfully, Assassin's Creed is by no means terrible. The gameplay itself is extremely fun even if the combat leaves a bit to be desired. The Parkour shown is definitelyThe first installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise may have started a gaming legend but its first title was no masterpiece. There seems to be a lack of variety here and it becomes a bit repetitive late into the game. Thankfully, Assassin's Creed is by no means terrible. The gameplay itself is extremely fun even if the combat leaves a bit to be desired. The Parkour shown is definitely one of the best aspects here. Expand
  14. Apr 22, 2012
    Assassin's Creed is a good game, but eventually became a bit repititivo, following a linear mechanical excicivamente despite the open world.
    However still has a great story and gives rise to one of the biggest video game series today.
  15. Jan 2, 2013
    I loved how the game style and all that stuff. A bit present days and medival days. Brilliant idea. But it turns out the storyline is VERY confusing. I had to do sh*t tons of research understand 100% fully the storyline. At first i dont know who is that guy lying on the animus and why does he had to do that. Also, it took me a while to know wat is happening, the objectives are confusing.I loved how the game style and all that stuff. A bit present days and medival days. Brilliant idea. But it turns out the storyline is VERY confusing. I had to do sh*t tons of research understand 100% fully the storyline. At first i dont know who is that guy lying on the animus and why does he had to do that. Also, it took me a while to know wat is happening, the objectives are confusing. After finishing one objective, i cant find ANY OTHER objective in the map. I went to all the viewpoints, save all civilians and all that small objectives. I STILL cant find any objective. But overall, i think this is something very creative and special, like something very rare s gonna happened to video games now. Expand
  16. Jul 5, 2011
    Never before has a game managed to make me screaming my voice out one minute, then having a blast the next. Sometimes, it's fun and challenging, others it's tedious and needlessly difficult. The positives vastly outweigh the negatives though, and thus this game, in my opinion, deserves a positive score.
  17. Mar 22, 2012
    Few times I have been so disappointed when playing a game as I was when playing Assassin's Creed. You can see that there is a lot of potential in the game's formula, but it's repetitive tasks and dull story make playing extremely boring. You climb a tower to reveal the portion of the map you are in, eavesdrop in a conversation, save a citizen from bully guards, steal a letter from someoneFew times I have been so disappointed when playing a game as I was when playing Assassin's Creed. You can see that there is a lot of potential in the game's formula, but it's repetitive tasks and dull story make playing extremely boring. You climb a tower to reveal the portion of the map you are in, eavesdrop in a conversation, save a citizen from bully guards, steal a letter from someone and then assassinate a target. Now you do it again and again. Combat is fun and instinctive, graphics are excellent and the assassination missions are good, but that doesn't make up for the various flaws present in tedious game. Expand
  18. Dec 11, 2012
    This was a good game, very neat idea back in the day and loved the setting and story, The first part of the game is the best, it starts off really strong, beautiful game with great animations and art style with a cinematic presentation but that starts falling off really after the first city.
  19. Jun 19, 2013
    As my first rated M game it will always have a special place in my heart. This game despite its flaws brought me into the world of Assassin's Creed, and now I'm stuck in the world and this has become one of my favorite series ever.
  20. Aug 9, 2013
    EN: Assassin's Creed presents an outstanding idea, but the poorly made stealth system, clunky controls and repetitive side missions are a disappointment. It could be a lot better.

PT-BR: Assassins Creed apresenta uma idéia excelente, mas o sistema de stealth mal feito, os controles desajeitados e as missões secundárias repetitivas são uma decepção. Poderia ser muito melhor.
  21. Feb 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As you start playing this game you will be amazed by the wonderful graphic and the maniac attention to details of the cities environment. Cities are full of people walking around, talking, buying things from merchants and so on. Really... amazing. The story itself is well written, with rich characters and a really original plot. But, after a bunch of hours... you'll start to get bored by doing always the same things. It's like you always repeat the same mission: climb to find places, kill the target, flee from guards. With almost no chance to develop an original strategy for your next kill. So.. i'll give it a 5, you will eventually get to the end hoping it will change something but no, always the same... Expand
  22. Jan 6, 2013
    I've played all the games in this series (except for the handheld ones) and, for the most part, enjoyed them, but there was very little to enjoy in this game for me. The free-running mechanic is good, and the combat is fine for a while. However, the visuals are not special (it felt like there was little or no color in the world!), the story is kind of boring, the voice acting is fairlyI've played all the games in this series (except for the handheld ones) and, for the most part, enjoyed them, but there was very little to enjoy in this game for me. The free-running mechanic is good, and the combat is fine for a while. However, the visuals are not special (it felt like there was little or no color in the world!), the story is kind of boring, the voice acting is fairly ridiculous, the modern-day parts felt like homework, and some of the gameplay things are painstakingly stupid (folding your hands and walking slower lets you "blend in," despite the fact that you are only person in the city that is hooded and armed to the teeth). If you're thinking about playing through the AC games, do yourself a favor: just read the wiki on this game and start with AC II. Expand
  23. Jun 12, 2013
    It's funny this game actually works, even if it is a bit boring. Still for me was a lot more fun to play this game than the most recently AC game....it's weird but true. This game has an interesting story, with a good main character, your beloved Altair, and with interesting characters. What makes this game a bit boring is the fact that you will be doing always the same thing in terms ofIt's funny this game actually works, even if it is a bit boring. Still for me was a lot more fun to play this game than the most recently AC game....it's weird but true. This game has an interesting story, with a good main character, your beloved Altair, and with interesting characters. What makes this game a bit boring is the fact that you will be doing always the same thing in terms of missions, and there aren't a lot of collectibles expect for the flags to catch. So in my view is a good game beside been a bit boring and the graphics not been the best. Expand
  24. Nov 26, 2010
    Assassins creed positives. Beautifull graphics, a stirdy cast of voice actors, great eviroment features such as people noticing your actions etc gaurds investigating a murdered person and warning other gaurds of you in a certian vicinity and people noticing you do unusual things that attrack unwanted attention and simple to learn combat.
    negatives. the story with the mix of medieval time
    negatives. the story with the mix of medieval time period and science fiction realy unballances the setting and feeling of the game especialy with the poorly made story that could have been better if it was not for the science fiction. The gameplay is nothing new, i found my self button mashing most of the time, and found it ridiculous that the gaurds were able to chase me in their full body armor scaling buildings. Plus some pointless gameplay such as spying on conversations with no real purpose in the game, and the fact on how simple it is to hide from your persuers. I also felt that the boss fights were made to simple, you could either waste your time in a sword fight or just jump on them with your concealed blade.
    Assassins creed brings good enviroment to the table but it also brings too much repeat feeling gameplay and pointless tasks of searching for far too many flags just to get a special weapon such as the crossbow.
    It could have been better.
  25. Mar 21, 2012
    It's trying to be compelling but it fails, miserably. The graphics are well but basically everything else is mundane, boring, stupid or unnessicary. The story is terrible, the voice acting ok, the music good, the gameplay repetitive. Overall it's an average ride, it's so terribly tedious and there is literally no imagination in this game, it is that dull. 5/10.
  26. Jan 22, 2014

+Nice Level design+
    +Good Graphics+
    +Moderate A.I-
    -Frustrating Camera issue-
    -Technical issues- (Glitches, Bugs, and Crashes)
  27. Jan 18, 2015
    AC 1 is a great game.Nice characters, perfect story and wonderful but repetitive gameplay.It is one of the best choises for the begining of the series.It is not as good as its sequels but if u want to know it all started buy it
  28. Nov 27, 2012
    It's almost painful for me to have to score an Assassin's Creed game so low. I loved every other game in this series, and I wanted to give this one a try as well. I know, the game is old, and you can't expect much from it, but that is not an excuse to have such repetitive gameplay. What this game is basically all about is stalking people, and killing them. Stalking people, and steal fromIt's almost painful for me to have to score an Assassin's Creed game so low. I loved every other game in this series, and I wanted to give this one a try as well. I know, the game is old, and you can't expect much from it, but that is not an excuse to have such repetitive gameplay. What this game is basically all about is stalking people, and killing them. Stalking people, and steal from them. Stalking people, then get ambushed. The story of this game is so amazing, with the first Assassins on Alamut in Masyaf, and the fight with the templars is all very interesting, but you see very little of this. Also the freerunning and parkour in this is not very satisfying, feels clunky, and takes a lot of time. This is what made me end up at the very average score 6. Expand
  29. Jan 14, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassins creed is a great game, and one of the best in its production year. Being the first entry in a franchise, Ubi-soft tried to make use of the Prince of Persia style wall climbing mechanics that we know so well, but did they succeed?..... Yes!

Assassins creed has one of the best graphics in the entire AC series, but some story elements seam repetitive the more you proceed through the game. Sneaking, pickpocketing, eaves dropping....these elements where fun for the first 2 assassination sequences, but for the rest it seamed repetitive.
    although, finding your way through the dessert mountain passes was fun, but the overall experience was let down by the un-engaging story.
  30. Jul 9, 2014
    When giving an opinion on the first AC, one has to make a distinction: How the game felt when it first came out, and how it holds up nower days. When the game first saw the light of day, it was amazing: innovative gameplay, a pretty cool story, great environments and the birth of a great weapon: the Hidden Blade. What was not so great about it were the side missions, which felt pretty dullWhen giving an opinion on the first AC, one has to make a distinction: How the game felt when it first came out, and how it holds up nower days. When the game first saw the light of day, it was amazing: innovative gameplay, a pretty cool story, great environments and the birth of a great weapon: the Hidden Blade. What was not so great about it were the side missions, which felt pretty dull and repetitive. Nower days the game feels only average, since its sequels improved the gameplay by so much. If you really like the series, check it out, if you are looking for an "improved" version, go straight to one of the sequels Expand
  31. Oct 5, 2010
    PS3 - This game has stunning graphics, has a very creative and original storyline. Game progression unlocks special moves, weapons and abilities. however After playing the game for 6 hours, i find it becomes repetitive, even though it was challenging enough. Could have used a more dynamic storyline, and that is the reason it got a 7/10.
  32. Feb 8, 2013
    The only good thing about his game is the graphics... even more when it was released back in 2007. But, what a crappy game!! It's the only time in my life I had difficulty finishing a game. I wanted to give up halfway through. Always doing the same thing over and over again during 10 hours... O_o By chance, the second one was better.
  33. Aug 21, 2013
    This game was in my opinion not as good as the 2nd assassin's creed, reason being that this game had many problems when you first played it and it took so long to fix it, but overall great gameply, I love climbing buildings and such, and roaming around
  34. Mar 20, 2013
    I'm a fan of ac series but this one was very boring, I liked the story, but they spoke too much, and the gameplay was frustrating. Though it was the first one, so i must forgive many mistakes.
  35. Oct 17, 2010
    Inspired, but lacking in execution. What the game proposes is spectacular, with the massive free roam levels and the use of 'extras' and the environment in game play. The La Parkour elements are great and are pulled off smoothly. However, the missions are repetitive and get boring after a while, to the point where I was doing them because I had to, not wanted to. Visuals are stunningInspired, but lacking in execution. What the game proposes is spectacular, with the massive free roam levels and the use of 'extras' and the environment in game play. The La Parkour elements are great and are pulled off smoothly. However, the missions are repetitive and get boring after a while, to the point where I was doing them because I had to, not wanted to. Visuals are stunning though. Probably best to just get number 2 from the looks of it. Expand
  36. Mar 21, 2013
    I don't hate this game; the gameplay itself is awesome which does hold up the game well, but everything else just seems boring. The presentation is stupid, specifically cutscenes and those weird computer glitches that are supposed to be part of the simulation. Altair doesn't have any real character behind him beyond a white hood and a wrist blade. The biggest crime has to be the extremelyI don't hate this game; the gameplay itself is awesome which does hold up the game well, but everything else just seems boring. The presentation is stupid, specifically cutscenes and those weird computer glitches that are supposed to be part of the simulation. Altair doesn't have any real character behind him beyond a white hood and a wrist blade. The biggest crime has to be the extremely repetitive nature of the game, it just doesn't give a good feeling of progress as you continue the story. My theory is that this game was just the beginning of a risky new IP that turned out to be a major success, which Assassin's Creed II reflects. I won't deny this game of being good, I'm just saying that it really hasn't aged well, but that aging was caused by the sequels of the game being so much better. Expand
  37. Mar 13, 2014
    The series known as Assassin's Creed started here. Despite the strong points of the game, such as it's graphics and fun gameplay and combat, the game and gameplay in general is brought down by repetitiveness after playing for the first few hours.

You are forced through different cities where you have to complete the same tasks in each city with character and some dialogue changes being the only difference. This can make it frustrating to play after awhile.

If you can look over this, Assassin's Creed can be very fun to play.

I give this game a 7, I would rate it quite a bit higher if the linear, repetitive gameplay didn't exist.
  38. Feb 28, 2014
    I give the game a strong 7/10. It gives you an awesome feeling when you roam old cities, climbing up buildings, running and jumping across the rooftops. The story and voice acting is good but the player character felt out of place sometimes. I love the combat animations. Even though the graphics are good, it is a bit colorless. To progress in the game you have to complete the same set ofI give the game a strong 7/10. It gives you an awesome feeling when you roam old cities, climbing up buildings, running and jumping across the rooftops. The story and voice acting is good but the player character felt out of place sometimes. I love the combat animations. Even though the graphics are good, it is a bit colorless. To progress in the game you have to complete the same set of different tasks which makes it repetitive. If this title would have had unique and varied missions through out the whole game (like i. e. GTA) it could have scored a 9/10 in my book. Anyways it is a cool game. Expand
  39. May 31, 2013
    Assassin's Creed puts you in the shoes of Altaïr that's a member of the Levantine Brotherhood whose sworn enemy is the Knights Templar. It is very repetitive and can get boring at sometimes. The graphics don't compete with Ubisoft's current projects and the story is what stopped me from quitting the game. The combat and parkour elements are amazing. Assassin's Creed is and always will be aAssassin's Creed puts you in the shoes of Altaïr that's a member of the Levantine Brotherhood whose sworn enemy is the Knights Templar. It is very repetitive and can get boring at sometimes. The graphics don't compete with Ubisoft's current projects and the story is what stopped me from quitting the game. The combat and parkour elements are amazing. Assassin's Creed is and always will be a must play. Expand
  40. Aug 13, 2010
    Assassin's creed opened me up to a large game world that allowed me to explore both the main stoyline, and individual side quests. The fighting is also slick, and the tools of the trade add to a unique playing experience However, the main downfall to this game for me was that over a set amount of time, the game started to become rather repetitive and I started to lose interest. TheAssassin's creed opened me up to a large game world that allowed me to explore both the main stoyline, and individual side quests. The fighting is also slick, and the tools of the trade add to a unique playing experience However, the main downfall to this game for me was that over a set amount of time, the game started to become rather repetitive and I started to lose interest. The intersecting times when you are outside the Animus were, for me some of the most boring parts of the game. The story is carried on through you playing the game through the character's memories, not a doctor complaining all the time about the use of the machine, you as a player and et cetera. Even though there are times in which the game can get boring/repetitive, the flowing open world, and the fighting and overall storyline make this a decent game to play. 7/10 Expand
  41. Sep 29, 2013
    Pretty good game overall. It was fun to visit Jerusalem. I liked to run people over with the horse and run through them when on foot. Cool Missions like pickpocket and interrogation beat-downs. Interesting storyline with a arabic feel with french and english voice overs giving it some international flavour. Climbing to the highest building and having the camera pan out were beautifulPretty good game overall. It was fun to visit Jerusalem. I liked to run people over with the horse and run through them when on foot. Cool Missions like pickpocket and interrogation beat-downs. Interesting storyline with a arabic feel with french and english voice overs giving it some international flavour. Climbing to the highest building and having the camera pan out were beautiful graphics and while attemping made you feel like you were climbing the buildings yourself. Saving citizens was fun however repetitive. The sound at time got annoying with non stop bell clanking. The ending seemed unfinished and put together poorly. Sometimes fighting was too easy, boring and long. Cool fighting scenes which require good timing for combos and counters. Overall a fun game, no trophies. and now you can find it for under 20 so its worth buying, playing and beating. Expand
  42. aspentitan
    Jan 4, 2010
    Some things were done nicely in this game. The cinematics and 3D world were fantastic and the story aspect of the game was interesting however the gameplay itself was very very bland and unexciting which is why you buy a game in the first place. I give a 7 just for the quality of the game being solid in most repects but just could not play it through with so many other fun games out on Some things were done nicely in this game. The cinematics and 3D world were fantastic and the story aspect of the game was interesting however the gameplay itself was very very bland and unexciting which is why you buy a game in the first place. I give a 7 just for the quality of the game being solid in most repects but just could not play it through with so many other fun games out on the market. Expand
  43. TheMule
    Mar 5, 2008
    It's half a game. One level of design copy-pasted multiple times. Moronic gameplay, combat, moronic enemy AI, poor story, character developement, and surpisingly non-existent ending deserving of such a scam. One painful example of what "hype" can do (and some major videogame websites paid to write forgiving reviews and give good scores. STAY AWAY.
  44. MadsR.
    Dec 10, 2007
    Allthough it is a very visually beautiful game and the controls are great, it lacks in variation and you basically do the same thing over and over until your fed up.
  45. Guardian
    Jul 18, 2008
    Ok Assassins Creed, one of the most hyped up games of the year, its great its got good controls and graphically very nice. Story wise im sure will come into itself a little when they release number 2, but its pretty tight. I bought the collectors edition with the steel case etc and it was good value for money except the replay value just isn't quite there. Its unique in its time Ok Assassins Creed, one of the most hyped up games of the year, its great its got good controls and graphically very nice. Story wise im sure will come into itself a little when they release number 2, but its pretty tight. I bought the collectors edition with the steel case etc and it was good value for money except the replay value just isn't quite there. Its unique in its time period and fantastic until its all over. I'm a lover of story based games, and ive tried to replay this one a few times but just end up in random sword fighting duels to try and keep interested. First time around though, i loved it, kept me interested enough to want to finish it off.....but at the end of the day i wanted more and once its over...its over. Just needed to have a few more options and perhaps an extra mode of play or two ie: dueling mode etc just to keep those of us who enjoyed this overall going. Polished, solid and entertaining but as said b4 when its over its over. Expand
  46. PinCushion
    Aug 10, 2008
    Pretty good graphics although copy pasted and color palette changed here and there, once you've played one city you've played them all. The main problem to me is the horrible programming, ridiculous missions and game systems that just don't make any sense, plus inform you some times then don't inform you others. I have been playing for about 6 hours now and have Pretty good graphics although copy pasted and color palette changed here and there, once you've played one city you've played them all. The main problem to me is the horrible programming, ridiculous missions and game systems that just don't make any sense, plus inform you some times then don't inform you others. I have been playing for about 6 hours now and have crashed the game 7 times...it just locks up when i am running, in mid air, on a horse....walking.....totally sucks. the only reason it got a 5 is for the main character model, although poor looking in some instances, the attempt at fighting and the ability to put together a city like that....to me though this is typical ubisoft, maybe one nice thing amidst a crap load of crappity crap things.....but hey they did polish a t**d...and that's what this game is, hopefully next one will be better, i will wait way way down the line to see how the reviews pan out before buying again though. Expand
  47. MarkK.
    Feb 8, 2008
    It's Next-Gen on some levels, but this is still a very one-dimensional experience that always gives you the urdge to go and do something else. A real disappointment.
  48. LeonL.
    Mar 19, 2008
    I'm kind of disappointed of the game. Graphic is excellent but it is the same throughout the game. I just walk through the cities and perform the same mission over and over again. There isn't much action happening and I'm getting bored after the 3rd memory. There is no subtitle of the video chip (unlike Uncharted, and Ratchet and Clank).
  49. BoffoJ.
    Jul 16, 2009
    Most has already been said but I'll add my two cents anyway. The game is fun and the graphics are amazing which is what gives it a 6. The reason I can't give it a 10 is as follows: When I originally bought this game the repetitive nature of it grew tiresome and I gave up. I picked it up again a year or so later to finish it and it was a long repetitive task. The ending was so Most has already been said but I'll add my two cents anyway. The game is fun and the graphics are amazing which is what gives it a 6. The reason I can't give it a 10 is as follows: When I originally bought this game the repetitive nature of it grew tiresome and I gave up. I picked it up again a year or so later to finish it and it was a long repetitive task. The ending was so anti climactic that I was pissed off that I spent all that time to get there. There should never be a.... to be continued at the end of a game. It should be a complete package. The dual story line was ridiculous and the ending atrocious. All that said it was still fun to play. Let's hope they work out the kinks for the inevitable number 2. Expand
  50. ChadH
    Aug 3, 2009
    A beautiful game that offers alot for the eye. It also has a unique system of climbing, and moving around your environment that was definitely pioneered (at least mainstream from what I've seen) by Ubisoft's developers. The story is pretty good, but the missions are unbelievably repetitive. I never finished the game despite wanting to further the story because of this A beautiful game that offers alot for the eye. It also has a unique system of climbing, and moving around your environment that was definitely pioneered (at least mainstream from what I've seen) by Ubisoft's developers. The story is pretty good, but the missions are unbelievably repetitive. I never finished the game despite wanting to further the story because of this repetitiveness. I'd suggest renting it and spending at least 20 hours playing it before making the call to spend 60 bucks on it. Not to mention you could easily beat the game before your rental ends, and I doubt you'll see any replay value in this game. Maybe in a couple years or when number 2 comes out you'll pick it up again. Expand
  51. DickL.
    Nov 14, 2007
    What the hell, this was the most anticipated game for two years and is such a dissapointment, then again the third crusade wasnt all that exciting anyways.
  52. GregD.
    Dec 1, 2007
    Great graphics, great AI, interesting storyline...unimaginative adventures for an assasin and repetitive in the worst way. Still worth playing though.
  53. DonM.
    Dec 17, 2007
    I won't lie....I played this game for about 20 hours total and was hooked for a while. I found it completely fun at times but it quickly became repetitive. I began by completing every task in each level but about halfway through I realized it was pointless. So I only completed the tasks needed to get the assassination. Basically you assassinate a guy and then run like hell back to I won't lie....I played this game for about 20 hours total and was hooked for a while. I found it completely fun at times but it quickly became repetitive. I began by completing every task in each level but about halfway through I realized it was pointless. So I only completed the tasks needed to get the assassination. Basically you assassinate a guy and then run like hell back to base---repeat 8 times and then battle a couple bosses. A more stealth approach and exit would have made it much more interesting. The dialog is completely recycled in every level so much so that you may just get pissed and stab the woman who keeps bumping into you asking you for change around every corner in every level of the entire game. When I beat it I quickly pulled it out of my PS3 and returned it to the video store. If you need a day or two worth or fun then get this, but that's about all the fun will last. If you're looking for something with more depth and variety keep looking. However, I will say that the groundwork is layed for a rad sequel ---if they can improve on the faults of this one. Expand
  54. jl
    Dec 30, 2007
    good graphics dumb story line, remember in the short movie before u start playing the game the dude has lots of weapons on him that u cant get in the game including the cross bo but i could be wrong maybe theirs some way 2 get it ,and after u beat the game u can only repeat the same
    boring stuff all in all piss this
  55. SimonM.
    Dec 31, 2007
    The game starts off well but unfortunately the missions soon become repetitive and dull. Add a rather uninteresting story and cue hours of tedium.
  56. IanR.
    Jan 23, 2008
    I must be the only person who thought this game was rubbish. Fair enough it looks nice (hence the generous 5 out of 10) but thats irrelevant when the game is so boring and annoying. The initial training is tedious and slow, you cannot skip any of the storline and you seem to just wander around not really knowing what the hell your supposed to be doing. If you don't have the latest I must be the only person who thought this game was rubbish. Fair enough it looks nice (hence the generous 5 out of 10) but thats irrelevant when the game is so boring and annoying. The initial training is tedious and slow, you cannot skip any of the storline and you seem to just wander around not really knowing what the hell your supposed to be doing. If you don't have the latest 1080 hi-tech TV it's very difficult to see the info on the screen, especially when viewing your map. When duelling the controls seem unresponsive and you just end up tapping all the buttons like a girl playing street fighter2, and the running and jumping is slow and aggrivating. I was gutted when I part exchanged Ratchet and Clank (which is serious fun) with this game, and have more fun playing Tetris. I've been gaming since before the NES and take my advice rent this game before buying it. Don't believe the hype. Expand
  57. D.J.
    Jan 25, 2008
    Lovely to look at dull to play.
  58. AaronL.
    Jul 11, 2008
    A somewhat unique game, great graphics, stunning level & costume design, and absolutely amazing gameplay (in terms of combat and climbing around the city etc) HOWEVER, this game feels like a tech-demo, it takes less than 2 hours before you realized it's very very repetitive, and very soon after that you're just hoping to skip all the middle missions and just have all the A somewhat unique game, great graphics, stunning level & costume design, and absolutely amazing gameplay (in terms of combat and climbing around the city etc) HOWEVER, this game feels like a tech-demo, it takes less than 2 hours before you realized it's very very repetitive, and very soon after that you're just hoping to skip all the middle missions and just have all the boss-fight (that tells the stories) line up right next to each other and be over and done with the game. i do however feel that with the same format, this game can be transformed into one of the best fantasy rpg games out there. assassin's creed itself however seems to be a combination of genres, action, adventure and rpg, but yet it fails to grasp the exciting features in each genre, ending up in the middle of nowhere. Expand
  59. IanB
    Oct 19, 2009
    Not a bad game, but I thought it was too repetitive to enjoy fully. I felt i was playing the same mission over and over again.
  60. AlexH
    Sep 8, 2009
    The presentation and style of the game grabs a lot of attention but the quality of the game lacks creativity and effort. The low score comes from its repetitive gameplay, although the interesting storyline and immensely beautiful graphics can keep this game on the list of a PS3 gamer.
  61. Brian
    Nov 27, 2007
    Very disappointed. This game started off great, however, it becomes repetitive quickly. I was also bored by the fighting system. Fighting basically consists of countering attacks or just hitting one button over and over again.
  62. JasonX.
    Dec 19, 2007
    Great graphics and good controls; however, the gameplay becomes very repetitive and uninteresting.
  63. Warmonger
    Dec 4, 2007
    This game Reminds me a bit of thief and prince of Persia..but they sort or ruined it with that whole future past storyline,they should have just kept it in the past. The graphics are very nice but the gameplay becomes too tiresome and repetitive after awhile.Definitely rent before you buy.
  64. DaveG.
    Dec 7, 2007
    A beautiful bore. 3 hours into this game, I wanted to stop since it was already painfully repetitive and pointless to continue since the combat was a brutal chore and not the least bit fun. A gorgeous game that fails at everything else.
  65. gunzofglory
    Nov 12, 2009
    Fantastic at first, but...does get repetitive. You have to congratulate Ubisoft on their hard work and dedication for creating what has to be one of the finest games of 2007. What they didn't take into consideration was how repetitive it would be, both in terms of combat and the environment. Nonetheless, it is a visually stunning epic that explores the Third Crusade both brutally and Fantastic at first, but...does get repetitive. You have to congratulate Ubisoft on their hard work and dedication for creating what has to be one of the finest games of 2007. What they didn't take into consideration was how repetitive it would be, both in terms of combat and the environment. Nonetheless, it is a visually stunning epic that explores the Third Crusade both brutally and appropriately. My suggestion - rent it for a week and then decide, or pay £10, which seems highly worth it. Look forward to their much anticipated Assassin's Creed 2, which will, most definitely, be a stellar one. Expand
  66. Jul 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassin's Creed is an enriching, immersive and satisfying game in regards to its atmosphere and gameplay, save a few glitches and flaws. Yet, its conventional and simplistic ending virtually strips the game of the philosophical credibility that it had attempted to establish beforehand. In addition, the many goals in this game grow incredibly repetitious as the player progresses through the game's narrative. Regardless of this, Assassin's Creed perfects its open-world atmosphere through its detailed and complex depiction of the crusades. In addition, it poses many fascinating philosophical and moral questions that resist easy answers, even if Altair's strong, and arguably simplistic, adherence to the creed does undermine the player's ability to challenge themselves on an intellectual level. It's the moral absolutism of Altair that the game attempts to eschew. Occasionally, some of the dialogue is stilted and the delivery isn't quite credible as one would hope, yet its ambition and scope seem to transcend its flaws. Assassin's Creed isn't an infallible game by any means, but it certainly isn't a mediocre cash cow. Expand
  67. Dec 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Assassin's Creed for PlayStation 3. The beginning of an amazing franchise that would start a legacy. The story revolves around Desmond Miles who holds important memories of his ancestors that are very important to today. He is held against his will against the government to have his ancestors memories read by a device called an "animus". Although it's very doubtful that DNA can hold ancestor's memories. But you don't play as Desmond Miles, you play as his ancestor "Altair"in the Crusades. The goal in the game is too kill powerful people who were real life people during the Crusades. Now, the game is historically inaccurate obviously, some of the people in the game are real, but Altair wasn't real and never assassinated these people. Altair was a top assassin, but he broke a tenet and was demoted and had all his weapons taken away and he has to start from scratch. As you progress you get your weapons back and explore new areas in the game. The world is pretty big and well detailed. You can explore four cities: Masyaf, Jerusalem, Acre, and Damascus. The cities are incredibly big and very accurate to the cities in real life. The game looks fantastic. Even the crowd looks very realistic because there's dozens of people in the same area, and the game runs perfectly smooth. Why couldn't they do this in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim? Anyway you got to kill powerful people throughout these three cities to learn about the piece of Eden. The U.S. government in the present time is looking for the piece of Eden which is actually the Apple of Eden which is actually an orb with a lot of power. Yes, this fictional religious artifact is the main part of the story. An item that never existed. How original, it's like the Ark of Covenant or the Holy Grail in the Indiana Jones movies. That's not the worst part, you won't even believe me why the U.S. government is looking for the Apple of Eden. You sure you want to know? Okay, they are trying to prevent the 2012 Apocalypse on December 21. Another infamous hoax that is a conspiracy theorists fetish. I can't believe they add this in a historic video game. If you are going to make a historic video game. Make it sound realistic and not base it off fictional religious items (all religion is fiction) and end of the world conspiracies. Apart from the bad storyline, the game is very good in terms of gameplay, you got a bunch of weapons like throwing knives, the hidden blade and the signature sword. To discuss the characters, Altair sucks and Desmond would of been better if he tried to fight off the government and escape, but he's like no, I'll do whatever the **** they want. But to continue on with the gameplay, sneaking up to people and stabbing them with your hidden blade is very fun. Climbing up buildings is extremely fun. Although the controls could be a little better. My biggest compliant about this game is the ending and it doesn't revolve around the story. When you beat the game, you don't continue where you left off, you got to start the missions all over again and it's ****ing retarded you can't skip the cutscenes. Another stupid thing about this game is that you can only make one save file. What were they thinking? Even old games like "Super Metroid" on Super Nintendo you could make three save files, but Assassin's Creed which is a High Defintion video game on the PlayStation got its ass kicked by the 16 bit Super Nintendo. Although this game has flaws, it's one you might want to check out.

FINAL RATING: 7 OUT OF 10
  68. Mar 7, 2013
    blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablblablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla Expand
  69. Jun 15, 2014
    I found the game equally entertaining and annoying. Graphics are stunning, main character is likable (for me) and, let's be honest, assassinating people is fun. It didn't even bother me that the plot wasn't very interesting, I enjoyed running on the roofs and throwing daggers. However, as I mentioned, I am amazed how many times this game managed to piss me off. First of all, controls areI found the game equally entertaining and annoying. Graphics are stunning, main character is likable (for me) and, let's be honest, assassinating people is fun. It didn't even bother me that the plot wasn't very interesting, I enjoyed running on the roofs and throwing daggers. However, as I mentioned, I am amazed how many times this game managed to piss me off. First of all, controls are REALLY unwieldy. God knows how many times I was trying to escape guards, accidentally running into walls and getting stuck there for couple of seconds (enough time for the guards to slash me couple of times). Although I was trying to turn, the guy was just stubbornly running straight ahead, jumping on the wall, falling, jumping, falling, jumping...

The crowd is also a real pain in the ass. I fully understand that escapes shouldn't be easy and manoeuvring in the crowd makes them more challenging, but, for God's sake, how many times people started to run straight at me a second before I reached them, not giving me any chance to dodge! Which, obviously, was significantly slowing me down. I often had a feeling that the game is just not being fair. Another example - the 'hitbox' for collecting bonuses (flags) is really small, but it's enough to just walk close to a lady with a vase (NOT touching her) to make her drop it and draw guards' attention...

Another ridiculous thing is lack of consistency. For the first time you have to travel to another town by horse (which is a pain in the ass, considering how many guards there are on roads and that they attack you on sight when you trot!). For the second time you also have to travel manually. For the rest of the game though you have to ride just half of the way, then you can 'teleport' to a chosen city. Then again, for the first time, after completing a mission, you are automatically transported to Masyaf. After completing the second mission, you have to travel there manually. After the third mission, the game asks you if you want to be automatically transported or travel on your own. I mean, come on! It's like different parts of the game were created by completely different people who didn't communicate with each other.

But the most ridiculous thing is that the first and second mission ends right after you kill the target, so you don't have to worry about those fifty guards that are after you. However, during further missions, you have to kill the target AND run around the city for 10 minutes, trying to escape. You just don't know what will happen next and what tactics should you choose. Should I first eliminate all those guards and then kill the target to avoid being chased for 10 minutes? Or can I totally just run for the kill and ignore the guards, because I'll be transported to a safe place automatically?

My copy also has a serious glitch - at some point it stopped showing me a full map. Streets that I already traveled through was still covered in 'fog' and view points weren't marked, so I had to look for them on my own.

I also found instructions quite vague. It took me some time (and many deaths) to figure things out and learn the controls.

Another thing is that cut-scenes sometimes had little to do with things that I actually did in game.
    Altair eavesdrops conversations which are totally out of context, so he doesn't really learn much from them. Then, during a cutscene, he summarizes them to a guy in the bureau, presenting facts that was never mentioned by people he was spying on. What's the point of eavesdropping, if I don't actually learn enough from it to connect the facts and figure things out on my own? Many times I felt like Altair and I were eavesdropping totally different conversations. The game says that the investigation is closed, but I still know barely nothing about the victim and have to wait until a guy THAT I'M CONTROLLING tells me what's going on.

Another HUGE drawback - I wasn't able to change the language on English, so I was stuck with a TERRIBLE Polish dubbing.

Summing up - I had lots of fun playing the game but it made me scream with frustration far to many times. It's very unpolished, but still entertaining.

1. Its stunning visual style, high concept story, and wildly open level design are like nothing else, even if too much repetition begins to frustrate in the later hours. It’s a game people will still be talking about five years from now.
  2. With its riveting story, beautiful visuals and surprisingly lifelike world, Assassin's Creed is an incredibly deep, enjoyable game that kept us addicted from beginning to bizarre end.
    It attempts a lot of ambitious things and it almost succeeds at every one. But it's apparent that these grandiose ideas may have been a little too much to master the first go-round. But hey, at least the groundwork is laid for a killer sequel -- right, Ubisoft?