7.2

1. tcb
    Apr 7, 2012
    Very nice game. Normally I'm not a big fan of QTEs but here they are implemented in a nice and working way (i.e. they are part of the game play and not just sprinkled in at random times in a cut scene as they are in most other games). The story was nice, and the game play was fun. Soundtrack is amazing, and the graphics are nice to look at. What I really liked about it is the fact, that it is different, and not the same old game play as rehashed in every other game. Expand
  2. Feb 5, 2013
    The parts where you can actually control the character are in fact pretty crappy, 6/10 stuff at best. Combat is boring and utterly repetitive play the game on easy to reduce the amount of repeated moves and combos, there is not much point to play on higher difficulty anyway. The crappy combat does not actually matter, for its real purpose (besides making this classifiable as a game) is to help you to better connect with Asura and his wrath. And same actually goes for (effectively pointless) quick-time events throughout the cut-scenes. This game tells a story filled with emotions (well, mostly wrath, duh) and the story, the animations, the game's ability to make you feel those emotions is the real meat here. If you like anime over-the-top stuff like Gurren Lagann, Naruto (those non-emo pre-shippuuden parts anyway) or any other fighting anime about overcoming your own limitations, you will love Asura's Wrath for all the epic moments and fights it will throw at you. And unless this turns out to be lie, get the Nirvana DLC as well, it's at least as awesome as the basic game, gets you the real, definitive ending and I could swear the visuals get way better in it. (The DLC .5 episodes on the other hand are just pretty crappy ugly 2D animations with QTEs. The second one was okay, I guess, but the first one felt like utter waste of money.) Expand
  3. Feb 21, 2012
    Capcom parecería que volvió a la época en la que estaba Clover, en la que se arriesgaba a sacar cosas nuevas, tratando de innovar en ciertos aspectos, porque Asura Wrath es eso, las ganas de querer probar cosas nuevas y plasmándolas de una manera muy excitante en cuanto a la emoción que te causa al jugarlo.
    La
    música también es muy buena, por lo menos a mi me encanta. El estilo que tienen los gráficos y esa onda de querer simular los capítulos de los anime esta rebien hecho.
    Ojala Capcom siga con esta racha de lanzar juegos que tratan de mostrar algo diferente, y no como los Call of Duty o los Battlefield o toda esos juegos malisimos que solo venden por ser shooter, por el multiplayer, y porque todas las paginas que hacen análisis le ponen nota alta, ya que debe haber una tramoya atrás de la que no sabemos todavía como funciona, pero que se re nota que esta ahí.
  4. Mar 4, 2012
    Have not seen such epic Japanese games. If you say Heavy Rain is an interactive movie, the Asura can be compared with an interactive anime. The main feature game - epic and unique atmosphere. SHE JUST MEGA EPIC!
  5. Feb 29, 2012
    Asura's wrath is one of those game that divides mainstream from art. This game is an art piece. Of course like most of art it doesn't receives such high acclaim like most of the mindless games nowadays. Personally I don't care, it was worth 50â
  6. Feb 21, 2012
    Interactive Anime
    This game suceeds on all levels, except for one small part. Some good things are the mix of Japanese Mythology and science fiction graphics looks fantastic, and the gameplay is very fun and over-the-top epic. But, the cutscenes, though amazing, are too plentiful. Sometimes it feels as if you are watching an anime and clicking buttons in some spots. This is further
    implemented due to low difficulty. This will either be a good or bad thing, depending on the person. Alltogether, i found this game thrilling and action packed. Some may not but they should at least give it a try and rent it. Expand
  7. Feb 21, 2012
    Incredibly entertaining - it's like Fist of the North Star with a lot less stoicism and a lot more divine magic. I don't even mind that I spend a fair amount of time watching the story play out, it's just so over the top that anytime I'm not actively involved in gameplay, I am (no joke) laughing with joy at the latest nonsensical feat that Asura and I just pulled. The anime-episode-style presentation format is perfect for the story, the art is top-notch, and the gameplay itself is simple and appropriately furiously paced. Very highly recommended for fans of The Rule of Cool. Expand
  8. Feb 21, 2012
    This is an incredible game!! If you are any sort of Anime fan this is a definite must buy!! I might buy another copy or two so my friends can experience it too.
  9. Feb 27, 2012
    It's more like a interactive movie but i still love the game it was very original the story was quiet good too definitely one of my favorite games my only complain is that the game is very short and the graphics needed a little more detail but overall this game is awesome good job Capcom.
  10. Mar 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I like this game of curse if you don't like this type of games you will not like this one. I just found two negative things, one was the duration of the game I pass the game in four hours i didn't like that. The other thing is the stile of game all game basicly is a videos and you are like playing a cartoon, i really like it more if was parts with less video showing. Expand
  11. Mar 4, 2012
    I have to say I was blown away. The game really puts you into the story and you really want to always know what happens next. Its so refreshing to play something so new and original and once you start it is so hard to put down. That said the only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is because the game can be beat in about 6 hours but that is an amazing 6 hours. I can only hope that it sells well so they make a new one that can be even longer. Even though the can is a shorter one it is a experience that I'm so happy I spent 60 bucks on and didn't miss. All true gamers will appreciate this game for what it has done and bringing such a great story to life. If you are a true gamer and appreciate any kind of great game not just shooters please buy this.Really great experience from beginning to end. Expand
  12. Mar 6, 2012
    Asura is, an Interactive Anime with elements Beat'em Up. And to assess just how the game is not correct. Assess how the anime too. What happens on the screen, it's a nightmare addict. And it pleases. Difficult situation, they gave us something new that we can not explain. Thank you Capcom, for the great new IP.
  13. Mar 7, 2012
    Asura's Wrath isn't one of those games that leads you on - it does exactly what you expect it to. For those of us who actually read up on a games story before we play it randomly, we see the pain behind all that wrath and the way he blows off steam is AWESOME. It's a great story with some serious fights and intense cut scenes. Definitely a must play!
  14. May 30, 2012
    Phenomenal game. Graphics amazing, story gripping and lots of replay value. Bought it having read reviews and was worried it wouldn't be that fun but I love this game. They took a risk and it paid off.
  15. Apr 26, 2012
    When I sat down to play Asura's wrath for the first time I thought it was going to be a cheap god of war knock off. I could never have of been more wrong. The action in Asura's wrath was on a whole new level. But that is only part of what makes it such a great game. It has a fantastic intriguing story on top of all the mayhem. A lot of people are complaining that the game was more of a movie with all the cut scenes but those cut scene are what make a good story. There was no boring exploring or level cramming you fight boss after boss and take brakes between fights enjoying the progression of the story through very artistic comics and intriguing cut scenes. For all you action lovers and gamers that like a good story this is a must. MAKE SURE TO GET THE DLC WORTH IT Expand
  16. May 8, 2013
    The most epic story ever, with a really good ending that no games have.... Don't F*cking miss it !!!
    It's really one of the best game Capcom ever made. This is an incredible game.
  17. Oct 16, 2012
    This game... forget it. Go play this game. Nothing I say can help you understand the sheer amount of monumentally amazing action that this game has. If you like anime, then this is a must play. If you haven't already played this game, your probably not interested anyways, but take my word, you will not be disappointed. However, if your not into anime, QTE, or things that are awesome, then you probably wont appreciate it for what it is. As a game, its technically not that good, but as an interactive anime, its a masterpiece! Expand
  18. Mar 31, 2013
    got this game for $20. I've been warching Anime as a kid; my first was Mobile Suit Gundam followed by BT'x, Zenki, Tenchi Muyo, and you know the rest. The atmosphere has similarities to Gurren Laggan and Jojo with its shameless flaunting of unfathomable ridiculousness. It's a great game for Anime lovers but I won't recommend it to Westerners as they don't have an open mind to such things.
  19. Aug 1, 2014
    One of the most underrated games i have ever played. Asura's Wrath can be summed up in two words: an Epic Experience. If you are an anime fan of any sort, this is a must buy. This is one of the few games i can actually skip past the gameplay and get invested in the story.

The story is just great. Everything is just so enthralling and engaging that you will feel engaged to the story from
    beginning to end. There are so many epic moments i can't count them all at the top of my head. The story is also pretty damn sad and tragic to the point that there were moments i started to tear up. The characters are well done. There is the extremely relatable and badass protagonist, the very cool anti-hero, the cool bad guy, emotional helpers to the hero and the bad guy you hate and they are all done well.

The music is some of the best music i have ever heard in a video game. Wind Fang and Vajra Deus vs Vajra Asura alone are just two examples of how great this soundtrack is and it makes every scene even more epic than it usually is.

I honestly don't know why this game got hate from reviews. If you know you are going to experience more of an anime instead of a game, why hate on it. Every single aspect of this game is done extremely well. If The Walking Dead did it and got away with it, why can't Asura's Wrath? However, this is a game that you need to play for yourself to see if you like the game or not. I highly recommend this game to anyone interested in a literal "epic".

1. [W]e put the controller down (during a 'gameplay' sequence) and watched in stunned frustration as the game continued on happily playing itself for six minutes. It's inconceivable that there are gameplay levels that cannot be failed or be changed by your actions. Even Dragon's Lair, the game that birthed the concept 29 years ago, had consequences. [April 2012, p66]
  2. Those who do not care about the crazy Japanese aesthetics or the not so subtle references to popular anime, may ask them the question if the actual gameplay is any good at all. Well, it is. Sort of. [April 2012, p.66]
  3. Mar 28, 2012