6.7

1. sgb
    Oct 6, 2011
    Basically the same game as Aletlier Rorona with minor improvements throughout the game. The biggest improvement is there are no longer 'assignments', instead you have one main goal and the entire timelimit can be spent reaching that however you like. It feels much more open ended than Rorona. Little things like being able to turn in quests with items in your storage help game flow, andBasically the same game as Aletlier Rorona with minor improvements throughout the game. The biggest improvement is there are no longer 'assignments', instead you have one main goal and the entire timelimit can be spent reaching that however you like. It feels much more open ended than Rorona. Little things like being able to turn in quests with items in your storage help game flow, and the art is better.

However the some of the main problems Rorona had return. Combat is still bland, the game is still very easy, and the plot and dialogues are still mostly pointless. I understand they wanted to avoid a cheesy 'save the world' plot with these games, but having almost nothing going on isn't any better. While the art is nice, the in-game models are still sub-par for modern RPG standards. Sound and voiceovers are okay, but nothing special. As a fair warning, this game had day 1 DLC which I feel is a !@#$ move for any company.

All in all if you loved Rorona, you'll enjoy Totori. If you thought Rorona was a below average game, Totori won't change your opinion of the series.
  2. Apr 1, 2013
    This is the first of the Atelier Series that I played and I found this addicting for the 1st hours resulting to a BAD ending. Yes, BAAAD, like I wasted several hours of playtime for I have no Idea that this game has a strict Time Constraint.

The story is so fun especially when doing quests, hunting monsters, gathering and synthesizing materials. What I don't like is the English Dub but you can change the setting to Japanese which is very Animeistic.

Totori's main quest is to find out what happens to her mom. She needs to roam Arland and the peninsula just to gather clues.

This game is not replayable. I would like to kill all the boss monsters after I found out what happened to Totori's mom but time is the factor. You can't have your character level after finishing the game but you can have your Coles (money) and equipment back when you start a new game.

This game should be really addicting but the time constraint REALLY a FUN/JOY KILLER. I should have love this game but can't because of this. :(

Hopefully, Atelier Ayesha has no Time Limit.

Overall I initially love this game but the Fun factor failed when you reached the end of the Time limit.

1. Jan 17, 2012
    Atelier Totori features a few elegant mechanics in combat and framing. (…) Let me put the story this way: If you, unlike me, don´t have to look up, what "Shōjo" means, but instead use it as a positive filter during your search for new anime-stuff, then Atelier Totori is right up your alley.
  2. Nov 7, 2011
    While gamers new to (or averse to) anime style may not enjoy Atelier Totori, the committed JRPG audience will likely be pleased with what the game has to offer. For us JRPG enthusiasts, a good game means beautiful anime-style graphics, expressive musical scores, eccentric characters and dialog and complex gameplay mechanics; despite its somewhat simplified approach to combat, Atelier Totori scores on all points.
  3. Nov 7, 2011
    Fans that have played the games before won't need any introduction, they will know what to expect in an Atelier game, and it's a good game in that respect for them. As mentioned it's not an epic adventure, but it never tries to be. This story is a personal one of one girl's emotional ride to becoming experienced in alchemy and adventuring and her quest to find her mum. It's not an RPG for everyone who likes the genre, but it is fun, and if you can get into it once you've passed the initial couple of hours then you'll have found yourself one of the most relaxing and easygoing RPGs on the market today.