7.6

1. May 2, 2012
    Extremely fun to play and addictive!! the more you play the better your char will be... only downside is you might get set up with high level ppl and that spells for GG... extremely recommended and that comes from a season vet LoL player
  2. Jul 12, 2012
    Fun, addictive, and very enjoyable game. Endless combinations of the items available for the 6 awesomenauts. Figuring out which items go together and that will help you dominate on the battlefield is just part of the fun in Awesomenauts. The game is a 3 vs 3 online game that has 3 different maps for you to explore and to find secret was to elude your enemies and destroy their base. Each character is unique it its own way one can go from a healer to a very destructive giant robot. You will want to keep playing this game to unlock more items and to get all the way to the highest level of prestige to show that you are a true awesomenauts fan on the leaderboards. Later in the month of July, Ronimo games will be releasing a patch to help balance the game more and make the network connection is better. The Patch will also include 2 FREE DLC characters who are Coco Nebulon and Derple Zork. Coco uses speed and electricity to shock her opponents to death. From her lightning ball technique to her amazing lighting trail that will stun your opponents so you can do some serious damage. Derpl is a slug in a combat walker, I know it sounds weird but he's awesome, and he shoots out deadly explosive holographic cats and will trap your enemies in explosive grid traps and can transform into his even deadlier siege mode where his grip traps turn into a homing nuke and his cats turn into gatling fire. These 2 characters will make the game fresh and will make you want to play for hours on end. These are the reasons i recommend that you should buy this game right away and I guarantee this game will last quite some time. Also, help support Ronimo Games because they are giving us free dlc and the game is only worth $10, so please but Awesomenauts to support Ronimo. Expand
  3. May 2, 2012
    Game is really fun and is worth the small 10 dollar price! There is many differnent ways to customize characters so that each character can be built differently each game. Different upgrades can influence how you play your Awesomenaut, for example, Voltar can be a healer or converted into a psudo-dps with the inverted death beam. The art is cartoony and very colorful and whimsical.
    Cons:
    Only 3vs3
    Small character set(more coming with dlc)
    Pros:
    Splitscreen so you and a friend can play together
    Nice netcode
    Quick matchmaking
    Tons of customization and unlocks

Don't listen to thekeychainkid, Ronimo Games wanted to make a fun 2d platformer with MOBA nfluences and they did an awesome job at it. Why get caught up with the definition of MOBA,ARTS or whatever acronyms. There is already HON, and Dota2 if you wanted a modern DOTA. It would be hard financially to include new content on consoles for free, only way to do it is with dlc.
  4. May 2, 2012
    Very enjoyable and addictive game. Recommended for people who like Player vs. Player game-play! Characters are fun, creative and playful that you grow attached to them as you kick butt and take names. As you play, you level up in rank and unlock more customize-able abilities for your characters, giving you some joy when you unlock a new ability for your favorite character to choose from. The local co-op option is great and works smoothly, and it's how my friend and I play. When a person is kicked out of the game, a bot replaces them, so don't fret when you lose a teammate! I'd recommend this to everyone, especially those with a bit of a competitive spirit. Expand
  5. May 9, 2012
    There's no doubt about it; Awesomenauts is truly awesome. As a true MOBA noob, I had different expectations of the playing style, but after a couple of minutes in the game, I loved everything about it. Everything is just right: the setting, the beautiful 2D graphics, the amount of detail, the way characters are perfectly thought out, the music and the best part the epic theme song. Give this game a try if you're not convinced, you won't be disappointed. Expand
  6. May 20, 2012
    If you have any friends willing to give this a try, take them up on the offer. Even though this game is definitely not perfect (some abilities could use some cool-down tweaks), and it may not be as pretty or in depth as other games, but when enjoyed with friends it delivers something that few other games can offer: short bursts of pure fun.
  7. May 9, 2012
    Nice game with some major flaws: Unbalanced characters, three almost identical maps, multiplayer only (no one will play this game in a few month), players that don't know how to play this kind of game (don't play with randoms), almost no replay value.
  8. Oct 15, 2012
    I really don't understand this game. Not only does it have the worst visual art style but gameplay is absolutely attrocious. A platformer where you shoot stuff but with more flash and other pointless stuff. If you think this game is any good you really need help. Either play a real game or if you just want an arcade platformer then even Mario 64 will do a better job. Awesomenauts is anything but awesome. Expand
  9. Dec 17, 2013
    What is the point of this game? You can't do much here. There's no campaign. The only thing you can do is get in an arena and fight each other. And even then, I don't really know how to play this game. The controls and gameplay are not intuitive at all. We've tried playing it with 3 friends and none off us knew what to do in this game, these seems to be nothing in it. An empty game.
  10. May 7, 2012
    This game is crazy addictive!
    If you like solid, balanced online shooter fun then this game is for you. Don't be fooled by the cartoon graphics though; they hide a surprisingly tactical game. If you just rush in and expect to kill people in your first game, you're going to have a bad time. Once you've perfected your style though, this game turns into one of the most fun games on the PSN. I
    recommend it. Collapse
  11. May 19, 2012
    You will hate this game on your first play, like it on your second, and love it on your third. Once you learn a little about each of the characters and maps, it's incredibly addictive. There really isn't much a tutorial. You'll be thrown into it and blown up by your opponents more times than you'd like, but you will level and learn strategies the more you play and you'll have a blast building them with your teammates.

I'd pick this one up while it's popular since it's online only gameplay. There will be more character additions later so that'll keep people playing for an extended time.
  12. May 10, 2012
    This game is just great! I bought it for only 10 euro and already played around 40 matches, mostly splitscreen with 2 players online :)
    It's just really addictive to play this, no match looks the same and even when I lose a match, I just want to go on, resulting in me playing for hours, and that while this is the first MOBA I really play a lot.
    I'm sure most players that try it (there is a
    demo) will get completely hooked to it.

The game itself has 6 characters and 3 maps at the moment, and it has a level system where you can get to level 45 and unlock upgrades for your characters. It may sound as not much content, but the game is really well balanced. This results into me liking to play with 5 of the 6 characters (I personally just don't like the healer, Voltar) The maps don't look and feel like eachother either, and all feature different lanes with turrets and something special in the map. You got a map where you can release extra droids to protect you near your base by jumping on the release station, another map with a bigger jungle in the middle between the lanes with mini-bosses (my personal favorite, Ribbit IV) and a map with a worm that destroys anything above it, which can be triggered by jumping on a button. The maps look completely different too, so for now I didn't get boring with the maps.

Awesomenauts upgrade system works the following, before a game starts you choose which upgrades for your 4 abilities (2 special abilities, your auto attack and miscallenious) you want to have in the game. Per ability you can choose 3 kinds of upgrades. (you can choose between 6 per ability, in the beginning you don't have every upgrade unlocked) This means there are pretty much different combinations and tactics possible, which also keeps the characters fresh, since you can play differently with them.

The maps look nice, and the characters feel very creative and original. You got a dynamite throwing cowboy, a big robot, a monkey with a jetpack, a brain head floating healer, a chameleon and a hip hop frog. The music of Awesomenauts is also great, besides the normal music each character also got his own music. In a match, when you have a killing spree (3 kills without dying) you also hear your characters music, that gives a good feeling :)

Matches never feel the same, at least not for me because I use most of the characters. So far my matches usually have a duration around 20 minutes, the max I ever had was around 30 minutes and the min 15 minutes. Oh and it's even more fun when playing splitscreen, which works really well!

So anyway, you should really get this game, it's loads of fun and even though it may seem like there isn't a lot of content, the quality of the content is extremely high and I can't wait for the new character DLC that is coming! :)
  13. May 11, 2012
    Extremely addictive and fun as hell! 3v3 2d action ala DotA. 6 characters more coming very soon it looks. I cannot wait. This game is truly worth it, and if your PS+ member its free! Why not download and play the thing. Calling it now: Downloadable GotY.
  14. Feb 4, 2013
    My biggest complaint pertaining to this game is the lack of fluent oriented combat while playing. do you Use real skill and strategy rather then relying on luck? I don't think so. It feels more like I'm having a moon battle during a moon quake with more gravitational pull while trying to aim and skill shoot things. makes it impossible to rely on skill shots and strategy at times when your opponent is hopping and spring jumping all over the place. A Awesomenaut can jump great heights and to often My opinion. It's an exploit players abuse that ruins the moba gaming experience. Why rely on skill shots and real player skill when i can button smash, spam jump and shoot at random spots.
    Moba games are intended for utilizing the players ability to plan and articulate their opponents next move. That's not possible if your opponent can jump 10 feet and spring all over the place constantly. to sum it all. After playing Awesomenauts, all i seem to feel and accomplish are: button smashing, confusion, disorientation, and 80% luck factor. It's a Shame though, because this game seem to be headed in the right direction with its innovative approach. Furthermore, I think the game failed to meet the demands of all age groups. Awesomenauts seem to be more in favor of the younger crowd with it's cartoon 2d like graphics and 100% arcade feel. With that being said, I'll leave you developers to your work but if this game is intended for all ages. You developers got some work to do.
    What would be nice, is a stamina bar or a cool down addition for jumping. To balance out things, why not throw in a few more bots per spawn as well to encourage more lane pushing rather then just pvp fights. In between jumps should be a 3 sec cool down or a depletion of stamina. Not a lot of time spent in the lane because everyone got their moon boots on exploiting the jump ability. why not just remove the lanes and make it a Colosseum type pvp arena. What's the point of having lanes with bots?, if most of the fight is aerial or during free fall while in combat. Thank you all for taking the time to read this and sorry if i step on you all toes to hard, lol.
  15. Apr 6, 2014
    Awesomenauts is a great new take on the MOBA genre, and is the perfect game for genre newcomers. The simplistic gameplay and controls allow any sort of gamer to hop in, with absolutely no MOBA experience, and both do well and have fun. However, this is also it's biggest downfall; the game's strategy and gameplay is too simplistic for those who have played League of Legends or DOTA. In short, this game is for MOBA newbies, not experienced players.
    Pros: - Controls (The controls are extremely simple; you have 3 action buttons which are your standard attack, and 2 special attacks. You have a jump button, and a teleport command which sends you directly to your teams base. This makes the game easy to learn)
    - Gameplay (Because the game is simple, and the controls are basic, the gameplay flows naturally but quickly. Games usually take about 20 minutes to complete, but can be done in 5 if your team works together well. The objective of the game is simple; destroy the enemies turrets to get to their base, then destroy that, all while defending your own)
    - Characters (The characters in awesome are varied and suited to different playstyles, all while being well-balanced. Each character provides a whole new experience. I recommend Lonestar or Clunk for newcomers)
    - Level design (The levels are extremely well designed for a 2D MOBA game. They're small, but give enough space to plan attacks and defend. They make the game very hectic, but not in a bad way)
    - Music (The music, especially the characters theme songs, are very well designed, and are pleasant to listen to while you rack up killstreaks)
    - Pick up and Play (Due to the short length of rounds, this game is perfect for when you have 30 minutes before needing to do something. Don't worry, though, the game can played for hours at a time and not become boring)
    Cons: - Overly simplistic for MOBA veterans (Those who play LoL or DOTA will find this game to be too simple, and won't think of it as a completed game)
    Overall, the game is extremely well designed for a 2D take on the popular MOBA genre. The gameplay and controls are simple, allowing newbies to do well quickly. The level design is near perfect, blending both hectic and strategic moments. The characters are well designed and balanced, covering all playstyles. The music is fun, and is almost epic when you get your characters theme song after getting a killstreak of 3. However, as I've mentioned, the game is for MOBA newcomers, and no one else. I recommend playing this game until you're confident in your strategy for MOBA's, then move on to games such as LoL, DOTA 2, or SMITE.
  16. May 7, 2012
    This game is crazy addictive!
    recommend it. Collapse

1. Jul 19, 2012
    Even losing a game of Awesomenauts is still fantastic fun. [Aug 2012, p.80]
  2. Jun 6, 2012
    A colourful, humorous cross between 2D platformers and MOBA games. In single player mode it can get boring pretty fast but is addictive in multiplayer. [July 2012, p.72]
  3. May 14, 2012
    The simplistic combat paired with strategic gameplay offers a fantastic experience for those gamers who are either new to strategy games or just wish to play a quick game with a few of their friends. Even though frustrating at times, Awesomenauts is a great addition to the PSN's strategic game line-up - as long as you keep the moronic NPCs off your team.