8.7

1. Dec 30, 2011
    Best game ever, what more can I say? No other game makes you feel like the character as much as this does, it's simply amazing. Rocksteady pour so much love and attention into their games and you can really tell too!
  2. Nov 10, 2011
    A superb game, topped only by the mighty Uncharted 3. Arkham City expands and improves on the equally brilliant Arkham Asylum, adding new gadgets, fighting moves, and a whole new story that twists and turns through terrific action, emotion, and a frighteningly sadistic Joker (Mark Hammil). You'll love every minute of it. A must own for any gamer - and no, you don't have to be a Batman fanA superb game, topped only by the mighty Uncharted 3. Arkham City expands and improves on the equally brilliant Arkham Asylum, adding new gadgets, fighting moves, and a whole new story that twists and turns through terrific action, emotion, and a frighteningly sadistic Joker (Mark Hammil). You'll love every minute of it. A must own for any gamer - and no, you don't have to be a Batman fan to enjoy this masterpiece. Expand
  3. Nov 10, 2011
    If you love Batman, you're gonna love this game. If you don't love Batman, then you'll enjoy the game too, as it doesn't go over the head of a casual fan's head with the story. Simply put BUY THIS GAME!
  4. Nov 10, 2011
    Well what can I say, this game is a masterpiece. Having been playing it since release day, getting 100% completion, I'm still playing this game now trying to better my Challenge mode rankings. This combat is some of the most streamlined I have encountered, essentially boiling down to attacks and counters. To those who criticize it for only being '2 buttons' the combat is easy to pick upWell what can I say, this game is a masterpiece. Having been playing it since release day, getting 100% completion, I'm still playing this game now trying to better my Challenge mode rankings. This combat is some of the most streamlined I have encountered, essentially boiling down to attacks and counters. To those who criticize it for only being '2 buttons' the combat is easy to pick up but hard to master. There is a deceptive level of depth. Button mashing punch may work to an extent, but don't go expecting any combos planning the next attack and clever use of gadgets is the way to succeed.

Onto the storyline, which going into a sandbox game I was expecting to get something which felt tacked on. How wrong I was, while i was often sidetracked on way to mission objectives, I was always eager to find out what what going to happen next. Arkham City features over twice as many villains as Arkham Asylum but somehow none were forced and all were relevant to the proceedings.

Finally the graphics are stunning, with attention to detail rivalling that of a smaller scale game. The city is bursting with things to do. Its one of the most immersive environments which I have experienced, with only a handful of areas having (very short) loading waits. All in all it will take a very good game to beat this for game of year, only possibilities in my opinion are Zelda Skyward Sword and Skyrim. But either way this is a must-have title.
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    Wow, amazing game. Like the dark knight, its so amazing that I'm scared and hopeful that the inevitable sequel can live up to what this game has accomplished. Good time to be a Batman fan.
  6. Nov 10, 2011
    Bought this game at midnight and what a gem it is. The story is fantastic. It brings such a sense of urgency and suspense! I love it. The only downside is that its not that long. The game is gorgeous though. Graphics, Gameplay, Soundtrack, Voices. Everything is truly a gem.
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is definitely the game of there year! Everything is PERFECT!!!! Unless you wanna b!tch about a few things, however that is based on HOW YOU PLAY not the game itself. If you dont think like Batman you will fail. And thats the goal!

BUY ARKHAM CITY NOW!!!
  8. Oct 26, 2012
    Better than Asylum. Arkham city picks up after the events of Asylum and the plot is amazing. Just like Asylum this game is insanely fun to play. A lot of secrets in the free roaming city keep you interested. Fighting and detective mode are back and still are a lot of fun to use. Use of interesting gadgets only add to the fun in this game. This game is a must buy.
  9. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is everything you can expect an scroll beat em up in our time can be, and they've truly made it shine. However, the lack of multiplayer in both story and survival mode makes it a game quickly conquered and felt done with.
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    I love this game - the gameplay is great fun and the graphics are excellent too. I'm liking the sandbox style of gameplay too; overall, this game is deserving of a very high score.
  11. Nov 10, 2011
    Everything with this game is amazingly well made. The atmosphere, the villains.. Batman isn't just a game, it's an experience which will blow your socks off!
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    The first batman game for the ps3 was amazing and it was a surprise since there are not many great super hero games out there. Most super hero games turn out to be trash, but this sequel is great. So much has improved from better combat to flying in a city like batman did. The villians are amazing and the game is well put together.
  13. Nov 19, 2011
    One of the best Batman DC games ever on a console !.
    Great story line, great graphics, even in 3D its awesome.
    The riddles are much harder then in the other game of batman, not only need to be fast, but also kinda smart, its hard to get all of them unlocked, but its worth the try !
  14. Nov 11, 2011
    Kamarade so this is it is completly max max paradna ina haluska uz skvela vynikajuca vedljsie Ridlera hadanky from the Mission of the game super bomb zabavka for 2 months surprised me this very tesim and davam, 10 for the skvelu game.Vyrobcom is it really went well: D.
  15. Nov 11, 2011
    Finally a super hero sequel that is even better than the first game. Batman Arkham city is a blast to play. With all the new assortment of things, this game is worth every dime since you will never get bored. The characters of the villians are outstanding. Brings back memories of when I was a kid watching batman. Im glad this game turned out to be great since batman was my favorite superhero.
  16. Nov 12, 2011
    Absoluty amazing!!! Batman returns!!! This game is pure love, great graphics ( arkham asylum motor), music, villians and the city is great! If you like batman or no, this game is very good and fun to play like the dark knight. One of the most important game of this amazing year.
  17. Nov 12, 2011
    This game, it's amazing. The voice actors from my childhood, the amazing gameplay, the story telling, the combat, everything in this game is AMAZING. I could go on for so long about a SINGLE PLAYER GAME BEING SO AMAZING but I'll keep it short. Top quality voice acting, amazing in-game atmosphere, badass looking characters, fluid and entertaining combat(TAKE NOTES BETHESDA), gadgets,This game, it's amazing. The voice actors from my childhood, the amazing gameplay, the story telling, the combat, everything in this game is AMAZING. I could go on for so long about a SINGLE PLAYER GAME BEING SO AMAZING but I'll keep it short. Top quality voice acting, amazing in-game atmosphere, badass looking characters, fluid and entertaining combat(TAKE NOTES BETHESDA), gadgets, character leveling and customization. Play this game, buy it, the developers deserve the money and you deserve to play it Expand
  18. Nov 12, 2011
    Muy buen juego, un sandbox con una gran historia y una amplia variedad de movimientos. Lo único que podría criticar es que se parece un poco a assasins creed y que la ciudad podría ser mas grande, pero por lo demás me ha encantado.
  19. Nov 14, 2011
    Batman is a solid game lets just clear that out of the way before we get started. when i first got into the game i noticed the nice detail to everything including a impressive storyline,The main story is about 6-8 hours with an amazing twist at the end.Also there is Alot of side missions so be prepared to explore a little.once i beat the game and traveled around arkham city i realised thatBatman is a solid game lets just clear that out of the way before we get started. when i first got into the game i noticed the nice detail to everything including a impressive storyline,The main story is about 6-8 hours with an amazing twist at the end.Also there is Alot of side missions so be prepared to explore a little.once i beat the game and traveled around arkham city i realised that i feel very hollow without anything really important to do ill i could really do was just fly around beating up baddies I felt like i done everything i had to do,So i walk away from this game feeling good and bad about it yes it is fun but it couldn't hold my interest, im gonna give this game a 8/10 yes its a great game i just feel like there could be more.so if you liked arkham city then i suggest get this game Expand
  20. Nov 14, 2011
    The game is really an indication of how far we've come in terms of comic book games, it's one of the most dense and enjoyable games I have played in a long time. The only game where i actively played out the side missions with glee, each side mission is thoughtfully planned out and extremely fun to play. I did feel the post final boss fight was rushed though, some cut scenes even teasingThe game is really an indication of how far we've come in terms of comic book games, it's one of the most dense and enjoyable games I have played in a long time. The only game where i actively played out the side missions with glee, each side mission is thoughtfully planned out and extremely fun to play. I did feel the post final boss fight was rushed though, some cut scenes even teasing batman looking into the things that hint at the next game would have been nice! But it's still a brilliant game! Expand
  21. Nov 15, 2011
    If you love Batman, you will love this game! It is the model of which all future comic based games should be modeled after! The main story as well as the side quests and riddles will keep you immersed in Gotham City for several hours; the game does not disappoint!
  22. Nov 16, 2011
    I love this game so faar..
    Many changes on this game since before..
    So the batman can go arround the city and do side missions.. Like helping people from thugs and did riddler mystery.. And the part im love from this game.. The other character like catwoman and robin appears on this game.. But unfortunately we can control and play with this character directly It must download from psn
    I love this game so faar..
    Many changes on this game since before..

So the batman can go arround the city and do side missions..
    Like helping people from thugs and did riddler mystery..

And the part im love from this game..
    The other character like catwoman and robin appears on this game..
    But unfortunately we can control and play with this character directly It must download from psn store as dlc..
    And the minus from this game..

We dont give a chance to try batride like batmobile, bathoat and etc..

But the overal this game will being nominator game of the year this month.
    So i give score 9.

And good job rocksteady.
    I hope the other game heroes can be like this game sometime
  23. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is great. I'm not sure if it outshines Arkham Asylum as a whole, but it definitely improves on a lot of things. The combat is so much fun. After fighting in this game, fighting in Arkham Asylum seems boring. They definitely packed in a lot of stuff to do, from the hundreds of Riddler challenges to the cool side missions, there is so much to do in Arkham City. A minor complaint IThis game is great. I'm not sure if it outshines Arkham Asylum as a whole, but it definitely improves on a lot of things. The combat is so much fun. After fighting in this game, fighting in Arkham Asylum seems boring. They definitely packed in a lot of stuff to do, from the hundreds of Riddler challenges to the cool side missions, there is so much to do in Arkham City. A minor complaint I have has to do with the visual Riddler puzzles. They were my favourite part of Arkham Asylum and I had so much fun searching for every last one, but in this game, they are not as fun to look for and when you find them, they are usually not as cool and unique as they are in the first game. But this is just a small flaw. The rest of the game is amazing and the story and characters are great too. The challenge mode is alot of fun too. It's just so much fun to be Batman and kick ass! Expand
  24. Nov 18, 2011
    This is a great game and obviously both the best superhero game to date and the best Batman game to date. The story is movie-calibur with its epicness, and although there are far too many villains for a real movie, the sheer number of them make you feel like you actually are Batman and smack-dab in Batman's world. The gameplay is great with the fighting system, flight, and stealth tactics.This is a great game and obviously both the best superhero game to date and the best Batman game to date. The story is movie-calibur with its epicness, and although there are far too many villains for a real movie, the sheer number of them make you feel like you actually are Batman and smack-dab in Batman's world. The gameplay is great with the fighting system, flight, and stealth tactics. The open world is not the largest sandbox a video game has created, but there definitely is just as much to do in this game as there is in, say, San Andreas. I'm a particular fan of the unlock able concept art, something i previously ignored in past games but the quality of it in this game is astounding. This game is very re-playable with all the extra and unlock able content, as well as with the normal and in-game side quests. Keep it up, Rocksteady, this one is definitely worth your $63 bucks! Expand
  25. Nov 19, 2011
    tres bonne suite beaucoup d'evolution par rapport au 1er, ville ouverte trop classe, fluidoté des combat au top, l'histoire est genial je ne met pas la note max a cause des defi campagne qui sont plutot enervante
  26. Nov 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is the best super hero game period and this is coming from a marvel fan how ever it's not the best game ever.
    The combat: the best part of the game by far, it makes you feel like a totel BAD*** plus ten.
    The story: It was great the end will shock you i mean i was shocked they went there. my only complaint is that (minor spoiler) when robin showed up for like 5 secounds he never comes back. Catwomen: At first I thought they included her just for us men (not that i'm complaining lol) but she really is a tough character but without playing as her it dose feel sexist but one you do you forget about that.
    Graphics: Most of the time the graphics are fantastic but textures tend to blur when you some in.
    The ridler: i got nothing to say really the riddler challenges mix up the gameplay enough.
    The verdict: All in All you cant go wrony with this purches pu it's not perfict.
  27. Nov 20, 2011
    This franchise has some of the best storytelling and voice work around today. The combat is smooth, and fun with some "holy crap, did you see that?!" moments while you counter the slew of thugs surrounding you. The open world is vast, and fun to explore, especially with the hundreds of Riddler challenges dotting the map. I give it a 9, and not a ten because after having played it and itsThis franchise has some of the best storytelling and voice work around today. The combat is smooth, and fun with some "holy crap, did you see that?!" moments while you counter the slew of thugs surrounding you. The open world is vast, and fun to explore, especially with the hundreds of Riddler challenges dotting the map. I give it a 9, and not a ten because after having played it and its predecessor, I think that I liked the eeriness and creepiness of Arkham Asylum that isn't captured quite as well here. But when it comes right down to it, it's really hard to beat walking around as Batman, and frankly, feeling like a total bad-ass as you toy with the inmates. Expand
  28. Dec 5, 2011
    An excellent sequel to Arkham Asylum. All the fun from the first game is still here, with more objectives and a longer campaign. The inclusion of Catwoman was a nice touch, and adding Robin and Nightwing as DLC was great. The free roaming environment was nice, but a lot of travelling between objectives. Overall, a great game worth the money.
  29. Nov 20, 2011
    my game of the year. that's all...(im just writing a little bit more as i have to use at least 150 characters... nearly done...errrr...catwoman long halloween FTW!)
  30. Nov 20, 2011
    One of most anticipated games of 2011 delivers in every way possible and more. This game is bigger, better and more epic. This game makes you feel like batman, everything a vidoe game can excel at, batman does right, the story is great. The visual look awesome, and the fun combat is back. One of the best this year, now go buy it.

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Dec 29, 2011
    Arkham City is the best reflection of the Batman-comic books ever. Not because of the sheer amount of famous enemies that challenge our hero, but thanks to the amazing atmosphere that oozes from every pore of this remarkable action game. [Nov 2011, p.70]
  2. Nov 29, 2011
    All in all, outside of a few minor issues, I couldn't ask for a better Batman experience. If Arkham City was a graphic novel, it would be considered a classic.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Nov 18, 2011
    Arkham City should be celebrated as a shining achievement for the action-adventure genre for its masterful execution. [Holiday 2011, p.70]