7.4

1. Dec 14, 2011
    It's an amazingly well execution at reviving these classic maps that are rather legendary for the series, with very entertaining new weapons and vehicles to wreak havoc with. Assignments makes unlocking the new weapons a fun and entertaining task that brings new and interesting challenges to the table. The content was far better and more unique than I could have ever expected, and you areIt's an amazingly well execution at reviving these classic maps that are rather legendary for the series, with very entertaining new weapons and vehicles to wreak havoc with. Assignments makes unlocking the new weapons a fun and entertaining task that brings new and interesting challenges to the table. The content was far better and more unique than I could have ever expected, and you are free to walk back to the original BF3 and show off your new toys and tags from Back to Karkand. Expand
  2. Dec 20, 2011
    The first dlc expansion for Battlefield 3 is quite good and is well worth the $14.99 price tag even though most people didn't have to buy it. The four maps in Back to Karkand are all well made and feel quite different to the maps that were on the disc. The major selling point is that DICE added new weapons to the game to which I have yet to see done by any other developer so far. One moreThe first dlc expansion for Battlefield 3 is quite good and is well worth the $14.99 price tag even though most people didn't have to buy it. The four maps in Back to Karkand are all well made and feel quite different to the maps that were on the disc. The major selling point is that DICE added new weapons to the game to which I have yet to see done by any other developer so far. One more thing to mention is that the Battlefield servers do not tell you whether they are all the maps or just the expansion maps that are playable. I do admit though that the new weapons feel a tad bit overpowered. I would to have liked seeing Wake Island be land vehicle free since the map is rather small, but it is a minor gripe that doesn't affect the value of the map in my eyes. If you are reading this you probably already have the expansion so go play it. Expand
  3. Dec 14, 2011
    All of the maps are incredible , and because its free its an a outstanding DLC that needs to be downloaded in the moment you pop the BF3 disc in your console . Not only is awesome, its probably the best DLC in the shooter genre to date .
  4. Dec 30, 2011
    First DLC for Bf3 was amazing overall. They improved more destruction and more realism. I got this for free because i have the limited edition. If you don't have the limited edition, this is worth buying.
  5. Dec 6, 2011
    Great way to bring back Karkand. It reminds me of Battlefield 2 but HD. i really enjoy this map pack. Worth buying if you don't have the limited edition
  6. Dec 10, 2011
    This is a really good expansion to the Battlefield 3 muliplayer. A bunch of new weapons, new old maps, as well as a couple vehicles. This map pack is a must buy if you didnt get it free with the limited edition. These versions are much better than the ones found in BF2, with frostbite 2.0 destruction.
  7. Oct 21, 2012
    As a person who never played the maps in Battlefield 2, I can say they are great. They offer a new experience, while still feel like they belong in Battlefield 3!
  8. Mar 27, 2012
    Untill you bring us back the previous way to play the game is COMPLETELY useless!!! Guys don't let you be blackmailed by the game dev. Simply because the wake-up one day and thought:"Oh, lets make some more money, from the gamers!!!" Great game, ruined by its creators!!! TRAGIC!!!
  9. Dec 9, 2011
    The new maps are great. The tall building on some of them make the game more interesting with place to hide from enemies. The assignments and new weapons are great additions to the progression of the game. My only beef is the F-35 seems overpowered. Its too easy to win a dog fight against the russian jets with the ability to hover, but its still lots of fun!
  10. Jan 28, 2012
    Back to Karkand was kind of a disappointment. I played Battlefield 2 and i was really hoping for something more like new HD textures on the maps but instead the maps were butchered on console leaving but a small fraction of the original maps. The new weapons that you can get from owning Back to Karkand are overpowered to say the least. The F-35 is nice unless you have to go up againstBack to Karkand was kind of a disappointment. I played Battlefield 2 and i was really hoping for something more like new HD textures on the maps but instead the maps were butchered on console leaving but a small fraction of the original maps. The new weapons that you can get from owning Back to Karkand are overpowered to say the least. The F-35 is nice unless you have to go up against other jets. With the ability of hovering i guess DICE had to take away from some maneuverability to make it even. Expand
  11. Mar 28, 2012
    You guys have totally burned this game with your new update. I will not be playing this game ever again, nor will I purchase any other game, unless this is rectified.
  12. May 1, 2012
    This game SUCKS! Don't waste your money! The game is full of cheaters and glitches! The makers basically admitted as much in the last update but somehow they made it even worse!
  13. Gaz
    Apr 16, 2013
    When it comes to Battlefield 3, there's a TON of downloadable content. So people who are strapped for cash are probably picking and choosing very carefully. I'm happy to say, if you have no DLC for BF3, then this is a great start. Back to Karkand features an updated 4 classic maps from Battlefield 2, as well as 10 assignments. Think of these as the challenges in Call of Duty. When youWhen it comes to Battlefield 3, there's a TON of downloadable content. So people who are strapped for cash are probably picking and choosing very carefully. I'm happy to say, if you have no DLC for BF3, then this is a great start. Back to Karkand features an updated 4 classic maps from Battlefield 2, as well as 10 assignments. Think of these as the challenges in Call of Duty. When you complete them (some of which are harder than others), you'll unlock a brand new weapon to toy around with. The maps themselves are great and all are memorable in their own way. There's Strike at Karkand, which is set in a desert city, Gulf of Oman, which is basically a huge fight over beachfront property (not to mention my favorite), Sharkii Peninsula, a very fun Rush map, and the classic Wake Island. There's also a new mode called Conquest-Assault. In this game mode, an attacking team has a home base while the defending team controls a set of 5 flags and can only spawn at those flags and on their squad. So right off the bat, the attacking team is losing and must push into enemy territory to gain the upper hand. However, in my experience, the defending team almost always has an advantage since objectives are usually taken one at a time and it's not too hard to drive the attacking team back. But, I hardly spend any time on this mode, and honestly, it's a minor addition at best. The real stars of the show are the excellent HD-remade maps and the unlockable weapons challenges, which not only gave me new toys to play with, but gave me an excuse to keep playing. If you have Battlefield 3, you owe it to yourself to pick up this excellent expansion. Expand
  14. Dec 30, 2011
    These maps are really incredible. The best map I loved is Wake Island. The rest were pretty good. Guns are well balanced and I have nothing bad to say about this DLC. This add-on is overall superb.
  15. Mar 24, 2012
    I never played BATTLEFIELD 2.But I had played the maps and believe me they're amazing.It's a great way of making a game that can't be made better,better.It's worth the money the new guns are A1 and the maps,colours and dog tags are awesome.A must buy add on before the new Close Quarters add on pack comes out and get it NOW!!!
  16. Feb 5, 2012
    First DLC for Battlefield 3 and it is really good.The old battlefield maps in HD are really good and the new weapons are not bad as well.The amazing BF3 graphics make this DLC special and definitely worth a buy.
    Vehicle warfare is fantastic in all of the new maps since they are pretty large for 24 players.
    Great DLC.
  17. Feb 7, 2012
    well-made but the new maps are all very vehicle-heavy so it depends if that's your thing or not. but i guess if you are playing B3 the odds are if you are anything like me ANY new maps will be your thing!
  18. Feb 14, 2012
    Pretty good expansion. I was hoping for larger verisons of these maps like BF2. But playing on console, they have to make things a bit smaller. The addition of new vehicles and weapons is awesome. Hopefully the next DLC has a similar amount of content. Good job Dice
  19. Feb 23, 2012
    i really enjoy this game and maps piece out

1. Jan 17, 2012
    DICE have another winner on their hands with this DLC and if you're looking to spice up your Battlefield 3 experience and need something different, than Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand is a fast and affordable way to get your fix.
  2. Jan 8, 2012
    Back to Karkand is a good expansion on the existing foundation of Battlefield 3's multiplayer. In its essence, it doesn't do anything new, but why change something that's already pretty damn good?
    There are good reasons to revisit Karkand, not only for the wonders made by Frostbite 2, but mainly because it offers a different experience the maps of Battlefield 3.