5.9

1. Jun 23, 2012
    I gotta say that CQ feel isn't the pure Battlefield style and moves a little to the edge of a CoD formula. But it does surprisingly good to maintain a better height and gets a nice tone that is fun. Even though , getting shot without rest is very annoying .
  2. Oct 21, 2012
    Close Quarters may not be true to the Battlefield map style, but certainly feel like they are supposed to be in this game world. Although a little dissapionting as a DLC, they are fun. For the most part. Be prepared to die alot and kill alot.
  3. Jun 18, 2012
    Great add on, not as good as the usual Battlefield formula but it works very well. The maps are all brilliant and gameplay is fast, I just wish they sectioned off the original BF3 maps to work with CQDOM, so we get more Close Quarters maps. The guns are brilliant too. Highly recommend getting this.
  4. Jun 19, 2012
    Make no mistake.. there in no better online shooter than Battlefield... with more than 450 hours on BF 3, running around like headless chickens is what Close Quaters feels like to me... it has a COD feel to it... to me Battlefield is about Epic Maps... I cant wait for the next expansion pack, where I feel is where Battlefield belongs
  5. Jun 16, 2012
    Surprisingly good, wasn't expecting the four maps to be as much fun as they are. Unfortunately though it completely negates what makes Battlefield great and that is large scale warfare, however the maps are pretty ferocious and well thought out with a certain flow about them that encourages players to move around rather than stay still. Although it is a quality map pack the price is pretty steep, so whether or not you get it is going to be determined by your wallet and love of battlefield. Expand
  6. Aug 4, 2012
    Great BF3 expansion pack with a lot of action. New game modes and weapons are great addition.. Comparing this BF expansion to Call Of Duty is misguided in my opinion. I am big fan of both franchises and in my opinion this BF expansion is not COD wannabe. Only similarity if there must be one is that there are no vehicles and all fights are more intense and take place in small spaces. Having said that Battlefield feels more realistic, does not have perks etc. Battlefield feels like true warfare. Movements take more time to happen, weapons are not as precise. I love destruction HD in this expansion. Great buy for $15. Get it ! Expand
  7. Jun 19, 2012
    Yeah the maps are good. For me though the inclusion of another 10 assignments is what will keep me playing. They force you to play out of your comfort zone & experiment with other setups. To some extent it's like playing a different game.
    "Get a kill with the E.O.D. bot"..... Good luck, took me ages.
  8. Jan 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** BF3 Is for **** Expand

1. The increased frequency of kills, assists, neutrals and captures certainly act like metabolic steroids for your rank, feeding you XP like it's going out of fashion, and for some players that'll be enough to warrant Close Quarters' existence.
  2. In the second map pack of Battlefield 3, DICE clearly takes a cue from Call of Duty's signature gameplay by dumping the more open, sprawling battlefields the franchise is known for in favour of smaller, more intimate maps. [July 2012, p.93]
  3. Jun 28, 2012
    Close Quarters is an extremely well-made expansion that contains a lot of entertaining battles, and the new maps have lots of great qualities. But it's hard to shake the feeling that DICE has been looking a little too much at Call of Duty.