5.7

1. Oct 29, 2013
    This game was obviously nothing but a money grab for dice/ea. Very few progressive concepts were introduced, and plenty head scratching changes were made...

Gunplay has been dumbed down since BF3. Less bullets til death, hit detection is bad, kill cam is bad and a ripoff of COD, all weapons do the same amount of damage, the guns don't have the "real" feeling that they had in BF3, mags
    get dropped when reloading. Absolutely pathetic changes across the board.

Maps are too big for 24 players and terrible for infantry type players. Campfest and not my idea of fun.

Character movement is so slow! Another horrendous and inexcusable change from BF3.

The controls have been turned upside down! Please fire the person/persons who thought this was a good idea as they certainly need a new line of work.

levolution cool, I guess, but it doesn't add anything useful to the MP experience. I guess dice thought this would make up for the core gameplay failures?

My copy is being returned and I feel like dice may have killed the battlefield series with this atrocious attempt. Like I said earlier, this game looks like it was nothing but a cash grab for dice...well, you aren't getting my money! The lead developer for BF3 wasn't part of this game which may have led to this outcome, IDK. It really sucks because I enjoyed BF3 so much and was looking forward to this game, but they turned it upside down and made a complete mess out of it. This sort of gameplay simply isn't for me.

I'll be playing BF3 until I find my next shooter
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    *sigh* I can't believe this. After the disappointment of BF3, I was hoping for DICE to redeem themselves with this next entry. I was mistaken.
    First off, the SP is a joke. Every mission is completely cliche, and downright boring. The ally A.I. is a mixed bag. They'll shoot and kill the enemy, yes, but they won't start shooting until AFTER YOU COMMAND THEM TO DO SO! The promise of
    "Tactical gameplay" in this game is none existent for some reason. You know what, I'll leave at the fact that the SP in BF4 is garbage.
    Second, the graphics... yes it looks good, but I swear every time I look at this game, I believe I'm playing an expansion to BF3. The texture pop-ins and weird graphical glitches really annoy me.
    Third, the multiplayer. I had zero percent fun in this game's MP. since this is the current gen version, its only 24-players online. It'll get boring very fast. Levelution doesn't help the experience for me either.
    ....
    You know what? I've had it. I'm done!
    I'm sick of the BS EA has been pulling this generation! EA has completely ruined the Battlefield I know and love! Battlefield is no longer the franchise I remember anymore.
    This game is just a pathetic attempt to take down Call of Duty!
    Why should I continue to support a franchise I like when its own publisher is only making it to take down another game I like?
    I am officially done with Battlefield and I'm not returning until then!
    EA, go f**k yourself!
  3. Oct 31, 2013
    The campaign is dirge. If you like single player stay the hell away. It's bad when CoD is beating you in campaign!! I'm not a fan of BF multiplayer so this game was a shocking disappointment after all the hollow promises. BF3 had a BETTER campaign. Re. multiplayer, Dice shouldn't ship for current consoles, it's a cash grab. They just can't support the game so it's patently dishonest.
  4. Oct 31, 2013
    Ok I dont normally write reviews, but this game has pissed me off so much that I made an account on here to help spread the word. The best thing about this game is the multiplayer. Not that fact that its amazing, but the fact that everything else about the game seems rushed. I started off playing the campaign to get a feel of the game first, and yes ive played all the battlefield games so i am not new at these types of games. The first level I found some WTF moments with the checkpoints. There was a point where you have to run down a hill and fall down a wall. The game did a checkpoint when i was at the bottom of the wall. Well i was faced with a convoy of enemies up ahead. Well I needed ammo. Go to the weapons cache you say. Well I would except it was at the top of the non-climbable wall!!!! Next option was to revert back to last checkpoint. Guess where it was...at the bottom of the wall. Only option was to restart that level all the way over and watch all the cut scenes, which cannot be skipped. I got to the same area and found the cache which was hidden in some other crates, easily missed. Another thing I noticed right off the bat was...wtf is up with these PS2 looking graphics? The game looks like total garbage. The textures look horrible from about 15 ft and away. EA definitely took a whole leap backwards from BF3 in the graphics department.

Alright, on to Multiplayer. EA also took a huge leap back with this as well. It is nearly impossible to group up with friends!!!! They took away the option to group up with friends in the lobby and then join a game. Your only option is to pray you get in a game and there is enough room for your friend, which im sure with in a few more months there will be plenty of space if EA keeps this up. I even tried going to server selection and the filter settings. I marked 1-15 slots open. The servers refresh and all get displayed is 24/24 on every server. I have tried since launch to play with friends and ive only gotten to play with one once. The rest of my friends are off doing their own stuff. Finally, My last statement before I submit this. The one time i did finally get in a game with my friend the game completely froze 5 times with in 15 min, this also happened in campaign mode several times.

The few things i like that they improved on was the character customization screen. A big upgrade from BF3. I guess that is really the only thing I like about this game... So, to let you know how good this game is... Since BF4 released, I've mainly been playing BF3...just to give you an idea of how bad it is.
  5. Oct 31, 2013
    I am a fool for downloading this for the PS3. The graphics are the first thing you will notice, then that the controls have been mangled.

The graphics are dumbed down to near PS2 levels, or so it seems. Its an insult to what the PS3 is capable of. Just a ploy to get you to buy that shiny new PS4 and upgrade your copy!
  6. crs
    Nov 2, 2013
    First of all let me say I love BF3 and have no COD vs BF beef to make. BF4 is a great example of how to make a game for multiple platforms some of which arent even out yet. Just concentrate on making the version for PS4/Xbox One great whilst releasing a sub standard version for PS3 which looks and plays worse than the previous release (BF3) Take out lots of the great features like customizable load-out and knife kills (I may have been thick on this but I couldn't work it out) and add in bugs such as freezing/locking environments that just suddenly dissapear and other great features designed to ruin game play for the end user.

Make the graphics look like they were designed to work on a PS1/PS2 even though your earlier release had great graphics. I know graphics aren't everything but when they are so bad you cant see what you are doing which kind of helps in a online shooter.

Make it impossible to join games from the lobby and then when people finally join games kick them out endlessly.

If you want to be really mean to consumers why not hold a beta prior to launch and ignore all the comments about what needs fixing and add new problems.

Dont forget to kill the servers for the earlier versions so people cant even go back to BF3 which works.

Make sure you pay certain sites to give great reviews and lie about how bad the game really is.

BF4 is a great exercise in how not to make a good title but as a multiplayer example its just a great example of how to epically fail.
  7. Oct 29, 2013
    Lame of the year.
    Too bad, nothing new, only a BF3 refresh.
    Good lazy Job from dice/ea.

Go the same way as call of duty and die
    RIP Battlefield series
  8. Oct 31, 2013
    This game is utter crap. I am so glad I cancelled my pre order and played on my friends PC.

The campaign is nonexistent as far as I am concerned, as it is utter horse (you know what), and the multiplayer is clunky, with a decisively overly complicated customization menu. It takes five minuets just to put your loadout together. Servers are slow, the game is just crap.
  9. Nov 3, 2013
    Bad Company 2 was a good console title. Battlefield 3 didn't quite do it, and now Battlefield 4 does it even worse. Instead of saying a proper goodbye to current gen they just screwed every console player over. It's a suprise to me that not everyone is aware of this. This game looks pathetic.

They're asking full price for a game that wasn't designed to work optimally with a current-gen
    console, It's just a cheap port. If you're going with a cheap port you're not going to ask for full price. They should have taken the time to re-design the game for console. Expand
  10. Nov 1, 2013
    I just created this account, as I am utterly disappointed in this game.

I am playing campaign mode for 2 hours now, and the friggin game has locked my ps3 up 4 times now.

I first played this without the update, and got about an hour into it, when the machine froze. I lost my save game over that. next, I patched it, and it doesn't last 30 minutes before the thing freezes up again. I
    had it freeze on me while I was in a menu.

Gameplay is horrid in this one, compared to others. I cannot get used to the weapons at all, it seems as if they all are very weak weapons, it takes a lot of hits to get the enemy down (When you know you hit him in the head 3-4 times, and he's still shooting, it just pisses you off).

This is a very boring game so far, and I am unhappy I spent good money on it.

I'm not going to bother playing until I see another update, just too frustrated with it right now.
  11. Nov 5, 2013
    Piece of crap, same old nerdy game. Can't say it worth at least the try. They always talks crap about other games but this one doesn't make a big difference.
  12. Nov 2, 2013
    BF4 lost everything individual it had before...Single is BUGGED, MP is BUGGED.
    Graphic on PS3 is specially made awful! Looks like console version was made by left leg.
    I've never thought that DICE would SPECIALLY DOWNGRADE graphics that doesn't look like "thank you fans for buying BF3".
  13. Oct 30, 2013
    EA dumped RUSH mode(which is the best tactical mode ever) with bf4 for conquest.conquest mode is the most stupid mode ever created;players just wondering around,waiting for planes to pop-up.besides graphics on consoles look bad.Mohw looks much better and received bad reviews.Well it is more tactical when playing combat-mission.So damn u EA for dumping MOH for stupid large scale arenas with no soul.Anyway;LONG LIVE KILLZONE series. Expand
  14. Nov 4, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is a great game, even on playstation 3 but it haves a huge perfomance problems game haves lots of bugs, stupid glitches, frame rate and controls issues, again players pays for beta tests bf4

ps: did i mention in multiplayer game dead freeze every 20-30 minutes?
  15. Nov 9, 2013
    A short and stupid single player campaign saved by Michael K. Williams and a multiplayer game which in it's current state is so miserably unenjoyable that you'll be screaming in frustration.

My opinion is wait and see if it gets any better if it doesn't then it's one to avoid.
  16. Oct 30, 2013
    I personally never like snap judgements. Wanted to give this game some time, so I did, which only made the rating go down. While I loved playing the game on launch day, day 2 was a completely different story, actually it is a non-story. The non-story part is that my system freezes when attempting to join a multiplayer game, which it didn't the first day. I'm not big into the campaign due to issues playing Battlefield 3's campaign. All told the first day it was a 10 out of 10, however 36 hours after first playing my rating has dropped just like my playing time. Expand
  17. Nov 9, 2013
    A rehash of BF3 would have been better. The graphics on BF4 are worse, the maps lack the dynamic that made BF3 fun. They restricted the maps down to just around the objectives but have a bunch of rooftops to perch on, not really a plus in my opinion. The ground lacks in depth ground features leaving you out in the open to be quickly sniped and the flight areas are too small to make a jet worth flying. they added 40x and 20x scopes for the sniper rifles as well as a way to zero them in up to 1000 meters, but most maps aren't near big enough to make that viable. There may be a spot or two in every map to get a shot that long, if you want to just sit in the back of the map. it's supposed to be a squad based game but the dynamics of it really doesn't lend well to working as a squad, most of the time you have to split up and head different directions anyway just to cover all the areas, and the recon class with the IRNV goggles and 20x scopes is so over powered on these wide open maps that the only way to combat getting sniped constantly is with a sniper. they added a Designated Marksman Rifle class, which is an idea i love, but they totally botched it by not having any scopes higher than 4x to put on any of the rifles. They did away with team chat so you can't communicate with anyone outside your squad, so often you get stuck in a helicopter or a tank with somebody that you can't talk to. There's a lot of things that made BF3 a good game that they managed to completely fail on in this game, for example smoke grenades in BF3 actually provided smoke thick enough that you could use it to cover movement and actually push up on your enemy, the smoke grenades in BF4 are completely worthless, you can see straight through the tiny amount of smoke the entire time. As far as i'm concerned most of the Levolution stuff doesn't really add to the game play (or make up for what's lacking in it), it may be a neat treat for the easily amused, but in my opinion it's more of a silly distraction from what the true battlefield fans look for and enjoy in the game. I know most of the true Battlefield players that i've talked to have all said that adding more maps and more items to BF3 would have been preferable to this disappointment.
    And i haven't even gotten the absolutely terrible technical performance of the game itself. It's absurd that they sold this as published title, the game has so many bugs and issues i'd say it's barely fit for play testing. I played it for a week with just the occasional 3 or 4 console freezes a day, but as of this morning, i can no longer play support class. my console freezes every single time i attempt to deploy as a Support gunner. I wouldn't bother continuing to play BF4 for a couple years like i did with BF3 without the premium package and the extra maps and whatever else comes with it, but as it stands now, i can't see myself paying anything more for this game. Maybe if they fixed all the bugs, made the items work effectively, and took the inferred off the Laser Designator, i may continue to play. Custom servers would be a huge improvement as well. EA has once again robbed me, not only of my money, but of a game i WAS looking forward to the release of.
  18. Nov 9, 2013
    Comparing to Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4 looks like a joke. It has a cliché low quality arcade feeling. With BF4 there is no more that real life war simulation feeling it had before.

Congrats DICE! for ruining the game! It's the first time I really feel bad having paid for a game I used to love playing.
  19. Nov 6, 2013
    I'm 35 year adult and looks like this was my last BF. COD serie was fun until black ops. Battlefield 3 was almost perfect but BF 4 is just too much. I bought game from PS store and I payed 70€ for the game. I cannot sell or even give the game to someone else.

This game is ripoff! you just run to the action and then you try to kill some sniper who is standing front of you with ak, you
    shoot 10-20 rounds (I'm bad shooter but I cannot miss from that range) then sniper turns and drop me with one shot! and dont say this is realistic, I have never missed in real life from that range!

There should be dedicated servers for "adults"..

(Hard core MW2 games with adults was really fun.. Every Friday night when kids and wife are sleeping I try to find hc game but there is no others anymore..
  20. Nov 8, 2013
    I wish i could give halfs for this game because then my rating would be 1.5/10.

This game was a huge dissapointment to me, the maps are horrid, the controls are over responsive as your aim flies all over the place when you ADS.

Assult kit seems to be the only kit worth using as the gun they give you at the start is a freking lazer gun, even though it seems like you will take ages to
    kill someone, even though 8/10 times you drop in 2 bullets sometimes less ).

The spawns are horrid even in a game mode like rush where you would think it would take no effort to spawn you away from your enimies, if you think that then youre WRONG.

And as for the maps, these maps are the worst pile of dog splooge ive ever come across, this one map wich i already forgot the name of is so bad i had to give it a -5/10, you spawn as attackers in a big open field, and as for the defender they get some of the best clipping spots in shooter game history, as you just as an attacker are destined to die over and over untill you run out of tickets.

So all in all this is probably one of the worst shooters ive played within the last 3 years MW 3 being the other one.
  21. Nov 8, 2013
    Talking as a single player gamer...
    Terrible campaign. The history is dumb and has zero emotion, you just don't care about any of the characters, not even yours...
    A lot, and I really mean A LOT of graphic glitches.
    The A.I. for your squad members is a completely ineffective and plain stupid. Vehiche controls are a huge mess.
    Wasn't expecting much, but still disappointed with this game.
  22. Nov 13, 2013
    Complete cow's arse. Riddled with bugs and since the ps3's version is probably unpatchable it looks so aweful compared to the PC version and seems to have the same performance issues, we get treatment in any shape of form.
  23. Nov 17, 2013
    People will talk about how Call of Duty is the same thing every year but when I play this all I see is Battlefield 3. The game play is the exact same thing as Battlefield 3. Completely unsatisfying! And on top of that there is mass of glitches in bugs the EA just slaps you in the face with! But that is just the multiplayer. The campaign is slow and boring and I get no emotional connections with the character like I would in other games. Expand
  24. Nov 16, 2013
    Page right out of COD, congrats EA your Activision's brother..
    Game hasn't had as much of an experience since bad company 2. They're comfortable in rehashing last years crap slapping a new number on the end and calling it visceral. I own it and I play it, doesn't mean it's at all the best game graphics or experience wise. The campaign is flat again and the multiplayer experience lacks innovation.
  25. Dec 3, 2013
    Originally, I over-looked the low scores of this game and assumed they had to have been posted by COD fans and people who are not fans of the series, as there is a war out there amongst such titles. As a fan of the Battlefield series, I urge you to take these low scores seriously. This game should have never been shipped and sold at the price it is in its current broken condition. The game MIGHT be good, somewhere, but we cannot be sure as IT DOES NOT WORK. Single-player does not save, multiplayer has boat loads of stability issues and the changes they made to the series do it nothing but harm. Hyped up, rushed out GARBAGE. Expand
  26. Nov 19, 2013
    Utter garbage. save your money unless you like lagalution, terrible hit detection and server crashes. BF3 is in a different league. they even ruined jets.
  27. Jan 1, 2014
    As a new comer to battlefield I am shocked. To release a game with so many issues that affect the core of the gaming experience is entirely disrespectful to the gaming community. I've been playing it for a few weeks now, two months after the initial launch, and I've had my campaign progress wiped 4 times, and had every multiplayer weapon relocked and become unattainable. Yes I can plug the game in and play it as if it were the first time but I cannot make ANY progress.

There are aspects of the game I appreciate but nothing can make up for the utter failure of the game to function and allow a player to actually play THROUGH the game rather than simply be reset every single day. Any company with such a lack of respect for their audience does not deserve the respect of those who play their product.
  28. Jan 19, 2014
    I made an account for the sole purpose of telling you NOT to buy this game. I don't know that these "10 rating" people are playing but its not BF4. Fair play like we all want and expect is nonexistant. Exploits are numerous. Expect to be killed before you ever see the enemy come around the corner due to lag from the game that is 1/2 to 3/4 a second at times. Unloading into an enemy at point blank range with an LMG is useless. One hit kills are 95% of the time what happens. Bugs and glitches everywhere. Dice/EA is just sitting back laughing at customers BUT not their shareholders as they now have 4 lawsuits on them becauseBF4 was a "pump and dump" title. Look it up on the net. Forbes has a nice article on it. Ever see a 25mm gun that couldnt kill worth a crap? Its in BF4. Ever been killed while running on the other side of a map by one shot? Its in BF4. Im telling you as others have told you!!!! This game is BROKEN!!!! If you must find out for yourself then borrow it or rent it at REDBOX. Expand
  29. Mar 6, 2014
    the freezing problem is just unbelievable. I spend 70 euros on a game that I cannot play five minutes without the game freezing. every other game on my PS3 runs smoothly. I seriously suggest that you consider sticking with BF3.
  30. Nov 18, 2013
    IMO, this game is the disappointment of the year. The closer it got to the release date, the more I understood that it would be bad.
    My major complain: this is not Battlefield 4, it's Battlefield 3.1. It's not step forward, it's step back.
    This opinion is based only on ps3 version, not ps4 or pc.

Let's start with the campaign. It's one of the worst fps campaigns I've ever played: it's
    all cliche, it's boring, it doesn't use any of Battlefield mechanics. I made myself to finish it (I don't know why). The only good thing is the ending: unlike other games, here you have to make decisions faster :)

The most disappointing thing about the game graphics. Don't get me wrong, I don't judge game only by its look. But the visual element of the game is worse than in BF3.

The multiplayer didn't change a bit:
    - Yes, we've got commander mode similar to bf2, but I've played for a couple of hours as a soldier, and haven't seen any activities from the commanders. People don't even care: no one signs as a commander.
    - "Dynamic" maps. Yeah, the skyscraper can be destroyed, the doors can be closed: this is not a big improvement and in general the maps don't change.
    - The only change I really felt was that now we have different progression for class gear and weapons.

I don't understand, why we have to get rid off bf3 addons and start all over again. The maps are horrible, especially the big ones, where it's impossible to find other players. I prefer COD multiplayer to this one. If you've played bf3, you've played bf4.
    I think that EA is jealous of COD, and they try to copy different elements from it. It's a bad practice. If you can't create a good campaign, don't even try to do it.

BTW, I'm not a fan of COD series but I get more fun from cod than bf4.
    P.S. Also filters for servers work strange: no matter how many people on a server I filter it always shows full servers..
  31. Dec 4, 2013
    What a Disapointment.
    This game is a blurry shadow of what BF3 is.
    On PS3 the game graphics are garbage (plain and simple). Frostbite 3 is just a pipe dream. During parts of the campaign missions the rendering simply crashes and there is no way to know where to go or how to continue.
    Campaign is also really short and lacks of interaction with the story poor script.
    The "Genius" that
    decided to change all the buttons configuration should be fired! At least give an option to the players to customize the controls they way they like it that's common sense!
    The only good thing is the addition of a few new vehicles and that's it.
    My suggestion is to not even bother buying this game stay playing BF3.
  32. Dec 26, 2013
    Every time I insert the game into my PS3 it's like playing Russian roulette: will the game work or will it freeze? And most of the time it f*cks up my PS3. In terms of multiplayer the guns have literally declined in performance compared to BF3, and the unlocks are horrible compared to previous Battlefield games. I mean come on DICE, can't you make a game is worth playing for generations? The game does feel more rushed than previous BF games and that's due to the COD feel that this game possesses, especially with the new unlockable camos/achievements that they added. Literally all the players/teammates in all the squads have started to worry about K/D and W/L rather than winning the actual match. Pathetic. Not to mention the unbalanced size of the maps when you try to play Rush and capture all the spots which enables the enemy teams to have the time to re-capture them. The whole game is off

I honestly feel like this was better off for Next-Gen consoles because all of the graphics are a step-down from BF3. I take that back, from BFBC1. Everything feels off, and connectivity is a huge issue especially with TDM. When you try and search for a TDM match in Quick Play, it freezes the console FORCING you to restart the whole system. The game is ridiculously buggy and is too minuscule to fit the 4th Title of the Battlefield Franchise.

I would've rather had coal than this for christmas.
  33. Jan 21, 2014
    Deception! DONT BUY BF4.
    YOU CANT PLAY ONE HOUR IN A ROW WITHOUT CREKING AND FREEZING YOUR PS3. THIS IS JUNK. NO COMPARISON WITH BF3 DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY. THEY JUST RELEASE AN UPDATE, NO FIX AT ALL. JUNK, GARBAGE, TRASH, BATTLEFIELD 4, ALL THE SAME!
  34. Dec 14, 2013
    Server shutdown, loss of campaing data, premium battlepacks not working, freeze gameplays, overlapping of screens... it's almost impossible to play a couple days without a single problem...
  35. Dec 12, 2013
    NO! this game is CRAP! the multiplayer is down right awful. bf3 is was better. first of all, it takes TOOOOO DANG LONG to get it kill. WAYYYYYY to much hit markers. i shoot a guy with all the bullets in my mag, he wasnt dead, needed to reload, not to menshine my friendlies for also shooting him at the same time. so i shot him some more i and got the asist! second, the vehicals have to much health too. i shot a tank with all the explotions in my launcher and it didnt get destroyed! third, the graphics are donkey crap! fourth its takes too long to level up. fifth, the recoil on the guns it too much. and last, the range on the guns needs to be increased. Ghosts>Bf4 Expand
  36. Dec 4, 2013
    Bugs and glitches in the game are terrible! Instead, corrections, additions do! DICE, serezdnyh forward amendments in the game. When the game is to play well, you can already put the estimates above.
  37. Dec 4, 2013
    sorry to say but battlefield 4 has gone to my reasons, the jets in the game are invincible its like your shooting a potato gun at them and the air superiority matches are way to short. If i could have a wish i would wish that i never bought such a trash game!!!! thanks for the waste of money
  38. Dec 5, 2013
    I bought BF4 deluxe edition because I really like the Battlefield series. I had great time with BFBC2 and BF3. But, this game is so broken. My ps3 freezes all the time. Why can't they test the game before releasing? It's really sad.

Instead of spending money on advertising, they should had put money in getting better testers.

The campaign is as boring as BF3. But, everyone buys BF4
    for multiplayer right! Well, multiplayer is broken too. You can't even create a squad. This franchise is going downhill with each iteration. All they care about is money. EA's touch ruins another franchise! Expand
  39. Dec 10, 2013
    This review is for multiplayer only.

I am a big fan of battlefield bad company series of games and have logged well over 200 hours of multiplayer in BF3 and BFBC2 but I CANNOT recommend this game to anyone in its CURRENT state.

BF3 was a great game, BF4 so far is just an average game. You would think since DICE had 2 years to IMPROVE upon BF3, BF4 would be amazing but amazing it is
    not. So far everything seems like a downgrade, not an upgrade. If you enjoyed playing with your friends on the same squad, on the same team DO NOT buy this game (or wait until they patch it). Currently you are unable to create a squad pre-game, no pre-game squad lobby. You are unable to switch sides if you or your friends end up on opposing teams.
    In order for you to try and get your friends on the same team in the same game, you have to go to a server that is basically empty and wait for players to join in. Then your friends can exit and re-join the same game a HOPE that they are on your team.

In terms of graphics and weapons and maps they are all on par with BF3 with slight tweaks and slight improvements but nothing "earth shattering". The newest feature: "levolution" or massive destruction where you can collapse skyscrapers and implode bridges and dams is very cool, but does NOT make up for the short comings of this game.
  40. Dec 26, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of Dice and the Battlefield games. I've been playing them since Bad Company 2/1943. I've talked many people into switching from C.O.D. to Battlefield. However, Battlefield 4 was a HUGE disappointment. I don't know how they could ruin such a good thing.
    The graphics are terrible. They would only be appealing to Helen Keller. When I play the game, it looks like I'm displaying
    rejected forms of abstract art on my tv.
    The graphics aren't the worst part about this game, it's the controls! Everything and anything you want to do in this game is confusing. Who's decision was it to change the vehicle controls from great to garbage? There was never a problem with the controls in any of the previous games, why did you change them?
    I can only guess Dice messed this game up so badly, because they needed a bunch of tax write-offs. This game is good for one thing, and one thing only, re-gifting. But re-gifting this game is just like re-gifting used toilet paper.
  41. Feb 1, 2014
    Not impressed at all, clearly unfinished and untested at launch, constant crashes, locking up of PS3, unable to save campaign progress, jerky (sometimes) graphics, definitely the worst game experience I have had in at least 25 years!
    I had grown tired of COD and it's many faults, and wanted a better experience, I DID NOT find it with this game, and I certainly will not buy another EA/DICE
    game if this is the standard they are happy to release. Expand
  42. Mar 6, 2014
    This game was clearly released before it was even close to being finished. It's been over 5 months and it's still a buggy mess. I can barely get through a match without it locking up my PS3. I've been a BF fan for a long time, but DICE/EA really dropped the ball on this one. Stay away from it.
  43. Apr 17, 2014
    Multiplayer was fine.
    But Campaign... in that dam mission where you jump on the scaffolding there was a game breaking bug. went on youtube and there was even a video. Had to replay mission. DICE you used to be top notch. but now EA has you pumping out a sequel every 2 years a la Call of Duty style and quality has dropped. Even though Activision gets criticised for their repetitive
    gameplay at least they don't have these game breaking bugs.

That's not even mentioning the hostile portrayal of the Chinese in the Campaign lol. Civil war in China with the Yanks interefering of course. At least they get one part right, Americans interfering with other countries' affairs but DICE portrays Chinese as warmongers intent on starting WWIII. Irony much. Sweden's DICE why must you behave as america's lapdog.
  44. Apr 27, 2014
    This game is rubbish how on earth it got any rating above 3 stars is beyond me. The single player is heartless and boring but no- one buys it for campaign mode anyhow. The multiplayer is the big attraction but this fails miserably. There are so many glitches crashes and poor performance issues in general I wish I had bought COD instead so long dice and ea thats the last bit of my money you will see Expand
  45. Jul 29, 2014
    This game is broken, the graphics are pathetic, the story is mediocre and that's it. Everything sucks about this game, i'd stick to BF3 if I were you.
  46. Dec 22, 2013
    Sera muy buen juego cuando arreglen todos los fallos que tiene entonces cambiare mi pensamiento sobre el, ya que la consola se quede bloqueada cada dos por tres jugando no mola nada no por los puntos si no por reiniciar de mala forma la consola.
  47. Dec 27, 2013
    Complete let down. Single player movements and gun play feel completely unrealistic with no store line present. Multiplayer is just a disaster. For everyone saying its similar to BF3, it's not. Everything feels completely different, from movements, to gunplay. And it's a lot worse. A lot of the time I feel as if I'm playing a call of duty game. The netcode is terrible, weapons are unbalanced, it constantly freezes your console and there are many glitches/bugs from audio to graphic to even a few game breaking bugs.

The orange filter on the killcam is cartoonish and a put off, the graphics on a PS3 are significantly worse than BF3 at times (when they even decide to render) and the map design is bland and at times boring. Not to mention every gui is ugly and glitchy in the game.The menu is ugly, slow and freezes, the server browser becomes not responsive, the spawn menu is slow and confusing for a few hours of gameplay.

I don't usually express my opinion on games and play them as is, but this is just too horrible for me to play. If you want to have fun. play anything prior to BF4 (Including 3) but don't waste your money on this garbage, at least yet. But I don't have hope of it getting better because they've ruined the feel of Battlefield and seem to be trying to compete with Call of Duty by copying that play style and adding vehicles.
  48. Jan 19, 2014
    Broken. Would like a refund. I'll look at this game again in 2015 when it's working. I won't be purchasing in-game with EA because they sold a broken product. Did EA push Dice to release an unfinished product for xmas 2013? It looks like it. Stick with BF3 for now.

BF4 maps are sparse -I think the franchise is stale. BF3 maps are great -this makes for a much more enjoyable game.
  49. May 25, 2014
    this game is awful I hate it played it for 15 minutes and got sick of all the bull graphics overall a boring game battle field 3 was a much better game than this piece of ****
  50. Jun 3, 2014
    I have been engrossed in Battlefield online play for years now. I originally played the Battlefield 1942 on PC and have been a long standing fan of the games. HOWEVER...The new Battlefield is a complete disappointment. A half-ass story line and the online play is complete garbage. Don't waste your time. Or money! Graphics are a joke in online play. The original pac man has better graphics than this. However, if you feel the need to blow $60 for only HALF of the available maps, go right ahead. Then drop another $60 to get the other half of the maps. This game is a rip off and a money pit. The game designers need to restart from ground 0. Expand
  51. Jun 5, 2014
    The would be a lot more fun if every 5 minutes it didn't make the freaking ps3 crash. I have had this game for 3 months now and it has crashed my ps3 at least 100 hundred times. This has been happening to everyone so I recommend anyone buys this until they fix it!
  52. Jun 30, 2014
    im laughing at the morons who said they like this game with their dumb reviews, the company who made this game doesn't give a **** about the customers just money, so the more you keep buying their games the more you'll grippe about bugs, and crashing, so pretty much your liking a game whos company has no respect for it's customers?!?
  53. Jun 16, 2014
    the worst game ever! graphics are ugly textures are really bad. online is THE SAME with BATTLEFIELD 3 oh battlefield 3 is better..better graphics better textures better and funnier online and better campaing cod ghost is much better and much funnier i dont trust more ea games
  54. Jun 17, 2014
    This game is a piece of sh*t! Almost 8 months after release, this game is HORRIBLE on the PS3, plus, DICE doesnt give a f*ck about fixing the game on the older generation consoles and we ended up playing a $60 PRE ALPHA game! For God sake, If you want to buy It on the PS3, DONT! Stay back of this game! With MINECRAFT PS3 edition, you will have more fun. I am so disappointed... SHAME ON YOU EA/DICE. Expand
  55. Jul 26, 2014
    Played the game for two days then went back to palying BF3 . Maps, Weapons and vehicles all suck. The game glitches/freezes all the time. Played through like half of the campaign then came one day and the game started me from the beginning. Absolutely useless waste of money. Max 24 players on PS3 makes it all the more stupid.

1. Nov 12, 2013
    To blow COD out of the water, they will need a more polished game than this. Perhaps the next-generation will provide it.
  2. Nov 11, 2013
    So there you have it, the current-gen version of Battlefield 4. To be honest, it’s not a huge leap forward over Battlefield 3. It looks slightly better but performs slightly worse.
  3. Nov 8, 2013
    The really unfortunate thing with this Premium nonsense is that the greater body of players are made to feel like they're travelling in economy class, so that the core fans can be milked. I'm not anti-DLC, but the way Battlefield Premium constantly thrusts at you just feels grubby. It's not a nice way to treat paying customers, and it's a pity to see it besmirch such a great game.