8.6

1. Jun 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Recently I decided to play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 again due to the lack of retail games being released. The game begins in October 1944 with a group of US Commandos trying to take a Japanese Naval Base during "Operation Aurora". During this Operation, the commandos capture a Japanese Scientist who tries to tell them to leave the island as soon as possible because of a project known as "Black Weapon". While leaving the island, the commandos were too late and the "Black Weapon" is activated which creates a tsunami and kills the commando group. The story is then taken to the present day were a group of U.S Soldiers are told to secure a device like the "Black Weapon" in Russia. Having done everything they needed to get the device, it is later found out that it was a fake. Due to the successful mission in Russia, General Braidwood tells the group that are now enlisted into a special force and is told to find Agent James Aguire. The squad go to Bolivia in search of Aguire which eventually leds to many firefights with the locals. The group are able to find Aguire and find out that they can retrieve his intelligence on these types of weapons from a French satellite that is being controlled in a base in the Andes. The group land the satellite and have to stop a Russian Army how are after the intelligence so that they can destroy it. When the group bring back the intelligence to Aguire; he tells them that the person behind making these weapons is a Russian Colonel known as Arkady Kirilenko (the same man that the group tried to eliminate in Russia). Kirilenko's plan is to try and wipe out the American Power Grid using these weapons so that the Russian Army can invade the USA. The group are told that Kirilenko is hiding out in Chile which leds to them and the U.S Forces hunting him down. The group eventually find him but Kirilenko is able to escape again. The group find intel on where Kirilenko maybe heading to next. The group believe that he was of to find an abandoned ship known as "Sangre Del Toro". The group move out and find the ship which contains the key ingredient in making these weapons. The group also find out more about what happened during "Operation Aurora". The Operation was a suicide mission so that the U.S Army were able to see the capability of the "Black Weapon". While trying to get to compound to Aguire for analysis, the groups helicopter is shot down which leaves them split up. The group eventually regroup with one another and escape from the local militia. Giving the compound to Aguire, the group find out that Aguire is a double-agent and wants revenge for what happened to his father - one of the commandos involved in Operation Aurora. However Kirilenko betrays Aguire and kills him. Kirilenko tries to kill the group but they are saved by their helicopter pilot who evetually dies due to his wounds. They eventually head through the city of Quinto were it is believed that Kirilenko's Black Weapon is being held. The group find out that it is being held on a large cargo plane as it is activated showing the group its true power. The group then smuggle themselves on to the cargo plane, they find that Kirilenko is trying to activate the weapon above Southern United States until the group blow up the weapon and the plane. While bailing out of the plane, Kirilenko steals the last parachute. While in free fall, Kirilenko is killed and the remaining parachute is handed to you by one of the group. The group believe that all their hard work did something until the General turns up to tell them that they will be helping to fight of the Russian Army as it has just moved through Alaska and Canada.

Positives I liked how you played in WW2 and the modern era
    I very much enjoyed the multiplayer
    I liked the idea of collecting people's dog tags after getting a knife kill on multiplayer

Negatives
    It is far to easy to get sniping kills in the story and on multiplayer
    The story is one which has been used many times and after playing it once, the second time round was very boring
    It is too easy to get kills on multiplayer when using vehicles

Rating
    I would have to rate Battlefield: Bad Company 2 a 4 out of 10
  2. RobertC
    Mar 31, 2010
    what a pile of crap...this is everything that could have gone wrong in an FPS and more. I have never been more upset about spending $60 on something like this. Truly and unmistakably the work of an inferior developer known as DICE. WHAT A FAIL.
  3. PaulA
    Mar 31, 2010
    People are actually comparing this to MW2? Are you insane? This is like Rogue Warrior with online... the gameplay is stupid and cheap, graphics are sub-par and the single player makes this package look weak and relentlessly boring...no tactics or skills are required for this foolish hurried mess made by DICE. The only skill associated with this game is not buying it at all at Gamestop or People are actually comparing this to MW2? Are you insane? This is like Rogue Warrior with online... the gameplay is stupid and cheap, graphics are sub-par and the single player makes this package look weak and relentlessly boring...no tactics or skills are required for this foolish hurried mess made by DICE. The only skill associated with this game is not buying it at all at Gamestop or anywhere else. Their are plenty of other games out now with all the assets and none of the crap that BC2 seems to be the breeding ground for. I hope for the sake of the gaming industry, this garbage will not have a sequel...but then again it can't really get any worse than this. Expand
  4. JohnD
    Mar 26, 2010
    ??? What an appallingly overrated load of garbage!! I read the good reviews... I hired it out (along with MW2, which I have played a thousand times).for SEVEN days... and played it twice for maybe three hours all up... It was skin-crawlingly lame and I just returned to the far-superior MW2.... BC2 has muddy, crappy, 720p-max graphics; chaotic, pointless gameplay... which only a retarded ??? What an appallingly overrated load of garbage!! I read the good reviews... I hired it out (along with MW2, which I have played a thousand times).for SEVEN days... and played it twice for maybe three hours all up... It was skin-crawlingly lame and I just returned to the far-superior MW2.... BC2 has muddy, crappy, 720p-max graphics; chaotic, pointless gameplay... which only a retarded run n gun scum could possibly like.... the maps are unfollowable.... the vehicles uncontrollable and, it would seem, indestructible to you but not if you get in it - yay!!..... the controls stupid in any and all variation(s) it makes from MW2 - seemingly only b/c MW2 has used them IN EVERY CASE (melee, crouch etc).... you know why MW2 used their configurations DICE? Cos they are better. Sound seems dead and empty... like a permanent frag has gone off.... Weapons lame... how the upgrades work is not remotely followable so there is no sense of working towards anything like MW2's perks and unlocks and so forth... Quite how anyone could give this craptatsic game a review score above four out of ten is totally beyond me. Overrated, boring, frustrating and ugly. Finding the enemy is always a complete fluke, if can find them at all and I rarely saw the person who killed me... just a stupid game. MW2 craps all over it. Trust me. Expand
  5. JohnD
    Apr 13, 2010
    ??? What an appallingly overrated load of garbage!! I read the good reviews... I hired it out (along with MW2, which I have played a thousand times).for SEVEN days... and played it twice for maybe three hours all up... It was skin-crawlingly lame and I just returned to the far-superior MW2.... BC2 has muddy, crappy, 720p-max graphics; chaotic, pointless gameplay... which only a retarded ??? What an appallingly overrated load of garbage!! I read the good reviews... I hired it out (along with MW2, which I have played a thousand times).for SEVEN days... and played it twice for maybe three hours all up... It was skin-crawlingly lame and I just returned to the far-superior MW2.... BC2 has muddy, crappy, 720p-max graphics; chaotic, pointless gameplay... which only a retarded run n gun scum could possibly like.... the maps are unfollowable.... the vehicles uncontrollable and, it would seem, indestructible to you but not if you get in it - yay!!..... the controls stupid in any and all variation(s) it makes from MW2 - seemingly only b/c MW2 has used them IN EVERY CASE (melee, crouch etc).... you know why MW2 used their configurations DICE? Cos they are better. Sound seems dead and empty... like a permanent frag has gone off.... Weapons lame... how the upgrades work is not remotely followable so there is no sense of working towards anything like MW2's perks and unlocks and so forth... Quite how anyone could give this craptatsic game a review score above four out of ten is totally beyond me. Overrated, boring, frustrating and ugly. Finding the enemy is always a complete fluke, if can find them at all and I rarely saw the person who killed me... just a stupid game. MW2 craps all over it. Trust me. Collapse
  6. Nov 9, 2010
    this game is more EA fail than it is battlefield/dice imo. the maps suck, the weapons suck, the multiplayer balancing sucks. there is an auto aim feature in both hardcore and softcore mode. it literally aims the guns for noobs. i thought the purpose of shooters was to aim and shoot the other players? this game does it for you. mortars, snipers and mines are no skill noobtube weapons thatthis game is more EA fail than it is battlefield/dice imo. the maps suck, the weapons suck, the multiplayer balancing sucks. there is an auto aim feature in both hardcore and softcore mode. it literally aims the guns for noobs. i thought the purpose of shooters was to aim and shoot the other players? this game does it for you. mortars, snipers and mines are no skill noobtube weapons that noobs will spamm at you like crazy. i can go on all day. this game is made by noobs for noobs. good gamers will sicken of it quickly due to the absence of quality. if you want to play a battlefield game try 1943. its only 15$ and is a far superior product. Expand
  7. Apr 27, 2011
    this game is so terrible. it focuses on realism way to much and forgets the fun. the story is shot and is way to predictable. the mutiplayer is full of sever problems and is very lacking in game modes.
  8. Feb 5, 2012
    Pense que era una apuesta seria a contendiente de COD MW, pero al percatarme que ellos trataban de ser la competencia desde ahi radica el fallo, seria mejor partir de elementos propios para poder destacar, pero en verdad no paraba de comparar ambos titulos y siempre decir :"En COD si se puede hincar, si puedo apuntar mejor, me esconderia mejor, la accion es muy cortada, se ve muy falso esePense que era una apuesta seria a contendiente de COD MW, pero al percatarme que ellos trataban de ser la competencia desde ahi radica el fallo, seria mejor partir de elementos propios para poder destacar, pero en verdad no paraba de comparar ambos titulos y siempre decir :"En COD si se puede hincar, si puedo apuntar mejor, me esconderia mejor, la accion es muy cortada, se ve muy falso ese edificio cayendose, etc", prefiero la saga COD y no soy fanboy de la franquicia ya que los shooters no son mi nicho de juegos, pero si me pones a elegir seguro los Battlefield no serian mi opcion Expand
  9. Apr 15, 2017
    Le moteur 3D Frosbite fait des merveilles, même sur PS3 ! bien que la résolution soit faible, bien que l'AA soit aux abonnés absents, le jeu est encore très beau et toujours fluide. Les décors sont variés et relativement destructibles, c'est également un bon point. Le doublage VF m'avait laissé un doute dans le premier Bad Company mais là il s'en trouve confirmé : doublage québécois !Le moteur 3D Frosbite fait des merveilles, même sur PS3 ! bien que la résolution soit faible, bien que l'AA soit aux abonnés absents, le jeu est encore très beau et toujours fluide. Les décors sont variés et relativement destructibles, c'est également un bon point. Le doublage VF m'avait laissé un doute dans le premier Bad Company mais là il s'en trouve confirmé : doublage québécois ! certes de bonne facture pour du québécois mais significativement inférieur à ce qu'on fait en France.

On note quelques bugs (les ennemis coincés à moitié dans le décor) mais rien de rédhibitoire et à sa décharge, je n'ai pas installé le patch de 1750 mo... mais de qui se fout-on franchement ? pas que ça à faire... les patchs sur PS3, ça prend deux jours à chaque fois. Cela dit, ça ne change rien au souci fondamental de Bad truc numéro 2 : 5 mn de jeu, 2 mn de cinématique, 5 mn de jeu, 2 mn... couloirs bien balisés et scripts à profusion...

Pas assez réaliste pour qu'on y prête un réel intérêt, les flingues sont mous et la suspension d'incrédulité est mise à mal toutes les 30 secondes ; peu importe l'ndulgence qu'on est susceptible de lui accorder (à moins d'avoir encore 12 ans) tout cela sent le mauvais téléfilm.

Quant au multi, c'est du Battlefield... la confusion sur de très grandes cartes où tout le monde fait n'importe quoi et où on s'y emmerde... royalement.

1. The most flattering way to look at Bad Company 2 is as an intense online shooter with a slightly dodgy singleplayer mode included as a free bonus.
  2. 'Battlefield: Bad Company 2' comes armed with a heavy arsenal and some bad attitudes, and delivers another solid shooting experience that will please fans of the original, and dare I say it, the “COD” clan as well.
  3. Although the singleplayer campaign is entertaining enough, it is in the multiplayer that this game really shines. Almost perfectly balanced, the vehicles, destructible buildings and team-play make this game a joy to play and a must for any fans of the genre.