7.7

1. Oct 30, 2011
    Fantastic game. I love the mish-mash button fighting system and really excites me. Cool storyline to be a part of. The enemies are really hilariously awesome and gorgeously created. The bosses fight are memorable and bayonetta manages to own them all. I only wish the game could be longer.
  2. Apr 25, 2012
    Good game, non-stop action, Great game play and pretty decent graphics, also theres so much vareity in combos and weapons! It loads pretty quick once you install it on your HDD.... definitely a must have! I give it personally a 9.5.. this game doesn't disappoint
  3. Jul 16, 2013
    I have to say that I really liked the game. For the first instance I had to go through one hour of wtf-moments, but then the game got better and better. There is a fatel flaw though: The beginner mode is way to easy and the normal mode is to hard imo. You have to play with perfect timing to reach the end in the normal mode. After loosing a boss battle for the 10th time, it getsI have to say that I really liked the game. For the first instance I had to go through one hour of wtf-moments, but then the game got better and better. There is a fatel flaw though: The beginner mode is way to easy and the normal mode is to hard imo. You have to play with perfect timing to reach the end in the normal mode. After loosing a boss battle for the 10th time, it gets frustrating. But that's because of my level as a player and not the games fauld. Nevertheless, it would have been good to have a difficulty setting inbetween. Expand
  4. Oct 5, 2010
    Bayonetta is an impressive game that is rich in gameplay, story and graphics. The superb features that are in this game are flawless. I reccomend this game to everyone who is thinking of buying it, it is a truly indulging game all-together.
  5. Oct 12, 2010
    When getting this game I wasn't sure what to expect, but it blew me away! The game play ran smoothly and the story was a good-paced 9-10 hours of excitement. At first the story didn't seem like much, however as I passed through more and more of the story I saw that it was so much deeper and I really got sucked in to the crazy plot and dazzling characters.
    One of my complaints is that the
    One of my complaints is that the loading times were quite long and were a bit of a pain on the PS3 version, but the game itself is fantastic and should have sold a lot better. The customisation lead to different combo techniques and the different items and moves you could purchase was a great addition. The graphics were also beautiful and lead to the thrilling experience. The most impressive feature of the game was probably the boss battles. After the first I thought they couldn't get better but the last was one of the finest bosses I have ever played in a video game. This game is hard even in normal which is the highest difficulty you can start in and some of the alfheim portals are very tough, but this just makes the game even more dazzling and addicting.
    I recommend buying this to any fan of action games as the experience is incredible and as ludicrous as the story and characters are you really enjoy the twists along the way.
    Must buy for action fans !!!
  6. Feb 13, 2011
    This game is pretty nuts. Platinum has done a LOT with such an old genre. The gameplay is wall-to-wall action punctuated with a compelling main character, good plot, excellent graphics and control. I only have two gripes. One, some parts of this game are unnecessarily frustrating with cheap boss fights and checkpoints that are a too far from them. Two, the prerendered cinematics areThis game is pretty nuts. Platinum has done a LOT with such an old genre. The gameplay is wall-to-wall action punctuated with a compelling main character, good plot, excellent graphics and control. I only have two gripes. One, some parts of this game are unnecessarily frustrating with cheap boss fights and checkpoints that are a too far from them. Two, the prerendered cinematics are PS2 quality (if that.) Not sure why the rest of the game is so awesome looking but the prerendered stuff looks bad. Besides these two points, the game is a must-buy at the current 20 dollar price point. It's fairly long what what it is and you'll have your hands full for a while. A must-have for your collection. Expand
  7. Nov 30, 2010
    An amazing experience meant to played by those who enjoy the Devil May Cry series and maybe even the Ninja Gaiden games. The ps3 may be the inferior product when compared to the 360, however the patch released make this a more enjoyable port. Overall, fast-paced, intense, epic, and a must have on any gamers' shelf.
  8. Jan 1, 2011
    I didnt know about Bayonetta until I played the demo. Was blown away and the game was no exception. I love the presentation of different dimensions and I thought the five hunfred year old witch story, though not original, was still pretty cool. The real high point of this game are the play mechanics. The player does high jumps, shoots, slices and dices, then lands on her feet to do it allI didnt know about Bayonetta until I played the demo. Was blown away and the game was no exception. I love the presentation of different dimensions and I thought the five hunfred year old witch story, though not original, was still pretty cool. The real high point of this game are the play mechanics. The player does high jumps, shoots, slices and dices, then lands on her feet to do it all again on the ground with great fluidity. Enemies attack from all angles and Bayonetta uses her sleek yet very deadly combat styles to dispatch them all. Her finishing moves awaken powerful demons that launch devistating attacks against larger enemies and bosses. On the down side, the load times are really annoying. The screen has to load every stage and every time you enter and exit a menu. Sometimes, not very often, the screen has to load mid level, but this is only for a second. But the weapons and items can be accessed while playing so theres no need to always bring up the menu. Another thing is the difficulty. Bayonetta has a dodge that when timed correctly, slows down all the enemies temporarily. But miss the dodge and you get hurt badly. Most enemies won't have one attack and you will be hit four five times before hitting the ground. And like how Bayonetta can move all over the screen, they can to. But with pratice, Bayonetta can be mastered and that brings a powerful feeling to take out ten enemies without taking a single hit. For players who like hack and slash games where style is key, this is the definitive vide game. Expand
  9. Aug 11, 2011
    This is a must-own PS3 game before you die. I definitely love the adrenaline and the heart-pounding smokin' hot Bayonetta. She's got more weapons than BloodRayne and Dante combined. I can't stop loving the new features: a slow-motion dodge system called "Witch Time," incredible killer moves, and some fatalities that could make Mortal Kombat running for their own money. Can't wait for aThis is a must-own PS3 game before you die. I definitely love the adrenaline and the heart-pounding smokin' hot Bayonetta. She's got more weapons than BloodRayne and Dante combined. I can't stop loving the new features: a slow-motion dodge system called "Witch Time," incredible killer moves, and some fatalities that could make Mortal Kombat running for their own money. Can't wait for a sequel as soon as it announces in the future. But for now, Bayonetta is pure sexy and pure crazy. One of my favorite games of 2010. Expand
  10. Jun 5, 2012
    I had that game catching dust on my shelf for a while when I decided to pick it up again. In the beginning, this game does give a "been here, done that" feeling, resembling DMC in many aspects, such as the overall "demonic" theme and the shooting/sword-fighting mixed game-play. Then again, the game does not deny that one bit. In fact, it deliberately takes things from DMC and makesI had that game catching dust on my shelf for a while when I decided to pick it up again. In the beginning, this game does give a "been here, done that" feeling, resembling DMC in many aspects, such as the overall "demonic" theme and the shooting/sword-fighting mixed game-play. Then again, the game does not deny that one bit. In fact, it deliberately takes things from DMC and makes them...better. The game-play (meaning moving Bayonetta herself) is pure fun and highly addictive. Once you get familiar with timing and movement, fighting goes smooth, flashy and makes you feel like you are in control. Some of her moves are so over the top that they made a small miracle to actually make it perfectly playable. Defy gravity, transform into animals, kill opponents with your hair that turns into a giant raven or dragon. Apart from the moveable camera that can be confusing sometimes, there is nothing about the game-play that should be considered other than brilliant, hit detection and avoiding enemy attacks is near perfection, even though as mentioned earlier I did need some time getting used to it. You have witches, demons, VERY intentionally lame jokes and fantastic level design plus millions of bad guys to defeat that come in a great variety. Several additional weapons, costumes, moves and accessories to buy will keep you busy for a while. If you are into Hack'n'Slay and Action, this game is a must. Expand
  11. Feb 24, 2012
    Great game, fun to play, good combos, very good graph's, interesting charactere and story.

its a shame that you can't start a new game with old charactere with points, stats and bought items.
  12. May 2, 2012
    Bayonetta could be easily and mistakenly summed up by:"it's devil may cry, but you play as a woman". They are quite similar on the surface, but Bayonetta takes the "stylish action" from dmc and takes it up to eleven. From start to finish this game felt always fresh with a story that goes from point A to point K with unexpected twists. As long as you proceed into the game, you'll gain newBayonetta could be easily and mistakenly summed up by:"it's devil may cry, but you play as a woman". They are quite similar on the surface, but Bayonetta takes the "stylish action" from dmc and takes it up to eleven. From start to finish this game felt always fresh with a story that goes from point A to point K with unexpected twists. As long as you proceed into the game, you'll gain new abilities or powers that bring new gameplay mechanics. If you think you'll survive just pressing the square button you are very wrong, you will learn pretty soon to master the "dodge" mechanic that slows time for a couple of seconds. The main character is funny as hell, charismatic, even though at times she goes too far in terms of profanity, making the viewer uncomfortable. The biggest downside for me was the presentation, cutscenes were a little difficult to follow trying to mimic a motion comic (if you are not english it's difficult to read the subtitles and get what is happening on screen). Occasionally this game looked like it came from the ps2-era, fortunately I do not base my judgement only on graphics so it really didn't matter very much. In the end Bayonetta is a must buy if you like fun and compelling games, the artistic direction can be divisive, though. Expand
  13. Mar 26, 2013
    This is one of my favorite hack and slash type of games. The graphics are pretty solid, the gameplay is simple enough to quickly learn and have a handle of, but complex enough to always be learning new things.

The game has a ton of personality, the over-the-top sexuality in the game is beyond hilarious at times. The music has a great feel to it, at times being very humorous given the situation that it's in.

This is a great hack and slash that also brings a ton of personality, something that can often lack in. The mix of charm and gameplay is a mix you can't go wrong with.
  14. Jul 6, 2014
    After fixing the frame-rate issue by installing and the loading by updating,no doubt one of the best hack'n'slash,quite old already tough,but still in 2014,i really like playing,really fun and sometimes challeging,graphics is a bit exceeded,but the characters,enemies and bosses,still look great to good,,thing is,if you compare a bit with devil may cry,it's quite a button smashe,withAfter fixing the frame-rate issue by installing and the loading by updating,no doubt one of the best hack'n'slash,quite old already tough,but still in 2014,i really like playing,really fun and sometimes challeging,graphics is a bit exceeded,but the characters,enemies and bosses,still look great to good,,thing is,if you compare a bit with devil may cry,it's quite a button smashe,with dodging at the right time

Now the story likes some others games(a least in my opinion) takes some time to trigger and get interesting,maybe because there is quite loose ends,and get time to get understandable,now like survivor horrors,they are files and other stuff you can get,explaining more of everything,thing is,not everyone has the balls to read i guess,what help is the characters, that overrall have a good charisma,mainly bayonetta herself and luka,also jeanne is a good character,also the game has a good sense of humor,making you laugh sometimes,for mans,well no doubt they are those who will literally fap to bayonetta,her ass gets in the cutscenes a lot,and it's perfect,
    as for the gameplay,not much secret,like devil may cry,just walk straight,make combos on enemies,what is good is that the gameplay is varied,with diferent types of stages,bosses,with tecnically speaking,no puzzles,i got a bit lost only on the airplane stage,had to look around a bit to get to the right place

if you are a fan of hack'n'slash,this a must buy,if you lke games with a story that starts well and end well,you have to think about a bit,the characters are overral good and have a really good charisma,that makes the story quite more interesting,if you like a female protagonist that has sex appeal quite big,and OP,well bayonetta might be your home
  15. Apr 18, 2014
    not a bad game, in homage to "GRArcada" the game is "Stufective", Stupid concept and everything but yet effective.

It looks great, making the difference between the dull and gray human world and the colorful and impressive other worlds or "purgatory" as its called in game, where most of the battles are. The Story is very simple with clear villain with a simple and somewhat cliche

The Story is very simple with clear villain with a simple and somewhat cliche motivation, and presented though the also cliche "amnesia" plot (seriously, if you find the story of this game too complex, you have a lot to learn).

So while it looks gorgeous and amazing, its too amazing for its own good, for what the game is and offers, the realistic aesthetics it chooses to be doesn't help, it would be more awesome if it was a bit more stylized, then is can had more "over the top" scenes and "over the top" reactions that would help a lot of moments in the game, but what we get is enough to enjoy the game so... meh.

The Game play is fast, aggressive, sexy, and visually impressive, but if you play for prolonged sessions it becomes repetitive, same enemies same ways to beat them all, and once you get the weapon of your choice, you don't need anything else in the game in terms of upgrades, maybe something to improve your mobility and health but that's about it, sometimes it feels like a button smasher rather than an action game, and as many in its genre, you go in a level, gets stuck in a "room" with a bunch of enemies, kick their asses to continue and repeat, but the different combos add that "itch" of experimentation to make it feel less repetitive, even when it still is repetitive, just enough to want to play a further more, that and try to execute all the "climax moves" on every enemy, those move feels amazing when executes on enemies. The only big problem with some fights and moments in the game are the QTE and instant death moves from some bosses, the QTE need a bit more time to announce themselves and allow the player to put the command in the controller, and the instant death moves should be announced differently so the player can be prepared a bit the first time facing them, at least in normal and easier difficulties, for the hardcore players its ok.

The audio is immersive, it has passion and goes with the tension or the spectacular visuals it is played, is sexy as the protagonist, and emotional. Said that, there's some levels where is little to no Background music when there is no battle, and the common battle theme repeats to much with the common enemies, making these fights repetitive and often boring. Its only the Climax or torture attacks that makes these common fights enjoyable, seriously, it feels sooo satisfying.....
  16. Mar 26, 2013

Bayonetta is the kind of game that makes me appreciate why I love videogames. It really defines a time when things were not taken too seriously and the focus was more on style and gameplay than anything else.
  2. Bayonetta on the PlayStation 3 is simultaneously gratuitous, ludicrous, and great, but it's unfortunately held back from its potential by a number of technical issues.
  3. Bayonetta is a refreshing and somewhat surprising addition to an already extensive catalogue of action games. A must-buy for any anime gaming fan, and an excellent representation of the genre.