• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 8, 2013
8.1

1. Oct 9, 2013
    Ok so it's not a game like we are used to play...So??

But oh my god, this game is one of the best ever created! Every scene you play is great.We all like great movies right?So why not be part of one?

Do yourself a favour and get this game as soon as possible.

Thank you again David Cage.Thank you for this masterpiece!
  2. Oct 9, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls repeats what Heavy Rain did a few years ago. It shows a brilliant plot, stunning graphics and strong characters with an unusual fate. Such a game could appear only from Quantic Dream studio because those guys know better than others how to make you sit on the edge of your chair till the final credits.
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    Awesome graphics, beautiful gameplay, maybe a interactive novel, excellent characters great history you can felt joy, suffer and felt scary with the protagonist,
    good work for Quantic dream
  4. Oct 8, 2013
    Absolutely stunning and unique game. You will experience new variety of emotions with respect to Heavy Rain and with respect to all other games. Masterpiece and one of the mine favorite games now!
  5. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is fantastic! Just like heavy rain was and Indigo prophecy before it. Great graphics, story, gameplay everything! Everyone should play this game even if you're not a gamer experience this masterpiece! It's definitely worth the money reminds me a bit of the movie Carrie. Overall I recommend it I would say more but I'm not going to spoil things just know that you're not just buyingThis game is fantastic! Just like heavy rain was and Indigo prophecy before it. Great graphics, story, gameplay everything! Everyone should play this game even if you're not a gamer experience this masterpiece! It's definitely worth the money reminds me a bit of the movie Carrie. Overall I recommend it I would say more but I'm not going to spoil things just know that you're not just buying a game... You are getting an experience. Expand
  6. Oct 8, 2013
    Amazing experience, but I can't use the word game. This is an immersive storytelling masterpiece, interactive but not open. With a variety of endings and multitudes of choice throughout that serve to colour your experience rather than shape it, David Cage has taken what he learned in Heavy Rain and added polish. Page and Defoe provide excellent voice acting as you are taken on theAmazing experience, but I can't use the word game. This is an immersive storytelling masterpiece, interactive but not open. With a variety of endings and multitudes of choice throughout that serve to colour your experience rather than shape it, David Cage has taken what he learned in Heavy Rain and added polish. Page and Defoe provide excellent voice acting as you are taken on the life-long journey of Jodie and her imaginary friend Aiden. You spend the many hours uncovering the mystery of Jodie and her connection to this mysterious being that has shadowed her throughout her life.

Controls can be a bit jarring in one or two places, but QuanticDream made the interesting choice of not spoon-feeding them to you, leaving the player to figure out things on their own. This can be frustrating but is ultimately rewarding as you really feel accomplishment at what you achieve.

Amusingly many seem to have already missed the point of Beyond: Two Souls. This is not a game. If you want a sandbox, play Fallout or Skyrim, each excellent games in their own right. But here you are taking part in an immersive, interactive and stunning story. Be forewarned. Quite simply one of the best media experiences I've ever had.
  7. Oct 8, 2013
    Best cinematic game ever. Perfect graphics ,interesting story. The combat is really challenging. And the soundtrack is one of the best soundtracks in video games .
    This is the best Quantic Dream game untill now
  8. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is absolutely gorgeous and truly one magnificent piece of art. David Cage has delivered yet another step forward in the world of video games and for that he is applauded. This game is refreshing, bold and different. I recommend everyone to at least try the game once because although it might not be for everyone I can promise you that as soon as you begin the game you willThis game is absolutely gorgeous and truly one magnificent piece of art. David Cage has delivered yet another step forward in the world of video games and for that he is applauded. This game is refreshing, bold and different. I recommend everyone to at least try the game once because although it might not be for everyone I can promise you that as soon as you begin the game you will appreciate all the hard work put into this game. No spoilers or pros and cons in this review, this is just me letting you know that you should seriously consider giving this game a try. Expand
  9. Oct 8, 2013
    In a word: Awesome
    Graphics, animation, story, gameplay, musics... Everything is awesome.
    I found my game of the year without doubt.
    I plat with my wife, it's really good, she play jodie and I play aiden.
  10. Oct 8, 2013
    it is a truly unique experience that every gamer deserves to experience (even the critics too shallow and narrow minded to accept or comprehend it). dont listen to the haters of this game. there are many people who have this pretentious bias against ambitious cinematic, story centric games like this and also have a strong disdain for david cage. these conspiratorial individuals think he isit is a truly unique experience that every gamer deserves to experience (even the critics too shallow and narrow minded to accept or comprehend it). dont listen to the haters of this game. there are many people who have this pretentious bias against ambitious cinematic, story centric games like this and also have a strong disdain for david cage. these conspiratorial individuals think he is trying to erase all genres of gaming and will turn every game in existence into an interactive movie.

if you are not one of these people, and you are not going into this game with the sole intention of hating it, you will not only like this game, but love it. their claims that it is "a movie with no gameplay" are beyond ridiculous. there is more gameplay here than there was in heavy rain or the walking dead. Its graphics and presentation are the best the PS3 has to offer, bar none. even naughty dog's masterpeice "the last of us" isnt quite as polished in animations and visuals. the story is well paced, the characters well written, and the acting top notch. the game accomplishes what it sets out to do. no you wont be chopping off heads or shooting aliens. this is a rare genre and this game is the best it has to offer. try it for yourself.
  11. Oct 8, 2013
    Just, amazing I can't believe that this game run on a PS3 it's so beautiful.
    the story is just amazing too, and playing with the entity (Aiden) is really enjoyable.
  12. Oct 8, 2013
    It is very strange game that doesn`t look like anything else. You can love it or you can even hate it, depends on your tastes. But it`s absolutely clear that this game is another phenomena in gaming industry. Quantic Dream delivered something unexpected even for their fans.
  13. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is the reason why I sold xbox but still kept ps3. And it haven't failed me. Whoever loved Heavy rain can expect even better storytelling, incredible graphics, extraordinary atmosphere and really unique experience.
    I think that whoever have ps3 has to try at least demo, but beware, final game is much more interesting than demo.
    One of the five best games in this generation for
    One of the five best games in this generation for me with without the doubt best atmosphere.
  14. Oct 8, 2013
    A great game with a share of drama and a touch of mysticism. The gameplay is very interesting from the point of view of interaction between two characters,the game itself has a number of ways of development of the plot,natural variability, not so many as in heavy Rain,but it does not make the game worse.In conclusion to all I want to say that the game was a success and I don't understandA great game with a share of drama and a touch of mysticism. The gameplay is very interesting from the point of view of interaction between two characters,the game itself has a number of ways of development of the plot,natural variability, not so many as in heavy Rain,but it does not make the game worse.In conclusion to all I want to say that the game was a success and I don't understand who she might not like it one of the best games of the year 10/10 Expand
  15. Oct 8, 2013
    Simply put: not a game for the masses. I would hope everyone out there would be touched by it's message but as a "senior" player I know better. The story holds very deep thoughs about what lies beyond our world and how our world supposedly interacts with the other the one we don't know, but many do think it exists. Gameplay although intuitive can be a bit frustrating at first but one canSimply put: not a game for the masses. I would hope everyone out there would be touched by it's message but as a "senior" player I know better. The story holds very deep thoughs about what lies beyond our world and how our world supposedly interacts with the other the one we don't know, but many do think it exists. Gameplay although intuitive can be a bit frustrating at first but one can adopt to commands very swiftly. Graphics is top level and a thing to expect from this gen's most powerful game console. No compromises here. This equals for an excellent orchestra music. Without a doubt one of the most important(!) games till date. Expand
  16. Oct 8, 2013
    Beyond is an adventure that really touched me. Playing as Jodie and Aiden is real genious. Quantic Dream knows how to make interactive dramas. The most ambitous game of the year!
  17. Oct 8, 2013
    If you liked Heavy Rain you will love this game. It's not for everyone, but Quantic Dream is to be commended for aspiring to be something greater and far different than anything or anyone else in the industry.
    The graphics are absolutely next-gen quality,the characters are well developed, and the story and themes will make your heart break at times. Are there things I don't necessarily like? Sure, but Beyond:Two Souls greatly succeeds in spite of them. You become so wrapped up in Jodie's story that you not only deal with the flaws, but forget them completely.
    If the Last of Us showed you that emotions can be brought to life in a very real way, then Quantic Dreams' Beyond:Two Souls proves that it can permeate and completely saturate the entire length of a campaign.
  18. Oct 8, 2013
    Incredible game with really interesting, non-linear, storytelling system, charismatic characters, stunning visuals and great music. One of my favorite games this year. David Cage is a really master of his job.
  19. Oct 8, 2013
    And again, quantic dream created a new masterpiece in gaming, they never let us down in terms of interactive drama genre, all of the details of the game are so great from protagonist and the story, i am starting to like ellen page of her stunning beauty.
    The only thing makes bad in this games is the controls, it is not very suitable in ds3, but thanks to their app BEyond Touch for smartfones, the control interface of the game makes easier than using ds3
  20. Oct 8, 2013
    Best graphics, great game, history,. Simply the best. GOTY best graphics. Quantic Dream, congratulations for this work of art. For jealous people that are giving low note, my condolences.
  21. Oct 8, 2013
    Beyond the imagination, this game it`s so very very perfect, graphics, beutifull gameplay gta,cod, users not like this, because not shoot, not run, not online multiplayer) and the story it`s perfect, this game gona be, the game of the generation, not the overated GTA V.
  22. Oct 8, 2013
    One of the greatest experiences ever, just completed it only a few hours ago and already I want to replay it to see the (22) alternate endings!

Amazing game, you'd be stupid not to buy it assuming you love a good story.
  23. Oct 8, 2013
    Awesome game Great story, graphics and gameplay. Quantic Dream has crafted a really immersive and emotional experience, unlike any other I've played before. It's a must play.
  24. Oct 8, 2013
    Amazing game.How do I put this? Let me see. I played BEYOND and LOVED. l loved it.

Why? Because all this shooting, ridding, open world, headshot, deathmatch, all this stuff, IS VERY COOL, but it gets kinda boring after a while. WE NEED crazy diferent games like Heavy Rain and Beyond to unwind after GTA5, befor we can dive into WatchDogs. Then we need something crazy like South Park,

Why?

Because all this shooting, ridding, open world, headshot, deathmatch, all this stuff, IS VERY COOL, but it gets kinda boring after a while. WE NEED crazy diferent games like Heavy Rain and Beyond to unwind after GTA5, befor we can dive into WatchDogs. Then we need something crazy like South Park, befor we can go on to Killzone or Dead Rising 3.
    That is why I LOVE QUANTIC DREAM and David Cage.
    The graphics are amazing, the gameplay it THANK GOD diferent from the GTAs and CODs of this world, the history is unique and interesting, the game is fun,it drags you in and don´t let go, this is all I want from a game right now.
    Beyond is amazing, loved the demo, it really shows what kind of state our "game critics" are, they are getting more and more like music critics, giving 4 and 5s to the Bon Jovis and Def Leppards of the world and 9s and 10s to the REMs and U2s.
    I don´t care, I had enough with headshots and team deathmatches for this year, it is time to play something diferent: WELCOME BEYOND!
  25. Oct 8, 2013
    Nota 0 sem jogar? então tenho direito de dar nota 10 só pela coragem de se fazer jogos com propostas diferentes, vamos abrir a mente e sair do mesmo do mesmo. A DEMO já mostrou parte disso, espero ao final gostar ou não gostar, mas experimentar, quem disse que gostei do final de The Last of US? mas daria um 0 por que não era o que esperava?
  26. Oct 8, 2013
    Say what you want about "what is a game", but video games as an industry is YOUNG compared to other media. You would be a fool to miss out on this spectacular ride of a game that is changing how we interact with characters and story. Don't be a sheep.
  27. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is the best. David Cage is a genius. You should buy this game with your money because it is game of the year and David Cage is a genius. David Cage you genius.
  28. Oct 8, 2013
    I've never played a game that has emotionally moved me in multiple directions like this one has. Nor have a played a game that gives me the feeling that I have so much power at my fingertips than this one. So many choices I make are a reflection of who I am. This game is, in a word, engrossing. I can't put it down. My wife doesn't want me to play unless she can watch because she tooI've never played a game that has emotionally moved me in multiple directions like this one has. Nor have a played a game that gives me the feeling that I have so much power at my fingertips than this one. So many choices I make are a reflection of who I am. This game is, in a word, engrossing. I can't put it down. My wife doesn't want me to play unless she can watch because she too is engrossed in it. The acting is fantastic; the graphics are jaw-dropping, especially facial representations. The performances by all characters are super. Ellen Page and Willem Defoe are, of course, great. I really liked the homeless guy too. Playing as Aiden is intense and darkly satisfying at times. I think the camera movement for Aiden's first-person view is perfect. It gives the feel of floating or swaying back and forth like an entity, which he is. No rigid first-person mechanics here. David Cage and Quantic Dream have knocked another one out of the park with Beyond: Two Souls on all levels: gameplay, story, graphics. For me, highly anticipated and well-worth the wait. Expand
  29. Oct 8, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls is a great experience for me. Yes, this is not as great as Heavy Rain, but still it is a very good game. I can't give it lesser than 10.
  30. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is really awesome, a movie-game when chance the concepts of the industry, really serious and deep, is one game when or you love, or you hate, like heavy rain, but in my case, i really really love this one.
  31. Oct 8, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls is an incredibly emotional and stunning experience. Throughout the game you'll often find yourself tearing up, whether it is of joy or sadness. Quantic Dream managed to create a game that binds you to its characters like few games are able to. Ellen Page's and Willem Dafoe's performance is incredible and really adds to the atmosphere. The story is really thrilling andBeyond Two Souls is an incredibly emotional and stunning experience. Throughout the game you'll often find yourself tearing up, whether it is of joy or sadness. Quantic Dream managed to create a game that binds you to its characters like few games are able to. Ellen Page's and Willem Dafoe's performance is incredible and really adds to the atmosphere. The story is really thrilling and switches from brutal action to everyday life. A unique, story-driven experience for every open-minded gamer out there. Expand
  32. Oct 8, 2013
    Awesome game so far, awesome story and magnificent characters.
    After playing like 3 hours, i enjoyed everything in this game, from level design, to voice acting, emotions feel like real.
  33. Oct 8, 2013
    Wonderful graphics.
    Beautiful story.
    **** choices.
    Awesome gameplay.
    Awesome OST.
    Beyond Two Souls is the best game of all times, and obviously the Game of the Year.
  34. Oct 8, 2013
    What a beautiful game! For those of you who are unfamiliar with this type of game, it's a lot like a choose your own adventure book. They give you choices and opportunities and the results fold out into your story. Excellent storytelling Quantic Dream!
  35. Oct 8, 2013
    Good evening editors of magazines and websites i want reminds you this game on current generation and if there any game else should take low rate its GTA5! rated 9.7 just because its foolish and full of dirty language glitches and stupid story! but its good enough for American!
    Everyone rate this game under 9 shouldn't play games or name him self editor?
  36. Oct 8, 2013
    Perfect Graphics, Perfect History, perfect plot, this game is a GOTY. The actors make a good interpretations, the options that Jodie can make in the game are awesome.

Trolls of metacritic, stop make stupid opinions.
  37. Oct 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is just the most fantastic game i ever played, it worth every minute!! The story is amazing and there is so much emotion i just love every minute i spend to play it! Expand
  38. Oct 8, 2013
    Excellent Game! Great graphics, great story, great acting by Ellen Page and William Dafoe! Very excellent and intuitive controls. Overall another amazing game made by Quantic Dream! BETTER THAN HEAVY RAIN!!! 10 out of 10. It did NOT deserve a 6 out of 10 from IGN. It deserves a 10 out of 10! Props to Gamespot for giving it a 9 out of 10.
  39. Oct 8, 2013
    NEVER in all my years have I seen a game like Beyond: Two Souls. I just wished it was on PC. It is the game of the decade. People talk about games like Call Of Duty(Great Game), GTA(Another Great Game) and Fifa, but all these games are either about killing, living a reckless gangstar life or sports(not that their bad). We've seen them all, and frankly, we've grown used to and tired ofNEVER in all my years have I seen a game like Beyond: Two Souls. I just wished it was on PC. It is the game of the decade. People talk about games like Call Of Duty(Great Game), GTA(Another Great Game) and Fifa, but all these games are either about killing, living a reckless gangstar life or sports(not that their bad). We've seen them all, and frankly, we've grown used to and tired of them. But Beyond: Two Souls is just what we need now. A game which has different storylines based on the player's decisions? Awesome! Having to be a human (Jodie) and an entity Aiden)? Double Awesome! And to be able to connect with the characters and truly understand them? Triple Awesome. I'm more of a critic but this is the only game I've seen that's better than GTA V, Assassin's Creed 3 and Call Of Duty 6. It's PERFECT! Expand
  40. Oct 13, 2013
    Hard to know that most negative reviews here made because of popular critics. Game is very good. Great story that raise interesting themes and gives tons of different emotions. I just had a great pleasure when i played this game. And now i only hope that David Cage won't stop make games only because of critics and negative.
  41. Oct 12, 2013
    I think the problem with reviewing something like Beyond is that some judge it as a movie, others as a game, but it really isn't either exactly. from a purely mechanical point of view, the game is very conservative and you might not get the same satisfaction as playing a game like call of duty. Yet, the game has shooting mechanics, and stealth sections, and some sections where you makeI think the problem with reviewing something like Beyond is that some judge it as a movie, others as a game, but it really isn't either exactly. from a purely mechanical point of view, the game is very conservative and you might not get the same satisfaction as playing a game like call of duty. Yet, the game has shooting mechanics, and stealth sections, and some sections where you make choices. This is for the most part a guided experience, however you will be able to craft certain situations in different ways to vary up second playthroughs. beyond has all the trappings of any modern day gaming experience, but it is how to takes the player from A to Z that is different, unique, and worth seeing for anyone interested. Expand
  42. Oct 12, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls gives the opportunity to live a different life and reflect on their own I can not find words to express the emotions of all who feel but I will try .
    David Cage You have created yet another exhibit of art. No idea what you went through in your life, but Beyond: Two Souls are exactly reproduced in all the emotions behind the screen I am deeply sorry for you and your family You have created something of genius that defies adequate criticism. Bravo !
    Themes of good and evil, heaven and hell life and death elevate Beyond: Two Souls to the top of the works created by man. Amazing music and amazing acting. Incredible story and depth of thought touched the conscious and subconscious and our humanity .
    Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls is not a game, it is an art and he belongs in the Louvre next to the Mona Lisa This is the best digital creations in the history of mankind. This is better than the movie and what ever played. It is something of an absolute genre. Absolute genre a genre that defies criticism of subjective thinking covering all known genres into a whole and is not one of them. Heavy Rain evokes emotions on the mental level. It's a drama that has to be experienced felt. evaluate every look, every gesture, intonation facial expressions lips, face, body and to empathize into the role The mystery of art and it is Heavy Rain. Beyond: Two Souls continues the narrative genius It is the model of interactive art Surely only antique dealers pay attention to gestures and hints of Beyond: Two Souls. We are given the opportunity to try on roles a person with unique abilities but not a superman but a sort of a black sheep The animation is very thin because of what this side of the screen there is a discomfort of being in the company of ordinary people because Jodie had a normal childhood Empathize with her ​​the first few seconds when the doctor called her on the edge of the lips smiling experiment subtle hints and genius thus making it clear that he sympathizes with the girl and that kind of thing does not happen the first time. Jody reluctantly follows him to leave the artificial room, where she was born and grew up. Normal office furnished in the form of a child And this kind gestures game presents over and over again Every emotion Jody and the world around her is transferred to us on this side of the screen. And this genius. Like Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls to experience and feel with every fiber of his soul. The maximum score and one of the absolute standard of the genre. Bravo
  43. Oct 12, 2013
    This Interactive Experience is near perfection. I have always been a fan of the the art created by Quantic Dream. To be able to feel the emotion created by this story as if i were actually there. The story was amazing. The interactive interface i found confusing at times where moving the analog stick in the correct direction. This could have been just me and user error. I give this 9This Interactive Experience is near perfection. I have always been a fan of the the art created by Quantic Dream. To be able to feel the emotion created by this story as if i were actually there. The story was amazing. The interactive interface i found confusing at times where moving the analog stick in the correct direction. This could have been just me and user error. I give this 9 thumbs up. Creations of Quantic Dream should be a genre of their own. Any Negative reviews i found where chalked up the the users misconception and understanding the difference between a game and an interactive experience. Expand
  44. Oct 20, 2013
    Stunning. Along with TLOU, one of the greatest games of this generation. This is a mature, character driven, emotional narrative. You really feel for Jodie and her inability to lead a normal life. Excellent performances by Page and Dafoe. Ellen Page should get an award for her part in this. Great motion capture and the most beautiful graphics on PS3. This really shows you what gaming isStunning. Along with TLOU, one of the greatest games of this generation. This is a mature, character driven, emotional narrative. You really feel for Jodie and her inability to lead a normal life. Excellent performances by Page and Dafoe. Ellen Page should get an award for her part in this. Great motion capture and the most beautiful graphics on PS3. This really shows you what gaming is capable of. Gripping Expand
  45. Oct 16, 2013
    Interactive narrative for me leads people into games differently however for me this was the pinnacle of what I want in a game a story I loved with incredible voice acting and drastically improved graphics from Heavy Rain. This is my game of the generation in my opinion the ultimate swan song for the PS3.
  46. Oct 20, 2013
    This isn't a game so much as an experience. Not only is this one of the best presented games on this generation of consoles, it arguably has some of the most powerful storytelling available in modern gaming. Whether you buy, rent or borrow, this game is a must play.

Looking forward to playing Quantic dreams next entry.
  47. Dec 30, 2013
    It saddens me when I see the negativity that is associated with this game because Beyond: Two Souls was nothing short of an emotional roller coaster that took me through the life of Jodie Holmes, a protagonist that I grew to care about significantly. The journey this game took me through made me believe that my decisions mattered and were significant in understanding the importance ofIt saddens me when I see the negativity that is associated with this game because Beyond: Two Souls was nothing short of an emotional roller coaster that took me through the life of Jodie Holmes, a protagonist that I grew to care about significantly. The journey this game took me through made me believe that my decisions mattered and were significant in understanding the importance of right and wrong. I felt as if the characters I met playing along this journey as Jodie truly developed her character and created a depth to the overall experience. There were many moments that simultaneously made me feel the same emotions that Jodie was feeling in response to an event that may have occurred or a significant plot point which was surprising to say the least.

Beyond: Two Souls is special, it is a unique tale that deserves recognition for what it has accomplished. The entirety of the story should be experienced first hand in order to understand the captivating potential of the type of medium this game uses to engage the player. This game drained me emotionally which is a feat few games have done in the past and this is why it will be treasured. I can only urge others to not disregard Beyond: Two Souls as it so much more than a game, rather it is a masterful work of art.
  48. Oct 20, 2013
    I'm giving it a 10 because it does what it sets out to do perfectly.
    People are come expecting a game or a movie and its not either of them. It's an interactive story that uses a game as its medium because lets face it, as a book or movie it would be crap.
    Critics fail to see that just because its medium is a game, it doesn't have to be reviewed as such. The overall story despite being
    I'm giving it a 10 because it does what it sets out to do perfectly.
    The overall story despite being interesting is not very good, what is very good is the story of every separate mission. The 'game' could be told as 20 fantastic short stories.
    obviously voice acting and character appearance are great.
    The character of Jodie is very well thought out. i did care about Jodie. this lead to me making decisions i think Jodie would make, not what i'd like her to make.
    Aiden is a something I don't think I've seen done before and actually adds some good mechanics to a game thats not about mechanics. When you learn that thing about Aiden then think about all the things he's done for you despite that thing.
    If i was rating this as a game it'd score low but I'm not so taking what it is into account, its a ten
  49. Oct 17, 2013
    Forget about what all the tight-ass reviewers say (We're looking at you IGN!), this game is a perfect example of what interactive storytelling should be. Any old idiot should be able to understand the non-linear story-line and everyone should be able to enjoy the way that game lets interact with the flow of the narrative. However, there are some people who just can't seem to fabricate aForget about what all the tight-ass reviewers say (We're looking at you IGN!), this game is a perfect example of what interactive storytelling should be. Any old idiot should be able to understand the non-linear story-line and everyone should be able to enjoy the way that game lets interact with the flow of the narrative. However, there are some people who just can't seem to fabricate a reasonable opinion on this game. I know some have different ways of thinking than others but this game brought out so many emotions in me and made me feel like I was having a huge say and part in what was happening in the narrative. I thoroughly enjoyed this game and its 22 alternate endings (who says it isnt interactive enough!?) and would recommend it to anyone who is able to properly appreciate excellent writing and an overall excellent game Expand
  50. Oct 16, 2013
    One of the best experience ever in PS3. This a game and it's a movie, a game-movie or movie-game, so do not be deceived or desapointed. Great story and awesome graphics! One of the most beautiful and thrilling game I ever played.
  51. Oct 18, 2013
    I certainly wouldn't want every game to be like Beyond and Heavy Rain (which seems to be DC's vision) but in a sea of CoD clones and other generic titles, this is once again a nice change of pace and at this point, you really have to support any major developer that tries to do something different. Looking forward to Quantic's first PS4 title.
  52. Oct 14, 2013
    Emotional, amazing. This is really a masterpiece. For me, this is one of the best games of the last decade! Thank you Quantic Dream! The ending of the game is simply amazing!!!
    From Russia with love!
  53. Oct 14, 2013
    Really stunning storyline and a great replay value experience. I don't know what reviews giving this game a low grade are looking for. If you liked Heavy Rain this game will overcome you expectations... If don't like HR you should give a try. The gameplay is not so confusing like the bad grades says, you just need to observe Jodie during the action. The action scenes are intense and theReally stunning storyline and a great replay value experience. I don't know what reviews giving this game a low grade are looking for. If you liked Heavy Rain this game will overcome you expectations... If don't like HR you should give a try. The gameplay is not so confusing like the bad grades says, you just need to observe Jodie during the action. The action scenes are intense and the horror parts are great. DON'T MISS. Expand
  54. Oct 14, 2013
    Let me start by saying this game is not for everyone. This is not your normal action-adventure, it is more like a interactive movie. The story in this game is very rich and you follow Jodie Holmes through bad and good times. Many of the characters have good voice actors and the game is a great journey. The Graphics in this game are very good. It is probably one of best looking console gameLet me start by saying this game is not for everyone. This is not your normal action-adventure, it is more like a interactive movie. The story in this game is very rich and you follow Jodie Holmes through bad and good times. Many of the characters have good voice actors and the game is a great journey. The Graphics in this game are very good. It is probably one of best looking console game of this generation. In the end I really recommend this game. Expand
  55. Oct 16, 2013
    Everything about this game is beautiful! I can't remember the last time I didn't want to put the controller down. Quanticdream does an outstanding job of keeping the player interested in the story and the visuals are absolutely stunning. If you like Heavy Rain you will LOVE Beyond Two Souls!
  56. Oct 16, 2013
    This game is one of the best and now it's my favorite. Seriously, everything is cool, but the best thing about the game is the emotion, the emotion! in a game you felt them for the last time? Yes, the game is not as brilliant as the heavy rain, but that does not mean that it is bad. This is the best game of the year, as well as compulsory acquisition for each owner of a PS3, and indeedThis game is one of the best and now it's my favorite. Seriously, everything is cool, but the best thing about the game is the emotion, the emotion! in a game you felt them for the last time? Yes, the game is not as brilliant as the heavy rain, but that does not mean that it is bad. This is the best game of the year, as well as compulsory acquisition for each owner of a PS3, and indeed every human inhabiting our planet Expand
  57. Oct 17, 2013
    No matter what everyone say, the game has made all my expectations true.
    Strong plot, amazing graphics, great actors!
    In my opinion, not everyone can understand this game as it.
    And it's a pity that there are so many negative reviews, I just don't get it...
  58. Oct 18, 2013
    Such a game with outstanding performance by ellen page and william defoe should be available on all platforms so that everyone tries this great game. The story and soundtracks are so good they cover for the gameplay, but this game and quantic dream just focus on the story. They want to give you a great story regardless of anything else. If you liked heavy rain get this. 9/10
  59. Oct 18, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls has great graphics and characters that you actually feel something for. I really enjoyed the feel of the game, like an interactive movie, and the way it plays with your feelings is pretty amazing. It's a really good game and it won't disappoint you.
  60. Oct 19, 2013
    Quantic Dreams, Beyond Two Souls is a monumental step forward for the gaming industry. If there ever was an argument against those who claim a video game could never be a work of art, or to be dismissed as frivolous and undeserving of respect ..This is it. Buy it.
  61. Dec 24, 2013
    My PS3 Game of the Year for 2013! Wow! The realism blew me away. To think this level of graphics and life-like character modelling is possible on a piece of outdated hardware (yes, the PS3), is unbelievable. Sure, I've just completed The Last of Us before playing this. But, wow, I didn't expect to be more amazed at this game. The emotions that is conveyed through the digitized version ofMy PS3 Game of the Year for 2013! Wow! The realism blew me away. To think this level of graphics and life-like character modelling is possible on a piece of outdated hardware (yes, the PS3), is unbelievable. Sure, I've just completed The Last of Us before playing this. But, wow, I didn't expect to be more amazed at this game. The emotions that is conveyed through the digitized version of Ellen Page is so strong. I cried at a few of the more touching junctures. You know, I love movies, but to be able to be a part of a movie, and have your decisions and actions affect the "movie", is really somethin special. I want a sequel to this beautiful interactive "movie". I love everything about this game, except the story was being told in a haphazard manner where the sequence of events are not played out in chronological manner, but in a jumbled-up manner. In conclusion, this is one unique game. Totally worth the experience! Expand
  62. Nov 11, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls is an exceptional videogame. From a narrative standpoint, it really truly delivers upon David Cage's storytelling ambition. Past games like Heavy Rain have always had good intentions but have never been able to sustain coherence or quality through their playtimes. Beyond Two Souls, whilst definitely having the odd rocky moment (an occasional blip of stupidity here, aBeyond Two Souls is an exceptional videogame. From a narrative standpoint, it really truly delivers upon David Cage's storytelling ambition. Past games like Heavy Rain have always had good intentions but have never been able to sustain coherence or quality through their playtimes. Beyond Two Souls, whilst definitely having the odd rocky moment (an occasional blip of stupidity here, a meaningless interlude there), manages to convince and hold the interest. This is partially due to the way in which the tension is ratcheted up during the final third. Oh yes, the climaxes in Beyond Two Souls are of the truly unforgettable style. It would, of course, be a gross disservice to not point out the excellent vocal performances of Ellen Paige and Willem Dafoe; they really sell their characters with expertise. But the supporting cast, most notably the unsung souls that portray Cole and Ryan also do a fantastic job. The graphical output of the game is impressive but not in a "these are the best graphics I've ever seen on PS3!" sort of way. It looks great but there are certainly PS3 games that look better (The Last of Us, for example). The art design is terrific at times. There's obviously a deep seated love of Sci-Fi at the root of the title and you can catch little visual cues from the likes of Alien, The Abyss, The Thing and many more. Gameplay and control wise, Beyond Two Souls can be a bit hit-or-miss. Earlier sequences in the game (particularly the montage and stealth training sequence) can border on the awful. Likewise, the general way that Jodie controls like a tank in a confined space doesn't help immersion much. However, later QTE fights prove to be excellent and exciting and the one section where you properly implement your stealth training is surprisingly fun. Overall, I came away from Beyond Two Souls with my mouth agape, my eyes brimming with tears and my body eager for another playthrough. Well done Quantic Dream! Excellent stuff indeed. Expand
  63. Dec 21, 2013
    As soon as I completed this game I felt compelled to write a review so here I am. Put short beyond two souls is feaking amazing, the character development, the story, graphics, audio everything is top notch and so well done the game is nothing short of a masterpiece and quite easily my favourite game of this generation by quite a distance. Its hard to describe just how good this game is.As soon as I completed this game I felt compelled to write a review so here I am. Put short beyond two souls is feaking amazing, the character development, the story, graphics, audio everything is top notch and so well done the game is nothing short of a masterpiece and quite easily my favourite game of this generation by quite a distance. Its hard to describe just how good this game is. Word of warning though this game is all about the story, so if stories arent your thing and your prefer open world games etc then look elsewhere Expand
  64. Dec 23, 2013
    I tried, twice so far, to get into Heavy Rain, and it just didn't click with me. However, Beyond: Two Souls, was, imo, a fantastic ride. While the story did, at some points, go a bit too far out, even for me, I still enjoyed it immensely, and ontop of that the mocap, voice acting, lip sync, graphics, aesthetics, soundscape was all amazing. With regards to the story I would have liked it toI tried, twice so far, to get into Heavy Rain, and it just didn't click with me. However, Beyond: Two Souls, was, imo, a fantastic ride. While the story did, at some points, go a bit too far out, even for me, I still enjoyed it immensely, and ontop of that the mocap, voice acting, lip sync, graphics, aesthetics, soundscape was all amazing. With regards to the story I would have liked it to be more coherent, but I guess it fits the story as broken and chaotic as it is, also that does give a break in the combat/action sequences. All in all this was a great game, or maybe rather experience, I cannot wait for the next quantic dream title for that hopefully is being made for PS4. This year saw me buy both a PS3 and a PS4 (previously exclusively PC gamer), definitely not regretting going with sony here, keep 'em comin'. Expand
  65. Oct 11, 2013
    I knew this one is definitly not a game for everyone.

I knew this one is definitly not a game for everyone.

The graphics are just beautiful, the acting is pretty good and the story is exciting. I watched myself playing this game for 6 hours non-stop because the rememberable moments just didn't stop coming. It's a extremely immersive adventure well... if you're into those kinda emotional stories. There's little action and the controls are original and not more than unusual but very, very far from "unplayable" like some people are suggesting.

Like Heavy Rain and The Walking Dead Beyond: Two Souls has little gameplay, but great, emotional storytelling. And in the end of the day... not everyone just loves to enjoy a good story with an original way of playing rather than having powerful, actionpacked gameplay with familiar controls.
  66. Jan 1, 2014
    You can not go into this game expecting any other sort of game. This is not a game about combat, and sandbox features. This is a purely story driven game.
    Don't judge Mario for the story, Don't judge Call of Duty for historical accuracy, Don't judge this game because it's unlike others.
  67. Oct 14, 2013
    I almost didn't buy this game because of the mixed reviews- but did it based on Heavy Rain, which also was received in a similar fashion. I'm glad I did. This is not a perfect game by any means and probably many COD fans (for instance) will hate it. But it's extremely unique, and the production values are stellar. The story was surprising for me, and once I got used to the fragmented wayI almost didn't buy this game because of the mixed reviews- but did it based on Heavy Rain, which also was received in a similar fashion. I'm glad I did. This is not a perfect game by any means and probably many COD fans (for instance) will hate it. But it's extremely unique, and the production values are stellar. The story was surprising for me, and once I got used to the fragmented way it was told, I thought it was strong.

The characters are very likeable- which is a huge plus to me- and as everyone has said, performances are top notch.

Some will not like this because it isn't a conventional video game- but then I have never had any interest in GTA or COD, so I suppose one video game type doesn't suit us all. We're pretty lucky to live in a world where Beyond can get made. I hope they're rewarded for taking a chance.
  68. Oct 11, 2013
    Brings Gaming to a whole new level as a story telling medium. The acting/ mocap and realism of the characters and level of detail that went through to making this game is astounding. Not to mention the graphics are the best on consoles to date.
  69. Oct 12, 2013
    Game of the Year for me. Ellen Page and William Dafoe were transcendent. Quantic Dream have done the impossible. The game made me sad (many of times), laugh, and nervous. I have never felt that kind of emotion from a video game. Thank you for the amazing experience and thank you Playstation for keeping TRUE storytelling in gaming alive. These types of games make the Playstation ecosystemGame of the Year for me. Ellen Page and William Dafoe were transcendent. Quantic Dream have done the impossible. The game made me sad (many of times), laugh, and nervous. I have never felt that kind of emotion from a video game. Thank you for the amazing experience and thank you Playstation for keeping TRUE storytelling in gaming alive. These types of games make the Playstation ecosystem the special place that it is to play games. The graphics and the gameplay were fantastic and people that are complaining about the gameplay need to go back to their shooters. This type of experience is for a mature audience that can handle narrative without a gun. I really am lost for words. All i can say is Thank You and please SONY, lets think about adding QD as a first party. Expand
  70. Oct 14, 2013
    Excellent storytelling, awesome animations. Amazing how they motion captured so much feelings in just walking! Very nice facial animation, though some models seems a bit stiff and boring. Not the most surprising story, but gives good value still. Even if its not completely a linear narrative story, its fairly easy to link all the pieces of the story and kind of get the idea where the storyExcellent storytelling, awesome animations. Amazing how they motion captured so much feelings in just walking! Very nice facial animation, though some models seems a bit stiff and boring. Not the most surprising story, but gives good value still. Even if its not completely a linear narrative story, its fairly easy to link all the pieces of the story and kind of get the idea where the story heading. Maybe Ive just seen to much films?

What interested me the most with the game, was how they managed to go seamless between cinematics and gameplay. And even in gameplay it kind of felt like seeing a film. That was also a problem, since I ended with almost forget to press the controller when it was time for me to take control.

Best cinematic game I played so far. Thought that may also be the only problem with it too; that the little gameplay feels a bit boring. Though the gameplay feels more natural after a while, it never really feels it suits the game.

Have only played through once, so looking forward to see more of the alternative story elements.

May not be everyones cup of tea, but its a star in this type of game/interactive movie. If you hate it, you are probably not used to think a bit outside your normal comfort zone. If you love it you are more interesting in seeing a film/playing a film then playing a game... Good that not all games are made for everyone!
  71. Oct 11, 2013
    After each hour spent on this game, I get different emotions, sometimes it's sadness, joy, loneliness, despair.
    Project is unique, but not for everyone.
    The actors are great, good story, good music, graphics and design are lovely. ambitious project.
  72. Oct 13, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls is an epic game that tells an awesome story. The game has the best graphics of this console generation, the acting is great, the plot too. If you are a movie fan and you don't mind the Heavy Rain type of gameplay with more things to do (like stealth runs or controlling a vehicle), you just have to buy this game! You won't regret this.
  73. Dec 20, 2013
    Excellent acting by Ellen Page, Willem Defoe and other main characters were good, minor characters weren’t as good, but I feel like Ellen Page's performance really helped sell the game and I would say she probably has one of the best performances in any video game so far. The story is interesting with paranormal and some sci fi element, though the nonsequential story doesn’t really help inExcellent acting by Ellen Page, Willem Defoe and other main characters were good, minor characters weren’t as good, but I feel like Ellen Page's performance really helped sell the game and I would say she probably has one of the best performances in any video game so far. The story is interesting with paranormal and some sci fi element, though the nonsequential story doesn’t really help in all instances. It feels all over the place, especially with there being smaller plots that don’t all have something to do with each other. The Navajo storyline, for the most part, seems like it has little to do with the rest of the game. Another complaint is that the game feels slow at times. I do like Jodie’s character, it’s more believable than Lara Croft. They train Jodie, which explains why she can take on bigger guys during the fight sequences. And because I can make the choices for her, she’s not going to be dumb and run back to a guy who manipulated her. The controls are better than Heavy Rain but still janky with lots of QTEs. Don’t like the combat because it's hard to tell which direction to press at times. Puzzles are very simple, and because there are few things to interact with, there isn’t much challenge to the puzzles. No way to lose. Rather than choices resulting to different consequences, the choices just customize the story. The Somalia level was really well designed. Really great looking faces. Animations are also really good. Walk animations and body language, though the walking gets in the way of the gameplay. Overall I feel like the game really sold it because of Ellen Page and the story was interesting to me. This is not a game for everyone. If gameplay is important to you, this might not be the game for you. I don't want to call this a movie because the interaction helps sell the immersion. I really enjoyed this game. Expand
  74. Oct 13, 2013
    Honestly, I do not understand the validity of the claims of Western and domestic media to Beyond: Two souls. David Cage's work can not be called a masterpiece or some breakthrough in the field of interactive cinema or games such as Heavy Rain, Fahrenheit. But to call any consumer goods or second-class game do not dare In fact, for me it is an example of a great movie which we did notHonestly, I do not understand the validity of the claims of Western and domestic media to Beyond: Two souls. David Cage's work can not be called a masterpiece or some breakthrough in the field of interactive cinema or games such as Heavy Rain, Fahrenheit. But to call any consumer goods or second-class game do not dare In fact, for me it is an example of a great movie which we did not spare money in the movie, and make us think about some of the eternal themes that we care about Many players and journalists throw feces in the game for that alleged in the game and the gameplay is a soap Kintz To some extent they are right, you do not include it has no gameplay It's really a movie, but marked as interactive And this interactivity allows us to find yourself in the shoes of the main characters Jodie and Aiden and to feel more deeply the relationship between them. The plot is the same in my opinion, is gorgeous, and nothing does not yield the stories of "The last of us" and "Bioshock". He constantly keeps the tension and makes us empathize with the main characters One of the biggest drawbacks is the way of the narrative of the plot the constant movement in time that does not allow us to focus on a character in a specific period of time and to some extent it takes away from the perception of the story. As for the guest stars they do not knowingly eat their own bread. Ellen Page is really a talented actress, despite her antics And Willem Dafoe I think generally no one should doubt This product is not a good or bad ending, there is only a choice, and that choice can sometimes be the most important decision of your life. Expand
  75. Oct 12, 2013
    Beyond Two Souls is the best way for Sony to end the Playstation 3 era, this is not a video game it is an experience...an experience any gamer,movie or tv lover HAS to experience. Quantic Dream are one of the only company's to make me feel emotion through out their productions, be it anger, sadness happiness and its consistently on par with the protagonist emotion. The ending is brilliantBeyond Two Souls is the best way for Sony to end the Playstation 3 era, this is not a video game it is an experience...an experience any gamer,movie or tv lover HAS to experience. Quantic Dream are one of the only company's to make me feel emotion through out their productions, be it anger, sadness happiness and its consistently on par with the protagonist emotion. The ending is brilliant and as always once the credits roll you immediately are overwhelmed with satisfaction in your purchase of their product.But also you should expect the ending and characters to linger in your thoughts for weeks to come.One word....Perfect 10/10! Expand
  76. Oct 13, 2013
    good work for Quantic dream
  77. Oct 12, 2013
    Awesome Graphics. Intense Story. Epic Characters. This was like a Tv Series in A Game, which i normally dont like, but this Game is Amazing. This is in the same league as The Last Of Us..
  78. Oct 12, 2013
    From its hyper realistic sweat pores to its startlingly beautiful soundtrack, Beyond is an experience you do not want to pass up. For starters, on the debate for is this a video game, I'd like to point out that video games has become a wide varied genre. Is this included? To put it simply, yes. Don't believe me? Well. For all the people reviewing the game, who then call it not a game, butFrom its hyper realistic sweat pores to its startlingly beautiful soundtrack, Beyond is an experience you do not want to pass up. For starters, on the debate for is this a video game, I'd like to point out that video games has become a wide varied genre. Is this included? To put it simply, yes. Don't believe me? Well. For all the people reviewing the game, who then call it not a game, but critique its GAMEplay. Think.
    Now for my opinion. This game is a masterpiece, flawed slightly but nonetheless something unique. The best description for it is it isn't a 'gamers game'. By that I mean, its not for those who love their shoot em ups, driving games or sandbox type ones. I do enjoy those games, but I'm heavily open minded. Beyond is described as an interactive story, and it is, but games have been interactive stories for near a decade now. The Last of Us. Tomb Raider. Bioshock Infinite. Story is a driving force in the gaming world now and Beyond doesn't disappoint. Its tragic, its warm, cold, funny, heartbreaking, terrifying. Its throws emotions at you and your helpless but to feel. This is only strengthened by the acting capabilities of all the characters in the game, in particularly Ellen Page as Jodie Holmes. Ellen breathes life into this game, and it isn't hard to believe she was nominated for an Oscar. As for gameplay, the only trouble I had was with a dodgy camera angle, otherwise its simple, fun and taken time with, exhilarating. But like I said, this game wont appeal to everyone.
    Honestly though, buy it. Whether you like the look of it or don't, its an experience that will have you talking no matter what.
    A final gem for the PS3, an easy ten out of ten.
  79. Oct 13, 2013
    Emotions of the character played are felt in almost every scene, which is a hard thing to accomplish in a game or a move.
    Unique setting and story, amazing graphics and memorable characters make the journey unforgettable.
    Not everyone plays fps or car games, not everyone should play beyond. It's really hard to explain what some people scoring low were expecting getting this quantic dream game.
  80. Oct 10, 2013
    I really liked it alot. This generations best animated sequences of QTE´s and while i hate QTE i troughly enojoyed them alot more than anything else prior to this title involving those mechanics. If you like stories. your gonna love this one, and it helps alot to go trough someones life from the age of 8 23.
  81. Oct 10, 2013
    For someone who has always liked story and graphics or revolutionary mechanics, I thoroughly enjoyed B2S. I never really noticed bad writing throughout the play through and the acting and mo capping was well done. My only problem with the game was that in one section the game was too dark to see where you were going (brightening the screen and using Aiden fixed that), and sometimes theFor someone who has always liked story and graphics or revolutionary mechanics, I thoroughly enjoyed B2S. I never really noticed bad writing throughout the play through and the acting and mo capping was well done. My only problem with the game was that in one section the game was too dark to see where you were going (brightening the screen and using Aiden fixed that), and sometimes the direction quicktime events were a little unclear. Highly recommend it if you are big into story, graphics, and Ellen Page. Expand
  82. Oct 11, 2013
    after some low scores i went with a down expectations the game is great its one of the best games i played this year just kept me hook if you like good history you will enjoy this
  83. Oct 11, 2013
    Absolutely amazing story. I was worried at first because of some of the hate that some reviewers put out, but I can see now that they either don't like story games (which it was heavily advertised as) or they are bitter that its ps3 exclusive (I actually borrowed a friend's ps3 just to play it).

The visuals are stunning, the story really drew me in, and most importantly, I cared about all the characters. The game sucks you in and leaves you wondering what Jodie could possibly face next, and how it all ties in to the bigger picture. Thats another thing. The story plays out almost in Cloud Atlas fashion, jumping around in different portions of Jodie's life, until a unified theme with a strong message is clear at the end, where all of your choices add up.

All in all, an amazing game and a must play if you have a ps3 (or in my case, if you don't). Owning this game is like owning a piece of art.
  84. Oct 11, 2013
    The math here is simple: if you liked Heavy Rain and/or Indigo Prophecy, you gonna love Beyond Two Souls. If you didn't like Indigo Prophecy and/or Heavy Rain, you have a great chance to dislike Beyond Two Souls. And that's it. It's not a typical game, it's not for everyone, the gameplay is very simple, almost like a interactive movie, but the game grabs you with its great story tellingThe math here is simple: if you liked Heavy Rain and/or Indigo Prophecy, you gonna love Beyond Two Souls. If you didn't like Indigo Prophecy and/or Heavy Rain, you have a great chance to dislike Beyond Two Souls. And that's it. It's not a typical game, it's not for everyone, the gameplay is very simple, almost like a interactive movie, but the game grabs you with its great story telling and awesome graphics as well. Playing the demo version just gives you a glimpse of what Beyond has to offer. If you're in for a great story and wants to get emotional with it, do your self a favor and play Beyond Two Souls. Expand
  85. Oct 12, 2013
    This game may not have the worlds most solid gameplay, and sometimes it feels forced, but the story was so compelling I couldn't put it down and when the end came I was sad that it had come to a close, my ending was so satisfying, if i could forget it all and go through it again I would without question, for me films and games have become more and more about the story and this justThis game may not have the worlds most solid gameplay, and sometimes it feels forced, but the story was so compelling I couldn't put it down and when the end came I was sad that it had come to a close, my ending was so satisfying, if i could forget it all and go through it again I would without question, for me films and games have become more and more about the story and this just reinforces my opinion that games are pushing forward in this field. In all, I loved Beyond: Two Souls and never want to forget how much of a success it was to me, it makes me wish my opinion mattered more to people outside my circle of friends, because nobody should miss out on this story. It saddens me to hear people criticize Cages writing for this. Its by no means perfect, but it was, in my eyes at least, beautiful, and I'm so grateful I've been able to experience it, thank you Quantic Dream, sincerely. Expand
  86. Oct 13, 2013
    AWESOME GAME. the graphics are STUNNING and the gameplay can be emotional. It is very well thought and you could choose to lead your own path by choosing the options that they give you.
  87. Oct 13, 2013
    Unique game, great story, great actors, music, voice all at the highest level. The story really touched. Characters are native. It was hard to say goodbye to it. Thank you, Quantic Dream
  88. Oct 13, 2013
    This game is not for everyone. Especially if you have a problem getting emotionally attached to characters or have no idea what immersion is. Although David Cage does like to start his bar HIGH and do SO much with a game, not everyone can grasp it completely. Most of the gripes I see from other people are the controls, has no one even looked at the digital manual? We don't need tutorialThis game is not for everyone. Especially if you have a problem getting emotionally attached to characters or have no idea what immersion is. Although David Cage does like to start his bar HIGH and do SO much with a game, not everyone can grasp it completely. Most of the gripes I see from other people are the controls, has no one even looked at the digital manual? We don't need tutorial levels for everything.

I personally had no issues with the controls. And since we're not dealing with multiple protagonists, a la Heavy Rain, we can focus on a single timeline and not have to worry about plot holes. But that's the hard part about making a game about choices and having different results because of those choices. And I think THAT is the point people don't see. It's not about being an action game, or an interactive movie. The whole point, like with Heavy Rain, is to become immersed in the world and make choices. Hence so much effort goes into creating a world and characters that look amazing. And the acting is just spot on.

Contrary to what people say, there IS a difference between experiencing a game and playing it. When a game evokes emotional reactions that you literally stop and think about what you should do next, or makes you get nervous or even scared, you are experiencing the game. When your reaction is on the other end of the spectrum and you're just watching what happens, mindlessly watching and not paying any attention and then getting lost and frustrated, you're just playing the game. And I find this happens with a lot of people with a lot of games, not just games like this.

Ultimately, now that I got that out of the way, Beyond: Two Souls is an amazing experience. To the point where I feel happy with my playthrough and almost don't want to play it again to see what else could have happened. I may let me wife and friends play it just to watch and see, but I feel satisfied with my choices in the game and what ultimately happened to Jodie.

If you haven't yet played this game and plan on picking it up, DON'T go and watch other playthroughs online. DON'T read and wiki's about it. DON'T look up the trophy/achievement list and worry about getting any on your first playthrough. Play it the first time fresh. And download AND read the digital manual, it'll save you time trying to figure out all the controls and getting confused. If you ever owned any older consoles before, i.e. SNES, SEGA, even PSone and PS2, you'll know that manuals are your friend. Play by yourself or if you prefer to have an audience watch, play with people who will not break your immersion or alter your decisions. My roommate watched me play and she was very entertained. Even asked me to let her know when I would play so she could watch. And, of course, immerse yourself into the game world. I know I may be preaching to the choir to some of you, but I've met people who play games without any emotional investment in the games they play. They want to be entertained as opposed to experience something.

And that's something I've always done and I praise David Cage for expressing that to gamers. It's not just about Heavy Rain or Beyond, EXPERIENCE your games, don't just play them.
  89. Oct 13, 2013
    Bar far the most unique game experience I had all year. The story had me on the verge of my seat from start to finish. Because you are able to dictate the actions of the protagonist through 15 years of her life, you develop a strong connection with her, as with the other main characters. The game has immense replay value, as there are almost a dozen endings to the story, all of which areBar far the most unique game experience I had all year. The story had me on the verge of my seat from start to finish. Because you are able to dictate the actions of the protagonist through 15 years of her life, you develop a strong connection with her, as with the other main characters. The game has immense replay value, as there are almost a dozen endings to the story, all of which are the result of the actions you take throughout the game. This game has the best graphics I've ever seen on a console game; the motion capture is immaculate and really creates immersive scenes, packed with tense action and drama. The score is breath-taking. I can't wait to play the game again, and again, and again. Expand
  90. Oct 13, 2013
    This game is fantastic! First of all, the story is very interesting and dramatic. Graphics just amazing! I can't understand why game's score is so low. Absolutely stunning and unique game.
    Quantic Dream did what they had to do.
  91. Oct 13, 2013
    This game is amazing. It has greatly improved controls since heavy rain and everything feels natural. It in my opinion, strikes the perfect balance between action and story telling and Jodie's relationship with other characters feels natural and tries to be a normal person despite her powers and has a love-hate relationship with Aiden whether she is in combat or trying to go on a date.This game is amazing. It has greatly improved controls since heavy rain and everything feels natural. It in my opinion, strikes the perfect balance between action and story telling and Jodie's relationship with other characters feels natural and tries to be a normal person despite her powers and has a love-hate relationship with Aiden whether she is in combat or trying to go on a date. Game of the Year for me. Expand
  92. Oct 14, 2013
    Great game and my last one for the PS3 before I get the PS4.
    First of all: I love Killzone, uncharted, The Last of us, InFamous, GT, Resistance, LBP etc...
    This game is different... in a good way! I payed it with my brother. He was Jodie and I played Aiden. We started and played nearly seven hours cause the story was so gripping and we couldn't stop. The storytelling is really
    Great game and my last one for the PS3 before I get the PS4.
    This game is different... in a good way!
    I payed it with my brother. He was Jodie and I played Aiden.
    The storytelling is really fascinating and the gamer has to think and put together the chapters.
    After a made a decision I always thought what would have happened with an other decision (already playing it the second time)
    Ellen Pages acting performance is outstanding and contribute to the dramatic and emotions.
    The game is exactly what it wants to be. The focus isn't on the game-play it is on the Story, the animation and the emotions. We need more games like this cause this is a unique experience.
    Thanks Sony for supporting a game like this!
    Thanks Quantic Dream for making this game!
    Thanks Ellen Page for the convincingly acting!
    ...
    go on!
  93. Oct 14, 2013
    This is the reason I play playstation. I was blown away by this game. I highly enjoyed the story, graphics were incredible and the acting was some of the best i've seen in gaming. I rented this game and beat it in one sitting and now I am going to buy the game. I am extremely glad I got to experience this masterpiece.
  94. Oct 14, 2013
    This game is the definition of an amazing story yes this is a QTE driven game but there are a number of game play elements and the whole look and feel of the game is incredible, the combat is a little tough at times as it is sometimes difficult to get which way to move the right stick but on the whole a very very good game with one of the best stories i have ever played through from theThis game is the definition of an amazing story yes this is a QTE driven game but there are a number of game play elements and the whole look and feel of the game is incredible, the combat is a little tough at times as it is sometimes difficult to get which way to move the right stick but on the whole a very very good game with one of the best stories i have ever played through from the big set peices to all the locations and little activities from begging for money to cooking to controlling Aiden make this a Game of the Year candidate for me Expand
  95. Oct 15, 2013
    I think it is more of an interactive movie with really great graphic and story which i LOVED. It is so different and it really raised my standards of video games. A movie that YOU control.. so amazing
  96. Oct 16, 2013
    Fantastic graphics, better than The Last of Us, the story of the game is incredible, great job Quantic Dream, This is one of those games that really messes with you, sensational, better than heavy rain!

Most review sites who rated medium low this game, should review its concepts, this game has bugs? Yes, but the qualities are many that you forget the small errors. Now when launch a

Now when launch a Call of Duty (CoD every year is the same everyone will and give high notes... 'll understand... this is why I hate 80% of review sites!! :S
  97. Oct 17, 2013
    This is amazing and beautiful game, before TLoA and GTA 5!
    Perfect graphics and of course unbelievable interesting story! The soundtrack is the best soundtracks in video games.
    Thanks you, QD for this game.
  98. Oct 19, 2013
    There are moments in a game with a weak story and characters being all stupid. However everyone who will skip this game will also miss some really magnificent things. I really loved the Navajo part. I enjoyed both endings. The game really deserves to be the one everyone have played.
  99. Oct 20, 2013
    Really a great experience. It basically has the same gameplay as Heavy Rain, so if you didn't like that, fair enough. I don't mind it though, and fact is both the story and the acting is LEAGUES better than it was in Heavy Rain, which is why I am rating this so high.
  100. Oct 21, 2013
    This game is awesome!!!!I I think it has a low score because this game went against CIA method!!!! Or Microsoft paid a lot of money to the reviewers. The user score is telling us that this game is awesome!!!
  101. Oct 8, 2013

1. Dec 28, 2013
    There doesn't ever seem to be any real impact of the player's decisions, actions or failures. [Jan 2014, p.76]
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Beyond: Two Souls is a capital failure as both a story and as a game. The adventure plays itself and the player is left to push the right buttons in the right order. The story you are rewarded with is a mess of odd writing and poor directing choices from a game creator that obviously wants to create great art but seems to be incapable of doing so. Even fans of Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain should prepare for what is unfortunately a monumental disappointment.
  3. Nov 24, 2013
    A story every Playstation owner should experience.