BioShock Infinite PlayStation 3

8.5

1. Oct 2, 2014
    A great FPS with a unique personality and awesome ideas. Different from Bioshock, ¿better?, I think that it is different, less dark. But the journey for Columbia is full of surprises and the possibility of travel with Elisabeth and the history is a very good point.
  2. Jul 9, 2013
    I'm not going to deny that this is a good game and a good experience, because it is both of those things. Bioshock Infinite has an astonishing story, and Ken Levine and the rest of Irrational Games should be credited for that. But the overwhelming acclaim for this game, hailing it as the best game of the year, is misguided. It's just an average first person shooter,with an extremelyI'm not going to deny that this is a good game and a good experience, because it is both of those things. Bioshock Infinite has an astonishing story, and Ken Levine and the rest of Irrational Games should be credited for that. But the overwhelming acclaim for this game, hailing it as the best game of the year, is misguided. It's just an average first person shooter,with an extremely above-average plot and collection of characters. There are a number of issues with this game. The mechanics are that of a rather average and somewhat chunky first person shooter, the shooting is mediocre at best, and it is overlong. IF you are in the mood for a great story with the game's mechanics not pulling it off in a very good way, then this is the game for you. Expand
  3. Jul 7, 2013
    I'm sorry this game just don't impress me very much. The graphics are exceptional and the sound is great but the story feels incomplete, the battles are generic, and its very easy to lose interest in everything after a few hours. your limited on guns, most of the vigors are worthless (imo) and it is all very linear. I give it a 7 because of graphics, controls, and sound. but my score isI'm sorry this game just don't impress me very much. The graphics are exceptional and the sound is great but the story feels incomplete, the battles are generic, and its very easy to lose interest in everything after a few hours. your limited on guns, most of the vigors are worthless (imo) and it is all very linear. I give it a 7 because of graphics, controls, and sound. but my score is not based on fun or fulfillment. This game is grossly overrated. Expand
  4. May 15, 2013
    This game was hyped up a lot both by the game industry and the internet. I was told that this game was similar to Bioshock 1, but the whole time I kept waiting for a bigger variety of enemies. Sadly, most of the enemies are just standard humans, combined with the Patriots and similar automatons and the rare Handyman. Other than that, the humans enemies are utterly boring. As previouslyThis game was hyped up a lot both by the game industry and the internet. I was told that this game was similar to Bioshock 1, but the whole time I kept waiting for a bigger variety of enemies. Sadly, most of the enemies are just standard humans, combined with the Patriots and similar automatons and the rare Handyman. Other than that, the humans enemies are utterly boring. As previously mentioned you do not need most of the vigors, and some even have very similar effects, which makes them seem like an afterthought. You will primarily use possession spoiler since most of the enemies are either groups of humans or automatons. However, the game is visually stunning and the story is one of the deepest I have come across in awhile, dealing with issues not normally tackled in the game industry; America's racist past, the morality of pre-WW2 capitalist society, the illusion of choice, and concepts of time and dimension. It can be a very heady game, and the ending is actually quite satisfying. There are several "wow" moments in the gameplay which makes up for the boring enemies and somewhat dumb AI, but it takes awhile and for the most part you are just in a early 20th century city. Also I found that this game immediately looked, felt, and played exactly like Dishonored, to the point where some of the first levels look like they could have been ripped directly, and the looting looks almost identical as well with food and other small power ups scattered all around on top of objects or tucked into corners. Some of the powers also seem ripped straight from Dishonored. This is not such a bad thing, as Dishonored is a great game and this does it one up with better visuals and story, but still if you played both you will notice an almost identical setting and a less stealth more FPS oriented gameplay. The game is not very hard either, I beat it in about 5 days, and since there is no multiplayer or online co-op I do not feel motivated to try and beat it again on hard or buy the season pass. I am giving this game an 8, but if you are not interested in a riveting story, great visuals, atmosphere, and only care about gameplay, then you should consider it more a 6.5 or 7 as at its core it is mostly just a loot-and-shoot FPS with powers. The weapons are also somewhat generic and mostly WW1 era weapons like pistols, carbines, machine guns, repeaters, shotguns, and so on with occasional futuristic variations like the heater or hand cannon. Like the vigors however, a lot of these weapons seem exactly the same and tacked on as an after though. The 2 gun system was OK with me, and seemed to work with the set and setting, as it makes you manage your ammo by dropping a stronger gun with little ammo for a found gun with full ammo, but my major gripe is that when you drop a gun in order to pick up a new one, you lose it after going to another room. This means if you are, for example, using a more powerful carbine against a horde of enemies and use up most of your ammo, and switch to an enemy dropped machine gun, you can not go back and pick up your carbine if you find an ammo cache or vending machine around a corner. Even worse, if you accidentally pick up a found weapon and put it back down, it is gone when you come back with more ammo. This does not add to the gameplay and seems like lazy programming.

However this game gets major bonus points for dealing with tough issues and providing one of the best stories I have seen in years. Showing the gilded era in all its negative light made it very powerful, and it is overall a very mature and heady game that plays as much like a movie or graphic novel as it does an FPS. I feel like this game could have done a lot more, however, definitely in gameplay, weapons, powers. and enemy development, and to some degree with using the setting better. Also I would have liked more done with the different tears you enter, as they are the source of much of the stunning visuals. The programmers dropped an opportunity to really let loose, and reading about the issues with the dev team, it seems like they just left a lot of things out after they had the story in place. I really wish you killed more baddies than WW1 era soldiers, cops, private security, and automaton robots. However the final battle on the air ship was really cool, and the zeppelin battles have the graphics you would expect from cutscenes as part of the gameplay.

Altogether, this is simply an average FPS-with-powers-loot-and-shoot with a story that goes above and beyond anything else in a long time. If you like atmospheric games with great writing and character development I actually felt emotionally connected to Elizabeth, something rare in games then pick it up used. However if you are looking for a game with deep gameplay, lots of different enemies, varied guns, powers, and power ups, then you may want to pass on this.
  5. Dec 8, 2013
    Loved it! A very unique FPS, the journey through Bioshock Infinte was epic there's a lot of action and i mean a lot! The graphics are very good though there are some strange blured textures i've encountered on both Ps3 and 360. The sound and the music is excellent the gameplay is fast and perfect. The story... ahh well the story is Bioshock Infinte's biggest strength and weakness or flawLoved it! A very unique FPS, the journey through Bioshock Infinte was epic there's a lot of action and i mean a lot! The graphics are very good though there are some strange blured textures i've encountered on both Ps3 and 360. The sound and the music is excellent the gameplay is fast and perfect. The story... ahh well the story is Bioshock Infinte's biggest strength and weakness or flaw whatever, while it's very engaging and it grabs you from the very beggining later on it gets very strange and hard to follow all that parallel universe crap got me so confused. in other words it's a mindf**k! Other than that the game is amazing and the campaign is very long for a fps definitelly a must buy! 9.6/10 Expand
  6. Aug 8, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a game that will stick to you long after you finish it. Irrational games has made a game that will never be forgotten. I believe that the goal of developers should not be to create a game to play, but a game worth experiencing. And that is exactly what Bioshock Infinite is. An experience.

FULL REVIEW AT: http://hapticzone.wordpress.com/
  7. May 27, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is great, but it's not perfect.

The gameplay is not always as tight as in other Triple A games, nor are the ideas expressed always as challenging or original as in many Indie games. But, rarely are challenging ideas brought up in a Triple A game they were in Bioshock, and they are again in Bioshock Infinite. This game has points of pure greatness that transcend
    Bioshock Infinite is great, but it's not perfect.

This game has points of pure greatness that transcend the overall goodness of the game; and if for no other reason, purchase and play this game so that you can experience a game which challenges your perception of morality, reality and the conventions of modern game design.

Rarely do games of this size present such introspection as to the medium, and criticisms of social norms.

Buy this game... would you kindly...
  8. Jun 8, 2013
    I thought it was overhyped. It was a good game but not great. You barely knew you were in the sky because many levels took place indoors or, if you were outdoors, didn't add to the game play. I thought the enemies got a little repetitive too. Other than these flaws, it was a good FPS. Bioshock was still better.
  9. Feb 9, 2014
    Another piece of art game for BioShock. Lovely story and enjoyable game play just like BioShock 1.
    I have no takes on the game except for the auto save points that I wished to be more frequent and after each fight.
    The story has an interesting twist. New elements added to it that made it that interesting. I loved the Sky-line ride and fights. I finished the game and now replaying it on
    I loved the Sky-line ride and fights.
    I finished the game and now replaying it on 1999 mode to get the platinum. Totally recommended if you don't have it. And it's great that you don't have to play any previous BioShock games. It's totally new set.
    But if you wish to just play BioShock 1. Skip 2 as it has nothing to add.
    Any case you need to play this one if you are FPS gameplay fan.
  10. Jul 6, 2013
    Loved the first two Bioshock games so when I purchased Infinite I had high expectations, and I was not let down. This game is a masterpiece, from the gameplay to the visual presentation to just plain bad assness.
  11. Mar 17, 2014
    The story in the game is confusing and half-baked, there is no chemistry in the characterisations, and the gameplay - that is, the shooting - is not fun at all, and is a slog to get through points A and B of the story. It has some nice art direction, but it also represents a lot of what is wrong with AAA titles.
  12. Jun 22, 2013
    This is a great game and a truly worthy successor to Bioshock 1. Great story, awesome world and the characters suck you into the game. The sound sticks out the most and really immerses you into your gameplay. The graphics are pretty good but doesn't compare to pc at all. This game is worth the money you pay for it.
  13. Aug 7, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite it's not just a great game. Most of all is a great story adapted with perfection to gaming. The characters are memorable and Elizabeth takes the prize of the most charismatic and the best AI sidekick of all time. The setting is to say the least epic. A city in the sky at the turn of the 19th century? Not even George Lucas would have thought of this (Or did he?). TheBioshock Infinite it's not just a great game. Most of all is a great story adapted with perfection to gaming. The characters are memorable and Elizabeth takes the prize of the most charismatic and the best AI sidekick of all time. The setting is to say the least epic. A city in the sky at the turn of the 19th century? Not even George Lucas would have thought of this (Or did he?). The gameplay is not innovative and i think that the tears could have had more to it than simple refills but these are minor problems since the story is so powerful that you just want to keep playing to see how it unfolds. Infinite shows that the Bioshock universe can also be one made of light without losing his identity. Expand
  14. Mar 28, 2013
    Go buy this game.
    I don't think you understand me here Go buy this game now Here's why I say this 1st off, Anything I say about this game could or would spoil the experience for anybody who hasn't played it. Secondly, The only thing I can say without ruining or potentially making the experience less powerful is that "This game is amazing" So, you should just go buy the game, play
    Go buy this game.
    I don't think you understand me here
    Go buy this game now
    Here's why I say this
    So, you should just go buy the game, play it, and love the heck out of it. Unless you are completely against violence or FPS games in general, you owe it to yourself to play this game.
    Once you have, then I wont need to tell you why you should play or buy it, cause you know exactly why: Quality
  15. Dec 22, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a masterpiece in storytelling and one of the best games I have had the pleasure of playing. At its core lies a first-person shooter that plays out very well, with a great range of weapons, as well as "Vigors", which provide the player with special attacks and powers to combat enemies. Graphics are incredible, the somewhat cartoon-like art style and bright colour schemeBioShock Infinite is a masterpiece in storytelling and one of the best games I have had the pleasure of playing. At its core lies a first-person shooter that plays out very well, with a great range of weapons, as well as "Vigors", which provide the player with special attacks and powers to combat enemies. Graphics are incredible, the somewhat cartoon-like art style and bright colour scheme breathing life into the game's setting of Columbia a city floating among the clouds and giving it a distinct vibe that perfectly reflects the themes of the game. What most impressed me about this game, however, was its masterful storytelling and wonderful characters. I was hooked right from the get-go, and the way in which the characters had been orchestrated and the story that unfolded before me felt intense, enjoyable and, mostly, believable. The game's two protagonists, Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth, are exceptionally well done and work terrifically well together. I invested a lot in these two characters and was determined to see their story right to the end, and when it did end, oh boy. What a finale! I won't spoil it, but I can say I won't be forgetting it any time soon. Seriously, though, this is a game I would recommend to just about anyone, even if it does have a few flaws (but then, everything does). BioShock Infinite is not the most perfect game, but it comes damn close. Expand
  16. Mar 23, 2014
    While i tough the first Bioshock was strongly overrated and i hated the second one, i must say that this one is really impressing. The graphics are spectacular and the story is great.
  17. May 25, 2013
    I would have preferred a "tell me a story" mode for this game, as I'm not very good at aiming with a controller, especially while being flung around on a rail in various directions.

The story was great. The gameplay, eh...not so much. I don't really dig having to mow through fields of mobs and burn down Patriots for 5 minutes each. I think the 10s this game has been given are a bit affected by the popularity of the game itself.
  18. Apr 2, 2014
    What an over-rated game this is, every body talks about the graphics of how wonderful they are, REALLY? I just don't appreciate a game that says that their characters are very human like, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? everything is like a bad drawing and the map limits on the player are simply ridiculous. It is a very GOOD and Complex Story that's why I don't give it a 0.
  19. May 2, 2013
    Though it won't sell 20 million copies like GTA or COD, this game is the closest and FPS has come to perfection since Resistance 3. One of the only THREE first person shooters I loved! GOTY contender for sure, up there with the likes of Tomb Raider and The Last Of Us.
  20. Jul 7, 2013
    As I played through the entire game I noticed that Ken Levine just did it again, created a masterpiece with the similar formula to the first Bioshock, yet in many aspects outbreaking and mindblowing.As you begin the story and dives further into the experience the easier it gets to get amazed, even if confusing at some times, all the mix created by the story is one of the best in the wholeAs I played through the entire game I noticed that Ken Levine just did it again, created a masterpiece with the similar formula to the first Bioshock, yet in many aspects outbreaking and mindblowing.As you begin the story and dives further into the experience the easier it gets to get amazed, even if confusing at some times, all the mix created by the story is one of the best in the whole history of video games.

As expected, the gameplay flows brilliantly, with a lot of creativity, especially with the Skyhook and vigors, and the addition of a special character, Elizabeth, that unlikely many other games with side characters within gameplay, doesn't bring you any problems, in fact, it is so improving in it's gameplay, that in many times you'll actually miss her when she's not around.

Observing this masterpiece in all aspects, with a highlight to the story, and with the DLCs coming it can only get more exciting from now on, that it will be really hard to beat such an outstanding plot, even for Ken Levine himself.
  21. Jun 26, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece. It is a beautiful game with a great story that is going to draw you in and leave you thinking about the ending for a long time. Sometimes, it didn't even feel like a game rather a work of art. It is a perfect game and god bless you Ken Levine for your masterful storytelling, creativeness and imagination.
  22. Aug 22, 2014
    Man, this game was pretty disappointing. The overall gunplay was better than the original, but pretty much everything else that made the first one interesting was gone, like hacking and stuff, for instance. It has the familiar Bioshock vibe, but the creepiness is gone. The atmosphere gets old awfully quick and the main character talking is a massive drawback, not to mention toting aroundMan, this game was pretty disappointing. The overall gunplay was better than the original, but pretty much everything else that made the first one interesting was gone, like hacking and stuff, for instance. It has the familiar Bioshock vibe, but the creepiness is gone. The atmosphere gets old awfully quick and the main character talking is a massive drawback, not to mention toting around a girl (like every other game released in 2013) that I never really cared about. The story was okay, but it lacked the punch that the original had. Of the 3 Bioshocks, this is easily the weakest. An average game at best. Expand
  23. May 1, 2013
    Honestly, this game was a HUGE disappointment to me. After seeing the fan-tas-tic E3 demo 2011, the cinematic and action packed story trailers, I expected this game to be a 9. Not! The whole E3 demo was cancelled, and sadly no gameplay sequence is as large scaled and detailed as the one seen on the E3 demo. Basically, the game is all footage seen after the 2012 media silence, but split-upHonestly, this game was a HUGE disappointment to me. After seeing the fan-tas-tic E3 demo 2011, the cinematic and action packed story trailers, I expected this game to be a 9. Not! The whole E3 demo was cancelled, and sadly no gameplay sequence is as large scaled and detailed as the one seen on the E3 demo. Basically, the game is all footage seen after the 2012 media silence, but split-up by long, boring and repetitive shoot-outs. The only aspect that lived up to my expectations -hell, even blew them away- was the story, not even the storytelling -that wasn't that great-, but the story itself was pretty fantastic.
    Don't fool yaself people, this wasn't a great game!
  24. Jun 26, 2014
    A very generic FPS with a poor story, bland characters, terribly anti-climactic ending, and no replay value. Not only does the shooter gameplay offer nothing new, almost everything about this game feels hijacked from Dishonored which came out a year prior, whether it be the art style, the music and certain sound effects like the sirens, to the way the enemies move, it really feels like aA very generic FPS with a poor story, bland characters, terribly anti-climactic ending, and no replay value. Not only does the shooter gameplay offer nothing new, almost everything about this game feels hijacked from Dishonored which came out a year prior, whether it be the art style, the music and certain sound effects like the sirens, to the way the enemies move, it really feels like a copy and paste job; more than I have ever experienced from any other video game. Fun for a single playthough but that's it. Expand
  25. Jun 20, 2013
    It took me nearly 3 months but I finally completed the 1999 mode after god knows how many deaths, and I still want to play it again. If your a gamer; especially for you Bioshock fans, stop reading this, and go get this game for your library. Doesn't matter how you get it, just go and get it. If your still not convinced, than let me break it down for you. Without spoilers, the story is notIt took me nearly 3 months but I finally completed the 1999 mode after god knows how many deaths, and I still want to play it again. If your a gamer; especially for you Bioshock fans, stop reading this, and go get this game for your library. Doesn't matter how you get it, just go and get it. If your still not convinced, than let me break it down for you. Without spoilers, the story is not cliched nor predictable, starting out as a damsel in distress rescue mission set between the late 1800s to early 1900s in a civilization in the sky called Columbia, but ends with the fall of Columbia, the discovery of self-identity and destiny, reuniting with a forgotten loved one, and parallel universe hopping. With themes of nature vs nurture, racism, religious satire, racial and social factions, steam punk, and time traveling. Nothing regarding the conflicts in this story is easily interpreted nor predicted, proving that everything has two sides to them, just like a coin. Interesting character back stories and Columbia history For graphics, the colors and the lighting and level and character designs are awesome. The atmosphere that the environment gives off can be either colorful, breathe taking, thrilling, majestic to dark, cold and suspenseful. The combat is fun and exhilarating because it forces you to think on your feet and plan ahead/create strategies instead of going in guns blazing or spray and pray. Your companion is actually helpful and not a chore. You don't need to babysit/look after/worry about the companion. She won't get in your way when fighting; she throws you ammo, money, health and salt(vigor/mana) potions; unlock certain locks; track and point out pick ups; and she CREATE/SPAWN health and salt pick ups, weapon and ammo pick ups, covers, distractions, ledges and hooks to jump off of, and robotic turrets/flying security drones/Mini-gun wielding George Washington robots to fight for you. (+)RPG elements like different clothes with different effects, weapon & power upgrades, and permanent health/shield/power increases. (-)Not only will the game feel short compared to the first two Bioshock games but the ending is not as fulfilling as the first Bioshock ending. (-)Rise and dip in difficulty on specific stages/levels (-)Multiple head-shots needed to kill enemies on harder difficulties (especially on 1999 mode) (-)Specific weapons, powers and clothing become useless once you create the combination of weapons, powers and clothing you find most efficient & effective. (-)You lose money if you die; I'll let you decide how that's a bad thing. Expand
  26. Mar 29, 2013
    It's good, really good, but I can't get away from the feeling that the original bioshock was longer, more atmospheric, had a clearer and more coherent story and was overall a better game. I'd most definitely recommend it but, well, I'm sorry to say that after a 2 year wait I was expecting.... More.....
  27. May 1, 2013
    This game is all about the story. The gameplay is straight forward and addicting, but as you all have probably read the vigor selection could have been more diverse. Brevity is not an issue but I've seen complaints about it? Either way the ending is a mind f*ck and the game is fun. Definitely on that season pass tip.
  28. Apr 9, 2013
    9.5/10
    9.5/10
    A masterpiece of a game. The story is gripping. Just like in the first Bioshock, upon replaying the game, your perspective will be very altered. On top of that, Elizabeth is just a very well-designed character with an impressive AI. She assists during combat and does a ton of casual things like inspecting objects when you're idle. The combat is simple, yet sophisticated. Trigger happy people will simply fire away, but the keen player will decide upon the best weapons, vigors, and tears to use, and will keep a lookout for environmental hazards and scattered, powerful weapons to use. The setting is stunning. Columbia is a far more interesting place than Rapture in terms of aesthetics and dystopian themes. Rapture was just full of Adam addicts. Here you get racism, poverty, oppression, and civil war. But optional objectives detract from the experience with predictable rewards. Sure, upgrades to your shield, health, and salt capacity are useful, but the gear (buff-granting equipment) is so disappointing in effects that you won't really bother with them. Pure exploration, though, is a joy. You'll be scouring every location to unearth background-providing Voxophones and currency to upgrade your guns and vigors. All in all, get this game. You won't regret it.
  29. Apr 9, 2013
    So, I really did like the game, the story, I loved Elizabeth as a partner in the game and I had fun, but it is a love/hate relationship.

Unfortunately, I was unlucky in the fact that this game was the very first for me to have issues. Bioshock would hard freeze every 5-10 min without fail every freakin time and 2k support is absolutely horrible in helping me resolve this, which I think

Bioshock would hard freeze every 5-10 min without fail every freakin time and 2k support is absolutely horrible in helping me resolve this, which I think they just gave up. I haven't heard back from them in days.

But I am always up for a challenge, so I fought through from auto-save to auto-save waiting for the next hard freeze then reset my PS3, and start up again. The sense of accomplishment I felt after completion was almost the same I had for Dark Souls and only because I was fighting the toughest opponent of the game, the buggy software itself. The only reason I was able to do this was because the game was somewhat short, very basic and fairly easy, even on hard mode.

Which leads me to my next point...

This title was pretty basic for a Bioshock game, as it seemed to me a completely stripped down experience from the first entry. Upgrades for vigors and weapons are very linear and boring and you just need a vending machine and some money to upgrade, but the upgrades aren't really worth anything.
    I only upgraded and used about 2-3 weapons and two vigors the whole game. Gear is completely useless and i just stuck with the first four pieces I snagged and was done with it.

There is nothing to loot off enemies but health, salts, and money which is very repetitive and boring after a few levels. You have no more scavenging for all kinds of random parts to build items. Combat is the same as previous entries with the exception of being able to use your weapon and vigor simultaenously instead of cycling back and forth, which is a good addition though.

I also noticed that I may have spent 2-3 minutes total on the sky rail and I thought that was going to be such a huge part of the game. I also thought you would be accessing all the various parts of Columbia through the sky rail, but not even close.

No memorable foes in the game was a real shocker for me. I thought that was their niche, well, they blew that. I couldn't believe you didn't at least have a boss fight with Comstock or Songbird. Songbird could have been the Daddy of Infinite, in my opinion. Way too many generic AI's all over and around this game for just filler.

Gameplay and combat is SO basic for a big budget AAA game, but obviously they spent their time with other facets of the game and did very well pulling that off. The environments, Elizabeth, and the story with all its complexities, all rocked.

I should rate this game a zero for not even running properly on a mass produced machine, but since I was able to fight through with little difficulty, outside of the PS3 resets, I was able to appreciate a lot of the great environments, Elizabeth, and story in the game.
  30. Apr 15, 2013
    Possibly the game of the year if you ask me. This is just so much fun and it is an amazing adventure. Elizabeth is the most helpful partner I have ever seen in a video game in a while, she gets you money, ammo, health, salts and never gets in your way, she doesn't die either so you won't get pissed off at the game more. The air rail transportation is so cool and its really fun ti travel soPossibly the game of the year if you ask me. This is just so much fun and it is an amazing adventure. Elizabeth is the most helpful partner I have ever seen in a video game in a while, she gets you money, ammo, health, salts and never gets in your way, she doesn't die either so you won't get pissed off at the game more. The air rail transportation is so cool and its really fun ti travel so fast in the air. The plot is so awesome and the ending is so good, it will definitely keep you thinking for a day or tow. BioShock Infinite was a good turn on the series because usually these type of spinoffs never really work out, but this one did so well. Expand
  31. Jun 24, 2013
    This game is one of favorite games of 2013.I loved every minute of it from the gameplay to the combat to the story,It was amazing! The story pulls you right in,and you actually car for Elizabeth.She is also not annoying. She does extremely helpful things such as giving you ammo,salts,and health. This game is truly great and deserves it glory
  32. May 20, 2013
    The first 2 hours or so was amazing but it turned into a grind after that. Columbia is an amazing backdrop and I commend the devs for the effort they have obviously put in. As a shooter, it doesn't really add anything to the genre. Being able to carry only two guns at a time was very annoying. The enemy seems to know where you are at all times, even if you attempt to use the limitedThe first 2 hours or so was amazing but it turned into a grind after that. Columbia is an amazing backdrop and I commend the devs for the effort they have obviously put in. As a shooter, it doesn't really add anything to the genre. Being able to carry only two guns at a time was very annoying. The enemy seems to know where you are at all times, even if you attempt to use the limited cover available. I enjoyed the story and the ending was enjoyable. Unless you are a big fan of the series, I would recommend waiting for the price to drop a bit before playing through this one. Expand
  33. Apr 24, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is an amazing game! Period! The graphics are absolutely stunning, the story is great and will keep you guessing and thinking all the way to the end! Also Booker and Elizabeth are two of the best most well realized characters that i've seen since John Marston Red Dead Redemption and Cole Phelps L.A. Noire You need to go get this if you haven't already! its one of theBioshock Infinite is an amazing game! Period! The graphics are absolutely stunning, the story is great and will keep you guessing and thinking all the way to the end! Also Booker and Elizabeth are two of the best most well realized characters that i've seen since John Marston Red Dead Redemption and Cole Phelps L.A. Noire You need to go get this if you haven't already! its one of the best games you're gonna play this year! Expand
  34. Apr 25, 2013
    I was never really a fan of Bioshock, I played the first game for a few minutes and played through half of the 2nd game at a friend's house, but after seeing all the glowing reviews, I decided to get it a few days after release date. And I loved almost everything about this game. The gameplay was great, story was great, environmental graphics are great, facial animations look a littleI was never really a fan of Bioshock, I played the first game for a few minutes and played through half of the 2nd game at a friend's house, but after seeing all the glowing reviews, I decided to get it a few days after release date. And I loved almost everything about this game. The gameplay was great, story was great, environmental graphics are great, facial animations look a little cartoonish, but still look good. It's a lot easier than the other Bioshock games, and great for newcomers since it only has minor references to previous games (a sort of big one in the end but I won't spoil it). Expand
  35. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is amazing. The plot had me intrigued from the start and never lost my attention. Game play is excellent, it took me some time to get really good on the skylines but once I had it down it was a thrill to zip around Columbia. Another great thing about this game is that Elizabeth never gets in your way during combat which is something I was worried about, but Irrational Games madeThis game is amazing. The plot had me intrigued from the start and never lost my attention. Game play is excellent, it took me some time to get really good on the skylines but once I had it down it was a thrill to zip around Columbia. Another great thing about this game is that Elizabeth never gets in your way during combat which is something I was worried about, but Irrational Games made it so she only helps you and never causes you trouble when the action picks up. If you enjoy video games I would say this is one to not be missed. Expand
  36. Apr 15, 2013
    This game is nothing but a Masterpiece! I just couldn't stop playing it till I finally finished it. And when that happened, my chin was on the floor, the emotion, the portraits,... everything spoke to me like no other game before.

BioShock 1 was magnificent, but Infinite takes the whole game experience to another level. It's gaming in its most pure form: ART.
  37. Mar 26, 2013
    Work made by devs is excellent.
    Gameplay,level design,graphics,etc..
    The universe around Bioshock is unique.
    Even i only played 3 or 4 hours, it looks like of a master 2013 game
  38. Mar 27, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is the type of game that, as one would expect from the likes of Irrational Games, leaves the player to think long after the credits roll. When I finished playing, my thoughts were along the lines of 'What just happened?', 'Does that mean...?' and 'Is it really over?'. Well, for the latter, I recommend that you stick around during and after the credits.

From a gameplay

From a gameplay perspective, the game is sound. If you have played the original BioShock, you'll feel right at home with the new powers named Vigors, which are basically the Plasmids you're used to, albeit slightly different. The shooting feels fluid and accurate it's not as unrealistic as Call of Duty nor does it have the insane recoil that the Battlefield series possesses. There is the introduction of Tears, which allow you to use the abilities of a sophisticated and helpful AI named Elizabeth, who is critical to the story and never once gets in the players way. She can bring many things into the world around you, aiding in combat and/or navigation, such as cover, first aid kits, turrets etc. Throughout the game, you are given choices, but none of these effect the ending, which leads me to the story...

Compared to the first (And second) BioShock, choices in the game feel rather insignificant. They don't dramatically alter the world. However, unlike most games, the linear narrative suits the story the game is telling very well, and would destroy the idea that the player character, Booker DeWitt, is his own individual. Booker is neither a good nor bad person, and you won't always like who he is or what he's done, but players will find themselves caring for him by the end of the game. Elizabeth, Booker's companion, is a young woman who is very much like your typical princess locked in a tower...or so you first think. She is someone that you, as a player, want to protect, but such a thing is never required in combat. She is never a hindrance, only offering useful help throughout the game. I won't spoil any of the story for you, but it's nothing short of brilliant. Sometimes, you'll be completely puzzled. Others, you'll understand until a new element is introduced. But by the end, I understood everything completely, and even found myself emotionally touched. The presentation of the game is fantastic. I often found myself dazzled by just how beautiful this game is. The city is a wonder to behold. It's inhabitants look and act like they should. The environments are usually excellent. It seems that Irrational spent a long time polishing this fantastic experience, as I never once encountered a glitch while playing. The detail is astounding, in most cases. However, low texture does appear in the strangest of places. There was a point in the game that I had just jumped from a Skyline (Which are great fun!) and was ready to face a horde of enemies. What I wasn't prepared for was a giant, blurry...'thing' in front of me! It turns out that it was some sort of blimp device, but I would have never guessed had I not taken a few (Okay, I ran at least a mile) steps back to get a better look. Without a shred of doubt, BioShock Infinite is an early contender for earning many Game of the Year Awards. When I started playing the game, I was worried as to whether it would live up to the hype and the name of BioShock, but I can honestly say that it does just that. In many ways, this game is far superior than even the original. So, without further ado, would you kindly do yourself a favour and buy this game?
  39. Mar 29, 2013
    Completely amazing game. The story is great and Elizabeth is the most relatable video game character I've ever come across. She's not just another NPC that you drag around, she's a person who you get to know. She helps you out in battle, she talks to you, she relates with you. Elizabeth makes this game.

The only (minor) qualm I have with this game is the saving system. You can only load your most recent checkpoint, and there's no clear indication of when that was. You can't quicksave or quickload, and you can't save previous saves. This prevents you from going back to re-do an area differently or to make a different decision without outright playing the game again.

All in all, an amazing experience.
  40. Mar 29, 2013
    This is a very interesting game. Essentially, the game play is really nothing new. Its a straightforward shooter. You can only have two guns at any one time, and the powers that you get are not overly imaginative. If it weren't for the story, the game would just be a solid shooter. It is the story that really sets this game apart however. The ending sent me reeling, and I was hookedThis is a very interesting game. Essentially, the game play is really nothing new. Its a straightforward shooter. You can only have two guns at any one time, and the powers that you get are not overly imaginative. If it weren't for the story, the game would just be a solid shooter. It is the story that really sets this game apart however. The ending sent me reeling, and I was hooked throughout the entire ride. The game makes you invested in finding and listening to the collectibles, to extract as much as you can from the story. I won't spoil anything, but it really gets you thinking. Its quite a ride.

I don't think that the game is perfect like others have suggested, they definitely could have made the game play more innovative, but its good at what it does.

Make no mistake, the game is good based on its own game play merits, but the narrative takes the game to a whole new level. Something very unique in Bioshock Infinite.
  41. Mar 30, 2013
    I just was not that all impressed, to me it seemed like all the highlights of the game shown in trailers were really the only highlights of the game. It was fun but is not a game I could play over because the extra things to do in the game were very monotonous. I know some people love it but it just didn't do it for me, however Crysis 3 did
  42. Oct 7, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite does not break the same ground that System Shock and Bioshock 1 did, but does streamline and refine most the gameplay mechanics. Shooting and Powers are much better this time around falling more in line with modern shooters. The negative is lack of diverse enemy types and poor AI. The setting, story, and wonderfully voiced characters are a much bigger part of theBioshock Infinite does not break the same ground that System Shock and Bioshock 1 did, but does streamline and refine most the gameplay mechanics. Shooting and Powers are much better this time around falling more in line with modern shooters. The negative is lack of diverse enemy types and poor AI. The setting, story, and wonderfully voiced characters are a much bigger part of the experience and by the end you'll genuinely feel for the characters. Without spoiling anything, the ending is one of the better ones in gaming in recent memory. This game is worth your time! Very excited about the next Ken Levine game. Expand
  43. Mar 31, 2013
    Is it a game? Is it an art? Bioshock Infinite is right in the centre. One of the most charming visions of utopia. Realistic graphics and very good locations will make you want to stop killing and start exploring every corner- what is rewarded in goods like perks, cash and... side quests. Also AI is doing fine. Elizabeth uses surrounding her items like books, tables, benches to perform anIs it a game? Is it an art? Bioshock Infinite is right in the centre. One of the most charming visions of utopia. Realistic graphics and very good locations will make you want to stop killing and start exploring every corner- what is rewarded in goods like perks, cash and... side quests. Also AI is doing fine. Elizabeth uses surrounding her items like books, tables, benches to perform an adequate action. She stops to read a book/journal or to sit on a bench. Game mechanism is nothing new. It is the same we remember from previous Bioshocks, but it is not a problem at all- game is very entertaining. Sound effects could be better, but are not bad. Graphics 10/10
    Sound 7/10
    Entertainment 9/10
    Ambiance 10/10
    Storyline 8/10

Overall: 8,8/10
  44. Apr 1, 2013
    Wow! This is a fantastic game that improves the gameplay aspect of the first (controls especially). Colombia is every bit as interesting as Rapture and begs to explored. More open spaces and vertical gameplay allow new approaches to combat unique for Bioshock. The story and graphics are equal to the first game, so it's a matter of individual preference. The really stand-out is your AIWow! This is a fantastic game that improves the gameplay aspect of the first (controls especially). Colombia is every bit as interesting as Rapture and begs to explored. More open spaces and vertical gameplay allow new approaches to combat unique for Bioshock. The story and graphics are equal to the first game, so it's a matter of individual preference. The really stand-out is your AI buddy Elizabeth. You'll want to help Liz escape and she doesn't whine to the point of annoying or interfere with your play.

The bad which keeps this game from a perfect 10 is AI of average foot soldiers. Sometime, you'll be able to escape rushing enemies by moving into a new room. They will not chase you past certain points and just turn around and walk back. Their lack of smarts is compensated by numbers, so think zombies.

The PS3 version comes with Bioshock 1 (12GB) so its two great games for the price of one, but I would recommend playing on a high-end PC. I can't comment on the Move aspect. It is not quite the RPG experience like Borderlands or Mass Effect 3. Trust me though, you'll enjoy this game!
  45. Apr 1, 2013
    It has the same problems that have hindered past installments of the Bioshock franchise, at some point you're just too powerful. The addition of Elizabeth constantly bailing you out of jams makes planning and restraint irrelevant. You can tear through the enemy set pieces knowing there's no way they can really stop you and if they do you can squash them on a second wind type go round. ThatIt has the same problems that have hindered past installments of the Bioshock franchise, at some point you're just too powerful. The addition of Elizabeth constantly bailing you out of jams makes planning and restraint irrelevant. You can tear through the enemy set pieces knowing there's no way they can really stop you and if they do you can squash them on a second wind type go round. That having been said the ending is just amazing. This will be the high water mark of gaming story-telling for years to come. Ken Levine and the writers at Irrational Games should be applauded (they will) for another stellar script. If the last few levels didn't have the feeling of a tedious grind this would be a perfect game. Buy it, borrow it, do what you have to do but PLAY THIS GAME there is nothing like it, and there won't be anything like it for a long time. Expand
  46. Apr 21, 2013
    One of the best games of this generation, and a true sequel to the original BioShock. An original story with amazing quality on nearly every area.....
  47. May 2, 2013
    Bioshock:Infinite is an awesome game with Eye popping graphics awesome gameplay and as well as a absolutely excellent story, they also have a helpful A.I companion for once unlike some other games i've played Like Resident Evil 5 where companion is a pain in the ass, Bioshock is one of the best games of 2013 by far i can't wait until Bioshock 4
  48. Apr 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bioshock infinite is simply outstanding from the jaw dropping beginning to the jaw dropping end. I personally didn't think the irrational team to make a game that was anywhere near as good as the original.
    Wow was I in for a treat. I just loved the way it drew you in from the beginning and set up the world. Bioshock was a walk through hell in it's opening moments where Columbia is a walk through heaven.
    That is until you make your way to the raffle and see the prize on offer. That moment is genuinely shocking and it's all credit to the irrational team that they never sugarcoated this moment as this is what sets up the game and it's when the action starts in earnest.
  49. Apr 6, 2013
    just a flawless game amazing story excellent graphics and amazing gameplay i dont have anything else to say its that amazing :D when i first saw the trailer my mind was blown due to awesomeness this might be the 2013 GOTY unless if The Last Of Us impresses me or if Yakuza 5 come out worldwide this year
  50. Apr 7, 2013
    At first Bioshock Infinite seems like Bioshock with a new coat of paint, and for the most part that is correct, the game plays very similar with similar ideas and weapons and characters, this time your plasmids are called vigors,there is a city and there is a man that leads it with radical ideas. The real excitement comes at the end when everything gets explained the rapture/columbiaAt first Bioshock Infinite seems like Bioshock with a new coat of paint, and for the most part that is correct, the game plays very similar with similar ideas and weapons and characters, this time your plasmids are called vigors,there is a city and there is a man that leads it with radical ideas. The real excitement comes at the end when everything gets explained the rapture/columbia connection, the elizabeth/booker connection, and the connection between booker/comstock/elizabeth. If it seems like the game is dragging on and you just want to give up keep hanging in there and finish it, it is totally worth it. Expand
  51. Apr 8, 2013
    There are no spoilers in this review. If you enjoy games with fun gameplay along with a great soundtrack, great graphics, and an outstanding story, then this is a must play. I just completed the game and I'm going to start playing it again in a higher difficulty. I would suggest to those experienced FPS gamers to play this in the hard difficulty setting. I would also recommend to peopleThere are no spoilers in this review. If you enjoy games with fun gameplay along with a great soundtrack, great graphics, and an outstanding story, then this is a must play. I just completed the game and I'm going to start playing it again in a higher difficulty. I would suggest to those experienced FPS gamers to play this in the hard difficulty setting. I would also recommend to people who haven't played the first bioshock to play it before playing infinite. I would imagine that experienced gamers would complete this in 8 hours; however, to fully enjoy this game I would recommend exploring the city as much as possible (it took me about 20 hours to complete this game). In my opinion this game has a great replay value because of two main reasons: the gameplay and the story. There are several different ways of eliminating enemies and also, a second playthrough would help you understand/appreciate the story.

I consider this game to be one of my top favorite games of all time (right next to the Metal Gear Solid series).
  52. Apr 8, 2013
    This game was quite enjoyable. Graphics, music*, gameplay, etc.; all were amazing. My only issues with the game: no user-save feature, only auto-save. I'm not a big believer in having to get to a spot to save, especially as an adult-gamer with life going on. And the "book marks" save about 1,000 different times throughout the game. A little bit too much data action. And music-wise, someThis game was quite enjoyable. Graphics, music*, gameplay, etc.; all were amazing. My only issues with the game: no user-save feature, only auto-save. I'm not a big believer in having to get to a spot to save, especially as an adult-gamer with life going on. And the "book marks" save about 1,000 different times throughout the game. A little bit too much data action. And music-wise, some areas could use a bit more diverse music, not a big gripe. I'd like to give this game a 9.9 overall. Definitely worth anyone's time and money. Expand
  53. Apr 11, 2013
    Definitely was worth the wait. Bioshock Infinite is a beautifully crafted video game with breathtaking visuals and massive scope. It also has an engaging story that will keep you intrigued till the end of the game. With well written dialogue, the banter between the main characters are believable and fun. Varied gameplay elements and different in gaming mechanics makes this a joy to playDefinitely was worth the wait. Bioshock Infinite is a beautifully crafted video game with breathtaking visuals and massive scope. It also has an engaging story that will keep you intrigued till the end of the game. With well written dialogue, the banter between the main characters are believable and fun. Varied gameplay elements and different in gaming mechanics makes this a joy to play from start to finish. Definitively a GOTY contender. Expand
  54. Apr 11, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a beautiful game. With a complex story and wonderful graphics, it keeps you guessing at what comes next. This is a great example of where the video game industry should be going.
  55. Apr 12, 2013
    This was a ok game. Not really a fps shooter fan because of the point and shoot(repitiveness); but graphics are beautiful and gameplay was decent and enjoyable.
  56. Apr 14, 2013
    This game was amazing! Every moment of it was fantastic. In some parts it felt like a Bioshock game, but in other parts it didn't, but it worked! The game had an amazing story, that felt tight with fantastic gameplay. Elizabeth was a great companion, when you needed her she would help. It came in handy in battles when she threw health, salts (powers) and ammo. She never got in the way andThis game was amazing! Every moment of it was fantastic. In some parts it felt like a Bioshock game, but in other parts it didn't, but it worked! The game had an amazing story, that felt tight with fantastic gameplay. Elizabeth was a great companion, when you needed her she would help. It came in handy in battles when she threw health, salts (powers) and ammo. She never got in the way and had an amazing personality. Its really easy to get into to the characters and become attached to them. It is by far the best game I've played so far Expand
  57. Apr 13, 2013
    While it isn't exactly the spearhead its predecessor was way back in 2007, Bioshock: Infinite does right by the Bioshock brandname. The art direction is still there, the delicately crafted musical score is there, the combat is responsive and much improved. I still very much prefer the original Bioshock, and wish Infinite had more scares and RPG elements like its predecessor; but evenWhile it isn't exactly the spearhead its predecessor was way back in 2007, Bioshock: Infinite does right by the Bioshock brandname. The art direction is still there, the delicately crafted musical score is there, the combat is responsive and much improved. I still very much prefer the original Bioshock, and wish Infinite had more scares and RPG elements like its predecessor; but even having said that, this game holds up against unreasonable hype and expectations. Buy this game. Ken Levine and the folks at Irrational are doing right by gamers and we need to do right by them. The only thing that sucks about Bioshock: Infinite is its release means we will have to wait another five years to play another game of this ilk. Expand
  58. Apr 13, 2013
    Never has a game so fully encapsulated my thoughts. The relationship you build with Elizabeth, the concepts behind Columbia and the story line are just incredible. The gameplay is very solid, but you almost want to ignore the FPS aspect just to follow the story. Easily one of the best games I have ever played. (If not the best.)
  59. Apr 14, 2013
    bioshock infinite review

bioshock infinite review

the game begins extremely strong beautiful environment which is extremely intriguing. you realise your in a vast environment extremely racist and political tones are presented to you throughout the game which is consistently in your face however it ties in with the story gameplay is flawless however the environment is extremely linear which is a shame because the city is so huge. so if you hit a save point make sure you scoped out the environment as much as you can."VIGORS" which are plasmids for bioshock 2" are good fun to play around with however the functionality of them limit you to primarily use the weapons you find in game. story wise. hands down the best story in the history of gaming if not cinema. if they made a movie it would be my favourite movie. 4 years in production winning 85 awards voted world best shooter. credit was given when it was due. Elisabeth helps you throughout the game and in no way shape or form does it feel like a huge escort mission" .
    you can travel using the "sky lines" which basically feels like your on a roller-coaster where tey have also intergrated combat which blends in so well that it is revolutionises the first person shooter" feel"
    the music is amazing the story is amazing gameplay is amazing.

60. Jun 2, 2013
    It's a very solid title, with great visuals and sound (I loved the Skyhook!) However, I can't help but be slightly cynical. The game seems progressive at first but sinks into a rehash of the original Bioshock games as a linear shooter. How great this would have been as a free-roaming game, perhaps some puzzles, and some kind of NPC social element. Also, not to mention I spent a lot of timeIt's a very solid title, with great visuals and sound (I loved the Skyhook!) However, I can't help but be slightly cynical. The game seems progressive at first but sinks into a rehash of the original Bioshock games as a linear shooter. How great this would have been as a free-roaming game, perhaps some puzzles, and some kind of NPC social element. Also, not to mention I spent a lot of time digging through trashcans and dresser drawers for food & cash. Still a great game with a VERY intriguing and original story. I'm anxious to see what the DLC season pass has to offer. Expand
  61. Apr 15, 2013
    To start this off, I have to say that this game has really impressed me. It's one of the best games in my opinion and one of my top ten video games. Although not as impressive as the e3 demos (to be expected), it still shines in many aspects. For starters, I played the first Bioshock 1 and found myself really enjoying it, especially when first entering Rapture. The same can be said forTo start this off, I have to say that this game has really impressed me. It's one of the best games in my opinion and one of my top ten video games. Although not as impressive as the e3 demos (to be expected), it still shines in many aspects. For starters, I played the first Bioshock 1 and found myself really enjoying it, especially when first entering Rapture. The same can be said for Columbia. From the moment the game begins, it sucks you right in and doesn't let go till you've explored every aspect of the game. The story is almost flawless keeping you guessing most of the times. There are plenty of twists that will have you shocked. Many moments in this just completely leaves with your mouth hanging in surprise (in a good way). The graphics are very good and polished (which is surprising considering how old the ps3 is). Combat is can range from very fast paced to very slow paced. But that's okay because combing vigors (essentially plasmids from Bioshock) can be very satisfying. That's not to say that the game is a masterpiece, though very close to it, there are still some parts that remain questionable. A lack of bosses really had me disappointed and a few glitches were present in my play-through. These were generally annoying, but forgivable. I hope that a later DLC can handle bosses a little better. I also found handymen and Boys Of Silence to be a bit scarce and disappointing. The ending, however, will leave you shocked and amazed. Once you play through once, you'll want to play through again because everything makes a lot more sense and you are way more immersed. It's sort of like the movie Inception where you had to watch it many times to really enjoy it. My final word are..... go out and buy it! Expand
  62. Apr 17, 2013
    I am in the process of finishing this game. I am 3/4 of the way done according to the number of chapters. I will say that it is a fantastic and great looking game, but it is not "BioShock". The first BioShock was terrifying and fresh. For example, After upgrading a weapon you would see the attachment highlighted to show what improvements were made. Infinite has "armories" around everyI am in the process of finishing this game. I am 3/4 of the way done according to the number of chapters. I will say that it is a fantastic and great looking game, but it is not "BioShock". The first BioShock was terrifying and fresh. For example, After upgrading a weapon you would see the attachment highlighted to show what improvements were made. Infinite has "armories" around every corner and feels like a cheap vending machine rather than a rare opportunity. Infinite also lacks that spook factor. You fight primarily human enemies aside from the rare crowmen and firemen. I am also disappointed to report that i have only seen the songbird twice, what is that? Where are the siren kids? I am 3/4 of the way through and have only fought 3 handymen. Oh and not let me forget, I am playing this on HARD! I bought it on Saturday and keep whizzing through. All in all it is your average shooter, definitely not a Bioshock game and is only worth the buy because it came with the original. Expand
  63. Apr 18, 2013
    The game is really good. I've been thinking about it several days after completion, and I've been showing it to friends for the pleasure to share. The main reason is it's a game, but it's also virtual tourism and storytelling mixed together.
    The fact that you need to figure out many things about story by finding clues scattered around increases the sense of interactive storytelling, and the misteries and themes on display here is so vast and diverse that your brain will be overheated in the process of munching in all the informations.
    Also, the shifts in the plot and the narrative ellipses are a quite bold and refreshing way to keep things going in a videogame.
    All these different levels of involvement contribute to create a very deep engagement.
  64. Apr 24, 2013
    Where do i even begin? i have never been so excited for a game to be released before. when i heard the announcement for bioshock infinite. i got pretty excited; however i was skeptical about how they were going to change from being trapped in an underwater city, to roaming a city in the sky. But leave it to irratonal games to surprise me. Bioshock infinite fully lives up to my expectationsWhere do i even begin? i have never been so excited for a game to be released before. when i heard the announcement for bioshock infinite. i got pretty excited; however i was skeptical about how they were going to change from being trapped in an underwater city, to roaming a city in the sky. But leave it to irratonal games to surprise me. Bioshock infinite fully lives up to my expectations and then some.

the story behind bioshock infinite is you play as booker dewitt, and he has to find a girl to repay a debt, as you progress you find more of the backstory behind this dept and what booker has to pay to wipe it away. and then of course there's how beautiful the game looks. from the astounding first appearance of columbia; to suddenly being in the midst of a civil war in the sky. this is a real sight to behold.

now there are many characters in this game, and all of them has a really interesting backstory, booker is the character you spend the game continually discovering. his story is explained as you play the game: and the reason isn't amnesia for once. he chose to forget but certain events reveal them to the gamer and to the other main character: elizabeth. she is a really interesting character, and she is like booker, her story is cleverly and purposely hidden from the player. and the reveal behind her real personality and backstory leads to one of the most shocking endings to a video game.

the gameplay behind infinite is...functional, it follows the same bioshock 2 formula, guns and plasmids, however in this game there are some welcomed as well as unwelcomed changes; such as plasmids are now vigors, and there's no more adam, money rules this world. when not using vigors, you will hold your weapon like in bioshock 1, unfortunately you can only carry 2 weapons at a time, so you have to be careful on your choices. also you can no longer carry health/salt items. instead to make up for this you are given gear and a regenerating shield. so it's unfortunate, but it's a forgettable change as you go on because now i go into my next part

it is much easier then either of the previous bioshocks. ammo is $8. and that's for every weapon. plus ammo is everywhere as well as is health and salt items, so don't expect to run out of health or salt over a prolonged period. and then we have the best part of the game: skyline fights. by far the best new system in bioshock. you get to use a magnetized hook to ride along skylines as you shoot enemies. and even better, you can use the hook as a melee weapon.

overall the game offers many new features in it's gameplay and offers an intriguing plot with many shocking moments. and if you'll excuse me i have to go beat it again.
  65. Apr 25, 2013
    OK, so I’ve held off on writing this review for a while because I really wanted to digest this game, read other reviews, and see outside opinions.

So I want to preface this by saying I’m a male in my late 20s who’s been gaming for roughly 20 years. Some of my favorite games include Fallout 3, inFamous, Super Mario Galaxy, Dishonored, Batman Arkham City and Asylum, Portal 1 and 2, Borderlands 2, and of course the original Bioshock and System Shock 2. I’m currently playing Tomb Raider and have enjoyed it thus far. I play a lot of FPSs, like CoD, BF, Far Cry, and Crysis, but don’t have a distinct favorite genre.

All that said, for me personally, Bioshock Infinite ranks as one of the top 3 games I have currently ever played with Earthbound and MGS 4 (I know MGS 3 is awesome, but going back to an HD Shadow Moses did it for me).

I implore readers to check out other reviews from reviewers that gave Bioshock Infinite a poor score; we have someone who gave Alan Wake and Halo 3 a 0, someone who gave Borderlands 2 a 3, Dishonored a 6, but yet gave Hawken and Street Fighter X Tekken a 7, and another user who gave Uncharted 2 a 1. I could go on, but you get the point. Absolutely these reviewers are entitled to their opinion, but when it becomes apparent that their opinions are there to either weigh down other reviewer scores, or for sheer shock value, well that should tell you something.

I have to laugh when someone complains that Rapture was “scarier,” Columbia isn’t Rapture. I have to laugh when someone compares the Song Bird to a Big Daddy, the Song Bird isn’t a Big Daddy. I have to laugh when someone complains that footage they were shown from development gameplay 2-3 years ago at conventions weren’t in the game, be glad they gave you something you haven’t seen before. I have to laugh when someone complains that they don’t have a choice in the game, this is Irrational Games’ story, they want it told this way. How you want to interpret it, and its ending, that is where you have a choice. In general I have to laugh at other reviews comparing this to the original Bioshock, and complaining about differences. Please know, Bioshock Infinite is NOT synonymous with Bioshock 3. There is no Bioshock 3. If Ken Levine had his way, there wouldn’t have been a Bioshock 2. Yes, it has the same word “Bioshock” in the title, but aside from that, it is a completely different game, and if you can’t accept that, then you should stick with the perfectly awesome original. Stop trying to find a reason to complain. There are things to complain about in this game, those aren’t it.

Bioshock Infinite, for me, was as close to a perfect game as I’ve encountered. The characters were dynamic, and I found myself disappointed with actions that I’d disagree with, and excited when they found success. The voice actors fit incredibly well with the characters. The setting was absolutely gorgeous and interesting, I found myself exploring every nook and cranny. The combat just felt right, every weapon felt “good” to fire, along with the vigors. Elizabeth’s AI might be the most well done video game AI we’ve yet to see. Most importantly, the story was phenomenal. As a huge Fringe fan, I will fully admit my biased here, but I feel confident saying there are plenty that would agree it’s one of the most well told stories in video games.

Is this game perfect? No. There are issues with texture popping, and textures being incredibly grainy, especially on the PS3, and the fact that there was in-game loading while in the same environment (1-3 seconds), simply isn’t acceptable in this day and age.

All that considered, if you weight this game up against what’s been published in the past 5-10 years on console, this is undoubtedly one of the best. The time and effort that the folks at Irrational Games put into Bioshock Infinite is incredibly apparent, and I thank them for their obvious hard work.
  66. Apr 25, 2013
    As games become more and more popular its getting difficult to find a game that feels original, Bioshock Infinite is a truly beautiful game which sets the bar for story driven games. Not only has this been one of the most satisfying games to complete but you'll find your self replaying the game to learn more about Colombia and its racist residents. Admittedly the only reason I have givenAs games become more and more popular its getting difficult to find a game that feels original, Bioshock Infinite is a truly beautiful game which sets the bar for story driven games. Not only has this been one of the most satisfying games to complete but you'll find your self replaying the game to learn more about Colombia and its racist residents. Admittedly the only reason I have given this game a 9 and not a 10 is because its missing one element of game play which the first Bioshock nailed which is unnerving atmosphere, although Infinite has its moments I found id happily run around corners and pick up items without the fear of being attacked. The original made me nervous to run through a room, id plan how to take out enemy's to preserve ammo which just felt nonexistent in Bioshock Infinite. Over all this is an incredible game and even with its complex story line will manage to keep you intrigued. Expand
  67. Apr 25, 2013
    Its a great game no doubt but i think it needs something new, the trama is good, the enviorement is awesome but alll the other stuff are the same they only made like a combinacion of Bioshcok 1 and 2, but like i say still a great game
  68. Apr 25, 2013
    All I can say is that this game is great, and fun for people to enjoy, but I feel that this game is not as good as what many people and critics say, and is indeed not perfect.
  69. Apr 26, 2013
    THIS GAME IS A MUST GET NOW..

THIS GAME IS A MUST GET NOW..

Simply put, the game is gorgeous. And a VERY warm welcome to Bioshock series as I was getting tired of the plain underwater theme. Bioshock's combat is also something to mention, Although Bioshock infinite only offers around 4-5 types of guns for you to use, and around 4 Vigors (or spells) Bioshock managed to create engaging, Fun, and sometimes difficult combat! Bioshock Infinite has created some amazing moments and just WOW moments for me & I think it will do the same for you!

If it means something I've also fell in love with Elizabeth.. Yea, I have it bad.
  70. Apr 26, 2013
    I think this game will have the title of not only the game of the year, but perhaps the game of the decade. So she is beautiful and is special. This new level of gaming, but unfortunately these games are not as revolutionary. This is a jump up, and this is possible only Ken Levine. We look forward to the following projects and DLC
  71. Apr 26, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite, what hasn't been said? this game is superb, beautiful visuals,the colors are crisp and the art direction is truly the best ive seen in a while. this game has a interesting story, it starts quite simply, but takes a a dark turn about 20 minutes in and the game has such great flow. combat is rather interesting and the addition of the the new sky rail system keeps it fromBioshock Infinite, what hasn't been said? this game is superb, beautiful visuals,the colors are crisp and the art direction is truly the best ive seen in a while. this game has a interesting story, it starts quite simply, but takes a a dark turn about 20 minutes in and the game has such great flow. combat is rather interesting and the addition of the the new sky rail system keeps it from going stale. It is so familiar yet so different from the previous installments, this is a mature shooter and a experience you would not want to miss, i tip my hats to irrational for pulling this game off. its a must buy Expand
  72. Jun 24, 2014
    After getting the platinum, the flaws of the games became increasingly noticeable. The game, while presenting an interesting (yet somewhat predictable) story, has major plot holes. The intertwining of time travel and different dimensions does not bode well for it. The gameplay, while fun, becomes quite repetitive and frustrating (on harder modes). Only a few guns are actually need to makeAfter getting the platinum, the flaws of the games became increasingly noticeable. The game, while presenting an interesting (yet somewhat predictable) story, has major plot holes. The intertwining of time travel and different dimensions does not bode well for it. The gameplay, while fun, becomes quite repetitive and frustrating (on harder modes). Only a few guns are actually need to make substantial advances in the game. Overall BSI leaves the gamer sad (and maybe a bit confused and angry) yet glad the story takes a risk in the end. Expand
  73. Apr 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is one of those games that everybody should play. Bioshock Inifinite does just about everything right to its remarkable to story to its intense and fun gameplay. The story of Bioshock Inifite is spectacular. It is excellently paced, and has tons of things to do. Although the story is pretty set and "linear" there are tons of different things to go about and do inBioshock Infinite is one of those games that everybody should play. Bioshock Inifinite does just about everything right to its remarkable to story to its intense and fun gameplay. The story of Bioshock Inifite is spectacular. It is excellently paced, and has tons of things to do. Although the story is pretty set and "linear" there are tons of different things to go about and do in Columbia which makes each playthrough of the story unique and differnt. There is so much depth to the story that it cant just be playthroughed once. From the voxiphones to the sight seeing there are plenty of things that make you come back to Columbia. Elizabeth your partner through the story makes the story fun and interesting. She also tends to often helps you out in battle. Trust me the story in Bioshock Infinite is incredible and does not disappoint. The long awaited Bioshock Infinite does not disappoint and excels in every way. Deferentially worthy of the Bioshock name and worthy of your purchase. Expand
  74. Apr 30, 2013
    Bioshock 1 is one of my favorite game ever, i never thought that bioshock infinite would be better cuz i really didn't like bioshock 2. But Bioshock Infinite is a MASTERPIECE, you can't leave the countroller, it's almost perfection. Really one or the best game ive ever played!
  75. May 1, 2013
    There's not much I can say that hasn't been said by many others, but this is absolutely my game of the year. Although I liked the previous BioShocks well enough, I had a lot more fun with Infinite. I've played it 11 times so far. I haven't replayed a game this much in many years.
  76. Jun 19, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite, for all intents and purposes is a game that delivers. Elizabeth is a lovable companion, and surprisingly for once, it doesn’t feel like an escort mission. Rather a companion that helps you out when you most need it. The setting and graphics are nothing short of breathtaking. Everywhere you look there is something interesting to look at; it makes you slow down and take aBioshock Infinite, for all intents and purposes is a game that delivers. Elizabeth is a lovable companion, and surprisingly for once, it doesn’t feel like an escort mission. Rather a companion that helps you out when you most need it. The setting and graphics are nothing short of breathtaking. Everywhere you look there is something interesting to look at; it makes you slow down and take a good look before progressing. There is also no feeling of repetitiveness, the game offers quite a bit level design and variety.
    Game flaws would include the fact that you can only carry two weapons at a time, but other than that, there’s really nothing more that can be thought of.
    Bioshock Infinite is a game that will immerse you to the very end. This is a game that instantly hooks you into its world the moment you hit start, and doesn’t let you go until days after you finally get over that ending. It’s that good.
  77. May 3, 2013
    This game was a HUUUGE improvement over the other ones. The first one was okay, the second one was a complete lost of time, but the third one, which usualy in games the third game in the series is the worst, in this case, is probably the best. Good atmosphere at all, very good graphics, music, gameplay is fine, also the grappling hook is very good, and it's a nice add to the game. TheThis game was a HUUUGE improvement over the other ones. The first one was okay, the second one was a complete lost of time, but the third one, which usualy in games the third game in the series is the worst, in this case, is probably the best. Good atmosphere at all, very good graphics, music, gameplay is fine, also the grappling hook is very good, and it's a nice add to the game. The ending was a bit disappointing, and I think they could have done it better. Though, this game get's a 9/10. Expand
  78. May 12, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a terrific entry into the Bioshock franchise giving us a beautiful flying city, intelligent AI, breathtaking combat system, magnificent story and probably the best FPS by far that I have ever played. From the audio to the screaming of the Songbird, the music ticks all the right boxes. All the way from start to finish this game shows us that games can become an art formBioshock Infinite is a terrific entry into the Bioshock franchise giving us a beautiful flying city, intelligent AI, breathtaking combat system, magnificent story and probably the best FPS by far that I have ever played. From the audio to the screaming of the Songbird, the music ticks all the right boxes. All the way from start to finish this game shows us that games can become an art form and who could deny that claim.

This game has stunning visuals that would make a computer melt its screen because of it. Columbia looks like a peaceful place but it is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off and the dark underbelly of this FPS shows us that with some bloody violence and some dark and gritty themes all sugarcoated in that 1900's optimism. The skyhook is such a welcome addition to this game and Elizabeth really shines as a partner (although sometimes she feels like a disney princess trapped in an FPS.)

Full of twist and turns and with great randomly generated Gear thrown at you to change up the gameplay with every playthrough this game delivers on what it promised and proves that Bioshock is as good as ever and I'm sure another Bioshock will follow after this one, how could it not. This was a 10 out of 10 experience for me and after the end credits rolled I just wanted to play it all over again, this shows that it was doing something right and it sure has.
  79. May 15, 2013
    Beautiful Imagery, with a clever plot combines for a wonderful and exiting return to the mind of Ken Levine and the Bioshock universe. Yet throughout my ventures into "Columbia", i felt something was missing. The highly boasted companion A.I became a repetitive blend of an ammo source and questionably perfecting the art of dodging straying bullets. I also felt the lack of a real threatBeautiful Imagery, with a clever plot combines for a wonderful and exiting return to the mind of Ken Levine and the Bioshock universe. Yet throughout my ventures into "Columbia", i felt something was missing. The highly boasted companion A.I became a repetitive blend of an ammo source and questionably perfecting the art of dodging straying bullets. I also felt the lack of a real threat enemy became highly apparent in the closing final act, with the presence of "1999 Mode" boasting a "Real Challenge" it felt more like a tweaked hard mode.

The voice and audio work, really carried this game with some impressionable moments. As a gamer i would highly recommend it, yet i believe the original heavily over shadows it and alot of gamers carry their love for the original over to this and are blinded by some of its flaws. "Columbia" itself became just a mere ground for combat as soon as the first shots echoed from Bookers pistol. The people within disappeared into the shadows and later become these strange, narrative breakers or a mere limbo between combat. The audio logs which made "Rapture" so vivid, became another plot device.

To finish this review "Bioshock: Infinite" is a great game with some brilliant moments and a finish which will boggle the mind, yet has it flaws which have been overlooked by so many.

Premium Edition Content Review 9/10- £54.99
    I have always been a fan of alternate editions yet i feel this trend have more slipped into additional content rather anything of substances, however this package was an ideal blend, with a beautiful art book, ideal for the bigger fans of the series.
  80. May 17, 2013
    So this game is so beautiful i never seen anything like it before and i mean story not graphics.
    This game goes easily to my top games. And there is ONLY FEW bad things in this game and they are that there is way too much shooting and enemies... also you cannot sneak past guards or avoid fighting normaly that's why it cannot get 10/10
  81. Jun 27, 2013
    A wonderfully crafted game with detail in every corner, a cohesive and interesting story that not only challenges the mind but grips it from start to finish. The art style is wonderful, creating a believable and beautiful world one could love to get lost in. Elizabeth is the best companion character of any game to date which serves to add to the combat as much as the story. A climax thatA wonderfully crafted game with detail in every corner, a cohesive and interesting story that not only challenges the mind but grips it from start to finish. The art style is wonderful, creating a believable and beautiful world one could love to get lost in. Elizabeth is the best companion character of any game to date which serves to add to the combat as much as the story. A climax that defies all belief marks this game out as one in a million, mastering the art of writing for an interactive medium, this is everything the first two games were and more. Well done Irrational Expand
  82. Jun 1, 2013
    Let me just say, this is not only one of, if not the best, written video game of all time, this is one of the most well written THING... as in Everything, of all time. I've never read a book with this good of a story. I've never watched a movie with this good of a story. I've never read a comic book with this good of a story, nor poem, nor song, nor play. It had me close to tears by theLet me just say, this is not only one of, if not the best, written video game of all time, this is one of the most well written THING... as in Everything, of all time. I've never read a book with this good of a story. I've never watched a movie with this good of a story. I've never read a comic book with this good of a story, nor poem, nor song, nor play. It had me close to tears by the end. It taps into the hidden potentials of video games as an artistic medium to make one of the greatest games of this generation. Expand
  83. Jul 29, 2013
    one of the best games of this generation, and prob one of the best of all time, the final was amazing, words cant explain the epicness of a ending like that, no gamer should avoid a game like this one
  84. Jun 4, 2013
    Its just a GREAT game. I cant even describe it. Its just so much fun to play and the story is great. It is just so much fun to play and after i write this review im going to play it. So its a VERY great game.
  85. Jun 5, 2013
    Where do I really start? do I outline the beautiful backdrops and atmosphere, or rant about the marvelous use of of powers?(vigors). I like to address the cons first before I dive into the meat of the game, unfortunately, the meat in this case is somewhat gimmicky and bitter tasting. More specifically, the rail system. Now don't get me wrong; its an innovative take on a shooter that neededWhere do I really start? do I outline the beautiful backdrops and atmosphere, or rant about the marvelous use of of powers?(vigors). I like to address the cons first before I dive into the meat of the game, unfortunately, the meat in this case is somewhat gimmicky and bitter tasting. More specifically, the rail system. Now don't get me wrong; its an innovative take on a shooter that needed that extra push, but after about 5 hours in, you realize that its more amusing to actually fight head on with the vigors than to utilize the hook system.

Now this is a double sided sword, while the system is something the series needed (a new mechanic) it suffers from being too far and grossly in between. When provided to the player the rails are quick "get away" tools and add tons of variety to simple run and gun tactics. In large areas surrounded by enemies is where the system works, so why they give you small clunky areas to operate in, is beyond me.

One quickly learns that the most fun part about the rails is the one hit deaths, which can be utilized indefinitely, so for you fans of Batman, this feature alone will bring back memories. Control wise, using the hook system is easy to jump into, nothing is complicated when it comes to using the hook, and taking in all the visual from the game while riding the rails is truly majestic; However as mentioned, combat wise, its a gimmick at best, but a gimmick that doesn't wear thin.

Onto the gameplay; its solid, its more than solid, its damn near perfect. Fans of both Bioshocks will fall right in, and newcomers will find it easy to pick apart any group of enemies with precision and glorious carnage. A major take on the previous powers, are the vigors; want to see your enemy burn into a cinder? how about command crows to tear flesh from those that oppose you? It's here, its visceral, and above all, its fun. All powers now come with a trap version that makes each and every power unique and extremely versatile.

This is where the game really shines, simply because of the subjectivity of the player(s), some people may not like fire (as rare as that may seem) others, may prefer to stop their enemies in their tracks and create a shooting gallery for themselves, nothing is off limits, and how you end a battle, can and usually is; completely different than how it began. This is mainly due to the fact that certain powers can be "combined" by using them after another; for example; using the crow summon on someone who's already on fire, will breed flame crows, a delicious little reward for those wanting to experiment, and that alone is reason enough to play the game.

The story is as most expected, beautiful, its carefully written, and easily immerses the player with accents, strong dialogues and unforgiving tones. This of course is expected if you played the last two games. Nothing in Bioshock is subtle, its in your face, and shouts to be heard, seen and even tasted.

The visuals of course are on par with the stunning beauty of the likes of Skyrim, the atmosphere is spot on, and most of the time you'll be taking pauses to just look around and take it all in, even the sounds keep you wanting to play the game even if you only have a few seconds to spare.

Bioshock Infinite is gold coated in honey and wrapped in bacon; its everything you want from the series, and more, the only reason it isn't a 10 in my eyes, is simply because the use of the rail system is a tad gimmicky at times, and the final "fight" was far too typical and one dimensional.
  86. Jun 6, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite may have one of the best stories I have heard, in movies and games. The character of Elizabeth is captivating and masterfully written, the city of Columbia is as fully realised as Rapture was & the twists and turns are genious. The graphics aren't the best we've seen but the gorgeous art design completely saves it. The voice acting is top class and completely believable.Bioshock Infinite may have one of the best stories I have heard, in movies and games. The character of Elizabeth is captivating and masterfully written, the city of Columbia is as fully realised as Rapture was & the twists and turns are genious. The graphics aren't the best we've seen but the gorgeous art design completely saves it. The voice acting is top class and completely believable. I loved Bioshock Infinite so much, but I can't give it a perfect score due to it's only average gameplay mechanics. I felt that the original Bioshock suffered from this as well but not as much because it's more random encounters of enemies then waves of them, which Bioshock Infinite has, but I still had fun with the game at times, and it never took me out of the story at any time. I played Bioshock Infinite a month or two ago and I'm still thinking about the story and it's ending, which I'd like to say is one of the most satisfying endings I have ever come across. Ken Levine, you are a genius. Expand
  87. Sep 20, 2013
    This is another story were I was emotionally invested in seeing the ending, and without any spoilers it did not disappoint. My only grip with was its game-play ya it was good but it lacked a lot. For one it was not hard to play it was fairly easy. Towards the end it got tedious to play it got a bit repetitive. Not a lot of gun variety when that is your primary source of killing fools. AndThis is another story were I was emotionally invested in seeing the ending, and without any spoilers it did not disappoint. My only grip with was its game-play ya it was good but it lacked a lot. For one it was not hard to play it was fairly easy. Towards the end it got tedious to play it got a bit repetitive. Not a lot of gun variety when that is your primary source of killing fools. And why couldn't I hold more than two guns? With that being said I still loved the game and would recommend it to everyone with a PC Xbox or PS3 Expand
  88. Jun 10, 2013
    The feel of the game is what was incredible for me. The developers did such a nice job bringing you into a 1912 Sci-Fy World. I was completely indulged in the story and felt as if I was actually Detective Booker running around with guns and throwing magical grenades, trying to get from point A to point B.

Which was my only problem, getting to point A to point B was sometimes a chore for me. At times I felt like I just wanted the combat to stop so I could get to my next objective. On the other hand, I can agree with all the hype and high review scores because this game achieved some of the most important aspects us gamers look for, and thats to fully wallow ourselves into the game.
  89. Jun 9, 2013
    A good game, but not a great game.
    A good game, but not a great game.
    Bioshock Infinate is visually incredible, apparent from the opening mission right throughout the entire game. But when you strip away those visuals, well its really just another shooter. And in my opinion just a decent shooter at that. The rail system running throughout Colombia however makes a what would otherwise a dull shooter, a much much better one. And I did have fun using it for a while.
    I was disappointed to find that a lot of the stuff we were shown in the year running up to the games release, never actually made it into the game. Having played and loved Bioshock I was also a little disappointed with the games setting Colombia. While it looked incredible it just felt too empty and desolate. Time between gunfights was mostly spent rooting in bins for ammo with little in the way of exploration and unlike Bioshocks underwater Rapture it never felt 'real'.
    Am not going to spoil the story for anyone. My opinion is that it was good. But nothing like some would have you believe.
  90. Jul 24, 2013
    Would give this game a 8.8/10...
    A brilliant game that will certainly go down as a classic of our generation however, it is not without its flaws. The game has a strong story with a great ending and twist that even few movies could say are better and the characters are stellar and well written. The voice acting is sublime and the core game play is relatively good.
    The issues do however
    Would give this game a 8.8/10...
    The issues do however stick out, especially if playing the game is played for long periods. The combat can be repetitive and tedious and their is far too much back tracking for a game of this scope. I played the game on medium and it was far too easy but suddenly the last battle on the ship was almost impossible without a tip from the net. The inclusion of Elizabeth's tears made combat bit more varied yet the same things kept being rehashed and a bit more variety and creativity would have been nice. Another minor gripe for me is the power ups/plasmids. They aren't explained at all like in the first game and don't seem to belong along with being relatively useless for most of the game as guns just seem to be a better option throughout.
    The game does have beautiful visuals however, and the world is very well thought out and made. The music is sublime and it creates a brilliant and intriguing atmosphere at the start and becomes eerie and creepy towards the end.
    I have to confess that this is not the best Bioshock game as that crown is definitely still with the first one, but this is still a game that you should definitely not miss and is worth playing even though there are minor issues I pointed out.
  91. Jun 11, 2013
    stunning don't hesitate buy it brilliant story best looking game i played in awhile and gore galore. this game is the best in the series by far also has a few mini games built in which can be fun ~P
  92. Jun 11, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite contains everything a game should have; good gameplay, a great story, admirable characters- this game got it all. Hyped up since the announcing of it, Bioshock Infinite was surely in for a ride. I preordered a copy and waited. Finally, the game was starting up. The gameplay was amazing. They clearly fixed the shooting problems that was from the first game, and added a lotBioshock Infinite contains everything a game should have; good gameplay, a great story, admirable characters- this game got it all. Hyped up since the announcing of it, Bioshock Infinite was surely in for a ride. I preordered a copy and waited. Finally, the game was starting up. The gameplay was amazing. They clearly fixed the shooting problems that was from the first game, and added a lot more weapons. The story was mind-blowing, and there is a HUUUUGEE twist that comes out of this. You become attached to the characters with the snap of your finger, and you meet many more along the way. The voice acting is incredible, ranging from teary song lyrics sung by Elizabeth to heart-breaking tales told by Booker. I highly recommend this game- and if you played the first two games like I did, you will like it ever more. Expand
  93. Jun 17, 2013
    "Just because a city flies doesn't mean it don't have it's share of fools." Let Me say I enjoyed this game a lot. I loved the dynamic between Booker and Elizabeth. I absolutely loved watching Columbia crumble around Them as the Comstock faithful fought with the Vox populi. The graphics are not that great, but when You consider the scope of this whole city existing and floating and swaying"Just because a city flies doesn't mean it don't have it's share of fools." Let Me say I enjoyed this game a lot. I loved the dynamic between Booker and Elizabeth. I absolutely loved watching Columbia crumble around Them as the Comstock faithful fought with the Vox populi. The graphics are not that great, but when You consider the scope of this whole city existing and floating and swaying in the wind while leaves fall from the trees and people populate the streets conversing it's easy to forgive any minor flaws You could nitpick from the presentation. The gameplay is light and pretty good actually I loved the vigors You get to take advantage of and the weapons provided. I'd have to say thee most fascinating facet of this game is the presence of the Lutece siblings. All of their dialogue is smart, witty, amusing, and thought provoking. overall a wonderful game if not a tad bit overrated. Expand
  94. Jun 19, 2013
    I love the game, the shooting mechanics are superb. The level design is really creative and fantastic. The best thing about this game was Elizabeth. She is one of the best companions in video gaming history.
  95. Oct 25, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite would've been my first Bioshock. But I decided to play through the original Bioshock first, since it came with Infinite as a downloadable bonus. After I finished Bioshock, I played through Bioshock Infinite right after so the first Bioshock would be fresh in my mind and so I could compare them. I am happy to say that while I prefer the first one, Bioshock Infinite is oneBioshock Infinite would've been my first Bioshock. But I decided to play through the original Bioshock first, since it came with Infinite as a downloadable bonus. After I finished Bioshock, I played through Bioshock Infinite right after so the first Bioshock would be fresh in my mind and so I could compare them. I am happy to say that while I prefer the first one, Bioshock Infinite is one of the best games I have ever played. The graphics in this game are BEAUTIFUL- seriously, everything looked amazing. The city of Columbia always felt alive and vibrant, even when you were fighting people. Where Rapture was dark and gloomy, Columbia is bright and colorful, which is a welcome change. Don't get me wrong, I loved Rapture, but I liked Columbia better as a city. Gameplay wise, Infinite controls well, and the mechanics of using visors and shooting are solid. The best part of infinite, in my opinion, is the story. I was not expecting anything this deep and intricate. Booker DeWitt (the character you play as), and Elizabeth, the girl you protect, are great characters, and they help the story in a bunch of ways. The ending of the story is one of the most though provoking endings I've ever experienced, and I implore you not to spoil it for yourself before playing. The only reason I like The first Bioshock better is because it just appealed to me more. While I didn't like a rapture as much, the game made me feel scared and nervous, which is exactly what it was supposed to do. It had great survival horror elements, and the enemies in that game were scary as HELL. That game was so dark, and I loved it for it. That's why I liked Bioshock better. That doesn't mean I didn't love Infinite, though. Infinite is, as I said earlier, one of the best games I've ever played. It is worth the buy. Expand
  96. Jun 20, 2013
    This game is pretty awesome! I am a huge fan of first person shooters. The skyline is something I have never seen in a video game. It was like going through a roller coaster. Controls were easy and adjustable. I liked this game because of the setting of a city in the sky, the graphics, textures, and the combat. Elizabeth was very helpful and not dead weight for me to look after. TheThis game is pretty awesome! I am a huge fan of first person shooters. The skyline is something I have never seen in a video game. It was like going through a roller coaster. Controls were easy and adjustable. I liked this game because of the setting of a city in the sky, the graphics, textures, and the combat. Elizabeth was very helpful and not dead weight for me to look after. The story was intriguing but I was a little disappointed by the ending because it was a little confusing until my second play through.

Bottom Line: Excellent Shooter, helpful AI, unique setting, with a cerebral ending
  97. Jun 22, 2013
    I've played many wonderful games in my youth. You know, when you are young and world is new and your friends are around and having fun everything is so much better.

I became software developer. As ages passed I've got lonelier. As I've become more experienced I've started to be numb to the new games. Yes, I saw colors in them and, sure, I bited. But to my sadness I felt no taste, no emotions. I felt I'm a keyboard&mouse operating machine that needs to execute to finish the game.

I though I'm getting old. Took me a while....

I've started Bioshock Infinite with usual: I've saved so many worlds before, this will be done in no time, just show me The Boss.

And then somewhere half way though the I felt that tingling sensation. I felt something! I felt the people who created this game saves many worlds as well. And this one is somehow different. I felt young and surprised by the world.

And when I passed the game ending I was just an ashamed and astonished kid that was lucky to touch the masterpiece made by of people truly order of magnitude wiser then him.
  98. Jun 23, 2013
    Certainly a good game, but lacking rather a lot in comparisson to the first Bioshock. The world, though beautiful and original, doesn't feel cohesive. The game also suffers greatly from overambition in terms of themes. It seeks to explore far too much, and ends up not giving any of the ideas it wants to explore any of the depth they deserve. This is particularly true of racism, nationalismCertainly a good game, but lacking rather a lot in comparisson to the first Bioshock. The world, though beautiful and original, doesn't feel cohesive. The game also suffers greatly from overambition in terms of themes. It seeks to explore far too much, and ends up not giving any of the ideas it wants to explore any of the depth they deserve. This is particularly true of racism, nationalism and zealotism which simply serve as backdrop to a larger sci-fi adventure. The main characters of Brooker and Elizabeth are good as far as game characters go, though nothing particularly special in terms of depth. Gameplay is fun and liberating, but doesn't fit within the world particularly, and can become a chore at times as you fight wave after wave of enemies. Expand
  99. Jun 23, 2013
    If you are a human being you should buy this game, period. I just recommend that you don't speed through the game because you might miss a lot of great details and foreshadowing in the game. You will end up loving Elizabeth, who is the best AI companion I've seen in a video game. If you like shooters, this is for you. The sky line and vigors add some variety to the combat while theIf you are a human being you should buy this game, period. I just recommend that you don't speed through the game because you might miss a lot of great details and foreshadowing in the game. You will end up loving Elizabeth, who is the best AI companion I've seen in a video game. If you like shooters, this is for you. The sky line and vigors add some variety to the combat while the excellent story will motivate you to push through. My one issue is with the graphics, which I expected to be much better. Things look a little too grainysometimes and it leaves you wanting more. But this is a minor gripe and you should definitely pick this game up. Expand
  100. Jun 25, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite has an amazing story, beautiful graphics and memorable characters but lacks in game play. It's not terrible its just nothing special. The Vigors are fun to use but some of them are under powered and so are some of the weapons. I recommend this game just for the story. Seriously the ending will blow you'er mind.

1. May 27, 2013
    In an infinite universe, anything can happen, but in Infinite's, the specifics are what get you.
  2. Play UK
    Apr 23, 2013
    One of those rare games that speaks to the player on a personal, emotional level with a thought-provoking, mature storyline set in one of the most amazing worlds conceived in a game. Plus, it's a wonderful FPS with deep, tactical combat. Essential. [Issue#230, p.66]
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Apr 22, 2013
    Multiple dimensions and a clever scenario with a surprise around every corner make it difficult for us to explain our enthusiasm without spoiling the story. Only the extended ghost chase (literally) halfway through the game drags on a bit too long. [April 2013, p.74]