8.5

1. Jan 18, 2014
    Fun, and awesome.
    The story was at most pretty good and without giving away spoilers: It gets CRAZY, the PS move support felt more like playing CoD on Wii, and there were some frame rate drops, if you are a PS Plus member, luckily this is free until a certain time.
    Still I would highly recommend this.
  2. Sep 9, 2013
    The game is a beautiful world to discover and explore and amazing graphics but they needed more likeable side characters and little more back story for Comstock, Elizabeth and booker but it is an awesome game
  3. Sep 14, 2013
    I love everything about this game. First of all the gameplay is absolutely great; it never bored me. The characters in the game are amazing too. Elizabeth is an absolutely brilliant character. From all game characters, Elizabeth is the most human-like yet, who really brings emotion into the game. As the game progresses you caring for her and her feelings. Also Robert and Rosalind LuteceI love everything about this game. First of all the gameplay is absolutely great; it never bored me. The characters in the game are amazing too. Elizabeth is an absolutely brilliant character. From all game characters, Elizabeth is the most human-like yet, who really brings emotion into the game. As the game progresses you caring for her and her feelings. Also Robert and Rosalind Lutece are outstanding characters. In fact, they are my favourite characters of the game, above Elizabeth. Their witty comments and their mysterious nature makes them incredible interesting.
    What really makes this game a true masterpiece is its story. Reading about the history of the characters and the city is very interesting and gives you more insight on what's happening around you. But what makes the story really that amazing is that BioShock Infinite has the best ending of all games I have ever played. Its unpredictability and genius is just amazing. I don't want to spoil anything, so there is not much more I want to say about the ending. Just play the game and you will see yourself.
    I really recommend getting this game.
  4. Sep 24, 2013
    Combat overkill ruined the story and any fun in exploring the world. Watch a few youtube playthroughs and you'll get the gist of what I'm saying as you hear the let's players noticably sigh as they enter yet another area/shooting gallery filled with goons and realise that ALL of them must be killed. When it comes to gameplay mechanics, subtlety is not this game's forte.

Shame because

Shame because the world and story seemed quite interesting.

Very over-hyped, overpraised and technically and mechanically lagging well behind many of today's AAA games.
  5. Sep 25, 2013
    High quality story and production, the sky hook system is a pain to use and choosing tears to open doesn't work and just gives away that the enemies are nearby. These drawbacks are balanced by the great things transferred over from the original Bio shock, however it also makes you miss the things that aren't. The sky city of Columbia is worth visiting for its art and atmosphere.
  6. Jan 21, 2014
    If you expected a game that is a lot like the originals, think again. The latest installment of the Bioshock series gives a bit more of a fast paced shooter, rather than a strategic "Horror-Shooter". They have simplified many mechanics (such as hacking no longer being there) to the game, but this does not make it bad. This game is simply it's own game, rather than a game feeding off of theIf you expected a game that is a lot like the originals, think again. The latest installment of the Bioshock series gives a bit more of a fast paced shooter, rather than a strategic "Horror-Shooter". They have simplified many mechanics (such as hacking no longer being there) to the game, but this does not make it bad. This game is simply it's own game, rather than a game feeding off of the old game's success. I'm glad for this, even though I prefer the originals. The series changes from being mostly about the city and the powers. While in Infinite, the powers known as Vigors are simply there to assist the player, rather than being a large plot point. Infinite is much more character heavy. The characters matter much more than they did in the original. Overall this is a great game, with changes that make it it's own game, making it fresh and new. Though I do wish that they will do more with Rapture, other than just DLC. Expand
  7. Aug 11, 2014
    This game is completely overrated. Its not bad game - we can find thousands of FPS which are not as good as this game. Unfortunately this is Bioshock franchise so we have to use special optics to measure this one.
    If you are *Shock fan - preapare yourself for disappointment. There is no strategy, there is no hacking, there is no puzzles, you can carry only two weapons which are generally equal - pistol have almost the same power as machine gun so there is no need for tactics. Vending machines offers all necessary items in low prices - you don't have to think to much about money;)
    I will write nothing about the graphics as its just simply ok. But climate .... Its just so f***ng sweet.... geeez. There is no moment when you feel like rat in a maze, there is no fear, no sense of danger. In rest of *Shock series you were alone in the world full of beasts - here you simply dont care. This is just another FPS- nothing new, with world set up in the skies. Ive been so bored that I could not stand one hour with this game - have to take it one hour day by day ;) I bought it for about 15$ in bargain bin - and i think its worth 10$ - just for acceptable graphics and Bioshock nice name on front cover ;)
    Ant this game shows that "professional critics" are pay by game corporations - I could not find so called "review" with score about 60% - I do not believe that all of them liked Infinitie
  8. Oct 19, 2013
    Very pretty, very fun. However, when you a game tries so many new things you can't help but see the Vigors are essentially useless in this game, not very effective and unnecessary. The two gun carry limit severely hinders the game by causing players to stay with guns that are well rounded rather than specialized weapons. When your player is afraid to carry around an RPG for an enemy thatVery pretty, very fun. However, when you a game tries so many new things you can't help but see the Vigors are essentially useless in this game, not very effective and unnecessary. The two gun carry limit severely hinders the game by causing players to stay with guns that are well rounded rather than specialized weapons. When your player is afraid to carry around an RPG for an enemy that may or may not show up, you've up. I steered clear from big guns and precision weapons because of how much of a risk they were to carry. The story flip flops everywhere but eventually ties up pretty nicely, save for a few major plot holes that will most likely go ignored because of the suspension of disbelief the game maintains quite excellently. Most of the difficulty is cheap and does not allow for much strategic implementation of tools, (see above), most fights consist of hiding behind cover to recharge shield and out lasting enemies in a battle consisting of constantly giving out and soaking up damage. There was no real smart way to defeat enemies. Enemies are not specialized, they are brutes, bigger brutes, and even bigger brutes. There was no special way to deal with enemies you just kind of shot at them until they died. Story and characters are where this game puts most of it's focus, and it's... kinda underwhelming. Booker is a stereotypical anti-hero with a dark past and Elizabeth is kind of bland. Comstock is not a devilishly smart villain, he's just a racist religious nut with an army of thick headed brutes that are also racist. The only interesting characters are the Lutece twins; their quirkiness and obscure goals really made a lot of the game for me. Yet, with all of these boring characters the game makes them seem special, it makes you care about these characters, and that is quite a feat. The ending is heart wrenching and will leave you feeling empty inside for a few days. This game is quite a milestone for the nature of games as art but we still have quite our ways to go. Overall, worth it's price tag. The thing this game does well is fun. Some of the difficulty is I would recommend medium for optimal enjoyment, but yet it finds a way to be loads of fun. Expand
  9. Oct 22, 2013
    Although this game is waaaay different than the first two Bioshocks, it is still an amazing game. It earns the 10 it gets. The visuals are just breathtaking,the gameplay is smooth and fast, the characters are kind of meh but some are amazing, the story will keep you wanting more and the overall feel is nice. It's GOTY worthy and worthy of your money.
  10. Nov 1, 2013
    If you are of those people who are looking to play a commercial fps, please be away from this game, it has a complicated story, different mechanics compared to other shooters, and it has no multi-player, but if you are looking for great solo experience, intriguing story, incredible game design, funny game-play mechanics, beautiful visuals, in short, a excellent game experience; well thisIf you are of those people who are looking to play a commercial fps, please be away from this game, it has a complicated story, different mechanics compared to other shooters, and it has no multi-player, but if you are looking for great solo experience, intriguing story, incredible game design, funny game-play mechanics, beautiful visuals, in short, a excellent game experience; well this is the game you wanna play. Expand
  11. Nov 2, 2013
    OMFG!!! This game is amazing.

The game started of good, and the flying city of Colombia is interesting to say at least. When I played this game I had not played any other BioShock games, but now I have started to play BioShock 1. Graphics in this game are not made to look realistic, but both art style and graphics are gorgeous. And the extreme amount of gore just helps the game on the
    OMFG!!! This game is amazing.

Graphics in this game are not made to look realistic, but both art style and graphics are gorgeous. And the extreme amount of gore just helps the game on the way. The combat and shooting mechanics are very fluid and fun to play with.
    But what really blew my mind with this game was the ending. And without spoiling it is going to leave you with questions and I thought about it for the entire credits before I fully understood it.
  12. Nov 13, 2013
    Good game. A little overhyped, but good nontheless. The story is great and makes you want to keep playing to find out what will happen next. It will also leave you thinking for a while after the credits start rolling. Gameplay wise it's a pretty standard FPS with a couple of original ideas such as rail riding thrown in. I personally found some of the longer shooting sequences boring andGood game. A little overhyped, but good nontheless. The story is great and makes you want to keep playing to find out what will happen next. It will also leave you thinking for a while after the credits start rolling. Gameplay wise it's a pretty standard FPS with a couple of original ideas such as rail riding thrown in. I personally found some of the longer shooting sequences boring and just wanted to get on with the fantastic story. Expand
  13. Nov 24, 2013
    In a nutshell: this is the best game I have ever played ever, and one of the best games you and I will ever play. It is perfect. It is raw, unadultarated and makes no apologies for it, yet it is beautifully balanced in every way. The mind-bending vistas of Columbia, the "Repunsel-inspired" story, the creative cause and effect combat that has become so classic to BioShock and then there'sIn a nutshell: this is the best game I have ever played ever, and one of the best games you and I will ever play. It is perfect. It is raw, unadultarated and makes no apologies for it, yet it is beautifully balanced in every way. The mind-bending vistas of Columbia, the "Repunsel-inspired" story, the creative cause and effect combat that has become so classic to BioShock and then there's the really special little gem called Elizabeth... I didn't know AI's could be this human, honest to God she has more character in her severed "pinkie" finger than the entire human race put together. BioShock Infinite has something for everyone, no matter how big or small everyone can connect with this masterpiece on some level. But really the only reason BioShock Infinite gets 10/10 is because I can't give it 21/10. Expand
  14. Jan 2, 2014
    Bioshock Infinite is a fantastic game and one of my favorite experiences of 2013. The floating city of Columbia, with its extremely vibrant artistic design and old-timey feel reminiscent of Disney World's Main Street, is one of the most memorable video game worlds to explore. I loved walking down the street listening to a barbershop quartet and watching the different floating islands weaveBioshock Infinite is a fantastic game and one of my favorite experiences of 2013. The floating city of Columbia, with its extremely vibrant artistic design and old-timey feel reminiscent of Disney World's Main Street, is one of the most memorable video game worlds to explore. I loved walking down the street listening to a barbershop quartet and watching the different floating islands weave throughout the clouds in all their majestic glory. The story is also nearly unrivaled in all of video games, starring Troy Baker as the lovable yet mysterious Booker DeWitt, a former Pinkerton agent tasked to finding and retrieving a girl named Elizabeth to repay an old debt. While the chemistry doesn't come close to matching that of Joel and Ellie in The Last of Us, both lead characters are extremely memorable and leave a lasting impression long after the credits roll. Elizabeth herself is a technical marvel, interacting with the environment to not only instill an incredible sense of realism, but also aid you in your journey by providing vital ammunition and health kits when your inventory runs dry. This trick is unbelievably useful to the player during tough fighting sequences, along with Elizabeth's special power of opening tears into other dimensions and pulling in useful allies or new weapons to manipulate. All of these benefits make Elizabeth one of the greatest sidekicks ever conceived, especially when considering her charming innocence but surprising cleverness, as seen by her philosophical quotes and lock picking abilities. By establishing two incredible leads, Irrational Games has crafted an experience that warrants multiple playthroughs, especially when the ending puts the entire narrative into a whole new perspective. The graphics also look gorgeous, but more of on an artistic level rather than a technical. Again I find myself comparing the game to the Last of Us, whose superb facial animations and movements cannot be beaten.
    On the downside, Bioshock Infinite has noticeable flaws. While the combat is engaging, it does get extremely repetitive during the midsection of the story. It feels like your standard formula of walking to a room, shooting up enemies, rinse and repeat. The skyline system, which was intended to spice up gameplay by changing combat locations and offering new shooting locations, are nauseating to use and make it impossible to lock onto your targets. In addition, I found myself rarely changing guns or Vigors, drinks that offer special combat powers, as the ones provided for me in the beginning were powerful enough to get me through the game with ease. Instead of enjoying the gameplay, I tried rushing through levels just to advance the incredible story. While there are several other nitpicks (not being able to fight the massive Songbird, overwhelming numbers of foes with little ammunition, a repetitive overall soundtrack, background characters that ruin the immersion by repeating their actions) I could focus on, none of them truly detract from the experience.
    Bioshock Infinite is a game that needs to be seen to be believed. The atmosphere is unparalleled, the lead characters are unforgettable, and the ending will leave you begging to return to Columbia for another adventure. While some aspects of the game need fine-tuning (especially in the gameplay department) and it falls short of the high upper class of gaming, it is still one of the best adventures I've ever played in a long time. There's definitely a better game awaiting in the sky.

9.4/10
  15. Jan 31, 2014
    It is no doubt this game does very well on gameplay with much more weapons, abilities and enemies than the first Bioshock. This does not only mean improvement in quantity but also in quality because All these more are well functioned so you can enjoy killing in various ways for more fun.

The trade off is the style changes a lot from the first Bioshock, which makes me a bit disappointed . This one is much more inclined to action adventure (yet still very firm-noir), while the first one is more psycho-horror.

Another thing the game does very well is that the artistic and layered environment is always changed in different chapters, thus sustaining you excitement and curiosity, while the story is very weak, which I almost didn't care about.

The most disappointing thing is that the introduction of psycho power of the heroine to bridge different worlds (Do you remember in the trailer where the heroine relives a horse and transfers an incoming train?) was the most anticipating aspect for me, but ends up with just some cheesy weapon transfer ability in the real game execution. It seems the dev has a good idea at first, and then just cannot figure out how to well integrate it into gameplay. Plus, even in the cutscene, the psycho power is never showed again if I still remember it.
  16. May 29, 2014
    I think the story is really interesting. It was the only reason for me to play this game. Bud it is probably because this kind of games is not my cup of tea.
  17. Dec 23, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. Great graphics, epic story, incredible soundtrack, AMAZINGLY fun and entertaining gameplay with a ton of options in combat, only issue I have is that it is incredibly short. In my first playthrough on hard mode it only took me around 12 hours and 1999 mode only added an extra hour to my gameplay time. But this game is a must own on any platform.
  18. Jun 17, 2014
    I didn't dislike the game, I enjoyed the atmosphere, Elizabeth, and the vigors, but I don't like it as much as everyone else seems to. I don't know why. The game just didn't click with me that much. The story really started to loose me at the end. That being said, it is still fun and you may enjoy more then I did.
  19. Jan 13, 2014
    This game isn´t my top Game of the Year like for most people is, because for a journey full of uncomfortable themes, a great deal of emotions and taking place in a beautifully imagined city, even if the ending was very well executed, when I think about it, I ultimately find it to be silly in the end. But don´t let this that change your opinion about the game: it´s an amazing FPS shooterThis game isn´t my top Game of the Year like for most people is, because for a journey full of uncomfortable themes, a great deal of emotions and taking place in a beautifully imagined city, even if the ending was very well executed, when I think about it, I ultimately find it to be silly in the end. But don´t let this that change your opinion about the game: it´s an amazing FPS shooter all the way. The story is told in a beautiful manner, because it strikes you at times, and it makes you care for Booker and Elizabeth, who are probably the most conspicuous duo that I´ve met so far. But for the villains, I prefer Andrew Ryan over Comstock, and Songbird wasn´t given a major role in the game, just a tool device, because we don´t explore him enough. Gameplay is engaging and fun, I think even more engaging than the first Bioshock because of the context and, primarily, the Vigors. The enemies are well designed and quite intimidating, like the Handyman and the Patriot. The Skylines are lots of fun, adding a great feel in this floating city of Columbia. Elizabeth aids you in combat, throwing at you health, ammo and salts when you desperately need it; I just wish Elizabeth was given a gun at combat, because that, aside of making her help you more, it would have given her a trait as a intelligent, courageous and strong woman trying to survive the Vox Populi and Comstock´s men alongside Booker, not someone who hides and throws stuff at you. Now, I originally intended to give it an 8 in the overall, but with great protagonists, a superbly crafted city, an engaging combat, and lots of achievements in storytelling (this gave it an extra point), there´s no doubt that lots of game developers might take this game´s storytelling as a model for future games. Expand
  20. Jan 15, 2014
    Second one is better ! All i'm saying Second one is better ! All i'm saying Second one is better ! All i'm saying Second one is better ! All i'm saying Second one is better ! All i'm saying
  21. Jan 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A beautiful game. The floating city of Columbia may be the most vibrant and stunning environment we've ever seen in a video game. Solid gameplay, a story and extreme twist that is bound to give you a headache, and dynamic life-like characters. I'm not sure if a game has ever had as much as an impact as this game had on me. A perfect game. 10/10
    ....BOOKER CATCH!
  22. Jan 18, 2014
    Very disappointed. Vigors were boring, weapons the same. I liked having a sniper, but otherwise boring combat. Apparently, I was the only one that saw the "surprise" twist at the end, but doing so made it that much worse. I mean Comstock alludes to Booker's secret, and Booker's reaction enforces it. I still can't fathom why people like this game. I beat it, and I feel sad that I wastedVery disappointed. Vigors were boring, weapons the same. I liked having a sniper, but otherwise boring combat. Apparently, I was the only one that saw the "surprise" twist at the end, but doing so made it that much worse. I mean Comstock alludes to Booker's secret, and Booker's reaction enforces it. I still can't fathom why people like this game. I beat it, and I feel sad that I wasted time doing so. Of course, some people didn't like bioshock 1, and I loved that game, so I suppose everyone's different. Expand
  23. Feb 9, 2014
    This game... This freaking game is amazing, PICTURE PERFECT. Having being the second Bioshock I've played, I was expecting something like Bioshock 2. But when I tried the game myself, it was bright and colorful. Gameplay wise its the same as Bioshock 1&2 but you can only carry 2 weapons at time. This was annoying yes but you learn to work around it. It actually makes it more engaging whenThis game... This freaking game is amazing, PICTURE PERFECT. Having being the second Bioshock I've played, I was expecting something like Bioshock 2. But when I tried the game myself, it was bright and colorful. Gameplay wise its the same as Bioshock 1&2 but you can only carry 2 weapons at time. This was annoying yes but you learn to work around it. It actually makes it more engaging when your in the middle of a fire fight, your out of ammo on both your weapons, you can pick one of the weapons an enemy dropped and use it. The music is nice, not really my taste seeing as how the music is 1910s. Storywise, UGH!! CAN NOT GET ENOUGH OF IT!! This game is a must have. I recommend it for ANY gamer out there who loves to think and get engaged to the story Expand
  24. Jan 21, 2014
    Simply one of the most entertaining and fun games I've ever played on my PS3. It's a blast to ride down a skyline shooting up bad guys and using superpowers to get out of sticky situations, upgrading weapons and powers make the game fun and offers different play options and styles.
    The story can be a little convoluted but it's still a lot of fun and more thought out than 90% of the stuff out there.Graphics and settings are nice to look at, great package all together. No multiplayer but honestly it's not about that, if you want multiplayer look elsewhere. If you want an awesome fps game that cares about it's singleplayer and wants to take you on a ride, get this game.
  25. Jan 22, 2014
    Absolutely incredible game. This was the first of the BioShock franchise i've played and it has easily become one of my favourite video games ever. The graphics and locations are stunningly beautiful, and the gameplay is great. The story itself keeps you interested till the very end. All in all, a masterpiece.
  26. Apr 22, 2014
    There are no words that describe how flawlessly this game executes gameplay and story, and how well it mixes a great shooter with such an in-depth world. I had my doubts, definitely. I fell in love with Rapture, and it was hard to give up the dark, dreary, fallen city of hope for the flying city of Columbia, but I'm so glad I did. Bioshock blew my mind, it took me to a place I had neverThere are no words that describe how flawlessly this game executes gameplay and story, and how well it mixes a great shooter with such an in-depth world. I had my doubts, definitely. I fell in love with Rapture, and it was hard to give up the dark, dreary, fallen city of hope for the flying city of Columbia, but I'm so glad I did. Bioshock blew my mind, it took me to a place I had never experienced with games. The big reviewers will tell you it drops off in the middle, but that wasn't the case for me, I loved every moment of it and I would give just about anything to live in that city (before Booker of course). I'd like to note just how great the acting is from Troy Baker and Courtnee Draper, it's remarkable. The graphics look sort of cartoony at first, but it doesn't stop you from being completely sucked into the world. Calling this anything but the game of the year is a crime. The soundtrack is spot on and the world is believable. Of course, like all bioshocks, it is darker than it seems and packs a large twist at the end. Without spoiling anything, I'll say that it's bigger than than the first bioshock, and will leave you thinking for weeks after you finish the game. Which is good, this game had huge shoes to fill, and everyone knew that there would be a twist, and that's why it had to be great, it wasn't a surprise anymore. But the execution is amazing. I've never been happier to revisit a game and write a review. While I may believe that this game if for everyone, there is a sure way to tell; play the fist half hour of the game, and if you're not completely swept away, then maybe it isn't for you. But I promise, the margin of players who won't enjoy this, isn't even worth mentioning. I spent the better half of four hours exploring the city. No guns, no problems, just a new city to explore, and I enjoyed it tremendously. I cannot begin to explain how great this game is and how I actually found sentimental value in it. Play it, love it, and keep it forever. Whether you're a fan of the Bioshock series or not, now is the time to jump into the masterpiece that is Bioshock Infinite. Try it out, and you'll understand. I'll see you in Columbia. Expand
  27. Feb 8, 2014
    First off let me say. No PC gamer here but, I think this game probably would play better on PC. Now to get that out of the way, platform choice will not ruin this great game. This game has a great story, characters, and premise. Elizabeth the character you are with 90 - 95% of the time sold this game totally to me. She is the most helpful and best AI companion you will EVER see to thisFirst off let me say. No PC gamer here but, I think this game probably would play better on PC. Now to get that out of the way, platform choice will not ruin this great game. This game has a great story, characters, and premise. Elizabeth the character you are with 90 - 95% of the time sold this game totally to me. She is the most helpful and best AI companion you will EVER see to this day. The creation of Elizabeth was a true gaming achievement, that is after all makes this game most worth wile. The shooter aspect of the game is lacking to say the least but I think it didn't totally ruin the game, also another pet peeve is that the middle section of this game carries on FOREVER. Other than that BUY THIS GAME. You will not regret it, if you have a good brain in your head Expand
  28. Feb 14, 2014
    Bioshock infinte is a master piece sucking you into the world of Columbia right from the start but with a confusing middle it makes you feel that the narrative gets a little messy but the music,stunning visuals,and exicting world are enough to keep most engaged.In all bioshock infinte is a great end note to an even greater series and you this is not one to be avoided.
  29. Feb 22, 2014
    Best Bioshock to date. I know many people will disagree with me, but this game shocked me like nothing I've ever played before, even surpassing the shock value of the original. The game starts off fantastically, offering a bit of a nostalgia effect for old fans. Where as you took the bathysphere down to an a "hellish" place, you take an elevator up to an almost "heavenly" place. Not toBest Bioshock to date. I know many people will disagree with me, but this game shocked me like nothing I've ever played before, even surpassing the shock value of the original. The game starts off fantastically, offering a bit of a nostalgia effect for old fans. Where as you took the bathysphere down to an a "hellish" place, you take an elevator up to an almost "heavenly" place. Not to mention that the opening sequence is was so beautiful, it was probably the first time I've ever stopped to in awe, to look around and take in what I was seeing. The combat was a bit repetitive, but was fluent, and definitely felt better than the first two games. They also manage to throw in those horror elements the games are known for that you wouldn't expect from a city like Colombia.
    Enough about that though. The two things I think most people are wondering about are Elizabeth and the game's story. Well, Elizabeth is an amazing character, unique in almost every way, and she makes it feel like it's not an escort mission, but that she's been you're partner from the beginning. Seriously, now that I've seen what a god follower can do, I plan on going lone-wolf the next time I play a game such as Skyrim or FNV.
    Finally, there is the story, and let me tell you, this game delivers. From that amazing opening scene I mentioned earlier, to the ending. Oh boy, that ending. Never has any form of entertainment shocked me like this ending did, with a plot twist that even topped the original Bioshock's. And it still gives me the shivers on my 3rd playthrough. Game of the year, and one of the best of the generation.
  30. Mar 29, 2014
    when i first bought this game i was a bit sceptic at first but what i bought was one of the best games ever the game lays in the genre i like to call story driven fps where the game uses amazing visuals and a deep and gripping story dont get me wrong the game has tromenduos action scenes leaving me in aww you play as booker dewit a man who is sent to collect a girl in the floating city ofwhen i first bought this game i was a bit sceptic at first but what i bought was one of the best games ever the game lays in the genre i like to call story driven fps where the game uses amazing visuals and a deep and gripping story dont get me wrong the game has tromenduos action scenes leaving me in aww you play as booker dewit a man who is sent to collect a girl in the floating city of colombia where you unravel the secrets of the city the truth about elizibeth the gameplay is is amazing but can feel repetitive and predictible and the ending if you play this game to the end you will be left shocked and i almost forgot the sky hook system is superb but i feel as if the melee attacking on the scy hook was tacked on to try to ad a combat element for people who stay on these hooks all in all the game took me a little over 10 hours and that was on easy listen quick tip use the konami code to unlock 1999 mode where it is nvery hard this game is a blast and other than a few minorly small hicups in combat this game is a must buy Expand
  31. Feb 25, 2014
    best game ever if you haven't played this your life means nothing
    i mean you can not say that is was a bad game anyway this was the best best game i have ever played wonderful story awesome ending and you are just bioshocked when it ends!
  32. Mar 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gameplay got repetitive before the end + linear story + non-intuitive AI = no replay value. unique graphics and story make worth a play through, but no real reason to play it again. And as lauded as the immersion factor was, so often Elizabeth was supposed to be having some deep emotional moment, then mid dialogue is like "look booker 10 cents!" This was a good game, worth experiencing once, but no way does it belong in the discussions of best of all time.Not sure how people are justifying 9s-10s, bet its the same people giving those scores to Infamous. Maybe I'm drinking the wrong koolaid after playing truly great series like mass effect, metal gear, half life, fallout, elder scrolls, zelda, and gta/red dead, I found this game to be insanely overrated. Id go back and play any game from those series before thinking about playing through this again. Expand
  33. Apr 16, 2014
    This game was absolutely amazing. I am not usually a FPS but I gave in for this game and am so glad I did. The story line especially that ending...that ending! Of course no spoilers plus how can you possibly explain how it messes with your mind. I loved it. I was very fond of Elizabeth. Quite a character and great it didn't really feel like an escort mission. Whenever the dear threwThis game was absolutely amazing. I am not usually a FPS but I gave in for this game and am so glad I did. The story line especially that ending...that ending! Of course no spoilers plus how can you possibly explain how it messes with your mind. I loved it. I was very fond of Elizabeth. Quite a character and great it didn't really feel like an escort mission. Whenever the dear threw me some coin or ammo I would say thanks Liz. The visuals were the thing that drew me into playing the game but the storyline kept me playing. Outstanding. I am going to go for a second play through soon and I cannot wait to return to Columbia! Must get all those tapes... Expand
  34. Apr 10, 2014
    Like Bioshock 1 and 2, this game left a lasting impression for me. Playing it gave me a similar feeling to playing "Doom" for the first time. I won't go into too much detail on the story, because this is a review, not a synopsis, rest assured though, the story is very good. It provides a strong incentive to really kick some ass. And that's why Infinite is so well done: you feel like whatLike Bioshock 1 and 2, this game left a lasting impression for me. Playing it gave me a similar feeling to playing "Doom" for the first time. I won't go into too much detail on the story, because this is a review, not a synopsis, rest assured though, the story is very good. It provides a strong incentive to really kick some ass. And that's why Infinite is so well done: you feel like what you're doing has a purpose. It's not just a series of contrived objectives that gets you from point "A" to point "B;" the action has a very natural feel, as opposed to the heavily scripted, QTE games of today. This is a richly crafted game, with a very candid feel. Most importantly though, it's truly very fun, and it doesn't insult your intelligence! Best game of 2013. Expand
  35. Apr 20, 2014
    the first BioSchock game is a masterpiece and with that being said, Infinite is even better than the first game. I was worried that the city of Columbia would be to weird of a change from the eerie city of rapture, but infinite came off with a different vibe completely that made Columbia's beauty work so well. one of if not THE greatest story in a game ever and the most mind bendingthe first BioSchock game is a masterpiece and with that being said, Infinite is even better than the first game. I was worried that the city of Columbia would be to weird of a change from the eerie city of rapture, but infinite came off with a different vibe completely that made Columbia's beauty work so well. one of if not THE greatest story in a game ever and the most mind bending conclusions and plot twist I have ever seen in game, movie, book or anything! not everything is revieled to you either, a lot of it is left to your interpretation. also, Elizabeth is my favorite female character in a video game ever, (besides clementine from the walking dead). the gameplay is awesome as well, brilliantly violent and creative since the game offers more weapons and plasmids, I mean vicors, to use than the other games provides you with your own strategy to fight foes in any way you like. this is my favorite game of all time, and I don't say that lightly, I have never enjoyed a game as much as I enjoyed this one. Expand
  36. Apr 21, 2014
    Este juego puede hacerte pensar en muchas cosas, si hay algo más alla de la muerte o si la religión que profesas ha sido una farsa, ningun juego me ha hecho pensar esto desde el 1er Bioshock, que más puedo decir es perfecto y para cada lucha tienes que tener estrategia y te hace pensar (algo que no hacía desde el Doom haya en 1997) es la 5ta sinfonia de los FPS actual
  37. Apr 28, 2014
    The most overated game in years. The story is interesting but, the characters were flat. The gameplay worked fine and there were no bugs but, it felt restricted, linear and dull. The graphics were good when it came to things being seen far away but, up close nothing is that impressive. It's an okay game but, one of the best games of all time, you HAVE to be kidding.
  38. May 13, 2014
    This is by far one of my most favorite games in the PS3. Playing through the game was like taking a plunge to a gripping novel. It hits all of the high notes and fits into my standards of being a great game. It has a beautiful atmosphere and great setting. It is set in bright Columbia, where it is full of references relating to such heavy issues like religion and racism, yet it has thatThis is by far one of my most favorite games in the PS3. Playing through the game was like taking a plunge to a gripping novel. It hits all of the high notes and fits into my standards of being a great game. It has a beautiful atmosphere and great setting. It is set in bright Columbia, where it is full of references relating to such heavy issues like religion and racism, yet it has that sense of enjoyment like a carnival. It is also set in the skies. The story is confusingly great. Although it does not have a surprising twist like in Bioshock, it is still an amazing story that will leave your jaws dropping with alternate dimensions and head-spinning revelations. The characters are memorable and fantastic, especially Elizabeth. Booker DeWitt is also a great protagonist. He portrays as a depressed cop (or detective) who has nothing left to lose and has to pay all of his debts for one last mission. Even better is that at least he is not one-dimensional. He is not too depressed that he stays his pitch low but actually conveys emotions to the current situation and even makes decisions that is tough to even make as that specific character. Elizabeth is by far the best side character in a video game ever. She possesses traits that no other partner possesses. She is emotional yet does not seem one-dimensional. When I mean she is emotional, she expresses true expressions to the current situation of the game that will make the story more realistic like watching a 3D movie. I even just look at her when she says a dialogue. You don't have to protect her for she can protect herself. It is even mentioned in the game that you don't have to save her. She is ACTUALLY USEFUL by giving you health kits, salt and ammo. She is also a very memorable and enjoyable character. You would wish that she was not gone in your missions. Before its launch, they were afraid that she was that character that you have to escort to places and will just be an annoyance throughout the game, but surprisingly, she turned out to be one of your best partners ever in a video game. Other characters were portrayed well like Comstock, the Vox Populi and etc. Even the NPCs were portrayed well throughout the game. The gameplay was amazing. The added game mechanics were actually great game mechanics, even though there were only 2 (or 3 if you add carrying 2 weapons only). The tears were used in order to add more strategies in your gameplay. The skylines are my favorite. Not only it is a great and epic way to evade against your enemies, but you can also us Sky-Line Strike or Smash, where you can punch your enemies away from the freaking ground or even just punch them while riding the skyline. How awesome does that sound. The change of maximum weapons you can carry from 6 to 2 was actually kind of disappointing since I had to sacrifice most of my weapons and make decisions in which I will regret later, but there was something I realized about this new mechanic. This was actually a sacrifice to the developers of the game because since Elizabeth will give you ammo in the game, if they added no maximum weapon carriage amount, it will end up as she was giving you ammo to another ammo even though it was unnecessary. This is to make Elizabeth not an annoying character. Bottom line, buy this game. This is like Bioshock so if you like that game, buy this game. It will truly blow your mind. 10/10 Expand
  39. Jun 12, 2014
    Just wow. The story in this game is amazing, and you finally get to play as a character that is able to speak in a bio-shock game. That in it self is great, but for story building it is vital. You really get to know your character (Booker Dewitt) and you can really feel the bond that he and the game's 2nd character (Elizabeth) are forging through out the story. The ending of this game isJust wow. The story in this game is amazing, and you finally get to play as a character that is able to speak in a bio-shock game. That in it self is great, but for story building it is vital. You really get to know your character (Booker Dewitt) and you can really feel the bond that he and the game's 2nd character (Elizabeth) are forging through out the story. The ending of this game is one of the better i've ever seen, and it really leaves you thinking.

Now this game is not just about the story, but it actually looks truly amazing aswell. Differing from the two other bioshock games, this one is a lot more colorful and a true joy for the eyes. Mechanics wise i feel shooting is a lot better in this one then say Bioshock 1 where i felt the recoil was just plain weird, here i didn't think any of it, meaning it's probably good as it is.
  40. Jun 14, 2014
    I thought it was a brilliant game. I found the game play intuitive and the plot compelling. I was constantly wondering what was coming next and they often had incentives to explore the area and it is a beautiful world they created. Many people have problems with the ending and I must admit I was rather confused so I looked up potential solutions online and found one that made a lot ofI thought it was a brilliant game. I found the game play intuitive and the plot compelling. I was constantly wondering what was coming next and they often had incentives to explore the area and it is a beautiful world they created. Many people have problems with the ending and I must admit I was rather confused so I looked up potential solutions online and found one that made a lot of sense to me. I think most people didn't like it because it wasn't what they were expecting and they didn't want to give it too much thought. But I think it actually works. In any case I would definitely recommend renting the game or borrowing from a friend if not purchasing it yourself. Expand
  41. Sep 23, 2014
    Ken Levine knocks it out the park once more. After the success of the first BioShock, you're expecting another mind-bending twist and boy does it deliver. The soundtrack and atmosphere is once again great, even if the combat is a little weak at points.
  42. Oct 8, 2014
    Bioshock Infanite is deffinately one of the best games I played of 2013 for its amazing ope world, beautiful visuals, solid gameplay, a perfect soundtrack and some of the best voice acting in a game. However I do have one problem with the game and don't hate me if you played the game but I found the story a bit confusing at times especially the ending where I could not wrap my head aroundBioshock Infanite is deffinately one of the best games I played of 2013 for its amazing ope world, beautiful visuals, solid gameplay, a perfect soundtrack and some of the best voice acting in a game. However I do have one problem with the game and don't hate me if you played the game but I found the story a bit confusing at times especially the ending where I could not wrap my head around it, but because of all the other good things about the game, I was really happy to have played it. Expand
  43. Oct 25, 2014
    What drove people mad about this overrated game was its AMAZING art design & graphics, which are some of the best. The story is good enough although takes some twists that weren't necessary in my opinion, the racial focused story at the beginning was good enough to me.
    Voice acting is perfect, soundtrack is great, what lacks is the exploration element, too linear for me. and yes Bioshock1 is ten times better, so if you need some bioshock in your life, play the first and then try this one!
  44. Nov 27, 2014
    This isn't a game that screams classic right away but the ending makes it so.

Rarely do video games present such a thought provoking story that can be a metaphor for gaming itself.

Top that with beautiful visuals and an amazing cast of voice actors and you get a 10.
  45. Nov 29, 2014
    This game was fantastic. I loved Bioshock 1&2 and this game did not disappoint. The gameplay felt the same as the other two, just smoother as expected. The story is what really sealed the deal, it was very, very good. I definitley recommend purchasing this game. It is a very fun experience.

1. May 27, 2013
    In an infinite universe, anything can happen, but in Infinite's, the specifics are what get you.
  2. Apr 23, 2013
    One of those rare games that speaks to the player on a personal, emotional level with a thought-provoking, mature storyline set in one of the most amazing worlds conceived in a game. Plus, it's a wonderful FPS with deep, tactical combat. Essential. [Issue#230, p.66]
  3. Multiple dimensions and a clever scenario with a surprise around every corner make it difficult for us to explain our enthusiasm without spoiling the story. Only the extended ghost chase (literally) halfway through the game drags on a bit too long. [April 2013, p.74]