BioShock Infinite PlayStation 3

8.5

Generally favorable reviews- based on 1924 Ratings

1. Aug 7, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite it's not just a great game. Most of all is a great story adapted with perfection to gaming. The characters are memorable and Elizabeth takes the prize of the most charismatic and the best AI sidekick of all time. The setting is to say the least epic. A city in the sky at the turn of the 19th century? Not even George Lucas would have thought of this (Or did he?). TheBioshock Infinite it's not just a great game. Most of all is a great story adapted with perfection to gaming. The characters are memorable and Elizabeth takes the prize of the most charismatic and the best AI sidekick of all time. The setting is to say the least epic. A city in the sky at the turn of the 19th century? Not even George Lucas would have thought of this (Or did he?). The gameplay is not innovative and i think that the tears could have had more to it than simple refills but these are minor problems since the story is so powerful that you just want to keep playing to see how it unfolds. Infinite shows that the Bioshock universe can also be one made of light without losing his identity. Expand
  2. Mar 31, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game, period. I know it looks different and may seem different, but a lot of the things from Bioshock are in Bioshock Infinite. While Infinite has its own look and everything, which makes it feel new and fresh, this is a Shock game through and through, so you have a mix of the familiar with something entirely new. The combat is very similar to the firstBioshock Infinite is a Bioshock game, period. I know it looks different and may seem different, but a lot of the things from Bioshock are in Bioshock Infinite. While Infinite has its own look and everything, which makes it feel new and fresh, this is a Shock game through and through, so you have a mix of the familiar with something entirely new. The combat is very similar to the first game, but guns have more of a kick this time around. Plasmids also make a comeback in the form of Vigors, which allow for a lot of variation and experimentation in combat. There's also the inclusion of sky-lines, which make some fights really exciting and frantic. I'd say the combat scenarios are an improvement from the first Bioshock. You'll also be looting the environment and corpses for money, food, salt (for Vigors), etc.

Bioshock's art direction is simply stunning. It takes a very talented art team to pull off something like Infinite, and the team at Irrational was definitely up to the task. The amount of detail in each and every environment is staggering. You'll definitely understand why this game was such an undertaking and took so many years to create when you see it in action. Then you have Elizabeth, which is one of the most realized characters in all of gaming. Elizabeth's animations and interactions are one of Infinite's many highlights.

But Bioshock Infinite is ultimately all about the narrative, which it delivers on from beginning to end. This game's story is hands down one of the best in the business, even going as far as surpassing the original Bioshock. While Bioshock was a masterpiece, its ending left a little something to be desired. But this isn't the case with Bioshock Infinite. This game has an ending that'll blow you away.
  3. Mar 28, 2013
    Go buy this game.
    I don't think you understand me here Go buy this game now Here's why I say this 1st off, Anything I say about this game could or would spoil the experience for anybody who hasn't played it. Secondly, The only thing I can say without ruining or potentially making the experience less powerful is that "This game is amazing" So, you should just go buy the game, play
    Go buy this game.
    I don't think you understand me here
    Go buy this game now
    Here's why I say this
    So, you should just go buy the game, play it, and love the heck out of it. Unless you are completely against violence or FPS games in general, you owe it to yourself to play this game.
    Once you have, then I wont need to tell you why you should play or buy it, cause you know exactly why: Quality
  4. Jul 20, 2013
    "Bioshock Infinite has such an amazing story and a great way of telling it, you'll be a hook till you hit with a unsuspecting plot at the middle and end. Now only if the gameplay was that amazing as the story."
  5. Dec 22, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a masterpiece in storytelling and one of the best games I have had the pleasure of playing. At its core lies a first-person shooter that plays out very well, with a great range of weapons, as well as "Vigors", which provide the player with special attacks and powers to combat enemies. Graphics are incredible, the somewhat cartoon-like art style and bright colour schemeBioShock Infinite is a masterpiece in storytelling and one of the best games I have had the pleasure of playing. At its core lies a first-person shooter that plays out very well, with a great range of weapons, as well as "Vigors", which provide the player with special attacks and powers to combat enemies. Graphics are incredible, the somewhat cartoon-like art style and bright colour scheme breathing life into the game's setting of Columbia a city floating among the clouds and giving it a distinct vibe that perfectly reflects the themes of the game. What most impressed me about this game, however, was its masterful storytelling and wonderful characters. I was hooked right from the get-go, and the way in which the characters had been orchestrated and the story that unfolded before me felt intense, enjoyable and, mostly, believable. The game's two protagonists, Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth, are exceptionally well done and work terrifically well together. I invested a lot in these two characters and was determined to see their story right to the end, and when it did end, oh boy. What a finale! I won't spoil it, but I can say I won't be forgetting it any time soon. Seriously, though, this is a game I would recommend to just about anyone, even if it does have a few flaws (but then, everything does). BioShock Infinite is not the most perfect game, but it comes damn close. Expand
  6. Mar 29, 2013
    An amazing game, the story is the best thing in it. It's like you're reading this great book and you just cant wait to see what will happened in the end, and believe me it will blow your mind.
    You don't judge a book by its cover or the print quality (graphics,action,stealth etc..) you judge it by it's story and this one will pull you in and you'll want more.
  7. Mar 23, 2014
    While i tough the first Bioshock was strongly overrated and i hated the second one, i must say that this one is really impressing. The graphics are spectacular and the story is great.
  8. Mar 27, 2013
    I had ridiculously high expectations for this game, and it exceeded them greatly. This is the first game that ever done that for me and is just flawless on almost every level. Ken Levine is a god, and this is by far the best game I have ever played.
  9. May 25, 2013
    I would have preferred a "tell me a story" mode for this game, as I'm not very good at aiming with a controller, especially while being flung around on a rail in various directions.

The story was great. The gameplay, eh...not so much. I don't really dig having to mow through fields of mobs and burn down Patriots for 5 minutes each. I think the 10s this game has been given are a bit affected by the popularity of the game itself.
  10. Apr 6, 2013
    Ill keep this short and sweet: Awesome game. Can't wait to play it again. Believe the hype. GOTY candidate for sure. Super fun shooter with a gripping story and beautiful graphics. If you love video games get this!
  11. Apr 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok lets start with the fact that this game is one of the best games that I have ever played. This game is so strange and unusual that it makes you want explore the world you are playing in. mix that with a brilliant storyline and exceptional gameplay.well you certainty will be hooked Expand
  12. Apr 2, 2014
    What an over-rated game this is, every body talks about the graphics of how wonderful they are, REALLY? I just don't appreciate a game that says that their characters are very human like, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? everything is like a bad drawing and the map limits on the player are simply ridiculous. It is a very GOOD and Complex Story that's why I don't give it a 0.
  13. Apr 7, 2013
    Up until this game I didn't consider myself a Bioshock fan. I liked the first one, but I wasn't crazy about it. The second one was good but that was because it delivered almost the same experience as the first one, minus the "Wow" of discovering Rapture for the first time. But this game, this game really got me.

I decided to take a risk with this one and buy it without watching or

I decided to take a risk with this one and buy it without watching or reading a single review, I even avoided watching any video released after the gameplay of E3 2011 just because I wanted to discover things by my own. I finished it a week prior to writing this review and definitely the feeling is still in there: I LOVED IT! It lived up to all my expectations. It is definitely one of the best experiences I have had as a gamer.

The gameplay was totally satisfactory, specially the sky-lines parts which were fast but easy to navigate; Elizabeth is just the most useful AI companion I have encountered in any game, in the beginning one may think that the player will have to take care of her, but it ends up being the other way around, she gives you ammo and medikits, creates objects for you to cover and interact with, and she is the one responsible for bringing you back to life when you die, it is an amazing change for the typical story about rescuing a "damsel in distress". It is also good to have a FPS character who speak throughout the game.

The visuals and music are gorgeous, and the story is just excellently executed but keep in mind that, just as the others games in this series, it is mandatory that you listen to the voice messages to see the whole picture.

This is going to be a great year for gaming, we already have "Ni No Kuni" in the RPG front and now "Bioshock Infinite" in the FPS'. Still have to wait to see what "The Last Of Us", "Beyond: Tow Souls" and "Grand Theft Auto V" will bring to table for the action-adventure, adventure and sandbox genres. This is going to be a very hard to choose GOTY.
  14. May 7, 2013
    This game made me feel there is still hope for the generation that is actually making themselves dumb by having almost to actually none variety with their swag, yolo, stupid internet hypes and admiration for overly repetitive and empty shooters. Acting (or even worse, actually being) dumb is the new cool and that's even worse than having hipsters, who at least were culturally seasoned.This game made me feel there is still hope for the generation that is actually making themselves dumb by having almost to actually none variety with their swag, yolo, stupid internet hypes and admiration for overly repetitive and empty shooters. Acting (or even worse, actually being) dumb is the new cool and that's even worse than having hipsters, who at least were culturally seasoned.
    Bioshock Infinite goes back to how games were not even 10 years ago before being dragged down by the financial crisis: a story that (quite literally) immerses you into the world you're playing. It trusts you and suddenly it stabs you in the back for being a threat to that wonderful place of comfort. The action pushes you forward constantly which is only in favor for the pace of the plot. There is philosophy and science (which Bioshock 2 lacked imo) and the game itself is a perfect statement on the illusion of choice, not only in games but also in real life. Do you really want to Eventually, you will, or won't, whether you like it or not. It shows a perspective of fatalism where most would see heads, but others see tails. The fact that the ending is inevitable and surprises you just as much as The Usual Suspects did when it first came out shows that plot twists still can be original and not a cheap trick of the industry to turn a half-baked story into something of more value just because you tricked the viewer.
    If anyone still doubted games are purely entertainment and can never be thought of as a piece of philosophy, a statement that cuddles with art only to eventually embody art itself, wash away your sins and rise anew with Bioshock Infinite.

I will state right here that most who gave this game a poor rating either don't even care about this aspect of the game and probably are the type of persons that would rather be playing Modern Warfare or Black Ops, don't care about philosophy and/or those who say the game doesn't explain itself probably didn't even care to collect all the voxophones or watch the Fink rotoscopes. There are of course the fans whose delusion is that a sequel only declines in quality, but as many franchises have showed us that a weak sophomore usually gets made up by an excellent, and sometimes even exceeding the original, third installment. Gladly I can conclude this is only a minority.
    However minor faults in the gameplay are present, playing this on an original PS3 definitely made the change when a friend let me play it on his PC and the difference shows why computers are still the best console: the graphics are alot better, gameplay is more fluid, no loading whatsoever (shorter ones when leaving/entering areas), no "glitches" (getting stuck on the stairs for instance). If you have the choice, choose PC for the perfect experience. For every gamer this is a MUST PLAY.

There is alot more to talk about within this game, like the Luteces, how fantastically Elizabeth is engineered or even how you never have an actual boss fight in this game but there is always YouTube for that.

"The Ocarina of Time of our generation"
  15. Apr 16, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite puts you in the shoes of Booker Dewitt, the first of the main two protagonists found in Bioshock Infinite, the other being Elizabeth.
    "Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt" This is a quote that you will hear numerous times throughout the story, and really thrusts the underlying story into its course of action as you rock through the world of Columbia, the floating city in the sky where this game takes place.
    Your start off at a lighthouse, dropped off on a boat by a man and a woman It is not the same lighthouse from the original Bioshock, but a completely different one altogether, with only have a vague idea of where you’re heading.
    You must retrieve and save a girl named Elizabeth, who is trapped inside an enormous statue. But Elizabeth is no ordinary character. Elizabeth has powers like no other, opening tears in the world are her ‘thing’. She has been created so well and realistically that you want to care for her. You want to save her. She will frequently throw you ammo, salts, health and money throughout the entire campaign, also making for a very generous but not overloading attribute. She doesn’t throw you too much, and it’s very evenly spread out as well.
    Your character, Booker Dewitt is a totally different kind of person to Elizabeth. He is on this journey which is almost outcast, and you can tell instantly that he doesn’t fit into the flying city in the sky. Something about the world and its inhabitants, its surroundings feels different than any other game. One reason is because the game is riddled with political racism towards black people and Irish people (like me), and they are known as the Vox Populi. The story from here is an extravagant one. It takes you away with its indulgent story and really tries to mess with your mental capacity.
    The graphics in Bioshock Infinite are second to only some, e.g. Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, but are superbly done nevertheless and are perfect for what this game wishes to tell. The skies are a great cerulean blue, the city is bright and welcoming, while the slums are dark and unforgiving.
    Bioshock Infinite boasts amazing controls and gameplay mechanics. The addition of vigors, the original Bioshock’s plasmids, is a welcome one. There is solid fun to be had out of using Bucking Bronco or Return to Sender which makes you just feel like a badass. The weapons also found in Infinite are wonderful to use and really have a ‘Uumph’ behind each of them. The AI in Bioshock Infinite is some of the best in the industry, being very smart and strategic in all situations.
    Bioshock Infinite’s engaging story, followed by its’ immense graphics alongside some of today’s most solid gameplay and controls makes this an easy contender for game of the year.
  16. May 2, 2013
    Though it won't sell 20 million copies like GTA or COD, this game is the closest and FPS has come to perfection since Resistance 3. One of the only THREE first person shooters I loved! GOTY contender for sure, up there with the likes of Tomb Raider and The Last Of Us.
  17. Jun 19, 2013
    This game is one of the most original I've ever played and the series is already in my "Top 10 video games series". It's hard to explain this game by words. It has so much emotions, great story, great characters (specially Elisabeth). Playing in that background was amazing and the enemies where challenging and strong and you needed a lot of variety of attacks to pass it on hard. TheThis game is one of the most original I've ever played and the series is already in my "Top 10 video games series". It's hard to explain this game by words. It has so much emotions, great story, great characters (specially Elisabeth). Playing in that background was amazing and the enemies where challenging and strong and you needed a lot of variety of attacks to pass it on hard. The plasmids aren't that useful that they where in the previous games but surely are useful and will save you a lot. This third game is the one you need more strategy because it doesn't have save points and you lose money when you die, money that you need to buy upgrades. Apart for the excellent gameplay you have a beautiful story and one of the most difficult to understand at the end but with a bit of attention you will get it. So what i meant to say was: this game is beautiful, has great characters, brilliant gameplay, great improvement for the series, good enemies and great music. This and the first Bioshock are tied in my favorites of the series.
    And by the way, the Songbrid was so brilliant and looked so good!
  18. Mar 28, 2013
    The Best First Person Shooter game ever made, gorgeous graphics on PS3, incredible animation and art direction, you will feel into a movie, no words to describe columbia is like to travel back in time, elizabeth is a perfect character, the story will blow your mind and the sound tracks remind you that is a Bioshock Game. Super Must Buy
  19. Apr 9, 2013
    There aren't enough words or review that can tell you how good this game is, but if some word is close to describe it is masterpiece, easily, one of the best games out there right now, is one of those games that always amaze you and you never want to finish it because every fragment of the game is awsome.
    The ability to make you feel the plot, the identified you feel with Booker is
    The ability to make you feel the plot, the identified you feel with Booker is something that no other game had transmited me before.
    The music, artistical design, the environments fit perfectly to the situation.
    I'm not gonna say that the gameplay mechanichs are amazing because maybe are a bit simple, but they are fun as hell and the made their goal because I haven't experience myself that tedious moment in other games of here are enemies", they probably should change the vigors and weapon enhancements to make them more fluid, I didn't change my vigors because I had the maxed and same with the weapons, that isn't bad either, but in some places I felt that I wanted to use other weapon or vigor and I realise that was a bad idea because they weren't leveled, but, as I say, the combat is very fun despite being a bit simple.
    The A.I (Elizabeth) is the best partneryou can find in an game,she reacts to the environment, she interacts with it, she speaks you acordingly to the situation, simply amazing.
    Congratulations to Ken Levin and his team, I can count with my fingers the games that I think they deserve a 10/10 and this is one of them.
  20. Jul 7, 2013
    As I played through the entire game I noticed that Ken Levine just did it again, created a masterpiece with the similar formula to the first Bioshock, yet in many aspects outbreaking and mindblowing.As you begin the story and dives further into the experience the easier it gets to get amazed, even if confusing at some times, all the mix created by the story is one of the best in the wholeAs I played through the entire game I noticed that Ken Levine just did it again, created a masterpiece with the similar formula to the first Bioshock, yet in many aspects outbreaking and mindblowing.As you begin the story and dives further into the experience the easier it gets to get amazed, even if confusing at some times, all the mix created by the story is one of the best in the whole history of video games.

As expected, the gameplay flows brilliantly, with a lot of creativity, especially with the Skyhook and vigors, and the addition of a special character, Elizabeth, that unlikely many other games with side characters within gameplay, doesn't bring you any problems, in fact, it is so improving in it's gameplay, that in many times you'll actually miss her when she's not around.

Observing this masterpiece in all aspects, with a highlight to the story, and with the DLCs coming it can only get more exciting from now on, that it will be really hard to beat such an outstanding plot, even for Ken Levine himself.
  21. Jun 26, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece. It is a beautiful game with a great story that is going to draw you in and leave you thinking about the ending for a long time. Sometimes, it didn't even feel like a game rather a work of art. It is a perfect game and god bless you Ken Levine for your masterful storytelling, creativeness and imagination.
  22. Apr 3, 2013
    Bioshock Uncharted:

Bioshock Uncharted:

The first two Bioshock games were great in comparison to this, I'm baffled by the press and their praise of it. It's obvious that story telling took a priority, and in doing so removed key aspects that made it's predecessors successful. The collision detection is terrible and the options for customization are a step backward. Contrary to Rapture there is no map, and each level is a linear path pushing you to the end of the "game" which really makes the whole thing more of a game-movie. This game attempts originality but borrows aspects from the Uncharted series and dabbles with concepts from Valves's masterpiece Half Life 2.

Despite these shortfalls, the setting, sound effects, music and art direction keep you entertained and curious for what lies ahead. Decent voice acting, clever plot twists also help move the game along and strike some empathy with the characters.

In the end the lack of sustenance provided makes for a poor comparison to it's predecessors.
  23. Mar 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Would you Kindly read this whole review. Beat the game the day it came out on hard. It has a nice long game length for being primarily a shooter. The back tracking of the previous games is gone. Once you move on to a new area you are down with the other. So make sure you are ready to move on. It's not a major thing but still i wish that i could have gone back to some of the beginning areas after i learned some of the preferred hiding methods of the designers. This is an amazing game which i would love to say is GOTY for me...but...sadly I found its spirit wanting(though it still has no equal yet.). It falls, 'ironically', prey to its own devices from Bioshock 1. Where you learn that you are only doing things because your told...and your choices matter not. Well Bioshock infinite has some choices...but with no real effect. I half expect Mr. Ryan to come out at the end and just laugh at me for thinking that they made a difference. The game tries to explain this away by saying the end was inevitable no matter what...but the words still ring hollow, because the game is about freedom. But you have none. (But, no matter what you get the cage. There is no bird.) To better explain it. Think of a coin toss. Heads or tails, it doesn't matter the coin will still fall. I guess the only reason i am slightly disappointed is because i thought the coin could fly. It just becomes to linear...too obviously linear. On another note, two key characters of the game are just under-developed. Leader of the Vox. With out spoiling too much you find out something important about their supposed past. But nothing comes of it. it just is there. And it is a pretty important thing of how they came to be in their position. And after you wrap up that part of the story with them...That's it for them. It comes to a pretty solid end...but still its like they never existed after wards. If you doubt me play through that whole part again. and then right after try to focus on how people react to what happened. Maybe i missed something in my exploration, but after it was like they never existed, there was no real aftershock. And the second is the person that is directly tied to the Vox leader, Mr Fink; and he falls pray to the same thing i'm afraid. He just had no effect at the end. No ripples(not a major thing i never really cared for him, but the void left in his wake just kinda bothered me.) These are my only real complaints. other than this, the game play is spot on. the Sky rails are done well(if limited in use). Everything else seems to be in top shape.The story is decent. The twists are interesting...but almost all are foresee-able. The ending is...awesome and unexpected, but what you find out from it is also foresee-able(if you explored and collected most of the "Diaries" and have a slight notion of the butterfly effect. but, even knowing nothing of it you can still piece together a good deal just with what happens over the course of the game). Its like knowing all the actors before they hit the spotlight, but not knowing the stage or the performance. The main reason this amazing game gets a 7/10 instead of a 10/10 is mainly because of the illusion of choice. Now how can i take off three points for something almost all game do? Well after bioshock 1 and the twist of that i guess i am just disappointed that this game came to this point. After i beat the game I instantly went to see if my ending was different from others based on the choices I made...but I was only greeted by finding out that no matter what it was the same. I feel it held itself back from greatness, because the most important choice you will ever make it that game is whether to upgrade your guns or your powers because money(for me) was sparse. Maybe 3 points off is a little harsh, but to me it was a major thing that mattered. Most choices weren't as pivotal as save the little sister or harvest her to survive easier. But, the choices in this game big or same had no big game changing effect. I can not stress that enough. See how much it bothers me? In conclusion My score is a 7/10 but a more fair score would be a 8.5/10 just for some minor things i had come to expect in the series(i.e. back tracking, research, and pivotal choices.) But i would recommend this game to anyone and everyone. So would you kindly... go play it? Expand
  24. Aug 22, 2014
    Man, this game was pretty disappointing. The overall gunplay was better than the original, but pretty much everything else that made the first one interesting was gone, like hacking and stuff, for instance. It has the familiar Bioshock vibe, but the creepiness is gone. The atmosphere gets old awfully quick and the main character talking is a massive drawback, not to mention toting aroundMan, this game was pretty disappointing. The overall gunplay was better than the original, but pretty much everything else that made the first one interesting was gone, like hacking and stuff, for instance. It has the familiar Bioshock vibe, but the creepiness is gone. The atmosphere gets old awfully quick and the main character talking is a massive drawback, not to mention toting around a girl (like every other game released in 2013) that I never really cared about. The story was okay, but it lacked the punch that the original had. Of the 3 Bioshocks, this is easily the weakest. An average game at best. Expand
  25. May 1, 2013
    Honestly, this game was a HUGE disappointment to me. After seeing the fan-tas-tic E3 demo 2011, the cinematic and action packed story trailers, I expected this game to be a 9. Not! The whole E3 demo was cancelled, and sadly no gameplay sequence is as large scaled and detailed as the one seen on the E3 demo. Basically, the game is all footage seen after the 2012 media silence, but split-upHonestly, this game was a HUGE disappointment to me. After seeing the fan-tas-tic E3 demo 2011, the cinematic and action packed story trailers, I expected this game to be a 9. Not! The whole E3 demo was cancelled, and sadly no gameplay sequence is as large scaled and detailed as the one seen on the E3 demo. Basically, the game is all footage seen after the 2012 media silence, but split-up by long, boring and repetitive shoot-outs. The only aspect that lived up to my expectations -hell, even blew them away- was the story, not even the storytelling -that wasn't that great-, but the story itself was pretty fantastic.
    Don't fool yaself people, this wasn't a great game!
  26. May 5, 2013
    When I first started playing Bioshock Infinite, I felt like it was the greatest game ever like I did with the first Bioshock. Then I realized that this isn't the first Bioshock. Don't get me wrong, this game is still really fun and has a good story like the first, but it just didn't give me that same feeling that I got from the first game. The gameplay is radically different from the firstWhen I first started playing Bioshock Infinite, I felt like it was the greatest game ever like I did with the first Bioshock. Then I realized that this isn't the first Bioshock. Don't get me wrong, this game is still really fun and has a good story like the first, but it just didn't give me that same feeling that I got from the first game. The gameplay is radically different from the first game, and not in a good way. The first game was nearly perfect as a mix of FPS, RPG, and survival horror, this is just a straight up FPS. Even though it's a straight up FPS, it's still a really fun game to play. I liked using all of the different weapons and seeing what I could do with them and it helps make the game not be repetitive. Vigors and Elizabeth's ability to open tears also make the game not repetitive. I do have an issue with the vigors though, there just aren't enough of them. In the first Bioshock I loved all of the different plasmids that I could get, but there just aren't very many vigors in Bioshock Infinite. I loved Elizabeth's ability to open tears, it made combat a little better because she can bring many different things into battle. She can bring in things like weapons, turrets, patriots(giant robotic George Washington with a big gun), mosquitos(floating turrets), cover, and puddles(so you can shock people standing in it). Opening tears is great because it varies combat a lot. My main issue with gameplay is that it's a bit too easy, if you run out of ammo, Elizabeth will just give you more. It's the same thing with salts(vigors). The game was made a lot easier because Elizabeth can just give you a lot of things that you could use without you actually trying to find it. Almost every time that my health got low, Elizabeth gave me a health pack, which honestly, made the game too easy. The only really difficult part of the game is the handyman fights. I hated how they got rid of most of the RPG and survival horror elements. I would like to say that I thought that the story was just okay, not great. It really didn't get interesting until it was nearing the end, the rest just felt like filler to make the game longer. Which is weird because the game really isn't that long, it took me about eight hours to finish it. My biggest issue with the game overall is the ending, I'm not going to spoil anything but it doesn't make sense and it doesn't answer any questions. Most people who played the game say that it has a phenomenal ending, but I really don't see it. Instead of tying up all of the loose ends like an ending to a story is supposed to do it just brought up more questions. I wasn't satisfied with the ending one little bit. In conclusion, Bioshock Infinite is a good, fun game that has issues and is radically different from the first game but in a negative way. My score would actually be a lot lower but the game is still really, really fun and I played it from beginning to end in a couple days. It's not the best game ever, and it's definitely not as good as the first Bioshock, which was one of the greatest games of this generation and of all time. This game is kind of hard to recommend because it's just too short and it lacks replay value and the story is just not that great. Expand
  27. Jun 26, 2014
    A very generic FPS with a poor story, bland characters, terribly anti-climactic ending, and no replay value. Not only does the shooter gameplay offer nothing new, almost everything about this game feels hijacked from Dishonored which came out a year prior, whether it be the art style, the music and certain sound effects like the sirens, to the way the enemies move, it really feels like aA very generic FPS with a poor story, bland characters, terribly anti-climactic ending, and no replay value. Not only does the shooter gameplay offer nothing new, almost everything about this game feels hijacked from Dishonored which came out a year prior, whether it be the art style, the music and certain sound effects like the sirens, to the way the enemies move, it really feels like a copy and paste job; more than I have ever experienced from any other video game. Fun for a single playthough but that's it. Expand
  28. Mar 29, 2013
    most over rated game of the year. its not that great but maybe good and not even THAT good but also not bad for an FPS game. tbh, FPS is not my type of games but with all the hype and 10/10 scores here and there I decided to give it a shot maybe I'll like it and I was wrong. I wish I saved my money for other games like Resident Evil Revelations or The Last of Us... now there are def my type...
  29. Mar 27, 2013
    if this game doesn't blow the mold on first person shooters apart then i dont know what will.
    you just dont get games with this level of detail... in both enviroment and story. the campaign is a slew of fun and honestly once you get the hang of how the game plays, you wont beleive how cool you will feel zipping around destroying everything that moves. things like the skyline which in other games would feel like a gimmick, are so thoughtfully executed you will feel in control at all times and it truely excites the gameplay. nobody has ideas this good, with execution this good. bioshock infinite is a rollercoaster ride from start to finish and deserves your time. if you didn't play, or weren't fond of the first iteration... don't sweat it. this is the best of the best. now we just have to wait and see what ken levine pulls out of his sleeve on the ps4 and xbox 720. until then bioshock infinite will be a shining example of what a narrative basesed first person shooter can be. grab a skyhook and take the ride...you wont be dissapointed.
  30. Apr 1, 2013
    I have played tons of games, probably more than 99% of the people my age and I can say without a doubt in mind that this is one of the most beautifully crafted stories I've ever played. Elizabeth is probably the strongest performance I've seen in at least 10 years for a female character and Booker is probably just as good. The ending comes out of nowhere and I can promise you, you will notI have played tons of games, probably more than 99% of the people my age and I can say without a doubt in mind that this is one of the most beautifully crafted stories I've ever played. Elizabeth is probably the strongest performance I've seen in at least 10 years for a female character and Booker is probably just as good. The ending comes out of nowhere and I can promise you, you will not see the twist coming.

Shooting mechanics are improved from the previous games and are right up there with other first person shooters but some of the other game play variables are just a little off. For example, I feel the skyhook was misused and I feel a couple of the special abilities were useless or repetitive. Elizabeth's ability to bring tears into combat felt underwhelming and I don't think they capitalized fully with this opportunity

These couple qualms though are easily overlook because the story, characters and environment are simply amazing. I can't believe how close I felt to Booker and Elizabeth and I can't believe how shocked I was when I saw the ending. This is a MUST PLAY.
  31. Jun 20, 2013
    It took me nearly 3 months but I finally completed the 1999 mode after god knows how many deaths, and I still want to play it again. If your a gamer; especially for you Bioshock fans, stop reading this, and go get this game for your library. Doesn't matter how you get it, just go and get it. If your still not convinced, than let me break it down for you. Without spoilers, the story is notIt took me nearly 3 months but I finally completed the 1999 mode after god knows how many deaths, and I still want to play it again. If your a gamer; especially for you Bioshock fans, stop reading this, and go get this game for your library. Doesn't matter how you get it, just go and get it. If your still not convinced, than let me break it down for you. Without spoilers, the story is not cliched nor predictable, starting out as a damsel in distress rescue mission set between the late 1800s to early 1900s in a civilization in the sky called Columbia, but ends with the fall of Columbia, the discovery of self-identity and destiny, reuniting with a forgotten loved one, and parallel universe hopping. With themes of nature vs nurture, racism, religious satire, racial and social factions, steam punk, and time traveling. Nothing regarding the conflicts in this story is easily interpreted nor predicted, proving that everything has two sides to them, just like a coin. Interesting character back stories and Columbia history For graphics, the colors and the lighting and level and character designs are awesome. The atmosphere that the environment gives off can be either colorful, breathe taking, thrilling, majestic to dark, cold and suspenseful. The combat is fun and exhilarating because it forces you to think on your feet and plan ahead/create strategies instead of going in guns blazing or spray and pray. Your companion is actually helpful and not a chore. You don't need to babysit/look after/worry about the companion. She won't get in your way when fighting; she throws you ammo, money, health and salt(vigor/mana) potions; unlock certain locks; track and point out pick ups; and she CREATE/SPAWN health and salt pick ups, weapon and ammo pick ups, covers, distractions, ledges and hooks to jump off of, and robotic turrets/flying security drones/Mini-gun wielding George Washington robots to fight for you. (+)RPG elements like different clothes with different effects, weapon & power upgrades, and permanent health/shield/power increases. (-)Not only will the game feel short compared to the first two Bioshock games but the ending is not as fulfilling as the first Bioshock ending. (-)Rise and dip in difficulty on specific stages/levels (-)Multiple head-shots needed to kill enemies on harder difficulties (especially on 1999 mode) (-)Specific weapons, powers and clothing become useless once you create the combination of weapons, powers and clothing you find most efficient & effective. (-)You lose money if you die; I'll let you decide how that's a bad thing. Expand
  32. Mar 29, 2013
    It's good, really good, but I can't get away from the feeling that the original bioshock was longer, more atmospheric, had a clearer and more coherent story and was overall a better game. I'd most definitely recommend it but, well, I'm sorry to say that after a 2 year wait I was expecting.... More.....
  33. May 1, 2013
    This game is all about the story. The gameplay is straight forward and addicting, but as you all have probably read the vigor selection could have been more diverse. Brevity is not an issue but I've seen complaints about it? Either way the ending is a mind f*ck and the game is fun. Definitely on that season pass tip.
  34. Mar 28, 2013
    BIOSHOCK INFINITE REVIEW It has been a long time since Bioshock Infinite had been announced. There was massive hype, demos were released, and so on so forth. The game has finally come out.
    This is a great game. As a matter of fact, my favorite game of all time is Bioshock; this game has a complex story that keeps you engaged and guessing until the game’s final moments.
    The Gameplay is
    The Gameplay is definitely on par with the original Bioshock game, arguably even better. Although at times, the situations and enemies can be overwhelming. The gameplay weapons and moves I love the most are the melee, Crank Gun, RPG and Crow plasmid. I love drilling people’s heads with a skyhook. The voice acting and the characters are fantastic. The relationship between Elizabeth and Booker is an interesting one. The relationship between the Songbird and Elizabeth was so good that it made me tear up at moments. The story in this game is, as mentioned before, complex; The story constantly hits you with important plot details that will probably miss you on your first time playing; Bioshock fans will be expecting a major twist/reveal in the middle of the game (since the game’s first half follows the Bioshock formula faithfully), there is a major twist/reveal in the game, but it’s a the end of the game; without spoiling the reveal, it’s a damn good one, especially when you take a few minutes to really think about it. The game intertwines themes of destiny vs. choice, loss of innocence, racism and morality.
    Overall, the game lives up to the hype set by its ‘spiritual’ predecessor. The main characters and their relationships to other characters in the game are fascinating and even made me tear up a little. The gameplay is both an improvement and somewhat overwhelming at times over the original Bioshock. The game has a very good and complex twist/back story/reveal which maybe so complex that people might not get it on their first time playing. Regardless, the game is a great game that now fully justifies itself with having the name Bioshock in the title. GRADE: Classic
    NUMERICAL GRADE: 10 LETTER GRADE: A
    Overall opinion: Bioshock Infinite is a great game that is on par with the original game (though I like the original game slightly better).
  35. Apr 1, 2013
    Ken Levine is a champion of this medium. I’ve been touting him as such since he wrote the wonderfully memorable Bioshock, released six years ago in 2007; and whether he simply stumbles into his genius accidentally due to excellence in execution, or realizes his fresh, poignant plot devices through an exorcise in intended intellect, it is no matter. No one does what he’s able to do.Ken Levine is a champion of this medium. I’ve been touting him as such since he wrote the wonderfully memorable Bioshock, released six years ago in 2007; and whether he simply stumbles into his genius accidentally due to excellence in execution, or realizes his fresh, poignant plot devices through an exorcise in intended intellect, it is no matter. No one does what he’s able to do. Levine, twice now, has profoundly changed the way we view and discuss plot in video games. He understands the interactive component of the medium so well, his incorporation of it into his stories is foremost in his telling, and are deft to say the least.

Never in my professional career have I awarded a perfect score to any game I’ve ever reviewed. Not at GameFan, and not here, at ++Good Games. Finally a game takes that honor, and Bioshock Infinite is it. I couldn’t be happier to award it to Mr. Levine, and his band of hard working developers. His brand of story telling is something I aspire to in my own writing career.

I could take up this entire space discussing plot, but since you, you know, PLAY video games, I’ll start with the controls and mechanics… which are, honestly, pretty tried and true. It feels like Bioshock, and that’s to say it feels like a first person shooter with a great deal of diversity in how you choose to tackle any given situation. There is a wide array of standard weapons, from pistols to shotguns, rocket launchers to bolt action assault rifles, as well as some additional unconventional weapons that are not entirely realistic, but fit the setting as well the Heater is a single blast weapon that lights people on fire; like if a shotgun and a flame-thrower had children, but nothing too outlandish. The “magical powers,” and the equivalent of Plasmids, are called Tonics. Tonics all operate in the same way, either a single press to produce a targeted effect, or a held press to toss a trap on the ground. This is a good move away from the trap-only Plasmids (Cyclone Trap, Target Dummy) of the original game, and it gave Irrational more room to give us some interesting abilities. For example, Return to Sender allows you to catch all incoming bullets and toss them back as an explosive, and Undertow allows you to lasso an enemy, and reel him in, MK Scorpion-style, to deliver a much more intimate killing blow. There are the staple fireballs and electric bolts, but there’s some keen base-broadening when it comes to gameplay… but not too broad. And the sound that’s incorporated into combat is amazing. Fast, random violin chords every time you unleash Murder of Crows; a violent single BANG on a piano when you connect with your skyhook.

Speaking of the skyhook, the wrench/drill issue has been handily taken care of. Previously, in both Bioshock and Bioshock 2, your melee weapon was far too powerful. Even in Bioshock 2, when an attempt was made at balancing melee combat by introducing the fuel requirements on your drill, it didn’t really work. Even without fuel, the drill was still the best weapon in the game. You could go thump-thump-thumping to your heart’s content, with little to no consequences. If you try to melee everyone to death in Infinite, however, you WILL die. The game throws scores of enemies at you all at once, and if you expose yourself to get in for a skyhook decapitation, the rest of the pack will cut you down, and swiftly at that. Even on the normal difficulty setting it’s no joke. Verdict: 10/10 ++Good Does the game have its issues? Certainly, but I cannot overlook my own feelings of surprise, awe, and satisfaction when the dust had settled. I felt completely contented when it was all over. Everything promised by Irrational up to release was made good on, and I was left wanting for nothing. Every time Mr. Levine gets involved, he pushes forward what we’re to expect as players, as well as what we previously thought was narritively possible as an industry. Buy this one. It is, in a word, perfect.
  36. Mar 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Remember, dear gamers, that one demo from 2 years ago in which Booker faced that one weird politician guy who asked a certain Charles to attack with a certain murder of crows?... Well we don't see either of them. Or even that location. And thus I introduce you to my review of Bioshock Infinite, or as I now call it:

Artsy FPS: Unfulfilled.

The game opens up as a mystery wrapped in an enigma, coated in religion, social commentaries of the early 20th century, racism, steampunk and, best of all, the promise of facing the iconic Songbird in battle.

To quote some gangster or other: forget about it. Ultimately, the game is a take on the 'Infinity of universes' theory. Sci-fi. And that theme takes up the second half of the game and never lets go. So indeed, forget about all those other themes to which we mere mortals might have made somewhat of a connection with our mere human experiences and let's dive in the utter of an incoherent story those lovable over at Irrationnal are still jerking off to. As a game, it's been dumbed down from any previous Bioshock. No more hacking, no noticeable choice system, linear level design and a two-weapons-only system makes this feel more like your average war shooter than anything. The characters you meet have little to no impact on you as a gamer, which might have been fixed if the game bothered showing them more than once, and not killing them off when they are first seen!

Oh, and Songbird? The presumed Big Daddy of Infinite? He is seen only three times. Then killed off in a cutscene. Lovely. He is so underdevelopped, he could have been any fat jailer riding a glider, for all I cared!

In short, I lost my faith in the videogame market. If Irrationnal can up that badly... woof.

You, as a gamer, will feel that such little is influenced by you over the course of that lengthy playthrough. Nothing is fleshed out enough! The racism; gone. AMERICA!!!; gone. Promises were laid out by Levine, by those demos, by those trailers; all of which were ultimately misleading, even erronous. The key word is interchangeable. If the punchline to all that build-up was Multiple Realities, well congratulations, Irrationnal, you are now 'there', as in 'Been there...' As for me, I would rather go crawling back to Sofia Lamb.

The Rued.
  37. Apr 9, 2013
    Game lost in gameplay and difficulty, but has become more adult story, more action and, of course, Elizabeth. She the central figure in the narrative and the post as she is alive, she is alive responds to the world around you is looking for supplies. Enemies behave quite adequately, shame that still kill them easily. However postoanovochne fights, plasmids, their sequencing, and razlchnoeGame lost in gameplay and difficulty, but has become more adult story, more action and, of course, Elizabeth. She the central figure in the narrative and the post as she is alive, she is alive responds to the world around you is looking for supplies. Enemies behave quite adequately, shame that still kill them easily. However postoanovochne fights, plasmids, their sequencing, and razlchnoe weapons and great action in the battles will not be bored. Expand
  38. May 20, 2013
    I always knew that reviewing BioShock Infinite would be a challenge.
    Normally, I’d follow the usual formula, talking about the game’s high points and low points, and slapping a score on the bottom.
    I always knew that reviewing BioShock Infinite would be a challenge.
    But BioShock Infinite isn’t formulaic. Here’s a game that in two weeks has already prompted more smart commentary than most games will ever see. It has a reputation for being that kind of game–the one you approach intellectually, despite its grisly facade of smashed skulls, burnt bodies and cartoonish gore. The same was true with the original BioShock, and with the spiritually-related System Shock series before that. BioShock Infinite wants you to have your mindless fun, but it also wants you to ponder.When evaluated on traditional grounds, Bioshock Infinite isn’t perfect. As with the previous BioShock games, it requires far too much resource scavenging from dead bodies and abandoned cabinets. It has strayed farther from the role-playing roots of its spiritual ancestor, System Shock, and combat feels too constrained as a result. Some of the game’s early ideas, like prolonged boss encounters and story-altering decisions, seemed to be abandoned partway through. None of that stopped me from being sucked into BioShock Infinite’s world, and then being floored by its conclusion. It’s the kind of game you want to think about and talk about long after the credits roll, which is why the pile of thoughtful critiques keeps growing. You should play it, and join the conversation.
  39. Mar 26, 2013
    Alright so time for a reality check concerning this franchise. I've been tracking for many years now how the shock series wich started with one of my alltime favourite games 'system shock' has slowly slipped down into a pit of "mass market appeal". With every new installment a few layers of complexity and freedom wich set the games apart from their contemporaries have been methodicallyAlright so time for a reality check concerning this franchise. I've been tracking for many years now how the shock series wich started with one of my alltime favourite games 'system shock' has slowly slipped down into a pit of "mass market appeal". With every new installment a few layers of complexity and freedom wich set the games apart from their contemporaries have been methodically shaved off and as we arrive at the fifth game there just isn't all that much left. Let me give you a few examples: The hacking wich used to consist of various minigames and even forays into cyberspace now just consist of collecting lockpicks that are jammed into certain locations by the press of a button. The weapons at your disposal used to be numerous and could be modded with various firing modes and ammo types to fit your needs is now reduced to five versions of a standard gun with a negative correlation between damage and firing frequency, and a rocket launcher/grenade launcher. Items, grenades, stimpacks, boosters and implants are completely removed and there is no inventory at all nor is there a map screen. The only puzzle solving (if you can even call it that) consists of finding a books that are linked to a certain areas and then letting an npc solve it for you, no I'm not joking. I could go on but I think you get the picture. Bottom line is the story is still good, the graphics are awesome, gameplay has taken a short step over a tall cliff. If I were to plot this franchise as a regression line I'd predict that the sixth game will have completely lost that incredible mix of gameplay and story wich elevated the early games into my personal alltime favourites. The Shock franchise has lost its soul in pursuit of the mass market segment and it saddens me greatly. Expand
  40. Mar 26, 2013
    An awe-inspiring rollercoster with a captivating narrative about a younger beautiful maiden and a mysterious man

First off, Bioshock Infinite is much more of a spiritual successor to System Shock and the original Bioshock. There is game play similarities but it is not in the same cannon so say. In a time when all that seems to be released is first person shooters, it is hard to come by a game that does something not only unique, but engaging. But Bioshock Infinite does exactly this. Not only will the game blow your mind from combat options, crisp controls and some of the best first-person shooting around, but it does all of this while having an impressive narrative. Bioshock Infinite will leave you in awe after your play through, and it will keep you engaged the whole way through. And when the adventure ends, it will leave the same sort of impact as Shadow of the Colossus and Journey. Bioshock Infinite feels like a classic poetic story, much like "The Raven By Engnor Allen Poe" to be honest. Video games so desperately need the "poetic" feel that Bioshock Infinite has. -A young, insecure woman who wants to find a new destiny
    -A mysterious man who knows nothing of his past.
    -A story that unravels around the two main character, with the best character development I have ever witnessed before in any medium. Bioshock Infinite is on par with Heath Leger's preformance of the Joker from "Dark Knight" in terms of character development. If you are reading this review, wondering if it is a game that you would like to pick up, I would highly recomment it. This is a beautiful experience in its own right, and it sets a standard for all First-shooters to come. Whether you pick up Bioshock Infinite now or later in the future once it gets a price drop, do yourself a favor and get lost in the world of the game. Whether you study games like myself or just play them for fun and enjoyment, or if you are an artist, looking for a new medium to engage with. I will repeat: give Bioshock Infinite a try

+ Amazing Narrative
    +Addictive and meaningful gameplay
    +Beautiful and unraveling world through characters, enviroment and story
    +You will most likely want to replay through the game Final Score 98/100
  41. Mar 29, 2013
    FANTASTIC game. In all my years of gaming this easily takes the cake as one of the best games I've ever played. Fun fighting mechanics as well as an addicting story always craving more. The scripting of this game is incredible! If I could, I'd give it an 11/10 I would.
  42. Apr 9, 2013
    9.5/10
    9.5/10
    A masterpiece of a game. The story is gripping. Just like in the first Bioshock, upon replaying the game, your perspective will be very altered. On top of that, Elizabeth is just a very well-designed character with an impressive AI. She assists during combat and does a ton of casual things like inspecting objects when you're idle. The combat is simple, yet sophisticated. Trigger happy people will simply fire away, but the keen player will decide upon the best weapons, vigors, and tears to use, and will keep a lookout for environmental hazards and scattered, powerful weapons to use. The setting is stunning. Columbia is a far more interesting place than Rapture in terms of aesthetics and dystopian themes. Rapture was just full of Adam addicts. Here you get racism, poverty, oppression, and civil war. But optional objectives detract from the experience with predictable rewards. Sure, upgrades to your shield, health, and salt capacity are useful, but the gear (buff-granting equipment) is so disappointing in effects that you won't really bother with them. Pure exploration, though, is a joy. You'll be scouring every location to unearth background-providing Voxophones and currency to upgrade your guns and vigors. All in all, get this game. You won't regret it.
  43. Apr 9, 2013
    So, I really did like the game, the story, I loved Elizabeth as a partner in the game and I had fun, but it is a love/hate relationship.

Unfortunately, I was unlucky in the fact that this game was the very first for me to have issues. Bioshock would hard freeze every 5-10 min without fail every freakin time and 2k support is absolutely horrible in helping me resolve this, which I think

Bioshock would hard freeze every 5-10 min without fail every freakin time and 2k support is absolutely horrible in helping me resolve this, which I think they just gave up. I haven't heard back from them in days.

But I am always up for a challenge, so I fought through from auto-save to auto-save waiting for the next hard freeze then reset my PS3, and start up again. The sense of accomplishment I felt after completion was almost the same I had for Dark Souls and only because I was fighting the toughest opponent of the game, the buggy software itself. The only reason I was able to do this was because the game was somewhat short, very basic and fairly easy, even on hard mode.

Which leads me to my next point...

This title was pretty basic for a Bioshock game, as it seemed to me a completely stripped down experience from the first entry. Upgrades for vigors and weapons are very linear and boring and you just need a vending machine and some money to upgrade, but the upgrades aren't really worth anything.
    I only upgraded and used about 2-3 weapons and two vigors the whole game. Gear is completely useless and i just stuck with the first four pieces I snagged and was done with it.

There is nothing to loot off enemies but health, salts, and money which is very repetitive and boring after a few levels. You have no more scavenging for all kinds of random parts to build items. Combat is the same as previous entries with the exception of being able to use your weapon and vigor simultaenously instead of cycling back and forth, which is a good addition though.

I also noticed that I may have spent 2-3 minutes total on the sky rail and I thought that was going to be such a huge part of the game. I also thought you would be accessing all the various parts of Columbia through the sky rail, but not even close.

No memorable foes in the game was a real shocker for me. I thought that was their niche, well, they blew that. I couldn't believe you didn't at least have a boss fight with Comstock or Songbird. Songbird could have been the Daddy of Infinite, in my opinion. Way too many generic AI's all over and around this game for just filler.

Gameplay and combat is SO basic for a big budget AAA game, but obviously they spent their time with other facets of the game and did very well pulling that off. The environments, Elizabeth, and the story with all its complexities, all rocked.

I should rate this game a zero for not even running properly on a mass produced machine, but since I was able to fight through with little difficulty, outside of the PS3 resets, I was able to appreciate a lot of the great environments, Elizabeth, and story in the game.
  44. Apr 2, 2013
    Ken Levine and company amaze once again in this installment of BioShock. They did an excellent job in flushing out the characters, especially Elizabeth. She reminded me of Belle from Beauty and the Beast my favorite Disney movie which increased my desire to protect her. That being said, you don't actually have to protect her. In combat she doesn't take damage and never gets focused byKen Levine and company amaze once again in this installment of BioShock. They did an excellent job in flushing out the characters, especially Elizabeth. She reminded me of Belle from Beauty and the Beast my favorite Disney movie which increased my desire to protect her. That being said, you don't actually have to protect her. In combat she doesn't take damage and never gets focused by enemies. It certainly makes the game easier as she runs around freely finding you ammo, salts, and health as you fight without having to worry of her getting killed. Personally I would have liked to make her more part of each battle and scenario, creating that need/want to ensure her safety much like TWD: The Game did with Clem. That aside the writers did exceptionally well making me care for her regardless. It's nice to finally see a big title game with a superbly crafted story (the ending is mind blowing, in my opinion). Where as so many big companies with movies and games (i. e. Blizzard) give the story a back seat in favor of flashy cinematics and graphics. Personally I want a rich story where I give a damn what's happening to the people and things inside that world. I cannot stress enough how BioShock Infinite succeeds in that. The gameplay itself is fun using magic and guns to take down your enemies and the introduction of the skylines are a nice new mechanic, certainly no complaints there either. With promised DLC coming and the season pass already in store (you get added goodies for signing up early) this is how games should be done. I can't wait to see what the season pass brings to the table in this astonishing world. Woo! Play this game! Expand
  45. Mar 27, 2013
    I can't beleive how low some user reviews are rating this game. Shame on you. Because a games social and spiritual concepts trancend your understanding of the world you live in doesn't mean these concepts are invalid, or in by any stretch of the imagination unimportant. The philosophical commentary incorporated into the Bioshock series, particularly 1 and infinite are right up there withI can't beleive how low some user reviews are rating this game. Shame on you. Because a games social and spiritual concepts trancend your understanding of the world you live in doesn't mean these concepts are invalid, or in by any stretch of the imagination unimportant. The philosophical commentary incorporated into the Bioshock series, particularly 1 and infinite are right up there with the likes of Metal Gear Solid, maybe even a bit more clever than Kojima's masterpiece. Artistically, the game is up there with Journey. A creature of deep beauty that it will take more than one playthrough to fully appreciate. The first half hour is one of the most breathtaking moments in gaming. And I have literally played every single AAA title throughout the LAST 2 GENERATIONS. Expand
  46. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is okay. I'll be honest though the first two Bioshock games I didn't think were as amusing as reviews dictated. I picked this up because face it, this is a really slow year for games thus far so I figured why not. It's a good game but I don't see why it is averaging the 95/100 that it currently is. Bioshock is one of those games that I will never understand the great hypeThis game is okay. I'll be honest though the first two Bioshock games I didn't think were as amusing as reviews dictated. I picked this up because face it, this is a really slow year for games thus far so I figured why not. It's a good game but I don't see why it is averaging the 95/100 that it currently is. Bioshock is one of those games that I will never understand the great hype behind. My advice? If you're really set on buying it, wait until it drops in price. Just like the other two Bioshock games the price drop will occur rather soon and severely. This game just isn't worth $60 in my opinion. It's good in it's own right but I would pay no more than $40 absolute max for it. The artwork is great but the gameplay is lacking. If you buy games because of artwork then this is for you. If you buy it for gameplay, wait until it is cheaper. Expand
  47. Apr 15, 2013
    Possibly the game of the year if you ask me. This is just so much fun and it is an amazing adventure. Elizabeth is the most helpful partner I have ever seen in a video game in a while, she gets you money, ammo, health, salts and never gets in your way, she doesn't die either so you won't get pissed off at the game more. The air rail transportation is so cool and its really fun ti travel soPossibly the game of the year if you ask me. This is just so much fun and it is an amazing adventure. Elizabeth is the most helpful partner I have ever seen in a video game in a while, she gets you money, ammo, health, salts and never gets in your way, she doesn't die either so you won't get pissed off at the game more. The air rail transportation is so cool and its really fun ti travel so fast in the air. The plot is so awesome and the ending is so good, it will definitely keep you thinking for a day or tow. BioShock Infinite was a good turn on the series because usually these type of spinoffs never really work out, but this one did so well. Expand
  48. Mar 26, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is a wonderful antidote to the extreme headache and disappointment that was Aliens: Colonial Marines and SimCity. This game is absolutely and utterly awe-inspiring! The BioShock games have a legacy of gold in terms of production value and narrative, and Infinite may just be the best in the series. I haven't played through the entire game yet but what I've played throughBioShock Infinite is a wonderful antidote to the extreme headache and disappointment that was Aliens: Colonial Marines and SimCity. This game is absolutely and utterly awe-inspiring! The BioShock games have a legacy of gold in terms of production value and narrative, and Infinite may just be the best in the series. I haven't played through the entire game yet but what I've played through thus far has left me wide-eyed like a a little boy on a birthday celebration that lasts weeks! The game art is superb. When I heard Infinite would take place in a flying city I almost immediately had my doubts. I thought "they've gone too far! Rapture is already so far-fetched". How wrong I was. No one other than Ken Levine (and Jules Verne maybe) can suspend our disbelief so quickly and utterly convince us that flying cities are possible! The voice-acting... what can I say... if only there were Oscars for voice-acting... this game would sweep them all. I'm not usually this prone to superlatives but I haven't come out of a game so utterly struck and moved by the genius of its design in... I can't even remember when was the last I felt like this. Maybe Majora's Mask? I don't know. These moments are so far between and rare. I won't get too much into narrative but what struck me the most is how much the game is actually about your companion, and not you. And the way the game almost effortlessly glides you through its narrative genius that you just cannot pull yourself away. The society of Columbia is euphoric... like a constant independence day that never ends and gives homage to itself in every way it can. But from the on-set there is something creepy about its perfection and its this mystery which keeps nudging you. I feel right at home in dystopias and it's so refreshing to see one that isn't just about doom and gloom, but rather about exceptionalism, perfection and utter narcissism. This game holds up a hyperbolic mirror to the U.S. and its culture and reveals the tarnished flaws it was built on and also highlights its promise. WHat an engaging world this game has brought us! And who says games don't make you think or waste your time? My one complaint about the game is despite having a machine which is able to run the game on ultra high graphics effortlessly, it does crash every so often with an error that reads "No disk in drive. Please insert HDD". I'm running the game off my hard drive so I fail to see how I should 'insert' another one and I definitely have enough memory. But nonetheless, this could be an issue with my own settings. This game is Great and it will receive all the glory and praise it deserves! At least there are still developers out there who know what they are doing and deliver each time. Bravo! Expand
  49. Mar 29, 2013
    This is a perfect case of nostalgia taking over a sound judgment; I'm seeing alot of 10's where that kind of score should be given to a perfect game with no faults whatsoever. The game is good, I admit that. It has one of the most amazing visuals this gen and the story, while not on par with the previous shock games, is still good enough to immerse any gamer. The gameplay, however, is soThis is a perfect case of nostalgia taking over a sound judgment; I'm seeing alot of 10's where that kind of score should be given to a perfect game with no faults whatsoever. The game is good, I admit that. It has one of the most amazing visuals this gen and the story, while not on par with the previous shock games, is still good enough to immerse any gamer. The gameplay, however, is so frustrating. I'm not sure whether i'm just that good or the combat is effing easy. I was playing on Hard mode but enemies rarely pose a challenge; It was supposed to be a Souls-kind of difficulty on higher modes but the devs apparently catered to the casuals. The gameplay was also dumbed down. I still vividly remember my first encounter with a Big Daddy; it really sent shivers down my spine. It was such a juggernaut that first time encounters will be really difficult. Infinite poses no intimidating enemies. It felt like I'm just shooting down generic AI just to advance the story. I was about to give this game a 6/10 but seeing so many 10's, I have to give it a 4 to level the score. Expand
  50. Apr 1, 2013
    First off I would like to ask what is up with all of these gamers downing this game? this game is pure
    genius in every sense of the word. Ken Levine really created a masterpiece and in my opinion surpassed the original in everyway. I believe that this is probably one of the greatest games ever to be released. The story aspect of this game is flawless you can tell that the developers really wanted to get the gamer to think at the end and it delivers I have never been so impressed with such a story. Next is gameplay I see from a lot of reviews people complaining about silly things like lock picking personally I thought that by having Elizabeth contribute to certain things such as that and giving ammo, salts, etc.. really gave the game some real depth and also added a connection with her which rarely happens nowadays. I personally think that irrational games gave the gamer solid responsive gameplay an epic over the top action and story driven experience that should NOT be missed by anyone who calls themselves a gamer.
  51. Mar 27, 2013
    My faith in video games was restored by this game. The constant release of trash titles was seriously affecting my purchases to the point where for the past 2 years I've bought 3 console games. The in game world is beautiful and immersing as the previous Bioshock games were. With the change of scenery I was skeptical, but what a surprise it was to find that the world played along with theMy faith in video games was restored by this game. The constant release of trash titles was seriously affecting my purchases to the point where for the past 2 years I've bought 3 console games. The in game world is beautiful and immersing as the previous Bioshock games were. With the change of scenery I was skeptical, but what a surprise it was to find that the world played along with the story very nicely. The story is gripping, twisting and turning always leaving you with questions that you are never sure will be answered. However, be prepared; there are fewer choices to be made as this tale is more linear than the previous games. Not much of a negative though since there are still plenty of choices to be made. If you are a fan of the first 2 and are open to new ideas, this game is a MUST buy for you. Expand
  52. Mar 28, 2013
    Great graphics and interesting storyline. Combat is still second rate in my opinion, but the splendour of the environment will more than compensate for it. Disappointing though, to see, in the first few minutes, a large sign over one of the shops with a spelling error. (Confectionary) Sort of detracts from the professionalism of the game somewhat. Nevertheless, you won't be disappointedGreat graphics and interesting storyline. Combat is still second rate in my opinion, but the splendour of the environment will more than compensate for it. Disappointing though, to see, in the first few minutes, a large sign over one of the shops with a spelling error. (Confectionary) Sort of detracts from the professionalism of the game somewhat. Nevertheless, you won't be disappointed with this one. Expand
  53. Mar 30, 2013
    Even though I had some framerate and loading issues, this is the best game I've played so far this year and my best experience with a first person game since the last Bioshock game. Gameplay is inventive and fun, narrative is strong and well paced. Regardless of which system you play this on, this is a experience worth having.
  54. Jun 24, 2013
    This game is one of favorite games of 2013.I loved every minute of it from the gameplay to the combat to the story,It was amazing! The story pulls you right in,and you actually car for Elizabeth.She is also not annoying. She does extremely helpful things such as giving you ammo,salts,and health. This game is truly great and deserves it glory
  55. Mar 26, 2013
    Already a contender for GOTY. Gorgeous and unbelievable are understatements. Not only is this game the best in the series, i might put it as one of the best games this decade.
  56. May 20, 2013
    The first 2 hours or so was amazing but it turned into a grind after that. Columbia is an amazing backdrop and I commend the devs for the effort they have obviously put in. As a shooter, it doesn't really add anything to the genre. Being able to carry only two guns at a time was very annoying. The enemy seems to know where you are at all times, even if you attempt to use the limitedThe first 2 hours or so was amazing but it turned into a grind after that. Columbia is an amazing backdrop and I commend the devs for the effort they have obviously put in. As a shooter, it doesn't really add anything to the genre. Being able to carry only two guns at a time was very annoying. The enemy seems to know where you are at all times, even if you attempt to use the limited cover available. I enjoyed the story and the ending was enjoyable. Unless you are a big fan of the series, I would recommend waiting for the price to drop a bit before playing through this one. Expand
  57. Mar 29, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is one of the rare games where the gameplay, story, and pacing all come together to create a special kind of game that only comes around every few years. The controls are incredibly refined, the graphics are fantastic and on an epic scope. The new vigors like bucking bronco and murder of crows add a fantastic amount of depth to the combat. Voice acting is top notch. It'sBioshock Infinite is one of the rare games where the gameplay, story, and pacing all come together to create a special kind of game that only comes around every few years. The controls are incredibly refined, the graphics are fantastic and on an epic scope. The new vigors like bucking bronco and murder of crows add a fantastic amount of depth to the combat. Voice acting is top notch. It's early in the year, but this will likely be on top of many GOTY lists for 2013. Expand
  58. Apr 24, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite is an amazing game! Period! The graphics are absolutely stunning, the story is great and will keep you guessing and thinking all the way to the end! Also Booker and Elizabeth are two of the best most well realized characters that i've seen since John Marston Red Dead Redemption and Cole Phelps L.A. Noire You need to go get this if you haven't already! its one of theBioshock Infinite is an amazing game! Period! The graphics are absolutely stunning, the story is great and will keep you guessing and thinking all the way to the end! Also Booker and Elizabeth are two of the best most well realized characters that i've seen since John Marston Red Dead Redemption and Cole Phelps L.A. Noire You need to go get this if you haven't already! its one of the best games you're gonna play this year! Expand
  59. Apr 25, 2013
    I was never really a fan of Bioshock, I played the first game for a few minutes and played through half of the 2nd game at a friend's house, but after seeing all the glowing reviews, I decided to get it a few days after release date. And I loved almost everything about this game. The gameplay was great, story was great, environmental graphics are great, facial animations look a littleI was never really a fan of Bioshock, I played the first game for a few minutes and played through half of the 2nd game at a friend's house, but after seeing all the glowing reviews, I decided to get it a few days after release date. And I loved almost everything about this game. The gameplay was great, story was great, environmental graphics are great, facial animations look a little cartoonish, but still look good. It's a lot easier than the other Bioshock games, and great for newcomers since it only has minor references to previous games (a sort of big one in the end but I won't spoil it). Expand
  60. Apr 2, 2013
    I must be the strangest Bioshock fan in the world.

My personal favorite is Bioshock 2 and I'm not afraid to admit is one of my favorite games of all time; it impressed me where the original didn't; story wise, gameplay, artistic style, etc... Now... after a long wait, after demos, pictures and many trailers teasing us for the next entry where Bioshock is now taking us to the new city
    I must be the strangest Bioshock fan in the world.

Now... after a long wait, after demos, pictures and many trailers teasing us for the next entry where Bioshock is now taking us to the new city of Columbia; a fresh new place to tell a completely new story and to marvel us once again... have Ken Levine and Irrational Games delivered the game of a generation? I'm going to say "No"

Now don't get me wrong... Bioshock Infinite is a great game and a most own; however I know how critics and fanboys have reacted and to be fair I think is quite a bit too much. The story is fantastic no doubt, it touches many human and social topics in a way we haven't looked at before, the characters are likable, the world of Columbia is fascinating and is overall awesome, but the passing was poorly executed has there is little time to meet the characters we are seeing and untimely making it hard to care for their fate safe for Booker and Elizabeth.

In the previous game I could relate with Subject Delta and Jack because were my choices what defined their characters and their ultimate outcome, Booker is the opposite he is himself and I found myself liking him but just like I wish I could and Elizabeth is a very likable and a nice character.

Gameplay wise is nothing revolutionary, it functions around the basic FPS style of this generation without really bringing anything new to the table, you are restricted to only two guns at a time, you cannot carry med packs with you anymore either can you carry salts, regenerable shields serves to mask the "regenerable health" must shooters use now days, little to no RPG elements in the overall game (the gear upgrades felt rather pointless IMO) no real variety in combat; but it's not bad or uninteresting... the occasional handy man or tin man battles actually demand quick adaptations and fast decisions, vigors give an interesting dynamic to the fight just like Bioshock 1 and 2 did before with their plasmids and Elizabeth is actually an wonderful asset to the fights.

Bioshock Infinite is a great game and I will never get tired of saying it, but is just not the fascinating game the critics and fans say it is, maybe in the future people will eventually look back and notice the things this game has for and against it...
  61. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is amazing. The plot had me intrigued from the start and never lost my attention. Game play is excellent, it took me some time to get really good on the skylines but once I had it down it was a thrill to zip around Columbia. Another great thing about this game is that Elizabeth never gets in your way during combat which is something I was worried about, but Irrational Games madeThis game is amazing. The plot had me intrigued from the start and never lost my attention. Game play is excellent, it took me some time to get really good on the skylines but once I had it down it was a thrill to zip around Columbia. Another great thing about this game is that Elizabeth never gets in your way during combat which is something I was worried about, but Irrational Games made it so she only helps you and never causes you trouble when the action picks up. If you enjoy video games I would say this is one to not be missed. Expand
  62. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece! They managed to do EVERYTHING Right! I got a good 16 hours out of this game, If your thinking about buying this game, DO IT, You wont regret it!
  63. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A great game with sterling cinematic writing, it's a deserved edition to your collection. I wasn't a fan of the previous 2 Bioshock games but this one has taken the game to (literally) another level. I was unsure at first as the gameplay is almost identical to Dishonored and other similar games, but as soon as I was given the skyhook it blew me away. Great game. Expand
  64. Apr 15, 2013
    This game is nothing but a Masterpiece! I just couldn't stop playing it till I finally finished it. And when that happened, my chin was on the floor, the emotion, the portraits,... everything spoke to me like no other game before.

BioShock 1 was magnificent, but Infinite takes the whole game experience to another level. It's gaming in its most pure form: ART.
  65. Mar 26, 2013
    Haven't finished it yet but I am 3 hours in and I already know that this game delivers. It is absolutely stunningly beautiful and very fun. I wouldn't be surprised if this wins game of the year. It is very hard to put down.
  66. Mar 26, 2013
    One of the best games this gen, and best FPS. GOTY for sure. The story is amazing and a amazing twist. the graphics are top notch and voice acting is top notch.
  67. Mar 26, 2013
    It's so different to the first Bioshock, yet so similar at the same time. It does everything right, great story, amazing graphics and combat, and if anybody's having second thoughts about buying it because they're worried about Elizabeth being annoying, that's not an issue at all. She adds so much to an already fantastic game. Just buy it already!
  68. Mar 30, 2013
    This game is one of the best examples that someone can give to demonstrate games can be more than just mashing buttons, games can be beautiful adventures and this game at least in my heart will always be a truly beautiful work of art. There's not one reason that i could think of on why not rate this game a 10 out 10.
    The graphics, the music, the gameplay, the story, everything is just
    The graphics, the music, the gameplay, the story, everything is just beautiful and touching even if the console version doesn't look at good as the pc or has the limitation of only using two weapons the gameplay never feels boring or repetitive even the plasmids that aren't as important as the past games they still play a big part in combat i would say even the bigger. The story can definitely become confusing but after you finish the game you will understand that the story was made for you to feel that way at that specific part of the story. In conclusion Bioshock Infinite at least in my personal view is a game that you can't really ask for more
    the graphics are spectacular in some occasions, the music is beautiful, the gameplay is smooth and addictive, and the story will keep you coming back just to see what ends up happening plus the ending is just mind blowing it even has an amazing epilogue this game will give you an experience that you don't want to miss worth every penny that the game costs and gives hope for the shooter genre.
  69. Mar 26, 2013
    This has to be one of the finest games I have ever played, a masterpiece by anyone's standard. Everything about it is astonishing; the gunplay, the artwork, the environments and don't even get me started on the story.

Never have i felt so immersed in a game, this truly felt like an adventure, recapturing that feeling I got with games when I was a child. This is the Half Life 2 of this Generation and i dont forsee it being beaten for atleast a decade.

My only regret is that towards the end I rushed it even though I had time to really explore, if you do decide to buy this, don't make the same mistake, savor every last moment with this beauty and my god take in everything you see.

70. Mar 26, 2013
    Work made by devs is excellent.
    Gameplay,level design,graphics,etc..
    The universe around Bioshock is unique.
    Even i only played 3 or 4 hours, it looks like of a master 2013 game
  71. Mar 27, 2013
    Amazing game. Level of detail is outstanding. The gameplay, story, characters and the setting are all fantastic. Go out and buy it you won't be disappointed.
  72. Mar 27, 2013
    A game that has been in development for a long time now has finally come out and it has 100% been worth the wait and a breath of fresh air to the first person shooter market. When all hope was lost for the first person shooter market with bad and boring games like Call of Duty and Sniper Ghost warrior, games that are being milked and milked to the point they are now bone dry, what BioshockA game that has been in development for a long time now has finally come out and it has 100% been worth the wait and a breath of fresh air to the first person shooter market. When all hope was lost for the first person shooter market with bad and boring games like Call of Duty and Sniper Ghost warrior, games that are being milked and milked to the point they are now bone dry, what Bioshock Infinite does is so imaginative with story telling and setting that all over first person games have a lot to live up to. When you first start in the world of the new Bioshock game you instantly feel a sense of journey and mystery this feeling carry's its way through into the floating city of Columbia were you are immersed into beauty and rich atmosphere its a city were you right a home with. The scale of this game is fantastic, from the open aired streets to small enclosed corridors of houses and some great Hollywood moments to put it up there with the greatest of games. The story is very deep to put it mildly its a little like the fairy tale rapunzel, get the girl fight the beast and get out, obviously things are not as simple as that but I will say at some point in the story the actual story hits you like a tone of bricks and continues to get more amazing, surprising and shocking but I wont tell you anymore. Columbia is a living and breathing world a world which you could defiantly believe to be true and the story brings it to life with small detailed things in the world; like flight paths. The girl Elizabeth as a AI character is the best I have seen as she interacts with the entire world she gives you ammo, health and vigors she also opens up tears in the world were she brings in things from another world to Columbia like cover and men to help you. Elizabeth also comments on things in the world and draws you to over paths like letters and books and yes when you go into the mens toilets she will wait outside for you. She is the most realist I have seen in a video game. There are a few down points but nothing that should put you off .One is half way through the game and it just slowly gets boring because your just shooting but it swiftly puts all that behind its self. Another is the gun combat it feels a little poor compared to the rest of the game's good quality's. And the last is nothing to do after you have beaten the game obviously you can replay it on a harder difficulty and collect everything but you can do that quickly I was hoping that there would be some sort of online feature but I would prefer just an amazing campaign which we got. Im sure they will bring out DLC The campaign is a good length I finished it in ten hours and that is also collecting everything and having a nose into every corner of the game. Over good points I should mention is superb voice acting by both leading roles and great script writing. Visuals are good there not incredible like Uncharted 3 and Battlefield but it is just perfect for the game. In conclusion this game is quality and it is very rare that people have so much care and perfection for their games the people in Irrational games have this passion and it is great to see. I give this game a 9.8/10 what a masterpiece. Expand
  73. Mar 27, 2013
    BioShock Infinite is the type of game that, as one would expect from the likes of Irrational Games, leaves the player to think long after the credits roll. When I finished playing, my thoughts were along the lines of 'What just happened?', 'Does that mean...?' and 'Is it really over?'. Well, for the latter, I recommend that you stick around during and after the credits.

From a gameplay

From a gameplay perspective, the game is sound. If you have played the original BioShock, you'll feel right at home with the new powers named Vigors, which are basically the Plasmids you're used to, albeit slightly different. The shooting feels fluid and accurate it's not as unrealistic as Call of Duty nor does it have the insane recoil that the Battlefield series possesses. There is the introduction of Tears, which allow you to use the abilities of a sophisticated and helpful AI named Elizabeth, who is critical to the story and never once gets in the players way. She can bring many things into the world around you, aiding in combat and/or navigation, such as cover, first aid kits, turrets etc. Throughout the game, you are given choices, but none of these effect the ending, which leads me to the story...

Compared to the first (And second) BioShock, choices in the game feel rather insignificant. They don't dramatically alter the world. However, unlike most games, the linear narrative suits the story the game is telling very well, and would destroy the idea that the player character, Booker DeWitt, is his own individual. Booker is neither a good nor bad person, and you won't always like who he is or what he's done, but players will find themselves caring for him by the end of the game. Elizabeth, Booker's companion, is a young woman who is very much like your typical princess locked in a tower...or so you first think. She is someone that you, as a player, want to protect, but such a thing is never required in combat. She is never a hindrance, only offering useful help throughout the game. I won't spoil any of the story for you, but it's nothing short of brilliant. Sometimes, you'll be completely puzzled. Others, you'll understand until a new element is introduced. But by the end, I understood everything completely, and even found myself emotionally touched. The presentation of the game is fantastic. I often found myself dazzled by just how beautiful this game is. The city is a wonder to behold. It's inhabitants look and act like they should. The environments are usually excellent. It seems that Irrational spent a long time polishing this fantastic experience, as I never once encountered a glitch while playing. The detail is astounding, in most cases. However, low texture does appear in the strangest of places. There was a point in the game that I had just jumped from a Skyline (Which are great fun!) and was ready to face a horde of enemies. What I wasn't prepared for was a giant, blurry...'thing' in front of me! It turns out that it was some sort of blimp device, but I would have never guessed had I not taken a few (Okay, I ran at least a mile) steps back to get a better look. Without a shred of doubt, BioShock Infinite is an early contender for earning many Game of the Year Awards. When I started playing the game, I was worried as to whether it would live up to the hype and the name of BioShock, but I can honestly say that it does just that. In many ways, this game is far superior than even the original. So, without further ado, would you kindly do yourself a favour and buy this game?
  74. Mar 27, 2013
    Do not listen to any of the low reviews of Bioshock Infinite. Its one of the greatest games of all time just like the first one. The graphics on the xbox and playstation of course aren't as good as the pc, but it really doesn't take away from the experience at all. The game is a refreshing blast to a stale market of fps shooters. If you are tired of playing mindless copy and paste gamesDo not listen to any of the low reviews of Bioshock Infinite. Its one of the greatest games of all time just like the first one. The graphics on the xbox and playstation of course aren't as good as the pc, but it really doesn't take away from the experience at all. The game is a refreshing blast to a stale market of fps shooters. If you are tired of playing mindless copy and paste games such as call of duty I highly recommend picking up Bioshock Infinite, but if you are one who can't sit through a single player game and have a constant itch to play online with the masses I recommend you run far far away from this game. Expand
  75. Mar 27, 2013
    AWESOME GAME. Just what to expect from a BioShock game, unique, creative, and innovative. It's a shame if you don't get this game. I just wish I had a gaming PC, so I could max this game out.
  76. Mar 28, 2013
    Well structured game that proves to the community that 2K Games really proves to be a company that takes time to create games with enough polish and a well-structured story. 10/10
  77. Mar 28, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite was a good game, but didn't give me the same 'wow' feeling as the original. The story was pretty clique but i feel the fantastic visuals make up for this. The ending to me though, was slightly unfulfilling, but not as bad as Mass Effect 3's.
  78. Mar 28, 2013
    Disappointment. I feel cheated. This goes down as the most over-hyped over-rated game in history. As someone who played the first two games and loved the experience, I feel incredibly let down by this release. I'm sorry for the fan-boys that claim this is the GOTY, they require mental evaluation. Uninspiring gameplay, washed out visuals and DLC content absolutely ruin this game. I'mDisappointment. I feel cheated. This goes down as the most over-hyped over-rated game in history. As someone who played the first two games and loved the experience, I feel incredibly let down by this release. I'm sorry for the fan-boys that claim this is the GOTY, they require mental evaluation. Uninspiring gameplay, washed out visuals and DLC content absolutely ruin this game. I'm reselling it before everyone else comes to their senses. Expand
  79. Mar 28, 2013
    As a fan if the original instalments in the BioShock franchise, I was excited to see where Infinite would go and what it would do to give players a fresh and exciting experience. And after getting my hands on it and playing it through I can honestly say that BioShock: Infinite does everything right.

The game is a joy to play, everything from roaming around the stunning streets of the flying city Colombia to riding the skylines with the useful and deadly skyhook, it all works seamlessly. The game has some of the best graphics I have seen in a very long while, and the way that Colombia has been painstakingly built from the ground up is jaw dropping. We as the players, are offered a city to explore unlike any I have seen before in any game, let alone a BioShock title. Where Infinite really shines though, is the story, which has to be one of the most moving 12 15hrs I have ever experienced in a game. Booker and Elizabeth's struggle to escape the doomed city is one that has many twists, turns and flat out shocks that I did not see coming. Moments throughout the game were tear wrenching and only made for a more compelling experience. To avoid spoilers I am simply going to say, if you want to play a genre and perhaps a generation defining game, look no further. BioShock Infinite is a flawless masterpiece, which despite it's many delays, has been well worth the wait.
  80. Mar 28, 2013
    This is a great game, and Columbia is beautiful. It has a really solid story and excellent gameplay, but I have to admit I enjoyed Rapture much more. The Original 'Bioshock' is better. 'Infinite' feels almost to open world-ish at times for a Bioshock game that It feels like I have to spend just as much time looting as I do shooting just to prevent from running out of ammo and vigor, andThis is a great game, and Columbia is beautiful. It has a really solid story and excellent gameplay, but I have to admit I enjoyed Rapture much more. The Original 'Bioshock' is better. 'Infinite' feels almost to open world-ish at times for a Bioshock game that It feels like I have to spend just as much time looting as I do shooting just to prevent from running out of ammo and vigor, and while it has a good story, it's got nothing on the original. Expand
  81. Mar 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gameplay 10/10 It plays great, people who are worried about the partner AI being annoying worry yourselves not Elizabeth is no (insert resident evil AI partner/escort here) she actually helps you (throws you ammo, money, health-packs, salts.) and will "teleport" close to you (but behind you or off to the side so it doesn't break immersion) if you get too far ahead of her. The "vigors" (plasmids) and guns feel great although I found I was using the pistols mostly (possibly just my preference I find I like pistols in most games for some reason)

Graphics 9/10 mostly amazing, there's alot of bloom at times and I had to turn down my brightness just to be able to see enemies that were in the same direction as the sun. (I wont give you alot of details here because frankly I don't know about graphics, if it looks nice it looks nice right?) Audio 8/10 the sound effects are amazing, the guns (especially the pistol) make big boom! The music is eerie when it needs to be and really adds to the atmosphere. only complaints I have are that the combat is really loud at times, which is both good and bad and is easily remedied by turning down the SFX volume (or just doing what I did and turning down my speakers when it gets loud so's not to piss off the neighbors :P) and sometimes the dialogue is too quiet. Story 4/10 "Bioshock: Fringe Division! Don't get me wrong the atmosphere is great and the story is great for the most part but in the end it left me not able make balls or brains out of what the flying actually happened, it's like a bastardized version of Fringe, except fringe made sense, this doesn't, I get the feeling they were trying to be too philosophical with the ending except the writers are definitely not philosophers. World-building 10/10 Bioshock Infinite creates an amazing world taking hint from post revolutionary war and civil war themes and issues. Characters 7/10 The game's characters for the most part are amazing you'll fall in love with Elizabeth and want to rip Comstock's dick out of his eye-sockets, however near the beginning of the game Elizabeth does a few things that didn't sit right with me, for example the first time you kill a room full of bad guys she runs away, but as soon as you catch up with her again she's all happy to be friends again, with only a couple of lines of dialogue explanation on why you had to go postal on all those human beings.
  82. Mar 29, 2013
    This was a brilliant masterpiece of a game! Definitely made it into my top ten favorite video games of all time. I seriously do not understand how somebody could hate this game (and I am sure all the people who wrote bad reviews are the classic stick up your butt hate the world kids). Finally, something to break free from the mediocrity that has become gaming. I am torn because I lovedThis was a brilliant masterpiece of a game! Definitely made it into my top ten favorite video games of all time. I seriously do not understand how somebody could hate this game (and I am sure all the people who wrote bad reviews are the classic stick up your butt hate the world kids). Finally, something to break free from the mediocrity that has become gaming. I am torn because I loved BioShock 1 but I almost like Infinite more. The story is so complex and so awesome that I couldn't even believe it. It inspired me to create a metacritic account just to show support for the game in some way. The fighting and the world of Columbia is so awesome, strategizing how to fight using tears as well as skylines (and obviously your weapons and vigors), its incredibly fun. The developers and creators put a ton of time into creating this game and it shows, the attention to detail is ridiculous, you could spend hours just walking around and looking at the world of Columbia. It is absolutely gorgeous and usually I don't even care about voice acting in games but it literally was so good that I actually noticed it. Addictive gameplay and awesome fighting system. If you haven't played it and like the other two games, do yourself a favor and buy it or rent it at the very least! Expand
  83. Mar 29, 2013
    Completely amazing game. The story is great and Elizabeth is the most relatable video game character I've ever come across. She's not just another NPC that you drag around, she's a person who you get to know. She helps you out in battle, she talks to you, she relates with you. Elizabeth makes this game.

The only (minor) qualm I have with this game is the saving system. You can only load your most recent checkpoint, and there's no clear indication of when that was. You can't quicksave or quickload, and you can't save previous saves. This prevents you from going back to re-do an area differently or to make a different decision without outright playing the game again.

All in all, an amazing experience.
  84. Mar 29, 2013
    This is a very interesting game. Essentially, the game play is really nothing new. Its a straightforward shooter. You can only have two guns at any one time, and the powers that you get are not overly imaginative. If it weren't for the story, the game would just be a solid shooter. It is the story that really sets this game apart however. The ending sent me reeling, and I was hookedThis is a very interesting game. Essentially, the game play is really nothing new. Its a straightforward shooter. You can only have two guns at any one time, and the powers that you get are not overly imaginative. If it weren't for the story, the game would just be a solid shooter. It is the story that really sets this game apart however. The ending sent me reeling, and I was hooked throughout the entire ride. The game makes you invested in finding and listening to the collectibles, to extract as much as you can from the story. I won't spoil anything, but it really gets you thinking. Its quite a ride.

I don't think that the game is perfect like others have suggested, they definitely could have made the game play more innovative, but its good at what it does.

Make no mistake, the game is good based on its own game play merits, but the narrative takes the game to a whole new level. Something very unique in Bioshock Infinite.
  85. Mar 30, 2013
    okay to start. Whoever thinks this game is bad, they should put their controller down, hang a noose from the ceiling, and hang themselves. clearly you guys are haters and have no idea what you're talking about. The people who probably think this game is bad, still think sports games are "games"; they are simulators. this game will go down in video game history.the graphics, story andokay to start. Whoever thinks this game is bad, they should put their controller down, hang a noose from the ceiling, and hang themselves. clearly you guys are haters and have no idea what you're talking about. The people who probably think this game is bad, still think sports games are "games"; they are simulators. this game will go down in video game history.the graphics, story and gameplay are all spot on and have no flaws. I'll be the first 1 to say that's the second Bioshock sucked, but this is truly an amazing game that all should have the pleasure to enjoy. Expand
  86. Mar 30, 2013
    I just was not that all impressed, to me it seemed like all the highlights of the game shown in trailers were really the only highlights of the game. It was fun but is not a game I could play over because the extra things to do in the game were very monotonous. I know some people love it but it just didn't do it for me, however Crysis 3 did
  87. Oct 7, 2013
    Bioshock Infinite does not break the same ground that System Shock and Bioshock 1 did, but does streamline and refine most the gameplay mechanics. Shooting and Powers are much better this time around falling more in line with modern shooters. The negative is lack of diverse enemy types and poor AI. The setting, story, and wonderfully voiced characters are a much bigger part of theBioshock Infinite does not break the same ground that System Shock and Bioshock 1 did, but does streamline and refine most the gameplay mechanics. Shooting and Powers are much better this time around falling more in line with modern shooters. The negative is lack of diverse enemy types and poor AI. The setting, story, and wonderfully voiced characters are a much bigger part of the experience and by the end you'll genuinely feel for the characters. Without spoiling anything, the ending is one of the better ones in gaming in recent memory. This game is worth your time! Very excited about the next Ken Levine game. Expand
  88. Mar 30, 2013
    Bioshock infinite is amazing. The level of detail in this game is beyond the words of a reviewer, and the story is perfect for the time we live in. This is one of the best games I have ever played
  89. Mar 30, 2013
    It begins much like the previous BioShock games, just you against the world trying to achieve a single goal, but during the rescue of Elizabeth a relationship is formed with her character that makes the ending such a surprising, poignant and emotional moment. My only negative, and quite a large one at that, would be that it was too quick to finish, even though I chose Hard mode from theIt begins much like the previous BioShock games, just you against the world trying to achieve a single goal, but during the rescue of Elizabeth a relationship is formed with her character that makes the ending such a surprising, poignant and emotional moment. My only negative, and quite a large one at that, would be that it was too quick to finish, even though I chose Hard mode from the beginning. 18 hours according to Steam, although that was over the Easter weekend so I had plenty of game time available. Yes, I could now play it in 1999 mode for it to be more difficult but, unlike the previous BioShock, this is a fixed story line and I have no wish to revisit Columbia and my relationship with Elizabeth, knowing how it will end. Expand
  90. Apr 5, 2013
    Combat is solid and the skylines make for a great amount of fun. The animations, voice acting and sound might be the best overall we have ever seen in a game before. The story is sound and interesting. Must buy.
  91. Mar 31, 2013
    Is it a game? Is it an art? Bioshock Infinite is right in the centre. One of the most charming visions of utopia. Realistic graphics and very good locations will make you want to stop killing and start exploring every corner- what is rewarded in goods like perks, cash and... side quests. Also AI is doing fine. Elizabeth uses surrounding her items like books, tables, benches to perform anIs it a game? Is it an art? Bioshock Infinite is right in the centre. One of the most charming visions of utopia. Realistic graphics and very good locations will make you want to stop killing and start exploring every corner- what is rewarded in goods like perks, cash and... side quests. Also AI is doing fine. Elizabeth uses surrounding her items like books, tables, benches to perform an adequate action. She stops to read a book/journal or to sit on a bench. Game mechanism is nothing new. It is the same we remember from previous Bioshocks, but it is not a problem at all- game is very entertaining. Sound effects could be better, but are not bad. Graphics 10/10
    Sound 7/10
    Entertainment 9/10
    Ambiance 10/10
    Storyline 8/10

Overall: 8,8/10
  92. Mar 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Disappointed is the word I would use to describe my feeling about this game. While the game is visual beautiful, it lacks from the previous games in the franchise. To bad they did not get this game right. Not only is it the shortest of the three, it has a annoying story to follow. I found the purpose of traps with every vigor somewhat useless as majority of the environments are large in comparison to the first 2 bioshock. The story and ending was confusing at times, and I to finished the game feeling ripped off. Glad I payed for a short game with a little enjoyment in the game play. The time line seems to be short so the bond between Elizabeth and Booker is forgettable. I hate that you can carry only two guns. I looked forward to another one in the series, but this game wasn't as good, and like I said I was left feeling disappointed. Expand
  93. Mar 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 9.5 -Ign ...come on people seriously?
    Yes, its a great game, but only on its own. By no means would i consider this a Bioshock game. Even while acknowledging the few critical plot holes, the meat of this game is in its story and not in its gameplay. Ex. Half way through the game you'll get involved in a race war. The blacks, Asians and other minorities join the Vox and fight back against the bigoted Columbians. However the game fails to mention how such a massive amount of these people came to live here in the slums in the first place considering how racially prejudice the whole of the city was from the get go. Gameplay-wise, compared to previous Bioshock titles, feels severely dumbed down. You have a regenerating shield, can only carry two weapons and two plasmids at a time and they REMOVED HACKING!!! Elizabeth being latched on to your ankles throwing you ammo, health, salts (equivalent of adam for plasmids) in my opinion made the game feel too easy. Its not as eerie as the previous titles were either. There's also no real choice, or different endings you can get based on your behavior during the game. This is explained later and is certainly not that big a deal, but again, compared to previous Bioshock games, its too different. Elizabeth can also teleport in objects from other dimensions when you tell her to. These are usually either sentry guns, hooks or cover. I found them to obstruct my view and offer little actual support when I truly needed it. Last thing I would like to mention is the skyline gimmick. Just don't expect to zip across from one end of town to the other. These are looped and placed in certain areas where you'll usually have to survive waves of enemies before you can continue. They can get you to certain ledges and otherwise un-reachable platforms, but that's about it. Oh, and that big mean motherf***er, Songbird. You know? The spiritual equivalent to a big daddy? Yeah... don't expect to fight him.

10/10 Unforgettable? My ass
    The story is great, no doubt about that.
    The gameplay is where this title truly suffers and you should be aware of that before you buy it.
    And you should buy it too.... or just watch a "lets play" on youtube... either way works to be quite frank.
  94. Apr 1, 2013
    Wow! This is a fantastic game that improves the gameplay aspect of the first (controls especially). Colombia is every bit as interesting as Rapture and begs to explored. More open spaces and vertical gameplay allow new approaches to combat unique for Bioshock. The story and graphics are equal to the first game, so it's a matter of individual preference. The really stand-out is your AIWow! This is a fantastic game that improves the gameplay aspect of the first (controls especially). Colombia is every bit as interesting as Rapture and begs to explored. More open spaces and vertical gameplay allow new approaches to combat unique for Bioshock. The story and graphics are equal to the first game, so it's a matter of individual preference. The really stand-out is your AI buddy Elizabeth. You'll want to help Liz escape and she doesn't whine to the point of annoying or interfere with your play.

The bad which keeps this game from a perfect 10 is AI of average foot soldiers. Sometime, you'll be able to escape rushing enemies by moving into a new room. They will not chase you past certain points and just turn around and walk back. Their lack of smarts is compensated by numbers, so think zombies.

The PS3 version comes with Bioshock 1 (12GB) so its two great games for the price of one, but I would recommend playing on a high-end PC. I can't comment on the Move aspect. It is not quite the RPG experience like Borderlands or Mass Effect 3. Trust me though, you'll enjoy this game!
  95. Apr 1, 2013
    It has the same problems that have hindered past installments of the Bioshock franchise, at some point you're just too powerful. The addition of Elizabeth constantly bailing you out of jams makes planning and restraint irrelevant. You can tear through the enemy set pieces knowing there's no way they can really stop you and if they do you can squash them on a second wind type go round. ThatIt has the same problems that have hindered past installments of the Bioshock franchise, at some point you're just too powerful. The addition of Elizabeth constantly bailing you out of jams makes planning and restraint irrelevant. You can tear through the enemy set pieces knowing there's no way they can really stop you and if they do you can squash them on a second wind type go round. That having been said the ending is just amazing. This will be the high water mark of gaming story-telling for years to come. Ken Levine and the writers at Irrational Games should be applauded (they will) for another stellar script. If the last few levels didn't have the feeling of a tedious grind this would be a perfect game. Buy it, borrow it, do what you have to do but PLAY THIS GAME there is nothing like it, and there won't be anything like it for a long time. Expand
  96. Apr 1, 2013
    Full immersion which pulls you in and drains you of your emotions and excitement, all at the same time. Single player storytelling with NPC's has moved on with this game and that is what makes this game so special to me. It is a FPS though at heart, yet it has never pretended to be otherwise, that is why it has Bioshock in the title to tell you that. Well worth the wait. Thank you soFull immersion which pulls you in and drains you of your emotions and excitement, all at the same time. Single player storytelling with NPC's has moved on with this game and that is what makes this game so special to me. It is a FPS though at heart, yet it has never pretended to be otherwise, that is why it has Bioshock in the title to tell you that. Well worth the wait. Thank you so much for this gaming experience. Expand
  97. Apr 21, 2013
    One of the best games of this generation, and a true sequel to the original BioShock. An original story with amazing quality on nearly every area.....
  98. Apr 2, 2013
    For the life of me, I wanted to give this game a 1 on here just to try and aid to the lowering of the overall score, but my morals don't allow it. I will however give it what it deserves in my opinion... A 6. I fell into the hype and reviews that the game was getting, so I ended up buying it. It is beyond me how the game has such a high score.
    Gameplay: Incredibly generic and repetitive.
    Gameplay: Incredibly generic and repetitive. I was expecting something rather unique and different than usual, but all I got was a dumbed down version of the first bioshock. The game is completely smooth and does what it needs to do (be a shooter), but that got old after the first 2 hours of play.
    AI: Hm.. To make a long story short, it's terrible.
    Visuals: Throw my back to 2010, and I'd have to say it looks pretty amazing. The colors are vibrant, graphics are very nice and it has a warm feeling. We are, however, in 2013. I've seen so many games in the last 2 years that blow me away, and have an incredible amount of substance and options more than this game. The attention to some details (or lack thereof) is quite annoying as well.

All in all I find it hard to play the game for more than 40 minutes at a time... And from what I've heard, the ending is a mind blowing experience. Shame I'll have to actually finish the game to get to it. For being a shooter, it's as basic as it gets. Take the first bioshock (Completely unique and amazing to this day) shred it down to please the masses, and you have Infinite.
    I seem to say a lot of negative about it... Only because 80% of you reviewers along with critics praise it like it's a cure for cancer, tricking me into being all-to-excited for this next installment. I do have a strong desire to go back and play the first Bioshock though. That much I'll thank Infinite for.
  99. Apr 2, 2013
    OK enough of the 10 out of 10 scores as they are not very relevant.
    I will not go into my personal issues with this game as I will be here all day so just PROS and CONS -
    PROS: The game does look very nice, in fact too candy looking nice, like stepping into a 3D world made by WILLY WONKA which would be lovely for a game based on this type of adventure, but this is a shooter and a not
    OK enough of the 10 out of 10 scores as they are not very relevant.

PROS:
    The game does look very nice, in fact too candy looking nice, like stepping into a 3D world made by WILLY WONKA which would be lovely for a game based on this type of adventure, but this is a shooter and a not very realistic one more of a dreamy sweet one!

The vocal talent and sound effects are very good.
    The 3D models are also very well done.
    The textures can be a mixed bag though and spoil some great moments.
    The story starts well but gets confused with itself in the end.
    The Elizabeth character works well but agin to sugary for my taste.

CONS:
    The hype of this game was never going to be realised and it will be in bargain bins within 6 months.
    The shooting is bad, the aiming is rubbish and clunky and the weaponry is not very inventive at all coming from original BIOSHOCK creators.
    This is a treacle covered BIOSHOCK 1 where the creators have reused mechanics under a different setting.
    This is NOT a step forward or a better game than BIOSHOCK 1.
    The main character is not very indearing and movable, try this very early on your on a floating barge try jumping up onto some crates and then jump to teh skyrail above.......You cannot do it! but after a few minutes you can leap what seems to be 20 feet into the air to a skyhook without any problem!
    The mechanics just are not consistant to the world and the map you are in.
    Also what is with all the loading...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz do you wish to leave this area????? consoles got over this years ago with streaming data for new levels etc.
    If you wish to see a really good game in action, plays very well and enjoy the atmosphere then spend your money on TOMB RAIDER or if you must play this type of game hunt out teh original which is far far better.

SUMMARY:
    Like the remake of Charlie and the chocolate factory, this is sugar coated but lacks the brilliance of the original it was based on.
  100. Apr 2, 2013
    I have never written a review for a game before but this game warrants another 10 and I felt compelled to give it. All I can say is wow. The ending to this game is among the best I've ever experienced in gaming. It is on par and even surpasses most big hollywood films. If you were into movies like Inception or Shutter Island, you will love this game! The gameplay is fun and veryI have never written a review for a game before but this game warrants another 10 and I felt compelled to give it. All I can say is wow. The ending to this game is among the best I've ever experienced in gaming. It is on par and even surpasses most big hollywood films. If you were into movies like Inception or Shutter Island, you will love this game! The gameplay is fun and very chaotic, which I happened to enjoy. However this game is more about story than gameplay. The only way I could see anybody not liking this game would be if they prefer spoon fed stories with little thinking required (sadly these types of games make up the majority of the industry). It may very well go down as the defining game for this generation! Do your self a favor and play it! Expand

1. May 27, 2013
    In an infinite universe, anything can happen, but in Infinite's, the specifics are what get you.
  2. Play UK
    Apr 23, 2013
    One of those rare games that speaks to the player on a personal, emotional level with a thought-provoking, mature storyline set in one of the most amazing worlds conceived in a game. Plus, it's a wonderful FPS with deep, tactical combat. Essential. [Issue#230, p.66]
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Apr 22, 2013
    Multiple dimensions and a clever scenario with a surprise around every corner make it difficult for us to explain our enthusiasm without spoiling the story. Only the extended ghost chase (literally) halfway through the game drags on a bit too long. [April 2013, p.74]