Nov 12, 2010This game would have been a decent shooter, but it is crippled by bugs and lag issues that make the game almost entirely unplayable to a good portion of their consumer base. Normally, when there is a debilitating bug present in a game that makes the game unplayable, developers rush to patch it within a few days. Zombie Studios, however, dragged their feet long enough delaying thisThis game would have been a decent shooter, but it is crippled by bugs and lag issues that make the game almost entirely unplayable to a good portion of their consumer base. Normally, when there is a debilitating bug present in a game that makes the game unplayable, developers rush to patch it within a few days. Zombie Studios, however, dragged their feet long enough delaying this essential patch that their player base has nearly completely dried up. What would have been a decent shooter, has turned into an unplayable mess, and a good portion of their customers have been left high and dry. Do not buy this game!
Here is a quick list of known bugs in version 1.0:
1) "Hitching" which is the main bug issue. It is basically the whole game freezing every few seconds for about half a second to a full second, making a shooter virtually unplayable.
2) Team Deathmatch loading screen freezes on a regular basis.
3) Sniper rifles seem to suffer from severe bullet lag. You can scope in, shoot a round, and wait 1/2 to a full second before observing the round hit the wall, where the target use to be. 4) Light Machine Guns are grossly underpowered at low rank. LMGs should always have an accuracy advantage over Sub Machine Guns. You take a hit with mobility, yet there is no payoff for that loss. Accuracy needs to be increased across the board for LMGs. Furthermore, a bit of a decrease in accuracy for SMGs are in order.
5) The host of a room has far too much of an advantage vs. everyone else. I have been host a few times and ran around virtually invincible until the game ended. Having a full second of advantage over everyone in your room, whether it is multiplayer or co-op, is a little too much.
6) Lack of description for what any weapon part or "mod stat" does. It's incredibly stupid that no one knows what items do what in the game without referring to fanboys on the internet. Your basically creating loadouts for your characters without knowing what the items do, or even what the general stats mean (There are just random icons with no description). What's more, when asking the developers on their forum, they all gave different answers. They don't even know!
7) Cooked a grenade and hit the melee button while it was in hand. Grenade became permanently attached to my hand and I could do nothing but wait until someone killed me.
Why I did not give this game a 1 was because under all of the problems that killed the game, there was a decent shooter. If only they didn't push out a highly defective product, their consumers would have been very happy.… Expand
Playstation Official Magazine UKFeb 3, 2011There are some genuinely slick moments to be enjoyed. [Feb 2011, p.104]
Playstation Official Magazine AustraliaJan 25, 2011While the learning curve is a little steep, the combat and weaponry has an extremely different feel and is well worth a look for the bargain price of 20 bucks. [February 2011 p81]
PSM3 Magazine UKJan 13, 2011Blacklight has shortcomings, but style isn't one of them. [Jan 2011, p.96]