Burnout Paradise PlayStation 3

7.7

1. MrX
    Jan 25, 2008
    Stop whining about not being able to restart the race! Just start another one close by. The whole idea is to keep things different and fluid and learn the city. Just because you suck at the game and have to redo a race a thousand times doesnt mean the game is bad. The open city is awesome and really gives a sense of freedom. It also adds to the replay value because you can take a Stop whining about not being able to restart the race! Just start another one close by. The whole idea is to keep things different and fluid and learn the city. Just because you suck at the game and have to redo a race a thousand times doesnt mean the game is bad. The open city is awesome and really gives a sense of freedom. It also adds to the replay value because you can take a different route every time you do a race and find all the shortcuts. I thought Crash in the previous Burnouts was boring and overated, so I don't miss it here either. The graphics, responsiveness and sense of speed are amazing, and a definite improvement on previous versions. Brilliant. Expand
  2. Trevor
    Jan 31, 2008
    There have been very few games that I've played and enjoyed as much as Burnout Paradise. I have long been a fan of the Burnout series, but I can honestly say, this is my favorite. Yes, crash is gone, but it has been replaced with showtime, which is similar but less boring and repetitive (albeit overdone). But the real beauty is the freedom and how the driving itself becomes the There have been very few games that I've played and enjoyed as much as Burnout Paradise. I have long been a fan of the Burnout series, but I can honestly say, this is my favorite. Yes, crash is gone, but it has been replaced with showtime, which is similar but less boring and repetitive (albeit overdone). But the real beauty is the freedom and how the driving itself becomes the interface to the game. This keeps you constantly engaged and always driving. Sure, you may be stuck at the end of a race after failing, having to drive back to the start, but why not pick up another race on the way? And if you wreck your car on the way, no worries. You'll enjoy the incredibly detailed crash sequence that results. Expand
  3. AlvinL.
    Jan 30, 2008
    Awesome arcade game!!!! Don't listen to all the negative reviews..this is what next-gen gaming is all about!!! Buy this game now!!!
  4. ElG.
    Feb 26, 2008
    60 hours played and counting! Superb game! I thought the demo was rubbish, due to all the issues other people have raised in previous, more negative reviews. I gave it another chance and it won me over. Crash has gone ...so what, you still have your old games for that (and there is now Showtime - a bit like Crash). Yes it is sometimes a little frustrating to lack a restart event option, 60 hours played and counting! Superb game! I thought the demo was rubbish, due to all the issues other people have raised in previous, more negative reviews. I gave it another chance and it won me over. Crash has gone ...so what, you still have your old games for that (and there is now Showtime - a bit like Crash). Yes it is sometimes a little frustrating to lack a restart event option, but like others say, simply start a new event. You will learn the world faster, and until the very last few events of the the game, there are plenty of events to choose from (at every junction), all colour coded so you know what event it is. The map is clear and easy to follow, some bits more than others but it is only a map. The learning curve of the game is great and the unlockables seem to feel rewarding. There are 3 different types of boost as in other BO games, Speed, Stunt, and Aggression each gain boost differently. Once you get your Burnout license, the cars start getting really quick. "Zone"-like focus required. Online mode is a gem. Virtually seamless online support, straight online from anywhere, anytime. With online races and co-op challenges, as well as Freeburn which allows players to compete against each other for Longest Jump, Airtime, Most Burnouts, Oncoming etc. Great, great game. If I am honest, its probably more like a 9/10 but where others have whinged and given it a 0, I think a 10 is easily justified. Expand
  5. AidanJ.
    Mar 2, 2008
    Fantastic game, Criterion really pushed the boundaries to make it seamless with no loading. Online is very good, especially when people have headsets and cameras.
  6. MOQ
    Mar 30, 2008
    Its brilliant-awesome-amazing! Ok I really like it. its changed from the original but for the better. The Burnout Boost is just incredible, Showtime is the new crash, onlline is too much fun. Buy it now!
  7. NikoB.
    Apr 26, 2008
    Best racing game ever. takedown was fun for like two days, and paradise is a great turn for the series.
  8. JohnRain
    Dec 18, 2007
    A stunning game and a true show piece for the Playstation 3. I really wasn
  9. MatthewN.
    Feb 21, 2008
    I'm not a racing game fan, and was not familiar with the Burnout franchise, but from the moment I played the demo on my PS3 this game has grabbed me like no other. I am amazed at the fun it has supplied me and how hard it is for me to put the game away.
  10. JeffA.
    Feb 23, 2008
    Photorealistic graphics blended with spot on controls give this sandbox racer a perfect score.
  11. BillG.
    Mar 12, 2008
    Great racing game, things from previous games have been improved upon. New features have been added, some removed and some blended together to create new things. No more crash instead we get showtime for example. Open world lets you explore at your own pace, online integration is great.
  12. DamienR.
    Mar 31, 2008
    This is by far the best racing game I have ever played. It is the complete Burnout experience with all new features... and I hear a lot of people saying "they've done away with the crashes".. well... obviously they werent going fast enough were they? Put the foot down you panzies!! The crashes are in and better than ever! Everything is also open-world as well, so the option to This is by far the best racing game I have ever played. It is the complete Burnout experience with all new features... and I hear a lot of people saying "they've done away with the crashes".. well... obviously they werent going fast enough were they? Put the foot down you panzies!! The crashes are in and better than ever! Everything is also open-world as well, so the option to explore Paradise City from top to bottom is at your fingertips. They've got a new formula going here.. and should continue it with the next generation of Burnout games - cause here we have something that works, and works better than every other racing on the market! Expand
  13. DJATOMICA
    Apr 22, 2008
    I don't know why you stupid idoits are hating about this game. YALL SUCK! but, to tell you this, the cars was a little dissappointing,you can't restart, and the gates,smashes,and billboards are a waste of time and a pain. Burnout revenge or Burnout 3 should be on ps3
  14. BGriffiths
    Apr 25, 2008
    Absolutely hilarious fun. Passed the 80% completion mark and still finding things that absolutely surprise and entertain me. Great fun discovering it all and unlocking the game on your own, and the fun gets exponentially better when you play with friends. Solid as a whole - if you like driving games this is a great one to spend some time on (while you wait for GT5)
  15. ChristopherS.
    Jan 25, 2008
    I am truly shocked at the player response to this game. What we have here is perhaps the finest graphical representation of a city ever seen in a video game. This is an historic moment. We have never seen or played anything quite like this before. How lucky we are as gamers to be alive in this day and age. To give anything less then a 9 is not only horrendously unfair but also a display I am truly shocked at the player response to this game. What we have here is perhaps the finest graphical representation of a city ever seen in a video game. This is an historic moment. We have never seen or played anything quite like this before. How lucky we are as gamers to be alive in this day and age. To give anything less then a 9 is not only horrendously unfair but also a display of total ignorance to where we were and how far we've come. This city is not only beautiful its huge and will take months of exploration to fully learn all that it has to offer. Gone is the easy progression of the past, replaced with challenge and hard work. Finally a game that I would be willing to spend $60 for. This my friends is the promise of electronic gaming...realized! Expand
  16. SamH.
    Jan 28, 2008
    I don't have time for a full review because, frankly, I want to get back to playing the game. The racing is better than ever, the open world design is a much needed refresh to the burnout series, andthe cars are all distinct from one another (in the previous entries it seemed to me as if you would recieve ten of the same car with slight upgrades). Unlike some of the other users, I I don't have time for a full review because, frankly, I want to get back to playing the game. The racing is better than ever, the open world design is a much needed refresh to the burnout series, andthe cars are all distinct from one another (in the previous entries it seemed to me as if you would recieve ten of the same car with slight upgrades). Unlike some of the other users, I love the omission of restart. If you finish a race in a losing position, then you only need to drive a few feet to the next intersection to start a completly different race. This serves to make each race about skill, not about how many turns of the turns and shortcuts you have memorized. Expand
  17. timdaley
    Dec 17, 2007
    This game, in a word, is simply SPECTACULAR. The graphics are supberb and the controls and gameplay are ultra tight. No one does speed like the burnout series and this version follows suit.

The open environment is the logical progression for this franchise and the implementation of seemless online play is fantastic. Bottom line: This game is a must have title and will certainly

Bottom line: This game is a must have title and will certainly give GT a run for its money. For me, burnout rules all hands down. It doesn't get any more fun than this. PERIOD!
  18. Oct 17, 2010
    Great game. Great cars. Great crashes. Burnout paradise is a very good game as it has a very good sense of speed in it and anyone can enjoy it even if they're not into cars. I think that everything in the game feels very rewarding and everything is fun to do.
  19. Apr 22, 2011
    Being the 5th title in the 'Burnout' franchise you would expect ideas to be running thin and a lot of familiar ground. What you wouldn't expect is an open world where you can quite literally own the road. Welcome to Paradise. As soon as the classic 'Paradise City' kicks in you get an understanding of where this game is coming from, Loud songs and even louder vehicles! If you are lookingBeing the 5th title in the 'Burnout' franchise you would expect ideas to be running thin and a lot of familiar ground. What you wouldn't expect is an open world where you can quite literally own the road. Welcome to Paradise. As soon as the classic 'Paradise City' kicks in you get an understanding of where this game is coming from, Loud songs and even louder vehicles! If you are looking for a quiet country drive you are in the wrong town.

So once you have fired up your first motor and won your first race you realize the true scale of Paradise City, with a diverse range of environments and a plethora of stunning vistas, becomes apparent.
    Game types range from Racing to Marked man events. There are also online races and variants on game modes like Cops 'n' Robbers (DLC) I don't want to dissect this game and tell you everything about it. I just want you to understand this is like getting your first car and working your way up to your new sports car. It is a journey one I haven't forgotten and one I still want to go back to. For me this is the definitive racing game on (PS3! or 360 or PC for that matter)
  20. Mar 24, 2011
    This game is simply the best racing game on PS3. Still fresh after 3 years. Open world, LOTS of stuff to do, great graphics, stunning crashes and multiplayer. Pure entertainment.
  21. Nov 13, 2011
    J'ai jamais vu un jeu de voitures aussi travaillé sur les crashs.
    Le monde ouvert regorge de défis en tout genre, les voitures sont nombreuses avec plusieurs types.
    Encore aujourd'hui Criterion fait fort.
    Continuez les gars !!!
  22. Aug 1, 2012
    Still (2012) think the best racing game ever released in this generation.
    Everything in this game is perfect, events, races, the city of the game is more fun to explore in a racing game, a must see!
  23. Dec 10, 2013
    The best racing game ever! The graphics are great, the events are great, the freeburn is great, multiplayer is great, and the cars are great! I can play this game for hours without getting bored,and can easily lose track of time! Buy it now!
  24. Jun 25, 2014
    This is an excellent open world racing game. Graphics still hold up against today's games. This is an arcade type racing game, not a simulator, so if your looking for realistic racing then this is not the game for you. This game is not like past burnout games, there isn't a crash mode. However it is an excellent racing game with lots of races, 75 cars, boards to smash through, jumpThis is an excellent open world racing game. Graphics still hold up against today's games. This is an arcade type racing game, not a simulator, so if your looking for realistic racing then this is not the game for you. This game is not like past burnout games, there isn't a crash mode. However it is an excellent racing game with lots of races, 75 cars, boards to smash through, jump locations to jump, awesome crashes.

Want realistic racing, or expect something like the older Burnout games then don't buy.
    If you want one of the best arcade racing games out there then this is a must buy.
  25. May 20, 2014
    here is a question can there be a better racing game then burnout paradise the answer so far no this is the best racing game ever made unless you like sims i still cant believe this game is six years old and still how well it hold up today its sad we wont see a follow up to this with criterion having like 10 people left thanks ea =(
  26. Aug 12, 2015
    I love this game SO much. I disliked the new update a bit, but that just changed interface and added new modes. My personal favorite mode is Road Rage. GTA without the violence and sexuality.
  27. ChrisL.
    Jan 26, 2008
    An overall great game, progress is fast and as soon as you adapt to the find your own route and not being able to restart (If you have to restart too often, your the sucky one not the game.) The offline mode is very easy and only used for getting new cars to use in the online mode which is far better than any other online mode in whatever game i have ever played. You have the freedom of a An overall great game, progress is fast and as soon as you adapt to the find your own route and not being able to restart (If you have to restart too often, your the sucky one not the game.) The offline mode is very easy and only used for getting new cars to use in the online mode which is far better than any other online mode in whatever game i have ever played. You have the freedom of a MMO but with racing insted of monsters. Its practically the MMO of racing when you go online. The car system is great and the different ways to get cars makes it more interesting, you don't drive from race to race just to race, you do it so you can get a new car on the way, as they drive around in the city and you simply have to take them down and they will be at your Junkyard. Its new, its great and probably a contender for racing game of the year, and its only January :) Expand
  28. LucazP.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Da most awesome game from burnout yet, other den takedown. The graphics r up dere with da best, speeding wif my jensen carbon x12 is simply spectacular. Ppl say lose a race, u cant restart, so wad, either u just win. or go 2 da next traffic lite n start a new event, simple. Online is even better, ive onli played bout 20 hours of burnout, but still as addicted as the 1st day i bougt it. TheDa most awesome game from burnout yet, other den takedown. The graphics r up dere with da best, speeding wif my jensen carbon x12 is simply spectacular. Ppl say lose a race, u cant restart, so wad, either u just win. or go 2 da next traffic lite n start a new event, simple. Online is even better, ive onli played bout 20 hours of burnout, but still as addicted as the 1st day i bougt it. The only reason it gets a 9 is cause i tinkgettin rid of party crash is a slite buumer, cause wen my frens come over, its a slite drag, but ode den dat, its wicked awesome, buy it ppl!!! Expand
  29. MasJ.
    Jan 18, 2008
    No other racing game (except maybe Motorstorm when boosting) gives the sense of just barely in control speed and the OMG wow crashes like Burnout. Super graphics, physics and the cars don't handle like pushing a shopping cart uphill on ice like some other racing titles do. The sandbox style means lots of replay value, its a buy not a rental.
  30. GamingGuru
    Jan 29, 2008
    WOW, these people on here have no idea how to play this game. Showtime is a MILLION times better than crash. It's crash mode anytime, anywhere you want!!!!!!! Don't like open worlds? Are you crazy? It's flat out awesome, and navigation was fairly easy, at least on a HDTV (50 in). Yeah, there is no way to restart a race, but why would you, there is a newer one one block WOW, these people on here have no idea how to play this game. Showtime is a MILLION times better than crash. It's crash mode anytime, anywhere you want!!!!!!! Don't like open worlds? Are you crazy? It's flat out awesome, and navigation was fairly easy, at least on a HDTV (50 in). Yeah, there is no way to restart a race, but why would you, there is a newer one one block away. If you are a "linear" type player for racing games, this is not for you. This is about fun, not beating everything, though you can do that to. If that sounds like you, pick it up, you will love it. Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Scarily deep. It demands you play it: there's so much to find it's incredible. [Jan 2008, p.88]
    Give it a chance and you may find yourself having the most fun you've ever had in a virtual car. [Feb 2008, p.70]
  3. Official Playstation 2 Magazine UK
    A truly superb racer; fast, vast and there's plenty to do under that super-slick surface. [Jan 2008, p.118]