8.4

1. SidM.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Me and my friends play the online part all the time, this game is awesome. You can shoot through walls (realistically of course) and everything. I haven't really been able to find any flaws except the servers suck, it kicks you offline a lot but im not sure if thats not just because I have a German internet connection. Either way it is a must buy game, I'm actually in the Army Me and my friends play the online part all the time, this game is awesome. You can shoot through walls (realistically of course) and everything. I haven't really been able to find any flaws except the servers suck, it kicks you offline a lot but im not sure if thats not just because I have a German internet connection. Either way it is a must buy game, I'm actually in the Army and the weapons like the M16 A-4 and the AK are very realistic. I would recommend to everyone. Expand
  2. kevinm
    Jan 1, 2010
    campaign kicks ass but i can sit for hours and not play a game online your server sucks it never lets me play more then a few minutes and get kicked to the main menu . It pisses me off i spend 60 bucks to just wait and wait to get connected i like the game but it laggs alot online
  3. JonathanC.
    Nov 5, 2007
    OMG Perfect game! Campaign is very intense. Gameplay is tight and responsive. Graphics set a new high to me. Multiplayer is incredible! Lots of gameplay options, PERKS! Overall this is a perfect game! Great amount of detail and options.
  4. AdrienV.
    Jan 10, 2008
    Have not seen a much better shooter. The online is incredible! And normaly i dont give a pickle about multiplayer. Singleplayer is also pretty cool. And we get free online, a good sharp port, and good looking box! Get this if you like realistic shooters, good AI, or British people.
  5. h0m0sapi3n
    Mar 10, 2008
    absolutely.bloody.brilliant. Finest outing in the Call of Duty series with a compelling campaign (a touch short, but I'm revisiting it again and again) and a visceral feel that sets a good benchmark for future games in the series - Infinity Ward need to be the custodians of the franchise.
  6. Darius
    Jul 5, 2009
    Anonymous is just an idiot, I don't care about his opinion, the issues he points out like shoot through walls, there is a perk called deep impact that allows you to shoot through a wall, which is entirely possible, you will always get glitches in a game, but to make out that there is a lot is just over exaggerating. I personally don't believe you can throw a grenade to far, in Anonymous is just an idiot, I don't care about his opinion, the issues he points out like shoot through walls, there is a perk called deep impact that allows you to shoot through a wall, which is entirely possible, you will always get glitches in a game, but to make out that there is a lot is just over exaggerating. I personally don't believe you can throw a grenade to far, in its scale I believe its possible in a realistic sense, the grenades don't home in on people, so this guy is obviously a noob and is to predictable hence why he probably dies a lot from random grenades, No campaign co op, I don't think it would have been as good as a single player experience if it was two players, I'm sure they would have to change a lot of things and it wouldn't give off the same atmosphere. Achievements fine there fun to some people, but that doesn't make the game play bad, however I do agree it would be cool, it would be cool to customize you're character but again not needed, there servers boot you or you're party in to a random game against opponents, slightly decreasing the gap you can mess with your stats. I think the single player was good, it was short but enthralling, at points it does keep the enemys coming, but I never felt in anyway they overdone it. It is a FPS after all. Multi player is addictive and fun and I tell you right now, despite what this guy claims, there still tonnes of people playing it, its one of the most played games on Xbox/PS3/PC. A thing to note is COD4 is made by Infinity ward, where as COD5 is made by Treyarch, COD6 (Now just called Modern Warfare 2) is being made by infinity ward again, this is because it takes them two years to make the game and they release it simultaneously,so that there is a call of duty each year. Also COD1 + COD2 is made by Infinity Ward and COD3 by Treyarch, I believe this is important for the review so people who have only played 5 know that the game is developed by a different team so they don't misjudge the game if they didn't rate it. Expand
  7. KevinC.
    Jul 6, 2009
    Call of duty modern warfare is the best online game on the ps3.it also has a fun story mode.unlocking weapons to make classes with is great and the maps are incredible fun!its the only online ps3 game i played that allows cage matches which are very stealthy and has such a variety of brilliant guns.nothing quite gives you a thrill like getting a ten kill streak online in call of duty Call of duty modern warfare is the best online game on the ps3.it also has a fun story mode.unlocking weapons to make classes with is great and the maps are incredible fun!its the only online ps3 game i played that allows cage matches which are very stealthy and has such a variety of brilliant guns.nothing quite gives you a thrill like getting a ten kill streak online in call of duty 4.call of duty 5 is good but the older call of duty 4 is still best!.....oh yeah by the way street fighters 4 got the same score as call of duty 4 which i think is ridiculous!THANKS FOR READING!!!!! Expand
  8. StephanRdgh
    Nov 10, 2007
    Great game. so realistic and fun. IT AMAZING!
  9. JanN.
    Nov 18, 2007
    I simply cant find anything negative about this game, except that the single player is a bit short, but the quality of the online and singleplayer is MASSIVE... One of the best games I have tried so far on the PS3, even beats my expectations! And that says alot... From stealthing with snipers, blasting away enemies with thermal vison from helicpoters, to boost your way throug some arab I simply cant find anything negative about this game, except that the single player is a bit short, but the quality of the online and singleplayer is MASSIVE... One of the best games I have tried so far on the PS3, even beats my expectations! And that says alot... From stealthing with snipers, blasting away enemies with thermal vison from helicpoters, to boost your way throug some arab shit ass tv station ;D ! lol, this isnt just great it is fun! Expand
  10. ChrisL.
    Nov 26, 2007
    Easily the best game on PS3. amazing story with constant twists and action. great online multiplayer and not a slowdown in sight. simply outstanding. if you don't own it buy it.
  11. MikeH.
    Dec 10, 2007
    WOW. Cod4 really is a masterpiece in gaming. The single player is intense as anything and the replay value will have you keep coming back for more. The single player is about 4-5 hours, and i like short games, and this game reallly was short. Honestly if you dont have online id say rent this game, the only is Outstadningly amazing! Its soo addictive, and its also rather deep with the perk WOW. Cod4 really is a masterpiece in gaming. The single player is intense as anything and the replay value will have you keep coming back for more. The single player is about 4-5 hours, and i like short games, and this game reallly was short. Honestly if you dont have online id say rent this game, the only is Outstadningly amazing! Its soo addictive, and its also rather deep with the perk system. Graphically the games a stunner. I have hd 1080i and am in awe everytime i play!! Expand
  12. RichardG.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Best game ever i played! It was fabulous!
  13. PaulG.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Terrific ps3 game! Nothing bad to say about it!
  14. PabloS.
    Oct 24, 2007
    I loved it more than any other game! So much action and war... amazing visuals!
  15. ramepage87gk
    Dec 5, 2007
    the most amazing game iv ever play i thought RFOM was great but this game is even better to the gameplay to the action to the shotting it overwelms any other game made and not to menchion the ghraphics are amazing this is an intant claasic to add to ps3 geatest hits it just does not get old this is a must have if you dont have it buy it its well worth your sevnty bucks.!!!!!!!!
  16. AndyR.
    Jan 2, 2008
    Awesome game for single player, and even sweeter with your buddies online. This game is a "must" for Fps fans!
  17. SpartanC.
    Feb 14, 2008
    This Game is awesome! The single player is brilliant to play through and the most realisitic and compelling shooter I've played in ages. The Multiplayer is 2nd to none.
  18. TomB.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Seriously the best game to date....until Killzone 2 and MGS4 that is!
  19. Andrew
    Feb 5, 2008
    Probably the best game I've played.... or maybe ever will play (hope not though).
  20. MatthewW.
    Feb 8, 2008
    The best game I've ever played! I heard people say that you die to quick on COD4 and not on Halo 3. Well, I hate to tell you Halo fans, but in real life war, you don't have this protective shield to soak up some of the shots. You really do die with just a few bullets. That's what makes COD4 so GREAT! It's very realistic. It takes more strategy to stay alive instead of The best game I've ever played! I heard people say that you die to quick on COD4 and not on Halo 3. Well, I hate to tell you Halo fans, but in real life war, you don't have this protective shield to soak up some of the shots. You really do die with just a few bullets. That's what makes COD4 so GREAT! It's very realistic. It takes more strategy to stay alive instead of a protective shield. Multiplayer is just outstanding, also I just wish they made mod tools and patches for the console versions instead of just the PC version. I also wish that you had bigger arena's with more player capacities. Other than that, this game has the best graphics of any other FPS EVER!!! It's just plain genius. Expand
  21. LukeR.
    Apr 28, 2008
    Love this game! Great Hollywood style single player with addictive multiplayer that keeps bringing you back night after night week after week month after month.
  22. JamesK.
    Apr 9, 2008
    Awesome online gaming cant stop playing if I ever get bored of that I could actually spend time playing the offline game.
  23. RyanK.
    Jul 7, 2008
    This is a very good game online and offline the offline mode was exciting and if you played it you cannot tell me different. Online mode is very fun it takes a little bit to figure out the maps but once u get into the game you become addicted...anyone who voted less than a 10 can just go and play heroin hero haha.
  24. stuart
    Aug 10, 2008
    Best fps of the generation. Single player missions are well balanced and keep things fresh. The online multiplayer is where cod really earns its kudos though.
  25. BenD.
    Aug 20, 2008
    dis is by far the best game online, i luv it i currently hav completed the game, and i am online mode, it is the best game of the centuary
  26. cesco
    Oct 16, 2009
    COD 4 is one of the best games i have ever played. Anonymous is an idiot. I still play it whenever i get a chance to, and its still as addicting now as it was when i got it 2 years ago. i highly recommend getting this game - you wont be disappointed.. unless you're a n00b like Anonymous.
  27. JonH
    Apr 12, 2009
    This game is great and your an idiot if you like fps and choose not to buy it. It has a storyline that is fun both the first and second time and online play just makes it even better. None of the guns feel overpowered or unrealistic and there are many to choose from. You will love this game from start to finish.
  28. YurMum
    Jun 2, 2009
    This is, so far, one of the best game I have EVER played. This game has everything, humour, action, suspence, and sadness. (at the end) The multiplayer is so fun and I often find myself playing hours at a time. This game has everything I wanted and more. I HIGHLY recomend this game to anyone.
  29. AlexC
    Jul 21, 2009
    I don't know who anonymous is (obviously), but he's way out of line. 3 out of 10 for one of the best FPS games ever made? Wow.... the only thing I agree about is the respawning, but deal with it. It's a small price to pay for an amazing game.
  30. JohnG.
    Nov 12, 2007
    I played both Ps3 and 360. Ps3 is much better. No kids swearing and making racists comments on the mics. Th eone good thing about ps3s cost is it keeps away the trash to an extent. Graphics and lighting are superior on Ps3. 360s controls are a lot looser and rumble affects your aim to such an extent that it makes multiplayer difficult.
  31. AlistairT.
    Nov 14, 2007
    I have both a 360 Elite and PS3 and yes, there are a few differences in texture and lighting quality....but it works both ways. It seems to depend on what level you're on as some look better on 360, some on PS3. As for online, both are taking an age to get a game connection, but I've suffered no dropout at all on the PS3 and there is no lag, and I have an archaic 512k I have both a 360 Elite and PS3 and yes, there are a few differences in texture and lighting quality....but it works both ways. It seems to depend on what level you're on as some look better on 360, some on PS3. As for online, both are taking an age to get a game connection, but I've suffered no dropout at all on the PS3 and there is no lag, and I have an archaic 512k connection! The 360 Live system is currently an absolute mess though. Microsoft's last update has made it unplayable right now. Expand
  32. VilleH.
    Nov 14, 2007
    I haven't tried the multiplayer yet. The single player campaign is the most utterly cool to have ever been featured in a FPS-game. The cinematic elements, the intenseness of missions, the plot, the special breaks from the game itself. The only thing keeping this game away from a full 10 is the shortness of the campaign. Hopefully we'll be seeing mission packs.
  33. GaryS.
    Nov 6, 2007
    Game of the Year 07!
  34. JoseF.
    Nov 9, 2007
    WOW! You have to go out and buy this game!! Intense action all the way with an incredible multiplayer and the best graphics I've seen in a console! If you have a PS3, this is the game to get!
  35. HughH.
    Nov 9, 2007
    Not too many games get a 10 from me, but to quite simply put it, COD4 is a masterpiece. The amount of detail and polish is just ridiculous. Shoot enemies in the legs while running and they topple over, shoot an enemy in the head when wearing a helmet, knocks it off before he goes falling, not tumbling or spinning but simply just fall over. When you get shot, you can almost feel it. When Not too many games get a 10 from me, but to quite simply put it, COD4 is a masterpiece. The amount of detail and polish is just ridiculous. Shoot enemies in the legs while running and they topple over, shoot an enemy in the head when wearing a helmet, knocks it off before he goes falling, not tumbling or spinning but simply just fall over. When you get shot, you can almost feel it. When you reload the 249SaW, you see the latch pop open like it does in real life. When you swing a knife, your whole body twists. I could go on and on about this game being in the military myself, but playing this game shows you exactly what being in the military in a time of war means....no other game has come close to that. Expand
  36. SimonG.
    Nov 9, 2007
    Well well well, what can i say that everyone hasnt said already.. this game is just an aboslute must if you have a ps3.. believe me if you dont buy this game you might as well sell your computer, because this is by far the best game and shooter available today.. from the maps to the gameplay and then to your perks you unlock are just awesome, to name a couple , last stand where you pull Well well well, what can i say that everyone hasnt said already.. this game is just an aboslute must if you have a ps3.. believe me if you dont buy this game you might as well sell your computer, because this is by far the best game and shooter available today.. from the maps to the gameplay and then to your perks you unlock are just awesome, to name a couple , last stand where you pull out your pistol as your dying and then to martydom where you drop a grenade when you die.. the amount of kills you get with these two alone are great so its worth buliding your points up for these alone, and also you have to rank up to open certain game modes which is a nice touch as well.. just do me a favor and stop reading this and go and buy this game NOW.. infinity ward i would just like to say from me and many others thank you so much for the greatest game ever.. 10/10 Expand
  37. ChaseC.
    Dec 20, 2007
    Great game, great graphics, amazing control of things like guns where you unlock them with levels, i love it, they did a good job making it.
  38. RandyS.
    Dec 26, 2007
    This game on PS3 was a 9, until they updated the multiplayer. Now the games a ten. It exactly like war, at least what I hear from some people, I know to have gone to the middle east.
  39. TooSexy
    Dec 28, 2007
    Best FPS I have ever played. Some of the reviews have talked about the server being poor, but they have fixed the problems and it runs great now.
  40. TeddyF.
    Oct 23, 2007
    It is the best ps3 game to date... I think. It has awesome online, and better graphics than the 360 version! IT IS SICK!
  41. AllyR.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Coming from a girl! It is so awesome and feels so real 10/10! COD4 rocks!
  42. ThiagoS.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I enjoyed it so much... it is better than the 360 version! I thought had amazing look and gameplays! It felt so real and felt like it was made exclusively for the PS3s!
  43. StefanJ.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Feel very nice to me. I loved it and felt like I was in the war. PS3 version is also better I heard, on many game sites...in terms of graphics.
  44. TomH.
    Oct 23, 2007
    So many ps3 owners are buying this because their are not many good games out at the moment....making this like resistance, with so many people playing online! I love it! It is the best looking game I have ever played, besides Crysis. PS3 rules! This game is sick! 10/10!
  45. MichaelD.
    Triple AAA PS3 title.
  46. WilliamY.
    Oct 23, 2007
    It is so good. I love games like this! MODERN! Great fun.
  47. JohnL.
    Oct 23, 2007
    It is great! I am loving the graphics and gameplay!
  48. JamieR.
    Jan 21, 2008
    Best FPS experience i have ever had. Grpping and intense single player campain (if a little short) and also amazing online too. The graphics are superb for a shotter - it's so cinematic. If you only buy one shooter for your ps3 then this has to be it.
  49. JordanF
    Dec 17, 2008
    The Best FPS on any platform! Period! This is a thinking mans Halo! The story is terrific, reports of it being unrealistic are unfounded, immersive from the get go! It has so many standout levels it
  50. SimonT.
    Dec 5, 2008
    The good points of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is that it offers a good gaming experience and polished graphics. However, the storyline lacks any depth and length and the online multiplayer server disconnects frequently hindering your online experience (it is enjoyable when it works!). A co-op mode, in which you play with a friend, would be a improvement both online and offline. The good points of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is that it offers a good gaming experience and polished graphics. However, the storyline lacks any depth and length and the online multiplayer server disconnects frequently hindering your online experience (it is enjoyable when it works!). A co-op mode, in which you play with a friend, would be a improvement both online and offline. Overall, it is brilliant, setting the bench-mark for FPS. Room for improvements though! 8 out of 10. Expand
  51. Spyroth
    Jan 27, 2008
    Man this game is too good. ive never played a game so well made. the campaign moded is fun but short, but the online will keep u playing for hours and hours. there is so much fun to be had here- this is a must own.
  52. Carlos
    Jan 29, 2008
    This game is a game of the year contender. The single player is quick paced and intense but on the easy settings can beat in one day. I know I beat it in the first day. The multiplayer is superbly made. The perks system the game uses is fantastic. The perks are the best part and create a class to your specs. Buy it now.
  53. DanishA.
    Feb 10, 2008
    I would simply bow to this game by the gameplay and the awesome and simply great graphics. No one should hate this game because this game is really great and i would never get tired of playing this awesome and great game.
  54. WendellA.
    Feb 15, 2008
    why is the tress and grass not moving, though it was next gen.....nahhh. This game is perfect nonetheless.search and destroy xbox fanboys baby.
  55. TylerF.
    Feb 5, 2008
    Really fantastic game. Takes a couple hours to really get into it and get the hang of the controls and features unique to this game, but once you do, you'll be hooked. I thought I was over FPS games since Halo 2 on my old Xbox until I got a PS3 and this game for it. The single player has been enjoyable so far, as I'm only about 1/3 of the way through. But at that point, Really fantastic game. Takes a couple hours to really get into it and get the hang of the controls and features unique to this game, but once you do, you'll be hooked. I thought I was over FPS games since Halo 2 on my old Xbox until I got a PS3 and this game for it. The single player has been enjoyable so far, as I'm only about 1/3 of the way through. But at that point, that's when you'll get the hang of killing the AI...and you'll step into the realm of multiplayer. I cannot stress how fantastic the multiplayer in this game is. Sure, I died a lot at the beginning as it is very, very fast paced. But once you start to learn the maps and get together strategies that work for this game, you'll realize the full potential. It is purely amazing. The XP points you earn as you get kills and wins and complete challenges REALLY keep you going, as you unlock better weapons and special abilities that give you significant advantages over your online opponents (which in part explains why multiplayer newcomers die so fast). There is a huge online community. This game was done with expertise - it's just right...having built on and vastly improved upon the previous games in the COD series and FPS genre. And of course to top it all off, the graphics are wonderful and the audio is very realistic and positional...especially on my brand new Sony 46" 1080p HDTV and 7.1 surround sound system! Expand
  56. YoucefC.
    Mar 16, 2008
    Speechless. Online and Offline are just outstanding. I find it all around amazing and the best game I ever played and owned. A must have.
  57. JohnS.
    Mar 19, 2008
    This is a game that will blow you away, and is still worth it even without multiplayer, because the well woven story will keep you coming again and again. The multiplayer, simply put, is the best online game I have ever played in my life. At $60 this game is a steal.
  58. RobT.
    Mar 8, 2008
    Call of Duty 4 is a game that i find unbelievable good at all points, the single player story line is immersive and fulfilling in comparison to some games in which you play for the joy of shooting, infinity ward does not stop there but continues with its high quality into multiplayer where there is always someone online and always well tanked matches. This game is in a league of its own. 11/10!
  59. F-TangInc
    Apr 20, 2008
    This is the single greatest shooting game I've ever played, and I've played HALO so I can compare. The campaign is epic and the online is epic-er! Its just so insanely fun. And it has to have some of the best graphics I've ever seen. This game makes me glad I got the PS3 and not the XBox.
  60. PicklebeeN.
    Apr 6, 2008
    Definitely the best FPS I've ever played. the vs. mode is when it really shines for me. nothing is quite like having a gunfight with your best buds at an all night sleepover that's fueled by soda and donuts. A MUST buy for FPS fans. if you're looking for a great CO-OP shooter though, check out Rainbow Six Vegas 2.
  61. r4pt0rDeinonychus
    May 17, 2008
    The Call of Duty series is what got me into shooters in the first place, and this is the best installment yet! I have been in clans for United Offensive and CoD2, and I plan on joining a CoD4 clan soon. Thanks Infinity Ward! You guys pwn! This is most definitely the best shooter ever, it is even better than TF2!
  62. JackH
    Jul 15, 2008
    honestly the best controlling console FPS I've ever played. that aside, this game also manages to have the best FPS story I've every played as well. Graphics are great. music is great. if you don't own this, buy it. I used to think the only shooters worth buying were on PC, this was the first console shooter to feel so second nature - dual analog and everything.
  63. KevinJ.
    Jul 20, 2008
    This game rocks because u feel the action and has a lot of guns.
  64. DavidB.
    Jul 31, 2008
    Top class shooting game. Movement is smooth and the shooting is beautiful the only fps which is better is Battlefield Bad Company.
  65. JonathanL.
    Jul 7, 2008
    One of the best shooters to date. A stellar but short single-player introduces you to this epic title. Multi-player holds variety with numerous maps, a large arsenal of weaponry, rewards for doing well and a great ranking ladder. This is one title which should be a crime to miss.
  66. RhysA.
    Aug 13, 2008
    Never get bored of the multiplayer, i would buy this game just for the online gaming.
  67. ChrisM.
    Aug 18, 2008
    Best first person shooter I have played since the socom series.
  68. JasonC.
    Aug 26, 2008
    Love the game. The only problem is with multiplayer hosts closing the game in the middle of game play.
  69. schlittmehr
    Sep 14, 2008
    This is possibly the best game on PS3 out at the moment, its also very good on other consoles. The story missions are very well done, the controls are easy to handle, and the online multiplayer is amazing. The graphics and choice of weaponary and gadgets adds up to unparalleled realism for an fps. With the amount of fps's out at the moment, it takes something special to sit at the This is possibly the best game on PS3 out at the moment, its also very good on other consoles. The story missions are very well done, the controls are easy to handle, and the online multiplayer is amazing. The graphics and choice of weaponary and gadgets adds up to unparalleled realism for an fps. With the amount of fps's out at the moment, it takes something special to sit at the top of the pile and COD4 is just that. Expand
  70. TheBossman
    Sep 19, 2008
    The best online FPS of all time, and the way you can get in a game in seconds is truly excellent. Kudos to Infinity Ward for making it so accessible.
  71. JackL.
    Sep 29, 2008
    Blows all other fps away by a long long way. bf:bc better?? give me a break. The controls, gun handling , options and sheer satisfaction of each kill available in COD4 are a leap ahead of anything previously released or since. This is the new stardard in gameplay that none have been able to match.
  72. travismacchesney
    Oct 18, 2009
    I thought this was one of the best games ever. it had a thrilling campaign like the snipres and the neuclear bomb one. it has amazing graphics except the gun ship. i think cod 5 is better because of the gore. like you can pop some heads with a certain gun. another thing is the american missions like storming tat beach. overall it was the greatest game in its days and deserves a 10
  73. JoeB
    Jan 24, 2009
    This is easily the best FPs and, quite possibly, the best current generation game conceived to date. The campaign immerses at a level no other FPS ever has, while the online is truly a work of genius. Whilst the online is never revolutionary, in the same way Halo 1 was at least, everything within the game is executed almost perfectly. Although at times it can feel like your a floating gun This is easily the best FPs and, quite possibly, the best current generation game conceived to date. The campaign immerses at a level no other FPS ever has, while the online is truly a work of genius. Whilst the online is never revolutionary, in the same way Halo 1 was at least, everything within the game is executed almost perfectly. Although at times it can feel like your a floating gun or get frustrated at dying 5 times in a row in multiplayer; the fact is that for 99% of all the time you play CoD4, you won't be able to remember a game that impressed you and entertained you quite this much. The only FPS within the next two years i can see beating it is possibly Killzone 2. But even for that monster of a game, it'll be an almost impossible task. Expand
  74. DwayneW
    Oct 7, 2009
    Best FPS to date!!! then MW2 is gonna take it's place. The online is just so addictive with the helpful perks and weapons that you unlock. It gives you so much incentive to keep playin
  75. CodyB
    Apr 18, 2009
    One of THE MOST PERFECT multi-platform video games to ever grace a system!! The first ps3 game I ever beat, omg this game is the shit!!! From the epic opening 2 the heart-stopping climax is the GREATEST FPS EVER!! Damn I'm getting over-exited but this game is that good, not 2 mention the best storyline in a military game AND fps, the most realistic graphics I have EVER seen (next 2 One of THE MOST PERFECT multi-platform video games to ever grace a system!! The first ps3 game I ever beat, omg this game is the shit!!! From the epic opening 2 the heart-stopping climax is the GREATEST FPS EVER!! Damn I'm getting over-exited but this game is that good, not 2 mention the best storyline in a military game AND fps, the most realistic graphics I have EVER seen (next 2 GTA 4), and the beautiful levels. Sure this game could be longer but it's BEYOND satisfying nonetheless. And i there's ANYBODY who doesn't like (or love) game of the year 2007, make sure you play the WHOLE game and see why 94% of videogamers around the world enjoy this bonanza!!! Expand
  76. jonathonconcannon
    Jul 11, 2009
    an incredible game all out i dont have the psn to play the multiplayer to play online but still i hear it is the best multiplayer ever an unbelievable game anyone who thinks this sucks is an idiot if you do not have this game get it you will not be sorry
  77. ChadH
    Aug 3, 2009
    The mold that all other FPS should be based on for today's systems. Accurate, precise combat system that almost translates the featured weaponry to the game perfectly. Fun, and captivating multplayer that draws you in and keeps you striving to be better. Would be nice to see a larger effort made for these types of games to prevent misuse of glitches and to stop cheating though. The mold that all other FPS should be based on for today's systems. Accurate, precise combat system that almost translates the featured weaponry to the game perfectly. Fun, and captivating multplayer that draws you in and keeps you striving to be better. Would be nice to see a larger effort made for these types of games to prevent misuse of glitches and to stop cheating though. Graphics still aren't what I expect from the ps3, but it'll probably come in time as you can see from early ps2 games to late ones like FFXII which has better graphics then alot of ps3 games. Replay Value. Main story? Who knows, but the multiplayer I keep jumping back into every now and then. Expand
  78. J.R.
    Nov 13, 2007
    At the xbox fanboy FACT, The online doesn't lag for me, Controls are lighter and more comfortable, Lack of rumble isnt bad, u spoilt brat And achievements don't help you get a job or girlfriend. It is pretty much EXACTLY the same as the 360 version, immersing the player into a brilliant story and sometimes, bring out emotions. I swear i almost cried while crawling around on the At the xbox fanboy FACT, The online doesn't lag for me, Controls are lighter and more comfortable, Lack of rumble isnt bad, u spoilt brat And achievements don't help you get a job or girlfriend. It is pretty much EXACTLY the same as the 360 version, immersing the player into a brilliant story and sometimes, bring out emotions. I swear i almost cried while crawling around on the floor... looking at the smoke rising around a giant mushroom cloud. Amazing game, should be GotY. Expand
  79. BestReviews
    Nov 14, 2007
    I dont know if I have ever rated a game this high, not even GTA. Just when you thought it was going to be the same thing over and over again with just hiding and shooting enimies, your behind a machine gun in a helicopter taking out slews of enemies. The graphics alone are just incredible. This will hopefully set a new milestone for other developers to follow for FPS games. Mechanics are I dont know if I have ever rated a game this high, not even GTA. Just when you thought it was going to be the same thing over and over again with just hiding and shooting enimies, your behind a machine gun in a helicopter taking out slews of enemies. The graphics alone are just incredible. This will hopefully set a new milestone for other developers to follow for FPS games. Mechanics are on point. Collapse
  80. EricC.
    Nov 15, 2007
    @ Fact 1.) Longer loading times, i dont think so 2.) Plenty of talking online 3.) The textures and lighting are said to be better on the PS3 version. 4.) Dual Shock 3(Rumble) 5.) Are you sure you've played this game on the ps3 yet?
  81. DanielF.
    Nov 15, 2007
    Who ever FACT is needs a slap for giving this game a 0. (must be a xbox freak) Call of duty 4 is one of the best games of the year. Only let down is the short single player mode & lack of co-op mode, which is why i gave this game a 9.
  82. EdgarD.
    Nov 16, 2007
    Mesmerizing. The controls are simply perfect. Intuitive. It gives you the widest range of choices I've ever seen difficulty wise. Are you a seasoned player? Choose an advanced level of difficulty and you'll love it. Are you a newbie to 1st person shooters? Choose the easies setting and you'll love it. They'll take you almost by the hand through the entire game with a Mesmerizing. The controls are simply perfect. Intuitive. It gives you the widest range of choices I've ever seen difficulty wise. Are you a seasoned player? Choose an advanced level of difficulty and you'll love it. Are you a newbie to 1st person shooters? Choose the easies setting and you'll love it. They'll take you almost by the hand through the entire game with a special compass so you always know where you're supposed to go. And you can always follow you NPC teammates as well. This is the best shooter I've ever played. The graphic detail is just ridiculous. You really feel like it's happening in real life. Walking with all your senses alert, crouching a little, with a pack of marines raiding rooms, going out to little alleys, F14's roar over your head, the screen shakes, I've never had goose bumps while playing a game before. While you actually shoot. You're on the border of distraction from the actual game because everything looks just gorgeous. Why the 9? Deep into the game some missions become a little frustrating because you loose over and over again, and have to play the same part over and over again, which is not that bad because playing them is A LOT of fun but sometimes it may become a little annoying, specially since in the level it happened to me, it was because a simple design flaw: In order to sprint you need to maintain L3 pressed while moving and truth to be told, it's just not that practical and a little uncomfortable. By the way, the dude that gave it a 0 is obviously a 360 fanboy. Everything he mention, even pretending for a a second it;s not completely irrelevant, if he really meant it, would take 1 or 2 points away from the score. 0 is the worst game that has ever existed and it is OBVIOUSLY not this one. Expand
  83. AlejandroR.
    Nov 18, 2007
    I think it is safe to say this is the best game on PS3 at this moment. It has a perfect mix of everything you would like from a FPS, and the people from Infiinity Ward truely deliver on this one. Replay value with the online multiplayer will have me spending long nights with this masterpiece. Amazing game. It could have been a little longer on the single player, but I guess you can say I think it is safe to say this is the best game on PS3 at this moment. It has a perfect mix of everything you would like from a FPS, and the people from Infiinity Ward truely deliver on this one. Replay value with the online multiplayer will have me spending long nights with this masterpiece. Amazing game. It could have been a little longer on the single player, but I guess you can say that a great game always has you asking for more. Expand
  84. JoeT.
    Nov 19, 2007
    I had extremely high expectations for CoD4, and, to an extent, those expectations were met. Graphically, the game is phenomenal. It
  85. DarylL.
    Nov 23, 2007
    Well its just awesome really. This is without a doubt the best game out on the PS3 at the moment and it was well worth the wait. The whole CoD series have been great and with the fourth installment going 'modern' i am very relieved they haven't spoilt the game in anyway. The graphics, sound, story and gameplay are great but what impressed me the most personally was the AI. Well its just awesome really. This is without a doubt the best game out on the PS3 at the moment and it was well worth the wait. The whole CoD series have been great and with the fourth installment going 'modern' i am very relieved they haven't spoilt the game in anyway. The graphics, sound, story and gameplay are great but what impressed me the most personally was the AI. The AI is so good and aggresive you'll almost think your playing humans players. The only reason for me why it doesnt score the perfect 10 is because the single player campaign could have been longer. But at least they made up for it with a great and wide variety online mode. Expand
  86. DanC.
    Dec 21, 2007
    Its a perfect war game and never gets dull unless youve played the presige mode more than 10 times.
  87. WilsonR.
    Oct 23, 2007
    It is the best shooting game ever! It is so much fun!
  88. ChrisR.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I am in love! It has such great gameplay! 60 fps with my HD TV! Oh, and it looks better than the one my friend has for 360. Glad they built each game from the ground up for each platform...PS3 rules them all
  89. DiegoF.
    Oct 23, 2007
    This game makes me feel like the PS3 was a great investment! The graphics are sick! Everyone with a PS3 GET THIS!
  90. JustinP.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I love this game yo! It exciting all the time..... and not boring. Thats the reason for a ten out ten. It looks very nice. Best looking console game yet. Halo looks stupid and lame compared to this. SINCE HALO 3 SUCKED! PS3 is awesome.
  91. ThomasD.
    Oct 23, 2007
    great game...thats all I have to say about that...haha
  92. PompusF.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Feels like the first time I'm ever playing a next gen game! It is better than all other game out now....including Halo.
  93. RandalT.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Better than 360 version! Get this now.... so much joy in one single game! Much more fun than Halo, and I think resistance too. It has better graphics than anything I've ever seen. Buy this for PS3!
  94. ErnyF.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I love it. Good gameplay!
    Oct 24, 2007
    It is perfect and the best in the series yet!
  96. MattM.
    Dec 6, 2007
    This game is absolutely incredible. Before this COD 3 was my favorite PS3 game, but now this has taken over. In the reviews that I've read everyone is focusing on the non-multiplayer aspect of the game, which is ridiculous. I have not devoted more than 3 hours to the single player mode of COD 3 and 4 combined. The real fun and the real action is online. COD 4 offers the best online This game is absolutely incredible. Before this COD 3 was my favorite PS3 game, but now this has taken over. In the reviews that I've read everyone is focusing on the non-multiplayer aspect of the game, which is ridiculous. I have not devoted more than 3 hours to the single player mode of COD 3 and 4 combined. The real fun and the real action is online. COD 4 offers the best online FPS experience for the PS3. Expand
  97. JerryM.
    Oct 29, 2007
    The graphics and gameplay is SICK! Must have!
  98. BobP.
    Oct 29, 2007
    Best game bar none! I never had a slow point and multiplayer was the best ever on a system!
  99. MichaelG.
    Oct 16, 2008
    There is something about this game that just makes you keep on playing for hours. When it comes to shooters, this is the best game out there. I first of all say it has the best graphics to date, and the guns are just so damn awesome. There isn't any 2 player co-op or 2 player split screen online, which is the only drawback to this spectacular game. The story mode, although short, is There is something about this game that just makes you keep on playing for hours. When it comes to shooters, this is the best game out there. I first of all say it has the best graphics to date, and the guns are just so damn awesome. There isn't any 2 player co-op or 2 player split screen online, which is the only drawback to this spectacular game. The story mode, although short, is extremely fun. The levels feel like you are watching a movie. I got shivers when I was playing the sniper level and the ship level. One other thing I didn't especially like was the fact that you couldn't choose your gun in the campaign mode. I got a little tired of using the M4 so I just swapped guns with a dead guy. The multiplayer is really where this game shines. The ranking system is so cool that it makes you want to play just to get your guy high in rank. The different modes are great as well. All in all, I would say any player would agree that this game was worth every penny. Expand
  100. WarrenC.
    Jan 21, 2008
    It's the closest game to an action movie I've ever played! Simply epic!

Though the single-player lacks length, the multiplayer should keep you invested in COD4 for the long winter. This is a truly fantastic multiplayer offering that's as deep as any other online game available.
    One of the best military shooters to date, with enough realism to make you feel like you're right on the battlefield. The visuals look amazingly life-like, unmatched by other PlayStation 3 efforts. The gameplay feels familiar, and at the same time refreshing and exciting.
    With proven mechanics, brilliant visuals and sound, a satisfying campaign, and robust multiplayer, COD4 is one of the best FPS packages of the year -- no small feat, considering the competition.