Call of Duty: Black Ops II PlayStation 3

5.3

1. Apr 25, 2016
    Graphic: 8/10
    Sound: 8/10
    + intricate narrative of the story, zombie mode, great multiplayer, league play, - "same again", connection error/drop outs, mission are from a to b... to c,d,e Conclusion: The first BO was a bomb! I mean, I love the cold war scenario, like in Vietnam. Now this game plays in the 80´s and in future 2020, and mehh I don't know.. it´s feels out of place.
    Graphic: 8/10
    Sound: 8/10

- "same again", connection error/drop outs, mission are from a to b... to c,d,e

Conclusion: The first BO was a bomb! I mean, I love the cold war scenario, like in Vietnam. Now this game plays in the 80´s and in future 2020, and mehh I don't know.. it´s feels out of place. The story with a great bad guy is exciting, the campaign missions are ok, but something is missing. Like other COD, the multiplayer is well accomplished and keeps you combined with the league play feature for weeks playing.
  2. Feb 16, 2016
    Black Ops II is my favorite CoD, and as game I think is extremely fun.

Black Ops II is my favorite CoD, and as game I think is extremely fun.

The campaign, even if it doesn't have a story as good as the MW series, it is amazing. The newest addition is that at some points you get to make your own decisions, I find this addition very clever and it results successfully in the experience. Also, this was the first CoD that became really futuristic, and the futuristic aspect works to perfection in the campaign.

The multiplayer is a lot of fun, an improvement from Black Ops 1, it's much shorter and easy to be in a high level, wich I think it's something positive. The 80 level system from MW3 was a bit tiring, but 55 levels and 10 prestiges is the right amount. I had some of the best moments in this multiplayer along MW2. It's not better than MW2, but still a lot of fun to play.

Zombies are in their best moment here, the maps are highly interactive and fun to play. New modes like Grief and Turned may stay in the shadows because of how great the main maps are. Me, a truly zombies fan, think this is the best addition and the maps in these game are my favorites, and previous games were flawless in zombies.

The futuristic element isn't so big that it becomes annoying (like AW or even BO3) it has the perfect balance. Some problems could be that there are weapons a bit unbalanced, campaign's a bit short and the Strike Force missions are boring, but you can skip those so it's not a problem.

I would qualify Black Ops II almost as good as MW2, but an amazing FPS experience in the end.
  3. Dec 21, 2015
    Bueno: Una gran historia con varios finales alternativos y los zombies
    Malo: La duración (10 horas máximo) y multijugador (lleno de tramposos, hackers y niños)
  4. Oct 13, 2015
    over all perfect game quality but just needed a better story and more things needed to be added to the game for DLC and there could be more camos for guns also the DLC you purchase should have had a chance to use on zombies when you pack a punch a gun this is something that disapointed me but I enjoyed the style of the box on the map origins dig site
  5. Sep 19, 2015
    Multiplayer:
    + Lots of weapons to choose from
    + Good weapon balancing + Great scorestreaks + Good hit detection + Great maps + Good ranking system + Great matchmaking + Extremely many good and fun game modes Campaign: + Memorable campaign + Lots of violence (Not recommended for children) - Hard to understand Zombies: + Great storyline + Great maps (But you need to buy
    Multiplayer:
    + Lots of weapons to choose from
    + Good weapon balancing
    + Great scorestreaks
    + Good hit detection
    + Great maps
    + Good ranking system
    + Great matchmaking
    + Extremely many good and fun game modes

Campaign:
    + Memorable campaign
    + Lots of violence (Not recommended for children)

- Hard to understand

Zombies:
    + Great storyline
    + Great maps (But you need to buy them)
    + Great Easter eggs
    + Great weapon balancing
    + Cheap maps + 4 multiplayer maps for every zombies map
    +You get one free map

- Bad free/start map (compered to the other ones)
  6. Sep 3, 2015
    call of duty black ops 2 is a great game made from treyarch. bo2 is one of the best cod made. mulitplayer is hands down more improved than mw3. zombies is amazing. and the campaign is great as well. if you love cod, pick up bo2!
  7. Aug 15, 2015
    I really like this game. I like the fact that you can sort of have a say in how it plays out with the different options presenting themselves in the story. As for the multiplayer I think it is my favourite out of all of them as the maps are so easy to get used to, and the graphics are fairly decent.
  8. Aug 3, 2015
    I love this game, great campaign and great local/multiplayer. zombies is okay too. it's kind of the perfect shooter for me, I like pretty much everything about it
  9. May 13, 2015
    A moderate improvement over the previous two entries. Black Ops II actually tries to innovate the campaign along zombies and multiplayer. The campaign offered multiple endings which I'm not going to spoil, customizable loadouts for the missions, mission challenges, and the all-new strke force missions. I wholeheartedly enjoyed the campaign all the way through. Zombies did feature some newA moderate improvement over the previous two entries. Black Ops II actually tries to innovate the campaign along zombies and multiplayer. The campaign offered multiple endings which I'm not going to spoil, customizable loadouts for the missions, mission challenges, and the all-new strke force missions. I wholeheartedly enjoyed the campaign all the way through. Zombies did feature some new elements but it mostly the same as it's always been but I still had a good time.The Multiplayer while not as frustrating as Black Ops 1's was, it's largely a mixed bag in terms of gameplay elements. Overall Black Ops II mostly keeps the series in motion while still trying new techniques. Final score 82/100 Expand
  10. Mar 2, 2015
    loved the way zombies a good multiplayer incredible story and good gameplay are not liked the way strike force n understand anything but the game and good
  11. Feb 7, 2015
    This is my favorite Call of Duty. I have played them all starting from COD 3. Not sure why it is, but I just really like the maps, weapons, leveling interface, graphics and well, everything. The only thing i dont like is the knifing interface, it is horrid.
  12. Dec 30, 2014
    The story line is jolly good. the Zombies are also quite good but become amazing once the DLCs are added but the multiplayer like all new Cod games is trash. if you like the other COD zombies then this game is a must buy.
  13. Dec 11, 2014
    Second best cod ever, after bo1. treyarc seems to be the studio that has a clue as to what it's doing. Infinity ward...and now sledgehammer are clueless with their spawning systems. Revenge spawns are for garbage players that need the help to get a kill. treyarc let's good players play.
  14. Nov 10, 2014
    This COD has excellent pacing, something MW3 and Ghosts didn't have, which is the main reason I came back to it and Blops 1. On the negative side, this game has some annoying guns that did not receive patching. These are the snipers that seem to have a ten foot hitbox and the annoying shotguns, especially the Remington. How can a sniper beat a SMG up close? Honestly those two gunsThis COD has excellent pacing, something MW3 and Ghosts didn't have, which is the main reason I came back to it and Blops 1. On the negative side, this game has some annoying guns that did not receive patching. These are the snipers that seem to have a ten foot hitbox and the annoying shotguns, especially the Remington. How can a sniper beat a SMG up close? Honestly those two guns paired with dexterity almost breaks the game for me. Don't even get me started on the target finder LMG slobs that camp at the back of the game. The game was great on launch, as it was SMG/AR dominant. Don't know why Vonderhaar nerfed the hell outta the SMG's. The game is still better than Ghosts, which goes to say how horrible that game is. Expand
  15. Nov 1, 2014
    This game is not nearly as bad as the user score makes it out to be. Let me start off by saying this: I grew up playing these games (No, I'm not one of those god-awful pottymouth 8 year olds), so I may be a little biased, but hey, this is my opinion. The game's campaign is the best since CoD 4's, and although the villain's motives can definitely be called into question, you definitely wantThis game is not nearly as bad as the user score makes it out to be. Let me start off by saying this: I grew up playing these games (No, I'm not one of those god-awful pottymouth 8 year olds), so I may be a little biased, but hey, this is my opinion. The game's campaign is the best since CoD 4's, and although the villain's motives can definitely be called into question, you definitely want to see him dead by the end of the game. In addition, Treyarch added in the much-needed addition of player choice into the story. The graphics are a big improvement since the previous installments, with the cutscenes looking particularly nice. The multiplayer is CoD at its finest, so whether or not you like CoD's gameplay will most likely dictate what you think of the multiplayer. I personally really like it, however. Zombies mode, although much more ambitious in scope and narrative, simply feels a little less fun than Black Ops 1 zombies, with the focus being now on easter eggs and completing certain objectives than to simply see how long you can survive. The DLC maps are nice, albeit forgettable. Once again, how much you like CoD as a whole will dictate whether or not you should get the DLCs.

Campaign - 9/10
    Multiplayer - 9.5/10
    Zombies - 6.5/10

Overall - 8/10
  16. Oct 29, 2014
    I really LOVE this game!!!!!! It is in my opinion the best Call of Duty game yet. I really like the multiplayer the best. It is a very fun game o play with your friends. I wished i could rate it higher.
  17. Sep 25, 2014
    I actually love this game!

Compared to the newer COD games being released, I feel this COD, along with MW2 & MW3, are actually good ones. I don't know if this is just my experience with others, making it enjoyable, or even if you played alone it's a great time. Someone else can cover that.

9/10, as the campaign is exactly the same as the others.
    (Would be 10/10 if it was differed).
  18. Jul 9, 2014
    its the best black ops yet but should extend the levels on campaign the guns are brilliant but should upgraid them more often the multiplayer is awsome! i recomend this to anyone who enjoyes playing high quility shooting games.
  19. Jun 23, 2014
    The Call of Duty user reviews on Metacritic are nothing but **** Seriously, go to a REAL review site if you want to know whether or not this game is worth it. Otherwise, I can tell you right now this is the first game in a LONG time that tries to be more innovative. Though a different approach with the single-player campaign, a mutliplayer that actually builds from what Black Ops 1The Call of Duty user reviews on Metacritic are nothing but **** Seriously, go to a REAL review site if you want to know whether or not this game is worth it. Otherwise, I can tell you right now this is the first game in a LONG time that tries to be more innovative. Though a different approach with the single-player campaign, a mutliplayer that actually builds from what Black Ops 1 establishes, and bunch of other goodies, Black Ops II is easily the best game in the series since COD4 (or Modern Warfare 2, if you actually enjoyed it). And this is coming from someone who HATES modern cover-based shooters.

...But seriously, go to Giant Bomb and read their review. When it comes to Call of Duty, Metacritic reviews suck.
  20. Jun 14, 2014
    It's true that Black Ops II has some flaws. The bigger ones are that the zombie maps are **** the game is linear, and falls in the category of six-hour gameplay, and even though it's set only a decade from our current year, soldiers carry sniper rifles that can pierce entire buildings, gloves that stick to surfaces and gigantic warfare robots.
    But it has some redemption. First, there's
    But it has some redemption. First, there's branching storyline. Who the hell doesn't like branching decisions? And to make you curious, there's a twist in the story that'll make you throw your remote out the window. Second, we get to remeet our old pals, Hudson, Mason and Woods. I loved Black Ops, so we get a warm feeling of being back home.
    The game has various flaws, but if you don't think about it, it's simple and plain fun.
  21. May 28, 2014
    Fantastic campaign combined with endless hours of multiplayer enjoyment not to mention zombies give this game a definite 10. My favorite COD campaign, second favorite multiplayer (BO1 first).
  22. May 19, 2014
    this cod has the best story of all the cods since the bad guy this time is a proper bad guy, i really liked the mp this time around only thing disappointing was zombies which is sad cause that was really the reason i got into cod in the first place
  23. May 6, 2014
    Black Ops 2 is definitely one of the great Call of Dutys. It has a fantastic Campaign, the multiplayer is almost perfect except for the lag! Zombies is better than before and the multiplayer is actually fun to play, if you can't choose between Black Ops 2 and Ghosts then i STRONGLY recommend this.
  24. Apr 6, 2014
    Easily my favorite Call of Duty game to date. Yes, even better than Modern Warfare, better than Black Ops 1, better than Ghosts. As hard as I try, I cannot think of anything that was done wrong with this game. Story was great. Music was great. Multiplayer was the most well balanced, fun, and addicting in the series. Zombies was meh, but that's just me. I've never been much into Zombies.Easily my favorite Call of Duty game to date. Yes, even better than Modern Warfare, better than Black Ops 1, better than Ghosts. As hard as I try, I cannot think of anything that was done wrong with this game. Story was great. Music was great. Multiplayer was the most well balanced, fun, and addicting in the series. Zombies was meh, but that's just me. I've never been much into Zombies. Gameplay is solid as usual for the series. Expand
  25. Mar 9, 2014
    Probably on of the best first person shooters out there. This game is ten-times better then Ghost and MW3. Treyarch is the dominating game developer..
  26. Jan 2, 2014
    Overall this is a fine addition to the Call of Duty franchise. The campaign is the best yet, in my opinion, and will last for some time. The multiplayer is flawed and has many errors that need tweaking. The lobbies aren't friendly at all either. Multiplayer again is basically a copy of the past. The only mode that stands out is zombies. A quick match will leave you hungry for another game,Overall this is a fine addition to the Call of Duty franchise. The campaign is the best yet, in my opinion, and will last for some time. The multiplayer is flawed and has many errors that need tweaking. The lobbies aren't friendly at all either. Multiplayer again is basically a copy of the past. The only mode that stands out is zombies. A quick match will leave you hungry for another game, and is always fun to try and survive the onslaught with others. Yes, it I a copy of the past, but still might be worth your time. Expand
  27. Dec 22, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is almost three great games in one. It has a fantastic campaign with multiple endings, improved multiplayer, and an enhanced zombies mode.
  28. Nov 10, 2013
    The low user score is unfair but who can stop the fanboys... Another successful installment of the CoD series with a few welcome tweaks.
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: The Black Ops series started with a great story with the set in the cold war era. This one continues with the same story travelling between that era and the near plausible future. Well thought and well delivered. As for the characters they are well built and you can relate to their story. Menendez steals the show.
    PRESENTATION: As good as ever. In a time when the next gen consoles dominate the conversations BO2 still manages to deliver great quality graphics even with an aging engine. Whatever that means.
    GAMEPLAY: Not many innovations here but why mess in a winning formula right? Exception made to the strike force missions. Did not liked them and feel a bit off in the campaign.
    PROGRESSION: Treyarch tweaked the progression system on the online experience to a new level with the pick 10 system and the weapons prestige. Very good idea if you ask me.
    ONLINE: Picking up with the above mentioned the MP is even better with the referred pick 10 and weapon prestige which delivers a very well balanced and engaging online experience.
    The CoD series still delivers the best FPS game around. No doubt about that.
  29. Nov 7, 2013
    Black Ops 2, is the best COD for singleplayer campaign where you can choose who you are, a bad or a good person causing multiple choices on what you do. Although tiring, it gives you very good rewards in the Campaign, and for me it's good for FPS campaign fans to play Black Ops 2, where almost, a unlimited fun of campaign can be played on. The Challenges will give you good effort for theBlack Ops 2, is the best COD for singleplayer campaign where you can choose who you are, a bad or a good person causing multiple choices on what you do. Although tiring, it gives you very good rewards in the Campaign, and for me it's good for FPS campaign fans to play Black Ops 2, where almost, a unlimited fun of campaign can be played on. The Challenges will give you good effort for the Multiplayer and the future COD games and because it's so annoying, it was worth it for a weapon for a loadout.

The Campaign was praised as the story has a large connection and drama, about a father-son relationship rather then just an ordinary war where people lose people, but where people's blood relatives were lost. Other then MW3, Black Ops II if it's on fake is still worth it then a multiplayer.

But it was shaky, the multiplayer and the zombies didn't change, but although the singleplayer has thought a good story for creative writers on making a story.
  30. Nov 2, 2013
    Let me first say that I had no interest in Black Ops 2 initially. Like many, I thought I was done with the Call of Duty franchise as each year it became more of the same. However, I rented Black Ops 2 and that changed very quickly. The campaign is probably my third favorite (behind Modern Warfare and Black Ops). I did not think it was nearly as great as most say it is. I really don't mindLet me first say that I had no interest in Black Ops 2 initially. Like many, I thought I was done with the Call of Duty franchise as each year it became more of the same. However, I rented Black Ops 2 and that changed very quickly. The campaign is probably my third favorite (behind Modern Warfare and Black Ops). I did not think it was nearly as great as most say it is. I really don't mind since I play through the campaign once before I delve into the real purpose of the CoD games..the multiplayer. The multiplayer is far and away the best since Modern Warfare revolutionized it about five years ago. Since 2007, it is been more of the same with more tweaks here and there, but this game allows for alot of customization. Multiplayer has so many options to fit your play style especially with the Pick 10 style. I can go into a game with no grenades if I want and stock up on perks. Also, the emblem creator is better than ever with more slots and customization. It's a fun way to express yourself even if some user emblems are not exactly PG rated. While there are some technical issues and the game is not perfect, the game is the most fun I've had playing online to date. I've owned it for a few weeks and have already put in over 100 hours and I haven't felt even begun to get bored. Expand

1. Play UK
    Jan 12, 2013
    One of the most complete, albeit shaky, packages the series has ever seen. [Issue#226, p.68]
  2. Jan 3, 2013
    While the campaign length is fairly standard of past iterations of the series, it's worth multiple playthroughs and the multiplayer offers endless hours of fun and enjoyment; whether it's slaying zombies or facing off against other players in a wide range of multiplayer modes with an endless number of loadout combinations.
  3. PSM3 Magazine UK
    Dec 23, 2012
    Worth checking out for online and the sci-fi novelty value alone. [Jan 2013, p.95]