5.0

1. Mar 2, 2015
    loved the way zombies a good multiplayer incredible story and good gameplay are not liked the way strike force n understand anything but the game and good
  2. Feb 7, 2015
    This is my favorite Call of Duty. I have played them all starting from COD 3. Not sure why it is, but I just really like the maps, weapons, leveling interface, graphics and well, everything. The only thing i dont like is the knifing interface, it is horrid.
  3. Dec 30, 2014
    The story line is jolly good. the Zombies are also quite good but become amazing once the DLCs are added but the multiplayer like all new Cod games is trash. if you like the other COD zombies then this game is a must buy.
  4. Dec 11, 2014
    Second best cod ever, after bo1. treyarc seems to be the studio that has a clue as to what it's doing. Infinity ward...and now sledgehammer are clueless with their spawning systems. Revenge spawns are for garbage players that need the help to get a kill. treyarc let's good players play.
  5. Oct 29, 2014
    I really LOVE this game!!!!!! It is in my opinion the best Call of Duty game yet. I really like the multiplayer the best. It is a very fun game o play with your friends. I wished i could rate it higher.
  6. Sep 25, 2014
    I actually love this game!

Compared to the newer COD games being released, I feel this COD, along with MW2 & MW3, are actually good ones. I don't know if this is just my experience with others, making it enjoyable, or even if you played alone it's a great time. Someone else can cover that.

9/10, as the campaign is exactly the same as the others.
    (Would be 10/10 if it was differed).
  7. May 28, 2014
    Fantastic campaign combined with endless hours of multiplayer enjoyment not to mention zombies give this game a definite 10. My favorite COD campaign, second favorite multiplayer (BO1 first).
  8. May 6, 2014
    Black Ops 2 is definitely one of the great Call of Dutys. It has a fantastic Campaign, the multiplayer is almost perfect except for the lag! Zombies is better than before and the multiplayer is actually fun to play, if you can't choose between Black Ops 2 and Ghosts then i STRONGLY recommend this.
  9. Apr 6, 2014
    Easily my favorite Call of Duty game to date. Yes, even better than Modern Warfare, better than Black Ops 1, better than Ghosts. As hard as I try, I cannot think of anything that was done wrong with this game. Story was great. Music was great. Multiplayer was the most well balanced, fun, and addicting in the series. Zombies was meh, but that's just me. I've never been much into Zombies.Easily my favorite Call of Duty game to date. Yes, even better than Modern Warfare, better than Black Ops 1, better than Ghosts. As hard as I try, I cannot think of anything that was done wrong with this game. Story was great. Music was great. Multiplayer was the most well balanced, fun, and addicting in the series. Zombies was meh, but that's just me. I've never been much into Zombies. Gameplay is solid as usual for the series. Expand
  10. Mar 9, 2014
    Probably on of the best first person shooters out there. This game is ten-times better then Ghost and MW3. Treyarch is the dominating game developer..
  11. Dec 22, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is almost three great games in one. It has a fantastic campaign with multiple endings, improved multiplayer, and an enhanced zombies mode.
  12. Nov 10, 2013
    The low user score is unfair but who can stop the fanboys... Another successful installment of the CoD series with a few welcome tweaks.
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: The Black Ops series started with a great story with the set in the cold war era. This one continues with the same story travelling between that era and the near plausible future. Well thought and well delivered. As for the characters they are well built and you can relate to their story. Menendez steals the show.
    PRESENTATION: As good as ever. In a time when the next gen consoles dominate the conversations BO2 still manages to deliver great quality graphics even with an aging engine. Whatever that means.
    GAMEPLAY: Not many innovations here but why mess in a winning formula right? Exception made to the strike force missions. Did not liked them and feel a bit off in the campaign.
    PROGRESSION: Treyarch tweaked the progression system on the online experience to a new level with the pick 10 system and the weapons prestige. Very good idea if you ask me.
    ONLINE: Picking up with the above mentioned the MP is even better with the referred pick 10 and weapon prestige which delivers a very well balanced and engaging online experience.
    The CoD series still delivers the best FPS game around. No doubt about that.
  13. Nov 2, 2013
    Let me first say that I had no interest in Black Ops 2 initially. Like many, I thought I was done with the Call of Duty franchise as each year it became more of the same. However, I rented Black Ops 2 and that changed very quickly. The campaign is probably my third favorite (behind Modern Warfare and Black Ops). I did not think it was nearly as great as most say it is. I really don't mindLet me first say that I had no interest in Black Ops 2 initially. Like many, I thought I was done with the Call of Duty franchise as each year it became more of the same. However, I rented Black Ops 2 and that changed very quickly. The campaign is probably my third favorite (behind Modern Warfare and Black Ops). I did not think it was nearly as great as most say it is. I really don't mind since I play through the campaign once before I delve into the real purpose of the CoD games..the multiplayer. The multiplayer is far and away the best since Modern Warfare revolutionized it about five years ago. Since 2007, it is been more of the same with more tweaks here and there, but this game allows for alot of customization. Multiplayer has so many options to fit your play style especially with the Pick 10 style. I can go into a game with no grenades if I want and stock up on perks. Also, the emblem creator is better than ever with more slots and customization. It's a fun way to express yourself even if some user emblems are not exactly PG rated. While there are some technical issues and the game is not perfect, the game is the most fun I've had playing online to date. I've owned it for a few weeks and have already put in over 100 hours and I haven't felt even begun to get bored. Expand
  14. Oct 29, 2013
    I think people hate of the franchise is because they are a fan boy of another game, they think it's cool to be like everyone else or they just don't like the game for valid reasons, I'm not part of the war between battlefield and call of duty, but I do think this game is great, like I do battlefield. Multiplayer is addicting and enjoyable with a good variation of weapons. Let's see manyI think people hate of the franchise is because they are a fan boy of another game, they think it's cool to be like everyone else or they just don't like the game for valid reasons, I'm not part of the war between battlefield and call of duty, but I do think this game is great, like I do battlefield. Multiplayer is addicting and enjoyable with a good variation of weapons. Let's see many people don't like this review. Expand
  15. Sep 27, 2013
    I was really expecting this game to be okay at best, but i was wrong. Black Ops 2 is what its predesesor should have been, The graphics are improved the multiplayer is fun as hell, the gameplay is at its best and above all its story mode and characters are amazing. Black Ops 2 is my favorite COD and has one of the best villains in gaming history, Raul Menendez.
  16. Aug 17, 2013
    9.1 out of 10 (rounded off to 9).

9.1 out of 10 (rounded off to 9).

This does not beat the original "Black Ops"-game in my book, but it does come pretty close. While it does not greatly improve upon the Call of Duty series, like "Black Ops" did, it does continue what the original did right. The things we loved about "Black Ops" can easily be found here (the customization, zombies, combat training and more), but sadly, so can much of the things we didn't like (the confusing aspects of the story, for example).

For being a very linear series, it comes as a surprise that this Call of Duty-game packs 6 different endings, depending on the decisions you make during the campaign. This, I believe, is a bad move. It puts unwanted pressure on the player that causes us to constantly replay missions to make sure we get the best ending. I constantly found myself looking up the right decision online whenever I had to make one, because I was afraid of making a mistake. This is something you don't want the player to have to do while playing your game.

On the other hand, I believe the 10 point-system in class customization is a huge hit. And that is something I think Treyarch is excellent at doing; the customization.

So other than minor gripes, I think this is a much worthy sequel to "Call of Duty: Black Ops".
  17. Aug 2, 2013
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II 9/10.......................................................................................................................
  18. Jul 19, 2013
    Call of duty gives what everyone expects. Fun, full of adrenaline filled action pack. These days games just fills the gametime by some meaningless or boring and repititive tasks like having to walk 1000 hours in tho another place, before anything happens. In coh black ops 2, these tedious and boring parts are removed and only good parts are left to the game. Also multiplayer is highlyCall of duty gives what everyone expects. Fun, full of adrenaline filled action pack. These days games just fills the gametime by some meaningless or boring and repititive tasks like having to walk 1000 hours in tho another place, before anything happens. In coh black ops 2, these tedious and boring parts are removed and only good parts are left to the game. Also multiplayer is highly competetive and is fun as hell. Good thing compared to bf series is also that, it is not camping festival unlike bf. Expand
  19. Jul 9, 2013
    In Modern Battlefield 4, 3 different exciting(not very) modes await.
    The campaign is full of lovable characters such as Dimitri Reznov and Nikolai Mason(this is confirmed)
    With a Linear story line is full of guns bullets and america what more could you ask for?(alot) The zombies mode breathes new fresh(dead) air into the gameplay. After playing the new Red Run Mode you play as Samuel
    In Modern Battlefield 4, 3 different exciting(not very) modes await.
    The zombies mode breathes new fresh(dead) air into the gameplay. After playing the new Red Run Mode you play as Samuel Stoolhinger Bill Cosby Mitchell Musso and Vanessa Hudgens. After getting onto a train full of zombies you ride to the safety of perk machines and More. In the New Alcatraz of the dead game mode you play as Sally DeSuca, The Sneasel, Finnick Washington, And Billy Clem After ''completing'' daedulus you're trapped on the golden gate and can only kill yourself um....10/10 story.
    The Multiplayer re-defines the word fps. With a Galore of players sitting in corners with Machine guns fixed with a target finder to provide -100% recoil its a very balanced experience. With Snipers that run in your face to kill you with 1 bullet to people with shotguns sleeping in corners every match feels like a new start.
    Overall with A Great Linear Campaign 0/10
    Balanced Multiplayer 0/10
    And a Refined Zombies Mode 0/1000000

I Give it a 10/10 Because I'm Idiot
  20. Jun 7, 2013
    This game is truly addictive. IMO it's best played with friends. CoD Black Ops 2 is such as fast pace game that the smallest Latency or Lag (which occurs in all online MP games) is a bit frustrating since at times it can effect the players precision and skill. However, overall this game is excellent and the less skilled players who are unable to adapt when latency issues occur areThis game is truly addictive. IMO it's best played with friends. CoD Black Ops 2 is such as fast pace game that the smallest Latency or Lag (which occurs in all online MP games) is a bit frustrating since at times it can effect the players precision and skill. However, overall this game is excellent and the less skilled players who are unable to adapt when latency issues occur are usually the ones hating on the game. Expand
  21. Feb 23, 2013
    Let tthe haters hate, cause probably they are all noobs. I love this game, its addictive BUT quickscoping isnt as fun anymore. And host migrations damn it.
  22. Feb 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first got black ops 2, I wasn't sure what to expect, for black ops was in my opinion the most entertaining COD not particulary with the campaign, but with the multiplayer, I thought treyarch did a wonderful job in that aspect. However, after reading these reviews I was expecting a horrible game that wasted all the money spent on it. Ill start off with the multiplayer, and yes like all other call of duty's, it was great and easy to use, especially with the new addition of pick 10. I admit it was frustrating in the beginning as I was unsure of what guns to use and how to create the perfect class, but that soon changed. Too add to that, the addition of league play is super fun as well as the other small things such as providing cooler clan tags which are fun and challenging to unlock. And the future weapons are amazing as they are not sci-fi crazy futuristic, but futuristic enough to believe that they could possibly be created in the near future. All that aside I give the multiplayer an 8/10. Now onto the campaign. It was amazing and that's all there is to it, from the slow motion action scenes in night clubs whilst dubstep/electronin music blares in the background to playing as the bad guy (menendez) running through a town ferociously killing everybody with a machete to protect his sister! Plus who would of thought Alex Mason would of died the way he did!! Again I admit, that the campaign does have its weak points in that the beginning was slow and almost painful to get through, yet I feel it was necccasary to propel the story!! Plus the addition of choice on who you kill or whether you kill or injure a character is fantastic!! It was action packed, with a compelling story that made me sad to finish in the end, yet it was beautiful, thus in the end ill give it a 9/10. Lastly there is zombies, and although I cant say much on this as I have never played it as much, I can say that so far it is interesting and again a fun new take on the game type, but ill get back to it once I play it more! So in the end although it does have its lows, I feel that this game is amazing, and possibly one of the best call of duty's made!! I recommend you buy it and enjoy! Expand
  23. Feb 8, 2013
    Bo2 is pretty good but isn't as good as BO1 I find that some weapons are off balenced but its all good. Its a really fun game you should buy it
  24. Jan 22, 2013
    So,I definitely like this game.The campaign is awesome,multiplayer is really balanced,there's no SUPREME WEAPON(S).I'm not a rally big fan of zombies,but I think that's good too.I give this game a 9 because of the moments when i join games in multiplayer where a team is dominating and the other team is just...3-20...
  25. Jan 22, 2013
    Honestly I thought the idea of making Call of Duty in the future would be stupid, but I still gave it a chance. It was an amazing experience, the campaign was more than great, zombies new take was brilliant, and like always the multi-player section was phenomenal. Making your own ending to the main story line is big in video games now a days and that's what made Black Ops' campaign so fun.Honestly I thought the idea of making Call of Duty in the future would be stupid, but I still gave it a chance. It was an amazing experience, the campaign was more than great, zombies new take was brilliant, and like always the multi-player section was phenomenal. Making your own ending to the main story line is big in video games now a days and that's what made Black Ops' campaign so fun. Tranzit the new zombie mode gets more exciting each time, with new weapons and multiple upgrades on guns it truly us revolutionary to zombies. Finally the multi-player is still amazing with new kill streaks and weapons it almost tops MW2's multi-player. All out it was just and amazing game and I can't wait for the first map pack to come out. I bought the season pass, it was worth it. Expand
  26. Jan 18, 2013
    COD is GOD, this franchise is popular for a reason, the games are fast, well made and most of all FUN. Too many people buy a Call of Duty game expecting it to be more than it is and are ultimately disappointed as these reviews show. Personally I love it when a new one comes out, I don't care for multiplayer because of the morons you typically find in the playlists.. Oh the tedium of itCOD is GOD, this franchise is popular for a reason, the games are fast, well made and most of all FUN. Too many people buy a Call of Duty game expecting it to be more than it is and are ultimately disappointed as these reviews show. Personally I love it when a new one comes out, I don't care for multiplayer because of the morons you typically find in the playlists.. Oh the tedium of it all, but the single player campaign.. That is where it's at for me, yes.. They are often short however some people like myself like to play the entire story from beginning to end for instance when I bought BO2 I first played WAW, BO and then BO2 so the game had continuity and context, the experience was great even better is the element of choice that has been incorporated into the game. The strike force missions in particular are a lot of fun and allow the implementation of strategy, for without... You are boned. Those with less than average intelligence should just stick to multiplayer matches and gold plated guns and not attempt these missions at all, or you could write a half arsed review and post it here with the other haters, I give this game a 10. Expand
  27. Jan 16, 2013
    i love it i am not big call of duty fan i prefer skyrim zombies game etc But i won this game i said try it out this was best game ever i like Multiplayer & zombie maps

i love it if call of duty would turn around do whole call duty zombie i mean not just zombie maps i mean i mean like left 4 dead but better
  28. Jan 11, 2013
    I loved call of duty black ops II. well, in general i like the call of duty franchise. But i will admit the multiplayer was disappointing. very good campaign. i give it a 10
  29. Jan 4, 2013
    The campaign of this game its average.The gameplay was easy even in the highest difficulty possible but the story is well written and scriped it can be a little boring in some levels but overall i give the campaign a 5.5/10. The Multiplayer is the best part of this game.Its fun there are loads of weapons lots of party games etc...I give the multiplayer 8/10.The zombies in my opinion is theThe campaign of this game its average.The gameplay was easy even in the highest difficulty possible but the story is well written and scriped it can be a little boring in some levels but overall i give the campaign a 5.5/10. The Multiplayer is the best part of this game.Its fun there are loads of weapons lots of party games etc...I give the multiplayer 8/10.The zombies in my opinion is the most disapointing thing in this game.It gets boring fast if you are in single-player and the atmosphere is much worse than in BO1,if you play zombies in multiplayer it is fun.I give the zombies a 4.5/10.The Graphics,music and sound effects in this game are pretty good not to blow you away but they are good.My rating for the graphics and sounds a 5/10.If you want to play a good campaign you should buy this game if you find it cheap (25$ or less) if you want a good and fun mutiplayer you definetely buy this game and if you enjoy zombies only if you find this game very cheap (10$ or less). Expand
  30. Jan 4, 2013
    I guess it's cool to hate Black Ops II. Because even though a zillion people bought it and LOVE it, there are still a ton of people who like to troll review sites and forums to talk about how awful it is. All of the troll posts look copy-and-paste jobs from the same silly handbook. "The lag is so bad!" "Too many campers!" "Terrible spawns!" Blah, blah, blah. My guess is that most ofI guess it's cool to hate Black Ops II. Because even though a zillion people bought it and LOVE it, there are still a ton of people who like to troll review sites and forums to talk about how awful it is. All of the troll posts look copy-and-paste jobs from the same silly handbook. "The lag is so bad!" "Too many campers!" "Terrible spawns!" Blah, blah, blah. My guess is that most of the complainers are n00bs who tried to play and went 3-20 then gave up. The rest are professional trolls who don't actually own the game but just love to troll. Whatever. Very good game, glad I bought it. Disregard these knuckleheads. Expand

1. Jan 12, 2013
    One of the most complete, albeit shaky, packages the series has ever seen. [Issue#226, p.68]
  2. Jan 3, 2013
    While the campaign length is fairly standard of past iterations of the series, it's worth multiple playthroughs and the multiplayer offers endless hours of fun and enjoyment; whether it's slaying zombies or facing off against other players in a wide range of multiplayer modes with an endless number of loadout combinations.
  3. Dec 23, 2012
    Worth checking out for online and the sci-fi novelty value alone. [Jan 2013, p.95]