6.2

1. Dec 6, 2010
    Black Ops is cool. It's cool to own it. It's a COD game. It's good. Nuff said. Treyarch did well his time. It has awesome theater mode, better online multiplayer, better everything.
  2. Nov 9, 2010
    Awesome game! I don't understand all the haters? The graphics and voice acting is amazing. I loved the story, yes it's a little different but entertaining and well done. The multi-player credit system is brilliant and the customization options are incredible. I'm not even talking about the Zombie mode which is super. Wonderful game if you're a COD or shooter fan.
  3. ERB
    Feb 1, 2014
    Call Of Duty Black Ops is no doubt one of the best Call Of Duty Games ever made.I should admit the single player campaign has a good story but it lacks time.I mean the single player campaign is so short that it really disappointed me.Well the graphics and environments in this game looks cool and beautiful.The multiplayer once again showed us why Call Of Duty is one of the best multiplayerCall Of Duty Black Ops is no doubt one of the best Call Of Duty Games ever made.I should admit the single player campaign has a good story but it lacks time.I mean the single player campaign is so short that it really disappointed me.Well the graphics and environments in this game looks cool and beautiful.The multiplayer once again showed us why Call Of Duty is one of the best multiplayer games of all time.It is addicting and fun.That is why I recommend you guys to buy this game and play it now. Expand
  4. Nov 16, 2010
    Very good game well worth a play. Enjoyment to be had on some of the new online features. Doesnt quite live upto the hype and is not quite upto the standard of mw2 but still a great game on its own.Also the new theater feature is without a doubt one of the best new features in games in the last 5 years. well done treyarch
  5. Dec 8, 2010
    I have the PS3 version and overall I enjoy Blacks Ops. It's a fun game to pick up and play arcade experience and there's good value for money for all the modes and content compared to other FPS games.

The multiplayer and everything works fine for me and I have little to complain about. My only negative is that there is less depth and strategy in the gameplay compared to games like Killzone 2 or Bad Company 2. but nonetheless Black Ops is great at what it tries to be.
  6. Dec 9, 2010
    Let me start by saying I am going to be as fair and unbiased as possible with this review. I am 22 years of age and I thoroughly enjoy the CoD series and each new game captures at least 3-4 full days of my attention worth of game play.

I am currently at about 3 and a half days (according to their online leaderboard statistics) of online game play and I feel that is more than enough time to submit a fair review. I have read some of the reviews here and I have to disagree with the blatant disregard for innovation and substance that this game has to offer.

What Treyarch seems to do well with their CoD games is to add a compelling multi-player that is much more likely to addict the average player than that of the Infinity Ward titles. What MW2 did completely wrong is the absolute lack of enjoyment when playing against a dominant team; what Black Ops has done well is add multiple functions to make this game fun for a wider audience and much more balanced than previous CoD titles.

Yes, there are some serious connectivity issues, and menu glitches that need to be fixed, but there is a new update daily if not multiple times a day to solve some of these problems. I cannot review the single player because I have only played about a quarter of the missions because I am so addicted to the multiplayer. One thing I suggest for people who enjoy previous CoD titles is to allow some time to get into the game. Do not expect your first 10 games to be instantly enjoyable or for you to be getting 10.0 kill to death ratios like some of the people online. This game has a very very high learning curve in which brand new players will likely fall short if they do not give it a little time to adjust to such a fast paced and small environment.

Another thing that most people should know is that there are hundreds, maybe thousands or even hundreds of thousands of different custom class possibilities... This leaves you so many options that makes it possible for you to find your little niche in the combat zone, don't give up just because you fell short the first 5 games you played. Another thing I'd like to mention is that the best 3 weapons in the game do are not unlocked until level 20, 38, and 44... So if you read a review about someone who has only reached level 19 (coughhhh, the reason I am making this review coughhh) then you are being mislead by someone who is either terrible at FPS games or is just too impatient to give this game a chance.

Overall Black Ops runs well and plays well. The multiplayer is FAR MORE FUN than Modern Warfare 2 due to the fact that there is no game-ending killstreak (Nuke-cough cough) and even when there is a person in the game waving their over-experienced 20 and 0 ratio in your face... grab a rocket launcher and knock down their damn killstreaks... plain and simple

Some buggy things that may eventually be patched... The knifing in this game is (in my opinion) worse than any other CoD I've ever played (I've been playing since CoD 3), and the lag and server connect issues can be bothersome after a while. Often you will hear two or three *plink* sounds (meaning headshot) but the enemy player will either not die or will take at least one more shot (this might be purposeful and class based, but its frustrating). Lastly, if you are an avid player and you typically do very well... find yourself a party of people you trust because random kids always seem to disappoint, and more often than not yell, scream, talk crap, or just plain and simply make the game not fun at all.

My vote... Give it a fair chance and I think an 8 rating is a conservative estimate on this game....

Lastly, if you have an Xbox 360... do yourself a favor and buy it for that console... the PS3 version is a port and is slightly more buggy, and I have no idea about how well the PC version runs.
  7. Jan 3, 2011
    Good, but not for all. the game is like others. the single player is easy to forget and the only reason they got it is for multi-player. offline isnt that great because there is no level system. everything is already unlocked... Next up is online. Its good but could have done better. Pistols,launchers.specials(2ndary) are poorly selected and not often used. For MW2 players you noticedGood, but not for all. the game is like others. the single player is easy to forget and the only reason they got it is for multi-player. offline isnt that great because there is no level system. everything is already unlocked... Next up is online. Its good but could have done better. Pistols,launchers.specials(2ndary) are poorly selected and not often used. For MW2 players you noticed shotguns are missing from this list. well they decided to throw them into primary class. The shotguns are for screwing around and are not that great. there seem to be less weapons and not nearly as many combinations. under barrel add ons disable the ability to add anything else to the assault rifle. only 4 light machines,only 4-5 shotguns(dont remember). add ons are also toned down along with the perks. pro is harder to unlock and often not worth it. the only reall good thing about online is currency. they did a good job with balance and player cards are expensive, but fun to create. Final mode is the zombies. It comes with 2 maps(unlock 1 after sinlge player) and another zombie mode that is good for a little while. the maps are small and cramped making it difficult to move and reach high levels. the new monster nova zombie(what i call it) will explode with nova gas after killed. this combined with tight areas make it even worse. the weapon selection is also decreased, but upgraded. Finally something everyone will love! in zombies they took out the wonderwaffle! so ya they kinda screwed up zombies but it can still be fun for hardcore zombie fans. overall the game should be rented before bought. I like it, but its not for all COD fans. this is a review for the ps3 version. Expand
  8. Jan 13, 2011
    Treyarch has experienced overshadowed success in the past 3 or so years because of the towering accomplishments the Modern Warfare series of Infinity Ward has achieved. With Black Ops entering the fray, I think Call of Duty fans will have mixed reactions to Treyarch's latest installment. If you've been playing CoD ever since Modern Warfare came out, a clearer and more learned stand on howTreyarch has experienced overshadowed success in the past 3 or so years because of the towering accomplishments the Modern Warfare series of Infinity Ward has achieved. With Black Ops entering the fray, I think Call of Duty fans will have mixed reactions to Treyarch's latest installment. If you've been playing CoD ever since Modern Warfare came out, a clearer and more learned stand on how Black Ops fares may be obtained. A lot of players were disappointed at how some aspects of Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops' predecessor, seemed too unrealistic for an FPS game. From Commando to Marathon and even how kills gotten from killstreaks enable you to get a higher killstreak reward, I would say a lot of users were pissed. Thus, Treyarch listened to the fans' cries and they listened real good. If one had experienced Modern Warfare 2's online gameplay, he would be able to tell that Black Ops' is starkly different. I dare say that Black Ops is more balanced when it comes to online multiplayer. The removal of Stopping Power, Commando and Danger Close among other perks is just one of the things Treyarch has done. Therefore, if you're the arcade-FPS type, Black Ops is a superb game if you're sick and tired of MW2. However, CoD's pseudo-lone wolf play style still remains as Bad Company 2 wins the more team-based gameplay.

The online mode is only one aspect of the game and Treyarch definitely didn't want to end there. Black Ops' solo campaign is a more creative and psychological take on military drama than Modern Warfare. It delves into unknown territory as you are taken into the Cold War's secret skirmishes. The campaign offers a lot of promising and fun gameplay as seen in the parts where the player controls various vehicles and guns.
    The Zombies mode is also a decent approach to giving players a break from competing with each other and instead, working together to defend against an outrageously weaved zombie apocalypse story. The zombies mode replaces the superb Spec Ops of Modern Warfare 2 but it isn't in any way any better or worse.

With all the tweaks on online gameplay and extra content, Treyarch has put up a surprisingly well-made Call of Duty sequel that may actually rival the peak performance of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. For CoD fans, and those who have had enough of Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops is a decent bang for your buck.
  9. Jan 21, 2011
    At this point, the worst thing about Black Ops is the worst thing about Call of Duty in general: it is getting stale. The series is almost becoming Tony Hawk. However, thanks to an excellent single player story, fun zombies, balanced and improved multiplayer, and great presentation, Black Ops is a noticeable step up from Modern Warfare 2. Sure, the campaign is still short, and it is stale,At this point, the worst thing about Black Ops is the worst thing about Call of Duty in general: it is getting stale. The series is almost becoming Tony Hawk. However, thanks to an excellent single player story, fun zombies, balanced and improved multiplayer, and great presentation, Black Ops is a noticeable step up from Modern Warfare 2. Sure, the campaign is still short, and it is stale, but Black Ops is at least worth a look. Expand
  10. Jan 12, 2012
    Call of Duty: Black Ops was a terrific game. It is a sequel to the 2008 game World at War and has much of the same character. Black Ops is based during the Cold War, and has many weapons to match the time period. It consists of three game play modes: Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies. Campaign was comprised of a rich, well thought out plot, centering around Alex Mason. It has many goodCall of Duty: Black Ops was a terrific game. It is a sequel to the 2008 game World at War and has much of the same character. Black Ops is based during the Cold War, and has many weapons to match the time period. It consists of three game play modes: Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies. Campaign was comprised of a rich, well thought out plot, centering around Alex Mason. It has many good levels, and the graphics are excellent. The Multiplayer is very different from Call of Duty's previous game, Modern Warfare 2. Instead of leveling up and unlocking guns, you must buy them with the new COD Points. They also have many new weapons and attachments, like the crossbow. Zombies is great and is very enjoyable and it just never gets old. However, there were two downsides. One was that the AI is incredibly stupid. I mean seriously, you can't get much dumber. The other one I had was with a glitch in Combat Training, a new addition to the Call of Duty Multiplayer which allows you to practice the maps with the AI which you can play with a friend. When you start, it puts you (and your friend) on a different team. When I try and switch to the same team as my friend, it switches from the usual six players on a team to eight, meaning that the other team had seven originally. All in all, this game was very good and I would recommend it to anyone that enjoys shooter games or the Call of Duty series. Expand
  11. Jan 6, 2012
    While single-player is fun, the story and gameplay can get very dull and un-exciting. Multiplayer is full of game modes and weapons/equipment, but the game is filled with constant lag and occasional glitches/bugs(PS3 version). BUT, if you are looking for a game to play co op with your friends, there is always the "zombies" game mode which can keep you hooked for days. Overall, the game isWhile single-player is fun, the story and gameplay can get very dull and un-exciting. Multiplayer is full of game modes and weapons/equipment, but the game is filled with constant lag and occasional glitches/bugs(PS3 version). BUT, if you are looking for a game to play co op with your friends, there is always the "zombies" game mode which can keep you hooked for days. Overall, the game is fun, and does have its downsides, but whats worse is that the PS3 version is filled with lag and glitches in multiplayer Expand
  12. Nov 28, 2012
    Great game! I was hesitant when I learned Black Ops was set in the 70s or 80s but I was pleasantly surprised. There is a nice variety of maps, all of which are very nicely designed. The guns are noticeably different in how they handle, and there are some new kill streaks that are fun and can be very rewarding. I would put this game on par with MW2, though they are both very different games.
  13. Mar 25, 2013
    10-Presentation; The story is the best in the series, and the menu's are well laid out as always.
    10-Graphics; Everything looks excellent.
    10-Sound; Everything sounds excellent
    9-Game play; AI is still a little dumb, but everything else is excellent.
    10-Lasting value; There's tons to unlock, and it will take you forever to do so.
    Overall-10/10
  14. Nov 21, 2012
    Treyarch finally tries to change the formula in COD. Of course you can argue COD points failed - but more importantly, COD was different for the first time in a while. There's a definite feel in Black Ops that is different from it's Predecessors. IW just made the same game with MW2 - Black Ops may not be perfect, but it's certainly a very good game, in and of itself.
  15. Mar 21, 2013
    In my opinion, this is the best game in the series. I agree the graphics aren't as good as Modern Warfare, but the story in this game is much more complete and thrilling than any other CoD game out there. The voice acting is great with a top-notch cast of Sam Worthington, Gary Oldman, Ed Harris, and others. Don't let your friends tell you different. This game is worth at least taking aIn my opinion, this is the best game in the series. I agree the graphics aren't as good as Modern Warfare, but the story in this game is much more complete and thrilling than any other CoD game out there. The voice acting is great with a top-notch cast of Sam Worthington, Gary Oldman, Ed Harris, and others. Don't let your friends tell you different. This game is worth at least taking a look at if you haven't already. Expand
  16. May 16, 2013
    the best cod ever no cod will beat it sorry infinity ward
  17. Aug 17, 2013
    9.3 out of 10 (rounded off to 9).

9.3 out of 10 (rounded off to 9).

In my personal opinion, this is the best game in the Call of Duty series. After seeing the huge success of Modern Warfare, Treyarch finally decided to drop World War II and instead move on to the cold war and vietnam. With an intriguing story, an excellent expansion to the "Nazi Zombie"-lore and a huge array of additions to the multiplayer (where my favorites include: "Combat Training", "Theatre Mode", "Emblem" customization and "Wager Matches"), "Call of Duty: Black Ops" carries an improvement to the Call of Duty series not seen since "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare".

Some people may think that the story can be confusing at times (which I can agree on) and that it is yet another re-hash of the Call of Duty series, but I have found myself happily throwing many hours into "Call of Duty: Black Ops", and if you're a fan of first person shooters, I'm sure you will too.
  18. ice
    Jan 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Is it just your normal first person shooter or something special? Call of duty black ops released November 9th by developer Treyarch the developers behind Call of Duty: World at War and Call of Duty 3. Black ops has one of the best story's ever in a Call of Duty game, because after the blunder of the multiplayer based game Modern Warfare 2's almost insulting campaign, I think Call of Duty fans got what they deserved. You play as Alex Mason and you are interrogated so your interrogators can find out the numbers in your head to SAVE THE WORLD! Cliche? Maybe, but it sure is fun. The campaign should last you about 6 hours so it is not the longest game in the world. But the meat of the game comes from the multiplayer. Surprisingly it is a lot more balanced then modern warfare 2's multiplayer. The killstreaks are fun and nice and balanced. One big thing I noticed with the kill streaks is if you have a player on your team having a aircraft in the sky which means you cannot call in your killstreak till that aircraft is out of the sky. Leveling up is easy as well, maybe to easy. Not like battlefield bad company 2 where I just got the game and I am still a level 1 and I have had the game for a week! The new cod points system is a big change to unlocking to unlocking then buying. All killstreaks are unlocked at level 10 and either you love the new system or hate the new system. The only problem I have with the multiplayer is being kicked out of a match or the host left all that stuff that you thought was bad in Modern Warfare 2...is back and worse it is a minor problem but with some people it can be troublesome. The new wager mode is added to this multiplayer and wow it is extremely fun and may be addicting that is how fun this is. Because I played gun game for a straight 3 hours it is that fun, and sometimes and I did not even care how much cod points I had left. 1 in the chamber is one of those games that your having fun when you are winning but when you are losing and you lost all 3 of your lives its not fun after that but if you are a real skilled cod player this may be the mode for you because it is as fun and addicting as the gun game. That is just to name a few modes in the wager mode, moving on we have theater mode where you can grab all the matches that you played watch it on theater mode and then save it so your friends can watch your sexy no scope. Combat training is for new cod fans where you get all the regular modes from the regular multiplayer but against ai team mates and they could be just as deadly as their online counterparts. The guns are a lot more balanced then mw2 even though the ak7u could be over powered and then you have the emblem editor which shows off your personal creativity which I like. That is just to scrape the surface of such a fantastic multiplayer experience. Now onto the extra content you can press both triggers on your controller and you walk to the computer and put a pass code and you are treated to a top down arcade shoot "dead ops arcade" but if you type in "zorks" you can play a fun game with the computer. Now to NAZI ZOMBIES! It is your old favorite characters from waw are back and they do not disappoint. Easily one of the best mini games on a video game to date. You get 2 zombie maps in the game "Kino der Toten/Cinema of the dead" and "five." Five is unlocked after beating the campaign and before you play five after the campaign you see a pretty funny cut scene between some historical figures. That is just to scrape the surface of black ops and it does not disappoint easily one of the best shooters of the year and surpasses the 60$ asking price with all stuff that is included in the game. If you are strictly a modern warfare 2 fan I would not say go out and buy the game since there are many changes to the games multiplayer but if you are a big cod fan yes go out and buy this game if you don't have it already. Yes this game has it's problems but do not let that stop you from buying such a great game Gameplay-9.0 Graphics-8.5 Sound-9.5 Presentation-9.5 Lasting Appeal-9.0 Expand
  19. Nov 17, 2011
    awseome game, they really out did themselves.took cod to a whole new level in my opinion. great job ..everything frome the campaign to the zombies , to the multiplayer. each one is a own unique level of fun.what will yall do next?
  20. Nov 26, 2010
    hello people this my first review so here i go when i played this game the game was hard because your a frist timer playing this game then when you play the game for a long time you get used to and then there the real action the game is amazing and the quality of the game is brillant it like your in the game real life and it is a wonderful fellin so thank you for listing and bye
  21. Dec 15, 2010
    What is really odd is that this game has easily the most split community i have ever seen. Before its release, the majority was saying that this game could make MW2 look like a beta. Closer to release, people started saying that they have had enough of COD and were going avoid this one. Now that its here, people cant decide if they like it or not. You either think MW2 was better (whichWhat is really odd is that this game has easily the most split community i have ever seen. Before its release, the majority was saying that this game could make MW2 look like a beta. Closer to release, people started saying that they have had enough of COD and were going avoid this one. Now that its here, people cant decide if they like it or not. You either think MW2 was better (which that dosnt make sense, because no matter where u looking someone was bashing MW2 for being "too glitched" or "has too many fanboys". or you love this game. It the context of things, this game really will make hardcore fans cringe or jump for joy. What should be said is that this game looks fantastic. Comparison to MW2, this game tried to hold back on the polished visuals for the realistic sense, but still looks amazing. Its useless to go on about gameplay, you either love it or hate it, simple as that. Story in my opinion is better because you focus on one person, not multiple sides. This makes the story flow and you feel more for the characters then jumping back and forth from one person to the next. Mulitplayer is the big selling point, but also is why most people are split. For the first time, a COD game incorporated some RPG element into the game, letting you customize everything but the shape of your body. There is now a money system, where you gain 'money' after a match and completing challenges. These may be to much for the hardcore shooter fans who only want to kill and not worry about how much that new gun is going to cost. I grew up with RPGs, while i dont play them anymore i do appreciate the customization and freedom you have, you really do feel like its your person now. The maps are very well done, though some are more popular then others. One thing i noticed is just how many ideas are taken from another big shooter franchise, Halo. The ability to 'vote' on the map you play next and heavy customization are almost identical to the system Halo: Reach uses. This is not a bad thing, this system is really good, but it feels like some elements were pretty much stolen. The last part to this game is Zombies, made popular to WaW. Only this time you can play online with up to 4 people. This is my favorite part of the pack, very addictive and fun. This game feeling like your are being given three games in one, and you have a 1 out of 3 chance of finding something you like. Is this game perfect for everyone? No, as you can see by the mulitiple 'negative' and 'mixed' reviews, not everyone feels the same about this game. You might want to rent this game first, then if you like it buy it because it will give you hours upon hours of entertainment, then if you dont then no worries, just return it. Expand
  22. Nov 16, 2010
    I enjoyed the single player side to Black Ops waaay more than MW2,I thought there were more memorable moments ,and It has a better storyline,the multiplayer is an improvment as well,not that MW2 had bad multiplayer,but I like the level of customization you can do,and once you have played a wager match its hard to go back to the old types of matches like your free for all,s and teamI enjoyed the single player side to Black Ops waaay more than MW2,I thought there were more memorable moments ,and It has a better storyline,the multiplayer is an improvment as well,not that MW2 had bad multiplayer,but I like the level of customization you can do,and once you have played a wager match its hard to go back to the old types of matches like your free for all,s and team deathmatch.I think every FPS with a multiplayer componet comming out from now on is gonna have some sort of wager match type option because its just that much better than anything you,ve played online before,zombie mode is awsome as usal,I do miss the Co-op missions from MW2 I feel they could of added that to make this a flawless game,but CO-Op split screen multiplayer with a bunch of bots is still a lot of fun,although the bots sumtimes pull of head shots that Neo would laugh off as impossible;) Pick this game up. Expand
  23. Nov 21, 2010
    A GIANT step backwards!! Unfortunately I bought into all the hype for this game. Instead of a step forward from MW2, this next installment from Treyarch is a major disappointment. The multiplayer mode is seriously flawed in gameplay as well as graphics.
  24. Dec 31, 2010
    Although it was so anticipating and expected, it wasn't as perfect as I had wanted. If I think about it, the splitscreen and single player campaign was much better than the online gameplay. Personally, I never liked Call of Duty that much, but when MW2 had came out, I actually took a good interest, but I never showed that much liking to it. Still, Black Ops was amazing, and no major issuesAlthough it was so anticipating and expected, it wasn't as perfect as I had wanted. If I think about it, the splitscreen and single player campaign was much better than the online gameplay. Personally, I never liked Call of Duty that much, but when MW2 had came out, I actually took a good interest, but I never showed that much liking to it. Still, Black Ops was amazing, and no major issues to it, but I'm expecting both Infinity Ward and Treyarch to do better on their next games. Expand
  25. Apr 17, 2011
    I used to be a great fan of the COD series, but however, even though the first few games where great titles, activision now just spits one out year after year as fast as they can to make profits, the overall gameplay hasnt changed much after an almost decade of the series, with insignificant things like zombies and currency thrown in every few titles to try to keep it fresh, Black opsI used to be a great fan of the COD series, but however, even though the first few games where great titles, activision now just spits one out year after year as fast as they can to make profits, the overall gameplay hasnt changed much after an almost decade of the series, with insignificant things like zombies and currency thrown in every few titles to try to keep it fresh, Black ops itself has a short singleplayer with a more or less confusing story, and multiplayer gets boring extremely fast, I am now looking forward to the battlefield series where innovation and gameplay is key Expand
  26. Dec 5, 2010
    Call of Duty: Black Ops is a fun Action packed First Person Shooter that is addicting to play. The single player campaign is as intense as ever as you battle through deadly scenarios set in the cold war. Because this installment is set in the Cold War, Treyarch is no longer limited to WW2 history and the guns they have to design. There is a massive selection of arsenal to use includingCall of Duty: Black Ops is a fun Action packed First Person Shooter that is addicting to play. The single player campaign is as intense as ever as you battle through deadly scenarios set in the cold war. Because this installment is set in the Cold War, Treyarch is no longer limited to WW2 history and the guns they have to design. There is a massive selection of arsenal to use including AK-47's and Ballistic Knife's and the sound design of these guns is probably the best I've heard in the series. The graphics are fantastic to use in both Single player and Multiplayer and some levels in the single player campaign's environments are massive (although you are still restricted to a linear path sadly) and adds to the war intensity of the atmosphere. The character models and faces are so realistic and fluid and the motion capture is so well done. The story is told through flashbacks which can be annoying sometimes because the flashbacks interrupt the game play at times but it is a good way to present the story. I do prefer this campaign to Modern Warfare 2. Multiplayer is where this game is at: It seems to be (to me) more balanced than Modern Warfare 2. There's no stupid game ending killstreaks (Tactical Nuke) or stupid AC-130's raining death from above but the RC-XD killstreak can get on my nerves sometimes. The maps are nicely designed and Black Ops brings new equipment to Multiplayer like the Camera Spike and Nova Gas to the mix to make the multiplayer even more interesting. A nice touch is that now you purchase guns, equipment, Perks and weapon attachments with Black Ops currency system instead of unlocking things as you level up. Currency can be earned by regularly playing Multiplayer and getting kills, completing challenges or leveling up. Gambling is introduced into Black Op's in the form of Wager Matches in which you put forward some of your currency and take part in Wager Matches and try to win more currency and this provides some tense battles where you can either win and buy some more stuff or lose and have to build up your currency bank again. The currency system means you can purchase what you want and play the game how you want to play it which is great. This gives you more freedom of choice: What guns you want, what perks you want etc. Customisation is taken further by letting you apply face paints to your character, customise red dot/ reflex sights (colour, sights etc), add your clan tag to your gun, design symbols for your gun and your gun colour pattern which are awesome so you can let your artistic skills go wild and really make your classes your own and unique. There are a few problems though: Treyarch didn't add any new multiplayer modes which is a shame: Black Ops justs cuts and pastes multiplayer modes from MW and MW2 and adds pretty much nothing of it's own. The Zombie Mode from World at War is also present in this game but has received very few tweaks but it provides some co-op fun with your friends. The spawning needs sorting out: At times I seem to spawn and then shortly get killed again. The Chopper Gunner killstreak is really annoying as well: Really frustrating when you spawn and then get killed by a Chopper gunner and then spawn then suddenly get killed again. Some of the matches I've been in have been really laggy and it's such a pain at times. The single player was at times disappointing and doesn't really offer much more than previous Call of Duty games although it does offer some intense set pieces. Call of Duty: Black Ops slices some frustrations from Modern Warfare 2 but the series is starting to grow tired now.â Expand
  27. Nov 11, 2010
    Why is this game getting low scores? Could it be that it is everything that MW2 isn't? Black ops is an incredibly well balanced multiplayer that puts everybody on a level playing field. You upgade your custom classes by purchasing your equipment with points earned in game, which is really addictive. The killstreaks are not too overpowered and do not count towards other killstreaks; whichWhy is this game getting low scores? Could it be that it is everything that MW2 isn't? Black ops is an incredibly well balanced multiplayer that puts everybody on a level playing field. You upgade your custom classes by purchasing your equipment with points earned in game, which is really addictive. The killstreaks are not too overpowered and do not count towards other killstreaks; which is the main reason that this game is very fair and balanced. The 14 maps are well designed because the do not cater to campers or snipers. Expand
  28. Nov 14, 2010
    The worst of this game is supersedes even the best of MW2 in every aspect. It took what MW2 should've been and made it twice as good. I can honestly say this is the first COD that I've played and have actually had "fun". Pick this up guys, it's amazing.
  29. Nov 13, 2010
    I haven't played a Call of Duty since the first Modern Warfare, and to be honest it feels exactly the same. I was expecting it, and I expect the next couple installments to play and look very similar which is something that happens when they pump out a new game every year. I know there are new features, weapons, and some other things I'm not sure of because I haven't played a lot. It'sI haven't played a Call of Duty since the first Modern Warfare, and to be honest it feels exactly the same. I was expecting it, and I expect the next couple installments to play and look very similar which is something that happens when they pump out a new game every year. I know there are new features, weapons, and some other things I'm not sure of because I haven't played a lot. It's still fun though, you can find some game mode and play the **** out of it. The story for the campaign is solid and challenging which is something I look for in a game. I'm more of a Socom guy because I like the intensity of it, but I still enjoy the more mindless Call of Duty experience. If you got people to play with and time to kill, I'm sure you'll enjoy Black Ops. Expand
  30. Nov 13, 2010
    Get this game. It is a blast! You people expect too much. Go back and replay front line and see how far things have come. If you like the other COD games you will be good to go. Enjoy!

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops still represents one hell of a hefty package. It's bursting with hundreds of hours of entertainment that caters to every conceivable configuration of gamer out there, be they an adversarial gamer, a co-op connoisseur or a staunch offline soloist. [January 2011 p60]
  2. Jan 18, 2011
    By dint of obstinacy, Treyarch delivers probably its best with Black Ops Call of Duty to date - but probably not the best in the saga.
  3. Jan 16, 2011
    There are more highlights in the first two missions of Black Ops, then in Medal of Honor. The requirements of Treyarch seemed to be better, than in the past few years. They made an interesting setting. In addition, there's a nice zombie mode and an overwhelming multiplayer. No doubt, this is Treyarchs best Call of Duty ever!