2.6

1. Nov 13, 2013
    The best COD since MW1 2

Pos: - New Engine - Better balance of killstreaks (remove radar anti-radar) - Soldier mode - Alien Mode - Larger maps It is now again as MW1 2 You need finally recoil! (not as in BO2). - Clanwar mode (!) Neg: - New engine is still slightly buggy - Some maps are bit too big for 6v6 - Slight connection problems MW1 +2 fans finally get their
    The best COD since MW1 2

Pos:

- New Engine
    - Better balance of killstreaks (remove radar anti-radar)
    - Soldier mode
    - Alien Mode
    - Clanwar mode (!)

Neg:

- New engine is still slightly buggy
    - Some maps are bit too big for 6v6
    - Slight connection problems

MW1 +2 fans finally get their successor
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    One of the best games and the best shooter game this generation. Very action packed, great visuals on ultra, especially in 3D, interesting campaign (much better then BF4), the dog is real deal and very fun to watch, many memorable moments and great shooter mechanics. What else to say? Masterpiece. I highly recommend this game to anyone.
  3. Nov 7, 2013
    Amazing game. Nothing i can enjoy more than playing cod on a friday night! This game is a great update to the COD name. I love how it's 1080p on the ps3. The sound is amazing.

I dont see what some people expect from a cod game besides a great shooter experience.. it wont change your life if it already sucks lol. People that hate cod so much dont have much to do. COD Ghosts is not a

COD Ghosts is not a perfect game by no means. But it's an amazing game
  4. Nov 6, 2013
    Thoroughly enjoyed the few hours spent on campaign. The story is building nicely and the usual blockbuster movie style scenes are entertaining as ever!
    Multiplayer has already got me frustratingly hooked! NEED TO UNLOCK A BETTER WEAPON! :)
    Extinction is a genius extra mode too so much fun with your mates! Haven't got to Squads mode yet though. What great value for money! Hundreds of
    Extinction is a genius extra mode too so much fun with your mates!
    Haven't got to Squads mode yet though.
    What great value for money! Hundreds of hours of gaming for £40!
    I would actually rat this game an 8 or 9, but I've given it a 10 to try and balance those ridiculous haters scores of 0 seriously people, there are some games out there that deserve a 0 but COD Ghosts is definitely not one of them!!!
  5. Nov 6, 2013
    This is actually a good game. I don't understand why its getting such bad reviews on here, most likely people who haven't even got the game. The campaign isn't as good as the other games for sure, but it still has the essence of the other COD games. The multiplayer mode is basically the same as the other games, and squads and extinction are a fresh take on the game, and in my opinion,This is actually a good game. I don't understand why its getting such bad reviews on here, most likely people who haven't even got the game. The campaign isn't as good as the other games for sure, but it still has the essence of the other COD games. The multiplayer mode is basically the same as the other games, and squads and extinction are a fresh take on the game, and in my opinion, extinction is better than zombies. Expand
  6. Nov 6, 2013
    All of you Battlefield or people who havn't played this game have no grounds on which to reveiw this title. I love BOTH games and you KIDS need to grow a pair. Cry me a river, cut down a tree, build a bridge and get over it.
  7. Nov 6, 2013
    Me ha gustado mucho el juego en general, los cambios de mapa, los nuevos modo de juego... el modo alien tambien esta muy divertido y para mi no deberia estar tan ''mal visto'' ya que ql juego esta muy bien...
  8. Jan 2, 2014
    They improved everything they made the story greater the multiplayer greater they improved the weapons you actually get to make your own soldier! Don't listen to the bad reviews because they're idiots so if you don't like Call of Duty Ghosts you suck!
  9. Dec 10, 2013
    Call of Duty:Ghosts is awesome more than any other Cod games for the simple reason that it is IMPROVED.
    Lagging is reduced so that is a big advantage for me, sniping is really improved, firing is improved, kill streaks, perks, equipments and attactments are added and the guns are awesome especially the USR, SC-2010, Honey Badger, VRX-160 and the Vector CRB.
    And the last thing is that it
    And the last thing is that it is very hard to level up, in an hour I levelled u only 2/3 levels, meanwhile on Mw3 in an hour straight playing I level up to level 30.
    I dont' see why many people hate it
  10. Dec 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Alright yeah it was a pretty short game but its hard to come up with a new war game that is not the same thing over and over but still have Call of Duty as the series. If it wasn't good then why buy the game. I thought it was cool at the end when youre on the beach and just looking at the missiles and then the second you turn to look to your right you get kicked in the face and then drug off. So as you can tell there is going to be a sequel if dumbass people would stop putting the series down, if you don't like it then stop buying the games. Expand
  11. Apr 10, 2014
    I love Call of Duty: Ghosts. The multiplayer is AWESOME! The campaign ROCKS! Though this is my firs COD, so what would i know. I have never played black ops
  12. May 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. it was a really good game . are they doing a call of duty ghosts 2 because they should. try the game its great . even for girls . if they are doing a ghosts 2 please tell me. Expand
  13. Jun 16, 2014
    the game is awesome the graphics awesome i love the aliens mode like old days zombies!! yee black ops2 black ops1 the aliens is a certainly different thing more fun and more hard. online is too awesome and campaing funny i loved all campaing npc's like riley ! i love this game!
  14. Oct 15, 2014
    This cod game bring a new playstyle to the table and is a big change from the old "look forward and shoot" that comes out of all the other cod games in this one you must watch your area, and with the new patches, knifes are no longer overpowered, the guns that dominated the maps are balanced ghosts is not my favourite cod game but it is the players within the game that make is so angering.This cod game bring a new playstyle to the table and is a big change from the old "look forward and shoot" that comes out of all the other cod games in this one you must watch your area, and with the new patches, knifes are no longer overpowered, the guns that dominated the maps are balanced ghosts is not my favourite cod game but it is the players within the game that make is so angering. they camp with the hybrid thermal scope on LMGs but you still have a chance to kill them, this game tests all you your FPS skills
    i do not recommend this game for noobs
  15. Dec 4, 2014
    I hated this game at first, stopped playing it. Then got back into it for a while to see if it still had any redeemable properties. Then I stopped again, not finding anything. Now that I decided to put this game back into my PS3, I can't stop playing it, although there are still some flaws, sliding past people to score a goal is still the best feature.
  16. Jan 31, 2015
    This is by far the best Call of Duty yet including Advanced Warfare. Ghosts is guilty of one thing - exposing the true skill level of the participants. It's possible for great players to post 4.0 KDR's over a year's worth of play. This is virtually impossible with AW because it's so bad. Ghosts provides true Ghost mode for campers and stealth players - this is something runners andThis is by far the best Call of Duty yet including Advanced Warfare. Ghosts is guilty of one thing - exposing the true skill level of the participants. It's possible for great players to post 4.0 KDR's over a year's worth of play. This is virtually impossible with AW because it's so bad. Ghosts provides true Ghost mode for campers and stealth players - this is something runners and gunners absolutely despised (they hate it with a passion). However, most elite players recognize stealth and cunning as a standard part of the game. May people are abandoning AW and heading back to Ghosts because it's a poorly conceived and implemented game on many levels such as glitches, hackability, poor sound quality, virtually no cover for camping, poor weapon design, terrible spawn points for spawn killing galore, etc. I'll stop there. This is about Ghosts. There are not enough superlatives to say how great this game is for elite players. It's fantastic! If you are great experienced COD player, you will love this game. If you a noob, you will probably hate it. If you are a runner and gunner, you might hate it. If you are a camper, a sniper, or a stealth player - this can be a great game for you! Expand
  17. Nov 1, 2015
    From what I've played I believe this is the best COD game released.Although I haven't progressed the story I find the gameplay really good.My favourite part of it is the multi player because it has awesome gamemodes.Personally I find it better that you can buy weapons using squad points which you earn online.Also from the one time I played Extinction I found it pretty amusing because itFrom what I've played I believe this is the best COD game released.Although I haven't progressed the story I find the gameplay really good.My favourite part of it is the multi player because it has awesome gamemodes.Personally I find it better that you can buy weapons using squad points which you earn online.Also from the one time I played Extinction I found it pretty amusing because it let you kill aliens intead of zombies Expand
  18. Nov 17, 2016
    i like the game. because is fun to shoot band guys there are bad trucks that you can shoot.

it is hard to find the box.

i would give 10 points because it is fun to play.
  19. Nov 25, 2013
    Verdict on Ghosts? Originally I thought the guns killed to fast...I stand by that ....but I am getting used to it and rather like it. The weapons are too steady and easy to use ...check also ....but I guess it makes the competition all the more intense. The Perk system is better than MW3 but worse than BOPS2 The Maps are better than mw3 but worse than mw2 and cod4. Siege would fit intoVerdict on Ghosts? Originally I thought the guns killed to fast...I stand by that ....but I am getting used to it and rather like it. The weapons are too steady and easy to use ...check also ....but I guess it makes the competition all the more intense. The Perk system is better than MW3 but worse than BOPS2 The Maps are better than mw3 but worse than mw2 and cod4. Siege would fit into mw2 perfectly which is a compliment in itself. At least 6 of the maps I actually look forward to playing as it loads which is a huge step on from MW3. The killstreaks are excellent in that they are not OP anymore. Not as many choppers and more and more ground based attacks. The dog is a cute touch but is too powerful. The KEM is something to work towards and not as powerful as the NUKE which is good Love the dynamic aspects to the maps but they aren't as great as they made out. The lack of theatre pisses me off I have had some epic clutches on search I would like to have recorded and posted up on my vault). The dedicated servers are not in place from what I can see so far hope they are in ps4 version). The standard of opponent is a lot higher now and I guess players have to adapt to very quick to it ....that is the danger of putting a million people in a pot together. Squads is a great idea and offers good practice for casual gamers or mates to mess around. Extinction looks cool and from what little I have played of it it could be a great beer game with mates. Game modes are decent I love Blitz and search and rescue ...I do miss Sabo and CTF. Overall the knockers will always knock as it isn't a huge stretch from mw3 ...it is however better than mw3 and still offers that cod style adrenaline with an addictive fluid online multiplayer. Verdict 9/10..The best cod since mw2
    Like Share 16 minutes ago near Taipei
  20. Nov 6, 2013
    The Call of Duty franchise has been amazingly successful because they've discovered and created a formula that works unlike any other 1st person shooter.. Which is precisely why I continue to buy every instalment. I know that I'm getting a polished, fluid shooter with an amazing replay value. Such is the case with 'Ghosts'. Once again Activision has managed to improve upon the campaign,The Call of Duty franchise has been amazingly successful because they've discovered and created a formula that works unlike any other 1st person shooter.. Which is precisely why I continue to buy every instalment. I know that I'm getting a polished, fluid shooter with an amazing replay value. Such is the case with 'Ghosts'. Once again Activision has managed to improve upon the campaign, multiplayer and survival mode to add more to the familiar COD experience. I'm thrilled that it hasn't been completely revamped and hope that the future titles are 'COD familiar". A great game!! If you're remotely a fan, go out and buy it today. Expand
  21. Nov 5, 2013
    This game is way better than any of the commenting trolls are giving it credit for. The problem is that the people who hate the game still buy each and every installment every single year. No kidding you're going to get sick of it. I did the same thing. Then I took a year off from it (Barely played MW3 and skipped BLOPSII altogether), and I think that Ghosts is the best CoD title since MW2.
  22. Nov 6, 2013
    Good solid game to be honest, more of the same from the series...new maps, guns, etc. All new and fun to play with. Multiplayer seems, so far, as good as ever. Which is why we buy the game!?

Dont get what all the hate is about to be honest. The only thing, if being really picky, could the graphics be a bit better?
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    For everyone who didn't like call of duty ghost Stop playing every single call of duty that comes out" Your going to get bored of it. They can't really change it all that much. I have like 20 FPS with death match and team based game play so call of duty ghost for me is a 1 in my collection. Hint here is get more variety in your fps collection, not just call of duty lol. I like the squadsFor everyone who didn't like call of duty ghost Stop playing every single call of duty that comes out" Your going to get bored of it. They can't really change it all that much. I have like 20 FPS with death match and team based game play so call of duty ghost for me is a 1 in my collection. Hint here is get more variety in your fps collection, not just call of duty lol. I like the squads mode it really helped to give call of duty some depth. I also like the big maps now you don't die as soon as you hop into a game. I really like that you can play squads mode with just bots and earn xp, level up and even unlock guns and equipment. I think this was a great way to get people who don't really like online play to get to experience the excitement of online play. I also like the new extinction mode I was getting tired of zombies. One of my favorite and must have (meaning if they didn't have it I wouldn't have even bought it) was local play with 11 bots I really enjoyed this. Because honestly when the online community goes away in like 2 years there will still be replay value just like all my 20 other fps games. And just another note adding squads mode to local play was awesome too. For all of you who don't like the graphics. Don't play games for graphics watch movies instead games are about having fun. The graphics as always surpass games before it and stand up to the games that are coming out now They even made a PS4 version with better graphics so get over it. COD ghost gets a 9 for me would have given it a 10 if you could have the option too level up earn xp and unlock guns and equipment in local play too because we all wont have internet forever. Expand
  24. Nov 6, 2013
    I am having the most fun on a COD game since MW2 came out. No idea why BF fanboys feel the need to go out of their way to bash on another franchise. I will be getting BF4 on ps4 and no doubt will have a great time on that game as well. I did not enjoy either of the black ops titles near as much as MW and now ghosts. Extinction is more fun than zombies imo, although i'm sure some may refuteI am having the most fun on a COD game since MW2 came out. No idea why BF fanboys feel the need to go out of their way to bash on another franchise. I will be getting BF4 on ps4 and no doubt will have a great time on that game as well. I did not enjoy either of the black ops titles near as much as MW and now ghosts. Extinction is more fun than zombies imo, although i'm sure some may refute that. I like being able to choose tank, medic, engineer. Cranked is very stressful and fun as well. I also really enjoy the maps. Sniping is once again fun. I hated how assault rifles and lmg's could hit people from across the map making me feel like sniping was less than ideal. While you CAN hit people from a distance with assault rifles, it is much more difficult than using a sniper/marksmanship rifle. Unless your like me and freak out smashing all the buttons at once until you hear your controller creaking under the pressure, i would say 8/10 times you will take out another player at range using sniper/marksmanship rifle Expand
  25. Dec 16, 2013
    In my opinion, the best CoD ever is MW2, but after 3 years of hearing people complaining about the repetitive factor of the game (reach the highest prestige and it's over), Infinity Ward has tried something completely new.

The games conform a shooter saga, and very little change can be done if you want to keep the essence of the Call of Duty spirit. This game has brought lots of good points and I think the only bad point is that some maps are a little bit strange, and lots of people just sit on a place and camp all the match.

Okay, sometimes the game feels laggy, but just SOMETIMES. I hate this trend about hating every single game that doesn't match all the expectations, It's a game and it should be used to enjoy playing with it, and in my opinion is much better than previous games such as Black Ops 1.

Apart from the multiplayer aspect, I don't have to much to say about the campaign mode... In every single game since MW1, the multiplayer face of the game has gained much more importance than the campaign mode, so it is okay, but developers of the game doesn't really focus on that.

And finally the addition of the Extinction Mode is very accurate; it takes the basics from the Zombie mode from Black Ops, but making it completely different and very addictive. Is obviously not as developed as the Treyarch one, but is very fun to play, and it really has an objective to be completed.

My score is going to be 9 just because some little issues that have to be fixed such as the lag sometimes; apart from that, a very nice game
  26. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is definitely an improvement, Infinityward make the better versions of COD and are able to support the online gameplay better. I've been playing COD since forever (before COD i was playing Medal of Honor) I agree with most reviewers that the Story mode was lacking, but it was still fun. I mean video games that are "war" based don't get much better than COD as far as story goes...This game is definitely an improvement, Infinityward make the better versions of COD and are able to support the online gameplay better. I've been playing COD since forever (before COD i was playing Medal of Honor) I agree with most reviewers that the Story mode was lacking, but it was still fun. I mean video games that are "war" based don't get much better than COD as far as story goes... I hated the multiplayer of black ops 1 and 2, It was near impossible to get into a match, especially if you are on a team. Black Ops always lagged, the sounds of the guns are so fake, it makes that dumb sound like a little toy, It was always a lag when your shooting someone its like they somehow would kill you but they werent even aiming at you, until you watch the Kill Cam then its like they were shooting at you the whole time even when their back was turned to you...

Some people on here complain about the game is the same game since MW2 or whatever, But it worked, MW2 was great, why would they drastically change something when they had the most successful game in history, all they need to do is tweak it and add a little bit to it each year, and they have consistently did that. The game works and as long as they don't drastically change it, then it will always be a successful game.

I like the fact this game does not lag as much as the black ops, it rarely and i mean very rarely lags for me, and i'm on the same internet connection i played BO2 on. The guns are more realistic than Black Ops but not as realistic as they were in MW2. The game modes that they added to online has a game mode for every type of player, if you're one of the people who like to run around the map just gunning down anyone you see as fast as you can then just play Blitz and Cranked, its that simple, if you like sniping then play Search and Destroy, Search and Rescue, etc... It is that simple.... they have different game modes for a reason. I like that you can customize your soldier, I like how they advanced clan wars, I like the app because it works pretty well (in comparison to other video games apps)...I like the addition of the Riley Dog and they got rid of those 25 killstreaks such as the NUKE and MOAB...because all that did was give campers more of an incentive to camp...However i did get a lot of Nukes and Moabs and enjoyed everytime i did

I think there is too many noobs and snobby little kids on here, that have unrealistic expectations, or their mad they aren't good enough in this one because they were so used to the lag in black ops 2 working in their favor... I mean seriously in black ops 2 everyone used the same SMG gun and ran around hipfiring...and forget sniping in that game, it would take 3 bullets to the head with a sniper rifle half the time to take someone down...

I think this game is extremely fun, still has things that even the playing field online... just a little...

It should have a few more maps...Siege is ridiculously big for this game, I have never seen anyone vote for that map... and Sovereign is annoying because it provides so many snuggly corners for campers
  27. Mar 26, 2014
    Although it's long this review is actually a good one that means something, please read because I make points through to the end. So here it is. Really, all you haters, shut up. The graphics have not improved? check the data, the graphic power is higher and mostly dependent on your system and TV. The campaign is finished too fast? The majority of people don't even play the campaign, andAlthough it's long this review is actually a good one that means something, please read because I make points through to the end. So here it is. Really, all you haters, shut up. The graphics have not improved? check the data, the graphic power is higher and mostly dependent on your system and TV. The campaign is finished too fast? The majority of people don't even play the campaign, and those that do, don't really use it as their main game mode. Then there's the multiplayer. Who cares if there's recycled material, if you keep saying that the older games are better, then don't complain about recycled graphics. I'm seeing a bad review as i'm writing this and it's main point of "nothing new was brought to the table" (by hotstuff) is wrong as i will show shortly, and then it just has it's support being "it's bad." Oh yea way to convince me.
    Now let's focus on some actual pros and cons. The slide is more effective than the dive, since you're able to knife, shoot, etc. while performing the action. Some of the maps are interactive, like the gas station roof falling and possibly getting a kill, and even little things like a missile hitting the ground and cracking the street. Or even that platform thingy in the river that goes under if you stand on it too long. It provides more to do in the maps and more ways to counter your enemies and eliminate them unnoticed. Also there's climbing. I've said for years that when you mantle objects you should be able to fight, now you can! Gun game. My favorite party game since the introduction of it. Now they have the random gun rotation feature which is awesome. You never know what to expect and it keeps you on your toes and makes you a more weapon rounded player.
    Still with pros, the weapons are very innovative, as are the styles of perks and scorestreaks and such. Things like the automatic suppressor on the honeybadger really blow me away because it just shows that new gen gaming is moving forward enough to actually reflect more reality-like games. On that note, the health. I have heard complaints from friends that the health is too low. I disagree. In other games it's too high. Like 5 bullets to kill? Really? No. Ghosts health is better. Faster kills forces the player to be on your toes more and ready to react quickly and utilize all your advantages.
    A few cons, the lag repair. First off, people who say the lag is ridiculous, you don't know what you're saying. The issue is that the lag repair was so good that it actually forces people with super high-end connection to lag back around .4 seconds. You aren't actually lagging though cuz your even with the other players with either now better connection, or other high-enders...(is that a word???) that lag back to match you. Also, the one little peev of mine is the weapon sway. When you walk the guns sway excessively. Although the weapons retain their accuracy, it is an eye sore. That's about it for cons.
    Then there's extinction. It's fascinating the way it was put together. They nailed it. The graphics are incredible, the health is perfect, the maps are enjoyable, the guns are strong but not OP'd, the customize your own character is super awesome, and really overall it's a great game. Oh! and they finally got the knifing right after being too easy in black ops and too hard in BO2. I solidly recommend this game if your not a camper cuz i hate campers and they should all just go jump off a cliff. Plus right now the price dropped a lot because of all the stupid haters returning the game and giving it bad reviews so because of their stupidity, you get a great game for reduced price. Enjoy!
  28. Apr 5, 2014
    Pros:
    Best graphics ever seen in a COD game to date.
    Great sound system. No lag when playing online. Smooth, consistent frame rate. Ghosts' beautifully perfect high weapon damage was the cure to the disgusting aftertaste of the disease Black Ops 1 and 2 gave me. Gone are the days of the retarded bullcrap of putting half a clip into someone, only to get several hitmarkers. Treyarch
    Pros:
    Best graphics ever seen in a COD game to date.
    Great sound system.
    No lag when playing online.
    Smooth, consistent frame rate.
    Ghosts' beautifully perfect high weapon damage was the cure to the disgusting aftertaste of the disease Black Ops 1 and 2 gave me. Gone are the days of the retarded bullcrap of putting half a clip into someone, only to get several hitmarkers. Treyarch clearly showed their lack of intelligence by making all of their guns about as useful as a retarded toy airsoft gun that shoots marshmallows. Having useless pistols, 4+ shot kill rifles, shotguns with terrible range and damage, and other unbelievably stupid and idiotic low damage weapons, coupled with the fact that Treyarch loves sticking their noses in where they don't belong by nerfing already useless guns to the most retarded levels of garbage doesn't help when they have the worst lag ever seen either. BO 1 and 2's unplayable garbage multiplayer is the complete opposite of Ghosts' perfect multiplayer: Fast-paced, buttery smooth lightning fast action, with no lag, and weapons that drop soldiers dead before you can blink, make the ultimate multiplayer combat experience. No more annoying hitmarkers while dumping half a clip into someone only to watch them duck behind cover and survive, no more guns that can't even penetrate thin materials like wood. Ghosts will show players that war is hell, and all the whining scrub kids should go back to FailOps series if they can't handle high weapon damage. With this release, Infinity Ward establishes themselves as the clearly dominant studio with more intelligence, creativity, and logic. Treyarch had its day with World At War, but creating Black Ops was the road to their downfall. From now on, stick with IW games, they are clearly superior to the mediocre trash Treyarch comes up with. Overall expertly crafted multiplayer leaves Treyarch's garbage in it's shadow. Don't waste your time on Treyarch anymore. Nothing they make will ever even come close to Ghosts. Despite having some issues with map size and unbalanced, weak kill streaks, Ghosts' multiplayer is by far the best COD has to offer, and it renders Treyarch's pathetic, lousy efforts into obsolete garbage.
    Extinction exposes Zombies as the retarded garbage it truly is cause Treyarch had a retarded storyline that was probably thought up by some 5 year old with Down's Syndrome.
    Offline play is available in Squads.

Cons:
    Campaign is generic and forgettable.
    Longer loading times, especially for multiplayer.
    Technical issues with some kill streaks' damage and effectiveness.
    Revised multiplayer in game scoreboard and muting options are confusing.
    Recycled sounds and dying animations.
    No 4 player split screen.
    Squads is rather bland.
    Despite all its issues, Ghosts is THE definitive COD. Where Treyarch has completely failed and produced the worst abominations in COD, IW easily showcases a display of creative, intelligent game-making talent. All the people who are saying Ghosts sucks and BO 2 is better are retarded. Even a blind bat could tell that BO 2's graphics are unacceptable garbage compared to Ghosts. Treyarch's days are over, and IW is here to stay as the dominant COD dev studio. I will be staying far away from Treyarch's mindless, retarded, unplayable garbage in the future, and I look forward to Ghosts 2.
  29. Oct 22, 2014
    I couldn't believe that 722 people gave this game a bad review. Probably only because it's different. Which is strange because most people claim it's just a copy of past Call of Duty games. (If it is a copy cat, you can't really say you loved MW2 and hate ghosts) Yes, it is different. They were listening to fans so they changed their game. there are better graphics, bigger maps, a higherI couldn't believe that 722 people gave this game a bad review. Probably only because it's different. Which is strange because most people claim it's just a copy of past Call of Duty games. (If it is a copy cat, you can't really say you loved MW2 and hate ghosts) Yes, it is different. They were listening to fans so they changed their game. there are better graphics, bigger maps, a higher resolution on next-gen and new game modes. People were begging for bigger maps. Now everyone realizes that that wasn't what they wanted. The maps are too big, that's one of the worst things. I really wish they wouldn't have made them that much bigger, but that is nothing that deserves 722 negative reviews. My friends agree that ghosts is a great game, and that Call of Duty is still moving forward. I'm willing to bet that at least 500 of the bad reviews on here will buy advanced warfare. If you're a Call of Duty fan, I highly recommend this game. But if you're just a MW2 fan then you should get off the internet. Almost every review I read called ghosts out on being the same as every other CoD. One user, "Gamingrules37" rated this game a 4/10 saying it was "the same game since MW3" First of all this isn't true and second, there was only one game between MW3 and Ghosts and God knows it's nothing like black ops 2. these negative reviews are ridiculous. Review ghosts, not the past CoDs, and stop saying it's a copy of the same game. That is why you buy CoD every year. It IS the same game, but it always has new maps and new weapons and new ways to die. You have to adjust, and if you can't then maybe you should stop playing CoD. Expand
  30. Dec 29, 2015
    why its getting all negative.its a very good game.good gameplay,graphics,voice actors,guns and everything you need from a fps so i am giving 9 out of 10 because it completes on the same day you bought it (fact). but why spend 60 $ instead get it for 10 $ its worth for less than 20 $.So A good game for a bargain or dirt cheap price tag.
  31. Nov 6, 2013
    Same game for 5 years. Sure. But this can keep mine, and millions of others, attention for 150+ Hours. I only get to play a few hours a day, maybe 3-4 days a week. That's around 5 months of just playing this game. In my opinion is that a game doing its job properly? Yes.

With that said the graphics are toned down a bit. The create a player is pretty cool. The logos aren't that great. The multiplayer maps are good. But with the exception of graphics, that's all subjective.

I just don't get how someone can play this game for 200 hours, complain about how much it sucks, then buy the next installment. As I see so many do every year.

Lasting appeal- 5/5
    Subjective opinions (graphics, maps, guns, game play)- 3/5
  32. Nov 11, 2013
    You only have to look at my reviews for Call of Duty games to know I'm not a huge fan of them (besides 4...that was awesome) but Ghosts knew what it wanted to be, it knew how best to do it and it delivered the best Call of Duty since 4 much to my surprise.
    You play as Logan Walker, brother to 'Hesh' Walker and son to Elias Walker, the year is 2033 and after the destruction of the Middle East by nuclear war South America is the most oil rich country in the world. With this new-found power South America forms 'The Federation', a military power that begins to invade other countries in an attempt to run the world. With the U.S still holding on by a thread the Walkers brothers join a special tactics force known as the 'Ghosts' headed by their father Elias.
    Their job is to find an ex-Ghost named Rorke and stop him from utilising orbital weapons against the U.S in hope that it will help end the war.
    Ghosts continues the trend of CoD games by funnelling you through some visually impressive (yet not stunning) environments on a adrenaline roller-coaster ride of set pieces and tight gunplay. Ghosts can proudly say it has some of the best levels and set pieces in the franchise with a particularly stand-out final level that had my heart racing till the last second.
    The multiplayer uses a similar system to Black Ops 2, however it has been vastly tweaked and refined to provide the best and most balanced Call of Duty multiplayer to date with some equally awesome maps and game modes.
    Ghosts isn't without its problems, its repetitive, its still running on the MW2 engine (an upgraded version of the CoD4 engine), its a little cliche at times but as a whole package its the best Call of Duty in years and worth a go if its within your price range.
    Ignore the obviously sabotaged score, after reading the reviews myself, being someone who had the game disappointed me would have scored it that low myself, I can well and truly say they have not played the game and are judging the series based on its past failures.
    To say how much a previous Call of Duty hater enjoyed this game, I will without a doubt be pre-ordering Ghosts 2 in a couple of years time.
  33. Nov 24, 2013
    i like this game i don't love it... its just another cod you know? but at the same time it int it feels different but not at the same time its weird but you'll get it if you played it. the campaign is ok. the multiplayer feels great! i love killing people in this game it feels good. the extinction mode at first is boring but once u get into it and start getting things its a really fun gamei like this game i don't love it... its just another cod you know? but at the same time it int it feels different but not at the same time its weird but you'll get it if you played it. the campaign is ok. the multiplayer feels great! i love killing people in this game it feels good. the extinction mode at first is boring but once u get into it and start getting things its a really fun game mode! squads is useless in my opinion i guess its great if u dont have internet. this game isnt bad but isnt that great its just another cash in cod im more excited for treyarchs next cod because NEXT GEN ZOMBIES how cool will that be?!!? Expand
  34. Jan 16, 2014
    Okay. Another year, another CoD. And, I gotta say. I love this one. The story was cliche yet kept me involved. The multiplayer is the most balanced to date. And the graphics are absolutely breathtaking compared to previous installments. The weapon models and character models are cool, and I thoroughly enjoyed character customization. I love Squads mode. It's fun and hectic. And,Okay. Another year, another CoD. And, I gotta say. I love this one. The story was cliche yet kept me involved. The multiplayer is the most balanced to date. And the graphics are absolutely breathtaking compared to previous installments. The weapon models and character models are cool, and I thoroughly enjoyed character customization. I love Squads mode. It's fun and hectic. And, yeah, I guess it's a little/LOT recycled. But, hey, this is a great CoD game. And it has to be my favorite game in the series since CoD: Big Red One. Expand
  35. Nov 9, 2013
    Honestly everyone giving this game a zero doesn't know what their saying, there are plenty of games worse than this. Sure it's the same CoD but at least it's more ambitious then their previous games, and if your into shooters this is a fun game that you can sink hours into its fast paced multiplayer.
  36. Nov 11, 2013
    I would say this is a really under rated Cod, as most people are sick of it, and frankly i don't blame them. They need to change the formula mix it up iv thought that, for every cod since Black ops1. However in my opinion Cod Ghost is one of the best so far.. The story mode was really good, much better than some of the other cods. The MP is pretty much the same with a few new modes.

Id

Id say buy it, its fun, familiar, but yet i can see the effort that has been put in to this Call of Duty, and with everyone slating it, its not as bad as everyone's saying its a lot better. I would rate it 8.5.
  37. Nov 5, 2013
    I'm basing this on the Multiplayer aspect as its all ive played.

I'm really enjoying this, at first thought when I played my first game mode, I was hesitant and thought I had been ripped off, I found the first map bland, now after having it for a few days I love it. Below is list of Pros and Cons to MP. Pros: 1.Huge maps, with multi levels not just the standard BLOPS2 3 way
    I'm basing this on the Multiplayer aspect as its all ive played.

Pros: 1.Huge maps, with multi levels not just the standard BLOPS2 3 way entrances, but a multitude of entrances to choke zones.
    2 Knee slide is awesome, going from sprinting to crouched to prone is easy, also doing a kneeslide into a room turning around and getting a kill is satisfying.
    3. Soldier customisation.
    4. Blitz, fast paced high scoring
    5. Guns feel great, sound great
    6. Field orders, love them, adds more depth to an already deep game
    7. Huge amount of unlockables that will keep you going for ages.

Cons.
    1. No connection status bar
    2. Havnt got used to contextual lean yet.
    3. Always getting shot in back (could be a pro as well due to variety of map passages)
    4. No Search and Destroy (although search and rescue is a good addition)

Overall loving it, few very minor issues but all in all a great MP game.
  38. Nov 5, 2013
    My review is currently based on only playing the online portion of the game. I will update after playing the single player campaign, which in my opinion, has to be better than Blops 2 which I never even finished.

I played Squads and Multiplayer for a few hours this morning after the midnight release and really enjoyed my experience. Create a soldier and loadout screens are pretty deep customization of your character. The quasi pick 10 system carryover from Blops2 and strike packages from MW3 are both welcome additions to the game

I was able to jump right in and get some kills and score streaks, which was a change for me from Blops 2 and MW3 where I was barely able to crack a 1.00 K/D and .75 for MW3 respectively. Additionally I like the maps this time around, they are bigger and not shoebox size like before. There are more open spaces for people who prefer to NOT run and gun everywhere with an SMG.

Lastly I have played the Battlefield games and have always preferred CoD. Similar formula as before with some tweaks and changes I feel are for the better.
  39. Nov 12, 2013
    A lot of people give hate on ghosts because they always say it's the same when actually they never see the new things that's added in even the small things. The new point system for perks/guns/equipment it a lot better since now attachments don't cost a point. The perks are at a good point value ranging from 1-5 points depending on what perk you want. The knifing was majorly improved nowA lot of people give hate on ghosts because they always say it's the same when actually they never see the new things that's added in even the small things. The new point system for perks/guns/equipment it a lot better since now attachments don't cost a point. The perks are at a good point value ranging from 1-5 points depending on what perk you want. The knifing was majorly improved now so you can actually kill with the knife. The new sliding feature is a lot better since I think no one ever dolphin dived and killed anyone at all. The new leaning feature a lot of people have been waiting for was added finally to the consoles. The kill streaks are a lot better since now there isn't that many Ariel kill streaks mowing everyone down in a game. 2 kill streaks are actually overpowers and those would be the guard dog and the support squadmate. The specialist perks make a comeback which a lot of fans of it were happy to see. The graphics were majorly improved as well as connectivity. They got rid of a lot of the spawn trapping game modes. The story in ghosts was great. The ending gives a major hint at a sequel. The extinction game mode was a big thing due to the fact zombies was getting to its end after black ops 2. Extinction brought one major thing into a survival I loved and that is teamwork. I couldn't stress it enough in zombies for people to use team work, but no one ever did that. Squads was a great idea which the squad mates you can purchase with squad points. The clan wars is a good idea but needing a smartphone or a tablet makes it difficult for people who can't afford one.
    Ghosts is a good game, but when people say call of duty sucks your wrong. You don't hate the game you hate the community that plays it.
  40. Nov 13, 2013
    This is a pretty decent game, almost didnt buy it due to the negativity found on here, though after viewing the accounts linked to these 0/10 reviews and seeing that they have only ever written afew reviews, all of which are just bashing call of duty games i realized it was just sad people hating on the franchise and probably creating multiple account to do so. really dont understand whyThis is a pretty decent game, almost didnt buy it due to the negativity found on here, though after viewing the accounts linked to these 0/10 reviews and seeing that they have only ever written afew reviews, all of which are just bashing call of duty games i realized it was just sad people hating on the franchise and probably creating multiple account to do so. really dont understand why people waste their time in this way, this game is definately no 2/10 much better than mw3, and i also prefer it to black ops 1+2. Expand
  41. Apr 9, 2016
    Overlooked very good game brilliant story only the people who hate Ghosts will say the campaign is bad because it's Ghosts if it was a different game it will be praised a fun multiplayer with great new original DLC. You can play as Soap and co on multiplayer and Ghosts characters and other stuff. 87/100
  42. Aug 27, 2014
    By far the worse CoD. Usually i tend to love the same formula when it's a good one. This time around Infinity Ward created a bland and confusing campaign and the Online...
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Confusing and very unbalanced...
    PRESENTATION: Well, as good as ever. If it was for the presentation i'll give my usual 9 to the CoD series. GAMEPLAY: Same as PRESENTATION. ONLINE: What is this?
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Confusing and very unbalanced...
    GAMEPLAY: Same as PRESENTATION.
    ONLINE: What is this? IW picked up the (great) idea of Treyarch pick 10 system and they managed to build a very confusing progression system. The maps were all pretty forgetable. Undoubtedly the worse online experience to the CoD series. And character selection? Drop it please!
    They better get i right the next time. I was expecting highly of Ghosts especially after the excellent BO2 but Infinity Ward f***** up this time.
  43. Feb 24, 2014
    I am going to be as blunt as I can. Call of Duty: Ghosts is a pretty mediocre game. And this comes from a guy who actually enjoys playing Call of Duty, and one who loved what Treyarch did in "Black Ops 2". But Infinity Ward, who at least tried to renovate the franchise even though still including the fast and loveable CoD formula fans love, has brought us a 60 dollar package that is aI am going to be as blunt as I can. Call of Duty: Ghosts is a pretty mediocre game. And this comes from a guy who actually enjoys playing Call of Duty, and one who loved what Treyarch did in "Black Ops 2". But Infinity Ward, who at least tried to renovate the franchise even though still including the fast and loveable CoD formula fans love, has brought us a 60 dollar package that is a little bit uneven. A great, fun multiplayer with exciting new additions, but an absolutely cringeworthy campaign and an even worse attempt to copy the successful Zombies mode from Treyarch's shoot-em-up extravaganza.
    First of all, let's talk about the campaign. They tried to sell it as an "Academy Award Winning Written Story full of heart". My ass. It is another "America, **** yeah" story with one dimensional characters and over-the-top dialogue. And the gameplay is just so boring. The missions are so linear (Except one that tries to introduce some stealth into the mix, but bad AI and level design ends up being messy) and the guns feel so similar, I thought more than once leaving the campaign and abandon it on a pile of cow feces. Still, it is not all bad. The visuals are spot on, even on PS3, and the framerate is top-notch. Too bad the voice acting makes you want to kill yourself.
    The multiplayer, with new modes and incredible map design, are the opposite. Ghosts has introduced lots of new toys for fans to explore, from verticality on the level's designs to a sort of "dynamic" appeal, which is not as dynamic as Battlefield's "Levolution" but still offers the chills. In fact, one of the new modes introduced, "Cranked" is one of my favourite multiplayer modes ever. Besides that, they added deep character customization that makes things even more enjoyable. Love it or hate it, multiplayer is awesome at Ghosts.
    Wanna know what is not awesome? Extinction mode. WHY? WHY DID YOU FEEL OBLIGATED TO ADD THIS IN THE GAME? It is an absolute mess. It is not very cooperative, at moments it is ridiculously unfair and the map designs take a turn for the worse. It is along with the campaign in the Cow feces, questioning Infinity Ward's competence.
    Buy this for the multiplayer, stay for the exact reason you bought it for. But it is not worth 60 bucks. Maybe an even 40 or 35 bucks will do just fine.
  44. Nov 5, 2013
    I played this game in Local play in which i always do for every call of duty to check out guns and maps and stuff. The game isnt that bad i would say. I always loved the format that MW2 and MW3 had. Glad they changed from that BO2 garbage. But the Graphics are just bad man. But you have to realize the game was not meant to be released for PS3. And i still dont get why people would rate aI played this game in Local play in which i always do for every call of duty to check out guns and maps and stuff. The game isnt that bad i would say. I always loved the format that MW2 and MW3 had. Glad they changed from that BO2 garbage. But the Graphics are just bad man. But you have to realize the game was not meant to be released for PS3. And i still dont get why people would rate a cod game without them adding any patches yet. You duty players should know this by now Jesus.

Didnt try the story yet but im not that big of a call of duty story fanatic. I just do them for the trophies and thats it.

O yea and by the way......the scorestreaks look like they are going to be really OP. Hopefully its not as bad as I think they are going to be.
  45. Nov 5, 2013
    Call of Duty Ghosts still feels like the same game we've been playing for the past eight years. Meaning the core gamplay experience hasn't changed. The campaign felt well paced and far more emotional then previous titles. I hated the Black ops 2 campaign but felt right at home with Ghosts. Explosive massive large scale warfare and fantastic action. can't help but feel like iv been hereCall of Duty Ghosts still feels like the same game we've been playing for the past eight years. Meaning the core gamplay experience hasn't changed. The campaign felt well paced and far more emotional then previous titles. I hated the Black ops 2 campaign but felt right at home with Ghosts. Explosive massive large scale warfare and fantastic action. can't help but feel like iv been here before though. Yes it is becoming a little stale but at least its fun, which is what the fans want. Call of duty is like a packet of barque chips. They taste great for a while, then become a little tiring. Overall the I had fun with the 6-8 hour campaign. COD is meant for small doses of adrenaline filled fun. I mainly play with my buds on a Saturday night, screaming into the mics for a few hours and hooked up with bottles of Mountain Dew. Multilayer obviously hasn't changed except for the new dynamic maps, guns and new game modes. To be honest the maps don't even feel all that dynamic, a bus falls off a cliff...cool. The maps are far larger this time round which definitely keeps the game with slower paced matches but takes much longer to find enemies. The score streaks have also been balanced out. Now you won't be shot down by stealth choppers every 3 minutes. The Multilayer is greatly balanced out now and the new map designs are great. Infinity ward also added a new game mode called Extinction. Its like Zombies but with Aliens. You get the idea. Of course the current gen versions are showing some age compared to the much better looking next gen platforms. Whichever version you choose though, ghosts is still a fairly fun shooter. Expand
  46. Nov 5, 2013
    I enjoyed the new coop ideas. Squad mode was a nice addition and it brought me back to the days of playing Call of Duty 2 against all my buddies split screen (before you could sprint!). I can understand why they didn't change many of the ideas from the previous MW titles. It's a franchise that has made billions of dollars so far, so why risk changing the formula? I get that it is intendedI enjoyed the new coop ideas. Squad mode was a nice addition and it brought me back to the days of playing Call of Duty 2 against all my buddies split screen (before you could sprint!). I can understand why they didn't change many of the ideas from the previous MW titles. It's a franchise that has made billions of dollars so far, so why risk changing the formula? I get that it is intended for PS4 and Xbox One but I still would have liked to see some graphics updates for the PS3 side of the house. I enjoyed the title, but like so many others have said, nothing new here. Expand
  47. Nov 7, 2013
    Ghost is definitely a low point in the Call of Duty series. The gameplay has been slowed down tremendously die to the bigger maps. The maps are designed well, they just are to big for the amount of players on the field. The weapons feel decent and the controls are the same but it just doesn't have the COD fast paced gameplay that the series is known for. Overall I give it a 7.
  48. Nov 13, 2013
    Infinity Ward spends years making a new game whereas Treyarch pumps out a new title every year. Infinity Ward has grabbed our hearts with their previous games, although I have no idea what went wrong with this game.

The engine is horrific. I understand it's their first time having a canine companion, although the way it runs at 1mph and turns on the spot like it's on a turntable is shocking. The same goes for AI, they never fail to stand in front of your bullets and push you out of cover into the line of fire.

The story was boring, enough said. The previous campaigns have been fun, detailed and largely interactive. The basis of this games campaign is 'go there, shoot that, come back' it features only a few plot twists, that don't feel at all relevant. You don't get connected to the characters whatsoever, and you're given a brief 5 minutes introduction to them at the start of the game, which doesn't even make the player feel attached to them, unlike previous characters. The character you play as (what was his name, Logan?) doesn't utter a word the entire game, and it's utterly ridiculous. Yes, it's been done in previous games, but this time they've stretched the idea of not having him speak way too far. A mute joins an elite task force, kills baddies and regroups with his team-mates by not talking? Hmph.

Despite the abomination that was Single player, the Multiplayer aspect of the game is surprisingly well put together. Gunplay is good, maps are detailed and filled with spiots to pay around in, and there's no ridiculously overpowered guns, and they're all equally matched to different people. The character customization options are great, and allow me to physically change the face and individual pieces of clothing on my character. The only downside to Multiplayer is the lack of classic game modes, and also the fact that you can't see challenges (or operations, as they're now called) until you unlock it by paying one squad point, which is the currency in Multiplayer. So, you want to unlock that shiny new helmet for your character? Well then, let's go and see what the challenge I have to com-
    So, yep, you have to play and just hope you can finally unlock the challenge by pure randomness that will unlock whatever it is you're looking for.
  49. Nov 15, 2013
    For single player this game was really good, but it could be a little longer and there could of been more kinds of missions like stealthy, but the online is awful
  50. Apr 8, 2014
    ghost multiplayer freezes all the time, other than that I love it. Love the new maps, the operations, and the gear. It is challenging, but not difficult to play.
  51. May 31, 2014
    The campaign is good
    But the multiplayer sometimes is really slow and tha maps are huge
    The mechanics of the game for me are good enough but the multiplayer is still without dedicated servers and with such powerful guns the connection can be devastating for the experience At last if its your first cod you will have fun but if you have been playing cod for a long time you will find out
    The campaign is good
    But the multiplayer sometimes is really slow and tha maps are huge
    At last if its your first cod you will have fun but if you have been playing cod for a long time you will find out soon enough that this the worst cod ever made
  52. Dec 17, 2014
    Hi, just bought the game and started playing the campaign and the multiplayer. The feel that i got, it that the game is just as the same as Modern Warfare 2, with some improved textures and not so empty map areas.
    In my opinion, people have to realise that they can't change the CoD game engine on PS3, it's arcade like, and it will allways be. I have played Battlefield 3 on PS3, and i found very hard getting back to MW2 due to game style and graphics, so i bought this game to see if it could bring me back to the CoD shoot n' fun. Not disapointed, it's just a matter of getting used to the game and it's engine. Games are evolving to a newer generation, and that will not happen on PS3. They could change their game engine, but would it resemble to another game? Would people be happy with a futile or desperate move from Activision to keep the players? Worth my 24,99€, and me and my girlfriend will have a blast playing it.
  53. Sep 2, 2015
    When I first started playing this, it seemed okay. But then it took a nosedive

Pro: Graphics and sound are very good. Soldier customization is a nice and welcome addition "Patches"/Emblems appearing on the soldier is a cool feature that I wish they did earlier. Squad mode is a good amount of fun, but I can see why not a lot of people play it. Campaign is decent (More on this in the
    When I first started playing this, it seemed okay. But then it took a nosedive

Pro:
    Graphics and sound are very good.
    Soldier customization is a nice and welcome addition
    Campaign is decent (More on this in the Con section)
    Guns are good
    Double render scopes
    Create a class is more intuitive, with things like the "Pick...13?" and class related kill/scorestreaks. It takes the good from MW3, and the good from BO2, and combines it. But there are still some problems.

Con:
    Maps and spawns are not good. Maps flow terribly and Expect to be killed from behind a lot. (The only decent map I found was Warhawk
    The campaign ending is a kick to your nads. watch it on youtube.
    Not much use for sliding.
    Time to kill is a little too fast
    Quickscoping is still in the game
    It's just...Boring. It get's really boring. This is the problem with the Unlock coins system. There's no incentive to keep playing to unlock the last gun/attachment, etc, and challeges are all long term (ex. 400 kills with said attachment to unlock 1 thing.)

Overall, it's a game that had quite a bit of potential, the customization options were very welcome in my eyes, and it had a lot of little things that made my experience better. And I got some enjoyment out of it, until I sunk about 5-10 hours in the game and unlocked everything I wanted, then the game just stopped holding attention, and it goes to collect dust on the shelf while you go to play more fun games.
  54. Nov 20, 2013
    Uurgh! Another year, another COD game. There was a time when the release of a new COD game felt special and exciting but that time has long since passed. What you're getting here is the usual overly chaotic and short single player campaign complete with a constant bombardment of jingoistic nonsense and military jargon that attempts and fails to add meaning and gravitas to the reason you'reUurgh! Another year, another COD game. There was a time when the release of a new COD game felt special and exciting but that time has long since passed. What you're getting here is the usual overly chaotic and short single player campaign complete with a constant bombardment of jingoistic nonsense and military jargon that attempts and fails to add meaning and gravitas to the reason you're murdering hundreds and hundreds of enemy soldiers. It's a decent FPS sure, as most of the COD series has been, but there just aren't enough new ideas to justify buying what is essentially the same game EVERY year.

It's the same with annual sports games: if you feel like you're getting your money's worth here then go for it, though most people probably won't. If you're a die hard COD fan (of which the number of these is steadily and thankfully dwindling) you've probably already bought this. If it's been a few years since your last COD, and you feel like dipping back in, then this is as decent an entry in the series as you're likely to get, just don't expect to feel like you've missed much, because you haven't.

As far as the multi-player goes, which to be fair is the main reason you should buy a COD game, I don't think it's ever felt as stale, with a notable lack of changes or new ideas, but again, you have no reason to be surprised or disappointed with what you're playing here. The user score for this particular entry is extremely low, and I feel this is as even the die hard fans are catching on that they're not really getting anything new anymore. I've tried to balance the score for this entry on its own individual merits and as part of an annual series. Yeah! AmErIcA! Everyone is our enemy! Whoo! Inside U.S. good! Outside BAAAAAD!
  55. Dec 28, 2013
    Another year, another Call of Duty. Let's make this clear: Ghosts does NOT suck, yet it isn't the best CoD; not even close. The campaign was just mindless fun, like the previous campaigns, yet I was disappointed overall, as the trailers had more emotion than the story itself. Characters could have been developed more. One reviewer said that this is the longest campaign in the series, yetAnother year, another Call of Duty. Let's make this clear: Ghosts does NOT suck, yet it isn't the best CoD; not even close. The campaign was just mindless fun, like the previous campaigns, yet I was disappointed overall, as the trailers had more emotion than the story itself. Characters could have been developed more. One reviewer said that this is the longest campaign in the series, yet it lasted for 5-hours, again like the previous games.

Now onto the multiplayer, which everyone is mainly concerned about. Aside from customizing your own soldier, there is nothing really new. It's the same multiplayer. And what I hate is that everything is available for use, as long as your gather up enough points. What happened to this weapon being unlocked at this level, etc?

Extinction mode is also fun, but it can't save the entire package.

In the end, Ghosts is not bad, but not good. And it certainly isn't worth $60. I only got it because my bro got it for Christmas. If he didn't want it, I wouldn't have got it either. Wait for the price drop.
  56. Sep 13, 2014
    Too bad that after diluting the franchise with uninspired yearly releases, this game finally got many things right. The most evident one is online multiplayer, where we can finally play a Call of Duty game where the weapons are balanced. While the new marksman rifle class seems a bit overpowered, assault rifles, SMGs, even shotguns and sniper rifles, can hold their own. There's no singleToo bad that after diluting the franchise with uninspired yearly releases, this game finally got many things right. The most evident one is online multiplayer, where we can finally play a Call of Duty game where the weapons are balanced. While the new marksman rifle class seems a bit overpowered, assault rifles, SMGs, even shotguns and sniper rifles, can hold their own. There's no single "best gun in the game", and the perks can really enhance your play style.

The level of interactivity they added to the maps works in various degrees of success/failure. Seems like a little Battlefield envy worked there. Speaking of DLC, they managed to find another money-grabbing scheme: Character customization. Some Team Fortress 2 envy also made an impact.

Not everything is great in multiplayer. As equipment goes, the annoying IED that litters every multiplayer map, has become this game's n00b tube. Most of the maps are a mess. They improved the maps quality in the DLC, though not all of them are good. While they got the guns, and the perks right, the killstreaks are mostly ground based, and save the "juggernaut maniac", they are no longer fun.

The new Extinction coop mode is a good alternative to the zombies, but it's repetitive and loses its charm after several hours of play. One of the best new additions is the Squad mode where you play coop against bots, or a team of your own bots and another player's. It's less stressful than multiplayer, and even helps level up your character.

Is not worth reviewing the campaign. It's a mess and as uninspired as it can get. The interface of the game is also uninspired. There's a lack of excitement when you level up your character, make a kill, or complete a mission.

The gameplay mechanics are still the best out there. The leveling system is now better as you "prestige" a character that becomes part of your team and you can level up another.

Overall, the game feels like it's going in cruise control. It's still a little fun, but not as much as it used to be. Despite solid gameplay, the franchise completely lost its charm a couple of years ago. This is my last Call of Duty game.
  57. Nov 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, here we are! New Call of Duty game! This message contains spoilers, so be careful.
    For me, "COD: Ghosts" is TOTAL FAILURE.
    All this months, Activision make a decision, that new CoD will be revolutionally for it's series. From all trailers and etc. we thought that it was true. But, then release date comes, we all see that it all was wrong.
    Okay okay, graphics become better, for first time since MW1. "Very big" progress. "New engine we have!" Activision says. Really? I don't see something new: same sounds of bullets, some gameplay.
    Single player story for me is in just one word- WTF?!
    Some badasses destroy USA using space sh*t. Okay, okay, okay. It looks epic- apocalypse, and again in USA.
    10 years later, and people still have good life with army. WAT?! After massive apocalypse USA still has army with vehicles? Are you kidding me? And a storyline of 2 bros... argh, it's so typical. Storyline looks very bad and illogically.
    But the laughest think to me- is dog. Activision make a lot of advertisements, Internet make a lot of memes. Activision make development diary. And it's all for JUST 2 MISSIONS? WHAT? All this days Activision says that dog is "SUPER TROUPER". But only in f*cking 2 missions.
    Multiplayer remains at it's level. And now MP becomes boring: same f*cking thing all years.
    Activision needed to stop producing CoD series or change everything in game if they wanted to return respect.
  58. Nov 5, 2013
    This year had alot of ups and downs. Call of duty ghosts are right in the middle of this. Call of duty has great multiplayer and classes, but the maps are way too big and the game itself is too complex for most of the gamers. We don't want a game where you've got to research to find a good class, it is all about the gameplay. Also, single player was a disappointment. The whole campaignThis year had alot of ups and downs. Call of duty ghosts are right in the middle of this. Call of duty has great multiplayer and classes, but the maps are way too big and the game itself is too complex for most of the gamers. We don't want a game where you've got to research to find a good class, it is all about the gameplay. Also, single player was a disappointment. The whole campaign lasts 5 hours (Which is longer than battlefield 4's single player, where that campaign lasted 4 hours)! Overall, Call of duty is not the best of the franchise, but is a enjoyable game. Expand
  59. Nov 17, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts was a huge disappointment. The multiplayer is the same with a few tweaks, the Squads mode is fun but it gets boring after a while. The campaign is okay, their are some good parts like when you play as the dog Ryley and the ending is great, but the rest of the game feels rushed and boring. The Extinction mode really surprised me, it is the best thing about this game, inCall of Duty: Ghosts was a huge disappointment. The multiplayer is the same with a few tweaks, the Squads mode is fun but it gets boring after a while. The campaign is okay, their are some good parts like when you play as the dog Ryley and the ending is great, but the rest of the game feels rushed and boring. The Extinction mode really surprised me, it is the best thing about this game, in my opinion it is better than the zombies mode in the Treyarch games. The thing that really bothered me about this game is that the graphics dont even look improved, even Black Ops 2 looks better than this game, it looks the same as Modern Warfare 3 and that game came out in 2011. I wouldint recommend buying this game at full price, but if you do buy it on the Playstation 4 or Xbox One. Overall Score 68/100 Expand
  60. Nov 20, 2013
    Wont say its a great game... single player experience was disappointing.. feels like the old modern warfare or black ops... extinction was good idea but only 1 map... gets bored soon... multiplayer is ok... but the spawns need to be fixed... is too chaotic... i like the new reward system though...
  61. Nov 7, 2013
    What I Found which DISAPPOINTED me GREATLY:

- Very boring maps - Map sizes are WAY to big for a mere 6v6 - ONLY 6v6 no more 9v9 - CRAP graphics - BORING killstreaks SOME ARE TOTALLY USELESS for example HELO sniper STAY AWAY GUYS!!) - boring weapons + Side: - Fun new game modes, Crank most fun to play IMO - Mounting over walls system - Squad mode is fun - Allows those who
    What I Found which DISAPPOINTED me GREATLY:

+ Side:
    - Fun new game modes, Crank most fun to play IMO
    - Mounting over walls system
    - Squad mode is fun
    - Allows those who don't feel like playing competitive to play squad mode for a more relaxed game
    - Good AI system

Extras
    - Customization was disappointing IMO, needed more faces imo
    - CAMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP GALOOORE you will BARELY find an actual good player who runs around the map
    - Laggy Just for me i think. .
    - The new lean system seem useless to me, used it once every 10 games and slide system is also useless. Only found myself using it to race my teammate to capture a point at the start of domination and in blitz mode to enter the portal thiny
    - Extinction was disappointing IMO
    - GUYS BEFORE YOU BUY ATTACHMENTS OR STREAKS TRY IT IN PRIVATE MODE FIRST BECAUSE EARNING SQUAD POINTS TAKES AWHILE AND STARTS TO FEEL LIKE A GRIND
  62. Feb 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This COD is Disappointing, but not a bad game.
    The Main Campaign itself has Gameplay that doesn't have flaws, aside from glitches and the fact it's the same gameplay from the other COD games. The Story is a simple 'Meh', does have some nice Moments, but the ending is just atrocious, I was like... "ANOTHER SEQUEL!?, ARE YOU SERIOUS!?".
    The Multiplayer is the worst of all COD games, even though I think that the 'Create a Soldier' is cool and the gameplay Isn't Ruined or Anything. The maps are frustratingly way too big, giving an opportunity for campers. Some Weapons are Stupidly more Powerful than others, Making everyone use that certain Weapon.
    Overall, The Game is just not bad, but the worst COD ever Made
  63. Jul 2, 2014
    There's so many things wrong with this multiplayer gameplay & that unwanted PS3 version of extinction. The campaign really impressed me all the way though.
  64. Oct 31, 2014
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is to be considered the worst COD game. I am not a huge fan of Call of Duty because it never does anything spectacular. Ghosts is exactly what you might expect from a terribly average Call of Duty - terrible rehashed graphics, samey game-play like always and an entertaining campaign. The story of Ghosts lacks creativity and it makes you feel like you are playing anCall of Duty: Ghosts is to be considered the worst COD game. I am not a huge fan of Call of Duty because it never does anything spectacular. Ghosts is exactly what you might expect from a terribly average Call of Duty - terrible rehashed graphics, samey game-play like always and an entertaining campaign. The story of Ghosts lacks creativity and it makes you feel like you are playing an expansion to maybe Call of Duty 4. Truth is, MW3 had the best campaign in the series in my opinion, but the multiplayer lacked in many aspects; for starters it was terribly hacked, boring and sucked. Ghosts does improve on the multiplayer SLIGHTLY, but it is very hard to play the game in such terrible 2006-like graphics. Even Call of Duty 3 had better graphics, and the game was ported from the PS2 (if I am not mistaken) to the PS3 REMASTERED. Call of Duty never changes, and Ghosts is the worst in the franchise. Though you should get Advanced Warfare, it looks like the next COD.

COD 1 (seemed like a full game) COD 2 (seemed like a full game) COD 3 (seemed like an expansion to COD 2) COD 4 MW (seemed like a full game) COD WAW (seemed like an expansion to Call of Duty 2 with COD 4 gameplay) COD MW2 (seemed like an expansion to COD 4 with better gameplay and graphics) COD BO 1 (seemed like a mixed game, seemed like a standalone expansion), COD MW3 (definitely just an expansion to COD 4 and MW2), COD BO2 (seemed like a new full game, but it didn't feel like one), COD Ghosts (Crap, don't bother. Seems like $60 DLC for COD 3) COD AW (I will give it a try)
  65. Sep 5, 2014
    The game feel like a stepback from previous titles, because you really miss things like muting all players just my pressing SQUARE + X, camos for your all your secondary camos, including diamond camos and the new "3D moving" DLC camos Afterlife and Weaponized 115. The Campaign was O.K, but still felt like a stepback because of the different ending that Black Ops II had.

BO2 was a much

BO2 was a much better game in my opinion, there you felt like a badass soldier with rock music playing in the background and you just run around kicking ass. That's the Call of Duty people miss, Ghosts is slow and unfair, because when you have such a low TTK everything will rely on who's got the best connection. If you for example play a game in Europe together with a host from the US, you will have a very bad time playing.

Ghosts is playable, don't get me wrong, but it's much less noob-friendly than previous games so if you are between noob and above average you will have a hard time playing against pro players. If you are really, really good at COD, you might want to buy this, but still, I think you should wait until the price drops. This game isn't worth $59 at the moment.
  66. Sep 15, 2014
    call of duty is a game franchise that is beginning to suffer from it's own success, with the latest instalment ghosts the story mode although interesting feels like it has taken a step back from black ops 2 in that with black ops 2 both the decisions you make and how successful you were at the missions throughout the campaign have an impact on the final outcome. the on-line mode feels toocall of duty is a game franchise that is beginning to suffer from it's own success, with the latest instalment ghosts the story mode although interesting feels like it has taken a step back from black ops 2 in that with black ops 2 both the decisions you make and how successful you were at the missions throughout the campaign have an impact on the final outcome. the on-line mode feels too similar to previous games. it is not a bad game but in my opinion add very little to the COD Franchise Expand
  67. Sep 25, 2014
    I think that its an okay game. ts not a great game but if you see it in a bargain bin at gamestop 5 years from now, Maybe you might want to try it. The campaign was really easy and it only took me a few hours to beat my first time playing through it, Plus the ending is horrible. the multiplayer is average. there are a few good maps. But none that are worth making the default map when youI think that its an okay game. ts not a great game but if you see it in a bargain bin at gamestop 5 years from now, Maybe you might want to try it. The campaign was really easy and it only took me a few hours to beat my first time playing through it, Plus the ending is horrible. the multiplayer is average. there are a few good maps. But none that are worth making the default map when you have a friend over (like nuketown from black ops 2). if you are going to get into cod. Start out with either cod 4/modern warfare, or black ops 2. Expand
  68. Jul 30, 2016
    Its not the worst game as the already mentioned ratings suggest. As long as you did not pay a big price for this one, call of duty ghosts happens to be a one time quick play. The missions are far too easy and a breeze for most people. The story is not the greatest, but it will not matter really as long as you look at it as casual gaming. It depends on how you wish to approach this game.
  69. Apr 3, 2017
    6.3 - Definitely the worst call of duty. Most of the time you don't even know where you get shot from on a lot of the multiplayer maps. Campaign was atrocious and that Aliens mode they implemented was trash. Graphics were still good being on the ps4 buts that's about it.
  70. Nov 9, 2013
    Another year, another Call of Duty. This time Infinity Ward is up to bat, and they take more than a few pages from the Treyarch handbook. A new four-player co-op mode with a crazy theme, a pick ten and currency system for multiplayer, and a campaign that has characters and a story that you can (mostly) follow. All of this sounds great, and this is truly the most ambitious Call of Duty toAnother year, another Call of Duty. This time Infinity Ward is up to bat, and they take more than a few pages from the Treyarch handbook. A new four-player co-op mode with a crazy theme, a pick ten and currency system for multiplayer, and a campaign that has characters and a story that you can (mostly) follow. All of this sounds great, and this is truly the most ambitious Call of Duty to come from Infinity Ward, but somewhere along the way they botched everything making this the worst COD since Modern Warfare 2.

The campaign just plain sucks. It's got a great story even if it can get a bit muddled at times, and the characters are fantastic. I truly came to care about Logan and Hesh and despised the main antagonist. However everything falls short from a gameplay perspective. Firefights are tedious, some sections just feel like they are on rails, and level design can be horrendous. All of this makes for a campaign that's just no fun to play, which is disappointing considering how good it all sounded when I heard about it. But no one buys COD for the campaign, they buy it for the multiplayer, which unfortunately fall short as well.

It's clear that Infinity Ward did at least try to add some changes to the established multiplayer formula. They did it by borrowing the currency and pick 10 system from the two Black Ops games and adding their own twists. These additions don't save the game, but they end up being better than nothing. they also added larger maps, which somehow end up managing to be too large for their own good. Thanks to the increased size of the maps there are long stretches that you'll spend looking for someone to kill, rather than actually killing someone. It also makes death feel a little cheap when someone kills you not by skill, but simply because they were lucky enough to stumble up on you before you could stumble up on them. Some new modes are added but they end up being throwaway and you'll most likely stick with the regular established modes. All in all multiplayer still provides some minor thrills at times, but all these new changes end up hurting the experience rather than helping it.

The games new attention on co-op modes is great, outside of the lame "Squads" mode that is really only worth playing if you're new to COD multiplayer. Where Infinity Ward manages to strike gold is with it's new "Extinction" mode. This new four-player cooperative mode takes notes from Treyarch's popular zombies mode and has you fighting waves of aliens while completing various objectives. It's the best part of the game and you can spend hours playing it with friends.

In the end though one good mode can't save the overall package. It can be tedious to play at times, and the new changes can't shake the feeling of deja vu and end up hurting the overall experience. The campaign is dull and tedious. The multiplayer is is dated and the dog killstreak is overpowered. The cooperative mode is good but can't save the game. This is a huge disappointment and feels like a step back for a series that needs to move forward in order to keep fans. It really is the worst COD in years.
  71. Nov 5, 2013
    The commercials for this game were way more exciting than the real thing. First, let me start off by saying that I did not get the opportunity to test the online multiplayer, I only experienced the offline multiplayer along with extinction and the campaign. I do realize most consumers purchase the series for the online and could not care less about the offline features, however, the onlineThe commercials for this game were way more exciting than the real thing. First, let me start off by saying that I did not get the opportunity to test the online multiplayer, I only experienced the offline multiplayer along with extinction and the campaign. I do realize most consumers purchase the series for the online and could not care less about the offline features, however, the online experience should not determine the fate of any game. If I could have just as much fun playing a 5 year old Call of Duty with my buddies online as I would this, then there isn't much new to compare.

For the offline features, three of my friends and I were immediately disappointed to find that offline co-op was limited to only two players. This came as a surprise, considering the four-person offline multiplayer and four-person zombies in 2012's Black Ops 2. Overall, the new class building system along with the create-a-character were nice additions, but it was a shame that four of us could not play at once. The inclusion of bots a la Black Ops were a nice addition, and the ability to have 12 total players was a nice improvement from the 10 total from Black Ops 2 offline. I just wish one more thing brought over from BO2 was the four person experience.

Like every other Infinity Ward Call of Duty, the campaign is convoluted and linear, My friends and I only played for about 2 hours into it, occasionally switching off upon deaths, and we unanimously agreed that the story was just not all that interesting. Granted again, no one really buys the COD games for the story, it's just a shame that it could not build upon the additions from last year's game.

Lastly, Extintion is perhaps the most ambitious (and 'new'!) feature in Call of Duty: Ghosts. However, if you're at all familiar with the 'Zombies' adventures from previous Treyarch titles, Extinction will not be nearly as fun or satisfying. The PS3 version feels gimped as a next-gen title, often looking muddier and chunkier than even Black Ops 2.

Not once does this game exceed my expectations; the story is just as linear and confusing as ever, Extinction is a creative yet failed attempt at succeeding 'Zombies', the offline multiplayer experience is terribly limited by the ability to only play with two players although the new changes in the class system are really a nice touch, and lastly the overall graphics and feel of the PS3 version feel heavy and less-than-stellar. I give this game a 5/10.
  72. Nov 13, 2013
    The SP campaign is truly the worst ever. Not only is it more of the same, its actually the laziest effort to date. Frankly, i never minded more of the same, in fact it was the familiarity with COD that had kept me a loyal fan through the years. But this time, it was just too meaningless. I immediately switched back to MW3 after finishing the campaign in Ghosts just to compare the two andThe SP campaign is truly the worst ever. Not only is it more of the same, its actually the laziest effort to date. Frankly, i never minded more of the same, in fact it was the familiarity with COD that had kept me a loyal fan through the years. But this time, it was just too meaningless. I immediately switched back to MW3 after finishing the campaign in Ghosts just to compare the two and ended up playing the whole MW3 campaign and it was by no means the best of the bunch. But with Ghosts they've really let the ball drop and it feels almost offensive.
    Thankfully, the MP bit is pretty good. Not the best ever, a little too complex with maps way to big for the number of players but its less laggy than ever before and that too on a crappy 4mbps third world connection. Black Ops MP remains my favorite, but thanks to the reduced lag i'm performing way better without knowing every bit and cranny of the map like the back of my hand than i have ever before. Unfortunately that's the only plus and its not enough to redeem this pathetic effort. My score for COD: Ghosts:

SP: 2/5
    MP: 3/5

Ill still buy the next one, and the one after that, I just hope Activision will pay greater heed to the disdain they have caused amongst their fans and deliver a better product next year.
  73. Dec 26, 2013
    Being a fan of Call of Duty myself, I had started playing around the time of Black Ops 2. However, I started with World at War and have been making my way up. After the great improvement in multiplayer from Black Ops 2, I was expecting Ghosts to bring great improvements to the series. However upon playing the multiplayer, I was torn between sides. Although I did appreciate the ability toBeing a fan of Call of Duty myself, I had started playing around the time of Black Ops 2. However, I started with World at War and have been making my way up. After the great improvement in multiplayer from Black Ops 2, I was expecting Ghosts to bring great improvements to the series. However upon playing the multiplayer, I was torn between sides. Although I did appreciate the ability to customize the characters, many things were odd to me. The largest sources being the small amount of killstreaks and the miniscule 6 man teams I did not realize until now how odd a match can feel with a few players. There were some things that I enjoyed though. I found the graphics to be a great improvement over Black Ops 2, and I did enjoy the much smoother player movements with the slide and easy lean out of cover. I played Battlefield 4 before this and I am glad to find a much easier leaning mechanic. I also found the campaign to be enjoyable up until the end. Warning the ending is open and most likely means there will be a Ghosts 2, and hopefully they improve these mistakes. I also have noticed a few bugs such a a friendly freezing in place with his arms stuck out like a hidden in Garry's Mod Prop Hunt, however it fixed itself quickly. Simply put.

Story: 7
    Presentation: 8
    Multiplayer: 5
    Co-op: 7
    Weapons: 8
    Total: 7
  74. Nov 5, 2013
    Why can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. NowWhy can't I learn my lesson? Every year its the same game, yet I never care until two months after I buy the game. I can't give this game any higher score than a 5. Graphically it's pretty much the same, same engine being used but with some better lighting effects. I started the single player and after 10 minutes I stopped and had enough, I didn't buy the game for its single player. Now for the online review. Not much lag, which is nice but connecting to rooms has been an issue, as always. The game has more customizations available but honestly I could care less. The online play is the same old fast shooter loaded full of pre-pubescence kids trying to my mother while dropping the N word every other sentence. Its annoying. This game deserves a 5/10. Same different year. Goodbye COD. Expand
  75. Nov 5, 2013
    As one of the more ambitious Call of Duty titles, I expected a lot from this. The trailers, the demo, they made up room for something really big, something that would keep this milked franchise up and about, but no. It failed. Miserably.

Apparently, the only ace Call of Duty has against it's rival, Battlefield 4, is that it has a fairly decent campaign. It's fairly long, it has a handful of heartwrenching moments here and there, and the family dynamic is very present. The dog sections are also fun, obviously tearing someone's face apart has always been fun. Character development is also alright, I guess, and the voice actors are goddamn good. Stephen Lang, Brandon Routh, Kevin Gage, three very established Hollywood actors. They never failed for once. However, that doesn't really change the fact that the game lacks of innovation. That it's still the same rehashed game, with slightly improved graphics and, oh, a dog. The multiplayer is about the same, and the Levolution-like feature they decided to implement barely makes any difference. The size of the objects you could bring down in Battlefield 4 was huge, like skyscraper huge, while the only objects you can bring down in Call of Duty are a pile of logs, a lamp post, and a gas station.

Overall, Call of Duty is a half-decent game. However, I still suggest you don't get it immediately and wait until the price drops. If you're a FPS fan, save your money for Shadow Fall which is coming recently.
  76. Feb 2, 2014
    Ghost is Call of Duty's last leg. The campaign is very good and well executed. However, the multiplayer gets boring after a while and is nothing special. Any other game mode I didn't mention is also bad, starting with the fact that I can't even remember what it is called. Bad sign.
  77. Nov 9, 2013
    Campaign- Generic Story, Terrible voice acting, Awful dialogue and took me 4 hours to beat.

Squads- Nothing innovative here, it's essentially combat training with smarter AI. Extinction- Actually had fun for a while but it got old fast. It's no zombies. Multiplayer- Easily the worst in the series. The map design in this game is awful but don't get me wrong, there are some maps I

Extinction- Actually had fun for a while but it got old fast. It's no zombies.

Multiplayer- Easily the worst in the series. The map design in this game is awful but don't get me wrong, there are some maps I like. You have no time to react when shot, you die VERY quickly. S&D, CTF and Hardpoint are gone for whatever reason and those were the only game modes I found enjoyable.

Infinity Ward doesn't care about their fans, that's why they release the same game over and over. I'll stick with the Treyarch CoDs', they actually innovate and try new things.
  78. Nov 11, 2013
    From the trailers, CoD: Ghosts looked like it had so much promise, building upon Black Ops II and finally moving the series in the right direction. Its a shame to say that it hasn't.

The campaign for ghosts isn't too bad. Like the MW games, its still short, however there are variety of new gameplay experiences, including space and underwater battles, and the limited opportunity to play as a dog. However, i couldn't help but feel that id done it all before: the campaign has a striking similarity to the MW games shoot a bunch of enemies, move forward, use some sort of gadget, repeat. For PS3, the visuals were pretty ordinary. I know next gen consoles are coming out soon, but it still would have been nice to at least see a partially updated engine for the current consoles. The story itself isn't bad, but not great either, and probably wont change your life or force you to think about it deeply.

For me, multiplayer was more of a disappointment. The maps are bigger, but many of them are very similar. The design doesn't really favor those who run 'n' gun, but at the same time, don't really support teamwork either. The removal of ground war means a max of 12 players as well, and in large maps, things aren't always exciting. The new modes are fun, but nothing groundbreaking.

To be fair, Ghosts isn't bad, but its done little to keep me interested in it-and its only been out a week. Personally, ive given up on Infinity Ward doing anything to revamp the series, and am only interested in seeing what Treyarch can do to try and fix it.
  79. Nov 17, 2013
    First some background which might help other readers who are unsure of whether to buy this game some context. I'm a big fan of Call of Duty Multi-player and have played them all since COD4 and have prestige capped most of them. I generally play Domination or Demolition and am aggressive at going after the objective (and I can't stand people who play objective game modes and ignore theFirst some background which might help other readers who are unsure of whether to buy this game some context. I'm a big fan of Call of Duty Multi-player and have played them all since COD4 and have prestige capped most of them. I generally play Domination or Demolition and am aggressive at going after the objective (and I can't stand people who play objective game modes and ignore the objective)! I generally get ~10 caps a game on Dom and maintain a >1 KD ratio I am not pro or elite by any means, just an amateur who plays for fun.

Of the previous games my favourites in order from best to worst are: Black Ops, Black Ops 2, World at War, COD4 (I played this one the least), MW2, MW3.

Perhaps it's just the way I play, maybe it's because I play objective base game modes, but I never quite gel with Infinity Ward COD games.

So here we go, first the worst stuff (all in just my opinion other opinions are available!):

- The maps. The maps are huge! I mean really massive, it feels like playing Battlefield and you're expecting to see other players in maps. It takes ages to run from one side to another, it's like a military marathon simulator! I understand that nextgen consoles (PS4 and Xbox One) will support 9v9 in COD Ghosts and the maps are probably fine for 18 players. But they are way too big for 12, which means that Activision and IW have really short changed their loyal fan base on current gen consoles. Also I'm not sure why there is no 9v9 game mode previous CODs had Ground War which supported 18 players, it really feels like developer laziness to me.
    - No tactical insertion. I realise that this is a matter of choice, but I love the tac insert and when you’re playing objective game modes, I think it’s a must have on your loadout. However couple the huge maps with no tac insert and domination becomes a very dull game mode. Spawn at the back of the map, run for ages across the daft huge map towards B which you are losing to the opposition, get sniped by an unseen sniper, sigh and repeat…
    - No EMP grenade. There is a “9 Bang” which concusses enemy equipment, but you then still need to go and take the sentry gun or whatever out and I think the 9 Bang is so named because it takes 9 minutes to fully arm, by which time you have generally been killed.
    - No Ping Lag indicator on the score screen. I have also maintained that if you have a good ping, you’re going to have a good gaming experience. With all COD games (even my favourites) this has been a mixed experience as games are hosted on a players’ PS3 so sometimes you can have a great ping and other times awful but at least you could see how bad your ping was and then act accordingly. You might choose to leave if it doesn’t get better or play more defensively. In Ghosts IW Activision have simply removed the ping meter in a huge backwards step. Now you can’t see how bad things are!
    - No Theatre Mode! What?? Why? This is just total laziness there is no reason to remove this feature.
    - The minimap now seems to be all but useless. The new stackable UAV (Satcom) system means that there is generally nothing to see on the map. The UAV has always been a hugely powerful killstreak and in Ghosts it has been nerfed in a horrid way.

On the positive side, I have enjoyed:

- The hit detection hit box seems better than other CODs.
    - The gunplay is good and plays a lot like COD4.
    - There are some interesting decent gameplay modes.
    - The player setup, amount of options and sheer number of perks available is impressive.
    - The Squads mode and Extinction modes are both fun.
    - I’ve heard single player campaign is ok but I never bother with COD campaigns.

Overall if you’re a sniper or a camper this is a good COD for you. Also if you’re a very fast twitchy player that can run and gun with a high KD and you have a good net connection, then you will probably enjoy this.

Also I think the experience may be slightly different on nextgen consoles with 9v9 modes.

Personally this is the last Infinity Ward COD I will be buying, this and MW3 have been hugely disappointing for me. From now on I will be buying a COD every other year when Treyarch brings one out ;-)

Hope this review is helpful.
  80. Nov 20, 2013
    I am a Big COD Online player, Conclusion Online Ghost is very bad... Maps to big, weapons bad.. engine is exactly the same as MW3 (that was also a very bad Online game) My Opinion is Black Ops all the Way!!
    Black op 1 and 2 was the best online shooters of all Plz gamers continue to play Black Ops 2 so I am!!
  81. Nov 26, 2013
    Personally I loved every other Call of Duty, generally all had a relatively good campaign, good multiplayer, and good graphics for their generation, but this one seems to fall back on dedicated fans to simply buy the game because its the newest edition in the long run of COD games. The campaign is lazy, simply using this as a basis for a sequel, Also moving into the general title andPersonally I loved every other Call of Duty, generally all had a relatively good campaign, good multiplayer, and good graphics for their generation, but this one seems to fall back on dedicated fans to simply buy the game because its the newest edition in the long run of COD games. The campaign is lazy, simply using this as a basis for a sequel, Also moving into the general title and belief that you might act like a "ghost", its just wrong, this game has less stealth than Left for Dead simply run in and shoot is not only the best option but your only option (excluding a few remote control devices and a drone. The drone is the dog Riley. There is no emotional attachment to the characters willing me to play on to 'see what happens'. and the multiplayer just isn't as action packed as its predecessors using maps which are far too open for anything intriguing to happen, probably just trying to show off next gen hardware. The only redeeming quality is that it is from the COD franchise and you can still have a bit off fun with friends, but for the solo gamer I would avoid it like the plague. Expand
  82. Nov 30, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts lived up to my expectations (Which were low) ,It had some Good and Bad things to the game.

Campaign: Was Mediocre I won't spoil anything but I have to say that it's not that exciting,plus gotta love how they say Fish A.I is next gen. Multiplayer: Nothing to special, If you liked MW3 You're definitely gonna love this part of the game my first reaction "MW3 with a

Multiplayer: Nothing to special, If you liked MW3 You're definitely gonna love this part of the game my first reaction "MW3 with a paint job :)"
    (Loved the trailer for multiplayer probably because of Eminem-Survival).

Extinction/ Sqauds: Saved the game for me. NUFF SAID

Verdict: 5/10
  83. Dec 22, 2013
    I have a lot of mixed emotions about this game. It just seems like there is so much bullcrap. There are very few hit-markers, which isnt so bad, but there is absolutely no chance for you if you get shot from the side or from behind. And then the dogs.. 5-kill streak, you get a dog, and that thing is so annoying.. i play this game daily and it seems like its getting worse as the days go by.I have a lot of mixed emotions about this game. It just seems like there is so much bullcrap. There are very few hit-markers, which isnt so bad, but there is absolutely no chance for you if you get shot from the side or from behind. And then the dogs.. 5-kill streak, you get a dog, and that thing is so annoying.. i play this game daily and it seems like its getting worse as the days go by. I would not recommend this game to a friend. Expand
  84. Mar 7, 2014
    The game isn't as bad as many people are saying. Some drastic improvements have been made, during in game, they've worked on weapon balance, spawns, etc.

But even though they tried COD: Ghost is still yet another game like the rest of the Call of Duty series, It's been copy and pasted, and given a few improvements. I played a decent amount of the game, but after about 4-5 hours

I played a decent amount of the game, but after about 4-5 hours online I began to find that the game is just to repetitive, which now it's just left with the rest of the games I got bored of.

COD: Ghost could have been an awesome game! But again the developers got lazy, and just stayed to the same formula(Which is good yes! But after 5 or 6 of the same games with the exact same formula, it's time for an improvement! In example: Valve does a good job with keeping the same formula, but making each of there games fascinating at the same time) In all, I suggest you just wait until the price drops, since $60 is way over priced for a game that's only been slightly improved.
  85. Mar 18, 2014
    I'm not going to sigh in disgust at a game that presents itself fairly well and provides a good few hours of entertainment. And that's where it falls of its pedestal. After trying the multiplayer demo over the weekend the thrill had gone and I had no desire to carry on with the multiplayer. I found that when I was about to go back on it I was asking myself "why are you not playingI'm not going to sigh in disgust at a game that presents itself fairly well and provides a good few hours of entertainment. And that's where it falls of its pedestal. After trying the multiplayer demo over the weekend the thrill had gone and I had no desire to carry on with the multiplayer. I found that when I was about to go back on it I was asking myself "why are you not playing Assassin's Creed or Battlefield". In other words what this game needs to do well is no other games in the entire world that are good. Then I'll play it again. But until that fateful day there are just too many other good alternatives to distract me. Some may say to do the single player campaign, but from the perspective of a guy who's played every CoD campaign since Finest Hour, I find myself asking "How different can this one really be?". Oh the enemies are speaking Brazilian? Yawn. At first they were speaking German, then Russian, then German again, then English. Some re-textured enemies are not going to convince me to fork out £40 on a mediocre (at best) game. And the campaigns all have the same structure. Lot's of death, a big explosion, another big explosion, a big gun you get to play with for 30 seconds and to finish off the level a big death filled explosion. Pretty much anything that will attract the attention of any adolescent teenager within a five mile radius. It's silly, over the top action that you could get from an 80's movie. Now, I'm not saying by any means that Battlefield 4's single player is any better because it's not. Or the fact that Assassin's Creed 4's multiplayer is better, because it's not. But switch them around and you have two longer term alternatives (AC4 offers a breath taking single player experience and Battlefield has enough of a reputation online to speak for itself). Ghosts is an average game and in a market where there are not stunning, ground breaking games coming out on a regular basis, I just don't see the appeal in a game where the main new feature is women followed by fish that get out of your way... Expand
  86. Mar 27, 2014
    Objectively it's a good game. It's fun and anyone can pick it up and have fun playing it because it's so simple. However that is one of its main issues. The game can get repetitive and boring after a while of playing online and the campaign is too easy it feels like i'm strapped into a roller coaster. It's a nice how you can be going guns blazing at one point in space and then go allObjectively it's a good game. It's fun and anyone can pick it up and have fun playing it because it's so simple. However that is one of its main issues. The game can get repetitive and boring after a while of playing online and the campaign is too easy it feels like i'm strapped into a roller coaster. It's a nice how you can be going guns blazing at one point in space and then go all silent spec ops killing dudes quietly, but I feel as if though I got no control. It feels like if it's all done for me and i'm just supposed to watch. It's too linear and scripted. The story is a bit weird too. I feel as though i'm the bad guy. I mean the U.S builds a doomsday device in space and the world is supposed to do nothing while the U.S. has a doomsday device hanging over everyone's heads. Also the countries fighting you have a good reason to fight you. They had been oppressed, impoverished, and exploited by the U.S for years. This game just feel like a cliche patriotic xenophobic movie like Rockie IV. Expand
  87. May 3, 2014
    I have waited for so long for that game and when i tried it i was so disappointed about it.There was a lot of good critics about it,so i wanted to buy it.The graphics of the guns are really ugly and the gold colour ew!The campaign is actually pretty good but the online play is just really weird ant the modes are not good at all.
  88. Apr 9, 2014
    To be honest,I had high expectations for this game but it went down the drain. The maps are too damn big and the storyline seems stupid if they're not making another ghost cod ghost 2. There's also a lot of glitches. But the multiplayer is sort of fun. That's why I rated this a 5,not a 2 or 3.
  89. Aug 9, 2014
    This is perhaps the worst game in Call of Duty history. Despite an improvement in Multiplayer functions, "Ghosts" singleplayer is the same Linear based formula that got old after Black Ops. It's Extinction Mode is clearly derivative, seemingly ripping off Treyarch's Zombie Mode, and incorporating themes from the "Alien" series of movies into the game. The DLC is whimsical and stupid, andThis is perhaps the worst game in Call of Duty history. Despite an improvement in Multiplayer functions, "Ghosts" singleplayer is the same Linear based formula that got old after Black Ops. It's Extinction Mode is clearly derivative, seemingly ripping off Treyarch's Zombie Mode, and incorporating themes from the "Alien" series of movies into the game. The DLC is whimsical and stupid, and not worth the money. You'd be better off buying Battlefield 4, because I guarantee you will be disappointed by this lackluster title to the Call of Duty franchise. Expand
  90. Sep 6, 2014
    Well, lets get started on ghosts, The story sucked ass... Lets be honest, The graphics where better than black ops 2 but pretty damn crap considering when this game was made. The Multi-player was fun for an hour, the only fun thing I find doing on it is on local split screen, me and my friend verses 10 enemy bots, the max of bots you can have.
  91. Oct 7, 2014
    The multiplayer is fine and fun to play with friends, but not nearly as good as Bo2. The campaign had a cool story but a little disappointing. It's a good game, but just disappointing.
  92. Oct 19, 2014
    The gameplay is decent, I'm not concerned about the "repetitive" parts, however the reason to give this game this score is the people that plays this game, this game is suppose to be for people from 17 and on, but the mainly "persons" that play this game are Kids from 8-11, so this is becoming annoying because they don't know what exactly the goal of the game is.
  93. Nov 6, 2014
    The game is overall ok. But its story mode sucks to the core. The multiplay is awesome except the extinction and squads. The graphics are good but the best the COD games are COD 4 Modern warfare and COD Black ops 2. It seems that COD Advanced warfare is awesome. Anyways this game sucks a little bit.
    I suggest you to the best COD games as I said. The guns in this game are nice but the guns in the other games are ok.
    There are big maps in this game and nice suits.The games worth it are Batman Arkham City , Assassins creed 2 and 3 and Batman Arkham Origins.
  94. Nov 9, 2014
    Didn't really like this game. I want my COD in the present day combat mode. Present day weapons, incidents, places and in the present day time-line. Or scenarios from the past like WWII or something would fare better for me than this futuristic story-lines.
  95. Feb 12, 2015
    I really think that this is the worst Call of Duty ever. I like the multiplayer and the graphics but I hate Extinction mode. And the story of the campaign. If Ghosts 2 comes out, I'm not buying it
  96. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  97. May 12, 2015
    Of all the Call Of Duties I've played this is the most disappointing so far. The campaign was excessively bland, with dull characters, overpowered weaponry, stupid enemy AI, and occasional bugs during gameplay, and the ending was absolutely moronic and nonsensical. The multiplayer was mediocre but not unbearable to play but it did result in the usual cheap deaths that us CoD fans have comeOf all the Call Of Duties I've played this is the most disappointing so far. The campaign was excessively bland, with dull characters, overpowered weaponry, stupid enemy AI, and occasional bugs during gameplay, and the ending was absolutely moronic and nonsensical. The multiplayer was mediocre but not unbearable to play but it did result in the usual cheap deaths that us CoD fans have come to expect, the killstreaks were unimpressive and dull. Extinction, however was suprisingly fun and incredibly intense especially later on. But overall aside from Extinction Mode, Call Of Duty:Ghosts is a uninspired and predictable entry in the CoD canon. Final score 48/100 Expand
  98. Feb 16, 2016
    Ghosts is the last CoD I bought, I wish it was Black Ops II. The game itself is not bad, but certainly disappointing, even more than MW3.

Campaign is nothing special in relation to past games, the story is not that memorable and while it's a bit longer than other campaigns, it doesn't feel fresh or interesting when you finish it. Multiplayer has now become a rehash from previous

Multiplayer has now become a rehash from previous CoDs, the only new addition is... a slide. The character customization is pointless, you have never been able to see your character in CoD and you neither can now, so why bother in customize it? Pointless DLC. A wolf skin for the dog? What's that about?

Extinction is probably the best thing in the game, innovative and fun to play, also very difficult and challenging. I didn't buy any DLC so I couldn't try the extra maps.

But after a month or two I never played Ghosts again. The game is just boring. Sure like once or twice a yearI can play the extinction map again. But honestly I won't come back to anything else. I do not recommend to buy this game at full price. If you find it like for 10 bucks and with DLC included, and you care about extinction, sure give it a try. But overall not a great game.
  99. Feb 7, 2014
    Most definitely the weakest in the series by far, limited weapons, dreary killstreaks, uninspiring level design, appalling respawns and latency issues when 2 people are firing at one another as shown through the killcam.Some of the killstreaks are stupidly overpowered like the guard dog which is ridiculously resilient which makes you wonder if your body armour is made of paper, theMost definitely the weakest in the series by far, limited weapons, dreary killstreaks, uninspiring level design, appalling respawns and latency issues when 2 people are firing at one another as shown through the killcam.Some of the killstreaks are stupidly overpowered like the guard dog which is ridiculously resilient which makes you wonder if your body armour is made of paper, the juggernauts are now stupidly tough to kill to the point where you might as well put the controller down and not bother. The squad mode and extinction add a little novelty to the game but even these additions aren't enough to save this cod, for fans of infinity ward stick to MW2 or MW3, for series fans in general stick to black ops 2 at least its fast paced and more interesting to play. Expand
  100. Nov 10, 2013
    Call of Duty: Ghosts is really not something to get overly excited about. The game looks the same like previous COD games you would think they would be creative maybe take some risks to improve overall gameplay.

From the start I was confused the first scene you run back home and see everything destroyed then you are in space woopy doo da. You shoot. Boom explosion you actually in space.you fall down to earth. Shooting more another explosion and your dead then you back on earth holy that was confusing.

Finally you get to play but if I'm not mistaken this looks very familiar that's because it is it looks the same like every other cod game ever made come on infinity ward.

The gameplay is good don't get me mistaken but it does feel the same as other cod games just with a different story. The graphics is nothing spectacular at all. The controls are good and very easy to get use too.

The only wow thing about this is the fact you have a Dog come here boy good boy. Otherwise it is another it is just an average game that looks and feels the same every time a new cod is released.

At this rate Call of Duty is dying a slow painful death. I don't think this deserves a 0 nor does it deserve a 10.

1. Nov 18, 2013
    COD players, myself included, will still play Ghosts for the sake of having 20 or so new maps to play on over the course of the year, but in a franchise that’s the same year after year with slight changes, it’s reasonable to expect things to materially improve, not to take even a small step backwards.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    After loving the campaign in Black Ops 2, the single player in Ghosts feels like a step back for the series. The campaign felt tiresome, familiar, predictable and linear. The multiplayer on the other hand, saves the day as the tweaks to the gameplay and the new games modes make this the best multiplayer COD experience to date.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    It's a generally by-the-numbers excursion through big-budget wartime set pieces that, due to an unavoidable air of familiarity, wares out its welcome much quicker than it should.