Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 PlayStation 3

6.3

Mixed or average reviews- based on 2076 Ratings

1. Nov 30, 2016
    una buena campaña, con algunas de las mejores misiones de la historia de los FPS, y otras misiones menos inspiradas para llevar una historia que no está del todo bien contada y estructurada

un modo cooperativo de lo mejor de la generación, especialmente las misiones inspiradas en el primer Modern Warfare

y un modo online que se empezó a romper con tantas rachas y ventajas
  2. Nov 12, 2016
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is a first-person shooter video game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision.

+ Campaign and Multiplayer
    - Bad AI
    - Extremely short and Anti-Climatic Single Player Campaign
  3. Nov 10, 2016
    Absolutely unbelievable that some of you dumbasses cant tell a bad game from a good one. This was one of the best shooters if not THE BEST shooter ever f*cking made. It was incredibly balanced for people of any play type, sure it had its issues of one man army abusing and noob tube spamming but that really wasnt a huge issue .. at least for me it wasnt lol. It seems like the people whoAbsolutely unbelievable that some of you dumbasses cant tell a bad game from a good one. This was one of the best shooters if not THE BEST shooter ever f*cking made. It was incredibly balanced for people of any play type, sure it had its issues of one man army abusing and noob tube spamming but that really wasnt a huge issue .. at least for me it wasnt lol. It seems like the people who review the game low just purely sucked ass at it and i mean MAJOR ass. The game didnt require a lot of skill to play but for the most part people were just horrible at it idk why yet they love the newer garbage COD's and even plagued the remastered COD4 with their inability to use skill such as camping 24/7 and preaiming around every corner. This game and Black Ops 1 were the last COD's to have people actually run around and use tactics rather than everyone playing the same. MW2 was just so addicting to a T, extremely fun to play, and had a great story, maps, gameplay, and SO much more. 10/10 every other opinion is invalid at this point. Hopefully in the remaster you skilless hacks wont ruin another classic like you did to COD4 Remastered. Expand
  4. Jul 4, 2016
    Excelente titulo da franquia,apesar de não nada de inovador,esse COD conseguiu fazer algo difícil...o simples ficar divertido...e o modo online é bem atraente.
  5. Jun 25, 2016
    This game was awesome. Yes there were many parts especially in the multiplayer that made me want to pull my hair out but it had a lot of positives. It had a very memorable campaign mode. It also had a very high adrenaline multiplayer mode stacked with competitive players ready to gun each other down either tactically or ruthlessly. The new perks and kill streaks without a doubt added toThis game was awesome. Yes there were many parts especially in the multiplayer that made me want to pull my hair out but it had a lot of positives. It had a very memorable campaign mode. It also had a very high adrenaline multiplayer mode stacked with competitive players ready to gun each other down either tactically or ruthlessly. The new perks and kill streaks without a doubt added to this experience. Spec-Ops was pretty fun too. It was also an incredibly addictive game as a whole. Spent months on this game alone.

Whether you like it or not, this title was and still is globally recognised for its impact on the FPS gaming industry. Perhaps not a revolutionary game, but as much as I wanted to break my TV screen with my controller, I cannot deny that I had so much fun with it. A fantastic game with some small, deeply frustrating segments.
  6. Jun 10, 2016
    Had this game been patched/supported by Activision and Infinity Wards post-launch this game could've been easily a 9. While they did patch some things like the Javelin glitch and Akimbo 1889s they still left the glaring issue of infinite danger-close grenade launchers unattended amongst other things, which for such a huge (if not THE hugest) AAA shooter is inexcusable. On theHad this game been patched/supported by Activision and Infinity Wards post-launch this game could've been easily a 9. While they did patch some things like the Javelin glitch and Akimbo 1889s they still left the glaring issue of infinite danger-close grenade launchers unattended amongst other things, which for such a huge (if not THE hugest) AAA shooter is inexcusable. On the single-player side of things, the plot makes almost zero sense.

On a positive note the game looks fantastic for a 60fps game, and in my opinion the best looking Call of Duty until Advanced Warfare came out (yes I believe it looks better than Ghosts on PS4). The soundtrack by Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe is excellent too. While the campaign story is full of plot-holes the missions themselves are fun to play, as is the Spec Ops mode. And despite the multilplayer being horribly unbalanced, it is very satisfying and addicting when things go your way.
  7. May 7, 2016

+ Good Campaign
    + Excellent Multiplayer
  8. Apr 16, 2016
    Graphic: 8/10
    Sound: 9/10
    + exciting story, great multiplayer, co-op special missions, smooth animation (60fps), huge weapon arsenal - sometimes blurry textures, quick scope with sniper is too strong (multiplayer) Conclusion: After MW brought the FPS genre to a new level of fast paced game play, the next episode has to climb a big number, and with MW2 the franchise does it. The
    Graphic: 8/10
    Sound: 9/10

Conclusion: After MW brought the FPS genre to a new level of fast paced game play, the next episode has to climb a big number, and with MW2 the franchise does it. The story plot is good, it´s the same quality like in MW, after 6-10 h you´ll see the credits and after this, they are tons of options to enjoy MW2. Like the spec ops co-op missions, or the massive multiplayer (with very good maps), in which you have to invest several hundred hours to reach prestige 10. They are more than fifteen online modes, and specifically with a 6 gamer friendliest lobby, modes like s&d or hq is pure fun.
  9. Apr 11, 2016
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is a pretty good game that was unfortunately stuck in the role of the bastard stepchild. It fell prey to the pitfalls of most sequels: most notably that developers simply tried too hard to top the original. That was a mountain to climb, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is deserving of its unofficial title of the best shooter this generation. As a resul
  10. Mar 8, 2016
    This is the most broken call of duty I have ever played. The additions from the first game are awful. This game is what set the standard to to the BS FPS games that come out today. If I could ever erase any game from history, it would be MW2.
  11. Feb 14, 2016
    Modern Warfare 2 is definitely one of the best CoD out there, it offers one of the best campaigns in the series with very likeable characters from CoD4 and new ones that you're going to love along with the story that's a lot of fun in multiple parts of the world.

The multiplayer is great and very addictive, and sure as all multiplayer games it'll have it's problems with annoying players and all, but truly, you can't avoid any of that to happen. Still there are some unbalanced weapons or attachments (noob tube) and even scorestreaks (tactical nuke) that can be rather annoying to some players and lower the gaming experience.

The new feature that was Spec Ops was fenomenal; a lot of fun for challenging missions, and even more if you play with a friend.

All in all, one of the best FPS out there and nowadays worth buying as it's way more cheaper and can still be enjoyable, even more than the newer CoDs.
  12. Jan 25, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To say that this game is good is a huge understatement this is without a doubt one of the most enjoyable games that I have ever played. The fourth mission of the game No Russian his highly controversial a terrorist attack at an airport a mission you can skip but one of the most simple missions on the game. There will be people who will enjoy Shepherd's death at the end of the game but hating the main antagonist means the game has been done well. In a recap a truly phenomenal game. Expand
  13. Jan 6, 2016
    Modern Warfare 2 is not only the greatest Call of Duty game ever made, it is the best first person shooter in history. Modern Warfare 2 takes the positives from the hugely successful COD 4, and enhances them whilst adding brilliant innovations. Whilst the campaign is jaw dropping and one of the best in the COD franchise, it is the online multiplayer side of the game that it excels at.Modern Warfare 2 is not only the greatest Call of Duty game ever made, it is the best first person shooter in history. Modern Warfare 2 takes the positives from the hugely successful COD 4, and enhances them whilst adding brilliant innovations. Whilst the campaign is jaw dropping and one of the best in the COD franchise, it is the online multiplayer side of the game that it excels at. Vibrant maps, awesome weapons to unlock, and gameplay that allowed for various styles of plays to work successfully, ensure that MW2 was one of the best online games ever made. It is truly this game that made Call of Duty the biggest gaming franchise ever made. Expand
  14. Dec 11, 2015
    The definitive COD experience and the best in the series. The story still doesn't make a whole lot of sense and the graphics haven't been improved a lot, but you can tell a lot of work went into making this game. The campaign is a lot of fun and the level and weapons design kick ass. Much better than that black ops crap. Also the most challenging cod to complete on a harder difficultyThe definitive COD experience and the best in the series. The story still doesn't make a whole lot of sense and the graphics haven't been improved a lot, but you can tell a lot of work went into making this game. The campaign is a lot of fun and the level and weapons design kick ass. Much better than that black ops crap. Also the most challenging cod to complete on a harder difficulty setting so be warned! Expand
  15. Nov 19, 2015
    This series was excellent and well done. The first was great, and 2 surpassed it. They added new content and challenges that kept me trying to perfect the same missions I have played over and over again for over 2 years. I would buy this game again, if I only had a second system to play it on (it is that good).
  16. Nov 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yet another classic masterpiece of first person shooters and one to be remembered forever. Modern Warfare 2 follows from the events of Modern Warfare 1 which puts you back on the American and British side to fight the second Soviet Russia and the main villain Vladimir Makarov, only then to be thrown into the enemy frontline seeing armies rise and cities fall. The campaign once again nails the balance of brilliant story telling and amazing gameplay, making us fall for our brothers in arms and save our dying world at the same time. Definitely one better than its big brother Call of Duty 4 and forever shall this remain in the gaming heart. Expand
  17. Oct 12, 2015
    This game is just perfect, good gameplay, "good"story, excellent multiplayer, violence,blood and the the best thing is tha tif you finish the story mode, you can do a lot of things, like finish the "special ops" and get all the levels in the multiplayer mode.
  18. Oct 5, 2015
    MW2 is the epitome of Multiplayer. The most genius and addictive online experience you will ever play. Even years after its release I still compare every modern online shooter to MW2 and not one has come close. It is sad that the franchise has now died and only the memory of this wonderful masterpiece lingers, but if you were lucky enough to play this at the time of its popularity, like meMW2 is the epitome of Multiplayer. The most genius and addictive online experience you will ever play. Even years after its release I still compare every modern online shooter to MW2 and not one has come close. It is sad that the franchise has now died and only the memory of this wonderful masterpiece lingers, but if you were lucky enough to play this at the time of its popularity, like me you will never forget the joyful experience.

RIP COD. And thanks MW2 for the great memories.
  19. Sep 2, 2015
    after 5 years this game is still blows my mind. mw2 is fantasic, amazing cod ever made! sure mulitplayer is now broken because of one man army noob tubes. scavger makes more noob tubes, hackers and modders to danger close to commando. i hope infinty ward remaster this game for next gen consles! if not iw is dead to me.
  20. Jul 27, 2015
    The campaign was amazing and a much needed sequel to the CoD 4 campaign. However multiplayer has turned to crap lately. People abuse the Grenade Launchers FAR too much to even make the game enjoyable anymore online. The co-op mode is fun when playing with other people, and will give you a good chunk of enjoyment. The multiplayer is such a large factor in CoD, and the fact that it isThe campaign was amazing and a much needed sequel to the CoD 4 campaign. However multiplayer has turned to crap lately. People abuse the Grenade Launchers FAR too much to even make the game enjoyable anymore online. The co-op mode is fun when playing with other people, and will give you a good chunk of enjoyment. The multiplayer is such a large factor in CoD, and the fact that it is unplayable now is exactly why this score is so low. If it was playable, it would be a 9. Expand
  21. Jul 3, 2015
    Modern Warfare 2's campaign is as good as COD4's, maybe even better. The multiplayer is pretty bad for public matches, but as an eSports game, the MP is amazing.

(Played this in 2010, just now writing the review)
  22. Mar 6, 2015
    thought it was cool the way the story up so good that the game in Russian thought too violent polemical this map huh spec ops cool was good to play with friends and my father the best multiplayer yet
  23. Feb 23, 2015
    In my opinion, the last GREAT Call of Duty game. Campaign was on the short side but it was still good. But Multiplayer is still hell of fun, I still pick up this game from time to time. Spec Ops missions are fun but I highly recommend doing it with a friend.
  24. Jan 26, 2015
    Graphics:9/10
    Storyline:9/10
    Online Mode:8/10

Modern Warfare series have one of the best Call of Duty games storyline combined with funny coop missions and a good multiplayer.
  25. Jan 2, 2015
    Great game. Great weapons. Great maps. Good perks. Plenty to unlock. This game is extremely addicting. Maps like terminal are a joy to play in. There's akimbos which is good. The game is balanced.
  26. Dec 17, 2014
    MW2 is my favorite out of the six Call of Duty versions I own; I've been following this franchise since 2007 when MW1 was released. This sixth version of the series didn't miss it's target in any areas as a FPS game is concerned. The epic gameplay runs strong throughout the storyline, spec-ops is challenging and its in-depth multiplayer mode is what made it the best CoD in my opinionMW2 is my favorite out of the six Call of Duty versions I own; I've been following this franchise since 2007 when MW1 was released. This sixth version of the series didn't miss it's target in any areas as a FPS game is concerned. The epic gameplay runs strong throughout the storyline, spec-ops is challenging and its in-depth multiplayer mode is what made it the best CoD in my opinion despite the hackers ruining stats and cheating to this day. If it weren't for the cheaters I wouldn't have any problems giving it a perfect score of 10. Otherwise, there's a reason it earned Game of the Year in 2009. Expand
  27. Oct 9, 2014
    I would give 8, but it's full of hackers, each day the conection is worsrt. IW doesn't give a **** because they want you to buy the new **** cod, that actualy is the same **** because with more problems.
  28. Sep 30, 2014
    Another tremendous excursion and a worthwhile sequel to the first Modern Warfare. Sure, there are recycled sections and there is nothing ground breaking like the first, but it's a must-have for FPS & CoD fans.
  29. Sep 27, 2014
    A día de hoy para mi es el mejor COD. Tiene la campaña que mas me gusta de la saga, breve como de costumbre pero muy muy intensa, un modo coop. con misiones correcto y un multijugador genial. Si no fuera por los hackers que hay hoy en día lo jugaría con mas regularidad, pero aun así no puedes poner una nota baja por eso, el juego en sí es muy bueno.Un shooter adictivo como pocos.
  30. Sep 7, 2014
    this game is a treasure which belongs in the hall of FPS for sure. This is a good fairly fast paced game with fair customizations. COD is known for their multiplayer but the campaign is a great play to.

Modern Warfare 2 crosses into the must-have category of video games effortlessly. It offers an unmatched shooter experience, a compelling story mode, a slick package of mini missions and a multiplayer which is pretty much unparalleled in depth.
    Modern Warfare 2 offers epic gameplay, a stunning Spec-Ops mode and a huge amount of adrenaline.
  3. Despite certain controversial elements, this game is an FPS fan’s dream. Game of the Year? Hell, yeah!