Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 PlayStation 3

3.2

1. Oct 6, 2012
    Whilst this game is, without a doubt, an enjoyable experience, it fails to bring anything new or fresh to this legendary franchise. The campaign had high moments but was less emotionally significant and enjoyable than its predecessors. The special ops mode was a little innovative with its survival mode, however it felt like a weak copy of the Treyarch zombies mode, but the missions wereWhilst this game is, without a doubt, an enjoyable experience, it fails to bring anything new or fresh to this legendary franchise. The campaign had high moments but was less emotionally significant and enjoyable than its predecessors. The special ops mode was a little innovative with its survival mode, however it felt like a weak copy of the Treyarch zombies mode, but the missions were easy and not particularly fun. The multiplayer was almost like an expansions to Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer, as it brought nearly nothing new to the table. Overall this game is a decent installment in the Call of Duty franchise but it suggests that the franchise is perhaps beginning to be consumed by age. Expand
  2. Aug 13, 2012
    Look, people, if you have Modern Warfare 2, than there is no reason to buy Modern Warfare 3. It's just a shame that this game is officially a full game. MW3 is more like an expansion. But, still It's really fun. Campaign It's great, as always, because is a COD. And the multiplayer is addictive fun, but completely the same as MW2. Even the graphics are the same. This "expansion" is fairLook, people, if you have Modern Warfare 2, than there is no reason to buy Modern Warfare 3. It's just a shame that this game is officially a full game. MW3 is more like an expansion. But, still It's really fun. Campaign It's great, as always, because is a COD. And the multiplayer is addictive fun, but completely the same as MW2. Even the graphics are the same. This "expansion" is fair from my opinion, but I'm really disappointed. 64 out of 100 Expand
  3. Sep 29, 2012
    Let me get things straight. It's not as good as some people say, and it's not as bad as other people say. On the negative side, it changes almost nothing since MW2, every map is designed to have one or multiple camping spots or unfair peeps and holes for noobs, the community is filled with crying children and the perks, weapons and killstreaks are pretty unbalanced. On the positive side,Let me get things straight. It's not as good as some people say, and it's not as bad as other people say. On the negative side, it changes almost nothing since MW2, every map is designed to have one or multiple camping spots or unfair peeps and holes for noobs, the community is filled with crying children and the perks, weapons and killstreaks are pretty unbalanced. On the positive side, the controls are great, the "feel" is great, it continues the plot and ends it (I hope so) and the spec ops will last a bit. Overall, it's in between OK and mediocre. I don't think it belongs the amount of attention it has and some people either just like or hate this too much. I just hope that COD and military shooters in general becomes a thing of the past after the next generation because they are getting stale. Expand
  4. Oct 1, 2012
    good game, irregular conexion and killstreaks too much... 10 to compensate bad score
    great sequel but no innovation and seem an expansive to mw2. but the game isn't for 3,2 user score
  5. Oct 6, 2012
    I Kinda enjoyed the game, it´s not like the previous game, which i played ALOT more.
    But this game somehow let me down in the multiplayer, it somewhat pisses me off, that most people only care about Multi-Player, and less about Single-Player~
    However, Single-Player mode did definitly not let me down! I enjoyed it 100% It had an great ending, and good action, if it were´nt for Single-Player, i would have rated the game 3 or Less.
  6. Oct 8, 2012
    I don't play online multiplayer, but from what I've played of the Single Player and the Spec Ops, I can say that this game is at least a solid FPS. It's not ground breaking, but it can provide a good amount of entertainment. I wouldn't say it is worth $60 + however much all the DLC costs, but it's still at least entertaining. It is very similar to previous games, but if you can get pastI don't play online multiplayer, but from what I've played of the Single Player and the Spec Ops, I can say that this game is at least a solid FPS. It's not ground breaking, but it can provide a good amount of entertainment. I wouldn't say it is worth $60 + however much all the DLC costs, but it's still at least entertaining. It is very similar to previous games, but if you can get past that, it's worth checking out. Expand
  7. Oct 13, 2012
    More of the same and i'm glad that it is so. Loved every single one that i've played so far. Only negative point. The campaign could be a little more difficult.
  8. Oct 30, 2012
    It's a good game but Infinity Ward brings nothing new to the table. I felt like I was playing the same missions from MW2. It's time for something new.
  9. Nov 3, 2012
    The call of duty series has amassed a lot of haters the last few years. The series does not change alot from game to game but not every game that comes out can be a brand new experience. I am a fan of FPS games and I enjoy the call of duty series. Modern warfare 3 does not do much different from the previous games but it is still a good game with a fun campaign and some awesome times withThe call of duty series has amassed a lot of haters the last few years. The series does not change alot from game to game but not every game that comes out can be a brand new experience. I am a fan of FPS games and I enjoy the call of duty series. Modern warfare 3 does not do much different from the previous games but it is still a good game with a fun campaign and some awesome times with multiplayer. The last thing I want to say if the call of duty series has so many people that hate it why is it still the best selling series year after year and the most played game online. Seems strange huh. Expand
  10. Nov 10, 2012
    i think the call of duty collection should stop making games, the first call of duty games is really fun and fresh but now is the same thing, shooting people and i was expecting something new but i think i would rather play battlefield instead of the same thing over and over again
  11. Nov 13, 2012
    Being the leading FPS selling game there must be something in the CoD series that people like. Myself i am struggling to see what everyone else sees. There has been no huge advancement in the last few itterations and that is what dissapoints me the most. CoD gets fantastic sales from banging out the same thing each year and while i agree with the philosophy 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'Being the leading FPS selling game there must be something in the CoD series that people like. Myself i am struggling to see what everyone else sees. There has been no huge advancement in the last few itterations and that is what dissapoints me the most. CoD gets fantastic sales from banging out the same thing each year and while i agree with the philosophy 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' i would still like to see more. I have not gone through the campaign and i have only brought this game for the muliplayer as my friends do not play anything else. The multiplayer is fun, gameplay is good but i just don't feel enthused anytime i put this game in to play. I want more from CoD Expand
  12. Nov 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Guns that take more bullets than it would take rocks to kill a man, spawn rapes, under powered explosives and... well... THEY KILLED SOAP!! So yeah, don't play it... I mean, if they at least made people get knocked down from bullets or even flinch the TINIEST bit, then MAYBE it would be SOMETHING like realistic. Plus they need to turn up the damage on bullets and explosives, make knifing get a cool animation so it doesn't look like your trying to open a door when you stab someone. Expand
  13. Mar 16, 2017
    After Black Ops, this felt more like a step backwards than a step forwards. The singleplayer campaign feels very generic and outlandish, while the multiplayer maps aren't particularly fun.
  14. Mar 5, 2013
    Awesome maps, nice basic weapons and loadouts, smooth gameplay, nice options for killstreaks, portable radar. Not sure what people dislike about the game. Loses points for server problems and a single player game that is a giant stepdown from MW2.
  15. Oct 12, 2014
    I'm seeing extremism here. The game isn't bad, so stop giving it bad scores. Yet, this is almost the same game from 2009 (MW2), so it's definitely not a game to be awarded Game of the Year or something.

The story takes place right after MW2 left off. Most of the time, you play as Yuri, a member of TF141 and Frost, a Delta Force operative. WWIII has broken out, and it's up to you to find the man responsible for it, Makarov. Soap and Captain Price returns, and since is the final chapter in the MW series, you'll see how it all concludes. Honestly, only those who played the previous games will enjoy it. Everyone else will have no idea what's going on.

Multiplayer is the same thing from previous games. You have now "Support" streaks, where if you die, you don't lose your streak; it carries over between deaths. The problem is that it's said to help your team, but one "Support" streak is a Stealth bomber, which hurts the other team. That's supposed to be in the "Assault" streaks, which is the traditional killstreak structure. Nothing else much here.

What I did like though is "Survival" mode, where you must fend off waves of enemies on various maps. I spent most of my time, here. But this wasn't enough to justify the $60 price tag when it came out.

Call of Duty does the same thing year after year; it's not worth paying $60, but now it's cheap; a new one is now like $20. I think that a perfect price for this game, so go get it.
  16. Jun 17, 2015
    Overall, MW3 was nothing you wouldn't expect. Essentially a long DLC for MW2, this game tried its best to bank on the success of its predecessor Modern Warfare 2. A largely unchanged HUD, static multiplayer experience, uninspired campaign, and barely improved graphics make the $60 (if new) a hard sell.

Little new features like the hybrid scope and new "point" streaks allow Activision to save some face, but pale in comparison to the lack of improvement otherwise.

Gameplay-wise, the campaign felt (and looked) very similar to MW2. The plot brings a more-or-less satisfactory conclusion to the Modern Warfare story. For me at least, the MW3 campaign seriously lacked in memorability (while MW2's campaign was quite the opposite).

On the plus side, Spec-Ops is back, allowing for additional split-screen/multiplayer fun.

The critics will continue to praise this game tirelessly, but the regular gamers have said it all. I don't believe MW3 deserves a 0, but I can understand why that particular rating is so popular here.
  17. Sep 27, 2013
    MW3 is a really fun game, the story has many missions that take place all around the globe, the story mode is solid, although the ending was okay at best. The gameplay is great. The Spec Ops mode is really addicting and fun, the multiplayer is solid and the graphics are amazing. This is a great addition to the Call of Duty franchise.
  18. Nov 1, 2013
    I don't get the hate of the series. It is what all video games are supposed to be, it is fun. When people say that this game is the same as MW2, I get that point, but that doesn't mean to have attitude like a preschooler. I like this game, but that doesn't mean I get bashed on like I did 9/11.
  19. Dec 12, 2013
    It's multiplier gameplay falls short but this installment serves up the excitement and hype surrounding it. It's campaign is definitely flawed, but still passes. The main concern, however, is the lack of co-ops which causes this game to be more of a temporary delight that a long-term game to be played.
  20. Jan 11, 2014
    MW3 is surely the worst game I bought in ps3 up until today.All the gamers were saying that call of duty is excellent and you need to buy it.Before I played MW3 I have played MW2 & black ops with my friends and I wasn't impressed at all.MW3 has many many many many problems.The killstreaks were very annoying(especially attack helicopter).One helicopter in the sky just killing all the peopleMW3 is surely the worst game I bought in ps3 up until today.All the gamers were saying that call of duty is excellent and you need to buy it.Before I played MW3 I have played MW2 & black ops with my friends and I wasn't impressed at all.MW3 has many many many many problems.The killstreaks were very annoying(especially attack helicopter).One helicopter in the sky just killing all the people in every corner of the map(except from the people inside the buildings) and the user don't even control that helicopter, there's no skill in getting kills like these at all(it's really horrible). Also the maps were horrible.Not even one map was good.There were many glitches too(I hate when people get inside glitches and killing the other players and then feeling proud about theirselves).Missions and campaign wasn't good at all.The only mode that I liked was survival but I have played better survival modes such like U2 & U3 survival mode.And as always there wasn't any improvement in the graphics and the gameplay from the previous COD games.COD style is very annoying.You just spawn and shoot like a maniac.The maps are too little and desgined only for close-ranged battles and your health is too low.The result of this is that when you need to hide from someone or just stay in a place and use your sniper rifle there will be a guy behind you and backstabb you in about 10 seconds max.The only good thing about MW3 is the variety of weapons you can use.So can anyone tell me why COD MW3 is so famous and has so many earnings? Expand
  21. Aug 12, 2014
    I'm pretty sure anything can beat this entry to the Call of Duty canon. Stab me with a fork in my eyes and pour rubbing alcohol in them, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy myself more than I did while playing this game. "MW3" is 6 hours of pure torture, from start to finish. I understand that Infinity Ward was split up part way through the production, but come on. It's not that it makes a ton ofI'm pretty sure anything can beat this entry to the Call of Duty canon. Stab me with a fork in my eyes and pour rubbing alcohol in them, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy myself more than I did while playing this game. "MW3" is 6 hours of pure torture, from start to finish. I understand that Infinity Ward was split up part way through the production, but come on. It's not that it makes a ton of mistakes, it doesn't. The problem I have with the game is that it is derivative of the previous installment of "Modern Warfare 3" in every way possible. The cinematic thrills that fans have become accustomed to when playing Campaign are the same as "MW2". Your character gets shot a few times, gets stabbed, falls through a roof, gets attacked by dogs, but wait... Didn't this happen in the last game? Yes, it did. It's all the same. Adding a few new guns and perks doesn't make for a new experience online. The new Survival mode, which is an addition to the previous, and returning, Special Ops, is okay, but not nearly as good as Treyarch's "Zombie Mode", which this is attempting to replicate. It's a less then enjoyable experience, and you'd be better off getting Modern Warfare 2. Seriously, this game sucks. Expand
  22. Nov 2, 2014
    It's a good shooter. I like it. The campaign is actually pretty good. The plot is laughable but still I enjoyed playing it. The Special Ops are also pretty fun, and you can take a friend along to help you complete them (random online people or split screen). This is a nice touch that adds some replayability to the missions. Survival is okay but it gets tiresome after a while (one problemIt's a good shooter. I like it. The campaign is actually pretty good. The plot is laughable but still I enjoyed playing it. The Special Ops are also pretty fun, and you can take a friend along to help you complete them (random online people or split screen). This is a nice touch that adds some replayability to the missions. Survival is okay but it gets tiresome after a while (one problem is, it gets too difficult too quickly, so it's kind of frustrating). Now online play is pretty nice, you have like 13 out of 16 maps playable (for all I know they could be all playable on alternative modes), and they're all pretty great. Definitely much better than the maps on Black Ops 2. The weapons are all pretty balanced (I think it's only realistic that LMGs never get any use in the actual online play), and you rarely find cheaters so it's all pretty good. My only real complaint is lack of bots for single player, but I can live with that. Expand
  23. Jan 2, 2015
    Same **** game as MW2 and COD 4, just different maps(some reused). The graphics are worse, so are the maps and weapons. The game is not balanced. Campers will love this game. The only good thing is that its similar to mw2 but its a bit worse.
  24. Feb 23, 2015
    This was the last Call of Duty game that I enjoyed, everything after is complete crap. Campaign is short but is a satisfying experience and is the last campaign that I will ever pay attention to in COD.
  25. Mar 2, 2015
    amazing campaign in good time so that is very easy in less than a day zeroed the game and beautiful scenarios, addictive multiplayer epic characters but not that attracts and fa game, spec ops excellent but only for 2 players
  26. May 13, 2015
    Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3, whoever came with the Survival in this game is a moron. Survival was ridiculous and unfun. It just seems like a cash-in on the success of Zombies mode, and a terrible one at that. The Campaign was still satisfying and worthy of a second playthrough. The Multiplayer at least better than Black Ops's Multiplayer. Overall MW3 serves as a decent if confusedCall Of Duty Modern Warfare 3, whoever came with the Survival in this game is a moron. Survival was ridiculous and unfun. It just seems like a cash-in on the success of Zombies mode, and a terrible one at that. The Campaign was still satisfying and worthy of a second playthrough. The Multiplayer at least better than Black Ops's Multiplayer. Overall MW3 serves as a decent if confused conclusion to the Modern Warfare trilogy. Final score 64/100 Expand
  27. Jul 3, 2015
    It has a good campaign that ends the Modern Warfare trilogy and the story of Bravo Team and TF141. The multiplayer however is terrible. Atleast for PS3. The 360 version's MP is better.

(Played this when it came out, I'm just now writing the review)
  28. Aug 7, 2015
    Ok is this game built upon a solid foundations yes but unfortunately this call of duty sums it up copy and paste cod games it sad that even on the PS4 call of dutys little has changed while it's not all bad some coop missions keep things interesting but a bland story and some very underpowered weapons they may as well gave you air rifles also bland environments basically to be avoidOk is this game built upon a solid foundations yes but unfortunately this call of duty sums it up copy and paste cod games it sad that even on the PS4 call of dutys little has changed while it's not all bad some coop missions keep things interesting but a bland story and some very underpowered weapons they may as well gave you air rifles also bland environments basically to be avoid although the plat is very easy to get if you don't mind getting you character to lvl 50. I suggest Black Ops or MW2 if you have to absolutely have to play on a cod game or if you the more the ww2 kinda guy world at war. Expand
  29. Aug 30, 2015
    mw3 in mw2 bu with more grey its the same game every year only the campaing is good but the rest its pure garbage dont buy it rent it or anything else vote for your wallet
  30. Aug 31, 2015
    call of duty modern warfare 3 is an alright cod game. not really the best cod game but not the worst. mw3 campaign was great and the spec ops was amazing but the mulitplayer was dull and boring. it just felt like an addon on for mw2 i mean the graphics were the same the guns were the same. not really a big change for call of duty. if your a fan of call of duty. pick up bo1 or bo2 causecall of duty modern warfare 3 is an alright cod game. not really the best cod game but not the worst. mw3 campaign was great and the spec ops was amazing but the mulitplayer was dull and boring. it just felt like an addon on for mw2 i mean the graphics were the same the guns were the same. not really a big change for call of duty. if your a fan of call of duty. pick up bo1 or bo2 cause these game looked different or maybe pick up mw2 or waw or cod 4 cause those games were fantasic. Expand
  31. Sep 20, 2015
    This game is excellent.It may not have a good story but the gameplay is great.The action set-pieces make adrenaline rush inside of you. And those that give the game a 0 or a 3 are Battlefield fans to make others buy battlefield
  32. Nov 18, 2015
    One of the last great CoD games (in my opinion). Definitely a fun game and true to the MW games they produced, just a few more bells and whistles. I hope CoD gets back to this type of game soon.
  33. Dec 18, 2015
    Not sure why this game takes so much flak from users on here, it's definitely a great closer to the biggest gun series of the decade. Sure, there's not a whole lot different from MW2 but why mess with a winning formula? I'll say this though, this is either as good as MW2 if not even a hair better. If I could I would give it an 8.5 I would do so The graphics are very well done and areNot sure why this game takes so much flak from users on here, it's definitely a great closer to the biggest gun series of the decade. Sure, there's not a whole lot different from MW2 but why mess with a winning formula? I'll say this though, this is either as good as MW2 if not even a hair better. If I could I would give it an 8.5 I would do so The graphics are very well done and are easily the best in the series plus the additional game modes Special Ops gives it a ton of replay value, not too mention the fun multiplayer modes as well. Furthermore the MW games literally kill the crappy Black Ops series (one to be avoided!!). Overall I thought this game was a blast, the storyline doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense but they never do in COD games anyways. The best COD out there! Expand
  34. Jan 6, 2016
    Whilst Modern Warfare 3 acts as one of the weakest games of the franchise, the campaign makes for some epic moments. Following off two stunning Modern Warfare entries, the game had a lot to live up to. Whilst the campaign has its brilliant moments, the story feels far too familiar and anti-climatic and perhaps suffers by attempting to be too epic. The online side of the game feels like aWhilst Modern Warfare 3 acts as one of the weakest games of the franchise, the campaign makes for some epic moments. Following off two stunning Modern Warfare entries, the game had a lot to live up to. Whilst the campaign has its brilliant moments, the story feels far too familiar and anti-climatic and perhaps suffers by attempting to be too epic. The online side of the game feels like a downgraded version of Modern Warfare 2 unfortunately, particularly with a questionably dull colour scheme. Expand
  35. Jan 11, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok, so back in 2011 before release, I was very hyped for the game. I checked the news every day for it. And when It came out, I got it. I played it and realized ive wasted 20 hours of my life on what could be not only the worst CoD ever, but one of the worst games in general, on par with Sonic 2006.

Story: The campaign is one big hammer in the coffin for the CoD single player aspect due to how awful it is. It was only one big train wreck start to finish. There are no memeroable characters whatsoever in MW3. Even the returning ones like Soap and Price are reduced to generic clones and Soap took a major downfall in badassness due to **** story planning. The main protagonist is a terrible addition as Yuri is basically only an excuse for IW to not have you play as Soap or Price until the last level. The voice acting is bad and EVERY. SINGLE. Character sound like they all share the same voice actor. Soap gets killed of for no damn reason. There are more plot holes than swiss chesse. After 15 levels of Makarov and bad guys winning or escaping due to some asspull, the final level is a polished golden turd. While I do like PC speaking FOR ONCE because you play as Price, the level is a big mashup of random Michael Bay explosions, **** floors, random bizarre **** happining like asspulled nukecopters, and a stupid final fight which results in Yuri shooting Makarov 1000 times in the head before Makarov shooting Yuri to death so Price can kill Makarov in the most anti-climatic way possible. Not only that, but it ends there, providing ZERO after-ending and any fix in plot holes like what happened to Frost since he misteriously dissappears. Who wrote this? Helen Keller?

Co-op/spec-ops: What? Do people play it?

Graphics: Basically MW2 graphics with make up. The M4A1, however, looks uglier and resembles a gym member who never works his body or legs

Authenticy: IW seems to have done ZERO research on armies and weapons. No IW, Delta Force dosent use M16's. And Russian soldiers dont use AK47's anymore

Multiplayer: A big **** of unbalance, hackers and claustraphobic maps. The weapons and gear have zero balance so everything is a one hit kill from Type 95. This game is so easy to hack ive seen hacks on it regularly, Hell hacks have been freely given away like marijuana on several websites. Once I shot a god-moder 30 times with a UMP45. He ran at me with a knife. You can guess what happens next. Maps are **** small, smaller than Counter strike maps so IW can continue the dumb 6 vs 6 trend because they're **** and a bomber can kill off 75% of the map

What I hate the most are the fans who praise this as the best game of all time like Ocarina of Time. It bares a closer resemelence to turds like Ride to hell: Retribution or Sonic 2006. Its not as low as Big Rigs because Big Rigs has zero gameplay. I find Nicolas Cage marathons more pleasurable.

Sory CoDtards, no matter how much you polish a golden turd, a turd is still a turd

(sorry for being 5 years late, gotta be blunt with ya guys)
  36. Feb 16, 2016
    If we take MW3 as a game of its own, it is an excellent game.

The campaign is everything we could've asked for, the MW trilogy is the best CoD campaign. We see all of our favorite characters and the story is incredible and very fun to play. In story MW3 takes the cake. The multiplayer is very fun and much better than the mess that was Black Ops. It has some new modes that are a blast
    If we take MW3 as a game of its own, it is an excellent game.

The multiplayer is very fun and much better than the mess that was Black Ops. It has some new modes that are a blast to play, me and my friends always had a great time playing Infected, Money in the Denk for example. But it is very similar to MW2, and here goes the flaws of MW3.

While MW2 was an improvement from CoD4, MW3 it's MW2 all over again. The multiplayer is almost the same; the graphics, weapons, maps, there's really nothing that stands out from previous CoDs. And MW2's multiplayer is much more fun.

Spec Ops are nothing amazing, and it could get tiring after sometime. Survival is a bad rip-off from Zombies, and it doesn't have anything incredible to show.

I'd only recommend this game if you want to get into CoD and you find this at a reasonable price. If you own MW2, play that one a little more and it'll be like MW3.

All in all, is more like a disappointing game than a bad game.
  37. Apr 9, 2016
    Great fun game with new characters fun multiplayer and some people hate this game and I don't know why great multiplayer and fantastic single player and I may sound like a fanboy but I also play Battlefield. The only bad part is soap is dead :( fun game and I like the maps 100/100.
  38. May 13, 2016
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is a first-person shooter video game, developed by Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games, with development assistance from Raven Software, and published by Activision.

+ Good Campaign
    + Good Mutiplayer
    - More of the Same
  39. Jun 10, 2016
    If this game had righted all the wrongs of MW2 it wouldn't be so bad. But it does alot of things WORSE than the previous 2 in the trilogy. For starters the graphics look worse despite using the same engine. It's not as bad as Black Ops but definitely not as good looking as MW2. The missions are VERY samey throughout: just shoot people, move foward and occasionally hold the reload buttonIf this game had righted all the wrongs of MW2 it wouldn't be so bad. But it does alot of things WORSE than the previous 2 in the trilogy. For starters the graphics look worse despite using the same engine. It's not as bad as Black Ops but definitely not as good looking as MW2. The missions are VERY samey throughout: just shoot people, move foward and occasionally hold the reload button for a scripted event to happen. Or just follow NPCs in "stealth" missions that are just inferior versions of All Ghillied Up. The soundtrack is just plain dull. There are some cool sound effects during certain moments in the campaign but everything thing else sounds, again, dull, and unrealistic. The story is full of plot-holes AND less exciting than MW2, if that was even possible. The multiplayer fixes the issue of infinite grenade-launchers by making them borderline useless but yet has new annoying issues like Dead Man's Hand (if the Javeline glitch was a Deathstreak), unbalanced perks like Assassin and unbalanced weapons (everyone uses either the ACR or MP7 with Blindeye, Assassin and Stalker). There is a serious lack of variety of weapons in the campaign.

Is there anything good about this game? Well, there IS a fair amount of content even if it does feel like a rehash of everything that's come before. The Spec Ops missions are fun, the DLC is pretty decent (but that shouldn't count). There are a couple of interesting locations, and some cool gadgets like the Hybrid Sight and Trophy System.
  40. Nov 12, 2016

+ Good Campaign
    + Good Mutiplayer
    - More of the Sam
    - Bad AI
  41. Sep 13, 2016
    alot of peaple **** about this game dont lession to them i can tell this game is a realy exellent cod game the game had an a great multiplayer spiecal ops rocks its awsome espicaly the new survival mode and the ending badass the best cod ending in the franchise maybe the story is forgetable but still the mission in the campain are fun i enjoyed all of them they add new map great weaponalot of peaple **** about this game dont lession to them i can tell this game is a realy exellent cod game the game had an a great multiplayer spiecal ops rocks its awsome espicaly the new survival mode and the ending badass the best cod ending in the franchise maybe the story is forgetable but still the mission in the campain are fun i enjoyed all of them they add new map great weapon mods there even the cod elite alot of great stuff its not better than the legendary modern warfare 2 but still the game is blast Expand
  42. Nov 27, 2016
    I was not much into the COD series and started off with it recently. Modern warfare 3 was not impressive. The gameplay was simple, which is not really the issue. The storyline is weak and just tries to build upon where MW2 left off. Not too many weapons you could really browse through.

The end sequence was good and enjoyed that but otherwise througout the game, the storyline did not really keep me interested.
  43. Dec 3, 2016
    gran cierre de trilogía, ninguna misión brilla especialmente, pero todas son muy buenas y más largas de lo que nos tenía acostumbrada la saga
    a parte de enlazar perfectamente la historia de los 2 primeros, continúa con las misiones cooperativas, y además añade un modo supervivencia genial
    el multijugador está retocado y ya no es tan centrado en las rachas y ventajas como su predecesor
  44. Apr 3, 2017
    8.6 - Really good COD, multiplayer maps were well designed and creative, especially the DLC maps. Survival mode was fun and kinda cheap, and campaign was pretty standard. Weapons on multiplayer were more balanced but still had issues, but not to a point where it really affected experience.
  45. Jul 3, 2017
    Rating: 7.1 out of 10.
    Well, while the game is repetitive in all senses and it doesn't improve on anything (with a boring multiplayer and a decent yet forgettable story mode). Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, is not bad game but isn't surely a good game either. A forgettable entry in the Call of Duty franchise overall.

1. Feb 10, 2012
    There's a tangible insistence from gamers that this series needs to evolve, but it seems unwarranted when it still leads the FPS class. The engine's definitely in need of an overhaul, but when it comes to thumping set-pieces and addictive multiplayer design, Modern Warfare 3 is still in a league of its own.
  2. Feb 1, 2012
    By sticking to the series' strengths, Modern Warfare 3 delivers some of the best competitive, cooperate, and single-player shooting in the business.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Jan 4, 2012