Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 PlayStation 3

3.2

1. Apr 19, 2012
    Just your average shooter. I got the game just for the online multiplayer mode with my new PS3. Nothing new or special it was just average. I dont recoommend people to buy the full price of the game, wait until the price drops, dont waste $60 on this.
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    It is a map pack. Yes, it'll keep the kiddies entertained. Yes, it may have outsold Battlefield 3. And, Yes, it might be played even a year from now. But if they think that they can get $60 out of me, then No. No, I don't want to pay for a bunch of people sitting there doing nothing. No, I will not pay for the same thing twice. No, I don't care about the hype that this game received.It is a map pack. Yes, it'll keep the kiddies entertained. Yes, it may have outsold Battlefield 3. And, Yes, it might be played even a year from now. But if they think that they can get $60 out of me, then No. No, I don't want to pay for a bunch of people sitting there doing nothing. No, I will not pay for the same thing twice. No, I don't care about the hype that this game received. Sorry, but my $60 will be going to some other company that deserves it. Maybe Ubisoft's AC:Revelations, at least they put money into making a better story and graphics.
    Or Naughty Dog's Uncharted 3.
    Maybe even Skyrim or something. At least those publishing houses put work and effort into their games.
  3. Nov 8, 2011
    Worthless PoS, same EXACT lagfest as MW2, nothing changed at all, the maps blow, are WAY too small, and make absolutely NO sense. IW has destroyed a once great series.
  4. Nov 18, 2011
    BIggest **** i ce ver played, stop activicon cette arnaque de merde, merci de faire de vrais jeux et les pigeons n'acgetez pas ce jeu merdiasue merdiqie
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    When I started playing FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS, I began with HALO. When COD MW:1 came out, I was hooked with the series until Black Ops. Then I was introduced to Battlefield BadCompany 2, which is when I said screw COD. I could not wait for Battlefield 3...but then a few weeks before it came out, I began remembering my days with COD...the glory days. I almost got excited for MW3. I did allWhen I started playing FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS, I began with HALO. When COD MW:1 came out, I was hooked with the series until Black Ops. Then I was introduced to Battlefield BadCompany 2, which is when I said screw COD. I could not wait for Battlefield 3...but then a few weeks before it came out, I began remembering my days with COD...the glory days. I almost got excited for MW3. I did all the research that was available on the internet about MW3 during this past October........it was clear to me that BATTLEFIELD 3 was definitely the better game and most thrilling. I'm a veteran of both franchises, and I am telling you seriously...if you give BF a try and play the way it's supposed to be played instead of running and gunning, you will be amazed...I promise you! Expand
  6. Nov 8, 2011
    Same old crap... They could have just made it a DLC for MW2... Which was also crap. I seriously don't understand people that are willing to pay more than 15$ for this.
  7. Nov 8, 2011
    Horrible!!!! SHAME ON ACTIVISION.This game is pure crap and its no more than a DLC please do not buy this game, Either ps3 or xbox is the same stuff so please do yourself a favour and buy something else. Stop giving Activision your hard-earned money cause this is nothing new
  8. Nov 8, 2011
    This is the same old rehashed s**t. It's exactly the same as Modern Warfare 3 and offers nothing new to the table, other than new maps and weapons. Activision will just keep on releasing the same old game every year as long as people buy the game because it's called "Call of Duty".
  9. Nov 8, 2011
    Multiplayer is busted and that's what you buy it for its just plain BS. Spawning is terrible maps are way too tight you can't see 10 feet in front of yourself. I've never been shot in the back soooo many times.
  10. Nov 9, 2011
    I don't often review things, simply because I make an informed choice about what I buy so am usually pleased with what I get. MW3 however is the exception to this rule. I bought this because I've played the series since COD3 and have generally pleased with the progression the game has made. Sadly there is no progression, just a quantum leap backwards.

The multiplayer offers nothing really

The multiplayer offers nothing really new (Team Defender is good though), the maps are terrible - disjointed, cluttered and lacking any flow or indication that thought has been put into them. There are maybe 4-5 decent maps (IMO) but others may disagree on which they are.

Anyway, my advice is: if you liked MW2, stick with it and keep £44 in your pocket. If you don't have MW2 then buy a second-hand copy of Black Ops which is FAR better multiplayer-wise. If you buy this then all you'll have is a sense of disappointment, a feeling of Deja-vu and a lighter wallet.

I think the COD franchise/series has reached an inglorious end as I can't see it recovering from the various developer upheavals. Sad day.
  11. Nov 9, 2011
    This game gets a 2 out of 10. Same Game, same graphics, same sounds, nothing is new but a few lame play styles, it lags all the time or loses game connectivity. Its the last time I will be buying a COD game! IF you agree connect to the site I posted and Help the movement to open their eyes!

12. Nov 9, 2011
    They have totally killed mutliplayer. Small crowded maps, loads of lag and too many points of entry to cover yourself. Played cod since the very start but I'll never buy another.
  13. Nov 9, 2011
    Everything in this is game isn't worth the $60 price tag i mean everything new online could have been added with a patch. If you really want to get it wait for a price drop otherwise continue playing mw2
  14. Nov 9, 2011
    I'd be saying to much if I say this game was MW2.5

It's more Like MW2: The Lost DLC Edition Because it's basically the same game! I can't believe I was tricked into buying $60 DLC. The mulitiplayer maps are the worst in the series, The singleplayer is way to short, and the graphics, same dull texters Instead of getting Skyrim, I wasted my hard earned cash on this pathetic excuse for a
    I'd be saying to much if I say this game was MW2.5

It's more Like MW2: The Lost DLC Edition

Because it's basically the same game!

Instead of getting Skyrim, I wasted my hard earned cash on this pathetic excuse for a game
    Never in my life have I felt like such a dumbass
  15. Nov 10, 2011
    Bought this game, took it home, and played it. Then I realized the game I was playing was one that I already owned. I had owned several copies of this game. Why did I even go out and buy it? I thought it was new game, but I already have three of them.
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    Seriously?? SERIOUSLY?? THE SAME GAME?? **** this **** I've already played this kinds of game before, I'm not playing a COD game until they offer some NEW mechanics...
  17. Nov 10, 2011
    How can people be so blind?
  18. Nov 10, 2011
    WHY isn't there a demo for this game? Because few would pay $60 for this if they knew what they were getting. After the reviews I borrowed it, and decided it was not worth more than $20. So I am returning my unopened pre- order and will get something else. I have MW and MW2 and will continue to enjoy them for the $120 they already cost me. I made the mistake of getting Black Ops andWHY isn't there a demo for this game? Because few would pay $60 for this if they knew what they were getting. After the reviews I borrowed it, and decided it was not worth more than $20. So I am returning my unopened pre- order and will get something else. I have MW and MW2 and will continue to enjoy them for the $120 they already cost me. I made the mistake of getting Black Ops and regret it. i will wait until some of the unhappy gamers sell their game. It will be under $30 before xmass. I'm waiting until it hits $19 which would be a fair price for the qualtiy of this game. For $60 this is a 3.0. Expand
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    Like every other single CoD game after Modern Warfare 1.You pay 60 dollars for the exact same game. When are they going to have some decency and stop milking the franchise for everything it's worth? CoD stopped being fun a looooong time ago.
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    If you hate your money, and would like to own a steaming pile of **** inside of a small DVD case, then this game is for you! This is a horrible game designed for brainless kids. I guess that's awesome if your target audience will shell out $60 a year for the same game.
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    Rehash, rehash, rehash. Disappointment of the century. I would like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. Good looked like trash from the get go. I will be selling this back asap
  22. Nov 10, 2011
    I was quite excited to play this game, I really was. But once I popped in that disc, I heard familiar sounds. I saw familiar sights, I heard familiar voices. This game is by far one of the laziest and worst efforts put forth by a video game company. They expect people to pay $60 for a lackluster story and a few maps, while newer games like Skyrim offer 100's of hours of content? It'sI was quite excited to play this game, I really was. But once I popped in that disc, I heard familiar sounds. I saw familiar sights, I heard familiar voices. This game is by far one of the laziest and worst efforts put forth by a video game company. They expect people to pay $60 for a lackluster story and a few maps, while newer games like Skyrim offer 100's of hours of content? It's pathetic. Modern Warfare 1 changed the way FPS games were, and modernized it, literally. But when you don't even modernize your engine after 4 years, you're just in it to make money off morons who buy according to hype.
    P.S. Go back to Modern Warfare 1. Same deal, much cheaper.
  23. tpb
    Nov 11, 2011
    When mw2 came out I couldn't run it on my pc, so I stayed with cod4. When I finally upgraded I bought black ops to play with a friend, and skipped mw2. I heard mw3 was like mw2 so I bought it because I never played mw2. I chose mw3 over bf3 even though I wasn't too happpy with black ops and stopped playing after a month. I don't need to go into detail what I don't like about the game,When mw2 came out I couldn't run it on my pc, so I stayed with cod4. When I finally upgraded I bought black ops to play with a friend, and skipped mw2. I heard mw3 was like mw2 so I bought it because I never played mw2. I chose mw3 over bf3 even though I wasn't too happpy with black ops and stopped playing after a month. I don't need to go into detail what I don't like about the game, everyone else has done that to death. I downloaded mw3 from steam as soon as it was available and couldn't wait. I played for about 2 hours right away and 2 more hours later. That afternoon I found myself playing cod 4 on a server with 25 other people regretting my choice of purchase that morning. Last cod game I ever buy. The score isn't on the game as a whole, which would be good if I never played a cod game, but based on what it should have been and should have made me feel. I feel ripped off and wish I could return it and at least try bf3. Expand
  24. Nov 14, 2011
    Same game, different name. Its pathetic that the industry continues to support this series, and Infinity Ward. The same content every year with different skins, and a map pack worth of maps.
  25. Nov 14, 2011
    Identical to MW 2????.......

Identical to MW 2????.......

Hardly! This game is a SHELL of MW2 or even Black Ops.....................Every map is small, gray, and boring! They completely took the verticality out of the game, for what????........It's like you're fighting in a block of swiss cheese. Death from 360 degrees, respawn, run 5 seconds, get shot, respawn, repeat!...................................The reason the game got such good reviews from "professionals" is because Activision wines and dines these guys for a year prior to the game being released, they flew a bunch of them down to some military shooting excursion last year for crying out loud................Do yourselves a favor and pick up BF3, it's insane. The graphics are twice as good, the weapon sounds are unreal (they vary based on the size of the room you're in, the material you are firing against, etc, and the maps take 10 minutes to run across on foot! Throw in some humvees and choppers, and you get the picture, and this is coming from a diehard COD fanboy.................the Modern Warfare series is officially DOA.
  26. Nov 14, 2011
    If I wanted to play Modern Warfare 2 I would have bought Black ops, or the actual game.

Same game, same gimmick, same fans, and same advertisements. If you like rehashed maps, card board guns, and horrible campaign, this game is for you.
  27. Nov 15, 2011
    I used to love the Call of Duty series since playing Call of Duty 2. Then I played this game. The Campaign is Anti-Climatic and has the same ridiculously predictable moments. Helicopters, Tanks, Explosions. This is essentially the same game. Survival Mode is actually the highlight of the game. Infinity Ward's take on Zombies came off quite well to me. Then the Multiplayer ruins the entireI used to love the Call of Duty series since playing Call of Duty 2. Then I played this game. The Campaign is Anti-Climatic and has the same ridiculously predictable moments. Helicopters, Tanks, Explosions. This is essentially the same game. Survival Mode is actually the highlight of the game. Infinity Ward's take on Zombies came off quite well to me. Then the Multiplayer ruins the entire game for me. Truly TERRIBLE maps. The gameplay doesn't flow like it used to and the maps prevent the game from being anything great. I'd advise renting or buying this pre-owned. I do not own a copy of Battlefield 3, not even played it. This is an honest review. Expand
  28. Nov 17, 2011
    After the fails in Modern Warfare 2 I expected a new innovative game from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 which i got to say did not live up to all the hype. after the on going battle between EA`s Battlefield 3 you would have thought Infinity Ward would have did something spectacular with Modern Warfare 3, The maps are the worst in any FPS game that i played, after the faults of TreyarchsAfter the fails in Modern Warfare 2 I expected a new innovative game from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 which i got to say did not live up to all the hype. after the on going battle between EA`s Battlefield 3 you would have thought Infinity Ward would have did something spectacular with Modern Warfare 3, The maps are the worst in any FPS game that i played, after the faults of Treyarchs Black ops which i hated i must say it is a better game than Modern Warfare 3. the spawning and rewarding bad players with kill streaks (support killstreaks) are some of the problems. this is what Infinity Ward gets from listening to bad players (noobs) on how to fix a game if Infinity Ward was not going to release a innovating they should have just given us MW2 with without one man army and danger close perks because the maps and game play in MW@ was great except those 2 perks. MW3 under powered kill streaks are useless when destroying air support kill streaks gives noobs a point towards their support streak which does not end when you die they can continue to build, so everybody has a stinger as secondary, but you assault kill streak are not stack able if you cycle through them with out using one..lets say i`m running UAV (3) care package(4) predator missile(5) and i get in a few gun fights before i get a chance to use my UAV & care package and get them again because kill streaks roll over if you don`t die, but i will not have 2 UAV`s or care packages even though i earned them...smh! is this the end of Call of Duty? maybe so if Black Ops 2 don`t bring a new engine & a new innovative game play to the table next year. Expand
  29. Nov 17, 2011
    Honestly the only reason i would get this game is because most of my friends got it. I rather just play black ops (The best COD) but now that i got Skyrim (best game that i have ever played on ps3) i have been playing that none stop since Monday and im still at the begining which is amazing. Thats actually worth 60 bucks mw3 is worth 29.99 at the most.
  30. Nov 18, 2011
    So, the game isn't terrible, but it isn't good. I loved CoD4 and MW2, but I feel Activision has run this franchise into the ground with its annual release of essentially the same product. Sadly I no longer care about what happens to Soap, price, or any of the other Task Force guys. BOTTOM LINE: If you are hoping for the game to go back to its CoD4 grandeur than you will be let down as ISo, the game isn't terrible, but it isn't good. I loved CoD4 and MW2, but I feel Activision has run this franchise into the ground with its annual release of essentially the same product. Sadly I no longer care about what happens to Soap, price, or any of the other Task Force guys. BOTTOM LINE: If you are hoping for the game to go back to its CoD4 grandeur than you will be let down as I was. If you are looking for more MW2 then you should have fun with it. Expand
  31. Nov 18, 2011
    This game is garbage, I wanted to like it but I returned it because I can buy MW2 for a lot less. I can't believe all the review sites that are seemingly getting paid off to give it good reviews. At least we the people can speak the truth!
  32. Nov 18, 2011
    This game is an utter disappointment. First off, they need to change the title from "Modern Warfare 3" to "Modern Warfare 2.5". This is basically a $60 DLC for an already stale game. Call of Duty 4 was the greatest game of the series...everything after has been downhill. What Sledgehammer admitted to doing with the MP was probably the worst thing TO ME that could've been done. TheyThis game is an utter disappointment. First off, they need to change the title from "Modern Warfare 3" to "Modern Warfare 2.5". This is basically a $60 DLC for an already stale game. Call of Duty 4 was the greatest game of the series...everything after has been downhill. What Sledgehammer admitted to doing with the MP was probably the worst thing TO ME that could've been done. They intentionally removed Sniper Maps in order to eliminate "camping". Why put in Sniper classes if we are not able to properly use them? I love to Run-n-Gun, but I also like to Snipe on certain maps. To pay $60 for a game and then basically to be told how to play it is pathetic. This is ridiculous, as Snipers are not "Run-n-Gunners". Sledgehammer also encourages people to "Quickscope", which is a major disappointment. This was a huge problem with past CODs, and for them to ENCOURAGE this is really sad. There are many issues with MP that need to be fixed, but Sledgehammer/Activision pretty much could care less since they already have everyone's money that purchased this game. This game doesn't even provide anything new. Everything looks the same and plays the same, with the exception of the sound. The weapons and explosions in this game sound cheap and dull...not even my Turtlebeach Headset could make it sound better. I am glad I bought Battlefield 3, although it has some issues that need to be addressed, but at least Dice acknowledges them and are fixing them. I hate you Activision for what you have done, and I really hate Sledgehammer for killing the COD game by taking out certain maps and encouraging that gay ass quickscoping. You guys suck and so does this game. I am one of CODs biggest fans, and I am sad to say, that this game sucks! Save your money and buy Skyrim. Expand
  33. Dec 3, 2011
    Horrible copy paste of Modern Warfare 2. Do not buy it! Everything is the same! It's like an overpriced DLC for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare! Activision, Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer should all be ashamed of themselves!
  34. Jan 14, 2012
    Wow, Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3, what an anticipated game - made of complete garbage.

First thing, the pros : - Fast paced multiplayer action which is what made the multiplayer popular. - Very addicting. And now, the cons : - Unbalanced weapons such as the Akimbo FMG9 and the Type 95; still overpowering even after two months of the game's release. - The lack of dedicated servers -

First thing, the pros :
    - Fast paced multiplayer action which is what made the multiplayer popular.
    - Very addicting.

And now, the cons :
    - The lack of dedicated servers - was a disappointment; but I can see their point on the cost (how did Battlefield 3 achieve it, then?)
    - Lag and hit detection problems; yes, it was not as bad as Call of Duty : Black Ops, but still terrible compared to past titles.
    - Short storyline; hell, you may as well buy the game for the multiplayer - but even THAT'S flawed.

Need I say more? Please do not buy this game, let the series die now, it's made enough mistakes.
  35. Feb 15, 2012
    Ok. Had this game since release date but wanted to give them some time to fix possible bugs. I think 3 months is more than enough but OH, BOY... I won't argue about the "old mechanics". We all knew it was more of the same. Just cause of that, it deserves a 6 score. But the bugs... mainly the lag compensation thing and crazy spawns did it for me. Just giving a heads up: If you live in aOk. Had this game since release date but wanted to give them some time to fix possible bugs. I think 3 months is more than enough but OH, BOY... I won't argue about the "old mechanics". We all knew it was more of the same. Just cause of that, it deserves a 6 score. But the bugs... mainly the lag compensation thing and crazy spawns did it for me. Just giving a heads up: If you live in a country where most of the people have a connection that is 10% of what you have DON'T EVEN TRY this game. You'll end up having to nerf your connection and using it on "Moderate" Type in order to play anything. Expand
  36. Nov 8, 2011
    The fact that there is an audience for Call of Duty astounds me. This generic shooter is the same copy and paste formula we have been seeing year after year from Activision. With its low skill ceiling and over powered incentives this game lacks any variety what so ever. This game is more fitting as a map pack, a bad one at that.
  37. Nov 8, 2011
    OK. What are we looking at, 2 years of development. What have we got? 3 months of work, 21 months of holidays that all i can see. Yes the game has strong combat elements and exiting but thats far from the point here. We pay £40 quid for this game and expect to get our moneys worth, well in this case we dont. The graphics look like a high end PS2 title at best ( would go as farOK. What are we looking at, 2 years of development. What have we got? 3 months of work, 21 months of holidays that all i can see. Yes the game has strong combat elements and exiting but thats far from the point here. We pay £40 quid for this game and expect to get our moneys worth, well in this case we dont. The graphics look like a high end PS2 title at best ( would go as far to say worse then MW2) weapons sound affect remind me of paint ball guns and the maps are as small as my back garden. In all a poor show, didnt expect this at all. Will think again before spending my cash on this franchise. Expand
  38. Nov 8, 2011
    What a total pile of faeces. Campaign Average, Spec ops below average and the MP holy hell I thought it was my internet that made the gameplay in mw2 totally unplayable but after upgrading and finding it infact made no difference I thought hit markers problems and constant lag problems, etc in mw3 wouldn't exist, but no to my disgust after playing Mw3 its the worst out of all of them. Mw2What a total pile of faeces. Campaign Average, Spec ops below average and the MP holy hell I thought it was my internet that made the gameplay in mw2 totally unplayable but after upgrading and finding it infact made no difference I thought hit markers problems and constant lag problems, etc in mw3 wouldn't exist, but no to my disgust after playing Mw3 its the worst out of all of them. Mw2 had its problems at the start with unplayablity and Blops which I was patient. But to push out the tired ,boring and lazy turd and not learning any sort of lessons at all by just sending out a message or just tweaking it. Also making people pay for overpriced map packs and now cod elite after seemingly not fixing anything (and I can't seem them fixing it) after knowing full well most of the people buying it will be doing so for the MP, then this is , in my opinion offensive. They have no respect for the community that has been behind them. I being one of them purchasing most of the games and a few packs. Expand
  39. Nov 8, 2011
    looks like i am not the only one that thinks this is a horrible game. I was one of the many people who waited for the midnight launch of the game. I waited 2 hours just so when i went on today to play multiplayer and there is nothing. It is like everyone says it is, modern warfare 2 with a few added weapons and perks and that's it. The graphics are bad just like the game play and the lag.looks like i am not the only one that thinks this is a horrible game. I was one of the many people who waited for the midnight launch of the game. I waited 2 hours just so when i went on today to play multiplayer and there is nothing. It is like everyone says it is, modern warfare 2 with a few added weapons and perks and that's it. The graphics are bad just like the game play and the lag. If you want a FPS go with battlefield 3 or wait for more games to come out this holiday season. I would not recommend giving your money to Activison because all you will get is a big fat 60 buck lemon. you have been warned Expand
  40. Nov 10, 2011
    Obvious this game was not in development for two years. Activision has repackaged MW2 with a new map pack and completely duped there customers into paying a full game price. Sorry but this is the last time I will be buying a COD game. I was upset with all the bugs in the release of BF3 but at least those guys are moving forward and being innovative. I'm sorry to say but it looks like BF4Obvious this game was not in development for two years. Activision has repackaged MW2 with a new map pack and completely duped there customers into paying a full game price. Sorry but this is the last time I will be buying a COD game. I was upset with all the bugs in the release of BF3 but at least those guys are moving forward and being innovative. I'm sorry to say but it looks like BF4 is going to be the game to play in the next iteration since Activision are so far behind the curve now it's not even a joke. Talk about killing the goose that lays the golden eggs. Expand
  41. Nov 9, 2011
    I honestly was expecting more. I loved Black Ops and thought it was the best CoD yet. I was hoping that Infinity Ward would build on what Black Ops had alreadt accomplished. Instead, Infinity Ward decided to only expand on MW2. MW2 is a two year old game and is dated. Black Ops is new and full of amazing features such as dolphin diving, wager matches, cod points, etc. IW disregardedI honestly was expecting more. I loved Black Ops and thought it was the best CoD yet. I was hoping that Infinity Ward would build on what Black Ops had alreadt accomplished. Instead, Infinity Ward decided to only expand on MW2. MW2 is a two year old game and is dated. Black Ops is new and full of amazing features such as dolphin diving, wager matches, cod points, etc. IW disregarded everything that Treyarch did right and only wanted to improve their game. The maps are to small and it seems as though there is too much going on at once. I have already started to go back to Black Ops instead of playing MW3. This game also has some positives though. The connection for multiplayer is greatly increased and is great. Overall, this is more of a Modern Warfare 2.5 than a Modern Warfare 3. This is not the change that I wanted and I believe that IW only put in minimal work into this game. I am a huge fan of CoD, but this is not what I wanted. Expand
  42. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is an insult to COD fans, how could they take in so much money and give so little back? They are projected to make over a billion dollars on this game and all they can or are willing to give us is this. What has this industry come too when a game like BF3 trail-blazes with new innovation and cutting edge technology, and receives the same and in some cases lower scores than a gameThis game is an insult to COD fans, how could they take in so much money and give so little back? They are projected to make over a billion dollars on this game and all they can or are willing to give us is this. What has this industry come too when a game like BF3 trail-blazes with new innovation and cutting edge technology, and receives the same and in some cases lower scores than a game that was sub par 3 years ago. I admit BF3 is too hard for me to get into it too much, but I don't feel blatantly disrespected and insulted as I do with MW3. Shame on you IGN and other reviewers... shame on you. We know what Activision is up to, we aren't all so blatantly and utterly stupid, and we know what is driving these high reviews. It sure isn't the quality of the game. This game is worth a 7, but I'm rating it a 0 in protest of this huge scandal, and because there is no reason why they couldn't/didn't make a game worthy of 9/10 scores. Expand
  43. Nov 8, 2011
    terrible. same old same old garbage. wake up players. I bought this title with the intention of getting a game that was worth $60. Turns out that it was just a waste of money. Activision should have just released this game as DLC for MW2, because thats basically what it is. Don't waste your money with this game.
  44. Nov 8, 2011
    woops srry about that i accidently gave this game a 10 so i came back to change it.deservers a 4 or somewhere around those numbers.DO NOT buy this game.Its is overrated.Story mode was just so horrible n very outdated gfx
  45. Nov 9, 2011
    Really disappointing. There was so much hype for this game, but once you play it, it just feels like a really expensive map pack for COD (insert ver. number here). It doesn't change virtually anything, the graphics, the game play and most of the weapons are the same. This is a series where you could previously see at least a little effort on the part of the developers but now its just aReally disappointing. There was so much hype for this game, but once you play it, it just feels like a really expensive map pack for COD (insert ver. number here). It doesn't change virtually anything, the graphics, the game play and most of the weapons are the same. This is a series where you could previously see at least a little effort on the part of the developers but now its just a money grabbing effort on the publisher. Save your money and purchase BF3.. Expand
  46. Nov 9, 2011
    Honestly, this has been said over 600 times already on here, but give me your attention. I'm in college right now and one of my dorm mates purchased this game. The whole floor was in his room to boot up the game, and as soon as the menu system popped up, a "Wtf is this **** erupted from the room. We all immediately stated laughing at the lack of effort put into the game. The menus areHonestly, this has been said over 600 times already on here, but give me your attention. I'm in college right now and one of my dorm mates purchased this game. The whole floor was in his room to boot up the game, and as soon as the menu system popped up, a "Wtf is this **** erupted from the room. We all immediately stated laughing at the lack of effort put into the game. The menus are EXACTLY the same. The guns are EXACTLY the same. Even the guns that are different a re just re-skinned versions of MW2 weapons (FAMAS/T95). The game should not have been made. All additions and fixes in the game could have easily been done in a patch or another overpriced, poorly named map pack. After the laughing had stopped, we all came the the consensus that everyone should just buy BF3. Amazing what happens when effort is put into a project. Glen Schofield, if you read this, this is my response to your pathetic twitter request. You have more money than you can spend thanks to this game. Enjoy your cash, and get over it, your game is trash. It's time for this series to die. Better games such as Batman, Battlefield, Mass Effect, Skyrim, Skyward Sword and many others are coming out. This generic **** fest begs for attention in a sea of pure talent and dedication. If you bought this, I sincerely apologize. If not, congratulations on your self control. 0/10, because that's what it deserves. Go support the really good games. Buy BF3, buy Skyrim, buy Zelda. They are truly deserving of your support. Looking forward to what Respawn Entertainment has to offer...should be interesting. Did that hurt, Activision/IW/SH? Just a little bit? Expand
  47. Nov 8, 2011
    Its great how they tune it and made it really smooth and made big improvements. But not worth the $60. This is what MW2 should have been in the first place. For people who plan to buy. Beware that the game is just like MW2 but just redefined and just made improvement. However, you will get bored and start noticing how dull it gets.
  48. Nov 9, 2011
    Thanks IGN for posting a story where Sledgehammer Games' Glen Schofield was asking Call of Duty fans to support MW3 on Metacritic. Without this story I would have remained a silent part of what appears to be a majority of fans who are dissatisfied with the latest COD installment. MW3 IS the reason I'm quitting gaming altogether. I'm a COD multiplayer fanatic with a shameful amount of myThanks IGN for posting a story where Sledgehammer Games' Glen Schofield was asking Call of Duty fans to support MW3 on Metacritic. Without this story I would have remained a silent part of what appears to be a majority of fans who are dissatisfied with the latest COD installment. MW3 IS the reason I'm quitting gaming altogether. I'm a COD multiplayer fanatic with a shameful amount of my life spent playing the game (MW and MW2) online. I didn't even play the campaigns for WAW, Black Ops, or MW3...went right to multiplayer and figure most serious COD players do the same. The campaign mode is simply rubbish that takes at most a day to finish. This isn't just a hit on MW3...the past 4 COD releases all have this issue.
    MW3 is Black Ops 2 in regards to online gameplay. From the graphics, to the sounds, to the load-out system. Infinity Ward went from near perfection with MW/MW2 multiplayer interface to a poor attempt at improving on Treyarch's multiplayer interface. -Why, why, why add weapon proficiencies? You've made a once very usable weapon into a spray and pray device. The only useful perk is Kick...without this perk a once reasonably controllable assault rifle is useless from a moderate distance. You can fix this immediately by automatically applying the proficiencies to the weapon as they're unlocked....instead of only allowing a single proficiency. -Why make the maps bigger while making the players slower? Extreme conditioning isn't infinite and no Lightweight? Come on....
    -The reticle design selection...straight ripoff from Black Ops...you could do better.
    -One of my biggest concerns...shotguns are now considered a primary weapon...another ripoff from Black Ops. NO...I don't want to use the Overkill perk.
    -Juiced may be the most useless death streak on these huge maps.
    -Why do all the guns sound like 50 Barretts going off? -Why do grenades take so long to explode? Not feeling having to cook ever grenade thrown.
    -The maps are absolute mazes....
    -Kill steaks...why 2 strike packages? You really think someone will utilize both in their custom classes? With each class allowing for custom strike packages, why not just put all the kill streaks in one big category?
    -As you rank up, the emblem graphics are beyond weak.
    Not sure the COD franchise could release another installment that would entice me enough to give it another try. After Black Ops and now MW3, I'm waiving the white towel.
  49. Nov 10, 2011
    I really loved the series but it got more and more disappointing after call of duty 2. The first two games were great and after that they put so much stupid stuff in the game. For example a helicopter that kills the other team for you or a sentry gun that kills people walking infront of it. That takes no skill at all. In the first games I needed too know exactly every sound of the map tooI really loved the series but it got more and more disappointing after call of duty 2. The first two games were great and after that they put so much stupid stuff in the game. For example a helicopter that kills the other team for you or a sentry gun that kills people walking infront of it. That takes no skill at all. In the first games I needed too know exactly every sound of the map too know were my enemies were. Now you just kill two people with hardline and use a UAV. It takes no skill at all too play this game. discribing this game in a few words: a modern skinner box. Expand
  50. Nov 10, 2011
    After being an active member of this series since release, I can say this literally the worst out of all of them. It's not so much the production and gameplay, but it's the SAME STUFF. Over and over. "I'm not paying $60 for a weapon and map pack" puts it best. 1 for coming out with the game. I can't believe the hype and glory this game was given when there are so many other titles out ofAfter being an active member of this series since release, I can say this literally the worst out of all of them. It's not so much the production and gameplay, but it's the SAME STUFF. Over and over. "I'm not paying $60 for a weapon and map pack" puts it best. 1 for coming out with the game. I can't believe the hype and glory this game was given when there are so many other titles out of the market for LESS THAN $60 that beat this redundant game. I'm sorry, but this was a big ol' swing, and a big ol' miss. Expand
  51. Nov 10, 2011
    This sucks so hard, basically MW2 with a few mappacks.. Seriously? -.- I thought at some point, the devs would realise they can't just keep shoving the same game to consumers.
  52. Nov 10, 2011
    I was really looking forward to this but I've got to say I'm dissapointed. I dont know what game the reviewers have been playing but some of their scores beggars belief. It's the same old same old. Maybe I'm just growing up & out of this style of game & it's better suited for younger people. The campain was ok but the multiplayer is boring after a week. I'm selling it on ebay right nowI was really looking forward to this but I've got to say I'm dissapointed. I dont know what game the reviewers have been playing but some of their scores beggars belief. It's the same old same old. Maybe I'm just growing up & out of this style of game & it's better suited for younger people. The campain was ok but the multiplayer is boring after a week. I'm selling it on ebay right now while it's still worth something. BF3 is my new game & I've finally seen the light regards what it offers as an FPS. Which is about 10 times more & then some.. Expand
  53. Nov 12, 2011
    Dear Glen Schofield,

Next time you want a high Metacritic score, consider making an original and interesting game. Here's some tips: avoid making the exact same game as you did two years ago; stop re-using textures from previous games; try and create some original graphics; introduce something different in multiplayer; stop using the same old (rubbish) sounds etc etc. In short, stop
    Dear Glen Schofield,

In short, stop cashing in on the success of your previous games by making the same thing to sell to the inebriates that can't understand what you're doing, and next time come up with something interesting and original.
  54. Nov 14, 2011
    When we talk about games, our first word is that it is enjoyable. MW3 is not an enjoyable game in all forms , though maybe the campaign, but it doen't even reach the quality of previous games . The multiplayer is the same repetitive lone wolf stat hunter we've have played since the time CoD 4. Nothing new at all just a new number to the tittle and voila!! there you have a "new" experience.When we talk about games, our first word is that it is enjoyable. MW3 is not an enjoyable game in all forms , though maybe the campaign, but it doen't even reach the quality of previous games . The multiplayer is the same repetitive lone wolf stat hunter we've have played since the time CoD 4. Nothing new at all just a new number to the tittle and voila!! there you have a "new" experience. I already expect a new CoD for 2012 and it will be the same crap. Expand
  55. Dec 23, 2011
    Exactly the srame as the others, nothing new for my hard earned money. Boring on all fronts, in fact just rushed through it in 6 hours with no sound as I could not turn the in game music off!!!! WTF. NEVER BUY A COD AGAIN... back to skyrim clicking 150 hours of game play so far value for money....
  56. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is a complete disappointment. It really looks rushed with very little care put into it. The graphics are even worse then previous COD games and have a fuzzy look to the graphics. I wasn't expecting much from the game but this didn't even meet my expectations. The maps are way too small. They wanted to increase game speed but it seems to have been over done. Also on the maps theyThis game is a complete disappointment. It really looks rushed with very little care put into it. The graphics are even worse then previous COD games and have a fuzzy look to the graphics. I wasn't expecting much from the game but this didn't even meet my expectations. The maps are way too small. They wanted to increase game speed but it seems to have been over done. Also on the maps they all look very similar to each other and is very hard to tell the difference between a few maps. Expand
  57. Nov 9, 2011
    First, I want to thank the makers of MW3 for lying about implementing dedicated servers. Im pretty sure it was scratched due to financial issues. /sarcasm. The mp is ssdd. Lag, horrid hit detection, quick scoping, glitches. You know, the usual CoD nonsense. I finished the sp campaign in about 6 hours. Braindead AI combined with respawning enemies made it a poor experience. The hideousFirst, I want to thank the makers of MW3 for lying about implementing dedicated servers. Im pretty sure it was scratched due to financial issues. /sarcasm. The mp is ssdd. Lag, horrid hit detection, quick scoping, glitches. You know, the usual CoD nonsense. I finished the sp campaign in about 6 hours. Braindead AI combined with respawning enemies made it a poor experience. The hideous story didnt help neither. Bottom line is CoD is like watching Mike Tyson at the end of his career. Sure people kept paying to see him. People kept wishing for that moment were the champ will return to greatness. Yet, time after time its nithing but disappointment. I actually feel bad for the real IW ( not the leftovers that take up space right now) but thr brilliant minds behind CoD 2 and CoD 4. This franchise could have been one of the best ever. Instead, its a yearly release that will fade into gaming oblivion once the new fad picks up. Expand
  58. Nov 9, 2011
    Just like the previous 70000 call of duty's, people will realize it is a bad game after 2 or 3 months. Don't believe all the reviews saying it is the best game ever; chances are those people said the same thing about the last call of duty, and most likely the next one. Stop buying into the hype. The multiplayer might be a little fun, but not enough to justify spending $60 + map packs.Just like the previous 70000 call of duty's, people will realize it is a bad game after 2 or 3 months. Don't believe all the reviews saying it is the best game ever; chances are those people said the same thing about the last call of duty, and most likely the next one. Stop buying into the hype. The multiplayer might be a little fun, but not enough to justify spending $60 + map packs. Wait a few months and buy it used so these greedy developers don't get any money. Expand
  59. K-9
    Nov 10, 2011
    I've been playing COD since the first game was released and this by far is the worst game ever produced. It seems that they milking this series for all its worth. They have put zero effort into producing this game and it shows. I will NEVER buy another game produced by IW....such a disappointment from one of my favorite game series. SP was ok, but it was boring and repetitive. MP is one ofI've been playing COD since the first game was released and this by far is the worst game ever produced. It seems that they milking this series for all its worth. They have put zero effort into producing this game and it shows. I will NEVER buy another game produced by IW....such a disappointment from one of my favorite game series. SP was ok, but it was boring and repetitive. MP is one of the worst ever. I'm kicking myself for buying this on release and not waiting to read reviews. I guess all the "talent" left IW a few years back. If you are considering buying this, PLEASE don't. Save your self the money, you will be happy you did. Expand
  60. Nov 10, 2011
    you love only money activision, and dont power up this old graphics, check bf3 for a seriuos 2011 graphics, Half of the sounds, equipment, perks, guns, and only one new attachment are in the game. 80% of the killstreaks are the same. modern warfare 3 just feels old already
  61. Nov 10, 2011
    Been said a million times before; this is nothing but an expansion to MW2. To answer a few of the apologetic nonsense people have been coming up with: No, it isn't like halo sequels being similar because halo had a story. No, it isn't because it's already perfect. I liked MW2, but I already have that one; why would I want to pay 65 bucks for new maps and tweaked features? Anyway... I'm notBeen said a million times before; this is nothing but an expansion to MW2. To answer a few of the apologetic nonsense people have been coming up with: No, it isn't like halo sequels being similar because halo had a story. No, it isn't because it's already perfect. I liked MW2, but I already have that one; why would I want to pay 65 bucks for new maps and tweaked features? Anyway... I'm not saying anything new here. I wasn't going to bother reviewing this **** but then I saw a Dev crying about low ratings here and asking people to rate up. **** you, Dev-man. And **** all the weirdos always trashing folks who don't like something they like; has it ever occurred to you that maybe it doesn't matter why you think people don't like a game-- that maybe people not liking it has something to do with the game itself? People give this game a ****ty rating because they didn't enjoy it, not because they secretly do and just hate you for some reason. Expand
  62. Nov 10, 2011
    juego a este juego esperando un juego espectacular, y me doy cuenta que usa las mismas texturas que los anteriores modern warfare de hace 5 años, como si el motor grafico no hubiera mejorado nada, ademas la saga no evoluciono en nada, tuvieron muy pocas ganas de innovar y se nota bastante, la verdad muy desilucionado, porque esperaba mucho mas por el cierre de la subsaga
  63. Nov 10, 2011
    A HUGE disappointment. The Call of Duty series has been in decline for quite some time now, and this game will certainly not change that. I was addicted to COD4: Modern Warfare, and played that game religiously, every night, for almost a year. NONE of the COD games that have come after have been able to sustain that love that I felt for COD4. Black Ops was a somewhat good game, butA HUGE disappointment. The Call of Duty series has been in decline for quite some time now, and this game will certainly not change that. I was addicted to COD4: Modern Warfare, and played that game religiously, every night, for almost a year. NONE of the COD games that have come after have been able to sustain that love that I felt for COD4. Black Ops was a somewhat good game, but suffered from terrible maps. In my opinion, all COD games that have come after COD4 have suffered from terrible maps, with each game only having 2 or 3 good maps, and the rest being virtually unplayable due to sheer boredom and poor design. Modern Warfare 3 continues this problem, offering nothing but similar maps, that are tiny, maze-ridden, flat places of boredom. It just sets itself up for players to run around like lunatics, and have no strategy or skill needed. I honestly cannot figure out what happened to the map designers after COD4? Did they all leave to go to other game companies? The gameplay for MW3 is really nothing new. The new Kill Confirmed mode is an interesting twist to Team Deathmatch, but is ridden with campers who just sit around and wait in ambush in order to acquire the dog tags. Graphics are average at best in this game. Controls are still way too loose. Gameplay requires no strategy or skill, and is way too arcade-like. Couple that with the atrocious map design, and there is NO reason to purchase this game. This is easily a rental only. If you want an arcade style run-n-gun FPS, then your clear choice should still be COD4. COD: Black Ops has a little bit better gameplay in it, but still only gets second place behind COD4 due to only having 3 or 4 decent maps, with the rest being terrible. COD4 had great maps, with much more variety than you'd see in future COD games. MW3 offers no real new things that would make it a purchase. The slight changing of the Killstreak system, and addition of a "Survival" mode in Spec Ops is not enough to warrant a purchase. Nothing about this game makes me want to go back to it. After playing it for the past 4 days, I have realized that it just isn't worth playing through any longer - it just isn't fun, and cannot hold my interest at all, unlike COD4. MW3 is essentially just MW2.5, and should have just been released as DLC content (which, in my opinion, is still WAY too overpriced for what you get in COD games - c'mon guys, lower the price for those map packs, since the quality of the maps is so inferior anyway. it is NOT worth $15 for a map pack.....maybe $5 at the most!). Yes, this game will sell a mind-blowing amount of copies this year, as the COD series always does. Unfortunately, quantity does NOT denote quality. The COD series is now all hype, and no substance. I cannot honestly recommend the multiplayer at all. There is nothing there to warrant playing it longer than a weekend rental. The short Single Player campaign isn't nearly as much of a disappointment, but still didn't appeal to me as much as the previous COD single player campaigns did. While previous COD games have fallen a LOT in quality when it comes to multiplayer, the single player has always been great. This year it just seems to have levelled off and isn't nearly as good as previous ones have seemed to me. The Call of Duty franchise has become the "Madden" of FPS series, with yearly iterations that do not have enough new content, and are just "roster updates" (or map updates, in this case) with no worthwhile new substance. Perhaps it is time for the game producers to sit back and take a few years off to reflect on their product, and put a lot of time and thought into making it better, releasing it only after a few years of development, rather than rushing out sloppy remakes with terrible quality maps and gameplay, just to make a quick buck. Buyer Beware!!! Expand
  64. Nov 10, 2011
    **** game don't buy. Generic and boring SP, (same as the last two cods), do yourself a favor and get cod4, only one worth it. Multiplayer is **** to, it's the same pile of **** in mw2 and bo all over again. Since they release a new cod game every year (new cod in 2012 btw) they might as well call them by years. Next Call of **** 2012.
    No but seriously, it's a Michael Bay movie with great
    No but seriously, it's a Michael Bay movie with great effects with a **** story and the gameplay sucks, did I mention that? // Not trolling just cba to think up and write a proper review as it wont make a difference, kids who think they're pro and guys who think the game is good cause of the effects will love it and you'll pretty much be standing there looking them straight in the eyes giving them a sci face to how much fail they are, and the sad part is they won't ever realize how much this game sucks. I mean, not even Activisions President realizes how ****ty it's ****tyness is.

Dear Activision, stop publishing the same games, you made one good game, Call of Duty 4, a game that deserves every fame it has, but after that don't just make the same game, we want something new. Final thought:
    We wanted players to have not more of the same but more of the new - Gabe Newell
  65. Nov 10, 2011
    MW3 is a basic copy and past job stealing most ideas from previous installments in the series. The reality is this game is a hyped up map pack that isn't worth the plastic it's made on.
  66. Nov 10, 2011
    When you play this game, you realize that 90% of the money and effort was gone in advertising. It is a COD MW 2.5, the same thing we are getting each year. Spend your money in something like Deus Ex HR or Uncharted 3, not this garbage. If you want something war-related, buy BF3, it's not a masterpiece, but at least it had a lot of good work behind.
  67. Nov 10, 2011
    I owned MW1, World at War, MW2, and Black Ops. I thought that they were great games, they are by far the games that I played the most but by the time Black Ops came out I was getting tired of buying the same game over and over again. So with MW3 I have been hesitant to spend $60 on it. One of the things that bothers me the most about these games is the gradual lack of effort to create evenI owned MW1, World at War, MW2, and Black Ops. I thought that they were great games, they are by far the games that I played the most but by the time Black Ops came out I was getting tired of buying the same game over and over again. So with MW3 I have been hesitant to spend $60 on it. One of the things that bothers me the most about these games is the gradual lack of effort to create even a decent game. The story from MW2 left a bad taste in my mouth. Its obvious that the story suffered from the focus on multiplayer. What was great about MW1 was it had a solid campaign mode and a great multiplayer feature. Its even more obvious that they really don't care about the campaign anymore. My brother beat the campaign in 4hrs. Really? 4hrs is the best you could do?
    I did play with my brother online for several hours so i could get a feel for it and I have to say I wasn't impressed. I definitely wasn't any more motivated to spend $60 on this. What bothers me the most is the idea that they're going to have new DLC every month. So from the start they're telling everyone that they selling an unfinished product. I can't imagine walking into a Carls Jr, paying full price for a hamburger and only getting half of a burger. Then when I ask for the rest of the burger they tell me that i have to purchase the rest in fourths but its ok because its a quarter of the price of what I originally paid. The worst part is that out of the DLC that I have purchased in the past is that there are usually only two maps that are any good.
    This game is definitely not worth paying $60 for. The value just isn't there. I can see paying $40 for a new copy, maybe....
    As long as people keep paying for poor quality and over valued products they're going keep making the least amount of effort for the most cost to consumer.
  68. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is good but its the same, yeah they added a handful of thing but it took they 2 years to develop really? when i first looked at it i thought it was just $60 map pack
    They should of took a page out of 343 studios book n found out if u remake the same game it shouldn't cost the full retail cost
    Probably the most un innovative call of duty yet, can't wait till the next ;) At least there was enough things and innovations to call black ops a "new game"
  69. Nov 10, 2011
    If you have played MW, or MW2, then you don't need this game. It is the same game with a few different textures. Picture it as an expansion pack to MW2, at full retail price.
  70. Nov 10, 2011
    Nothing new here, campaign is the definition of generic, co-op has been done way better in other games such as Battlefield 3 and even Black Ops Zombies, and the multiplayer, dear god, not only is it unbalanced and unoriginal, if you don't have a good Internet connection, GIVE UP, the guns feel sluggish and slow and the community are a bunch of loud, racist, homophobic, 10 year old group ofNothing new here, campaign is the definition of generic, co-op has been done way better in other games such as Battlefield 3 and even Black Ops Zombies, and the multiplayer, dear god, not only is it unbalanced and unoriginal, if you don't have a good Internet connection, GIVE UP, the guns feel sluggish and slow and the community are a bunch of loud, racist, homophobic, 10 year old group of ignorant idiots.

In short, don't buy, your money is much better spent elsewhere.
  71. Nov 10, 2011
    First I would like to say that Critics say one thing and Users say another. that's because they don't have to buy games to play them. For once I'm glad I didn't have to either. WOW. what a ripoff. Some say this is a MW 2.5 I don't even think its that. I would say its closer to MW 2.25 The maps are the same yet badged. I played this at my friends house the night of release ansFirst I would like to say that Critics say one thing and Users say another. that's because they don't have to buy games to play them. For once I'm glad I didn't have to either. WOW. what a ripoff. Some say this is a MW 2.5 I don't even think its that. I would say its closer to MW 2.25 The maps are the same yet badged. I played this at my friends house the night of release ans expected to spend the night at his house... Guess what? I went home after about 2 hours and started playing MW2. Felt the same. At least I didn't have to prestige all the guns again. There is nothing that got my eye in this game. Just a few tweaks and that's all. SAME GUNS, WEAPONS, and GAMEPLAY. Glad I didn't buy it. Expand
  72. Nov 10, 2011
    Dear Mr.Glen Schofield!

Dear Mr.Glen Schofield!

Please go back and make a better game. Please don't use the same sounds, engine, visuals and much much more every year on year. If you want peoples money (even though you already got it) then please treat your costumers with some dignity. Now lets not talk about the horrible campaign that no one will ever remember or care about. But why not focus all your resources on the online mode which is what everyone is paying to play. You made 16 maps for this game on launch day and you think they are worth 60$?

Go back to the drawing board and rethink your strategies. You think that Counter-Strike is what it is because Valve treat their costumers like you?

Thank you!!!
  73. Nov 10, 2011
    Awe man, where do I even start? I was really looking forward to this game as I really enjoyed mw1 and mw2. I even waited 3 hours in line at my local gamestop to pick it up at the midnight release. I get home around 1 am and the first thing I do is pop the disc in and head straight to the multiplayer. In my first match I'm getting quick scoped left and right and I'm just thinking "whatAwe man, where do I even start? I was really looking forward to this game as I really enjoyed mw1 and mw2. I even waited 3 hours in line at my local gamestop to pick it up at the midnight release. I get home around 1 am and the first thing I do is pop the disc in and head straight to the multiplayer. In my first match I'm getting quick scoped left and right and I'm just thinking "what the hell? I thought they would get rid of this??" So, I choose the sniper loadout and guess what? It's easier than ever to quick scope in this game. Way easier than MW2, which to me is just ridiculous. Oh, guess what else? you know how knife lunging was supposed to get fixed? it's not! it's still there and worse than MW2's. Sure there are a few new guns and the strike package system, but that has very little effect on the CORE gameplay. The core gameplay is exactly the same as the last one and the engine they're using is definitely dated compared to all other big releases this year. You instantly feel like you've played this game before. There is nothing fresh or innovative that makes this game feel "new." To me, this is an outrage. I am very disappointed in this title and to me, none of the minor additions to game warrant a $60.00 price tag. Simply because this does not feel like a new game, not in the least. That being said, I've already put this game up on my local craigslist and I'm selling it alongside the preorder poster hoping I will make my money back. If you are looking for a fresh and innovative experience I recommend you pick up something else, as there are plenty of title's who are far more deserving of your hard earned cash. I didn't want to believe it, but now I see what my friends meant when they were telling me Activision is only in it for the profit now. With this game, it's very obvious that they never take user feedback into account. Expand
  74. Nov 10, 2011
    It sucks. Listen to the players, not the critics that get paid to say it's great. It is exactly what everyone says it is, a carbon copy of all the other COD games. It plays EXACTLY the same. Looks EXACTLY the same. It is evident nobody did any actual work developing this game. Huge disappointment, Battlefield 3 raped this game so bad. BF3 and MW3 both have their fanboys, but BF3It sucks. Listen to the players, not the critics that get paid to say it's great. It is exactly what everyone says it is, a carbon copy of all the other COD games. It plays EXACTLY the same. Looks EXACTLY the same. It is evident nobody did any actual work developing this game. Huge disappointment, Battlefield 3 raped this game so bad. BF3 and MW3 both have their fanboys, but BF3 fans can rejoice. Victory is yours. See your smiling a$$es on the Battlefield. Expand
  75. Nov 10, 2011
    BRUTAL
    This is MW2 with revamped maps, looks more like a DLC than a new game. Infinity Ward you failed on this one. Once again laggy servers plaque the Call of Duty game and I can't believe they have been using the same engine for 6 years, time for a change. I gave it one last shot at Call of Duty but I'm done with this franchise and happy playing my Battlefield 3.
  76. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is nothing more than a money grab. There's nothing entirely new or inspiring that it brings to the series, and the centerpiece of it (the multiplayer) is boring with maps that any random map generator could probably beat as far as imagination. All thought is take out of combat. It's nothing but a contest to see who can shoot first (with most primary weapons being 1-2 shotThis game is nothing more than a money grab. There's nothing entirely new or inspiring that it brings to the series, and the centerpiece of it (the multiplayer) is boring with maps that any random map generator could probably beat as far as imagination. All thought is take out of combat. It's nothing but a contest to see who can shoot first (with most primary weapons being 1-2 shot kills), and whomever can sit back,. camp, and run up a killstreak to do all the work for them. I've always been a CoD player, but you won't catch me playing this game any more. Shame on me for buying it. Expand
  77. Nov 10, 2011
    $60 dollars for a map pack, a 3 hour campaign and for hundreds of 12 year olds to tell me a lot of things I didn't know about my mom. I can't believe this game still makes money. It's sad excuse for a game.
  78. Nov 10, 2011
    I was a massive COD fan. MASSIVE!!! And although i was warned, and warned, and warned again about MW3, i decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. Then what happened??? I got scr*wed-over by Bobby Kotick, Sledgehammer, and Activision...all one after another.

I've never been so disappointed in my whole life. Meanwhile these guys are laughing all the way to the bank. MW3 is a carbon

MW3 is a carbon copy of MW2. FACT! The guns are mediocre at best. The lag is atrocious. The maps are a similar layout to MW2 (In fact its just like a $60 map-pack) And..worst of all....Activisions laziness is evident in everything from the fonts to the trademark chickens they have clucking around the place. I'd say they didn't have to do a tap of work on this product 'coz its all the same!!!

Then there's the positive reviews...they elude me completely!!! I have no clue how a trusted reviewer could recommend you spend your hard-earned-cash on something so substandard. This leads me to the conclusion that brown envelopes must be involved.

Then you have Glen Schoefield BEGGING...that's right...BEGGING (google it) players to give it a good review on metacritic...and that just annoys me so much more!!! Begging us to make them more money when it clearly is...NOT...DESERVED.

On an finishing note...I honestly hope the world learns from this disgrace. And going by user reviews the world over.....it looks like the COD fanbase is already falling apart. Enjoy my $60, Activision. I hope you buy yourself something nice.
  79. Nov 10, 2011
    Re-packing a small MW2 DLC map pack and charging $60 is just crazy. The game is very linear, and there's not much challenge/strategy. You follow the white dot from point to point. I was hoping for some innovation and new features, but found neither.
  80. Nov 11, 2011
    Gaming is a BUSINESS! Activision delivered with unparalleled precision on what the mass gaming community wants! Live with it folks. The big however, is that I am reviewing quality on a game and it's just a retread (sorry to use the cliche) of what many want. Activision accomplished quantity ($) over quality but if that is what keeps the gaming industry afloat, I almost want to say THANK YOU!
  81. Nov 12, 2011
    i have both modern warfare 1 and 2,both were good but this time around,its really getting old.gimme a modern warfare successor,not a rehash from 2007 and 2009.gimme something excited about.i traded this game back to gamestop.im no fan boy either,i play all shooters..what a waste of $60.battlefield 3 is the way to go
  82. Nov 12, 2011
    I bought it, waited in line at midnight. Played it, returned it the next morning. Absolutely the biggest pile of garbage I've ever bought. Also I owned every other cod and they sucked but not this bad. I enjoyed zombies so I won't rag on black ops. Battlefield = better graphics , better gameplay, bigger and better environments, ect. List goes on and on. Hands down bf3 has won this year.I bought it, waited in line at midnight. Played it, returned it the next morning. Absolutely the biggest pile of garbage I've ever bought. Also I owned every other cod and they sucked but not this bad. I enjoyed zombies so I won't rag on black ops. Battlefield = better graphics , better gameplay, bigger and better environments, ect. List goes on and on. Hands down bf3 has won this year. Also credit to Skyrim, can't wait to pick it up on Monday! Expand
  83. Nov 13, 2011
    Modern warfare 2 is good, but not even killfests compare to the simulation and entertainment I get from battlefield 3.

Walls and building being destroyed. Rubble and debris everywhere! Tanks and squads assaulting strategic areas a la flag placements.  Being holed up in a building while the enemy is beseiging it with tanks, helicoptors, snipers while your squad works together

Being holed up in a building while the enemy is beseiging it with tanks, helicoptors, snipers while your squad works together to heal, supply each other and take out the enemy!

Oh man...modern warfare 2 does not offer this. It only gives you kill rushes. Thats it. And im sure mw3 does the same. I...cannot accept this over the massive stimulation I get from battlefield 3. I get less kills, but The overall experience is better.

People who complain about battlefield 3 cuz of the single player campaign, snipers, people hidden in rubble that look like dead bodies are a bunch of **** who bring down a good game. So, what do you want...fking to have men rush you like monsters do in power rangers so you can get your easy kills?

I don't give a **** about bf3 single player. Bf3 isnt about singleplayer. Its all about the multiplayer, and all you **** who think ps3 graphics sucks for bf3 are a bunch of ****. Graphics dont always make the game---hence why bf2 from 2005 is still the king over all these games. Bf2 is the true call of duty killer, and I fking hate it every time I see a little bc2 **** with a bc2 dog tag playing bf3. I wish bad company would die a horrible death along with goldeneye-of-warfare 3.
  84. Nov 13, 2011
    A quick review on the goods... Or bads, rather.

It's a repackaged Modern Warfare 2, that does a great injustice to Modern Warfare 2. Imagine a delayed version of Modern Warfare 2 with some crappy or only half-way decent new maps. When I said delayed I mean that it takes longer to do everything in this game. Whether that's using a UAV killstreak, aiming, etc. The game isn't very smooth.
    A quick review on the goods... Or bads, rather.

The game isn't very smooth. I, personally, enjoy Call of Duty for it's fast pace and seamless gameplay. This one seems blockier and slower than it's predecessors.

They tweaked bullet damage or health or something. It takes longer to get a kill during your standard bullet exchanged, but they've also thrown in a "Wow that's a lucky shot" factor that happens WAY WAY too often. Play for 30 minutes and you'll have experienced enough of it in your favor to go, "WTF?" and not in your favor to say, "Wow, really?"

Killstreaks might as well be free candy on a parade day, because everyone is getting them and they never stop. I'd love to have 5 seconds without someone on either team calling in another UAV or care package or blah blah blah.

Hardcore fanboys will say this is a great game, and that it's the best of the series. They're deluded.

It isn't really a horrible game. It's just a major disappointment. It doesn't live up to the hype. It doesn't even come close to living up to it. I guess I'll be considering myself a Battlefield player when I'm in the mood to get my FPS-on for the next year or so and I'll likely rent the next Call of Duty that comes out before making a purchase. You think they did this whole elite, pay 60 bucks, and get every expansion free for a year crap because they knew this game was going to be this bad?
  85. Nov 14, 2011
    MW3 brings nothing new. It's a good arcade game to play with friends but thats where the fun ends. Nothing innovative here & the fact it still uses the same engine that cod4 used really tells you everything you need to know. Although BF3 has it's flaws at least it has brought something new to the table & requires skill. Looks like it's back to the store for a trade. Enjoy MW3 those thatMW3 brings nothing new. It's a good arcade game to play with friends but thats where the fun ends. Nothing innovative here & the fact it still uses the same engine that cod4 used really tells you everything you need to know. Although BF3 has it's flaws at least it has brought something new to the table & requires skill. Looks like it's back to the store for a trade. Enjoy MW3 those that play it but don't forget you all have school tomorrow so bed by 9!!! :-P Expand
  86. Nov 14, 2011
    This game doesn't deserve a review I've reviewed Modern Warfare 2 and should just repost that its the same game. Developers need to stop being rewarded for lazy work. I have owned all the previous Call of Duty's and this game does't move the ball forward a bit. They rehashed and recycled the same content as was in the prior ones, they used the same engine, and this shouldn't be acceptable.This game doesn't deserve a review I've reviewed Modern Warfare 2 and should just repost that its the same game. Developers need to stop being rewarded for lazy work. I have owned all the previous Call of Duty's and this game does't move the ball forward a bit. They rehashed and recycled the same content as was in the prior ones, they used the same engine, and this shouldn't be acceptable. There are a multitude of great games coming out and this is the one that is going to sell the best. This game should be discarded and the industry should grow stronger from rewarding developers who aren't trying to reap the benefits of having a much loved franchise. Buy Skyrim, buy Arkham City and leave this game where it belongs on the store shelves, dusty and forgotten. Expand
  87. Nov 14, 2011
    Total over hyped trash, same game different year. Save yourself $60 and play the Call of Duty game you already have! This game should just be sold as a MW2 expansion pack. The game literally reuses textures and models from past CoD games, including CoD4.
  88. Nov 15, 2011
    First off, I strictly play multiplayer, so this review DOES NOT reflect campaign in anyway. I think that MW3 is a hard for people that got bored of MW2, because it is so very similar. Even the trucks have the same logo like MW2, same font even on all things. With the addition of the theater type mode, and voting on maps in the lobby, it in someways reflects Black Ops. I think the gameFirst off, I strictly play multiplayer, so this review DOES NOT reflect campaign in anyway. I think that MW3 is a hard for people that got bored of MW2, because it is so very similar. Even the trucks have the same logo like MW2, same font even on all things. With the addition of the theater type mode, and voting on maps in the lobby, it in someways reflects Black Ops. I think the game could of went far and beyond what it is, but it is just an average sequel. I see it as an expensive map-pack with some extra few goodies thrown in there. Expand
  89. Nov 17, 2011
    Crap from start to finish, soul-less cash in. and LOL at the MW3 developers twittering to their supporters to come and give mw3 a good score. pathetic. dont buy this game, dont support lazy, cash in, console ports like this trash
  90. Nov 17, 2011
    Terrible game. Dated, incoherent, unbalanced and over priced. The single player is short but not short enough to make the holes in the plot disappear. And it lags terribly on the unbalanced, poorly designed multiplayer.
  91. Nov 17, 2011
    The exact same game as previous years, but with LESS and WORSE over all game play mechanics! The single player was short and lacking in every possible way and the multiplayer is no different than the previous dribble of years past. Save your money and make room for a real FPS shooter to hit the market
  92. Nov 17, 2011
    There is just no excuse to make the same game every year and call it "new" time for some creativity.

Every year this overrated, Michael Bay-Like games series gets the praise and money of billions of people for being the exact same game every year, while older game series try with everything they can to get with the times and improove their formulas to not to be left behing and still get the bashing of hundreds of people... How come this series gets away with it? it has been just 8 years to make me want to vomit.

So adding a new manu layout changes nothing, not even adding a strategy map is called innovation.

But what about the online? that's what the game is about right? well no if I'm paying a sick high ammount of money just to struggle to play with someone decent, I don't even know where most of these people actually got any kind of education, in the jungle?
  93. Nov 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So i got this game on release date and i am very shocked at how well this game came out. From the epic single player campaign to the awesome multiplayer and spec ops. The gun play has been balanced and so have the nobtubes and rockets and all the explosives. The new packages offer a wide variety of gameplay to the super "lone wolf" to the team- based player. The maps feel like modern warfare maps with the firefights usually occuring in houses and open ground and snipers now have a better chance at long range gameplay. No gun is overpowered since i have used all of them and kick butt with all of them equally. The elite package is an awesome upgrade to the game allowing you to see all of your games played and where you died and by who and by what gun. ELite TV is freaking amazing telling you how to play each map for certain types of game modes and how to use each gun with very specific details. The new killstreaks are super awesome. Nothing better then walking around with a recon juggernaut and just being a total tank. The specialist package is freaking amazing and is totally worth playing it if your a super lone wolf (25 kills with specialist package gives you a nuke) Expand
  94. Nov 18, 2011
    This is hands down the worst Call of Duty game I have ever played. It was one of the worst games in general. Forget the facts that the game hasn't changed much since CoD4, the game itself is not very good.

the game doesn't improve on the most important points the hit detection is awful, the spawn points are even worse the online system is all the same....what? different care packages?

the game doesn't improve on the most important points

the hit detection is awful, the spawn points are even worse

the online system is all the same....what? different care packages? different guns that act similar to guns from games past? come on.....we need more than that

how about revamping the whole online system...change how we respawn,im tired of the 15 sec system respawn time..change the hit detection, gives us a deeper level of playing, not more customizable options...things need changing and this game does not do it
  95. Nov 18, 2011
    This is a Very bad Game, but a very good DLC ... Call of Duty Elite prenium is a very bad trip with a prenium option ridiculous .. Infinity Ward is dead, call of duty is dead, Activision is the worst video game box in the world
  96. Dec 24, 2011
    Same $hit As mw2 MP is full of camping noobs unbalanced Guns if your looking for some good games may wanna have a look at Batman arkham city Skyrim and Battlefield 3 and if you own a ps3 (and if your reading this you more then likely do) then have a look at killzone 3 too
  97. Dec 24, 2011
    They added NOTHING!I'm not good at FPS's so i'm giving this game a poor review.Can't tell why,can't see why,I hate it,no good,No fun at all.Just NO FUN AT AlL!(no offence CoD fans)
  98. Dec 25, 2011
    Good grief! Big sense of déjá vu here. Expected much better from the "biggest entertainment launch of all time" and the "best shooter of 2011" which turns out to be the "most overrated game of 2011" and the "biggest entertainment flop of all time" not to mention the "lowest quality cash cow franchise of all time".
  99. Dec 27, 2011
    I played the game and the campaign was decent. But that was the only decent 3 hours of the game. Just go play Shivering Isles that was great DLC. But this expansion pack is sloppily executed, poorly written and is rife with kids screaming at you. Not fun.
  100. Dec 27, 2011
    Sixty dollar map pack is what this re-hash of the last game turned out to be. Pretty much same exact game with new maps. No story, same graphics, gear , everything! They just put CoD MW2 in a new box and added a 3 in the title . Very shady.

1. Feb 10, 2012
    There's a tangible insistence from gamers that this series needs to evolve, but it seems unwarranted when it still leads the FPS class. The engine's definitely in need of an overhaul, but when it comes to thumping set-pieces and addictive multiplayer design, Modern Warfare 3 is still in a league of its own.
  2. Feb 1, 2012
    By sticking to the series' strengths, Modern Warfare 3 delivers some of the best competitive, cooperate, and single-player shooting in the business.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Jan 4, 2012