7.4

1. Nov 16, 2010
    Probably the best WW2 game out there to date. Excellent game, very authentic, many WW2 guns to choose from. Highly realistic, Believable story, with a very fun online multiplayer. I highly recommend the game to any WW2 fan, you can even drive tanks! Plenty of add on maps, zombie features for extra fun, this is defenitly a collectors item!
  2. Nov 19, 2010
    In this ordr W@W,MW2, and Black Ops. W@W is great because there isn't as much camping as in MW2 or Black Ops(which is why i quit). Plus I love the World War 2 area guns. Yes grahpics are the greatest. but, I still love it.
  3. Nov 30, 2010
    This is the greatest Call of Duty to date. I have played Cod 4 and let me tell you compared to this game it is terribly overhyped. World at War is Way better. The guns may not fire as fast but they do way more damage and are longer ranged than most guns in COD 4. Sargent Reznov is a truly remarkable charcter who is not only excellent with a PPSH but is just an epic charcter to begin with. The Flamethrowers are an excellent addition to an already awesome lineup of weapons and the scene where Chernov dies is truly remarkable and sad at the same time. Zombie mode is pretty fun even though I have yet to get to play the games multiplayer.The game has wonderful graphics especially the Stalingrad level, the Berlin levels, and all of the pacific levels. The AI is greatly improved from Treyarchs other titles. Meleeing does not half freeze the game like in the PS3 version of COD 4 which was really annoying. Another amazing thing is the Black Cats level which was one of the first levels I have played in a World War two game or any game for that matter that almost left me in tears of how well made it was. In my opinion this is the greatest WWII shooter ever made and quite possibly the greatest Shooter Ever made. A true Must Buy. Expand
  4. Jun 22, 2012
    My favorite CoD by far... I love the campaign, because it shows me how things in WW2 worked. The american campaign is not that exciting, but if you say that the russian campaign sucks, you are retarded. The multiplayer is just like CoD4: Great maps, medium quantity of weapons and it's really balanced. The zombies were the most awesome things, 'cause nobody would ever expect that from a CoD game.
  5. Dec 28, 2012
    My favourite Call of Duty game. The simplicity of CoD4 plus the awesome maps and WW2 atmosphere makes for a very, very fun MP game. It may not be addictive as, say, MW2, but the fun factor more than makes up for that.
  6. Nov 11, 2012
    This is the best Call of Duty in the series. MW is a crappy lame boring series that put me to sleep..Cannot wait for the true COD made by the better company. BO2 is gonna rock.
  7. Aug 22, 2010
    World at war is a very underrated game, simply because of its predessor, cod 4
    I found while cod 4 was a great game, it was too over powered
    World at war's campaign is intense and has loads of things to do in it
    Coop, suped up multiplayer, and NAZI ZOMBIES, which is exelent along with some friends
    The multiplayer itself seems alot more fun rather than addictive like cod 4, which I prefur

Overall, dont listen to people that say that cod 4 is the better one, because this game is better in its own little ways
  8. Sep 27, 2010
    Even though there are countless WWII games out there, this one seems to still be interesting. Other games taking place during that era are generally monotonous, but this has some life to it. And to add some more differences to the game, the Nazi Zombies campaign surprisingly gets pretty playable.
  9. Mar 15, 2014
    For those wondering why CoD should return to WWII, play this game. Right now, it's dirt cheap. The campaign has a good story, and it's shows the grittiness of war. If we should return to WWII, I want to see what the North African campaign and the Italian campaign would look like with the engine we used since MW1 (no better yet, make an entirely new one). Online still exists, but it's littered with hackers. Wish Treyarch would still patch this game, even though it's 6 years old. Many companies still support their games, even if they're 10 years old! So buy this game if you don't have it; it's one of the last good CoD games (Oh, and here is where the Zombies mode started so try that out too). Expand
  10. Feb 9, 2012
    Honestly the reason why lots of people put this a low number was because cod 4 was a REALLY good game and this isn't as good as cod 4 BUT its still great. From the great guns in multiplayer to the amazing zombie co-op this game has a great potential . OK the single player is short and a little average with pretty dumb ai (to the point that a Japanese soldier would run past all my teammates and come for me) but the co-op and multiplayer are where this game shines .

Story: 5 ai:3,5 plot:7,5 notes: ai are dumb but the plot isn't the Normandy beach for the thousandth time!!! it's the fall of Berlin and stuff like that! Overall don't buy this game just for the single player. Co-op: 9 ai: 3,5 plot: 7,5 note: Same as the 1 player just with a friend!The Nazi zombies are the heart of co-op without it it wouldn't be the same!

multiplayer: 9 if any new patches for the glitches if not 8 replay-ability : 9,5 fun: 7,5 note: this would in my opinion be better than cod 4 multiplayer if treyarch stopped the hackers and glitchers .

OVERALL: 9 note: this game is really fun a must buy for the ww2 fans and for cod 4 fans really good work treyarch!!!
  11. Mar 17, 2012
    This is the best Call of Duty ever made, better than Modern Warfare 1. And that actually sounds kind of drastic, so let me explain why.

First off, this game has quite possibly the best Campaign ever. Not only is this game returning to the roots of Call of Duty, which is very nice, but it's actually going out of it's way to feature a different setting for it's Campaign missions! I don't
    remember the Pacific Campaign or the Russian push towards Germany being done in previous CoD games, so that's a big plus. And this Campaign has Reznov, the best character to come out of the franchise. Also, the Co-op was a nice addition to the game, as it lets you run through the Campaign with friends or online strangers, so that was very nice of Treyarch to add in. As for the Zombies... it's Zombies. It's a very fun mode to play, especially with friends. The multiplayer takes what CoD 4 did right and improved it. Not only are the perks done much better (Besides second chance **** that perk)), but the guns and the maps are also improved upon. You will not fight an overpowered or underpowered gun in this game, besides the MP40. The tanks were also a nice addition too.

But I still haven't explained why I think WaW is better than CoD 4. My reasoning is that while Modern Warfare 1 had a very solid Campaign as well as a very solid Multiplayer... that was it. CoD 4 had two solid modes to play around in, WaW had 4. So there's where I stand. This game is much better due to power in numbers.

So, all in all, this game gets a 9 for solid gametypes all across the board. The hiccoughs in the multiplayer bump it down a little, but only a little. This is still a wonderful game and my personal favorite in the CoD franchise.
  12. May 27, 2012
    My personal favorite COD that features World War 2.
    The campaign is amazing, co-op zombies is awesome and you get bayonettes with which you can stab people!
    Multiplayer is the reason this game got a 9/10. The maps are great but the weapons are boring.
    In general great game.
  13. Mar 8, 2014
    In my opinion, this is definitely the best looking Call of Duty game I have ever seen, the game was fun, gritty and perfectly represented the anarchy of war, particularly on veteran difficulty which made me feel like I was actually there.
  14. May 3, 2014
    Amazing graphics,a lot of blood and the best call of duty story by far.The only default is in the online games,there is a lot of hackers and too much lags.Another little default is the guns,they are really bad except for the PPSH.
  15. Sep 7, 2014
    The best WW2 FPS game in my opinion. the campaign is stunning, and you can drive freaking tanks! one of my favourite Cod games. In the COD franchise this is a gem.
  16. Nov 20, 2014
    Call of Duty World at War can be rated amongst the best World War games of all time. The campaign is tense, with much variation between each mission. Just like Modern Warfare, the multiplayer is addictive and fantastic, each map fits well with each game mode, including the soundtrack. The zombie mode with a bunch of friends becomes is thrilling.

1. Call of Duty: World At War needs better character development and more "oh my God" moments. However, it's still a terrific first-person shooter. The combat is tight, the presentation shines and the multiplayer, particularly Nazi Zombie mode and co-op campaign, will keep you blasting enemy soldiers for weeks.
  2. Treyarch did a remarkable job of breathing new life into the WWII shooter. They followed the conventions outlined by Infinity Ward to a tee and, as a result, created a shooter that is every bit as good as last year's entry. Of course, there isn't a whole lot of innovation this time around, but the increased Multiplayer options, new settings, and great enemy A.I. should more than satisfy all but the most jaded Infinity Ward fanboys.
  3. Call of Duty: World at War is a solid entry to the franchise, offering some pretty intense gameplay and nice new online features. However, the return to WWII means that it feels like a game you’ve played before.