Captain America: Super Soldier PlayStation 3

7.3

1. Jul 26, 2011
    To put this in a short and simple way this is almost like an enjoyable rip of Batman Arkham Asylum. I like the WW2 setting but this never really shows it. The story could of been better if it was based on the movie which is strange to say for a game but at least it would of give a bit of variety to the locations. The challenges are fun but no real challenge and the amazing amount ofTo put this in a short and simple way this is almost like an enjoyable rip of Batman Arkham Asylum. I like the WW2 setting but this never really shows it. The story could of been better if it was based on the movie which is strange to say for a game but at least it would of give a bit of variety to the locations. The challenges are fun but no real challenge and the amazing amount of collectables does get addictive even if you never watch or read what they unlock. At the end of the day if you dont like Captain America then rent it but if you are a nut for the walking American Flag then you should pick this up. Expand
  2. Jul 19, 2011
    'Batman: Arkham Asylum' set a new standard for Superhero games, and while I think that major game reviewers wrote 'Super Soldier' off a little too early based simply on the fact that it was a movie import, it isn't absolutely awful. It suffers from some graphical choppiness, and excessively shallow character development (experientially), but the combat can be fun and dynamic. Introducing a'Batman: Arkham Asylum' set a new standard for Superhero games, and while I think that major game reviewers wrote 'Super Soldier' off a little too early based simply on the fact that it was a movie import, it isn't absolutely awful. It suffers from some graphical choppiness, and excessively shallow character development (experientially), but the combat can be fun and dynamic. Introducing a fictional character to a new generation of gaming, however, should be done with far more style and polish, and
    as this game has neither, we're forced to toss another lackluster Superhero game into the pile.
  3. Aug 6, 2011
    This is a fun game - especially if you are a fan of comic books and Captain America in general. I basically felt like I was playing Batman: Arkyhm Asylum, but with a 1940's Captain America flavor. Is it as polished or clean as Batman...no. But then again you can buy it for $10-20 less retail than Batman.

For a game based on a movie, this is a big win for the gamers. Most tie-ins are very poor...you can tell someone spent some time here.

Lastly - it is a pretty easy Platinum trophy to obtain if you want. I felt like I was wasting time collecting some items in the game...if you aren't into trophies, don't bother. The challenges, though, aren't impossible like some were in Batman. A little work and it pays off.

I recommend buying it on Amazon for a cheap price and playing through. Do it soon and you can still get a decent trade-in price for a solid title.
  4. Mar 31, 2012
    Good and entertaining game, this is the best Marvel videogame Sega has given to us. It added more villains than the film, which is a thing that I like on movie games. Also, it was fun to control Captain America and throw his mighty shield at HYDRA's soldier. If the story was better and longer, it would have been a very good game.
  5. Apr 1, 2014
    Just finished the game
    1st. It's a cheap Arkham Asylum knockoff. It's embarrassing how much they took. I started the game thinking why didn't Warner sue Next Level. Anyhoo, getting past that.
    2nd what original effort was put in (namely the story and set-piece graphics) are excellent and saved this game, it being 3rd linear as all get out.. The sewers are only necessary for a second
    Just finished the game
    3rd linear as all get out.. The sewers are only necessary for a second playthrough. Finally
    4th I thought the Crippling strikes were fun and well used. The difficulty was very forgiving and having played at normal I only had to start over maybe four scenes. I am satisfied with the difficulty level.

Overall a good rental. Now time for me to finish the challenges...
  6. Aug 8, 2014
    Although the combat system is occasionally pleasant, the plot lines rarely have aim to where it's going and the details of the graphics are poorly executed.
  7. Apr 17, 2016
    To put this in a short and simple way this is almost like an enjoyable rip of Batman Arkham Asylum. I like the WW2 setting but this never really shows it. The story could of been better if it was based on the movie which is strange to say for a game but at least it would of give a bit of variety to the locations. The challenges are fun but no real challenge and the amazing amount ofTo put this in a short and simple way this is almost like an enjoyable rip of Batman Arkham Asylum. I like the WW2 setting but this never really shows it. The story could of been better if it was based on the movie which is strange to say for a game but at least it would of give a bit of variety to the locations. The challenges are fun but no real challenge and the amazing amount of collectables does get addictive even if you never watch or read what they unlock. At the end of the day if you don't like Captain America then rent it but if you are a nut for the walking American Flag then you should pick this up. Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Oct 6, 2011
    Captain America: Super Soldier is rudimentary gaming at its worst, a tired old melange of linear corridor crawling and basic brawling. It's utterly unsatisfying. That the whole thing weighs in at a squidge over four hours only further sabotages any shred of quality that managed to smuggle itself into the final game. Don't play this. [September 2011 p76]
  2. Sep 8, 2011
    It's no Game of the Year, but it's a solid product for fans.
  3. PSM3 Magazine UK
    Sep 1, 2011
    The man packs a punch, but boring design and repetitive action leaves him hiding in the Dark Knight's shadow. [Oct 2011, p.103]