Conflict: Denied Ops PlayStation 3

3.1

1. MVeal
    Feb 9, 2008
    Awful, no fun to play, weak graphics, a real shot in the foot for the Conflict series.
  2. R.Renk
    Feb 25, 2008
    Simply abysmal all around. I wonder why they did not just took the very good (and very underrated) Conflict Global as a template. A different design team must have created this one - probably as a bad joke or user test or something. Afterwards they just released it as part of the Conflict-Series which is nothing less than an insult.
  3. MAtin
    Mar 5, 2008
    I loved this game when it was 3rd person and fun.

This on the other hand is simply unplayable.
    Luckily there is a demo but I would strongly recommend steering clear.
    Even the demo manages to annoy you.

Pivotal, what are you doing...Go back to the roots of the series, it's a huge shame to see this franchise fall this badly.
  4. JohnM.
    Feb 14, 2008
    This game is really really really bad. I bought it on a whim and luckily for me my friend works at Gamestop so I was able to return it. I think this game would have been below average on last gen console and the fact its supposed to be current/next gen is a disgrace. Eidos has completely fallen off and now they really aren't even an average developer. The whole mechanic of this game This game is really really really bad. I bought it on a whim and luckily for me my friend works at Gamestop so I was able to return it. I think this game would have been below average on last gen console and the fact its supposed to be current/next gen is a disgrace. Eidos has completely fallen off and now they really aren't even an average developer. The whole mechanic of this game was awful, switching back and forth between a sneaky faster player and a stronger rock. Also, the story, voice acting, character models and weak gameplay makes this the number 1 bomb thus far in 2008. Expand
  5. Jan 21, 2013
    WORST GAME EVER.... There is not one single redeeming quality in this piece of utter garbage, I have never actually burned a game before until I was unlucky enough to come into possession of this abomination. The best part was watching it smoulder in the incinerator knowing that at least one gamer would be spared from the evil contained within. Awful, Hideous, Befouled, **** Never buy this game.
  6. the
    Sep 19, 2008
    What happened to the unique squad gameplay? Having 2 guys isn't enough, it's stupid to play, the A.I is atrocious, and it's just grating to even look at, let alone play. The previous 3 Conflict games were excellent, and required you to think and plan ahead. This is just a brash, crap shooter.
  7. Dec 17, 2013
    The fact that there are two players, one off which HAS to use a sniper, one with regular guns, breaks the game completely.
    The two players are split up constantly but the sniper can't really defend himself from close range, so what's he to do? The sniper rifle isn't very powerful either.
    Apart from that the gameplay is pretty standard and the game has nothing going for it. The best
    The best thing I can say about this game is that the gameplay/controls work fine.

1. This isn't as cinematic or exciting as "Call of Duty 4," but for people who want to clear rooms instead of triggering events, there's a lot to enjoy. For bullet-junkies jonesing for a fix, it's a perfectly decent form of violent methadone. [Mar 2008, p.110]
  2. A disastrous entry for a previously well-regarded franchise. Not even for "Conflict" nuts. [Mar 2008, p.74]
  3. If you're a fan of Conflict and/or shooters in general, you're likely to find Denied Ops shallow and dull. The two-man control system doesn't work properly. The visuals are ugly. The script is sub-Armageddon. Yes, it's easy to pick up and play. But if you're after an experience with real challenge and depth, you won't want to.