Crazy Taxi PlayStation 3

7.3

1. May 8, 2014
    This is going to be pretty long cause I loved Crazy Taxi on the PC back in the day. It's been years so for this re-release you'd expect improved graphics, maybe a split screen mode and new locations. Wrong, the gameplay and graphics are identical to the original version. Of course, it now runs at 720p and everything looks surprisingly good at full screen. I'm really pleased with theThis is going to be pretty long cause I loved Crazy Taxi on the PC back in the day. It's been years so for this re-release you'd expect improved graphics, maybe a split screen mode and new locations. Wrong, the gameplay and graphics are identical to the original version. Of course, it now runs at 720p and everything looks surprisingly good at full screen. I'm really pleased with the graphics except for the menus, which look like they were taken from the original versions and stretched in MS-Paint. Now there's an online leaderboard too, but it doesn't reallly make sense cause in order to get anywhere close to the top you'd probably have to set the traffic difficulty to Easiest and that would really take away from the game. Yes, now there's vibration support but you'll probably want to turn it off. It's still pretty fun if you don't take it seriously.
    The biggest problem of this port is audio. There are so many sound issues here and it's really dissappointing they haven't been fixed in a patch (which seems very unlikely at this point). First of all the sound effects (dialogues between passenger and driver for example, or engine noise) are almost inaudible at default configuration. If you try to fiddle with the sound settings to fix it, you'll end up with a result where neither the music nor the SFX are clearly audible. Another very annoying bug happens when you pick up or drop off a customer; the game spams you with horn sounds that don't even have a specific source (if you move around they don't fade out or get louder). The fact that this only happens downtown indicates that this was a deliberate decision (a very poor one). Also, whenever your taxi lands on the ground or goes off-road or touches a wall, there's this annoying sound that sounds like a gunshot, and it doesn't even vary, so you'll probably get to hear it a 1000 each session (VERY annoying). This was definitely absent in the original version that's for sure. Another audio problem is that sometimes the music fades out for several seconds to very low volume. BTW, the soundtrack has all been replaced. I don't mind that cause I didn't really like the original music, but it's hard to tell whether the new one is better cause you don't really get to hear it - depending on how you mix Music and SE levels on the Settings page, you'll probably end up hearing generic noise with some (hardly audible) dialogues in between.
    TL;DR: this is just a port of the original Crazy Taxi onto the PS3 with serious audio problems. Yet I can't honestly say I regretted my purchase, so if you really like Crazy Taxi and wanna play on the PS3 go get it. You can definitely find a better use for 10 bucks though but I'll leave that up to you.
  2. Apr 17, 2016
    Es muy divertido.Lo que pasa es que le falta mas mapas,coches y modos pero esta bien.Si pasas cerca de coches o haces saltos consigues mas dinero.Es bastante irrealista,de echo tu coche es inmortal y puedes ir debajo del agua pero son cosas intersante que le dan sentimiento a este juego

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Feb 16, 2011
    The added HD treatment is a bit of a disappointment though. [Jan 2011, p.118]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jan 25, 2011
    Obviously, after eleven years the visuals haven't fared so well either. Back in the pre-GTA days Sega's take on San Fran was drool-worthy. Nowadays it's like driving through a bad cubist nightmare. Newer gamers who go in expecting some of the modern creature comforts – like traffic AI, lip synching or a physics system that makes a lick of sense – will be slapped in the face with a culture shock. Anyone who doesn't want their objective arrow to act like a broken ouija board won't like this game much either. [February 2011 p81]
  3. SpazioGames
    Jan 9, 2011
    It's Crazy Taxi as you already know it: if you've already played it, there's no reason at all to spend more money for the same deal.