Crysis 3 PlayStation 3

6.4

1. Jun 3, 2013
    Only about a 7hrs of game play. Looks stunning for an aging PS3 but no comparison to PC. For how short the game was the story is what really drew me in. The ending is fantastic. Not worth $60.
  2. Mar 5, 2013
    The single player is okay but the Multiplayer stands out. It's a blend of battlefield and halo, but with a lot more strategy in how to manage your suits energy. It's really a blast
  3. Feb 21, 2013
    Although i was not waiting for this game to come out nearly as much as i was waiting for crysis 2 2 years ago, i still like this game. best game that has come out so far this year. singleplayer gives many different ways to engage the enemy and not just by picking up a SMG instead of assault rifle. also, its not just average 3-4 hour singleplayer. the multiplayer fixes almost everything iAlthough i was not waiting for this game to come out nearly as much as i was waiting for crysis 2 2 years ago, i still like this game. best game that has come out so far this year. singleplayer gives many different ways to engage the enemy and not just by picking up a SMG instead of assault rifle. also, its not just average 3-4 hour singleplayer. the multiplayer fixes almost everything i didnt like about crysis 2, for example, crysis 2 was a lot of energy saving because sprint, armor and cloak all used the same energy bar, now you can sprint as long as you want and cloak and armor have their own separate bars. and if your wondering your PS3 wont handle this game because the hardware is dated:dont. this game runs perfectly or PS3. PS4 comes out this year but this will beone the most beautiful games you will ever see on PS3. Collapse
  4. Mar 1, 2013
    It's the first Crysis game I've tried on a console instead of PC and I must say it looks damn impressive, especially considering the outdated tech powering the good ol' PS3. But Crysis was never just about graphics for me, but gameplay and story. Gameplay doesn't exactly change from C2, with few additions like the overpowered bow (Firing while cloaked? please. Still satisfying to killIt's the first Crysis game I've tried on a console instead of PC and I must say it looks damn impressive, especially considering the outdated tech powering the good ol' PS3. But Crysis was never just about graphics for me, but gameplay and story. Gameplay doesn't exactly change from C2, with few additions like the overpowered bow (Firing while cloaked? please. Still satisfying to kill with, though.) and the hacking minigame which you can't cancel once triggered. But the storyline is this iteration's strong point now it's more personal, quoting the game, "it's never been just about the suit", with a great memorable ending. Level design is also a major improvement, with 7 beautiful and non-linear levels, which are larger than in C2, but (of course) smaller than in the original. As for multiplayer, it is quite engaging, and the Hunter mode kicks ass. One big letdown is the game's length even with all the side missions and some datapad hunting, the slow and steady stealth playthrough took me only 7 hours 20 minutes. By the way, the datapads contain some very interesting background information with some plot base for possible future games (Are you sure that Nomad's dead?) To sum up, the overall impression is that the game is more of a standalone expansion like Warhead was to original Crysis, and not the actual third part of the trilogy, with its shortness and few gameplay changes. However, it's a damn good add-on, improving on Crysis 2 in everything but the game's length, and it's a damn good game overall. They called him Prophet. And I will remember him. Expand
  5. Mar 2, 2013
    The character development is non-existent. The plot is forgettable. The weapons are good, not great. Upgrades take too long to achieve. The grass moves funny. The AI cheats at times, spotting you the second you uncloak no matter how obscure your position. But when you're crawling your way through a drowned New York City, cloaking, stealth killing, and problem-solving your way to finishThe character development is non-existent. The plot is forgettable. The weapons are good, not great. Upgrades take too long to achieve. The grass moves funny. The AI cheats at times, spotting you the second you uncloak no matter how obscure your position. But when you're crawling your way through a drowned New York City, cloaking, stealth killing, and problem-solving your way to finish levels, it's all worth it and then some. Awesome scale, polished visuals, and responsive controls make it better than Crysis 1 or 2 IMHO. This is not a great game, but it's very good--a must-play in spite of its flaws. Expand
  6. Feb 25, 2013
    Crysis 3 looks decent enough just good graphics not excellent this is were the console versions suffer slightly compared too pc graphics. I have noticed objects popping up in front of me quite a bit while playing single player. Having said that the game play is solid the guns feel weighty and the sound fx are great the enemy ai seems to have improved from crysis 2 as well. The difficultiesCrysis 3 looks decent enough just good graphics not excellent this is were the console versions suffer slightly compared too pc graphics. I have noticed objects popping up in front of me quite a bit while playing single player. Having said that the game play is solid the guns feel weighty and the sound fx are great the enemy ai seems to have improved from crysis 2 as well. The difficulties above normal are a good challenge hard or above is recommended for a second play thru. The campaign intro is really good if you have played crysis 2 and really gets you ready for stepping into prophets suit one final time. The multi player offers plenty of old favorites like crash site/ spears a king of the hill domination mode, capture the relay,crysis3 take on capture the flag, data capture, the new hunter mode and the standard team death match, deathmatch, with nanosuit or without the suits as cell operatives which adds a new twist to the gameplay. All in all a comprehensive package for fans of the series or players who want a solid multiplayer game with good net code and a stable server. Expand
  7. Nov 6, 2013
    This is my favourite Crysis game. It is shorter and sweeter. The plot isn't the best you're going to find this year, but it's there. The gameplay is superb as you might expect. Not a lot has changed since Crysis 2. The inclusion of the Predator Bow is awesome and makes the game better for it.
  8. Mar 15, 2013
    Crysis 3 disappointed me back in E3 2012 but thankfully the game really exceeded my expectations by almost a mile. So, what makes this game so great? First of all, its the Cryengine 3 and its awesome capabilities that gives the game such a unique and expensive feel to it, and im not just talking about thetechnical graphics, I'll cover the rest later. Speaking of graphics (I could go on forCrysis 3 disappointed me back in E3 2012 but thankfully the game really exceeded my expectations by almost a mile. So, what makes this game so great? First of all, its the Cryengine 3 and its awesome capabilities that gives the game such a unique and expensive feel to it, and im not just talking about thetechnical graphics, I'll cover the rest later. Speaking of graphics (I could go on for an our about how incredible the graphics are) Crysis 3 is no doubt the best looking game on all platforms. While still impressive on consoles, it's an early next-gen experience for PC gamers. The game is so packed with details it's sometimes hard not to just wander around and marvel at the visuals. I played the game on PS3 as well, and I eventually found myself zooming in at a plant with my sniper rifle, surprisingly the plant was still high-res and detailed unlike most other console games where the texture would end up looking washed out. This, in a console game! When it comes to artistic design developer Crytek has decided to combine the lush jungle environment in the first game (just like the fans wanted) with the urban setting of Crysis 2 and made the city of New York a giant greenhouse(literary an urban jungle this time). This is pure nature reclaiming what belongs to it. The beautiful trees and plants, the water, the tall grass, the excellent sound design and the addition of new lensflares makes the environment come to life. It creates an atmosphere of humidity and heat I've never experienced before. The music score is also very well done if not better than crysis 2 in some areas, this shows that crysis 3 will not only please your eyes, but ears as well. I really recommend playing the game with headphones (adds to the experience a lot).
    So back to Cryengine 3, the core design method of the series. Did I mention Crysis 3 is a mix of 1 and 2? The level design works like a funnel. It's pretty straight forward and dialog heavy at first but later on the game expands itself throughout until it's very much comparable to the original Crysis, you even have vehicles to drive around with although not as many as in Crysis 1. Considering the amount of tools, mechanics, and nanosuit finesses in these 7 environments the possibilities are almost overwhelming. Simply play in a way that fits your personal style. Crysis has always been about adaptive warfare, that means you control the pacing by choosing your path, and you can use the environment to your advantage. This allow for a ridiculous amount of replay value not to mention the many collectibles and weapon attachments spread out in the liberty dome. The human enemy Cell AI is the best I've seen in a videogame. They rarely glitch (cough* crysis 2 cough*) and feel like real soldiers at times. They communicate and respond in a believable way and can think tactically (call for reinforcements, regroup and assault etc). The traditional Ceph grunt is similar to the ones in crysis 2 (except they doesn't get stuck in walls), however here we get to experience newer ceph units such as a big metallic, fire breathing bug or a velociraptor like stalker unit with long sharp claws. I don't think people realize how advanced and how much effort has been put into the Cryengine 3. Story wise the dialog shows mercy to its audience this time. Many didn't like the story of crysis 2 because it was so cryptic, Crysis 3 in the other hand fills nearly all questions and holes of the series, It explains why the enemy ceph are so different in crysis 2 compared to 1 for an example.
    The game is definitely the most story driven of the three, there is so much depth and detail to it and if you really understand the story of the crysis universe you will be interested. (details also referred to as cell intel) The story also focuses a lot on characters and dialog especially the relationship between Prophet (main character) and Psycho (side character), they both have solid personalities. The dialog is about distrust and can get quite touching and psychological at times, voice acting is also well done. Multiplayer has been very much refined fixing a lot of the bugs and flaws of the previous game, unfortunately there is no powerstruggle mode fans have been raving about as the game expands upon the crysis 2 multiplayer. There are a few innovative modes such as "Hunter mode" but there is also the traditional team deathmatch and capture the flag. There is a progression and customization system similar to many other mp shooters. You have many different weapons, perks and attachment. The gameplay is incredibly fluid and almost feels like an arena shooter. A VTOL and an alien walker has been added to the mix to spread the chaos even more. Multiplayer is something most people will enjoy but I personally play Crysis for its singleplayer. Crysis 3 is a super game in almost every way so it gets a 9.5 out of 10.
  9. Mar 30, 2013
    I normally only play 3rd person shooters but took a leap of faith and tried this one out. I am gad I did, I loved it! This was a great game till like the last 2 missions, it's like they gave up on it.
  10. Dec 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you played this on pc,you will see the difference in graphic and fps between pc and ps3.The graphic looks good compared to mostly other shooter games,you can see dust blowing around,grasses and trees moves as wind blows,especially the way the water splash or vibrate.The single player has an epic story(although time too complete isn't very long about 8 hours) and keeps giving thoughts that make us felt curious about whats going to happen and how it happens.Example:(SPOILERS ALERT)the ending of the game where prophet had gain the ability to go armor and stealth mode without the suit,it gives me tons of thought about how it happened :1)maybe when he falls from outer space,the flames burned his suit and sticks all the alien tech in his body. 2)or the real prophet already install the alien tech in his body and the suit is just a decoration.The solution?No one knows!Although the players in multiplayer isn't as many as some games,but it's fun,the way how you plan your strategy by using full advantage of your suit,this isn't just about shooting and killing enemies,it's about how you kill them!
    -epic story
    -fun multiplayer
    -good graphics
    -superhuman mode isn't insanely hard to complete
    -short time for story completion
    -worth of replay?=2 to 4 times(should have complete superhuman mode)
    Thanks for reading
  11. Feb 13, 2014
    stunning visuals in 3d. superb music. cool open world. great game.the game is awesome. love it on my ps3. nothing to complain about. only where is crysis 4!
  12. Jan 15, 2014
    Crysis series single player is what the Halo series should have turned into. In fact, playing Crysis for the first time was a lot like what playing Combat Evolved was like for the first time: original story, awesome open set-pieces, refined and fluid gameplay, and solid state-of-the-art graphics. Crysis 3 gives more of the same.

Story is nothing substantial. It is fairly short

Story is nothing substantial. It is fairly short (depending how you play the game). Took me probably about 8 hours. Graphics are of course the best of the system. They don’t seem nearly as impressive as 2’s however. The set-pieces vary, but some in the latter stages of the game are more impressive than a few early on. In this game, the bigger ones seemed to be the better ones.

The weapon’s look and feel are still the best of any FPS. There are plenty of decent weapons that vary greatly. All pack quite the punch and all are fun to use. Probably the biggest addition is the bow. The bow makes the game significantly better moreso than I could have imagined. It is fun to use a weapon that doesn’t take up suit energy so it really enhances the stealth aspect of the game.

Stealth has the same pitfalls as Far Cry 3. As a game that is supposed to have a huge stealth element, it isn’t always user-friendly. The stealth kills are temperamental perhaps as much as 2’s was, which significantly hampers the fun of the stealth especially if you are trying to flawlessly pass a level. This can actually get pretty frustrating. The other thing is over vigilant enemies. When out of cloaking mode, it will feel as if you are covered in fluorescent orange paint with a “Shoot Me” sign hanging 20 feet above your head. You could be in the bushes and an unaware enemy hundreds of yards away could start shooting at you. This makes stealth more binary than in most similar games. Overall the gameplay is still my favorite among stealth games. It allows for “quick” on the fly stealth and satisfying quick stealth-to-firefight (and vice versa) modes of fighting.

A few other minor complaints are that the vehicle driving is a chore. The controls are way too tight and the PS3 framerate didn’t seem to handle the speed that well. The suit upgrades are not very good this time around. I actually found the first set of upgrades the most useful.

Crysis 3 will could easily warrant another playthrough, but nothing else . It needs a better multiplayer to dethrone its competitors. When accounting for the total value, I give it only 4 stars.
  13. Aug 14, 2014
    Pretty much all you need to know is buy this game for the multiplayer, treat the single player as a bonus. I tried to get into the singleplayer, but I couldn't. Go here, shoot that, go stealth; melee that, etc. Too boring for me to continue after a couple hours with a rather generic story. But the multiplayer for me was very fun and addictive. It pretty much feels like cod and killzone,Pretty much all you need to know is buy this game for the multiplayer, treat the single player as a bonus. I tried to get into the singleplayer, but I couldn't. Go here, shoot that, go stealth; melee that, etc. Too boring for me to continue after a couple hours with a rather generic story. But the multiplayer for me was very fun and addictive. It pretty much feels like cod and killzone, which in general is a good thing. Now to be more specific it's cod with a nanosuit (cloak/armor/superjump). But those things make the multiplayer feel very fast paced and just different enough from other first person shooter's for me to enjoy it. It's not perfect as it does feel TOO much like cod and is pretty barebone's at that (too little support killstreaks). Otherwise a solid multiplayer with a tacked on singleplayer. Expand
  14. Apr 11, 2015
    One word: AMAZING. Great, gripping story. Fluid combat. Beautiful graphics. Fast paced multiplayer. Crysis 3, baby.

This game made me so hyped for Crysis 4.
  15. Feb 21, 2013

1. Play UK
    Apr 23, 2013
    Stunning to look at, but the experience within its gorgeously rendered environments ultimately lacks substance. [Issue#230, p.76]
  2. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Apr 22, 2013
    The beautiful and eerie locations give Crysis 3 a great atmosphere. Cowering in the tall grass, while being hunted by bloodthirsty aliens, reminded us of the terrifying raptor-scene from Jurassic Park. Blowing up a giant dam caused a spectacle big enough to make our inner vandal smile. [April 2013, p.80]
  3. Apr 8, 2013
    All-in-all Crysis 3 is a great package, despite burning bright half as long. It may have not been exactly what all the fans wanted, but it does a great job of trying to appease as many as it can without sacrificing too much. Add to this a decent, if not groundbreaking multiplayer suite and you have a solid FPS that is more than worth a look.