5.9

1. Dec 6, 2010
    this game really isnt that bad now its nothing great eather . it feels kinda like gears of war or unchated but with a jetpack. the biggest problems this game has is the bugs which get annoying like not saving your check points or after you bear a lvl , game freesing up , sound effects getting turned off for no reason ect. the graphics look like it should have been a launch game for thethis game really isnt that bad now its nothing great eather . it feels kinda like gears of war or unchated but with a jetpack. the biggest problems this game has is the bugs which get annoying like not saving your check points or after you bear a lvl , game freesing up , sound effects getting turned off for no reason ect. the graphics look like it should have been a launch game for the ps3 or xbox 360 they are bland and dull . the story is ok but its nothing that really held my attention much. voice acting is pretty solid mainly because of nolan north the man who does drake from uncharted is in the game as the main charicter. the jet pack is fun and the game play is kinda fun which saves the game abit from all thoose other problems . the game is at best a rental if nothing els out there catches your eye or you can buy it cheap i got mine for only $10 used / Expand
  2. Sep 22, 2010
    I have to be honest I really enjoyed this title and its even on my keep pile. Dark Voids problems are mostly superficial in my opinion. From a design point of view i think the game is fabulous and only commits a few minor oversights. The first oversight is that the game generally speaking has very poor AI, but the AI does not hamper this game really, its just that it's too obvious theI have to be honest I really enjoyed this title and its even on my keep pile. Dark Voids problems are mostly superficial in my opinion. From a design point of view i think the game is fabulous and only commits a few minor oversights. The first oversight is that the game generally speaking has very poor AI, but the AI does not hamper this game really, its just that it's too obvious the enemies are idiots. In other games with poor AI the designer is able to hide it well by providing some smoke and mirrors by providing you with an a NPC character to go ahead of you and engage the battle so you can't stand back and notice exactly how poor the AI is. But, in all fairness most games have the same AI, Dark Void with their design just didn't hide it well, so i guess this is why i probably actually enjoyed the game as most people just bashed it. That aside the only other thing i felt Dark Void was lacking was decent weapon selection and a more comprehensive upgrade package to the weapons. In my opinion the selectable weapons were fine but pretty minimal but there wasn't much room to play the game any way you liked. As for the critiques over the jet pack this is the very strong part of this game everyone is missing out on. The controls are fine and taking to the skies totally makes this game. For those who played it on the ground as third person shooter, well, plainly put you are not playing Dark Void as the designers intended and under that scenario I'm not surprised to hear poor reviews about players experience. If you open up the game on hardcore or whatever its highest setting is and play the game mostly with the jet pack you will see this is a fabulously overlooked game that got bashed hard fo r the wrong reasons. It may not be very deep but the fun factor is definitely there and everyone seems to have missed it. Another nice thing about this game is it is organized into chapters which you can do each night and as well most importantly I did not come across any glitches at all during the game and finished it problem free. This seems rare these days so I'm sticking up for this game. It is about a 10-15 hr game. Hope you try it (but in the air!!) Expand
  3. Oct 27, 2013
    Dark Void is a very underrated game. The shooting and flying mechanics are solid, the graphics are average. The story is really good during the first 65% of the game, the second half of the game is okay. I love Dark Void and i think more people should try it, you just might end up liking it.

1. While the shooting and platforming elements don't individually ignite the gameplay experience, when Dark Void combines them with the superb aerial combat, the action soars and the game's potential is fully realized. [Feb 2010, p.78]
  2. The jetpack might be a nice gimmick, but it’s not innovative enough to carry an entire game, especially since vertical cover can only be used in certain places. Everything else in Dark Void is as generic as generic can be. The level design, enemies, weapons and story, nothing stands out particularly. But for an eight hour single player-only experience, it should have.
  3. Unfortunately, the shining strengths of the game are buried underneath a thick layer of rust that only the thirstiest of air-junkies should bother chipping through. [Feb 2010, p.95]