6.6

1. Dec 17, 2013
    Coloring the world is really joyful at first. But the camera doesn't work very well, lack of a save button is destroying the fun of short playbursts and after a while it gets repetitive. Also, it even gets frustrating and things like mixing paint just aren't fun to play.
  2. May 28, 2013
    I played this game for 4 hours and I kept waiting for it to get fun. It is just tedious painting all the time. Requiring neither brains nor reflexes this game could probably be completed by a monkey. I don't see the appeal of this game at all. One of the most boringest games I have ever played.
  3. May 27, 2011
    I don't get why this game has such high scores, it's average at best. I'll get it to you straight, if you're a veteran gamer and looking for a good challenge, this is not for you. The only feature you may want this game for, is the fact that getting the platinum trophy is pretty easy, but be warned!!! two of the trophys may glitch on you. The gameplay is pretty bland, completelyI don't get why this game has such high scores, it's average at best. I'll get it to you straight, if you're a veteran gamer and looking for a good challenge, this is not for you. The only feature you may want this game for, is the fact that getting the platinum trophy is pretty easy, but be warned!!! two of the trophys may glitch on you. The gameplay is pretty bland, completely challengeless, and gets boring after a while. Although I have to admit painting a gray, colorless city and giving it life is kind of rewarding, but the way you're asked to acomplish this is meaningless. paint building A green, building B purple, bulding C and D brown; get red colour to press the red switch; ooohhh, you're feeling creative!!! ok, paint the rest of the buldings whatever colour you like.......It's like being in a construction worker simulator. Every now and then a new game mechanic gets into the mix, but it never feels fresh enough to be engaging. Worst part is, the idea actually has potential, had the developer given you the chance to paint in a more artistic and selfexpressive way, the game would've been more interesting, or ground breaking at least. But the way it remains now just doesn't cut full prize for a game, after the first two missions finishing the game is more homework-like than fun-like. Kids may have a better use for it, and in that matter I have to say that de time countdown seems like an unnatural feature and more than one kid will sob at how their effort went down the drain because they didn't finish the mission in 15 min. Rental at best if you feel like smoking dope and watching all the cooooooloursss!!! Expand
  4. Apr 6, 2011
    A real fun and nice looking game. The colorful world really comes out. But i have 2 pet peeves about this game. #1. the lack of save button.. it autosaves and only when you beat a level... so a huge chunk of your work could be missing if you cant finish a level in time which is frustrating #2 When you beat a stage it lets you do these extra challenges and collect things without a timeA real fun and nice looking game. The colorful world really comes out. But i have 2 pet peeves about this game. #1. the lack of save button.. it autosaves and only when you beat a level... so a huge chunk of your work could be missing if you cant finish a level in time which is frustrating #2 When you beat a stage it lets you do these extra challenges and collect things without a time limit which is great but to get back to this once you leave the level. You have to rebeat the level to get back to this point which is really annoying. so between #s 1 & 2 not only do you have to beat the level fully to save you have to collect all the extra challenges and items too before you leave the level.. This is suppose to be a kid friendly game and its not hard at all but no one wants to replay the whole level once you beat it... they should start it off with you already beating it and giving you the option to redo it. half-complain that they took away 4 players which was kinda of a bummer took away the "party" part of the game But besides these 2.5 complaints the game is still fun and worth the discounted buy i got it for Expand
  5. Mar 18, 2011
    I was looking for something different recently and was greeted by a small creature called Blob.

I have to confess that I did not pick this up but my girlfriend, who is relatively new to gaming, saw a video clip for it and was interested by it. It was only £30 brand new, so she bought it and I have to admit that I was thoroughly jealous watching her play. Basic concept is

Basic concept is around restoring colour to a grey-scale world, so blob rolls around splashing paint over all of the surfaces of the world. Each individual colour (of which there are 7) is accompanied by a unique tune, which I found rather satisfying. It is a fairly standard platforming game. Its best to say that this is not a game marketed towards the 'hardcore' gamer, as my experience of it is that it is fairly straight forward and not taxing in any way (in fact I asked my girlfriend if it is possible to die....she said she hadn't yet.)

This is a game of collection. I am perhaps a little bit OCD, but there are hundreds of different things to collect and it does take a little while to get to all of it. The only criticism I would have of this is that each level begins with a time limit that you have to complete all of the main missions in. This unfortunately hampers your ability to explore off teh beaten path, and as this time limit is never given an explanation, I can not easily understand what it is for!

Above all, this game reminds me of what gaming used to be, full of impossible creatures and bright, vibrant colours all exploded over your screen. Forget realism, this game is just about having fun. And if you have kids, this is perfect to keep them occupied without fear of guns or explosions, unless you count ink turrets!
  6. Mar 16, 2011
    During the firestorm rained down by the recent glut of first person shooters, the world almost overlooked the release of the sequel to last years sleeper hit, De Blob. Amidst all the death and destruction, thereâ
  7. Feb 27, 2011
    A gorgeous platformer with some groovin' tunes. Easy and natural controls (no shake to jump!) unique and fun levels, knowing that you are transforming the world by far is the most appealing. The cutscenes are an absolute riot! Also looks AMAZING in 3D!
  8. Feb 23, 2011
    Awesome game so much fun, so beautiful, so original!
    The music is amazing and the world is so fun to explore, the most fun you oculd ever had pressing buttons :)
  9. Feb 27, 2011

1. Apr 18, 2011
    This is definitely more of a refinement than a reinvention, but everything we loved about the original game is here in spades. If you're willing to look past its occasionally-repetitious gameplay and excessive hand-holding, you'll find de Blob 2 to be one of the wittiest, most intelligent and innovative platformers around. What's more, if you've yet to experience the joys of the timeless original, then you absolutely owe it to yourself to pick up de Blob 2. This comes highly recommended.
  2. Apr 18, 2011
    A relaxing adventure game that's a bit too much like De blob. The camera, repetition, time limit and save system are the major flaws.
  3. Apr 10, 2011