6.4

1. Jul 16, 2014
    This is absolutely the worst game I have played in my entire life. Half of it is decent and the other half is frustratingly broken. I got this game for Free from PS Plus and I want my money back!
  2. Jul 27, 2014
    Around the time Dead Space was released some people said it was the game Resident Evil 5 should have been. Something that didn't trade horror for action. Unfortunately it seems the same thing that happened to Resident Evil has now reached the Dead Space series. Dead Space 3 is an action game not a horror game.

There are some horror elements but nothing like in the first two games of the
    series. There is also co-op in the game which in order to be accommodated takes Dead Space 3 even further away from its horror roots. Some parts of the story can only be experienced in co-op mode and single-player folks are just expected to deal with it.

There are also microtransactions in Dead Space 3. Taking you out of the game into a store that tries to sell you stuff for actual money rather than fictional in-game currency. This raises the question of whether elements of the game have been made more tedious (than they otherwise would be) on purpose to encourage players to make use of microtransactions to get things done.

It’s a shame to see a once great series fade away like this and become just another action game. There are enough such games out there already. Trying to be everything for everyone meant losing what made the series good in the first place. Dead Space and Dead Space 2 are still worth playing now as much as they were years ago, I'm not sure if I can say the same about DS3 though.

1. Apr 30, 2013
    Taken as a whole, Dead Space 3 is far more infuriating than it is bad.
  2. Do yourself a favour and play DS3 like a raving masochist, straight off the bat. It’s a slick, AAA sequel that’s worthy of its place in the franchise. but only if you take the initiative and crank the difficulty. We didn’t think it possible, but Visceral has engineered a sequel that will appease old fans and entice new ones, too. [March 2013, p72]
  3. Apr 1, 2013
    Misfires and all, it’s at least commendable that Dead Space 3 makes an effort to exhibit some fresh experimentation into what has become a truly bloated media franchise; plus the combat still shines for the most part. Sadly though, better elements like the crafting system are lamentably set against a mundane and lifeless backdrop that rarely excites, let alone spooks, on the grand level of previous games in the series.