7.7

1. Jun 25, 2013
    Great game. It is outstanding compared to the other games on the same genre. If you really enjoy games like these... trust me, this is one of the best titles you can get for a low price.
  2. Apr 30, 2013
    i played zombiu for wiiu when it came out and that was really great, but this is great in a different way. i think the plot is a bit more in depth and some of the character development schemes are more elaborate. the levels are short but the difficulty becomes way harder, seemingly impossible, about halfway through. check it out for sure.
  3. May 21, 2013
    I missed this title on the 360, mostly due to the mixed reception in received, I was always curious about it but considering it had just as much praise as it did hate for it I never got around to playing it. When I heard a directors cut was coming out for PS3 with better controls and more content I decided it was finally time to try it out, and I'm glad I did. The whole game has some sortI missed this title on the 360, mostly due to the mixed reception in received, I was always curious about it but considering it had just as much praise as it did hate for it I never got around to playing it. When I heard a directors cut was coming out for PS3 with better controls and more content I decided it was finally time to try it out, and I'm glad I did. The whole game has some sort of weird charm to it all. This is one of the most bizarre games I've ever played with it's unique and weird gameplay and characters. My favorite part of this game is the story and characters, the game is just so well written that I was completely invested in its characters and their fates and was dying to see every cutscene. The voice acting and soundtrack are excellent. The soundtrack in particular deserves high praise because of how it can change the mood in an instant and make it all feel natural. The graphics however are dated, but they somehow only help to pull you into the game. This is that rare kind of game that uses its flaws to help improve the experience. Don't ask me how it does it, it just does. The gameplay is a mix between your standard survival horror game and a open world adventure game complete with tons of side-quests. The survival horror sections are just about what you would expect, you'll battle your way through creepy environments all while battling monsters and solving puzzles. These sections are really enjoyable and pack some truly scary moments. The open world sections are admittedly where most of the games flaws lie. It's frustrating to navigate at first due to the awkward map system, making it hard to figure out where you are to go and when. But eventually you'll get used to this so it wont be an issue, and like I said before this is the type of game that's flaw only help to pull you into the experience. It's true that the game has flaws, but these issues never stopped this from being one of the best games I've ever played. So if you haven't played Deadly Premonition before there's no better time than the present. The extra story content and improved controls should make it easier to enjoy this time around. Go out and get this game, trust me you wont regret it. Expand
  4. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    This game wins so much on humor and comedy that I just get a feel of joy when I play it. It has a great story that you wanna follow all the way through and the characters are funny and interesting. All though this game may lose some for it's extremely easy difficulty and the story's slow pace, the quality of the story more than make up for it. I also like the big open-world landscape andThis game wins so much on humor and comedy that I just get a feel of joy when I play it. It has a great story that you wanna follow all the way through and the characters are funny and interesting. All though this game may lose some for it's extremely easy difficulty and the story's slow pace, the quality of the story more than make up for it. I also like the big open-world landscape and how your car has all the functions of a real car. In general, you should go buy this game, because it's well worth your time to play it. Expand
  5. Feb 11, 2014
    Awesome game! Aside from the fact this game has graphics that remind me of a PSP game the world of Deadly Premonition was actually made quite well, amazing characters to go with a fantastic story. Great voice acting work by every character. Francis York Morgan is probably one of the most interesting video game characters ever created with his odd personality. People say that DeadlyAwesome game! Aside from the fact this game has graphics that remind me of a PSP game the world of Deadly Premonition was actually made quite well, amazing characters to go with a fantastic story. Great voice acting work by every character. Francis York Morgan is probably one of the most interesting video game characters ever created with his odd personality. People say that Deadly Premonition is a love or hate thing and to that I say I don't understand how people don't like this game. Expand
  6. Jul 24, 2013
    The graphics may be a little outdated but what's underneath the covers is what counts, to me anyway (and that's all that matters for this review). In this day and age where it's all about pretty pictures and weak AI (or no AI, just point and shoot), this game is a breath of fresh air. There is an ominous presence watching you in this game; in spite of the lead character being aThe graphics may be a little outdated but what's underneath the covers is what counts, to me anyway (and that's all that matters for this review). In this day and age where it's all about pretty pictures and weak AI (or no AI, just point and shoot), this game is a breath of fresh air. There is an ominous presence watching you in this game; in spite of the lead character being a superfreak profiler, all the extra baggage that comes along with this great talent seems to have caught up with him. The great metaphysical balance of the universe must be restored, or Morgan becomes a demigod of sorts... so we have this story of how he is going to be brought down to earth. I love it! The campy graphics are actually a plus and not a minus. It's a good mix of open world and linear cut scene interludes of which come across quite nicely. I highly recomment this game to anyone who likes the Criminal Minds TV show that is melded with straight outright horror. Expand
  7. Aug 21, 2013
    An excellent display of cult/B-movie mentality. The game is surreal, it could be a a mix of dreams, nightmares and all the nonsense that the subconscious makes while we're dreaming. This is the main reason I believe, that this game has received so much criticism. Most things really don't make any sense, but all this nonsense-silly bag of emotions is an enjoyable rollercoaster through theAn excellent display of cult/B-movie mentality. The game is surreal, it could be a a mix of dreams, nightmares and all the nonsense that the subconscious makes while we're dreaming. This is the main reason I believe, that this game has received so much criticism. Most things really don't make any sense, but all this nonsense-silly bag of emotions is an enjoyable rollercoaster through the surreal characters and places of Greensvale. It is almost a testament, a tribute to all cult-related art. Think of it as a game that resembles the mentality behind "Twin Peaks" or any other David Lynch work for that matter. Beautiful, yet strange and incoherent.

Surely, the technical aspects of the game are almost broken. In the PS3 version, there is severe frame skipping, occasional freezing and stuttering. But this is not a frantic FPS, so all these really dont get in your way or ruin the experience. I'd also like to praise the game's soundtrack, which is simply amazing. From the dreamlike main theme, to all the background music during the investigations, it continuously reminds you that you're now in the twisted, surreal, b-movie setting that is Greensvale. All in all, I'd recommend this to all fans of cult thrillers, movies and series, the blend of humour with scariness is spot on.
  8. Mar 2, 2014
    Deadly Premonition is insane, boring, broken, masochistic, repetitive and ridiculous experience which can sometimes frustrate you to tears, it has terrible production values and trashy gameplay, but still this is one of the best games I've ever played and I enjoyed every minute of it.
    You play as an FBI agent who just came to the city of Greenvale to investigate a murder case - quite a classic story, which sounds a bit chiche on paper, but everything in this game is different. In fact, this is some kind of mix between Twin Peaks, Silent Hill and Grand Theft Auto with real-time clock and full life simulation. (Imagine if Grand Theft Auto would told you the story of Twin Peaks borrowing Silent Hill's atmosphere and gameplay.)
    To keep yourself afloat you should eat, sleep, change your clothes and even shave your beard which is very original and funny thing for a videogame. You can also spy on the residents of Greenvale from your car like a real cop drinking coffee and eating pancakes while monitoring their daily lives. You can even peek through the windows when they're at home and see many interesting things if you came there at the right time. It's nearly impossible to see all the game's content in one playthrough, but the lush to explore more never goes away so it may take you almost 40 hours to beat the game.
    To avoid some accidental spoilers I won't talk much about the plot, but honestly it seems very boring and even unbearable at first (the game sometimes relies on Twin Peaks too much) but after about 3-4 hours of gameplay it finally catches you and won't let you go until the final credits. Just wait until you'll know all the characters in the theater, then you'll realize what this game is about. This town is full of subplots, dark secrets and mysteries. The game have one of the best JRPG-style love-stories ever made. You will cry **** tears at the end of Episode 7!
    The characters is the strongest point of the game, they seem to be very well developed and real, every one of them have many different stories and much of background with troubled past. Even the main character have some kind of split-personality which makes him discuss music and movies with his imaginable friend during the trips between missions.
    The weakest point is the actual gameplay. It's hit or miss, mostly miss, it's very easy, repetitive and boring experience filled with cloned enemies and easy puzzles compared with survival horror canons, but thank "Forest Goddesses" those encounters happen not so often so this won't bother your journey too much. Just keep in mind that there shouldn't be any gunplay in this game, it have been added in haste at the very late stages of development.
    So if you're a fan of Twin Peaks, Silent Hill and survival horrors in general and you think that you can forgive this game for a terrible game-design and clunky gameplay you should definitely give it a shot.

1. Deadly Premonition's saving grace is its main character York, who obviously has more than one screw loose and grants the game its unique and confusing sense of humour. He talks to an invisible friend, reads mysterious signs in his morning coffee and talks about people as if they aren't standing right next to him. [May 2013, p.84]
  2. Jul 30, 2013
    Highly recommended to those not afraid of experiments and wanting to play something truly unique.
  3. Jul 4, 2013
    Although the "director's cut" edition is slightly worse than the original, Deadly Premonition remains on the most bizarre games ever made. If you are in the mood for something completely unique try it out, but be prepared for a strange ride.