7.2

1. Aug 5, 2013
    It might not be the most revolutionary thing ever to happen to the hack n' slash genre considering you basically just button mash you way though the whole game, but I didn't play Deadpool to experience some deep and intricate combat system; I played it to kill a bunch of dudes as my favorite "merc with a mouth". The combat is still enjoyable even if it is basic. It's a lot of fun to slaughter hoards of enemies with a mixture of sword and gunplay similar to the Devil May Cry series. It's just a really addictive game. So addictive I even found myself playing the challenge rooms which I typically never do in these type of games. So while the combat is mindlessly entertaining what makes Deadpool so much fun is Deadpool himself. Whether he's tossing out a hilarious one-liner or just doing something goofy Deadpool is consistently funny and often hilarious. This is amplified by the fact that he knows he's in a video game and will constantly break the fourth wall. He's vulgar, crude, and rude and he wrote the dang game! Deadpool manages to be such an awesome experience because it doesn't require me to put up with some super complicated combat system in a game with absurd difficulty. All it wants me to do is kill dudes, have fun, and laugh my a*s off. All of which it achieved. So if you're even the least bit curious about Deadpool I recommend it. This type of game may not be for everyone, but for those of you who would rather play a game just to have some crazy awesome fun and won't mind the simplicity of its mechanics, pick up Deadpool ASAP. I know I loved it. Expand
  2. Jun 27, 2013
    The game is not overly deep, but if you are a Deadpool fan as I am you will love the game. The humor is juvenile, but that is exactly what I expect from Deadpool. I don't regret the 50 dollar purchase at all. I haven't really found anything about the game i haven't enjoyed. Play on hard mode though and you will really get your monies worth. A word of warning though, once you start on hard mode you can't change difficulty later in game. Expand
  3. Dec 27, 2013
    Not really a comic book fan but this game was hilarious really fun to play and overall really great. Decent graphics, Nolan North, great humor... The only con it has that it's a bit short.
  4. Jun 25, 2013
    I would give 10/10 but the only bad thing about this game is that it's really short. It offers only 6 hours of gameplay with the main storyline. But those 6 hours are really enjoyable with nice gameplay, funny story, jokes, references.
  5. Jun 29, 2013
    Deadpool is a great game which combines action, comedy and stupidity at the same time despite having some flaws like the camera failure and having a lot of enemies at once the comical environment of deadpool gives you a reason to play and playing the game really feels like reading a real classic deadpool comic.
  6. Jul 5, 2013
    This isn't a perfect game by any stretch of the imagination. The graphics are eh, okay, the combat feels a little dated, the enemy A I is all over the place sometimes. WHATEVER. The game is a blast to play. In a hobby that's often inundated with heavy handed sad fests, here's some lightheartdedness Deadpool style. It was worth my 50 bucks when I accidentally threw a grenade in an area with no enemies and Deadpool said, "sure, why not? F@ck that thing."
    As a fan, I would love to someday see a Deadpool game that delves into the more tragic side of the character, cause let's face it, Deadpool is a very complicated guy. But, seeing as that game is a probably a long way off, I'll take this little gem. It's fun, it's violent, it's funny, the is completely batsh@t crazy and makes no sense, it's a Deadpool game. Lighten up and have some fun.
  7. Jun 28, 2013
    This game was just hilarious. And if you know the Deadpool character it truly fitted his personality and life style. The only complaint I have is the game play was rather short.
  8. Jul 23, 2013
    The game is a blast, i enjoyed it a lot, and laughed so much. I guess people that don't like it have no sens of humor at all. This is one of the best games i played in moths and had so much fun doing it. I recommend it to any comic fan.
  9. Sep 17, 2013
    I haven't laughed out loud this much while playing a video game ever. Sure it was repetitive, but the fact that it was true to Deadpool more than made up for it. Any Deadpool fan would love this game
  10. Oct 28, 2013
    Highly underrated! If you want to know if this game is for you, you should either a) like the deadpool character or b) like complex hack-and slash type mechanics, best comparable to those in the Batman Arkham Asyslum/City games. Strenghts are a very entertaining gameplay and a very funny atmosphere throughout the game. (It might be one of the funniest games I've ever played quite frankly.) The only real weakness is the repetitive nature of the game. Expand
  11. Dec 3, 2013
    This game is so freaking HILARIOUS, I love it, my only concern is that I'm half of the game in a day, and maybe about hard mode, it's so hard it's frustrating sometimes, but an overall good game, bloody, dirty mouth and funny as hell, I LOVE IT
  12. May 19, 2014
    i feel like if this could be the funnest gave ever made nolan north shows why he is the king of voices, the combat is very generic and uninspired but the classic one liners make it some how really fun this is the first time ever i have had to pause a game because i was laughing so hard, the only problem i have with the game is the last level not spoiling anything here but there is a huge difficulty spike and you fight countless waves of generic goons with poorly placed checkpoints but thankfully its only about 15 minutes long which is why im giving it a 9 Expand

1. But then it hits us, Deadpool is not a game, it is a parody of a game. Of the kind of games you would see when a new Thor movie hits the theaters. All the elements that make such a game are to be found in Deadpool. Collecting coins or orbs, shallow combat and a horde of identical enemies (Deadpool: "are they all brothers?). [September p.74]
  2. Aug 19, 2013
    What it lacks in quality, Deadpool compensates with bragging and dick jokes.
  3. Aug 6, 2013
    If we took all the dark humor, the protagonist rudeness and the gratuitous violence out of Deadpool: The Videogame, we would be talking about a worthless game. These few qualities will enable us to have a good time playing it, even though they wouldn't justify at all the purchase of this game... Unless it was on sale.