Def Jam: Icon PlayStation 3

4.4

1. Jul 13, 2015
    i'll be frank, def jam icon is a flop compare to def jam ps2, i bought this game this game because of the love i had for def jam ps2 but it totally ruin my love for def jam.
  2. Aug 19, 2011
    Had this one lying in my game collection since 2009 when i bought it for like 10 bucks, back than i already hated the controls, now i picked it up and it hasn't aged well at all, awful controls, awful A.I. Your character just punch and kicks whatever he wants to, remembering their moves is impossible, after i almost broke my controller i stopped the game, removed the disc and snapped it inHad this one lying in my game collection since 2009 when i bought it for like 10 bucks, back than i already hated the controls, now i picked it up and it hasn't aged well at all, awful controls, awful A.I. Your character just punch and kicks whatever he wants to, remembering their moves is impossible, after i almost broke my controller i stopped the game, removed the disc and snapped it in half. The only thing this disc is good for is to be recycled so i hope that in one day a good game will be stamped on it. Expand
  3. GamerP
    Jun 24, 2009
    Why did I give it a 1? Because the graphics are good thats why. Other than that it was by far the worst game I have ever played. From the amazing brilliant FFNY comes this horrible horrible game which really upset me in terms of how bad it was and I actually seriously wanted my money back and the 3 hours i spent 'trying' to give it a chance. The fighting was more limited than a Why did I give it a 1? Because the graphics are good thats why. Other than that it was by far the worst game I have ever played. From the amazing brilliant FFNY comes this horrible horrible game which really upset me in terms of how bad it was and I actually seriously wanted my money back and the 3 hours i spent 'trying' to give it a chance. The fighting was more limited than a piece of cheese and the A.I was idiotic. ALL my friends agree with me on this one... DON'T waste your time or money! Expand
  4. MickP.
    Jun 15, 2007
    bought this game 2 days ago already broke a control pad in frustration. The controls are a nightmare seeing as i played it 4-5 hours straight and still the right stick wouldnt do what i wanted it to. Apart from that the grathics are ok and the storyline is brilliant.
  5. SkylerF.
    May 7, 2007
    Although a rocky start, once you get the game going it can be very fun. The create a character is very realistic and the story to the game is new, even though multiplayer is now only two player.
  6. ZackC.
    Mar 29, 2007
    Good graphics, terrible gameplay.
  7. AllenH.
    Mar 22, 2007
    Worth a rental, but that's about it.
  8. OneA.
    Mar 17, 2007
    Besides the repetitive gameply slow control response- this is an audio centric game and I have to comment the audio. Three things about the audio bring down the score- the punches sound like the explosions and the over-all mix is sub par. Playing in game sounds louder then the cutscenes (which are way too quite) and the high end crib with the news reports are louder then both the Besides the repetitive gameply slow control response- this is an audio centric game and I have to comment the audio. Three things about the audio bring down the score- the punches sound like the explosions and the over-all mix is sub par. Playing in game sounds louder then the cutscenes (which are way too quite) and the high end crib with the news reports are louder then both the cutscenes and the in game. When I set my receiver volume I want to leave it set not boost it and lower it based on the mix. Also, they could have made much better use of the surrounds- the surround implementation is conservative. If it's a fighting game the fighting gameplay better be fantastic and if it's an audio game the audio better be top notch flying stars. Expand
  9. ScottN.
    Mar 10, 2007
    Utter garbage. The graphics are ok but they forgot to add gameplay.

1. Game Informer
    After a while, the recycled environments and repetitive battles start to feel like a chore rather than a reward. [Mar 2007, p.96]
  2. Play Magazine
    There's no way to imagine these fights as anything but someone's absurd rap fantasy that was somehow shoehorned onto a fighting game. [Mar 2007, p.53]
  3. Too bad the slow-as-molasses combat (and too-savvy computer-controlled opponents) keep this fighter from rivaling classics like "Tekken," "Street Fighter" and "Soul Calibur," but the innovative use of music, as both an aesthetic and a weapon, adds depth.