Deus Ex: Human Revolution PlayStation 3

8.2

1. Aug 26, 2011
    The gameplay was fun other than a few errors, but what made me give this a 7 is the story line. It just didn't add up to the Deus Ex story line. Another invisible war.
  2. Aug 29, 2011
    Disappointing. Loved the first two, but this one left me feeling perplexed. PROS: Cool story, good voice acting by the lead man, gritty cyber-punk setting. Challenging. Decent amount of funny/cool references. CONS: Amazingly stupid AI, where you can stealth "takedown" a guy that is standing about 8 feet from another and this other guy won't hear a thing because he's not facing you... whichDisappointing. Loved the first two, but this one left me feeling perplexed. PROS: Cool story, good voice acting by the lead man, gritty cyber-punk setting. Challenging. Decent amount of funny/cool references. CONS: Amazingly stupid AI, where you can stealth "takedown" a guy that is standing about 8 feet from another and this other guy won't hear a thing because he's not facing you... which made the "Stealth" aspect almost pointless for me, and the AI would "forget" they were chasing someone who just took out their peer after chasing you for... a 5 meter hallway..... Also, cardboard boxes!! SO MANY FREAKING CARDBOARD BOXES strewn about randomly! Very few world/object models. Many side quests were boring. WASH: Graphics were fairly ordinary, but not a deal breaker by any means. PS: Don't believe anything said by anyone who posted their review on the release date(Aug 23rd). This always happens, some company shills, or bitter haters, come on this site and post "reviews" an hour or two after the game(or even before, as was the case with about 3 user reviews on this game alone) is released... A FEW of those people might have legitimately played, and finished it, the game(pirated, or industry insiders), but most of them have an agenda. Expand
  3. Aug 29, 2011
    Having played Deus Ex 1+2 on pc i was really looking forward to buy this one. The game play of part 1 was innovative, you could act free most of the time and develop your own play style. The atmosphere was intense and the cities simply crushed you with their vast space. In part 3 of this series I felt the flair again but it was lacking it's former quality. Most characters seem to be flat,Having played Deus Ex 1+2 on pc i was really looking forward to buy this one. The game play of part 1 was innovative, you could act free most of the time and develop your own play style. The atmosphere was intense and the cities simply crushed you with their vast space. In part 3 of this series I felt the flair again but it was lacking it's former quality. Most characters seem to be flat, the play apart from boss fights and sub quests leaves you only 2 viable options: Stealth(You have to invest all your augmentations in hacking) or Assault. The latter reminds you of GTA IV crouching between covers shooting other covered guys, the former being a necessity for most optional quests and alternative routes.
    Even the graphic looks retrograde. Don't get me wrong-DeusEx 3 is still a decent shooter with a nice story but i wouldn't rate it ~9 as the media or most users do.
  4. Oct 5, 2011
    Wow, I thought I was playing a MACINTOSH when I first started to play, just felt stale from the beginning. I had so many bug issues that I actually couldnt finish the game. I was very disappointed with the gameplay, I did feel it had great ideas but horrible execution overall. I would not recommend this game.
  5. Sep 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I liked Invisible War. If those four words immediately makes my opinion on this game invalid to you, then so be it. Deus Ex: Human Revolution attempts to hark back to its predecessor and the results of this are mixed. Sure the same choice based gameplay is available â Expand
  6. Oct 8, 2011
    When a franchise started in the early 00's is continued into the next decade with such dismal results you can only blame the people at the top. Poor choices were made at every level of this game, from handling, to graphics, to voice acting. They come together to create a highly pretensions plot following unlikeable characters in a universe that seems unfamiliar despite it being the thirdWhen a franchise started in the early 00's is continued into the next decade with such dismal results you can only blame the people at the top. Poor choices were made at every level of this game, from handling, to graphics, to voice acting. They come together to create a highly pretensions plot following unlikeable characters in a universe that seems unfamiliar despite it being the third in the series. Disappointed. Collapse
  7. Sep 7, 2011
    I was really trying to love this game--but some of the design choices go against the whole idea of fun---I think the atmosphere and mechanics are great---but for being a 1st/3rd person shooter the shooting isn't very good---ammo seems to be hard to come by---enemies seem to have plenty of ammo while you are stuck with the left overs---and sometimes they don't even have any ammo---theI was really trying to love this game--but some of the design choices go against the whole idea of fun---I think the atmosphere and mechanics are great---but for being a 1st/3rd person shooter the shooting isn't very good---ammo seems to be hard to come by---enemies seem to have plenty of ammo while you are stuck with the left overs---and sometimes they don't even have any ammo---the bosses are ridiculously hard--and seem to just run at you--which the same thing could be said for the generic enemies---if you alert anyone they just run at you and shoot the **** out of you--there's really no chance to "shoot" in this FPS-- There are lots of things I like in this game--but there is way more that I dislike---also the repeated restarts at checkpoints bother me most---if I can't play through a level without having to "load from checkpoint" an obscene amount of time--there are definitely issues-- this is definitely a game that will make you rage quit. Expand
  8. Sep 13, 2011
    Good, but with something missing. I don't know what, can't put my finger on it. When walking through streets you can't crash into people, that's about as close as I can get. Well put together, good ideas (but not great) very atmospheric. It should be an 8-9/10 game but...
  9. Sep 28, 2011
    First of all, this game is a hundred times worse than Deus ex. But with that said, this is not a bad game! However I'm not sure if it had been anything special at all without the original game. My biggest problem is the story, which gets worse the longer you play. Very predictable, and I found myself not caring about the story at all in the end. The story was what elevated Deus Ex to beFirst of all, this game is a hundred times worse than Deus ex. But with that said, this is not a bad game! However I'm not sure if it had been anything special at all without the original game. My biggest problem is the story, which gets worse the longer you play. Very predictable, and I found myself not caring about the story at all in the end. The story was what elevated Deus Ex to be one of the greatest games ever, but this one is kinda bad. The gameplay is excellent, and the stealth elements are very well crafted. You always have different ways to solve missions. So yeah, I had fun playing it but I never really cared about the characters or the story.

Alex is stiff and boring. The graphics are horrible, a real disappointment for a game released in 2011. Stiff animations, and the cutscenes are the worst I've seen in years. They look incredibly dated, blocky and seem to have really low resolution.

So I think this is a good game, but it could have been great.
  10. Nov 9, 2011
    Very nice game. Compelling story backed up with good gameplay and solid RPG element that is not overly strong for those who just want to play. I enjoyed the stealth play the most in this game, although it may get repetetive nothing beats sneaking around ducts and popping a guy from 100m away when his mates aren't looking. The lack of wepon variety and the carrying limit you have emplacedVery nice game. Compelling story backed up with good gameplay and solid RPG element that is not overly strong for those who just want to play. I enjoyed the stealth play the most in this game, although it may get repetetive nothing beats sneaking around ducts and popping a guy from 100m away when his mates aren't looking. The lack of wepon variety and the carrying limit you have emplaced on you is annoying however and shortens the games life. Expand
  11. Nov 12, 2011
    Having played through the entire game I would like to express how disappointing this was after reading such promising reviews. The game-play is a mixture of Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid 4 but fails to reach the potential of either of these games. It is well polished but lacks any variety in setting and moves you from an office building, to a warehouse, to another office etc. YouHaving played through the entire game I would like to express how disappointing this was after reading such promising reviews. The game-play is a mixture of Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid 4 but fails to reach the potential of either of these games. It is well polished but lacks any variety in setting and moves you from an office building, to a warehouse, to another office etc. You start in Detroit which comprises of a few main streets and back streets to explore. At one promising point you go to Shanghai and a movie clip shows a sprawling city to explore - however you also get about two or three streets to explore. Never at one point do you feel like you will move out of a corridor or narrow street into something larger. The cities and offices all look basically the same as do the police/security guards and all you do is move from building to building.

Splinter cell succeeded in this type of gameplay by placing you at the door of building and providing you with wealth of stealth gear to work you own way around. In some ways Deus Ex is similar but your inventory is always full and you always have just one bar of energy to use for stealth which gets you nowhere. Praxis updates are good idea where you get to choose new augmentations but you never have enough to put them to best use. Stealth when used is cool and also taking down guards using Typhoon or combat moves is also addictive. Boss battles are too easy - I took out most by getting close to them and using Typhoon a couple of times.

Hacking is quote cool to start off with and then becomes a chore. As does reading email on every computer you pass. The movies clips between chapters are very pixelated, the sky for instance is made of boxes of tray and black. Looks like something from the PS2.

If you haven't played Metal Gear Solid 4 then do so as is one of the best stealth, action, story game out there. I can only think that most critics who rated this game a 9 have not played this game or forgotten about it. It's what Deus Ex should have aimed for and if they did they failed.
  12. Jan 14, 2012
    I would LOVE! love love LOVE! to play this game to the end, however, a random bug appears to make it crash at an average location everytime, therefore unable to allow me to reach my destination. From what i've played from the beginning, after the break to failing to save the hostage, it has been a thrilling game. i just want more of it.
  13. Feb 8, 2012
    I like this game, not loved but liked. Graphically it looks good with very few glitches and the gameplay wirks well as a first person shooter and I like the way it goes third person when you go in cover. Then theres the leveling up which is well its dissapointing. When you get your robot body you'll be surprised by how weak you are, only being able to fall 2 metres without dying and twoI like this game, not loved but liked. Graphically it looks good with very few glitches and the gameplay wirks well as a first person shooter and I like the way it goes third person when you go in cover. Then theres the leveling up which is well its dissapointing. When you get your robot body you'll be surprised by how weak you are, only being able to fall 2 metres without dying and two bullets before dying. You then have to level up your character but everything needs levelling up it seems stupid. One thing you can't upgrade is the amount of ammo in the game, it's silly. I know it jensen can only take 2 bullets before dying but why are all the enemies only carrying seven bullets you'll constantly be running out and loose everything in the boss fights which are stupid. you only feel badass at the end of the game which is pointless because thats the end of the game, try it though. The story didn't really interest me but had some really nice wow moments but not enough. more people should have played this game it's only £12 now theres no excuse not to buy it. Expand
  14. Apr 5, 2012
    It has a great art style, but mixed gameplay. Stealth works just okay, but the shooting is really bad. There really isn't a lot to do in the amazingly well-crafted towns, but the sidequests which are available are fun and have good story.
  15. Nov 19, 2012
    I know this game is incredible, that has a very good score and it entertained the most part of his players. But I didn´t like this game. Beautiful graphics, good HUD, but... I don´t know. The main history is a little bit boring for me, and it has some points that... I don´t know how to explain it. I know it´s a good Square Enix game, and has really good things, andI know this game is incredible, that has a very good score and it entertained the most part of his players. But I didn´t like this game. Beautiful graphics, good HUD, but... I don´t know. The main history is a little bit boring for me, and it has some points that... I don´t know how to explain it. I know it´s a good Square Enix game, and has really good things, and I like the most part of the games I play, but this... No, I didn´t enjoy this game. Expand
  16. Dec 27, 2012
    The story is interesting enough and the soundtrack is fantastic, but the gameplay and graphics feel a bit dated. Pressing L3 to aim feels awkward, but other than that it's mostly fine. The graphics on the other hand make the game feel like it's is six years old. The game has a unique art style but graphics never rise above average. One annoyance in the game is that it's constantlyThe story is interesting enough and the soundtrack is fantastic, but the gameplay and graphics feel a bit dated. Pressing L3 to aim feels awkward, but other than that it's mostly fine. The graphics on the other hand make the game feel like it's is six years old. The game has a unique art style but graphics never rise above average. One annoyance in the game is that it's constantly switching from 1st person to 3rd person when you do things like climb a latter or take cover which makes me feel like the game should have been a 3rd person game. All in all Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a good game, but could have been a great game if it weren't for dated graphics and gameplay. Expand
  17. Dec 3, 2014
    A boring protagonist is the first fault of this game. I often felt the game didn't know if it wanted me to be stealthy or guns blazing. The switch from cover system to non cover was odd to say the least.
  18. Oct 8, 2011

1. Nov 29, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution lives up to the lofty expectations of the Deus Ex name. Beyond that, it's a superb game in its own right.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Oct 6, 2011
    Despite the flaws this'll be on your mind well after the credits roll. The plot is engrossing enough to make any techno freak froth at the mouth with lust. Human Revolution is a truly authentic Deus Ex game, and a great gaming experience in its own right. [October 2011 p74]
  3. Sep 29, 2011
    On the whole, Deus Ex: Human Revolution expects the player to handle their own progression appropriately and hand-holding is kept to a minimum. Given the often-commonplace mentality that many modern games should lead players around by the nose to one degree or another, having the guts to return to a philosophy of personal responsibility and choice isn't just smart-it's appreciated.