8.2

1. Nov 8, 2011
    I don't understand who this game appeals to i really don't. I really want to like devil may cry 4 but the developers make it very very hard. The main characters are kick ass... the story seems cool... the environments are well done... and the gameplay and feel of the game is just awesome. but why oh why do they mess it up to the point where one begins to hate the game... with a story lineI don't understand who this game appeals to i really don't. I really want to like devil may cry 4 but the developers make it very very hard. The main characters are kick ass... the story seems cool... the environments are well done... and the gameplay and feel of the game is just awesome. but why oh why do they mess it up to the point where one begins to hate the game... with a story line which is sooooo fragmented and ludicrous and enemies which are just plain cheap both in the way they look and their fighting. there is no character development and the new characters in this game are have absolutely no personality... to an almost creepy level. the environments begin to have a somewhat haunting feel to them which is not necessary in a game of this genre and don't seem to even fit into the world of the game and seem to be designed and put there with no reasoning at all... they don't even fit into the story. To make matters worst is the fact that the player needs to redo all the stages as well as all the boss fights with Dante. This pat of the game was the most frustrating as its much much harder than it is with Nero... the game changes from being slightly entertaining to just pure and utter frustration. I hated this game. I really loathed it. Its not cool... its not fun its just pure and utter frustration in a world and story one could experience during a horrible nightmare. I HATE THIS GAME!!! Expand
  2. Jun 12, 2011
    This game is terrible. 1)The roving and nearly uncontrollable camera is shoddy gaming at it's finest, this is an apparent attempt to add difficulty to the game and it works. 2) The power and skill up system is unengaging and trivial. 3) Jump puzzles, I HATE them. 4) This game is constantly shooting for awesome and missing.
    I'm not sure who this appeals to, but as a former PC gamer I can
    I'm not sure who this appeals to, but as a former PC gamer I can assure you this game sucks.

1. The newest entry in the revered series features plenty of awesome action, a great new character...and a bit of repetition.
    Devil May Cry 4 is also nothing close to the full next-gen transformation that the moody, gothic world of Capcom’s demons deserved.
  3. Devil May Cry 4 plays exceptionally well. It may not be revolutionary, but it sure won't leave you bored. If anything, Devil May Cry 4 is perhaps even more addictive than the last, thanks to a rather enjoyable, well-done story.