Diablo III PlayStation 3

6.4

1. Sep 4, 2013
    Diablo 3 on PS3 and Xbox is the same as the PC version only with a few major and much needed improvements. Getting rid of the Auction House and "always online" framework, in my opinion, was what this game needed from the start. On my console this game runs very smooth and looks at least equivalent to medium graphics settings on my pc.

If you have played any other Diablo game or a

If you have played any other Diablo game or a similar style dungeon crawling loot fest then you will be familiar with what D3 has to offer. This time around instead of getting to choose how to build your character stats when you level up, each character automatically progresses in areas that support that characters skills. Also, there are a fewer number of skills to choose from.

The game may have its flaws and may not be quite as robust as Diablo 2 but, I still find it to be a worthwhile experience if you like these types of games. I plan to get a few friends together on the couch and go demon slaying for quite a while.
  2. Sep 4, 2013
    The Best Diablo III version! Giocato in Co-op risulta essere divertentissimo, la grafica e il sonoro son davvero ben realizzati e per quel poco che ho giocato fino adesso lo trovo molto fluido, veloce e con meno spazi morti dei capitoli precedenti...
  3. Sep 4, 2013
    If you enjoyed Diablo 2, chances are you may be a bit disappointed with this sequel. For me, the best part of Diablo 2 was searching through different game rooms for Baal runs, Hell cows, and item trading. This is no longer possible as their are no named game rooms. Item trading is pretty non-existent and in a game primarily focused on loot, this is extremely detrimental.

Gameplay is

Gameplay is still fun, but their isn't much thought needed to spend skill points. You no longer allocate attribute points, so leveling up is a ridiculously simple and rather lame process. Their are also no runestones anymore, meaning their are no runewords. Instead, equipment crafting is a more "casual-friendly" process of breaking down (salvaging) useless equipment into matts to create more beneficial equipment which you unlock recipes for by leveling up your blacksmithing (1000 gold per level, usually 2 recipes per level).

This is really less a true Diablo sequel than a sequel to Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.

Being a huge Diablo 2 fan (probably put well over 300 hours into it), I found this sequel to be a very large disappointment. Its still fun to play as a casual dungeon-crawler, but the hardcore element I loved about Diablo 2 just isn't there.
  4. Sep 4, 2013
    I feel like a lot of the hate from users about this game is from angry PC players, and I can completely see where they are coming from. I loved D2, but never even once tried to play Diablo 3 on the PC because of the online action house, let alone all of the other issues. However, Im about 20 hours in on the PS3 version and it's everything I expected. Graphics are great, except for a fewI feel like a lot of the hate from users about this game is from angry PC players, and I can completely see where they are coming from. I loved D2, but never even once tried to play Diablo 3 on the PC because of the online action house, let alone all of the other issues. However, Im about 20 hours in on the PS3 version and it's everything I expected. Graphics are great, except for a few slowdowns, the sound is amazing. Story is well voiced and holds my attention for the most part. The loot system seems to be a million times better than what I understand the PC versions loot system to be. All in all a really good game so far. Not 10/10, but rarely is a game. Just really good. Expand
  5. Sep 4, 2013
    Used to play on PC til I hit end game and it was unplayable. I had already stopped playing by the time they fixed that. Picked it up for 360 so I could play with friends and it's really fun. GG blizz
  6. Sep 4, 2013
    It's terrible, I played a lot with the pc version and I actually hate this game, everyone of my friends stopped playing quite soon and hates the game too and blizzard doesn't care for their customers, they simply make console ports and try every way of spillin you money instead of fixing the whole game, this console port is a joke both for the console users and the pc ones, if u want toIt's terrible, I played a lot with the pc version and I actually hate this game, everyone of my friends stopped playing quite soon and hates the game too and blizzard doesn't care for their customers, they simply make console ports and try every way of spillin you money instead of fixing the whole game, this console port is a joke both for the console users and the pc ones, if u want to know what I mean just check some forum before buying it Expand
  7. Sep 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The controller and the drops are definitely better, this game were suitably designed for console rather than PC as both has 4 players maximum capacity for a game and 6 skills button mapping are perfect for it, not wondering why the developer even testing this game in the console controller when it's under development for PC.

Although all of the improvement is definitely bring the plus for console version, the depth of the game itself is still shallow. After the normal mode has been beaten, there is no other point of the game rather than restarting the game with higher difficulty with mostly same monster with randomized small variety of affixes that is rather frustrating than challenging. The story itself is nothing good, especially for the character treatment (Azmodan repeated "So you managed to destroying my plan, so there is my another plan" line is the best example, also Deckard Cain death is highly disappointing.). About the in-game graphic, low polygon model make this game feel decent compared to the nowaday AAA games, though the animation is pretty well done.

this game is definitely for everyone who is looking for a good 4 players style gauntlet game. The replay ability might be cool enough as it's fun to be played on multiplayer, but lack of variation between each act and amount of features might lead the replaying became duller and duller. For AAA priced games, the good amount of consideration to get this game must be done.
  8. Sep 4, 2013
    Had a lot of fun with it so far, the local co-op is a blast. Playing alone can get tiresome though, and I haven't tried the online yet, been spending all my time with co-op. Don't understand all these low scores...
  9. Sep 5, 2013
    I loved Diablo2 i played mainly on the pc... and was SO happy when Diablo3 was brought out on pc... however, you do need to spend megabucks on a decent laptop or pc... what i didn't have.
    Now the game is on Xbox 360! and i would put this as a better version of Balders gate etc etc.
    I just pray they keep putting updates and add-ons! Just 1 minor fault playing online, i would like to
    I just pray they keep putting updates and add-ons!
    Just 1 minor fault playing online, i would like to see what games i join and not be selected at random.
  10. Sep 5, 2013
    What people fail to understand is that the AH/RMAH is not D3's core problem, I repeat it is NOT D3's core problem. Sure these were removed from the console version which is all fine and dandy, but it did not address the core problems that plague D3.

The overall user rating at the moment for D3 on PC is 3.8 and for good reason. There is absolutely no difference between the PC version and console version, other than no AH, higher numbers on items, as well as, legendaries drop more often.

My friend picked up the game, I noticed this in the 2.5 hours they played last night, it was absolutely pathetic; Blizzard did nothing to fix the core problems with the game at all.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but anyone who is rating this game anymore than a 5 really needs to give their head a shake, especially if you've played the PC version and/or have played the Diablo franchise at all. You know very well why the game is rated so low, it is no secret, and you know full well the reasons it was rated low are still present in the console.

If anyone has any doubts, seriously, just go look at the D3 official forums page, you'll get a laundry list of why this game is a dud. Do yourself a favor and don't buy it.
  11. Sep 5, 2013
    The second they left the skills and items the same with this console port, it was basically a dud right out of the gate. People need to realize the auction house was not and never will be Diablo 3's problem, it's the itemization, lack of diversity, lack of end game, and lack of incentive to play. Auction house or no auction house, the game still sucks because those problems.

Nobody

Nobody can tell you this game is different. The skills are the same, the items are the same, the builds or lack of build diversity is the same which completely put a stake through the heart of what once was a great series. As others have mentioned, the only difference in the console is no auction house and higher numbers on items. More legendaries drop, but there is very little monster density compared to the PC version.

The console version is a dud; at least the PC version can be fixed via patches and what not.
  12. Sep 5, 2013
    Taking a loot based game and giving it completely boring and uninteresting loot, then just adding higher stats to that loot (like the console version did), doesn't make the game any better. It sucked on PC, and after what I've seen already, it still sucks now. The loot system is so bad in the game, making it drop more often and with higher numbers doesn't make it any better, in someTaking a loot based game and giving it completely boring and uninteresting loot, then just adding higher stats to that loot (like the console version did), doesn't make the game any better. It sucked on PC, and after what I've seen already, it still sucks now. The loot system is so bad in the game, making it drop more often and with higher numbers doesn't make it any better, in some cases, it actually makes it worse. Much better games out there to play.

My brother, who never played the PC version and therefor should have an unbiased view of the console version, picked up the console game yesterday morning. Last night he tells me that he thought Diablo 3 was supposed to be better and an upgrade from Diablo 2. Well buddy.. you are damn right it was supposed to be. It's kind of funny because the start of D3 isn't that bad, it's when you get into the later content you find out that it's beyond repetitive and the items just suck. He's not even out of normal yet and already thinks it's terrible.
  13. Sep 5, 2013
    HERE IS AN HONEST REVIEW. This game is not as bad as the negative reviews say but it's not as good as the critics claim either. This is a game that is WAY better if you play with a friend, if you play solo it gets pretty boring and tedious. THE BAD: there is a few bad things with this game such as its not fun to play solo. Also the story is hard to keep up with, no matter how much myHERE IS AN HONEST REVIEW. This game is not as bad as the negative reviews say but it's not as good as the critics claim either. This is a game that is WAY better if you play with a friend, if you play solo it gets pretty boring and tedious. THE BAD: there is a few bad things with this game such as its not fun to play solo. Also the story is hard to keep up with, no matter how much my friend and I tried to pay attention it got confusing. Another Con is that the combat got very repetitive, they try to make a lot of fun combinations but the combat gameplay itself is very repeating. This last problem I had was there wasn't much customization for character gear, it wasn't THAT bad but there definitely could have been more/better gear. THE GOOD: This game is very fun to play with a friend, sharing gear and having each others back is a fun part of the game, like I said before the gameplay does get repetitive but there are still some very fun boss fights and battles. My friend and I played the story till the end and while it got confusing it was still cool to see the cutscenes, and with some help from Wikipedia we were able to keep up with the story and thoroughly enjoyed it. The last good part is that it's a new experience, especially for console players. I've never played a game like it and the overall game was new.

To sum it up, my friend is a casual gamer and I'm a hardcore gamer. For him this game was awesome and he praised it, for me it was fun but was missing any Pah-zazz that made the game stand out. I mostly liked it because it was something new for me but it was by no means a superb game. If you're debating on getting this game then I would recommend it, as long as you have a buddy to play with.
  14. Sep 6, 2013
    if u play alone don't buy it if u have 4 joystick and 3 mate always at home IS A MUST A LOT OF FUN IN 4 IN THE SAME HOUSE.....yes a very good game and it's a rpg and have a story
  15. Sep 7, 2013
    People who are rating this game 5 or above need a reality check. Lets look at the facts: The console version and PC version are identical with the except of a couple of things; An offline mode (the single biggest improvement over the PC), loot drops more and is marginally better (higher stats). Negatively, the monster density is drastically less (huge huge problem)

The rest of the

The rest of the game is completely identical to the PC version, so go look at the PC reviews; 6000 out of 8000 are negative; 3.8 user score. I own this game, I have the PC version, and my brother picked me up a copy of the console version which I have begrudgingly played. People. there is no difference between either versions. The one thing the PC version has over the console is it's fixable. It can be patched continuously to be made into a good game, the console version cannot. What you see with the console, is what you get.

Much like the 10+ million who quit PC version because of the rampid core problems and blizzard's neglect to fix them; those who own this game, will follow suit shortly and quit as well. Even looking at the console forums they are practically a ghost town.

The only thing this game has going for it is it's offline mode, graphics, and sound; but all that is just sugar coating garbage. Flashiness on the screen can only go so far before it gets stale. 10+ million people will gladly tell you that.

If you insist on playing Diablo (and are a gambler by nature), grab the PC version instead. At least they may fix it one day, I do emphasize MAY. The console version on the other hand is DoA.
  16. Sep 7, 2013
    I've read a few of the reviews on here, both good and bad, and have come to some sort of a conclusion, though it really is more of a question. There are people on here who are claiming the console version of D3 fixed a lot (if not all) the problems the PC version had, do these people even know what the PC problems were?

Lets look at the PC problems more closely Terrible (Mostly

Lets look at the PC problems more closely

Terrible (Mostly useless) Skills NOT fixed in the console version
    Zero Build Diversity NOT fixed in the console version
    Bad Itemization NOT fixed in the console version
    Boring Items & Everything dependent on weapon damage NOT fixed in the console version
    No Randomized maps NOT fixed in the console version
    No Endgame & Forced to play story over and over NOT fixed in the console version

Auction Houses This was taken out of the console version Fixed (thankfully)
    No Offline Mode Biggest most positive Fix in the console version, it's huge

Where they went completely backwards: Monster Density has been reduced

I did not mention amount of loot being dropped because that was never a problem. Loot drops continuously, it was all just garbage.

As you can see, most of the core problems were never addressed. Blizzard never learned their lesson, despite having the players feeding them the problems continuously and how to fix them. Supported continuously and remained on the front page for months, so they were well aware.

So please people, before making such comments, just don't unless you know what your talking about
  17. Sep 8, 2013
    Diablo 3 is an app for the Playstation

Diablo 3 is an app for the Playstation

Last year I played an app on my mobile phone in which I used my index finger to fire projectiles at incoming mobs as they attacked me. After killing mobs, gaining experience and upgrading my weapons and choosing new abilities, I was able to better attack mobs and progress further through the game. As a result, cut scenes were unlocked, better weapons and abilities were available, and I progressed further through the story-line.

Diablo 3 for the PS3 is an app for your Playstation. Don't bother.
  18. Sep 8, 2013
    D3 has a lot of hate from the PC version. If this game is judged on its own, I put this very high because I enjoy games like Dungeon Alliance, Torchlight, etc. D3 on the PS3 just works very well.

Controls: 10. The game plays solid Music 10: very well done Story: 3 very very weak. Cain dying for no reason is one of my biggest gripes Loot: 10 enjoying the loot drops/progression very

Controls: 10. The game plays solid
    Music 10: very well done
    Story: 3 very very weak. Cain dying for no reason is one of my biggest gripes
    Loot: 10 enjoying the loot drops/progression very much.
    Graphics: 10 I put this above any RPG ive played on the PS3
    Combat: 10 using the controller and 'steering' your abilities feels amazing. The shaking of the controller in combat adds a lot to the gameplay

(I did not rate this game based on no AH or Always Online because it nothing to do with the stand alone rating of the PS3, but these 2 features are a welcome 'addition'. I cant stress enough how good the loot is now instead of using AH 80% of the time but this fact serves no purpose in this review)

(Overall I do wish I had bought this game over the PC version as the gameplay with a controller feels much more engaging but again this comparison shouldn't reflect in the stand alone view of the PS3)
  19. Sep 8, 2013
    I've played the game thoroughly the last few days and would give it a 9 quite easily. Its a blast to play, especially online or with friends. I think its a little unfair that the people downgrading the game seem to be disgruntled PC owners who bought the inferior version last year and seem bitter that the PS3 and 360 versions are a lot better. I can understand how you would get upset butI've played the game thoroughly the last few days and would give it a 9 quite easily. Its a blast to play, especially online or with friends. I think its a little unfair that the people downgrading the game seem to be disgruntled PC owners who bought the inferior version last year and seem bitter that the PS3 and 360 versions are a lot better. I can understand how you would get upset but the game was primarily designed for consoles in mind. Overall like it a lot and will probably be playing it for quite a while along with Dark Souls, The last of us and Dragons Crown. Good stuff Expand
  20. Sep 9, 2013
    I played the PC version when it launched and am one of the many who got bored pretty quickly. The grind got repetitive and drop rates were gimped to balance the AH. With that said, Diablo 3 on console is a completely different game. With how well it works with a controller you'd think that it were originally designed for this. The use of the analog sticks makes the action more arcadeI played the PC version when it launched and am one of the many who got bored pretty quickly. The grind got repetitive and drop rates were gimped to balance the AH. With that said, Diablo 3 on console is a completely different game. With how well it works with a controller you'd think that it were originally designed for this. The use of the analog sticks makes the action more arcade like. If you liked Gauntlet Legends then you'll love D3 on PS3.

Now they just need to fix the stat system on the gear.
  21. Sep 15, 2013
    There hasn't been a game like this one on the console for many, many years. I think the last one was,
    "Champions: Return to Arms", which was the 2nd game in the "Champions of Norrath" series for the PS2. While some of the reviews are negative, I think it may be because they didn't give this game much of a chance. At the start of the game, it can seem a little repetitive, and the loot is not that great, but once you get farther into it and go up a few levels, it gets really challenging, and the loot becomes really amazing. Combine that with the ability to play up to 4 people at once on the same screen without the stupid split screen thing that most games suffer from, and you have what is an incredibly fun, challenging, and all around great game. I hope this is the start of a whole bunch of these types of games being made; we've waited too long to see the return of them!
  22. Sep 23, 2013
    diablo III on ps3 is amazing. requires no internet connection. have co op mode
    and has no AH was all that the game needed.
    congratulations blizzard this time you hit.
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    After putting ridiculous amounts of time into both the Mac and PS3 versions, I must say the PS3 comes out on top. Using the analog stick for movement feels better than clicking by far, and although the ranged classes suffer a loss of precision, the added dodge roll makes a bigger difference than you'd think. With it, all classes have more mobility, the Demon Hunter and BarbarianAfter putting ridiculous amounts of time into both the Mac and PS3 versions, I must say the PS3 comes out on top. Using the analog stick for movement feels better than clicking by far, and although the ranged classes suffer a loss of precision, the added dodge roll makes a bigger difference than you'd think. With it, all classes have more mobility, the Demon Hunter and Barbarian benefitting the most from it, making gameplay faster and more, for lack of a better word, visceral, improving upon already tight and fantastic gameplay.

One of the biggest problems with the original release, the Real Money Auction House, has been eliminated entirely, and it makes a huge impact. Even after maxing out a character in every class on the computer, I hardly got any Legendaries, just a handful, seemingly no matter how great my Magic Find was, whereas now, every character has a few. It almost seems like they intentionally raised the Legendary drop rate quite a bit, and improved the quality massively, but stopped just short of unbalancing the game.

As expected, the graphics have taken a hit, but not too badly, unless you see the NPCs up close, as when you go to peruse their wares (the models are certainly intended to be viewed from a distance). The environments are the same as ever of course, with great visual design until the last Act, where there is a lot less variation. That being said, the atmosphere of past titles in the series is lacking. Unfortunately, the UI has not made the transition perfectly. Although exchanging the grid for a normal slot-based inventory was good, allowing for more to be carried, if you want to compare stats besides the basics, or even view the numbers at all, you have to pause the game, which is a hassle and breaks the flow.

The sound design is a bit of a double-edged sword however. The sound effects are all without fault, and the voice acting for Cain, Tyrael, Leah, and the player characters are all on the mark. Unfortunately the soundtrack is mostly bland (but not terrible), save for a remix of the Tristram theme, the followers are repetitive and have little of interest to say (but unfortunately say it anyways).

The plot has not been altered, still falling largely into a great vat of cliches, with a handful of surprising twists, and with the extra lore tending to the prosaic unlike the past games. The companions now have stories, but they're mostly predictable, and the characters themselves are largely uninteresting and uncharismatic. While this shouldn't surprise, it is still a sticking point. The plot is there, but will likely hold little interest to long-time fans, and even less to newcomers so be warned (although the cinematics that bookend the 4 Acts are as absolutely gorgeous as ever).

Over all, despite the gripes, the game is still fantastic, especially with friends, and is definitely the best of its ilk on the consoles. If you come expecting fast, intense gameplay and great loot, you will definitely want to pick this up, but if you want a game with interesting characters, a great plot, and/or awesome lore, this will disappoint.
  24. Nov 27, 2013
    Diablo 3 on playstation 3 is way better than pc version. Hero handles a lot better with stick than with mouse. It feels so stupid to click there where you want your hero to go or strike because it's like playing lotr: battle for middle-earth with just one hero. Also dodging with right stick is very welcome feature along with that you can play with your friends on same console. Diablo 3 isDiablo 3 on playstation 3 is way better than pc version. Hero handles a lot better with stick than with mouse. It feels so stupid to click there where you want your hero to go or strike because it's like playing lotr: battle for middle-earth with just one hero. Also dodging with right stick is very welcome feature along with that you can play with your friends on same console. Diablo 3 is one of the best co-op games ever made and it's very good also even if you play alone. Expand
  25. Dec 19, 2013
    I love this game I played diablo 1 & 2 i hardly remember playing them but i was too young to like games like that and always though it was a horrible game, but after playing daiblo 3 demo i thought it was pretty fun i knew my cousin loved it and i went over to his house to play and i fell in love with in the first hour of gameplay the same screen co-op is new to me and can ger annoying butI love this game I played diablo 1 & 2 i hardly remember playing them but i was too young to like games like that and always though it was a horrible game, but after playing daiblo 3 demo i thought it was pretty fun i knew my cousin loved it and i went over to his house to play and i fell in love with in the first hour of gameplay the same screen co-op is new to me and can ger annoying but overall i love it i wouldn't like my cousin running off. I sew where all the haters and trolls are coming from but if you play the game with some friends who cares about weather aspects or terrain graphics or what ever it is you say is wrong with. It is an amazing game and is even better playing co-op with you friends. I was having so much fun i didn't notice any flaws in the game. Totally worth the cost if you like games like this. Even now in my opinion. Expand
  26. Jan 19, 2014
    Awesome game. I call to my friends and we play together. Diablo 3 for PS3 and Xbox 360 is really superb game for playing with friends. Sometimes i play in Internet with unknow players and it's fun too.
  27. May 28, 2014
    I thought the game was alot of fun to play. The hours would just pass by without realizing it. I've never played the PC version, so I can't compare the two. But playing this was so much fun and it kind of reminds me of the old Return To Arms from the PS2.
  28. Jul 2, 2014
    Really disappointing game , after so much wait and hype even after BETA this is just a mere disappointment , Blizzard really messed this up . Yes I know that the game itself as the previous franchises is a grind but Diablo 3 currently is a **** . Story feels just sucked out of a finger . Except for the 1st Act it was great , what follows up is basically **** and grind . No end game contentReally disappointing game , after so much wait and hype even after BETA this is just a mere disappointment , Blizzard really messed this up . Yes I know that the game itself as the previous franchises is a grind but Diablo 3 currently is a **** . Story feels just sucked out of a finger . Except for the 1st Act it was great , what follows up is basically **** and grind . No end game content and if they added some its **** . Expand

1. Dec 12, 2013
    When Diablo III enters the living room some things are worse, but for the most part things are better. Controlling your character with the gamepad is effortless and dungeon raiding with four players in co-op is a an amazing experience. It feels a little odd to say, but Diablo's true home is on your TV.
  2. Oct 11, 2013
    Blizzard has accomplished the unthinkable and made Diablo III on consoles the better game, without server- and connection-issues, without an auction-house and with superior gameplay. It's open season for loot-hunters. Again.
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Oct 3, 2013
    Dialo III feels more at home on console than it did on PC, but not in the least bit "dumbed down." [Nov 2013, p.56]