DiRT 2 PlayStation 3

8.2

1. Oct 26, 2016
    Loved the game so much I've completed (won) every race and event on the game and still go back to play quite often. Brilliant graphics with car damage and a wide range of cars and locations to choose from worldwide.
  2. Mar 14, 2016
    The thing that mostly impressed me was the croatia level which is my background, hvala codemasters. Though i dont play rally games much but this game series is kool
  3. Nov 20, 2014
    It may not be a rally sim, but Colin McRae DiRT 2 offers so much you will keep playing for months and return in the future. The multiplayer is unbelievably fun, and the story mode is filled with brilliant graphics and cars. The soundtrack is amongst the best in a game to date. Those even with the shortest of attentions spans won't take their eye of this magnificent racing game.
  4. Apr 1, 2013
    Dirt 3 was good but unneccessary because a better realistic off-road racing game will not be released this generation than Dirt 2 (I say realistic because Motorstorm is better, but not realistic).
  5. Feb 9, 2013
    This game is just such a massive improvement on the DiRT 1. Fantastic Soundtrack, Brilliant A.I. Awesome maps. Covers a wide range of vehicle classes and track events. Brilliant Menu systems. You Just Can't go wrong with this game. Only down fall is that it use's Games For Windows Live.
  6. Oct 25, 2012
    Codemasters is absolutelly unbeatable when it comes to make off road racing games. About Dirt 2: The campaign is addictive, the online experience also. It looks, sounds and feels amazing and no one does it better. Not even similar. My opinion. Again: AMAZING!
  7. Jul 7, 2012
    The best racing game of all time.
    That basically sums it up. I normally write long reviews and detailed reviews but I don't feel I need to here.
    The best racing game of all time.
    The presentation in beautiful. The loading screens and game set up screens are wonderfully done. If I had to complain it takes a little long to get in a race and the game does not give you very many name choices when you set up your career. But Codemasters racing does presentation better than anyone except EA. That is praise by the way.
    The sound is great. The license music is good and only plays during replays and loading or set-up screens.
    The graphics are amazing. Like, Grid the game has a soft but pleasant look with the best lighting in any racing game. Better than Forza 4 and GT5. The bloom is everywhere but it is not distracting and I actually think Dirt 3 is not as good looking as this version. I think Codemasters has the best graphics engine for racing games. The textures, sky boxes....it just works and looks great.
    I do have a few complains. The dirt particles are wonderful but the tires do not leave any marks. It is a slight complain and does not distract from the gameplay but I WANNA SEE THAT IN THE FUTURE! To me that is important. It would be great if a torn up track could effect control. Make it happen.
    The control is perfect. Sega Rally was the king for a long long time and I thought Codemasters old Colin McRae games did not get the physics right. They just controlled like cars to me on the street. Not here. If you hit lose dirt you will know it.
    Car selection is the normal Rally Cars you have seen for years, The Focus, WRX, and Lancer are all here. They look great, the cars have a beautiful reflection to them, the **** pits look great, and the car liveries are the best I have seen.
    The track selection is the best in the genre. Thank God I do not have to race on the same boring real world tracks that populate every other racer. Here you have cities converted into mud holes, you race in different times of the day, there are at least 8 different race types and several unlockables to keep the game fresh. Codemasters are the king of keeping the game fresh.
    That includes the career which is the best in the business. It is set up brilliantly and you are constantly opening up cars, tracks, and special events. No repetitive career here. Also no Gymkhana crap like Dirt 3 has. This is all racing and there is so much variety it is impossible to get bored.
    The best part? All of it is available online and unlike the first Dirt you have racing as well as the time trials and the lag is hardly ever an issue.
    Between the great tracks and track variety, the game engine which is the best in the business, the great career mode and online modes, the lighting, and most importantly the best control and physics of any off road racer, Dirt 2 is the king of the genre and it is so dominate over the competition it isn't fair. Even the 1st party titles from Sony and Microsoft that gets all the media attention (Forza and Gran Turismo) pales to what Codemasters have created.
    The Codemasters team recently released an arcade racer titled Dirt Showdown. The game is great but it is not really a "Dirt" game. This is a different beast and a much better game in general.
    Codemasters have also decided to just be a racing studio and that is great news. Grid is also an amazing game and even though I am not an F1 fan, Codemasters and there understanding of racers was enough for me to pick that up as well.
    But the fact is Dirt is there true baby. And they have treated the second installment with much respect. It is truly the Halo or Uncharted of the racing genre and one of the best games I ever played period.
  8. Dec 7, 2011
    Awesome Game. + Many Cars, Race against celebritys, win cups, good handeling, long playtime, create your own racing style by adjusting your car, funny names

- Low Quality graphics, online racing is not really good.

Over all it's definitly a good game, i bought the 3 last month, but Dirt 2 is still my favorite.
    Nice game, low price. Carreer finishing play : 10 houres.
  9. Nov 8, 2011
    An incredible amount of vehicles and tracks are in Dirt 2. Replay value is not a problem when you see how many missions are in the game. The racing is overwhelming fun but beware of handling. It is very slippery.
  10. Oct 27, 2011
    Enjoyable game, it kept me with a pad in hand for plenty of time. Graphics are very nice, soundtrack is well-selected, I only miss the fact that there is pretty little number of tracks. You won't be disappointed after buying a copy.
  11. Jul 11, 2011
    this would be a great game if you could keep control of your car but what is the point of playing if you move the stick even just a little your car spins out of control and it is impossible to win races because by the time you actually finish the race everyone is already done stay away from this
  12. Feb 7, 2011
    Very nice, awesome graphics, great ralley experience. In comparison to grid I would say its just as good, but with more variety in races. But the menu structure is annoying, takes a while to load and display and that's just irritating. About the driving realism, hard to say if you steer a ralley car 200 km/h from you couch with a ps3 controller.... don't you think? All the cars feel reallyVery nice, awesome graphics, great ralley experience. In comparison to grid I would say its just as good, but with more variety in races. But the menu structure is annoying, takes a while to load and display and that's just irritating. About the driving realism, hard to say if you steer a ralley car 200 km/h from you couch with a ps3 controller.... don't you think? All the cars feel really different and the different surfaces are also nicely done. I'd buy it, especially now the prices have gone down. Expand
  13. JamesD
    Jan 18, 2010
    One of the best driving games available on PS3, if you like you rally racing or even your racing, DIRT 2 has you covered. The graphics and visual effects are unique and condemasters has shown real care in making the small details stand out. The familiarity to GRID makes this game less original but is just as great to play.
  14. RodgerT
    Dec 12, 2009
    Great game...excellent variety of tracks and cars. Have been playing it now for a month and have lost no interest !!.
  15. MatthewH
    Oct 13, 2009
    Brilliant Graphics Brilliant Cars Shocking Shocking Shocking Handling!! Just totally unrealalistic handling which ruins the whole experience for me, am Selling now due the shear unrealism
  16. komp
    Sep 20, 2009
    I wanted to give this a 9.5 but the menu does not allow that. Fantastic realism and superb G25 wheel feedback make this a title you cannot put down. X Games events, Colin Mcrae Special Event, RS200, Escort Mk2 and endless events from five different event types: rally, rally cross, trailblazer, land rush and raid. Multiplayer with full voice support, events to keep everyone happy. There is I wanted to give this a 9.5 but the menu does not allow that. Fantastic realism and superb G25 wheel feedback make this a title you cannot put down. X Games events, Colin Mcrae Special Event, RS200, Escort Mk2 and endless events from five different event types: rally, rally cross, trailblazer, land rush and raid. Multiplayer with full voice support, events to keep everyone happy. There is also indication if the online opponent is a bad racer which is nice to know. The -5 in my score would be the Menu system but once you have had the initial video introduction to the events the menus are quick to navigate. I love having my name being called out during events (you choose from a full list when creating a profile). Trophies are easy enough to collect and the XP system can be increased from many different aspects in game. If your a G25 owner and/or a Rally fan then you need to own this in your collection you wont be dissapointed. Rally cars are at the pinnacle of the genre and although some would think not being able to upgrade the engine is a bad thing I think its lack of understanding. Expand
  17. Ernes
    Sep 16, 2009
    Great game, much better than the previous Dirt, and also better than Grid. Visuals and gaming experience are similar to tle latter, but handling is much more optimized. specially when using a steering wheel peripheral. I'd rather the game had some WRC cars and competitions (GT5 will) but in all cases this is great enought to pruchase the game and keep it till...Dirt 3.
  18. csuperbrothers
    Sep 15, 2009
    DiRT2 by Codemasters is the loveliest pure travel experience for PS3 since thatgamecompany's Flower. It's immense, sublime, spectacularly well presented & masterfully paced. For best results, switch off the HUD, bring the camera down low & put something blissful & relentless (eg: Caribou). Hats off to the team at Codemasters for matching the intensity & polish of Evolution'sDiRT2 by Codemasters is the loveliest pure travel experience for PS3 since thatgamecompany's Flower. It's immense, sublime, spectacularly well presented & masterfully paced. For best results, switch off the HUD, bring the camera down low & put something blissful & relentless (eg: Caribou). Hats off to the team at Codemasters for matching the intensity & polish of Evolution's Motorstorm: Pacific Rift in a more traditional offroad package! Collapse
  19. kevinj
    Sep 8, 2009
    Just got my hands on the game. Dirt 2 is a peerless execution of sim (sort of) blended with rally (sort of) blended with general racer. I could have used a true hill climb in the game, but this is still the most fun I've had behind the wheel this year.

1. Games Master UK
    For all its glamorous, "radical!" makeover, DiRT 2 is still the best handling rally game in the business. [Oct 2009, p.66]
    Dirt 2 is prettier than its predecessor, has more varied tracks and a functional multiplayer offering. What it doesn’t have is a focus on pure time-trial rally races, which is really what I expect from a rally game.
    Even those who might sniff at the game’s focus on the extreme end of off-road motorsport will find it hard to scoff at its rewarding handling model, its sense of atmosphere and its sumptuous visuals, all of which help make it a highlight of the Colin McRae series.