8.1

1. Oct 10, 2013
    First of all, I am very pleased when I got the game a day early when I pre order at the NIS store. When I start the game, the opening scene was cut abruptly. Then when I began to play, Laharl always get the1 HP after every map. I am surprised that nobody mention about this issue. I really hope they can come out with a patch and fix these bothersome issue. To be honest, with the improvedFirst of all, I am very pleased when I got the game a day early when I pre order at the NIS store. When I start the game, the opening scene was cut abruptly. Then when I began to play, Laharl always get the1 HP after every map. I am surprised that nobody mention about this issue. I really hope they can come out with a patch and fix these bothersome issue. To be honest, with the improved graphic and gameplay, this is one of my favorite game, but the disappointment lies when they did not take care of the issue after the release. Expand
  2. Aug 13, 2015
    Critic Review. 71/100. Its a good game for a JRPG and is really worth it if you like the disgaea series, but the movement of the characters is a bit unusual. The characters feet are not even going with the floor. Other than that, it is not bad at all.

Rating: 71/100
  3. Oct 9, 2013
    D2 is the best Disgaea published. I am fully ready to accept it as the true heir of Disgaea. D2 returns to the absurd character of Disgaea. The banter is amusing again. The mechanics are easy to use and difficult to master.
    Nippon Ichi has removed many barriers that interfered with enjoying the Disgaea series: promotion to next rank no longer requires reincarnation. Weapon skills are earned instead of earned and purchased (ala 2-4). You now choose a mage's or witch's elemental forte instead of rolling and re-rolling the dice. All this allows you to spend less time in menus and more in battle or dialogue.
    In short, D2 is just different enough, having made the changes that matter and undone a few mistakes, D2 is a gem.

NIS shows us tradition can easily hang with the Hollywood blockbusters of the video game world. The best game in the series, Disgaea D2 has humor, depth and story that will keep players entertained for weeks on end.
  2. Mar 5, 2014
    A specific game for a specific subgroup of hard core gamers. [03/2014, p.73]
  3. Jan 14, 2014
    It’s a shame Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness is a direct sequel. Despite niggling issues and a lackluster story compared to the original, it’s the most forgiving Disgaea to date. I woudn’t say it welcomes new players, but it streamlines things that took a long time without good reason and, in general, is the easiest Disgaea to play.