7.8

1. Jun 7, 2015
    It's truly rare nowadays to find a single-player experience with high replay value that gives you the tools to play however you want to. "Dishonored" does just that. At first glance the game seems fairly solid, yet unremarkable in it's mechanics. Then you start getting powers. The fairly standard, but solid stealth and combat mechanics really come to life and change how you play the game.It's truly rare nowadays to find a single-player experience with high replay value that gives you the tools to play however you want to. "Dishonored" does just that. At first glance the game seems fairly solid, yet unremarkable in it's mechanics. Then you start getting powers. The fairly standard, but solid stealth and combat mechanics really come to life and change how you play the game. With multiple paths to objectives, different powers and tools to experiment with, and multiple ways to complete your missions this is a game that really values player choice.

Whether you choose to be stealthy, go for all out combat, or try a combination of the two, the flexibility to each of the systems ensure that you are having fun no matter how you choose to play. The only downside to all this player choice is the "chaos" system. Similar to moral choices in other games, the chaos system affects which ending you receive. Leave a trail of bodies in your wake and chaos raises and you get a darker ending. Take as few lives as possible and chaos remains low and the opposite happens. The way this system works means that some player can get locked in one play style just for the sake of a happier or sadder ending. However the replay value of the game makes this only a minor issue. I recommend for your first playthrough you just focus on the gameplay experience and focus on playing the way you find the most fun/enjoyable, and then do other playthroughs for the story.

The reason I suggest this is because the story just isn't that interesting. It's a bland revenge tale with characters good and bad who I really couldn't distinguish between. There is lore here, scattered bits of side-stories, and chances to explore these characters more deeply, but I just wasn't interested. I'm sure others will find the world and it's inhabitants more appealing and interesting, but as far as I'm concerned the real value in Dishonored comes from the gameplay.

You can spend hours in it's world thanks to the amazing gameplay mechanics and side-content to dig into. There's plenty to see and do and the fun powers at your disposal make it all worth doing. Some niggling little issues are present here and there, but they don't detract from the large amount of enjoyment I had with this game. It's one of the most satisfying video game experiences I have had in a while.
  2. Oct 14, 2012
    Everything about this game is top notch. The game is gorgeous, the world breathtaking, controls tight, combat solid, attention to detail is incredible, lightening in the game is best i've ever seen in a game so far, game design is awesome, sound design is amazing, narrative draws you in right from the start, voice work and lip synching is great, a lot of effort has been put into the styleEverything about this game is top notch. The game is gorgeous, the world breathtaking, controls tight, combat solid, attention to detail is incredible, lightening in the game is best i've ever seen in a game so far, game design is awesome, sound design is amazing, narrative draws you in right from the start, voice work and lip synching is great, a lot of effort has been put into the style of the game. Game feels like a moving water color painting. One of the best original game titles to have come out in a long time and one that will be remembered for a long time. Its so refreshing to have such a unique world to explore without constant shooting or combat. The slow pace fits this game perfectly. I never had so much fun playing a "stealth" game so far. This was one of the best game surprises ever, since the game wasn't overhyped like so many other games nowadays. I also like the dark, mysterious tone of the game and the combat is pretty brutal. Definitely check it out if you've been looking for a new. unique world to get lost in and explore. Expand
  3. Oct 18, 2012
    No matter how many times you argue about it Dishonored is the best surprise of the year and probably a contender of Game of the Year either users or critics alike , and mostly ( and commonly ) the " haters " simply will thrash everything by their lack of taste. So to top it off, we had the over the top , fluid, almost perfect control scheme that makes this game shine set with a variety ofNo matter how many times you argue about it Dishonored is the best surprise of the year and probably a contender of Game of the Year either users or critics alike , and mostly ( and commonly ) the " haters " simply will thrash everything by their lack of taste. So to top it off, we had the over the top , fluid, almost perfect control scheme that makes this game shine set with a variety of powers , weapons , diverse locations on a single level , and creative missions . This elements will guide you through all the game and most likely will ease all your troubles when you acquire/improve powers . Arkane did not only made you a scary entity in the game it also made a solid AI that will cause you to break your head just to find out what possible solutions you can do to make a easy escape , mistakenly leave trails of your victims , a " piece of cake " entry to a mansion or a gory yet disappointing death for you . It sounds hard right ? well you get the hang of it , because you will want to be Corvo every time you assume the control of him and you want skills to feel awesome. The story itself , is clever and you can sense some sort of dark tone with every decisions in the conversations . With all these things in single game you need to say one thing for sure, single-player games still rock even on this generation full of multiplayer games. Expand
  4. Jul 4, 2014
    The most important quality of Dishonored is that it doesn't treat you like a tool. Instead it offers a toolbox of techniques and powers that you can apply as you prefer on each mission. The second most important quality of Dishonored is that it is FUN. It is a game, not an interactive movie or a tech showcase. It is game design refined for the highest possible amount of fun inside theThe most important quality of Dishonored is that it doesn't treat you like a tool. Instead it offers a toolbox of techniques and powers that you can apply as you prefer on each mission. The second most important quality of Dishonored is that it is FUN. It is a game, not an interactive movie or a tech showcase. It is game design refined for the highest possible amount of fun inside the otherwise rather grim game environment.

These qualities combine with an ambitious storyline and an exceptionally well realized game world, and the result is a rare mix of fun and immersion.

The graphics are more cartoony than the title or cover-art, but with PS3s capabilities, the art fits the constrictions and set the bar low enough to stay outside of uncanny valley and out of the ordinary. It is thus one of the best looking games I've played on PS3.

It has no multiplayer, no alternative game modes (unnecessary since it already can be played in many ways), and the ending is abruptly anti-climatic. I was overall satisfied with the story, but it could have built up the gameplay setups more rather than reiterate on the same basic challenges.

I kind of want to give it 7/10, but it's rare that you play a game and have to figure out your own way through each challenge. For that, it deserves recognition.
  5. Dec 12, 2012
    Someday somebodies gonna get the whole stealth thing fig.... oh wait, they did. Still sufferes from the trial and error that killed the rest of them but at least gave us a few options. Thank you for not being the (horrible) Deus Ex 2. This is a stealth game for the rest of us.
  6. Aug 23, 2013
    It's a great game. Some of the best stealth I've played in a while. Probably since Metal Gear. It's just fun and time-consuming. I expected a mediocre game but got something else: a worthy GOTY candidate.
  7. Oct 18, 2012
    i love this game it mixture of assassin creed with magic powers ability kill any bad guys i love game design from movement, character building and good voice that voice character as well fit perfectly

only wish it went longer & hoping for sequel in works
  8. May 9, 2013
    Good game! I do think that more attention should have been payed to the story and the characters, but the awesomely brutal combat and the numerous ways to assassinate each target definitely makes up for the stories shortcomings and some underdeveloped characters!
  9. Oct 14, 2012
    Dishonored is a thinking man's game, period. Each level in Dishonored gives you a sandbox to toy around in and lets the player run wild with their imagination as to how they will get through each situation. Gone are the overly scripted scenarios you're used to in games that funnel you down a certain path that the designers carved out for you. Dishonored is a game that asks the player toDishonored is a thinking man's game, period. Each level in Dishonored gives you a sandbox to toy around in and lets the player run wild with their imagination as to how they will get through each situation. Gone are the overly scripted scenarios you're used to in games that funnel you down a certain path that the designers carved out for you. Dishonored is a game that asks the player to think, to use their noggin, to overcome the obstacles, and while you have many tools at your disposal, it's your choice to decide how you use them and how you make your way through each environment. Do you prefer to kill every enemy in your path with weapons? Do you prefer to take them out through silent means? Or, another possibility and the most gratifying of all, is to make your way through the game without killing a single enemy. Everything's up to you, which is the true beauty of Dishonored. Dishonored's a true "water cooler" game where no two people will play the same and it's fun to talk to others and see how they played through the game. It's a deep game that only asks the player to think for once. Sometimes thinking for yourself can be fun.

Dishonored's art direction is beyond amazing. It's important to note that one of the minds behind the art is Viktor Antonov, who was also the mind behind Half Life 2's City 17. Harvey Smith, Co-creative Director at Arkane Studios, has said that they went for a "water color" look with the game's graphics, which is an apt description. While you won't be blown away by the textures or anything, it's still one of the most beautiful games out there because of its unique aesthetic.

Dishonored is one of those games we rarely see in this day and age. Harvey Smith, known for his work on Deus Ex and Thief, brings his experience from past games to make a new intellectual property that carries the same gameplay principals but puts it in a new and interesting world. This is a game that deserves to be supported. It's a rare and unique experience that no one should miss out on.
  10. Oct 9, 2012
    There is nothing bad i can say about this game i love it so much i will dare to say it is perfect. i will say this now though if you just rush through and kill everything in your path you will not have as good of a time and the game will be relatively short. all of your assassination targets are easy to get to right at the start but it involves killing everything in front of you and goingThere is nothing bad i can say about this game i love it so much i will dare to say it is perfect. i will say this now though if you just rush through and kill everything in your path you will not have as good of a time and the game will be relatively short. all of your assassination targets are easy to get to right at the start but it involves killing everything in front of you and going in guns blazing. there is nothing wrong with doing that of course but you will not experience the full game. what i mean by this is the fact that there is so much going on that you will miss entire scenes of the game if you don't think about your kill before making a strategy and finding out everything there is to know about them. the way they throw you into each situation is also to be praised because the game is open world to an extent and this allows you to play the game the way you want to play it unlike most games where there is only one way to do something this game allows limitless possibilities on how to play. the art in this game is icing on the cake it is beautiful and so diverse that as well as trying to figure out how you will kill your target you will also look around and admire your surroundings. although some may disagree i love the story so far and it is puling me in further and further and i want to keep playing so i can find out what is going to happen next. this game is a breath of fresh air and is a goood break from all the FPS games that are on the market i recommend this to everyone and i highly suggest you pick it up now. Expand
  11. Oct 24, 2012
    You choose what way you want to play in this game. You can go all out and run around and kill everything or you can try a more stealthy approach. You CAN run threw this game pretty quickly but atleast this game is somewhat different from the things we have been seeing latley. I think this is a good game but I also think that people will forget about this game pretty quickly. I wouldYou choose what way you want to play in this game. You can go all out and run around and kill everything or you can try a more stealthy approach. You CAN run threw this game pretty quickly but atleast this game is somewhat different from the things we have been seeing latley. I think this is a good game but I also think that people will forget about this game pretty quickly. I would actually give this game a 7.5 but we can't do that on Meta Critic. Don't get me wrong the game is good and in a way it's unique but in another way "we've seen these types of games before" I don't know if the way I phrased that makes any sense but anyway. Graphics are pretty decent,not that I care about them, I don't really care about story either but this games story is lacking ingrediants. Gameplay is pretty good too. I found the game to be easy and most people that know me know that I like hard games which this gen lacks so bad except Demon Souls/Dark Souls...If yo are looking for a challenge in this game you will not find it. However it is a decent game that deserves a rent and if it happens to be your cup of tea then buy it. I wont be disappointed if this games recieves GOTY, although I do not think it should be, but this year has already had a lot of games that I was excited for and was disappointed in many of them. This game doesn't disappoint me, just there are better games out there than this one. I'm just happy that it's not a Call of Duty game.. Expand
  12. Mar 12, 2015
    the greatest strength of this game is its art design and the options it gives you to complete your missions. this is not a completely open world game but definitely gives you lots of room to explore and it is far from linear and is one of the best stealth games I have played in a while, if you choose to play it stealthily. the only problem with that is that there are definitely some partsthe greatest strength of this game is its art design and the options it gives you to complete your missions. this is not a completely open world game but definitely gives you lots of room to explore and it is far from linear and is one of the best stealth games I have played in a while, if you choose to play it stealthily. the only problem with that is that there are definitely some parts where stealth or fighting were a much better option but for the most part both options were even. being stealthy is harder but is much more rewarding while fighting is easier but has consequences. I like that dynamic and it is done excellently. the few problems I have were with the characters and dialogue, they were good but you could tell that they had so much potential to be soooo much better which keeps this game from reaching its potential. the game is also to short, not like it feels like it ruins the game in any way, but by the end of the game you are really wanting more unfortuently. I feel like it could have been atleast another 4 hours longer but at least there is a lot of replayability. I think if they were to make a sequel these complaints would be solved and we would have a nearly perfect game. Expand
  13. Dec 26, 2013
    Very good.

Excellent setting and story (particularly if you play the 'knife' and 'witches' DLC). Good overall gameplay. Interesting, long and varied missions. Enemy AI is a bit dull stay hidden long enough and surviving enemy return to their routine, rather than hunt you down but no more so than most other stealth games. Combat is quite deadly for you, so sneaking is really
    Very good.

Combat is quite deadly for you, so sneaking is really worthwhile most 'bosses' are significant threats in face to face combat, but far easier to overcome with some serious stealth.

The graphics are a bit cartoony (like borderlands or amalur), but thats easy to get used to. Sound/voice is excellent.
  14. Oct 14, 2012
    I love this game, the controls, graphics, and story are all well done. On a side note, I dont know who the children are that are creating multiple accounts on Metacritic just to drag down game scores but do not be fooled by those morons, Dishonored is an excellent game and deserves at least an 8.
  15. Mar 19, 2013
    Dishonored belongs to a rare kind of game. And because it is rare it is special. Not everything that is rare is good but Dishonored is. From the story to the visuals, from the characters to the gameplay. Dishonored is a (very) special experience to any gamer. Everything that is put on this game is there with a purpose. If there is a ledge or a walkway there is a different way to play. AndDishonored belongs to a rare kind of game. And because it is rare it is special. Not everything that is rare is good but Dishonored is. From the story to the visuals, from the characters to the gameplay. Dishonored is a (very) special experience to any gamer. Everything that is put on this game is there with a purpose. If there is a ledge or a walkway there is a different way to play. And what to say about Dunwall? Picture Rapture without the plasmid effects and put a rat plague instead, add a political conspiracy with a twist of mysticism and you have the most amazing setting since Bioshock. Better even in my opinion. Dishonored is pure gaming perfection! Expand
  16. Nov 21, 2013
    Really unique and fun experience with this game. Graphics are dated and cartoonish, but this is offset by the amazing gameplay and decent revenge/redemption story.
  17. Feb 2, 2013
    Fun to an extent. That's what Dishonored truly is. For the first few hours, you will be amazed at what Arkane Studios has done. It's an amazing stealth game...then the game goes on. Sure the stealth is still amazing but the game continues to linger on with just a decent story. The art style is different, but it just doesn't look right in many situations. All games repeat themselves, and ifFun to an extent. That's what Dishonored truly is. For the first few hours, you will be amazed at what Arkane Studios has done. It's an amazing stealth game...then the game goes on. Sure the stealth is still amazing but the game continues to linger on with just a decent story. The art style is different, but it just doesn't look right in many situations. All games repeat themselves, and if done correctly, it works fine. But Dishonored truly gets dull in some areas and then it gets amazing all of a sudden. Dishonored is a great game, but it is definitely flawed and maybe Arkane can make a masterpiece next time because I know they have the potential. Expand
  18. Nov 4, 2012
    Dishonored Review
    Dishonored Review
    The highlight of E3 has finally arrived and being one of the only new series his year gamers across the globe get ready to play one of the best games of the year so far. Dishonored comes to us from Arkane Studios and Bethesda and the Besthesda influence really rubs off on this one too. The story is pretty standard, Empress gets murdered, princess gets kidnapped and of course you are framed for it, you are Corvo Attano the former bodyguard and it is your job to avenge the Empress's death and put the rightful heir on the throne. The story here is nothing original with some predictable twists but provides a good backdrop for the chaos going around in this city. Yes not only is the Empress dead but the city is still suffering from the rat plague which gives the city a certain lack of hope and happiness. The world is extremely detailed and evolves according to your actions, depending on who you kill and how many people you kill. The more you slaughter the more rats and the darker to outcome at the end. This adds a heap of replay value straight up to see the different outcome of the 9 missions and the ending. True to Bethesda fashion, the first mission is of course a prison break where you learn all the combat ropes and the different physical actions you can perform. The level design here is very open ended like the Thief and Hitman series, you can even get through the game without killing a soul, there are a million possibilities in these levels. Even more replay value, there are ghost bonuses and low chaos challenges to add difficulty. Talking about that, the difficulty settings here are pretty off, if you want a good time definitely turn it up to Hard or Very hard. Early you gain you magical abilities, to get these powers you must collect runes scattered around the world and these are powers like teleportation, possession, time bending and there is even a Fus Ro Dah. There are also passive abilities to get too like extra health, bodies disappear when killed and others. Graphically the game is perfectly fine but I think the developers were a bit confused when it came to art direction, were they going for cartoony or were they going for serious steampunk, I have no idea but regardless the visuals are fine. What baffled me is the lack of a substantial soundtrack, ambient music provides a little effect but it isn
  19. Feb 26, 2013
    Hmmm, i'm giving this an 8 because it's a very good game but i still feel it's been overhyped when so many reviewers are calling it GOTY. Though you can't deny that Dishonoured mostly achieves what it sets out to do polished gameplay with non linier level design, freedom to play how you want, some cool powers, and an interesting graphical style it also becomes apparent long before the endHmmm, i'm giving this an 8 because it's a very good game but i still feel it's been overhyped when so many reviewers are calling it GOTY. Though you can't deny that Dishonoured mostly achieves what it sets out to do polished gameplay with non linier level design, freedom to play how you want, some cool powers, and an interesting graphical style it also becomes apparent long before the end that the missions are repetitive and the plot is a bit dull. Although Dishonoured is always enjoyable ther's no real surprise or anticipation about what's coming next and ther's a constant, nagging feeling of "seen it all before and seen it done better". It just lacks that special oomph to be a true classic. Again, it's not that it's a bad game at all but it's just not the mindblowing, innovative experience many reviewers have hyped it up to be. Expand
  20. Oct 20, 2012
    Dishonored deserves a 9.5. every bit of this game oozes style quality and perfect execution in more ways than one. To begin with it includes a full color manual which is now a rarity even in special editions. And in-game tutorials too but the game is very intuitive (easy to use) the base control system is simple and weapons and powers can be switched in and out rapidly to alter yourDishonored deserves a 9.5. every bit of this game oozes style quality and perfect execution in more ways than one. To begin with it includes a full color manual which is now a rarity even in special editions. And in-game tutorials too but the game is very intuitive (easy to use) the base control system is simple and weapons and powers can be switched in and out rapidly to alter your play style at will. The level design is some of the best seen on this gens systems with multiple paths to youre objectives and throughout the levels. Dishonored is not open world or linear it is a system of hubs and areas ,levels that have been ttightly crafted to allow you to reach almost anywere you can see. Allowing you to spend hours exploring if you so wish. Some people have said it can be a short game but it takes over the 20hour mark on hard with about 80per cent of collectables found. The game is best played on the hard difficulty upwards. The character,enemy ai is highly intelligent at spotting you reacting reverting back to there patrol routes and alerting other enemies that you have been spotted. Dishonored really is a new ip although it looks similar to some games when you begin to play you soon realise it is like no other and its a brand new series in the making. An adult tale of political intrigue and occult weave together to create a grand world and story and by the time you finish you will be ready for dishonored 2. You can adjust or totally remove all or non of the hud objective markers dont like them switch them off. health and mana bars dont like them switch them off you still get visuals clues to the state of youre health and so on. The Audio work is top notch from the high quality voice overs from some highly respected actors and the minimal soundtrack that changes on cue when the action changes. There really is nothing bad to say about dishonored in my play-thru i came across no bugs or glitches like getting stuck in places it just never happened. A master piece of the programming craft and top contender for Game of the year. If you miss playing this one you are missing out on one of the best games this year. Expand
  21. Dec 16, 2014
    I absolutely loved this game. From the beginning to the end its a awesome experience. I loved the simplistic visual style, intuitive controls and the superb atmosphere. Best game i played in a long time!
  22. Mar 20, 2013
    I’d give it a 9.5, which I rounded up to 10. The game was definitely not as I thought it would be. The entire game had a Bioshock-ish feel with its own atmospheric identity, which is its best feat. The set-pieces are varied.

Unfortunately the plot is not nearly as good as it could be, but the execution with the Bioshock-esque recordings etc. make a mediocre plot a better than average one. I think that alone makes it a worthwhile game to play. The past few years games have been way too focused on cutscenes. Luckily, Dishonored does not have many, so I can’t complain about the plot too much. Out of all of these stealth games this generation of games, I think the controls with this one seemed the easiest to use. Naturally, with any of these covert stealth games, the controls can be frustrating and you just want to pry yourself into your TV screen because switching between the powers is sometimes not as quick as one would desire. The powers are awesome. One thing I really liked is that you can combo them to how you would like to play. It had some great writing and a great plot. Many say that the game does kind of punish you for being what you are, an assassin, which is a valid point. However, it is definitely more difficult to keep the death count low, which is the point. The game length was fine. It promotes exploring. I found though that near the end I was getting tired of it though and just slaughtered everyone.
  23. Sep 15, 2014
    The best stealth game in years. The setting is dark and matured. The characters are interesting with their own motivations and goals. The story is also dark and based on your approach / decisions it gets even darker /more hopeless later on. If you kill many guards in one level then the next level will be guarded heavier with more guards (There are also other changes which I won't spoil).The best stealth game in years. The setting is dark and matured. The characters are interesting with their own motivations and goals. The story is also dark and based on your approach / decisions it gets even darker /more hopeless later on. If you kill many guards in one level then the next level will be guarded heavier with more guards (There are also other changes which I won't spoil). It is possible to solve the game without killing anyone. The good thing is the variety in the levels. Most times there are multiple ways or approaches for a task. When I replayed a level I often find different routes (A lot easier than my first choices). This gives a good replay value for a second or third play-through. The graphic and sound are really fitting and helped to created a dark / realistic world. This game deserves a lot of praise and I hope there will be a Dishonored 2. Expand
  24. Nov 12, 2013
    Wonderful! I had so much fun playing this game I was a little disappointed by how short it was even when i did the side quests, all and all its still a wonderful game.
  25. Jun 16, 2013
    I got this game because of how much the critics loved it and in its moments this game delivers some of the best gameplay that I've experienced but unfortunately its not always like this. The first couple of levels are a bit dull story-wise but it picks up and has a couple of very interesting plot twists, the ending was a bit weak though but that could have been due to my high chaosI got this game because of how much the critics loved it and in its moments this game delivers some of the best gameplay that I've experienced but unfortunately its not always like this. The first couple of levels are a bit dull story-wise but it picks up and has a couple of very interesting plot twists, the ending was a bit weak though but that could have been due to my high chaos playthrough. I definately recommend a stealthy play style for this game because that is when the gameplay is at its best. Combat is alright but gets quite repetitive. I should definitely do a low chaos replay of the game because I have a feeling it will be more fun and challenging. Overall the game is mostly good but has its up and down moments, it is still highly recommended though if you like stealth, action games Expand
  26. Feb 8, 2015
    Dishonored

Game-play:The game-play is solid and the game give you the ability to play head on attack or stealth or you just can combine this two.Also if you are good you can finish the game without killing nobody not even bosses.You have also something like spells but you are not force to use them of even unlock them. Story:I really like the story of this game and really enjoy it but
    Dishonored

Story:I really like the story of this game and really enjoy it but the problem is that is so short it took me 5 to 6 hours in the hard mode.

Graphics:The graphics did not impress me much.

Notes:The level design in very good except the last level it could hav some improvements.This game is great worth full price.
  27. Sep 7, 2014
    this is the best first person stealth game i have ever played. the power are awesome. you can play the game in whatever way you want. cool story. the graphics are really awesome, what else you want in a game? so i give it a perfect 10.
  28. Sep 23, 2013
    Made my mind to buy this for the PS3. Thank goodness i wasted my money for good. This game sets up a new level of graphics, action, in game mechanics and etc. The storyline's epic. I love the surrounding scenery. I love to make use of those super powers u get.
  29. Jun 29, 2014
    A truly phenominal game. I played through a no kills and no detection run and I've got to say this game is amazing. Dishonored is perfectly designed the world is thought out and very details. There has been so much lore built into the game it makes the story incredibly rich. The way that your actions alter the environment and the eventual outcome is really well thought out. It'sA truly phenominal game. I played through a no kills and no detection run and I've got to say this game is amazing. Dishonored is perfectly designed the world is thought out and very details. There has been so much lore built into the game it makes the story incredibly rich. The way that your actions alter the environment and the eventual outcome is really well thought out. It's perfectly paced and the missions are understandable and objectives are easy to follow and the sheer multitude of ways to complete are second only to games like Hitman. I was dubious because of FPS stealth but they pulled it off. Definately going to play through this a couple more times. 9/10 Expand
  30. Oct 31, 2012
    This FPS is really good for the following reasons: stealth (like an old school Clancy game), an oddly wide array of gadgets and open-worldness (not completely but enough to be odd for an FPS), you hang out in a pub all the time (somehow, yes, in an FPS), save-anywhere, and a range of settings for **** who need regenerative health and settings for badasses who hate regenerative health. Boom.
  31. Oct 11, 2012
    Replaying through this game is a must. Even within the first level I noticed pathways/things that I completely missed the first time through. So great to see what happens when a company puts so much emphasis on a single player game nowadays. Instead of making a sub-par co-op mode or something they have made the most fun single player experience I have played this year....easily.
  32. Oct 9, 2012
    Finally a REAL next gen game these are far and few between anymore, kudos Arkane studios! Dishonored is a thinking mans game that places you in open world scenarios that have endless approaches to completing your assination objectives. Along the way you will learn of side missions, search for runes to upgrade your super natural powers and explore large environments while evading or killingFinally a REAL next gen game these are far and few between anymore, kudos Arkane studios! Dishonored is a thinking mans game that places you in open world scenarios that have endless approaches to completing your assination objectives. Along the way you will learn of side missions, search for runes to upgrade your super natural powers and explore large environments while evading or killing many memorable enemies. This is how games should be anymore, screw that arcade style linear casual gamer crap and pick up a game actually worth $60 Expand
  33. Nov 30, 2012
    Best new original game of the year for sure. What more is there to say that hasn't alreay been said. It's an epic game that you just have to play to realise how awesome it really is.
  34. Oct 11, 2012
    What a game. Right away it reminds me of the first time I played the original Bioshock. The story is fairly typical but the gameplay is fantastic. Everything works well and you can really get creative in how you choose to sneak about or lay waste to everyone in your path. The amount of abilities and upgrades really give you some great choices in how you decide to go about things. IWhat a game. Right away it reminds me of the first time I played the original Bioshock. The story is fairly typical but the gameplay is fantastic. Everything works well and you can really get creative in how you choose to sneak about or lay waste to everyone in your path. The amount of abilities and upgrades really give you some great choices in how you decide to go about things. I have found myself replaying sections simply to try our different tactics and see what works out best for me personally. One of the few games I have played where the stealth is actually a lot of fun and makes you feel like a total badass. The visuals are very nice as well. Some reviews say the textures are a bit muddy but I personally think it is the art style they were going for as it almost feels like you are playing a comic at times, everything is simply gorgeous. Each level also has a bunch of collectibles to keep the replay up and keep you searching for that next item....be it an upgrade, collectable or simply money. Easily one of the coolest games I have played in ages, an absolute must own in my book. Expand
  35. Mar 3, 2013
    Probably just a little bit below 8. Don't get me wrong, the game is pretty good, it just didn't deliver as much as I hoped for (I'm probably a little biased as I was super hyped for it). The best aspects by far are the level design (already praised by many reviewers) and the stealth, which gave me a flashback to the old metal gear days. Once hits the fan and guards start to go after you,Probably just a little bit below 8. Don't get me wrong, the game is pretty good, it just didn't deliver as much as I hoped for (I'm probably a little biased as I was super hyped for it). The best aspects by far are the level design (already praised by many reviewers) and the stealth, which gave me a flashback to the old metal gear days. Once hits the fan and guards start to go after you, combat doesn't feel as crisp as i expected, is sort of clunky and chaotic, and it becomes evident that your powers are designed for stealth, not overt conflict. This I can forgive since you're an assassin, and....... well I guess you're not supposed to be proficient in both stealth and brawl, but whatever. Things I didn't like: the graphics, since they feel very dated (same issue as with Deus EX:HR); lack of skill development (your powers' scaling feels bland and straight forward, a scheeme similar to Skyrim's skill trees would've been much better). Overall it's a good package, and though it's a little bit short it surely ranks as one the best stealth games I've played of late. Expand
  36. Feb 8, 2015
    I am The Destroyer. I will break games, complain about the littlest detail, and tell you whether or not the game is worth buying. A lot of things to say here, but can't due to the 5000 character limit. No mentioning of DLC will be in this review.
    Dishonored is an Action-Stealth game, released on 2012. Despite it's genre, it is recommended for newcomers to do their first playthrough without worrying about the stealth. That will allow studying of layouts for when a stealth run ever gets attempted.

1. Story
    There isn't much story here. You can play this entire game without ever knowing what's going on. Here's the basic jest of it: you are a wanted man for killing the Empress. Every mission you play will have city guards attempt to see you out as you try to accomplish various objectives throughout the game. The game itself leaves no secrets and informs you that more people you kill, the darker the overall outcomes will be. Will you play the good-hearted ninja? Or will you play the butchering assassin?

2. Voice Acting
    It's possible the voice acting could be improved, but it isn't the worst thing in the world. And if you're doing a stealth run it will be the least of worries.

3. Graphics and Visuals
    Yet, another area that receives only average feedback. The character models look like giant clay dolls walking around, so there's no love here. But every other artistic area in this game is superb. When you walk (or sneak) around town it really does feel like the early 1900's. And the animations for powers will take you by surprise.

4. Gameplay
    Gameplay refers to combat, customization, and various areas you can explore within the game. Put it all together and it deserves the highest rating possible!

-Battle System-
    All the battle actions and weapons you use will feel too basic for a standard action game, but it's all for good reason. Simple stabs, slashes, and gunfire can kill a person like it would in real life. Unfortunately, the AI's are too predictable in combat, and health drops are so plenishable to the point where you'll have to raise the difficulty to gain any real challenge, especially if you go around slaughtering everyone.

-Customization-
    In order to build up and customize your character, you'll need to collect an item called Runes, which will be explained more in game. There are also Bone Charms which add a small special ability boost. The difference between Runes and Bone Charms is that Runes are used for casting powers and cannot be undone once applied, and Bone Charms come with a completely random effect per playthrough but you can equip and unequip them any time.

-Exploration-
    This is where the game does it's best. You will spend a lot of time exploring the area and studying the games scenery, and the reason for this is because hidden pathways are everywhere! There are many different routes you can take to reach your objective, and I swear you will have a lot of fun discovering them.

5. Personal Enjoyment
    I went into this game expecting nothing of it at first, and was even so bored with the opening that I actually stopped playing. But then I came back to it a month later and decided to try it again, and was blown away with how the story and areas continued to get better and better. The first playthrough took about 15 hours to do; and that's just with me dying over and over again from gunshots on Very Hard difficulty. Suffice to say, whether it's challenge or simple, it has something for everyone.

6. Overall Verdict
    When you play Dishonored, it doesn't feel like a cash in, it doesn't feel unfinished, it doesn't feel like a car crash or a quick idea to keep up with other rival companies. It feels like a video game, and that's the way it should be. There is no possible way that Dishonored can get any better, and that is why I am issuing my very first 10 out of 10 for a PS3 game! Absolutely flawless! This game is so good that it when not playing, you should place the game and it's box in a glass display case, and hire a bodyguard so that no one takes your valued treasure. Buy this game!
  37. Feb 21, 2014
    This game is one of the best stealth/action games i have ever played, the graphics are artistically well done, the controls are smooth and efficient. The options of doing a high/low chaos playthrough are utterly well done and thought out. the level design is extremely well thought out and offer a myriad of ways to go about your mission. The storyline is thought provoking and quite layered.This game is one of the best stealth/action games i have ever played, the graphics are artistically well done, the controls are smooth and efficient. The options of doing a high/low chaos playthrough are utterly well done and thought out. the level design is extremely well thought out and offer a myriad of ways to go about your mission. The storyline is thought provoking and quite layered. You also acquire certain tools/weapons and special magical abilities to aid you in your mission ahead. On my first playthrough with me being in all modesty a true gamer took me about 15 hours to complete. arkane have outdone themselves and with that i will be buying future titles by them. Expand
  38. Oct 15, 2012
    Good game, mixes elements of Arkham Asylum, Bioshock and Fable while probably not being quite as good as any at any aspect (as well as Skyrim's piss poor melee combat). For a normal playthrough, at no point can you rely fully on any one aspect- and that's perhaps the best thing I can say about the game is that you do rely on melee, ranged, stealth and gadgets rather than becoming godlikeGood game, mixes elements of Arkham Asylum, Bioshock and Fable while probably not being quite as good as any at any aspect (as well as Skyrim's piss poor melee combat). For a normal playthrough, at no point can you rely fully on any one aspect- and that's perhaps the best thing I can say about the game is that you do rely on melee, ranged, stealth and gadgets rather than becoming godlike in one thing and using only that for the rest of the game.

Worth the 10-15 hour playthrough.

Also, lol at the negative user score spam- looks like Bethesda pissed off ****
  39. Nov 13, 2012
    This year hasn't been the best year for games; I bought only two games that were released this year before Dishonored and I was a bit disappointed with them both. Mass Effect 3 simplified the choices too much and gave the series a piss-poor ending, and Max Payne 3 just wasn't that compelling to play. It was after that that I went into a period of not playing any video games for a fewThis year hasn't been the best year for games; I bought only two games that were released this year before Dishonored and I was a bit disappointed with them both. Mass Effect 3 simplified the choices too much and gave the series a piss-poor ending, and Max Payne 3 just wasn't that compelling to play. It was after that that I went into a period of not playing any video games for a few months, so when my friend told me about how awesome Dishonored looked from the trailer, I just had to take a look at the game, and boy was that a good idea. Dishonored is the game that I needed to get back into gaming; it's absolutely brilliant on almost every aspect, from the story, to the characters, to the stylish (albeit glitchy) graphics, to the freedom of choice, to the fun gameplay, to the amazing world to explore. The game is fantastic. Never have I played a game which gives the player so much freedom on how to play. There are probably 50 or more different ways that you can tackle any situation in the game, whether it be climbing in through a window, possessing a rat or fish and going through a pipe into a building, shooting your way through the enemies or sneaking past your enemies and through the front door. The possibilities for gameplay are astounding in Dishonored, and this game is anything but a linear title. There are so many ways of tackling a situation, and the game gives you so many opportunities to be creative in the way you play. There are even tonnes of options in the way you assassinate the target; hell, you don't even have to assassinate the target! It's an unbelievably fun game with incredible gameplay and an amazing amount of freedom. Expand
  40. Dec 22, 2012
    The biggest complaint I have against Dishonored is that the story-telling (not the story, the story is great) is rather bad. I ended up skipping all of the parts where lord **** was blabbing in my face in fallout 3-esque fixed eye contact. It also suffers from most characters not having any personality whatsoever, they just exist to provide you quests and level ups. I can
  41. Mar 24, 2013
    I wrote an incredibly stupid review of this game before, so I'll just write a new one now. I have now beaten the game and I thought that it was really a decent game, it did get frustrating as I went on though. Gameplay wise the game is good, it feels great to pull off a perfect assassination without detection. Unfortunately the stealth mechanics weren't impressive and limited that fromI wrote an incredibly stupid review of this game before, so I'll just write a new one now. I have now beaten the game and I thought that it was really a decent game, it did get frustrating as I went on though. Gameplay wise the game is good, it feels great to pull off a perfect assassination without detection. Unfortunately the stealth mechanics weren't impressive and limited that from happening. I loved the steampunk environment of the city of Dunwall, but besides environmental design the rest of the graphics are just awful, like it should be in a game released in 2006. Graphics aren't really important, but I just felt like saying that since so many people seem to think that they are. I was disappointed by the story, mainly because it kind of sucks. Great stories should have great characters we care about, no single likable character with any sort of depth whatsoever is present. If you play games for the story, I would never recommend this game to you. I gave it an 8 because it's an original concept and I thought it was an engaging experience. Overall, it's a decent game, but it doesn't have enough content to be worth a full priced, $60 game in my opinion. Wait till it gets a price drop or buy it used. Expand
  42. Oct 15, 2012
    0.5 - A score which Corvo would freeze time, and crossbow. Dishonored is not only one of the best games of 2012, but one of the best I have EVER played. A great story encompassing the murkiness of betrayal; awesome game-play that encourages creativity and a beautiful hand-drawn atmosphere in Dunwall. people, if this hate is retaliation for Skyrim's PS3 ridiculousness then I'm behind you on0.5 - A score which Corvo would freeze time, and crossbow. Dishonored is not only one of the best games of 2012, but one of the best I have EVER played. A great story encompassing the murkiness of betrayal; awesome game-play that encourages creativity and a beautiful hand-drawn atmosphere in Dunwall. people, if this hate is retaliation for Skyrim's PS3 ridiculousness then I'm behind you on that. But don't drag don this incredible game that deserves the love of the gaming community. Expand
  43. Oct 29, 2012
    The game's biggest --perhaps only-- flaw is its inability to wrap the complex narrative up in a memorable way. Considering how rich the rest of the game is (both in terms of mythology and gameplay) I was sad at the non-ending that greeted me upon the end of Corvo's rather straight forward "save Emily" quest. Maybe they're pulling a Fallout 3 and planning on releasing the ending in DLCThe game's biggest --perhaps only-- flaw is its inability to wrap the complex narrative up in a memorable way. Considering how rich the rest of the game is (both in terms of mythology and gameplay) I was sad at the non-ending that greeted me upon the end of Corvo's rather straight forward "save Emily" quest. Maybe they're pulling a Fallout 3 and planning on releasing the ending in DLC form. Or maybe they're pulling a Bioshock and planning on giving us a proper ending with a direct sequel. Either way, a huge opportunity was lost and, in the process, Dishonored went from being a probable Game of the year to simply a very good game. Expand
  44. Oct 16, 2012
    Wow. This game is amazing. At first it took me a while to get into it but after that it is such an amazing game!!! It is a mixture of skyrim, bio shock and thief! Similar action as skyrim. Similar powers as bioshock and sneaking around castles like thief. This game is a must play! Graphics ain't the best and that's why I'm marking this game a 8. But other than that this game is simply amazing
  45. Oct 9, 2012
    Its like Deus Ex and Bioshock had a baby and Half Life 2 is the Godfather!! is it not enough for you? Freedom of choice and gameplay,journey that will attach you deeply and at last one game that rewards your brain for being creative and do smart things, if you're looking for something mindless and easy this game may not be for you, if you want to challenge yourself GO BUY IT FOR CHRIST SAKE :D
  46. Oct 14, 2012
    The GOOD: awesome stealth gameplay, cool powers, easy and responsive controls, freedom to achieve objectives the way you want, good graphics and astonishing art style, rich world and decent story.
    The NOT SO GOOD: soundtrack, melee combat doesn't feel right, no cutscenes at all and uninteresting voice acting.
    In the end: Dishonored is a MUST PLAY! Like most of games, Dishonored isn't
    In the end: Dishonored is a MUST PLAY! Like most of games, Dishonored isn't perfect, but even so is a remarkable experience. The atmosphere of the game feels unique. The addition of some cutscenes and a better selection of tracks for the soundtrack would have built an even more interesting experience. The stealth approach works flawlessly. Some may get disappointed by how the melee combat works, like I did, but if you enjoy a good stealth gameplay, you won't even get bugged by this fact.
    So, that's it: 10/10 to Dishonored.
  47. Nov 6, 2012
    In a nutshell... The gameplay is fantastic but the story leaves something to be desired. From the E3 trailors and all the supporting advertising we were promised something truly different - a masterpiece that would rival some of the best games of this generation. Unfortunately Dishonered does not quite meet those expectations, but it is a pretty great game regardless. The world isIn a nutshell... The gameplay is fantastic but the story leaves something to be desired. From the E3 trailors and all the supporting advertising we were promised something truly different - a masterpiece that would rival some of the best games of this generation. Unfortunately Dishonered does not quite meet those expectations, but it is a pretty great game regardless. The world is intuitively designed and each mission allows you to explore the range of options available to your playstyle - each mission plays like a mini sandbox with a multitude of NPC's that can help or hinder your progress dependent on the choices you make.
    The key is "choice" - something which is often promised but rarey delivered. The game can be played in stealth, outright carnage, or somewhere in between. Each method has its benefits and its entirely up to the player how you approach the various situations you encounter. However, appealing as all this may sound, Disonoured doesnt quite get the details right: The story which holds it all together is somewhat predictable and the structure of the game (set over 9 missions) breaks up the narrative. The soundtrack is nothing to get excited about, and your foes are often just guards with pistols.
    Despite the minor shortcomings its still great and is probably the best single player game on the market right now. When/if you play it, you will proably see that the game is a conceptual masterpiece with a few downsides. Highly reccomended nevertheless
  48. May 22, 2014
    I've spent about 64 hours, and frankly I want more :). This game may look cartoon-ish, but please don't be fooled by this - the game tests your humaneness from its 1st second till its last one: you may kill everyone you see, or you may kill no one at all - it's up to you. And like Sir Isaac Newton said, every action has a reaction (simple form) - I mean, whatever you do in the game, allI've spent about 64 hours, and frankly I want more :). This game may look cartoon-ish, but please don't be fooled by this - the game tests your humaneness from its 1st second till its last one: you may kill everyone you see, or you may kill no one at all - it's up to you. And like Sir Isaac Newton said, every action has a reaction (simple form) - I mean, whatever you do in the game, all your actions will have a consequences.
    The main part of the game is dedicated to Corvo. Alas, he is silent, which I don't like. But in the add-ons (The Knife of Dunwall, Brigmore Witches), you're playing as Daud, who is much more talkative. Well, Michael Madsen, as Daud, is fun.
    For those who love stealth games, especially Thief 1&2&3: IMHO, this game is even more Thief-esque than the last Thief (2014). It has a good story, a nice NPCs and their dialogues, a lot of perfectly hidden stashes with loot, and you're free to hide from your foes and neutralize them in old Thief style - by sneaking from behind. Also, the game has a lot of tributes to the Thief series, so you'll definitely smile every time you see them.
    Bottom line: it's a must-have.
  49. Oct 17, 2012
    This is the first truly great game from the second half of 2012 and is easily a GOTY candidate. After the somewhat disappointing Borderlands 2 and the horrible X-Com reboot, Dishonored was like a breath of fresh air. It just works, and if you like immerse games with a great character, insane powers and a exceptional attention to details, you will love Dishonored.
  50. Jun 12, 2014
    As to near Ahnk Morpork as I've seen in a videogame that isn't a discworld game and that's coming from someone who lives in Gloucester where they filmed one of the Discworld live action series. Dunwall is an amazing place in terms of the way it incorporates elements of steampunk with a victorian feel and setting a pace that wouldn't normally suit a 1st person action game but it justAs to near Ahnk Morpork as I've seen in a videogame that isn't a discworld game and that's coming from someone who lives in Gloucester where they filmed one of the Discworld live action series. Dunwall is an amazing place in terms of the way it incorporates elements of steampunk with a victorian feel and setting a pace that wouldn't normally suit a 1st person action game but it just flows so well and the artwork on the characters is stunning but sadly let down by a bit of collision detection which is hard to ignore, combine all this with a satisfying story you get a really decent game with plenty to get stuck into. Expand
  51. Nov 6, 2012
    Got a late review here so I'm going to keep it short, just like the game did.. Dishonored is a truly special game, it's a unique sandbox game with great atmosphere, enjoyable gameplay and a pretty okay story. Still, the open style of the game means that the story did suffer, it feels like a classic revenge tale, but at times you might miss out on things simply because you're in the wrongGot a late review here so I'm going to keep it short, just like the game did.. Dishonored is a truly special game, it's a unique sandbox game with great atmosphere, enjoyable gameplay and a pretty okay story. Still, the open style of the game means that the story did suffer, it feels like a classic revenge tale, but at times you might miss out on things simply because you're in the wrong place at the wrong time. Since it is a singleplayer game, I really do wish they would have put more effort into the story, since the game appears to highlight just that. Still, the reason why I liked this game was the nice visuals and the gameplay, playing this I wish more devs would implement similar teleportation mechanics, it's really fun and USEFUL. To finish this review off, I gotta say it's a good game, but flawed, I'm giving it a solid 7/10 since while it's a cool game, it could've used a lot more polish on... Everything, although I can recommend it to fans of stealth and adventure games. Expand
  52. Dec 23, 2012
    Awesome game, which mix original features with the action and the dinamic gameplay that is caracteristic from all Bethesda´s games. A perfect present for this Christmas for all the lovers of the action, the adventure, the darkness and the sigile. A good history, with good graphics and better posibilities. Welldone, Bethesda!
  53. Mar 7, 2013
    Never have I seen a game in my entire gaming life that is as lively and interactive as Dishonored. The storyline is so intense it had me screaming at the screen and it actually persisted as a major challenge for me, something that games hardly ever do to me. If you are a really good story gamer like me, you would be able to just rush right through and beat it in almost no time, but thisNever have I seen a game in my entire gaming life that is as lively and interactive as Dishonored. The storyline is so intense it had me screaming at the screen and it actually persisted as a major challenge for me, something that games hardly ever do to me. If you are a really good story gamer like me, you would be able to just rush right through and beat it in almost no time, but this actually required some thinking and planning to get through this game. I rarely see games where there is such a good balance between stealth and action, and the scale stays prefect on this game. Arkane has definitely undone themselves, if only they would make a sequel to this game, that would make my day! Expand
  54. May 20, 2013
    Dishonored is something fresh and new according to it's combat. It's combat is unlike anything i have ever seen in any other video game. You have these supernatural powers which help you play the way you want to play. Even if that means going in a stealthy approach or guns blazing. Decision making is also important, they will determine everything you have been fighting for. Just rememberDishonored is something fresh and new according to it's combat. It's combat is unlike anything i have ever seen in any other video game. You have these supernatural powers which help you play the way you want to play. Even if that means going in a stealthy approach or guns blazing. Decision making is also important, they will determine everything you have been fighting for. Just remember that karma is a Though this game suffers from shortness, there are only 9 missions in total. But each of them are fun and unique because of their level design. You will do doubt replay this game more than once. This is a must own for everybody. Expand
  55. Sep 16, 2013
    First thing first, this game is pretty tough, but that's why i loved it so much. Maybe it's because i have a soft spot for the Stealth Genre but between the unique powers and collectibles this makes up a very fantastic product. The campaign was a little short for the $60 price tag but it was well worth it.
  56. Oct 15, 2012
    WOW. I just thought that I had reached a very anticlimactic ending due to have already dispatched my target in the more unconventional way allotted for the mission at hand. Straight outta left field, I get slapped with the underpinning theme and reality of what Dishonored is as a game. NOT THE END. I will say, I am a sucker for un-apologetically mature and well crafted single playerWOW. I just thought that I had reached a very anticlimactic ending due to have already dispatched my target in the more unconventional way allotted for the mission at hand. Straight outta left field, I get slapped with the underpinning theme and reality of what Dishonored is as a game. NOT THE END. I will say, I am a sucker for un-apologetically mature and well crafted single player campaigns. This is very reminiscent of half-life in mood but much better developed. Well done Arcane! I don't replay many games, but I think I may replay this more than a few times. Expand
  57. Oct 9, 2012
    This game is amazing. Its a new take on gaming that we desperately needed in these times of repetitiveness. The art style is unique, scenes and maps amazing. Personally I love the sand box feel and the separated missions much like portal 2. This also lends a hand to those completionists as it assesses your mission stats and you can always work on improving. Maybe the endings leave much toThis game is amazing. Its a new take on gaming that we desperately needed in these times of repetitiveness. The art style is unique, scenes and maps amazing. Personally I love the sand box feel and the separated missions much like portal 2. This also lends a hand to those completionists as it assesses your mission stats and you can always work on improving. Maybe the endings leave much to be desired but do we play these games for the story or for the awesome supernatural assassin powers and awesome gameplay? May be a bit easy but up the difficulty and we have a contender for game of the year. I'll rewrite this review after one week to comment on replayability. Expand
  58. Nov 29, 2012
    An amazing game! The city of Dunwall and is beautifully crafted and feels so alive. (Well, aside from the plague victims, that is) But like I said, the setting is interesting, and the game itself is a lot of fun to play. The various ways to get to and kill (or not kill) a target are fun to play out. And although the story is a bit of a cliché with the whole "Get revenge andAn amazing game! The city of Dunwall and is beautifully crafted and feels so alive. (Well, aside from the plague victims, that is) But like I said, the setting is interesting, and the game itself is a lot of fun to play. The various ways to get to and kill (or not kill) a target are fun to play out. And although the story is a bit of a cliché with the whole "Get revenge and everything will fix itself." it still kept me interested. And the reason I didn't give this game a 10? Well, it's for petty and small reasons for the most part. I mean, the game felt...short. I would have loved to explore more of Dunwall and meet or have more targets to hunt after. I also would've loved to know more about the city and its people, and not just through books. And honestly the "character" I liked the most was the Heart that told you about the city, I didn't feel all that connected to anyone else. And finally, the lights. Why couldn't you destroy them? Or at least pull a switch or destroy a whale oil tank to make them go out. It is a small thing, I know. But I kind feel that something like that belongs in a stealth game. Expand
  59. Dec 29, 2013
    I really loved this game and it ate up a lot of my time. The story is amazing and can definitely be played through multiple times. Although it may be a bit overly gory, the way your actions shape the outcome of the game is brilliant. The game can really be unpredictable with lots of excitement at each turn. You can take the road of stealth and try to sneak past guards or you can fightI really loved this game and it ate up a lot of my time. The story is amazing and can definitely be played through multiple times. Although it may be a bit overly gory, the way your actions shape the outcome of the game is brilliant. The game can really be unpredictable with lots of excitement at each turn. You can take the road of stealth and try to sneak past guards or you can fight through them, either being lots of fun. The game is overall an amazing game and definitely a buy for gamers alike. Expand
  60. Jan 7, 2013
    damn good game, i don't mind reading negative reviews on here because, everybody has an opinion, and occasionally i agree with some of the negative points, for example, corvo was hard to get attached to, but there were other characters that were developed. so yes that is not great but it doesn't ruin the game. it appears some users didn't finish the game, again that's cool, but theydamn good game, i don't mind reading negative reviews on here because, everybody has an opinion, and occasionally i agree with some of the negative points, for example, corvo was hard to get attached to, but there were other characters that were developed. so yes that is not great but it doesn't ruin the game. it appears some users didn't finish the game, again that's cool, but they missed an awesome game that only got better. this game grew on you, if given a chance. i don't trust the user review averages on this site anymore because it seems that there are always haters that give great games punishing low scores. i loved the mood and atmosphere of the game. this one left me wanting more. when i finished the game it left me in a funk looking for my next adventure. can't wait for deadspace3. i thought it was a hair better than deus ex hr which i just finished. Expand
  61. Nov 10, 2012
    i was cautious to get this game because the last bethesda game for ps3 was such a bug ridden mess. however, this game is truly great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  62. Apr 23, 2013
    I simply could not put this game down. The first time I saw the trailer I was stunned that in a flood of sequels something so radically different would have been given a chance. A first-person, action-adventure, stealth game set in a magical steampunk world where your actions affect your outcome? No way. I wanted it.
    I was afraid that by being published by Bethesda the world would be
    I was afraid that by being published by Bethesda the world would be pretty with great mechanics and gameplay, but the characters and story would be shallow and forgettable. I was pleasantly surprised. Corvo being framed for killing a woman he loved and not being able to protect her daughter who considers you a father is enough for anyone to march on for revenge and the dialogue and voice acting seals the deal. In addition, the art design and setting of the dreary, dingy, dirty Victorian-style steampunk city of Dunwall is so horribly attractive you don’t ever want to leave.
  63. Oct 21, 2012
    Not since the masterpiece Deus Ex came out in 2000 has there been a game with so much freedom to get to the end objective your own way. It's absolutely fantastic that you can play without killing anyone or cut down all those in your path. The story is pretty good, but (without giving away any spoilers), I think most people could see the plot twist two or three missions in. Map design isNot since the masterpiece Deus Ex came out in 2000 has there been a game with so much freedom to get to the end objective your own way. It's absolutely fantastic that you can play without killing anyone or cut down all those in your path. The story is pretty good, but (without giving away any spoilers), I think most people could see the plot twist two or three missions in. Map design is terrific. There are so many ways to enter areas, take down enemies, achieve objectives it's amazing what the player can accomplish. Enemy AI is good. If you take down an enemy, another one will think no one is patrolling there and cover a bigger area. However, some small glitches prevent the game from being truly great. There are at time enemies who are somehow instantaneously alerted to your exact position through two buildings, while you are sneaking. There are at times audio glitches where you press play on something and the sound doesn't play. There are times where the game can't display some visual effects and instead shows a white square. These are minor blemishes that stain an otherwise fantastic piece of work. Expand
  64. Mar 5, 2013
    it's an absolute masterpiece. it's pretty, very well balanced, all the elements work seamlessly, the stealth part is brilliant, music and visuals are different, artistic and well presented. it's great fun when your stealthy but if you get caught and the action heats up the game still holds it's own... perfection!
  65. Oct 12, 2012
    What a gem. This game is everything we want as gamers. It's new, fresh, innovative, and just a damn good time. It doesn't take us for fools and is a smart and well thought out game. Love that you can remove the hud as well. This isn't a game you are supposed to rush through. Take your time, explore, etc. Unbelievably great game.
  66. Oct 16, 2012
    It is an innovative game like few others, with gameplay away from the archetypes of FPS ever. It also has a variety of missions to solve, a graphic section is excellent and a very fun game that is really important. We can say that this game deserves to be ahead of RE6 in sales, and I hope so, because the differences in quality between a title and another is evident.
  67. Nov 13, 2012
    great game! very polished story and graphics. good level of challenge and a variety of ways to play. wish it were a complete open world, but i can't really complain, lots of plot twists and turns. highly recommended
  68. Jul 8, 2013
    DIshonored was one of my favourite games of last year, maybe even my favourite. It's very cleverly constructed and features huge open levels to explore. Dishonored is one of the very few games I played through twice, and both playthroughs were very different. I think the game strikes a great balance in difficulty, it's not easy to take on a large room of men so you can't just chargeDIshonored was one of my favourite games of last year, maybe even my favourite. It's very cleverly constructed and features huge open levels to explore. Dishonored is one of the very few games I played through twice, and both playthroughs were very different. I think the game strikes a great balance in difficulty, it's not easy to take on a large room of men so you can't just charge through, but it's also not easy to sneak past them all, I really appreciated that there were some challenging moments but it never felt like an endurance to complete. Graphically the games not very impressive, and there are muddy textures to be found on the PS3 version at least, but the games steam punk art design is amazing, it really does elevate the average graphics that game has. The world that the game is set in is great, it's original and compelling to explore. The game has a huge amount things to read and collect, it really is a giant amount of reading to do if you find them all, and it's all pretty interesting stuff. The story the game tells is a bit disappointing, it's serviceable but it's disappointing that it's not more original or interesting. Dishonored is a joy to play, I'd certainly love to see a sequel in the future. Expand
  69. Jun 30, 2014
    Total gameplay choice. Total.Did I say total?

This feature is often touted in games, but is rarely ever delivered. Dishonoured is one such game that stays true to its word. A twisted revenge narrative, embedded within a rich, fresh steampunk aesthetic provides a strong and rewarding backbone for the game. The sandbox nature of the assassinations combining both stealth melee and
    Total gameplay choice. Total.Did I say total?

The sandbox nature of the assassinations combining both stealth melee and supernatural powers (like teleportation, time distortion) makes the game a winner and sure as hell, intoxicating.

Sure, you can leap into every single bloody confrontation, flash your blade and slit some throats – but you’ve got God Of War for that. What’s the fun?

The only way to enjoy this killhouse is to meld into the shadows, (painstakingly) working your way through the 9 levels (short, I know – but definitely worth replaying). Even killing ONE single person made me feel that I failed my mission. Never has one game made me feel so badass by NOT killing anyone. I felt like a true assassin, silently making my way around the unbelievable gorgeous environment, listening in on peoples conversations and hunting for clues. It’s a thrilling game – rewarding you for doing the things so many other games mindlessly encourage.

So step lightly, stay out of sight and plan ahead – you’ll be rewarded tremendously!
  70. Oct 9, 2012
    It's truly a unique game with amazing gameplay. The gameplay gives you creative ways to utilize gadgets and kill your enemies to stealthily proceed in the game such as by possessing rats to kill enemies. But even during all-out combat the gameplay is amazing. The graphics and art design are some of the best I've seen in a long time. Moreover, it comes with large amounts of content givingIt's truly a unique game with amazing gameplay. The gameplay gives you creative ways to utilize gadgets and kill your enemies to stealthily proceed in the game such as by possessing rats to kill enemies. But even during all-out combat the gameplay is amazing. The graphics and art design are some of the best I've seen in a long time. Moreover, it comes with large amounts of content giving it high replayability. As for the story, it's the cherry of the cake so I won't spoil it for you. Betheseda has done a great job this time. THIS IS A MUST BUY FOLKS! Expand
  71. Oct 28, 2012
    This game is amazing. Unique world with unique approaches to the lore. Branching and multiple pathways for every level and the terrain between levels makes it highly interesting to try and find the best routes. Initial reviews I read of this game mainly had issue with the length of the game, given the fact there are multiple endings and completely customizable play-styles, this game willThis game is amazing. Unique world with unique approaches to the lore. Branching and multiple pathways for every level and the terrain between levels makes it highly interesting to try and find the best routes. Initial reviews I read of this game mainly had issue with the length of the game, given the fact there are multiple endings and completely customizable play-styles, this game will have you running through multiple times, each play-through will present itself slightly different and unique outcomes. Expand
  72. Jan 22, 2014
    Dishonored is so close to becoming a memorable game. Instead, only months after playing, it starts to fade into the other games. But this game is not bad by any means. Dishonored is fearless, it has a great story and a great stealth engine which is surprisingly hard to come by these days. Dishonored feels and plays a lot like Bioshock Infinite, which I believe is the game of the year, butDishonored is so close to becoming a memorable game. Instead, only months after playing, it starts to fade into the other games. But this game is not bad by any means. Dishonored is fearless, it has a great story and a great stealth engine which is surprisingly hard to come by these days. Dishonored feels and plays a lot like Bioshock Infinite, which I believe is the game of the year, but the difference between the two is simple; while Dishonored starts beautifully and has a great core, the ending is short and not that interesting. The game seems to drop off out of nowhere. The story itself, besides the ending, is solid. It's a bit slow until you make it to the big twist, and then it gets fun. The game pulls you in and give you loads of options and ways to complete the level. Bioshock Infinite, even if it did seem a bit dull through the middle portion, was awe-inspiring and beautiful, the engine was near flawless and the twists were mind-blowing. In the end, I wish Dishonored was a bit more like Bioshock in the sense that it spent more time developing its ending and story. Expand
  73. Oct 29, 2012
    It takes a few levels to realise that, for a game which offers you multiple ways to play, you have to adapt to play it the way it needs you to. On Very Hard, Dishonored is an absolute nightmare at first. Even towards the end you'll sometimes be detected and won't be sure what's wrong. But oh - for those many moments where it works, where it pushes storytelling in FPS games far beyondIt takes a few levels to realise that, for a game which offers you multiple ways to play, you have to adapt to play it the way it needs you to. On Very Hard, Dishonored is an absolute nightmare at first. Even towards the end you'll sometimes be detected and won't be sure what's wrong. But oh - for those many moments where it works, where it pushes storytelling in FPS games far beyond what you've ever seen before, where you'll leave the house in real life (gasp!) wanting to blink, to use dark vision, to sleep dart the cat next door. When the last level comes around, you'll realise that you've been trained the entire time to become the ultimate badass and it has to end there. Because by then, you have become completely unstoppable. Yes, the controls take a little getting used to. Yes, the field of vision available is a little hard to get used to. And yes, you should stay away if Call Of Duty is the only game you know how to play. But for those who can easily get past all of the above, Dishonored is a beautiful, well-realised and deeply engrossing experience for which I sincerely hope there'll be a sequel. Thank you Arkane, thank you Bethesda, thank you Corvo and the city of Dunwall! Expand
  74. Oct 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I imagined this game to be very much like Bioshock which put me off if I am honest. I can understand why people like Bioshock, it's just not my type of game. I really didn't like the art style or story very much. Anyway, I think the reason I initially likened it to Bioshock was because of the art style. After reading several reviews on Dishonoured I decided to give it a chance. I am so glad I did. The story is fantastic... it really draws you into the world and before you know it hours have passed without you really having achieved that much in the game world. The game has great characters, a great story and best of all an amazing character to control in a totally believable city full of atmosphere. Exploration will see you collect runes around the city of Dunwall which can be used to upgrade your supernatural abilities such as Blink which allows you to teleport short distances or the ability to posses rats or fish to access small areas. All abilities can be upgraded and a particular playing style can be favoured dependant on your choice to be a stealth type assassin, an all out gung-ho no nonsense brawler or somewhere inbetween. The game presents you with missions and additional side quests to perform should you wish to stray from the main path, all of which are fun and rewarding in their own right. Puzzles are clever and never a chore as is often the case with this type of game. Missions are presented for you to complete and it is really up to you how you complete them. I have never played such a polished and exciting game that genuinely gives the player the choice of how to go about the task. You really can use your imagination to complete missions and in most cases you are not restricted by the game. Give this game an hour of your time and I guarantee you will be completely hooked. One of the games of the year for me. Amazing. Expand
  75. Oct 26, 2012
    The game controls very nicely and the stealth is nearly masterful. The atmosphere fits the game's theme and helps the player feel like they are a part of Dunwall. Menus and upgrades are easy to navigate and the player is heavily rewarded for exploring. Where Dishonored falls is the story. The game follows a straightforward mission system with levels that feel decidedly smaller the secondThe game controls very nicely and the stealth is nearly masterful. The atmosphere fits the game's theme and helps the player feel like they are a part of Dunwall. Menus and upgrades are easy to navigate and the player is heavily rewarded for exploring. Where Dishonored falls is the story. The game follows a straightforward mission system with levels that feel decidedly smaller the second time around. The morality choices are somewhat ridiculous in context and levels barely change based on your decision.
    Overall, you should play Dishonored for the gameplay and feel of the world, not the story.
  76. Nov 2, 2012
    There's little to be said about Dishonored, its Bio-Shock meets Thief with a hint of Skyrim & Assassins Creed. Dishonored is a great title but there were a few things that could have turned the title from Great to Masterpiece. You are instantly introduced into a world of politics as the Main Man, Antagonist, Hero, Anti Hero and the list can go on, Corvo Atano, a prolific bodyguard of anThere's little to be said about Dishonored, its Bio-Shock meets Thief with a hint of Skyrim & Assassins Creed. Dishonored is a great title but there were a few things that could have turned the title from Great to Masterpiece. You are instantly introduced into a world of politics as the Main Man, Antagonist, Hero, Anti Hero and the list can go on, Corvo Atano, a prolific bodyguard of an empress who is assassinated asap in the game by unknown assassins at this point, Corvo is simply framed with the murder, leaving little to be known about the empress but before her death it shows glimpses of you having previously established a close relationship with Jessamine (the empress) but more importantly a close bond with her daughter and only heir, the empresses warm hearted daughter Emily who is kidnapped in the process of the murder of her mother. The plot is simple find and save Emily, it felt a bit generic with your average plot twist and as simple as the Main Story is the side missions is what makes this game a complete conscious ride and keeps the replay value at a good height, even with the short amount of main missions (being only 9) there is a certain point where it felt that some missions had more depth then others, where the odd ones felt like they were just fillers where the super natural powers you possess made the mission a fun ride instead of the mission it self. The assassinating is where ALL the fun is with a array of supernatural powers given to you from the Demi God known as the Outsider, which he does give you that slight chill at times, with your new found powers gives you the chance and opportunity to either play extremely ruthless or completely silent throughout the whole game. As for visuals, DON'T be expecting stunning visuals like Uncharted or Skyrim, 80% of the locations have a dark tone to it with almost every location being bland but it does have the rare areas in the game that shows some nice contrast but overall it feels like a nightmare has taken place with a bit of life being hidden deeply inside the locations. This games value comes all down to pure game play and its conscious driven plot. The cons would be its lack of plot design/depth and its shifty stealth system which at times you feel completely disguised but then some how you have been spotted from meters away also the combat system did feel a bit generic and it felt the final blow was the only different action after you have performed a array of 1-2 slash combos which is luckily saved by its creative ideas of using your super natural abilities. The load screens were a bit long at times and some characters could have had more depth, I barely had any sort of technical problems in my experience with the game only freezing up on me twice on all my play throughs, i say the frame rate was good and the exposure of glitches were rare.

Plot - 7
    Gameplay - 9
    Originality - 7
    Technicality - 9
    Replay Value - 8
  77. Oct 12, 2012
    I am in love with this game. It's soooo beautiful and the world is so well made. I love exploring the levels and finding everything it has to offer. I am playing a full stealth game and it's so intense and fun. If I get caught I consider it a failure and reload I haven't had this much fun in a game since Deus Ex: Human Revolution!
  78. Mar 5, 2013
    Put Metal Gear Solid, Skyrim, and Bioshock in a blender and you get this game. Its really fun and has a million side quests that you feel compelled to do because the story is so great. I also enjoyed the fact there are mulitple ways to achieve your goal for every situation. The AI seems mentally challenged at times but other than that good game. Wish there was an addition of a SolitonPut Metal Gear Solid, Skyrim, and Bioshock in a blender and you get this game. Its really fun and has a million side quests that you feel compelled to do because the story is so great. I also enjoyed the fact there are mulitple ways to achieve your goal for every situation. The AI seems mentally challenged at times but other than that good game. Wish there was an addition of a Soliton radar or something though. 8/10 Expand
  79. Feb 19, 2013
    "Dishonored" is a hell of an experience. Although it is a very short game that can be beaten in under 10 hours or so, the game has a TON of re-playability and has numerous ways in which its missions can be beaten. You can kill upwards of 150 men throughout the game, or you can go through the entirety of the game without being seen or killing anyone. All of this is at the player's"Dishonored" is a hell of an experience. Although it is a very short game that can be beaten in under 10 hours or so, the game has a TON of re-playability and has numerous ways in which its missions can be beaten. You can kill upwards of 150 men throughout the game, or you can go through the entirety of the game without being seen or killing anyone. All of this is at the player's discretion and gives the player a lot of liberty in going about their business while being immersed in a very cool, dystopian atmosphere.

This game requires a lot of thinking and isn't easily accessible for those who like to run-and-gun. While you can always try to stay out in the open, run through the levels and take on all foes that get in your way, you probably aren't going to have much luck in doing so unless you have a large amount of power-ups or ammo. And, even then, you're going to find that isn't going to be the best way of going about things because getting detected will bring a LOT of attention your way, and it is definitely tough to get out of these situations when being approached by enemies from many different angles.

Stealth is definitely encouraged, though not required. If you struggle in stealth games (kind of like me), you're going to find this game to be a bit frustrating. You are going to find that it is better to take on opponents one-by-one instead of taking on 5 at once (unless you have a bunch of pistol or crossbow ammo, in which case you have a better chance). The crossbow and pistol are definitely very helpful in your quest, though. The crossbows allow you to take enemies out from a distance without letting others in the area (immediately) catch on to your whereabouts. The pistol, on the other hand, is very helpful when you need to get out of a bad situation in which you've been spotted. It allows you to knock enemies back and take them out with your sword (if they aren't killed on the first shot) with relative ease. Ammo goes quickly, though, so use it wisely as you move forward (if you aren't going for total stealth trophies, that is). The sword combat is good, but should probably be used as a last resort. Taking on many enemies at once when you only have your sword is probably going to get you killed.

Blink will immediately become your best friend. While it is a bit frustrating to control at times (sometimes you have trouble locking on to the point you want to reach), it becomes a necessary part as you move forward, whether you are focusing more on combat or stealth. Blink will get you onto ledges that you wouldn't normally be able to access. It is critical to use Blink, whether you are scoping out an area to plan an efficient attack or are trying to stay in the shadows to finish the game as stealthily as possible. You are going to be using Blink a lot to help you out and, for the most part, it works out pretty well. Also, saving often is very much encouraged, as well. You can save right in a certain spot so you don't have to work from a certain checkpoint if you mess up. Instead, you start right at the place where you save. This is HUGE, especially when one false movement can end your chance at earning some of the stealth trophies/achievements.

As for the story, it's pretty good but definitely not the strong point of the game, in my opinion. I think a lot of my criticism pertaining to the presentation of the story stems from the fact that the main character, Corvo, never speaks outside of exclamations of pain. I felt some character development on his end as you went through the game definitely would've helped create a larger attachment to the storyline. Instead, we just take a first person perspective where everyone just talks at him instead of to him, so it's a bit hard to say how Corvo feels while going about his business and makes it a little bit harder to get attached to the storyline. Anyway, it's just a small gripe, and it really doesn't set back the experience as a whole, which you will probably find very enjoyable, no matter how you play it. The story definitely makes you want to eliminate your key targets and restore your once good image by any means necessary.

All in all, I would recommend "Dishonored" to any fan of stealth games and anyone who doesn't get easily discouraged by a challenge. This game will definitely test your instincts, as will any good stealth game, while adding some nice innovations through supernatural abilities that will help you out along the way. "Dishonored" is a very engrossing gameplay experience that is well worth the money you pay for it.
  80. Nov 19, 2012
    Buy this game! The game is worth the full 59.99 price! Beautiful graphics. Multiple ways to finish a mission. Choices that you must make change the experience you have!
  81. Nov 23, 2012
    Dishonored was a really fun experience. It's a different game, both in looks and gameplay. I love the art style, almost like a painting rather than a cell shaded cartoon. The city of Dunwall is beautifully detailed and alive. The different sections are well designed to explore for runes and bone charms; or sneaking around for stealth kills. I love the controls myself and found them easy toDishonored was a really fun experience. It's a different game, both in looks and gameplay. I love the art style, almost like a painting rather than a cell shaded cartoon. The city of Dunwall is beautifully detailed and alive. The different sections are well designed to explore for runes and bone charms; or sneaking around for stealth kills. I love the controls myself and found them easy to use. Once you start unlocking all the awesome powers there is no limit to how you can dispatch enemies. The game is more centered on using stealth, but the real fun is had when using your imagination and abilities in brutal ways! However, the more people you kill and bodies you leave in your wake, the more the plague spreads and rats swarms increase. It has an effect on the ending you get also. The story is pretty good, revenge is always the best motive to go on a killing spree and take bad people out of power. You always have choices to make in this game; whether it's deciding to assassinate a target or expose him, or sneak around the levels choosing your own path to an objective. This game gives you one of the best feelings of choosing your own way to accomplish things. There are some minor complaints as there are with any game, but they can be overlooked. The good things about this game far outweigh the bad. Expand
  82. Dec 18, 2012
    Finally an action game you can complete without brining death to a single enemy. So naturally I did my best to kill everyone! Rarely have i played a game where killing is more enjoyable, creeping up behind an enemy and stabbing them in the neck, never gets old. Tone/Setting: Excellent - perhaps only surpassed by the original Bioshock

Gameplay: Outstanding - the best of the best of this

Gameplay: Outstanding - the best of the best of this generation

Graphics: Outstanding - as sharp as they are immersive Story: Ordinary - Not bad but nothing you would write home about, I don't care much for the characters, they neither add anything nor take anything away from the game. I was disappointed by the zero character development of Corvo and was never given a reason to care for the wellbeing of the empress. Story gets slightly more interesting towards the end. +Customisable weapons and magic
    +Brilliant stealth mechanics
    +Believable, fascinating and emotionally invigorating environments

-The ordinary story holds this game back from masterpiece status
    -written letters and book excerpts have no voice over: the last thing I want to do in a game is stop and read, its annoying and breaks up the action; I would have liked audiotapes like in bioshock. Recommended for: stealth lovers, people who enjoyed bioshock, or anyone who can appreciate an amazing game regardless of genre. Closing thoughts: You will remember Dunwall for its eeriness and thrilling gameplay, the same cannot be said for its weak characters and ordinary story. Overall: Amazing
  83. Apr 1, 2013
    I can see what the developers wanted to do with Dishonored: split the difference between a legendary game (Bioshock, if you've never played it, stop reading this and go buy it right now) and a solid multiple approach game like Dues Ex Human Revolution. Did they succeed? Admirably so for the most part. Dishonored's setting takes place in a steampunk world (Dunwall is pretty amazing) andI can see what the developers wanted to do with Dishonored: split the difference between a legendary game (Bioshock, if you've never played it, stop reading this and go buy it right now) and a solid multiple approach game like Dues Ex Human Revolution. Did they succeed? Admirably so for the most part. Dishonored's setting takes place in a steampunk world (Dunwall is pretty amazing) and combines the options to be patient and utilize stealth with general mayhem or anything in between. Like Bioshock it uses a variance on plasmids (upgradeable skills) but geared toward the opproach the player wises to take. The city is lush and vibrant and the enemies are challenging if you're playing stealthy. In addition to this you have an excellent story combing strong elements of political intrigue and blood soaked revenge. What sets Dishonored apart is the readily visible consequences in the form of rats. In Dishonored rats bring the plague and killing enemies raises the rat population to dangerous levels. This makes a straight forward approach as risky as a stealth approach and the developers should be congratulated for it. Dishonored is not without its flaws- the customization of abilities is pretty limited as are the choice of weapons; enemy AI is not always great either. That being said Dishonored is an excellent new IP and should be given an ample chance to prove itself. That alone should be incentive to check it out- it's not a part 20 retread it is a new and fresh game....try it out. Expand
  84. Oct 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game... graphics are very nice, decent music, memorable cast.
    I dislike how killing is frowned upon... is seeking vengeance really that bad?
    PS If you want people to not kill you should give them more abilities... choke, dark vision, blink, and poisoned arrow... you give the killers more... nades, mines, etc
    PSS Possession is just goofy, its length should be massively buffed so it has a use for the ghost runners.
  85. Oct 12, 2012
    I am having a really good time with this game. It reminds me of System Shock and Deus Ex but definnitely has its own personality and style. You have so much control over how you proceed with your objectives its crazy. This is a game that demands exploration and experimentation. I definitely recommend it.

PS: These Abdul fanatics whoever they are need to be IP banned. This is ridiculous. These clowns have no lives.
  86. Nov 15, 2012
    I feel like the game is overall well put together through the story and the mechanics of the game. If anyone remembers Tenchu on the Playstation, this game has a similar feel to it gameplay wise. There is a different take on magic and majority of the areas in the game are exploreable, I find more and more I can do everytime I play. Dishonored is well worth the money especially since youI feel like the game is overall well put together through the story and the mechanics of the game. If anyone remembers Tenchu on the Playstation, this game has a similar feel to it gameplay wise. There is a different take on magic and majority of the areas in the game are exploreable, I find more and more I can do everytime I play. Dishonored is well worth the money especially since you will spend weeks playing it, and you will spend weeks. Expand
  87. Oct 9, 2012
    I have only played a few hours of Dishonored, and I already love it. I am not that far into the game, so I can't tell all the things I like. So far, I love the detail and distinct style this whaling city has. The story is pretty cool and the powers you get are incredible. Great game! If you are going to pay full price for anything on its release day, you could do a lot worse than this.
  88. Dec 4, 2012
    creo que este juego es prometedor como para una segunda versión de verdad que me a dejado con la boca abierta con la historia que presenta y como la plantean tiene muy buenos gráfico sonido y una mezcla extraña de tecnologías de diferentes épocas lo cual le da ese toque lujubre al juego no sabes que año ni en que época se desarrolla por quecreo que este juego es prometedor como para una segunda versión de verdad que me a dejado con la boca abierta con la historia que presenta y como la plantean tiene muy buenos gráfico sonido y una mezcla extraña de tecnologías de diferentes épocas lo cual le da ese toque lujubre al juego no sabes que año ni en que época se desarrolla por que todo esta mezclado eso es genial te hace pensar e inmaginar que sera esta historia ?! aun estoy esperando a ver que cosas van a sacar para comprar en la tienda por que es muy curioso ver como seria una descarga de contenido adicional... este juego sin duda a mi y unos cuantos amigos nos a gustado mucho pero lo que no me gusta es que el personaje tiene poderes que dices y te sientes como un dios pero en el mapa creo que le falto mas algo de accesibilidad a zonas como para generar mas tácticas y aparte el modo mas difícil no es tan difícil de resto sin mas nada que decir que buen juego!! Expand
  89. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a great game. The complaints for the game are ill-fitting. One of the game's so called "flaws" is that it is short. We all it is but it is meant to be replayed over and over again. I never encountered any particular glitches while playing. Overall, one of my favorite games.
  90. Feb 9, 2014
    Great game! FPS with freedom of approach. Got some Half Life 2 vibes when playing this and it´s a good thing. Voice acting and art design are top-notch.
  91. Oct 16, 2012
    An amazing open-ended adventure that has renewed my hope in action/adventure games, RPG's, and gaming in general. If you cant enjoy this game, I pity you, for you cant enjoy life.
  92. Aug 12, 2013
    This game takes stealth-action games to a whole new level. It's one of the best games i have ever played. It offers tone and tone of choice and, replay ability. It's story is interesting, its setting is something i have never seen in a video game. And it is a beautiful game. Recommended for everyone.
  93. Jan 3, 2015
    Story:
    Dunwall has a great atmosphere and the world of Dishonored has great potential. It's sad that this game doesn't explain it's background. Moreover, the story is pretty common and Corvo doesn't say a single word, which takes away his sympathy.
    5/10 Gameplay: The gameplay is just great. You have many options, there is a moral system (a pretty easy one, though) and you can unlock
    Story:

Gameplay:
    The gameplay is just great. You have many options, there is a moral system (a pretty easy one, though) and you can unlock super powers to get better in the way you want to play. You have so much freedom in this game!

Technical:
    Dishonored looks dark and dirty which causes a good atmosphere, but the textures, the character's faces etc. are pretty poor designed.
    6,5/10

Overall:
    Dishonored has some problems. however, it is a great experience to play it.
    8,5/10
  94. Oct 15, 2012
    0.5? Seriously guys? I wonder which ill-fated cause made you so angry that you had to destroy the user score average of the PS3 version. The game is good, maybe not perfect, but doesn't deserve all this hate.
  95. Oct 14, 2012
    It's best to ignore the unreviewed, amount of negative votes (it seems someone has a serious grudge against the PS3 version), and instead look at the reviews from other versions of Dishonoured. In doing that, just simply go buy this game, it's a delight to play, and new, innovative IP's like this, need to be supported if we want to move away from the age of, CoD and sequels after sequels.
  96. Oct 9, 2012
    This is one of the better games that I've bought in the last few years. It exceeds guild wars 2, battlefield 3, and many others in terms of how much I've enjoyed it. The gameplay is smooth as silk, and you get very immersed when you are stalking your prey. Huge fights give an adrenaline rush from all of the unpredictable chaos that happens which is a big bonus. I'd give it a 10, but theThis is one of the better games that I've bought in the last few years. It exceeds guild wars 2, battlefield 3, and many others in terms of how much I've enjoyed it. The gameplay is smooth as silk, and you get very immersed when you are stalking your prey. Huge fights give an adrenaline rush from all of the unpredictable chaos that happens which is a big bonus. I'd give it a 10, but the game is a little more cartoony than I would have expected, and the blood effects leave just a tiny bit to be desired in your killing sprees Expand
  97. Oct 31, 2012
    Loved the game, kept me involved for many days, great game play and story. If you enjoy being a part of the game and making important descions you will like the game.
  98. Dec 11, 2012
    I'm gonna say this...it's a love it or hate it game. Personally I loved it but I also didn't over hype it. In fact, I ended up loving it so much that this is the first game on the PS3 that I actually played through twice. I wanted to see the dark ending and the light ending and I also wanted to prove to myself that I could make it through without killing anyone! If you like stealth itsI'm gonna say this...it's a love it or hate it game. Personally I loved it but I also didn't over hype it. In fact, I ended up loving it so much that this is the first game on the PS3 that I actually played through twice. I wanted to see the dark ending and the light ending and I also wanted to prove to myself that I could make it through without killing anyone! If you like stealth its great! I also loved how you can change the future of the game...example, kill lots of people, more weepers later in the game. Kill nobody, barely any weepers and the later game becomes a whole different story. Expand
  99. Jan 13, 2013
    You can and have to play it and then replay it and then replay it .... until you are sick of it. Amazing game. This is a classic example of a developer who does right by the gamers. Dishonored is primarily a stealth based experience but it does promote experimentation. The number of possibilities to approach a specific situation in the game is just remarkable. The developers have seriouslyYou can and have to play it and then replay it and then replay it .... until you are sick of it. Amazing game. This is a classic example of a developer who does right by the gamers. Dishonored is primarily a stealth based experience but it does promote experimentation. The number of possibilities to approach a specific situation in the game is just remarkable. The developers have seriously put some thought into this. It is one of those gems for which I'd say I hope they do not make a sequel. Expand
  100. Jan 25, 2013
    The game is great with all those powers that Corvo used but the graphic were bad . The story it was good but were there was something that is missing that is not making to love the game.
  101. Oct 14, 2012
    In the end: Dishonored is a MUST PLAY! Like most of games, Dishonored isn't
    So, that's it: 10/10 to Dishonored.

1. Nov 27, 2012
    Well, Arkane, you did what so few games have done this generation: you got me to want to come back to play Dishonored annually. Very, very few games have that honor, but I just can't imagine ever getting tried of Dunwall. What a wonderful game.
  2. You can combine Corvos weapons and superpowers in an almost infinite of ways, which can result in some pretty satisfying outcomes. Throw a proximity mine, called a spring razor, on a rat. Then take possession of the rat and walk up to the nearest guard. Then watch the limbs fly. [November 2012, p.66]
  3. Oct 31, 2012
    It is a major accomplishment and for all its ambition it succeeds where it counts, by transporting you to a world and empowering you to do with it you wish, creating unscripted and unexpected moments that feel unique to you. It is at these times that it becomes more than just an enjoyable stealth action game, but something truly special.