5.2

1. Nov 27, 2014
    The combat makes it a seven.

Few games have such stylish and complex combat.

It's fun to play but the puzzle are too easy, the story leaves much to be desired and the monster designs are bland.
  2. Oct 24, 2014
    GREAT GAME, if it released as a new video game series and not use any Devil May Cry related.

I love the gameplay, fun and easy. The story isn't so bad, just forget about the related with any original DMC (name etc.). But I hate the character design. I love original Dante for his manhood, cherful, funny, stylish and his style. And Dante for this game is so bad, it like depressed guy

But I hate the character design. I love original Dante for his manhood, cherful, funny, stylish and his style. And Dante for this game is so bad, it like depressed guy and need a big help to settle his identity. His attitude doesn't attract me at all.

Second is, I don't like the color palete when entering limbo, make my eyes sick after play in 1 hour.

I think buy DMC 4 on PS3 is more worthed than buy this DMC. I just rent it and not feel that I should have this game on my home.

I still think it would be great game, if, stand with his own world and not use any related thing to original DMC.
  3. Oct 17, 2014
    DmC: Devil May Cry

Game-play:The game play of this game is very good with fast combos and lot of weapons with the new weapon select system that is great and fast but the game is easy very easy even in the hardest difficulty level and the boss fight are not that good as it was on the original Devil May Cry. Story:The story is fun and interesting the only thing that ruins the story of
    DmC: Devil May Cry

Story:The story is fun and interesting the only thing that ruins the story of this game is the character development that sucks the Dante have nothing in common with the classic Dante the only female in the game Kat is uninteresting and the Virgil one of my favourite characters in the original sucks as well.But the reboot in decent it gives us some completely different story from the original and that is partly good,it will keep you about 7 to 8 hours.

Graphics:I do not thing that the graphics in this game are so special.

Notes:I hate Dante's new look and the biggest mistake that i think this game done is the completely change look of the ebony and ivory the two bad ass pistols.you should buy this game if you are a hack n slash fun especially when it get a price drop.
  4. Oct 2, 2014
    The gameplay itself and some of the design is pretty good, however the storytelling is extremely cheesy and I personally couldn't get immersed in the story at all. Character development feels rushed and the "plot twist" is barely a twist.
  5. Aug 22, 2014
    Okay, so I'm usually against giving 0 scores, very few games deserve it, but this is one of the few. Now, I'm not basing this on the games thematic content, at least, not entirely. There's plenty of games whose content, characters and/or settings I find objectionable, but who's game play makes up for it; examples being Bayonetta and Jet Set Radio: the oversexualization of BayonettaOkay, so I'm usually against giving 0 scores, very few games deserve it, but this is one of the few. Now, I'm not basing this on the games thematic content, at least, not entirely. There's plenty of games whose content, characters and/or settings I find objectionable, but who's game play makes up for it; examples being Bayonetta and Jet Set Radio: the oversexualization of Bayonetta seemed like it was pandering to under sexed nerds and Jet Set Radio revolved around a bunch of taggers and graffiti "artist", that being a medium I despise and seems to only attract the scummiest people; but both those games exhibited amazing and addictive gameplay...so I really can't say no to them. DmC, however, does not have good gameplay.

I was even kind of excited about this game when I first heard Ninja Theory was doing it; of course I didn't like the douchey/eurotrashy look of Ninja Theories Dante, and I certainly didn't like the Combichrist on the soundtrack (you know, that band that people working at the Hot Topic think is industrial) but I had played Heavenly Sword, and the first half of Odyssey To The West and my general view was that both these games ran out of budget, and could have been great, given they had the time and money to finish them; so naturally, I thought "oh, but now they're getting a Capcom budget, so they'll have the time and the money". Sadly, as events unfolded, and the director got the spot light on him and more was revealed about his "philsophy" of game-making it became apparent that the flaws in these games were not due to circumstance, but were, in fact deliberate. They're one of those studios that buy into that accesible/cinematic/character driven form of game making, which I think is completely asinine, because, you know, just make a **** move if you want to do that **** So the combos aren't shallow in their games because they didn't have time to make a better fighting system, the platforming isn't easy and obvious because they didn't have the budget to develop it more, and the level design is bland because "they don't want to detract from their characters personality by making the world the focal point". And they brought that exact philosophy to DmC. It's easy, it's boring and it's simple, exactly like all Ninja Theory's games, and now they don't have that budge/time excuse to fall back on. Sure it looks nice, graphically (not so much design wise), but what's that thing people say about form without substance?

The most horrific thing about this though is that this the polar opposite of what Devil May Cry was, and what fans really wanted; just how different is almost unfathomable. All the styles, and the moves and the huge arsenal, they're all non-existent, or reduced to a fraction, in this game; and why not? This games so god damn easy that you'd never need to use any of that, which is also a serious departure from Devil May Cry. Also, the frame rate has been halved from the last game, and it's a different engine (unreal), which means you can expect textures popping in and out all over the place.

And, of course, I do have to talk about the characterizations and story a little bit; it's just so stupid and juvenile. Dante has no flair, or style and is completely unlikable as a character; he looks like one of those white kids you see begging for change in Berkeley California, you know, the ones that are just rebelling against their rich parents. And, actually, everyone in this game is pretty unlikable; it's like they took all the characters from the original series and intentionally made them their polar opposites.

And that's probably kind of what they did. The director had no problem telling people he didn't like the Devil May Cry series for its gameplay or it's content, so he had no problem bastardizing it and inserting what he thinks is "cool", because, you know, he knows best, obviously; and what's cool is, apparently, juvenile and asinine behavior from man-babies. It's actually kind of funny, if you look at a picture of this guy you'll see how big his ego is; his Dante is, essentially, an exaggerated version of himself, from the clothes to the haircut.

I just can't understand Capcoms decision to hand this franchise over to such a young company that had no love for the series. There's an episode of South Park about the fourth Indiana Jones movie, you know, the one we pretend never happened. In the episode Stan, I think, has a nightmare where Lucas and Spielberg corner Indiana Jones and, literally, rape him...and that's what this game is: it's a eurotrash director who listens to bad contemporary industrial music and has a stupid haircut taking Dante, bending him over and raping him; raping him til' he's angst-ridden and obnoxious.
  6. Jul 15, 2014
    Few games manage to make difficulty a genuine selling point, but the Devil May Cry games are an example of just that done well. DmC is not just a difficult combat driven game though; by re-envisioning the game series from a more western perspective, the game has been more grounded in western culture and as such this iteration has a far more engaging story compared to previous games in theFew games manage to make difficulty a genuine selling point, but the Devil May Cry games are an example of just that done well. DmC is not just a difficult combat driven game though; by re-envisioning the game series from a more western perspective, the game has been more grounded in western culture and as such this iteration has a far more engaging story compared to previous games in the series,

Gameplay wise, this is as you'd expect. There's a multitude of weapons, various different styles of combat and movement, and all of this is mapped to the controller in such a way that you'll need the use of every button. It's masterfully crafted, and while some changes are made, such as the guns being far less powerful in this incarnation of the series, it's all still very skill focused. There are less moves in this game compared to Devil May Cry 4, but what is here is plentiful and true mastery of these combat mechanics would take years. Any DMC fan wanting the challenge of previous games will not be disappointed, particularly with the additional difficulties unlocked after the first playthrough. Level design is very well set up, with storyline reasons behind the otherworldliness of the levels. Platforming sections break up the action well and fit nicely with the controls. Lastly there's the boss battles all of which fit the theme, require specific tactics and mastery of the controls; actually change their patters and tactics on different difficulty levels; and are genuinely inventive in design.

Storyline wise, whilst nothing groundbreaking in fiction, the story is a good example of an anti-corporate story in which a disenfranchised anarchic man-child learns to put his abilities to use to take down the corrupt corporate world powers who are, in this case literally, demonic evil. It's very reminiscent of They Live and has elements of George Orwell's 1984. Derivative sure, but well written, well paced, and an interesting attempt to tell an engaging story with a franchise that had previously never attempted to be more than a cheesy over-the-top animé.

All in all this is one of the best action games made in years and barring a few textures issues, slight screen tearing during cutscenes oddly though thankfully not during gameplay; this game has no real notable flaws. It's sad really that this site will be filled with pathetic squawking fanboys rating it unreasonably low because the developers changed Dante's hair colour (something they actually did for a story purpose that as a fan of the series I quite appreciated actually). If you see this game get it, the easy difficulty is accessible but still challenging for new players, while the extended difficulty modes will keep veteran fans going for years; couple that with a decent and well told story and you can't go wrong. An easy recommendation.
  7. Jun 30, 2014
    Finished the game & the Vergil's Downfall DLC. I must say, i'm impressed. Haven't play any of the DmC game before, so this is my first experience with the series. This game is awesome. Story of Dante & Vergil, the son of Eve & Sparda, Angel & Demon. Makes them a being called Nephilim. The only race that could defeat the demon king, Mundus. The story is quite simple though, just Dante,Finished the game & the Vergil's Downfall DLC. I must say, i'm impressed. Haven't play any of the DmC game before, so this is my first experience with the series. This game is awesome. Story of Dante & Vergil, the son of Eve & Sparda, Angel & Demon. Makes them a being called Nephilim. The only race that could defeat the demon king, Mundus. The story is quite simple though, just Dante, seeking revenge for killing his mother, while Vergil is trying to find "Freedom".

Plus point:
    - The new Dante is super badass! Like the coolest action hero for 2013. He is totally a memorable character.
    - A great battle system. Combo, combo, & combo. You can make your own combination and make an endless combo.
    - Well weapon style that can be upgraded, brings the battle to a whole new level. Maxed out all of your weapon level and you will have a superb Dante.

Minus point:
    - While the story is okay, the DLC's story was just crap. I mean it's cool that we get to play as Vergil, but the story itself is a total crap.
    - I don't usually play this kind of game. I started with the Demon Hunter difficulty, and it proves to be real hard for me. I guess the game itself is hard enough.

I enjoyed the game, although i'm not a fan of that genre. 8/10 for a great game.
  8. Jun 10, 2014
    This game is awful. This is extremely boring. All the chapters looks like the same.
    If you like to beat the same monster and demons, the same scenarios, etc, you should buy it!
  9. Jun 5, 2014
    This game is criticized heavily by the haters mostly due to the fact they are too in love with the previous Dante to appreciate a new one, which I'd be all too sympathetic with if not for how much a tool he was in Devil May Cry 4. If anything a reboot saved the original Dante from any further degradation. While DMC may never take the place of devil May Cry 3 in my heart, it has a lot toThis game is criticized heavily by the haters mostly due to the fact they are too in love with the previous Dante to appreciate a new one, which I'd be all too sympathetic with if not for how much a tool he was in Devil May Cry 4. If anything a reboot saved the original Dante from any further degradation. While DMC may never take the place of devil May Cry 3 in my heart, it has a lot to offer that people going into it wanting the game wanting to hate it will unfortunately miss. The combat was very fluid, and chaining hits together was easier and significantly more satisfying than in previous titles, admittedly the game had no manual lock on, but that was never as much of a problem as some people would make it out to be, enemies didn't suddenly disappear off-screen leaving you at the mercy of your blindside as the camera was responsive and seemed to know exactly what you wanted to focus on. I found new Dante had more depth as a character and developed a lot more over the course of the game than previous Dante who seemed to subscribe to a single personality trait (cockiness) through most of Devil May Cry 3, only showing an ounce of humanity near the end while it counted and through ALL of Devil May Cry 4 where he was a complete tool. The levels were well designed, and often tried to mix it up with a bit of platforming, which was cool. Devil trigger was awesome, a huge improvement, though I think the way new Dante obtained it was quite lack luster compared to original Dante. My only real issue with the game was the story, it felt very disconnected? Like there was the main objective of the game, which is obvious from the start, but to reach it you had to go through a lot of random and unconnected events, on top of that, while bosses that were in it were good, there seemed to be fewer than in the previous Devil May Cry's and I don't think they are as memorable as them in all honesty. The weapons were boss, you could attain some insane combos swapping between them, and I don't think there was a single one I didn't get on with, though I did favour the Aquilus, I won't lie.
    That's pretty much it to be honest, it's unfortunate this game got so much stick and while it has it's bad points, it's got plenty more good points to make up for it. This game won't be for everyone, if you're one of those people who is practically in love with original Dante and are completely against the idea of him changing then steer clear of the game, you'll go into it with a bad mindset and look for reasons to hate it. If you're more open minded, and like me favour original Dante, but can accept the idea of a reboot after they practically butchered him in DMC4, give it a try, it'll be like a breathe of fresh air. Though be prepared for some cheesey puns, because they were CRINGE-FULLY cheesey.
  10. Jun 1, 2014
    Now, I don't say this often. But this is, simply put, the best game I ever played in my life.

I've played lots of games. Tons amongst tons, but nothing ever drew me in like DmC: Devil May Cry did. The soundtrack is outstanding. With dubstep pieces from Nero and nice Metal from Combichrist. Both of these artist combined to make a soundtrack that pumps the game to a whole new level. The gameplay is at the top. It's simply the epitome of "Perfection". With a slash here and a fist slam there, all moves flow together to create a symphony of SSSensational combos. The story is also well made. The demons run the world through the media. From bankers to news reporters, every character shines brightly, even though, they're quite dark themselves. Dante, being revamped and all, is wonderful. Being a potty-mouth suits his look and style. His one-liners are also very amusing as well. There's never a dull moment with him. Vergil and Kat are really great supporting characters too. Kat is a nice semi-love interest and Vergil is one of those guys who you know will show his true colors later on. All in all, the game is simply PERFECT and everything flows together in one stream of fluid, swift and sweet goodness of a third-person action adventure game. Pick this game up, you won't regret it.
  11. May 14, 2014
    Starts off fun but difficulty and awful platforming increases to the point of rage-quitting frustration (this is on easiest difficulty). The awful platforming might be tolerable if the checkpoints had any respect for the player's time. Attention game developers: when a player selects "easy" the game should be easy! Good for about 5 hours but I can't recommend it after that. The game doesStarts off fun but difficulty and awful platforming increases to the point of rage-quitting frustration (this is on easiest difficulty). The awful platforming might be tolerable if the checkpoints had any respect for the player's time. Attention game developers: when a player selects "easy" the game should be easy! Good for about 5 hours but I can't recommend it after that. The game does have great art and style, however. Expand
  12. May 13, 2014
    Story: Ninja Theory actually put more effort on its story than any of its predecessors did. You play as Dante who has been brought to the Order (an anti-media cult) to help expose the demons that control the human population, while at the same time, poking fun at real life media (FOX news, sprite, a certain news reporter, etc.) in the process. If you've seen the cult film "They Live", thenStory: Ninja Theory actually put more effort on its story than any of its predecessors did. You play as Dante who has been brought to the Order (an anti-media cult) to help expose the demons that control the human population, while at the same time, poking fun at real life media (FOX news, sprite, a certain news reporter, etc.) in the process. If you've seen the cult film "They Live", then you know what the story is about. I found it unique how Ninja Theory made the demons able to control the humans with hidden cameras, poisoned sodas, corrupted news stations, and other unique ways. The characters however, are weak (especially when compared to the original 4 games).The new Dante's look is more of a punk teen rather than an emo, but his personality still sucks as he acts all selfish and tough around the rest of the cast. Plus, his one-liners suck compared to the original Dante (also hated how Ninja Theory basically insulted the original DMC series with that awful wig joke). Vergil is also weaker compared to his DMC3 counterpart not just in look, but in personality as he also acts selfish and does some controversial actions during the game (won't say as it'll spoil it). Kat (Dante's love interest) is also forgettable as she doesn't do much in the game. The rest of the characters like Mundus, his wife, and most of the bosses are also forgettable. The only interesting guy is Bob Barbas, but only because of how much of a hilarious jackass he is. The dialogue and voice acting aren't great either, and the ending was predictable (especially if you've played DMC3). Overall, this may be the best DMC plot, but that ain't saying much. 6/10

Gameplay:
    DMC is by far the EASIEST DMC game of the franchise, so if you're expecting a challenging hack-and-slash game, you'll be disappointed. There are 5 weapons in total: Your Rebellion sword, 2 angel weapons (fast, agile, and useful on crowds), and 2 demon weapons (slow, powerful, and deadly against single enemies), and swapping from normal, to angel, and to demon is as simple as holding a trigger. There are a few firearms (including Ebony and Ivory) in the game, and all of them are weaker than they've ever been. Luckily, there's a good amount of enemies to keep the gameplay entertaining. One big change to the gameplay is the style system. It's true you could "button-mash" your way to an SSS rating, but you're better off mixing up your combos as using the same move lowers it's value more. I really liked the skill system in this game since you could invest in a new combo, and you could remove that point to relocate it to some other combo all for free. This game does get challenging once you get to "Son of Sparda" mode and other higher difficulties (there are some exploits that make the combat more easier). You also get to use angel whips (pull you towards targets), and demon pulls (pull targets towards you) to make for some well made platformer sequences, along with the return of "Devil Trigger" (special ability). After a few updates, Ninja Theory added "Bloody Palace" (type of survival) mode as free DLC, so you'll be busy for a while after completing the story mode. The gameplay is great, but not at the same level as DMC3 or 4. 8/10

Graphics:
    The game's graphics are above average. The models look decent, the textures look decent, the lighting is solid, and the environments look okay. 6/10

Sound:
    The game has a good score. There are some songs by Combichrist that are my personnel favorites, but there are some songs that didn't stick inside my head after I finished playing. The in-game battle sounds are really good though. 7/10

Multiplayer:
    Only leaderboards.

Verdict:
    This reboot isn't as bad as everyone's saying, but it isn't the best DMC out there (I still recommend you get the HD collection 1st before this one). At it's current price, you could pick it up, or rent it if you like. Despite my thoughts on this, I'm still down for an improved sequel in the future.

Rating: 7/10
  13. May 8, 2014
    This game is great only if your not an fan to the series.Fans is all that mean for a game to still exist...soo yeah...this game doesn't have a lot of good terms in it like : the story is very poor ,common but interesting ; the characters are the worst thing of the game + the dialogue and the graphics are poor .. nothing impressive
  14. UCA
    May 5, 2014
    It's a diffcult game. But I think this game is too simple because you really only can be two skills, dodge an attack and attack with your weapon or magic.
  15. May 4, 2014
    An absolutely fantastic and true addition to the DMC universe. Being a dedicated fan od the original series that has played through all versions multiple times (especially 4), I can honestly say that this game fits in almost perfectly, and I dont say this in a negative way. Everything from the combat, environments, soundtracks and storytelling fell DMC, but they refreshingly are not justAn absolutely fantastic and true addition to the DMC universe. Being a dedicated fan od the original series that has played through all versions multiple times (especially 4), I can honestly say that this game fits in almost perfectly, and I dont say this in a negative way. Everything from the combat, environments, soundtracks and storytelling fell DMC, but they refreshingly are not just more of the same. The combat fundamentals I suppose are easier to master, however the endless possibilities for strategies and of course combos are what sets this version apart. Being able to switch weapons instantly mid combo is such a leap above having to pause the game there isnt much argument here. The wide open level design with floaty platforms are such a pleasure to float through with the angel lift, and the atmospheric soundtracks really add to the sense of flying. The story pays so much to the original lore a true fan cannot helped to be moved by it. I m quite upset that I, like many others, passed this title up originally just on the character redesign (which actually plays so nicely into this prequel). I can only imagine how incredible a sequel would be from NT, heres hoping capcom gives them the opportunity. Expand
  16. Apr 30, 2014
    I myself like the game entirely. Graphic wise it was a piece of art. The game style and the play remind me a bit of infamous so I could jump in right away. Also its a new story so any one could jump in and understand a bit what is going on.
    Overall I give this game a ten since even after you play it over and over its still pretty good and the hardest difficulty is really amazing, a good experience.
  17. Apr 6, 2014
    I played because it in PS plus, and woah! I really like it. Full action packed game, challenging combats that makes you think how to beat enemies that have weak and strong points. I also found characters more charismatic than in the former games.
  18. Apr 4, 2014
    This is a low 8/10. I didn't complete nearly half the content the game has to offer. For the simple reason that this type of game really doesn't appeal to me. Now why would I give a game that doesn't appeal to me an 8/10? Well first off this is my first entry into the devil may cry franchise. And for what it is, they did a really good job with this origin story (as far as origin storiesThis is a low 8/10. I didn't complete nearly half the content the game has to offer. For the simple reason that this type of game really doesn't appeal to me. Now why would I give a game that doesn't appeal to me an 8/10? Well first off this is my first entry into the devil may cry franchise. And for what it is, they did a really good job with this origin story (as far as origin stories go). I couldn't get into doing the secret areas. I couldn't really get into the environments. I didn't really like alot of the characters. The game is hampered by it's low resolution of 720p...which is a real pity.

Why the 8? The game is absolutely beautiful...even with it's 720p handicap. The enemies the weapons....Dante's movements....the physics...everything is top knotch. The acting is even pretty good (alot better than resident evil). Like I said I didn't feel the need to learn all the combo's or complete the higher difficulties or do the secret areas. It just didn't appeal to me. I played to advance the story while marveling at how cool the fighting in the game was. That said, you can pull off some really brutally satisfying combo's in this game. Combat is fun in this game, period. There are a ton of weapons and it's satisfying to vary your attacks. Also the slow motion final blow to the enemies in the area is just awesome every time. It's fun.

My major gripes with the game were that I felt (when not in combat) like I was on rails most of the time. I didn't feel any connection or understanding toward the environment I was fighting in. So it was hard to feel anything toward the universe past the individual characters in the story. The boss battles were all very satisfying. The music was superb.
    1 problem was the ranged weapons, mainly ebony and ivory the iconic dual pistols of dante. They are terrible WEAK in this game. Their special powers ad combo's do next to no damage they are there to look badass and increase style points (the point system). I get what they were trying to do though. Being able to kill everyone with your pistols would detract from the game. SO their only real use is to look badass and to keep the style meter going (which is important).
    I really really enjoyed the final boss fight in this game. It was just so well done and so satisfying to play. It really made me want to go out and buy the sequel on the offchance I might get to experience another boss battle like that. The game didn't appeal to me, but I can appreciate a good game when I see one. 8/10.
  19. Apr 3, 2014
    Utter garbage, it destroyed every single thing build by the previous entries, the gameplay mechanics were casualised for non-skilled gamers, the music when from original rock-classic-techno to dubstep in seek of skrillex audience, the game has tons of flaws, like bugs, insta-ranking up, color coded enemies, zero difficulty, piss easy and unimpressive boss fights. The last fight was a plotUtter garbage, it destroyed every single thing build by the previous entries, the gameplay mechanics were casualised for non-skilled gamers, the music when from original rock-classic-techno to dubstep in seek of skrillex audience, the game has tons of flaws, like bugs, insta-ranking up, color coded enemies, zero difficulty, piss easy and unimpressive boss fights. The last fight was a plot twist out of no where.
    The dialogs were written by a 12 year old, such an ignorant view of being cool.
    Capcom hit a new low with this game
  20. Apr 1, 2014
    I don't undestand all the bad/evil critics...**** awesome game..Varieted gameplay, lots of weapons and cool combos to use. Just don't get a 10 because I didn't liked the end.
  21. Mar 25, 2014
    great game. Combat system is very addictive but kind of repetive, storyline is not very satisfying ( not what i bought the game for though), soundtrack is amazing, and the weapon unlocks, and special moves are pretty cool too.
  22. Mar 23, 2014
    I had a lot more fun playing DMC than playing God of war Ascension ! Plateforming sections and control-issues aside, the game offer great movesets and weapons and really cool boss fights.
  23. Mar 20, 2014
    Wow, for anyone who hasnt played devilmaycry this is a must play game. The crying fans need to be quiet, if this hadn't been called devilmaycry, it would of score a 9 all over the board for amazing gameplay, graphics and story alone.
  24. Mar 16, 2014
    Not being a fan of the original games, and frankly, hardly giving them a chance is what may make me seem rather bias throughout this review. However, I still feel I am entitled to what I have to say, so here I go.

DMC is, at least in my eyes, a decent game. Is it great? No. Does it have innovative, revolutionary mechanics? Far from it. Is it fun? Definitely. DMC takes you through

DMC takes you through multiple environments, allowing you to hack, slash and bash your way through using a score based melee system. The game contains multiple collectibles and challenges, the former mostly in the form of keys, and the latter in the form of doors, opened using said keys. Each challenge is effectively a little combat or platforming section, in which you must navigate or battle your way through to an objective. Rather uninspired, but quite a lot of fun.

In terms of characters, they seem rather unlikable and not all that unique. Full of cliches and phrases which only seem to be achieved through Western developers, they offer very little to the plot, and only serve as stepping stones (and occasionally, obstacles) in what seems to be the games heart; combat. Don't be expecting A-grade writing on the story, either; just another cliche which feels rather tiresome and dull.

The killer feature of the game is it's combat system, which is fluent and almost perfect, making use of multiple weapons and equipment, with a set of upgrades purchasable from the store. The environments also feel unique; leaping through limbo in the style of a news broadcasting station or a dance club is rather entertaining.

Overall, the game is lacking quite a bit, but I still feel it isn't deserving of the drastically low scores people seem to be giving it. It's an okay game; not terrible, not great. I can see how it may be insulting to an original DMC fan, but the best cure for that is to not think of it as DMC at all, but a spinoff, an extra, a little sideshow.
  25. Mar 6, 2014
    O.K for the sake of being honest I have played very little of the other DMC games mainly watching my brother playing it. So as a newcomer I liked this game I found the others to hard and would generally would not play this kind of game, it was the main guy Dante who pulled me in and there lies the controversy of this game.

Die hards of the game will hate the new look and new attitude of

Die hards of the game will hate the new look and new attitude of Dante but as a newcomer it does not bother me to much. The game is a lot easier than previous entries in the series but if you still want the challenge there are plenty of difficulty's to choose from including the Dante must die mode and heaven and hell or if you are really hardcore hell and hell.

But this is a GOOD game and if you have not played a DMC game before and if you are not a fan of fighting games (normally I hate them) I would still recommend it.

The Good- Excellent level design the world feels like it wants and actively tries to kill you
    The Bad- Negative scores given by fanboys unfairly scoring this game 0's 1's 2's
    The Ugly- Oh Ninja Theory why would you do that with the wig hair joke you really thought that was a good idea?

Final Verdict: 8/10 A Dam Good Game
    Have a look at it even if you generally don't play fighter games like me.
  26. Mar 6, 2014
    I have never play a Devil May Cry game before, so for me is the first one, and is an excellent game, fast pace, good combos, great graphics and visual effects, good story, remind me a lot Bayonetta, is a game for a certain type of player, if you like hack and smash you will love DMC, and please don't give bad notes just because dante don't looks like you want
  27. Mar 2, 2014
    I loved the old games, and this one certainly did not disappoint me. A reboot is not supposed be about making the exact same thing over again, like Halo 1. Let the masterpiece be before you mess with what is perfect. If you don't like it just don't play. They did a great job with a new story and some very well developed characters. The game is still wide open to take alot of the same roadsI loved the old games, and this one certainly did not disappoint me. A reboot is not supposed be about making the exact same thing over again, like Halo 1. Let the masterpiece be before you mess with what is perfect. If you don't like it just don't play. They did a great job with a new story and some very well developed characters. The game is still wide open to take alot of the same roads as the last one. I am looking forward to the sequel and stealing the hair cut! Expand
  28. Feb 9, 2014
    this game deserves atleast 8. 4.9? WTF. i understand that fanboys dont like the new Dante, but for someone like me who never played and doesnt care about DMC franchise, and looks at DMC:Devil May Cry not like a sequel to favorite series, but as a stand alone game: this game is pretty damn sweet. i guess i enjoyed it more than Darksiders. RECOMENDED
  29. Feb 8, 2014
    This game is fun as hell. Sure it's not the same as the first 3, (I played those as well) but it's still a great game. The voice acting for Dante is kinda meh at points but the game was still really fun. **** the negative reviews.
  30. Feb 6, 2014
    DMC is a total reboot of Devil May Cry franchise, done by a new team. I played the other games in the franchise, and though I enjoyed them all, none of them truly wowed me. Honestly, neither did this--but I probably liked it more than any of the others.

Story Prior DMC games have plots that are usually only about half-way coherent. DMC is a step up in the this regard, creating a story

Story
    Prior DMC games have plots that are usually only about half-way coherent. DMC is a step up in the this regard, creating a story that is mostly coherent, if not stunning. Dante and his brother Vergil are terrorists working to bring a Demon King that is secretly controlling the world. This is somewhat underutilized, since Dante only fights demons during gameplay, facing human opponents only briefly in cutscenes. Nevertheless, I was okay with it. The world is also reimagined, focusing on the realm of Limbo, where demons drag Dante to try and kill him. Overall, the most fleshed out of any DMC world building to date.

Graphics
    The game's graphics are solid, but nothing special. Just about average for a PS3 game.

Gameplay
    It's fast, continuous action. The sheer diversity of weapons and actions sometimes almost seem too much to me. You can string just about anything into a combo, which actually kind of made me feel there was less depth than there could have been. Still, when it works, it can be fun to swing from one enemy to the next, assaulting them with a barrage of nonsensical demon and angel weapons. As usual, the moves are totally over-the-top.

Overall
    It was a fairly fun way to pass the time, but it never elevated itself to memorable levels. 7/10.

1. Jul 30, 2013
    If nothing else, DmC is sure to entertain with many hours of button hammering, fizzing combat. However, the experience as whole has hugely benefitted from a reboot and those who are familiar with the series will appreciate the new features and relish the opportunity relive Dante’s origin story. DmC, as a combat driven action title has held together the soul of the franchise, while enhancing all in-game features to create a unique experience for everyone.
  2. Ninja Theory deserves credit for not only delivering smooth combat and telling an entertaining story, but also for crafting detailed character models without lip-synch errors, who show real emotion and wear clothing that moves along with them. This is what a 2013-game should look like. [February 2013, p.72]
  3. Mar 12, 2013
    Ninja Theory are calling the DMC shots now and they're doing it well. The fighting mechanics are a little bit easier to master and perhaps not as deep as before, but on the other hand the storytelling is improved with skillfully crafted cutscenes. Put up with a rather dull introduction and you're in for a great game.