5.8

1. Jan 2, 2013
    I'm a fan of Quake, DOOM, id Software and FPS Arena games. The game is very good. Why this score? Because Bethesda took it and dumbed it down. They re-proposed the same game which was released in 2004 and raised its price. Stop. They promised to make it HD, but there's not any big graphics change. This game isn't worth its price. It's just Doom 3. Even if they made graphics very much better, why raising the price so much? And remember that in the original Doom 3, there are many mods that make it even look better than Doom 3 BFG Edition! It's just the same game, with an expansion! Same thing with Quake Live. It's free, but it's full of publicity of Bethesda games, and it's not open anymore. Damn. As innovation, I'd rate this game a 0/10. As a flop, I'd rate it a 10/10. BUY THE ORIGINAL DOOM 1/2/3! Expand
  2. Mar 20, 2013
    OK, I've been wanting to play the doom series for a while now and I have got to say, Doom 3 BFG Edition really disappointed me. I went in thinking I would give this game an 8 or a 9, but no. Doom 1 was overrated and boring, Doom 2 was the best of them all and alone I would of given it an 8 but Doom 3 was crap. The guns were OK but everything else was so bad compared to it!

1. Jan 7, 2013
    Had care and attention been given to those (not to mention some reworked visuals), it would've made for a far more compelling package instead of two classics saddled with three duds.
  2. One thing that won't drive you crazy any more is your flash light. In the original Doom 3 you had to choose. Do you want to shoot your gun? Or do you want to see where you are shooting. Sure, it added to the suspense, but in terms of gameplay it wasn't very practical. [December 2012, p.85]
  3. Nov 30, 2012
    It's a shame that the main attraction - Doom 3 in HD with its add-ons - is (still) such a let-down. [Issue#225, p.79]