8.3

1. Aug 6, 2013
    Greatest "golden axe" ever seen.
    Plus
    Customization, animation and style.
    Minus
    Very low amount of levels and after 2 time it dont look like diablo.

Playing with friends is fantastic
  2. Nov 13, 2013
    The game is good, not great (as a linear button masher, just like the classics from yore). It's a beautiful game, also, with a gorgeous medieval setting; the characters are varied, there are tons of loot and cool stuff to do (both off and online). But there's a tricky thing going on here hence my not so great grade. Dragons Crown is extremely repetitive. And the worst part is that theThe game is good, not great (as a linear button masher, just like the classics from yore). It's a beautiful game, also, with a gorgeous medieval setting; the characters are varied, there are tons of loot and cool stuff to do (both off and online). But there's a tricky thing going on here hence my not so great grade. Dragons Crown is extremely repetitive. And the worst part is that the game forces you to keep doing the same dungeons over and over again just for the sake of leveling up and fighting harder versions of you guess the SAME dungeons. IMO this is something cheap and lazy. My actual grade here would be 6,5 (mostly because of artistic values); other then that, extremely repetitive and, eventually, boring and not compelling. Nice game, for sure, but can be missed. Expand
  3. Aug 10, 2013
    It's fun for a couple hours, but by then the game gets really repetitive and easy. I stuck through to 20 hours in the game for my friend's sake, but by then I just couldn't bare it anymore. My main problem would have to be the side-quests. You unlock them after you beat a level, and then they require you to go back into that same level to do one little thing. Sadly you are pretty muchIt's fun for a couple hours, but by then the game gets really repetitive and easy. I stuck through to 20 hours in the game for my friend's sake, but by then I just couldn't bare it anymore. My main problem would have to be the side-quests. You unlock them after you beat a level, and then they require you to go back into that same level to do one little thing. Sadly you are pretty much required to do these side-quests because they grant skill points, instead of just money or exp. It gets really boring really fast, especially since you're spending most of your time watching your thief friend open chests than you are actually fighting.

In the end, I say it's worth a rent or borrow from a friend to see if you like it.
  4. ERB
    Aug 6, 2013
    Game is yeah practically good.Game play is good and even story is not bad.My only problem is the characters I think these characters are lame.I don't like any single character in there.But still I will give it a 6/10 because story is good and even the game play.
  5. Jun 15, 2014
    If this were a strictly side-scrolling beat em up like I initially thought it was going to be, I would rank this game higher, but having to traverse through the menus changing your equipment and sit through all the storyboard cut scenes takes alot of the fun away.
  6. Mar 2, 2014
    Dragon's Crown is a Golden Axe remake. It is beautiful 2D graphics will make anyone fall in love with it (unless they are are gender right activists). Its aret is so good that it is possible to spend some time just enjoying the views instead of playing.
    However the gameplay falls flat on its face. Its is riddle with old problems of side scrollers like trying to hit a monster and hitting emptiness because the game thinks that you are too high or low comparing to monster on the screen. Its especially frustrating trying to hit a boss monster that is taking up most of the screen and still miss ... That is a biggest thing for me as fun killer however there are other additional problems like lack of variety in character customization and attack variety (although for a 2D game its up to par) some wonky dynamics like making player run around screen collecting spent arrows or spending time charging magic which only make this game more of a chore. Also there is a huge problem when playing in a party as allies easily make you loose track of your own character by blocking the view. Game repeatedly forces player into repeating the same 9 levels for quiet a while till finally unlocking a randomized dungeon for an unknown reason even thought randomized dungeon is where all the fun is at. It spices things up with enemy variations and is really well done too bad its unlocked so late.
    Overall the gameplay is very bland and I would have never played this game if I didnt love the art design. However even in the state it is in right now it is possible to spend a bit of time mindlessly blowing away some monsters in a beautiful 2D world.
  7. Dec 8, 2013
    I've only played local play with friends and this is a good game, but their is serious problems:

1. Menus! Omg. Nearly half of the game is going through menus. Appraise loot, repair items, get quests, get pray, give old man a gold coin, evaluate items after EVER LEVEL. And what is insanely worst, is that only one player can go through their menus at once. So you can't just go and accept a quest and leave, each player has to do the same thing to accept a quest.

2. Arbitrary fun reducing game mechanics that just slow the game down Why do Items have durability, all it does is make you have to go to the blacksmith every 5 minutes to click "Repair all", thats it. No benefit to the game. Why do I have to identify all the items I collect? Why does each player have to accept a quest, why can't just one player accept a quest? There is so many "features" that seem completely unfun and are just there to make it seem rpgy. So much time wasting.

3. Why do the levels repeat Why is this the one game company that can't make unique levels for every stage? Why do I have to play the same level 3 times, do finish the same quest? Again, they probably thought this was a clever "feature", but its not, its boring.

4. Abilities are lame Nearly all the game-play mechanics are available straight from the start, buying "spells" are more like buying scrolls (if your familiar with diablo spells), they have charges and don't change the core mechanics (besides a few).

5. Lots of little things that could of made it easier For example, at the end of each level, it displays the scores for each player, ONE AFTER ANOTHER. If they put all the scores on one screen, so much time would not be wasted. Usually this is not a big problem, but with a game that has already so much wasted game-play outside of combat, it just starts to get on your nerve.

Besides these problems, the actual game is pretty fun, but be warned, you will only get to play the fun bits 50% of the time, the other time will be spent doing repetitive "rpg" things described above.
  8. Aug 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While not exactly great or with huge replayabaility, the game does stand well and is not all fan-service game, it has of course, but, if you play it, you may like it.

Levels are repetitive and you need a lot of grinding to get to high levels, and the voice directing you can get on your nerves, the lack of levels and more enemy variety does hurt the game though. It certainly could use a lot more levels, even with branching. Levels are the same in any difficulty. And changing the difficulty only results in higher level cap and higher level enemies, which, also hurt the game even more. It's all the same. No replayability unless you enjoy killing the same enemies over and over again.
  9. Aug 10, 2013
    I have been looking for something new lately so for some time now i have been following this game and keeping an eye on it. First off, i bought the game (with out a doubt) and i am about 7 hrs into it and all i can say is heck yes! I was not sure at first if i would even like this game, at a 50$ price tag from first glance i did not understand all the hype which is what intrigued me aboutI have been looking for something new lately so for some time now i have been following this game and keeping an eye on it. First off, i bought the game (with out a doubt) and i am about 7 hrs into it and all i can say is heck yes! I was not sure at first if i would even like this game, at a 50$ price tag from first glance i did not understand all the hype which is what intrigued me about it in the first place though thanks to a lot of online previews from "gaming sites" and me doing my research i decided to throw caution to the wind and just go for it. The art is great and yes its obvious a call to old school times but what really shines to me was its in depth rpg elements twisted into its simplicity of this side scrolling beat 'em up. At first i was thinking that its nothing more then a 15$ arcade down load but now that i have taken the dive i feel that every penny was well worth it. Me my wife and daughter are in love with this game. Couch co-op, single player or online co-op ether way you spin it its a lot of fun and replay is not only high but also fun. Plus its something that feels fresh for everything else these days. Bottom line is that if you think you will like it then you will probably love it and if your still not sure then do like me and do some research....and then buy it. Collapse

1. Mar 11, 2014
    If you like breasts, Japanese rpg games and beat'em'ups, Dragon's Crown is for you. It's Diabloish hack'n'slash spiced with nice game mechanics and a nice multiplayer co-op. And did I mention it has breasts? Well, it has. In all shapes and sizes. [Dec 2013]
  2. Dec 13, 2013
    One of the best looking 2D titles of this year and a game that you can spend 50 or 100 hours with and still not have enough. And if you have three friends to enjoy the co-op mode with, Dragon’s Crown is amazing. [13/2013, p.64]
  3. Nov 8, 2013
    Dragon’s Crown is a fantastic addition to the RPG genre, bringing an original personality that’s hard to ignore. With an amazing amount of content, this is one game that’s worth the grinding it demands.