Dragon's Crown PlayStation 3

8.3

1. Nov 28, 2016
    This game is utter perfection. The art, the speed, the range of difficulty, the amount of gameplay.... this is not only one of the best co-op rpgs games to exist, but possibly one of the best co op or RPGS of the decade plain and simple.
  2. Nov 15, 2015
    This game does not want you to play with friends. You have to complete the first section of the game (fine, I need to get use to it) but then you can only play random levels you have already completed. Want to collect the 9 talismen with friends? tough, complete it first then come back to it. D&D Mystara is more fun, give that a go instead
  3. Mar 24, 2015
    It is very reminiscent of the old Dungeons and Dragons arcade games I used to play and enjoy when I was younger. The art-style is very detailed and eye-catching. If you like fantasy retro-style games then I would definitely recommend this.
  4. Dec 29, 2014
    Arcade style hack n' slash is brought back with a gorgeous art style and deep RPG elements. Collecting loot and slaying monsters in four player co-op is a blast and the game provides plenty of fun as a single-player experience as well. The wealth of content is sure to keep you coming back time and time again.

There are plenty of side-quests and some great post-game content. Some things

There are plenty of side-quests and some great post-game content. Some things can come off as a grind, but overall the excellent action kept me very engaged. Speaking of the action the gorgeous art style leads to every fight exploding with color. It's a sight to behold even if you can lose track of your character in all the madness. Also the overly-sexualized appearances of all the female characters is sure to offend some. However I don't see why that would detract from how fantastic the gameplay is.

It's an excellent combination of old-school gameplay with modern improvements. The co-op and the large amount of content is sure to keep you coming back. It's the type of game I would like to see more of in the future.
  5. Aug 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While not exactly great or with huge replayabaility, the game does stand well and is not all fan-service game, it has of course, but, if you play it, you may like it.

Levels are repetitive and you need a lot of grinding to get to high levels, and the voice directing you can get on your nerves, the lack of levels and more enemy variety does hurt the game though. It certainly could use a lot more levels, even with branching. Levels are the same in any difficulty. And changing the difficulty only results in higher level cap and higher level enemies, which, also hurt the game even more. It's all the same. No replayability unless you enjoy killing the same enemies over and over again.
  6. Jun 15, 2014
    If this were a strictly side-scrolling beat em up like I initially thought it was going to be, I would rank this game higher, but having to traverse through the menus changing your equipment and sit through all the storyboard cut scenes takes alot of the fun away.
  7. Mar 18, 2014
    A perfect game with something for everyone, fantastic visuals, smooth and exciting gameplay, entertaining characters and a charming fully voiced folk tale style story. Dragons crown is what every side scroller should aspire to be. Oh did I forget to mention the incredible boss battles. Not to mention the free bonus content like a 1000 floor labyrinth
  8. Mar 2, 2014
    Dragon's Crown is a Golden Axe remake. It is beautiful 2D graphics will make anyone fall in love with it (unless they are are gender right activists). Its aret is so good that it is possible to spend some time just enjoying the views instead of playing.
    However the gameplay falls flat on its face. Its is riddle with old problems of side scrollers like trying to hit a monster and hitting emptiness because the game thinks that you are too high or low comparing to monster on the screen. Its especially frustrating trying to hit a boss monster that is taking up most of the screen and still miss ... That is a biggest thing for me as fun killer however there are other additional problems like lack of variety in character customization and attack variety (although for a 2D game its up to par) some wonky dynamics like making player run around screen collecting spent arrows or spending time charging magic which only make this game more of a chore. Also there is a huge problem when playing in a party as allies easily make you loose track of your own character by blocking the view. Game repeatedly forces player into repeating the same 9 levels for quiet a while till finally unlocking a randomized dungeon for an unknown reason even thought randomized dungeon is where all the fun is at. It spices things up with enemy variations and is really well done too bad its unlocked so late.
    Overall the gameplay is very bland and I would have never played this game if I didnt love the art design. However even in the state it is in right now it is possible to spend a bit of time mindlessly blowing away some monsters in a beautiful 2D world.
  9. Feb 1, 2014
    this has become one of my favorite games on ps3, and man do i wish it was released on PC too!

the game is pretty repetitive overall, but it's got enough variance for me in terms of the actual combos and building of your character. and mainly, the random loot drops! ahhhh, this satisfies my loot fever nicely. really enjoyable overall imho. i can throw it on for a quick 10 minute run

really enjoyable overall imho. i can throw it on for a quick 10 minute run of a dungeon, or do them back to back for increased bonus' till all my gear is broken and i have to try again. they even patched a lot of great updates into the game for free recently. higher level cap, and 10,000 floor dungeon!

i ended up buying this on vita also. a couple times i've played it at a friends house online with my vita, and just looked at his TV set to control my character. kind of lame that you can't just both sign onto the ps3 somehow and use your own characters though. not a huge deal overall, can still play local co op but only with characters found on the logged in persons account.

definitely check this game out!
  10. Jan 6, 2014
    When I was a kid one of my favourite games on the old Sega Mega Drive was Golden Axe, the classic fantasy beat 'em up game. Dragon's Crown is like that game on absolute steroids, with the added brains of an RPG like the original fantasy star series. Thank Atlus for making this game! It was chicken soup for my Gen X soul. The exaggerated depiction of female characters is hilariously overWhen I was a kid one of my favourite games on the old Sega Mega Drive was Golden Axe, the classic fantasy beat 'em up game. Dragon's Crown is like that game on absolute steroids, with the added brains of an RPG like the original fantasy star series. Thank Atlus for making this game! It was chicken soup for my Gen X soul. The exaggerated depiction of female characters is hilariously over the top. Try and avoid playing it in front of prudish chicks that's for sure. Anyway I haven't loved a game this much in a long time. I hope they make sequels. Expand
  11. Jan 5, 2014
    A modern artistic take on the retro 2D side scroller.
    This beautifully crafted and intricately detailed game is a must have for any gamer, Offering Tons of ways to play, 6 classes and ample customization,Heaps of side quests, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
    A modern artistic take on the retro 2D side scroller.
    As well as being one of the best looking games I've played in a long time, Dragons crown is also one of the best sounding, with unique music for each area.

This is a game you have to get, you owe it to yourself as a gamer.
  12. Dec 26, 2013
    Dragon's Crown can be easily classified as the best beat 'em up of the current generation with a plus: it's a RPG with a story told in a classic way adapted to a game language.

The art of Vanillaware is amazing. The advantage of 2D is that it doesn't get old as the 3D does. So if you play this game years from now it will still look brilliant. I've read many comments and reviews saying that the art in this game is offensive and sexualized. Well, it highlights women's attribute. But it's the artist's style. Come on, guys. It's like saying that all the paintings on the museums containing nudity are offensive. They are simply art. I don't understand why the western culture is so paranoid about this.

There's a good amount of content to be unlocked and characters to play with. I've read some articles saying that the beat 'em up genre is doomed, but this game proves that it isn't. You can have a really good time playing solo or with your friends.

We must thank Atlus for helping this game to be launched. They're simply one of the best companies to release japanese games on the west. Oh, and if you're fan of Monty Python you must see the tribute that Dragon's Crown offers in a specific stage!
  13. Dec 8, 2013
    I've only played local play with friends and this is a good game, but their is serious problems:

1. Menus! Omg. Nearly half of the game is going through menus. Appraise loot, repair items, get quests, get pray, give old man a gold coin, evaluate items after EVER LEVEL. And what is insanely worst, is that only one player can go through their menus at once. So you can't just go and accept a quest and leave, each player has to do the same thing to accept a quest.

2. Arbitrary fun reducing game mechanics that just slow the game down Why do Items have durability, all it does is make you have to go to the blacksmith every 5 minutes to click "Repair all", thats it. No benefit to the game. Why do I have to identify all the items I collect? Why does each player have to accept a quest, why can't just one player accept a quest? There is so many "features" that seem completely unfun and are just there to make it seem rpgy. So much time wasting.

3. Why do the levels repeat Why is this the one game company that can't make unique levels for every stage? Why do I have to play the same level 3 times, do finish the same quest? Again, they probably thought this was a clever "feature", but its not, its boring.

4. Abilities are lame Nearly all the game-play mechanics are available straight from the start, buying "spells" are more like buying scrolls (if your familiar with diablo spells), they have charges and don't change the core mechanics (besides a few).

5. Lots of little things that could of made it easier For example, at the end of each level, it displays the scores for each player, ONE AFTER ANOTHER. If they put all the scores on one screen, so much time would not be wasted. Usually this is not a big problem, but with a game that has already so much wasted game-play outside of combat, it just starts to get on your nerve.

Besides these problems, the actual game is pretty fun, but be warned, you will only get to play the fun bits 50% of the time, the other time will be spent doing repetitive "rpg" things described above.
  14. Dec 7, 2013
    A travel back in time, but with more understanding of what is an effective game. It's surely not the king of the beat them all legacy, but it stands on the higher grounds! An absolutely gorgeous piece of art! Recommended for all ps3 owners!
  15. Nov 13, 2013
    The game is good, not great (as a linear button masher, just like the classics from yore). It's a beautiful game, also, with a gorgeous medieval setting; the characters are varied, there are tons of loot and cool stuff to do (both off and online). But there's a tricky thing going on here hence my not so great grade. Dragons Crown is extremely repetitive. And the worst part is that theThe game is good, not great (as a linear button masher, just like the classics from yore). It's a beautiful game, also, with a gorgeous medieval setting; the characters are varied, there are tons of loot and cool stuff to do (both off and online). But there's a tricky thing going on here hence my not so great grade. Dragons Crown is extremely repetitive. And the worst part is that the game forces you to keep doing the same dungeons over and over again just for the sake of leveling up and fighting harder versions of you guess the SAME dungeons. IMO this is something cheap and lazy. My actual grade here would be 6,5 (mostly because of artistic values); other then that, extremely repetitive and, eventually, boring and not compelling. Nice game, for sure, but can be missed. Expand
  16. Oct 30, 2013
    Take the Glory that was Golden Axe, pump it up to 11, give it lovely, painterly visuals, and customizable characters with tons of Diabloesque loot drops. You now have Dragon's Crown, and it is a wonder and a prodigy.

Fun, challenging gameplay combines with a fun storyline to make this a winner. It's easy to pick up and play for a few minutes or a few hours, and you'll feel rewarded each time. Smooth controls, tons of character options and upgrades, it's all here. I love this game.
  17. Oct 29, 2013
    Dragon's Crown is a 2D retro like brawler with outstanding visuals. The character classes feel different from one another with their amazing skill trees and the loot system leaves you wanting for more. The story is 'meh' but the gameplay and sheer fun of online play covers that up very well.
  18. Oct 19, 2013
    As you already know Dragons Crown is 2D side scrolling beat em up with a glorious art style. It also has some RPG elements such as leveling up, different character classes and spending loot to customize your character with equipment, magic and upgrade abilities. The hope is your getting a kind of 2D Dark Souls unfortunately Dragons Crown doesn't quite manage to deliver in terms ofAs you already know Dragons Crown is 2D side scrolling beat em up with a glorious art style. It also has some RPG elements such as leveling up, different character classes and spending loot to customize your character with equipment, magic and upgrade abilities. The hope is your getting a kind of 2D Dark Souls unfortunately Dragons Crown doesn't quite manage to deliver in terms of gameplay.

Things hold together quite well for the first few hours while it's still easy. The combat is simple but fun button mashing. The games sumptuous visuals and tidy presentation impress. The wealth of loot and items to spend it on show a good level of depth.

Then you find yourself having to repeat levels to complete side quests. Suddenly there's a lot more enemies on screen and they take a lot more hits to kill. With so much happening all at once you struggle to see your character. You keep getting hit, it feels unfair so you repeat levels again and again to level up and make your character stronger.

And this is the fatal flaw with Dragons Crown. There's no real skill or mastery to it. It's simply a case of repeating the same few stages over and over to level up so you can button mash enemies to death. If you've played Vanillaware's previous game Muramasa then you will find this game shares most of the same problems. If Vanillaware can figure out how to make there games as appealing to play as to look at then we will have a great game.
  19. Oct 12, 2013
    In short: This is a fantastic game that is different to most of the other games out there. If you ever played golden axe, streets of rage, double dragon or battle toads as a kid, you know what you're getting into. To bring these games up to date, the developers have added a large dose of RPG which adds meaning to one of the game's minor downfalls: repetition. What you get is a well madeIn short: This is a fantastic game that is different to most of the other games out there. If you ever played golden axe, streets of rage, double dragon or battle toads as a kid, you know what you're getting into. To bring these games up to date, the developers have added a large dose of RPG which adds meaning to one of the game's minor downfalls: repetition. What you get is a well made and beautifully drawn 2D action RPG.

The fighting is accessible but deepens with unlockable upgrades and moves and each of the characters is well balanced and has a role to play. Make sure your party is balanced too!

The co-op is great and works well (but why oh why does it take so long to get to it?) and easily elevates the game; everything's more fun with friends.

I've read many cries of sexism levelled at this game due to the revealing nature of some of the characters outfits. It isn't and I'll explain why. I'm going to start with a definition of sexism: Sexism is prejudice or discrimination based on a person's sex. Now In this game, not only do you have buxom maids with cleavages only just staying in their not-fit-for purpose dresses, you also have muscle bound heroes showing tight pectorals and defined six packs. BOTH sexes are sexualised.

Really it becomes a question of censorship. Are the characters too revealing? It's certainly not a game for the very young anyway.

Don't worry about the fact that this looks a bit like a title you would find on the PS network or Xbox live arcade. It's much more than that and this will become evident as you play it. I will say though it could do with some more environments. I can understand that they must have taken a long time to draw, but the game would be improved by adding more, perhaps via DLC?

Ultimately this is an excellent game on PS3 and Vita, with the main difference between the two being a larger viewing area on PS3 and less slowdown compared to a better control scheme on the Vita that uses the touch screen.

Which ever one you would prefer, If you consider yourself a gamer, you owe it to yourself to support unusual games like this one. Here's hoping for more diversity like this in the future.
  20. Oct 9, 2013
    Sure, the game's female characters get a lot of flak for their design, but a lot of games try to sell on sexual stuff, as the gaming community is still believed to be mostly male. Is this a good thing, no. But it's not a bad thing either. It is what it is. Some people will love and enjoy the character design (some a little more than they should) and others will hate it. Who cares? It's howSure, the game's female characters get a lot of flak for their design, but a lot of games try to sell on sexual stuff, as the gaming community is still believed to be mostly male. Is this a good thing, no. But it's not a bad thing either. It is what it is. Some people will love and enjoy the character design (some a little more than they should) and others will hate it. Who cares? It's how the people who made the game decided the characters would look. There are plenty of games with questionable art and character design. Hell, Record of Agarest War (Agarest: Generations of War for the UK) was sold on the promise of sex. The trailer for it literally cut out and just started playing bad porn music while showing in game CGI's of almost completely naked female characters in the game. Sexual selling points will probably always exist. There's not point in complaining the Sorceress's are big or the Amazon's thighs are huge (though the squareness of her but disturbs me a bit from time to time, but oh well, I still play the Amazon a lot). Besides, the character design makes them stand out a bit, even if it's using impossible muscles or large breasts.

Anyways, enough about the style and character design. On to the game play. The game play itself is a bit repetitive by the time you have your third or fourth character, but there is enough variety in the characters to warrant playing the game again, especially if you want to see what they can really do, in which case you'll continue them into higher difficulties. The enemies aren't too varied, but can still provide a wide array of challenges, especially when they power up in higher difficulties. It's a fun game, and it's simplicity adds to it's appeal. It doesn't require hours of grinding or comparing equipment for stats as if you were studying for a college exam. It's easy to pick up, easy to play, looks great, has an interesting, but somewhat simple story, has fairly diverse characters, and is a nice game to have in a PS Vita collection.

I would normally have given this an 8 out of 10, as it's good, but not great in my opinion, but I'm being generous in turn for all the people constantly nagging about the character design.

Also, before anyone says anything, yeah, sure, I do kind of like the Sorceress's breasts. I am a guy after all. But even if she looked more normal, along with all the other characters, I would still enjoy this game and would have bought it regardless.
  21. Sep 28, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece, no doubt. It is inspired by the classics of the past, and adds strategic features and a really good multiplayer that make the game really superb. Those who do not go beyond the exasperation anatomical, are limited. That's right: the limit belongs to them, not the game of Vanillaware.
  22. Sep 26, 2013
    This game is amazing, I know everybody is talking about the hyper-fantasy art style with giant musclemen and mega-endowed ladies, but aside from the boosted up secondary sex characteristics (which are masterfully and lovingly painted by the way) every section of every level, every enemy type, and every boss monster looks BEAUTIFUL.

The gameplay is outstanding, very responsive controls

The gameplay is outstanding, very responsive controls in a slick beat-em-up package with a variety of playstyles represented by different characters. There are RPG elements such as level ups, putting points into skills, and collecting loot to equip. The loot is always tailored to your level & class, and you often get nice gear just one level away to keep you tantalized.

The Dwarf is a hilarious class to play, picking up monsters and throwing them into each other, snatching them out of the air and doing a spinning throw to crater them into the earth and creating a blast wave that decimates their friends. I feel like a big time wrassler man playing him.

The Fighter is way faster than his looks would tell you, he's also a blocky fella with a skill that allows him a chance to auto-block attacks, and another skill that makes him go all super saiyan when he does block an attack. His whole deal is hyperfast sword swings and an ability to air combo things for days.

The Amazon is a musclebound lady who crushes things with a giant polearm, or spins through the air like a flying buzzsaw. If she plants that polearm in the ground then she'll start doing super fast kicks and boot the enemy around like a sportball.

The Sorceress is my favorite magic user, she can zip through the air on her staff as if she was riding a speedy broom, and blast things with elements based on the staff she is using. She also has skills that give her books of spells to read and cast massive screen wide spells that decimate basic enemies and bosses alike, protect your party from damage, or make healing food for them. She also can summon skeletal minions (It is a trend in vanillaware games to have necromancers be well endowed "lifegiving mothers" rather than grizzled old men who -command- the dead to rise up)

The Wizard is the other spell caster, he (as of the latest patch) can overcharge himself to do more damage with his spells, he also gets a insanely powerful spell that takes a VERY long time to cast. He has a lot of fire spellbooks and his most important spell is probably "Slow" which can stop bosses in their tracks and allow your party to decimate them.

The Elf feels like a jack of all trades, master of none. She can do kicky melee, she can cast "spirit magic" based on the elements around her (fire near a torch or fire magic, water in a pool of water, air is default, and more) she cal also fire arrows coated in fire or poison and make burning fires or pools of poison with them.

I suggest to everyone who is a fan of sidescrolling beat-em-ups like Final fight, Streets of Rage, or any of the delightful arcade games such as the AvP beat-em-up (which used to be my favorite in the genre before this came out!) to get this game. Don't listen to any controversy, enjoy the game and feel no shame.
  23. Sep 22, 2013
    An amazing beat em up like I haven't seen in a while, couch co-op with 3 other friends is something I've been craving for sometime now. The art direction is something worth noting, it's beautiful in every aspect and the animations are superb....breathtaking really. Even with the women objectivization controversy, it's hard not to appreciate the care that has been put into every frame andAn amazing beat em up like I haven't seen in a while, couch co-op with 3 other friends is something I've been craving for sometime now. The art direction is something worth noting, it's beautiful in every aspect and the animations are superb....breathtaking really. Even with the women objectivization controversy, it's hard not to appreciate the care that has been put into every frame and art design. Skill trees are balanced and it's fun to experiment with other classes, though mages may be a little bit on the spamming side since their AoE attacks are kind of distracting. There is only a couple of reasons I'm not giving it a 10, and that is the oversimplification of the gameplay process, since everyhing you do with square button. attack=square, run=hold square and walk, defend=hold square while standing, launch=up and square, slide= down and square.... you get the idea. Only a small amount of actions require other inputs, and that makes it feel a little bit boring after a while, since you start feeling like a little kid mashing the square button. It also makes it difficult to try to play with advanced tactics, for instance: if you want to deliver a 4 hit combo, slide, launch the oponent and defend after, it translates into 4 squr, down squr, up squr and hold squr; so, it kind of difficults efective coordination. Another negative aspect is the lack of diverse character classes, since you're restricted to 3 warrior tanks, 2 offensive spellcasters and 1 rogue which is more of an archer type; it would've been nice to get more rogue jobs (a proper thief, like Ranie but playable) and a cleric/acolyte class. Overall they're a small nuissance, but one that manages to take perfection away from this game. In any case, this is a must have if you're either nostalgic, fond of adventures, eager for local multiplayer or a fan of medieval fantasies. Expand
  24. Sep 11, 2013
    Simple gameplay it reminds me of Golden Axe, but a more advanced version of course ).
    Graphically stunning, with a truly unique art style, terrific production values. I imported it to the UK from VGP and it came with a lovely artbook. A few weeks later I see its now getting an official UK release with the same artbook...oh well....still cost me the same regardless and thanks to it being PS3 its region free !
    Highly recommended game as is VGP- Video games plus, for that matter
  25. Sep 10, 2013
    This is a perfect throw back to arcade beat em ups which I love. The art director intended all the physiques to be exaggerated both male and female. The game play is great, dynamic and has huge variety as beat em ups go. Did anybody who is complaining about big bouncing breasts actually play the game? Do yourself a favor and play the Double Dragon and Streets of Rage series, Dungeons andThis is a perfect throw back to arcade beat em ups which I love. The art director intended all the physiques to be exaggerated both male and female. The game play is great, dynamic and has huge variety as beat em ups go. Did anybody who is complaining about big bouncing breasts actually play the game? Do yourself a favor and play the Double Dragon and Streets of Rage series, Dungeons and Dragons arcade table top as well as X-men, The Simpsons, and Golden Axe and then tell me the game doesn't stand up. Their only mistake wasn't featuring a Goblin King a la David Bowie from The Labyrinth themed character flopping around a giant Cod piece so you could admit the only reason you don't like the game is because you are an easily offended Expand
  26. Sep 3, 2013
    So I got Dragon's Crown and the game delivers. Fantastic game. It's an old school beat-em up game with RPG elements. This is not a professional review but I'll write a little about this game.

You'll pick one of the 6 available characters and, unlike most games in this genre, the characters really play different. You'll be upgrading your character with common skills and skills unique to your class. You'll find powerful and enchanted weapons, armour and items. In case you are wondering the armour and items doesn't change the appearance of your character, but you can customize your character's name and color swap.

The level design is a little weird. There is this town with common locations like the tavern, temple, Mage's tower, adventurer's guild, castle and stables among others and a gate that will take you to your adventure. The first levels you'll play solo but after you beat the 9 missions available multiplayer will be unlocked and it's fantastic. You'll be playing any of the 9 missions again and again but now there is another path available for each of those missions, a different boss included, so that gives us 18 stages.

There are a ton of quests with secret rooms, hidden objects, challenges with regular enemies, bosses, etc. Those quests give you experience, unlocks art (the art is fantastic!) and skill points to upgrade your character.

The soundtrack is good too, at first I didn't notice but when the credits were rolling I realize how much I like it. The graphics are fantastic, the game looks like a living paint. There has been some controversy for the art style of the game, specially for the over-sexualized female characters but the art is consistent, the Amazon and the Sorceress are just as exaggerated as the Fighter or the Dwarf, and you can appreciate this even in the monsters. For some people this is offensive but for others it's part of the charm of the game.

As I write this I've played with a single class. I'm very happy with the game. I'm hooked, I want to continue playing to reach level 99, beat the whole thing and then jump into the next class to start again.
  27. Sep 1, 2013
    Amazing. Simply Amazing. Take Golden Axe and Odin Sphere and mash em together. Its basic enough for new gamers to get into and enjoy while the hardcore fanboys (like me) will enjoy the subtle complexity of the game. Each character has a unique play style that tailors to nearly any style. My only real complaint is the Sorceress. Im a guy and I cant use her without staring intently at herAmazing. Simply Amazing. Take Golden Axe and Odin Sphere and mash em together. Its basic enough for new gamers to get into and enjoy while the hardcore fanboys (like me) will enjoy the subtle complexity of the game. Each character has a unique play style that tailors to nearly any style. My only real complaint is the Sorceress. Im a guy and I cant use her without staring intently at her bust. Its huge. If they had toned her bust size down about 2 cup sizes, I'd be fine with that. Other than that, the game is perfect. Of course it is repetitive, but it stays true to the Golden Axe era. Sit down with some good friends and camp out with Dragon's Crown for a day. You'll enjoy all it has to offer. Expand
  28. Aug 27, 2013
    An Excellent revival of a near dead genre that takes a lot of influence from previous games of it's genre. The multiplayer experience local or online is great, and it is set up to have a lot of re-playability for fans of the genre. The additional quests add a lot to explaining a bit of the world background and lore without being too in depth.
  29. Aug 26, 2013
    Vanillaware certainly has a knack for beautiful landscapes and creature/character designs and Dragon's Crown is no exception. Dragon's Crown is not only beautiful, but surpasses all games in it's genre in style and replay value. If you are a fan of beat 'em ups and like a challenge that will keep your palms sweating for probably longer than you're comfortable with, give this game a try.Vanillaware certainly has a knack for beautiful landscapes and creature/character designs and Dragon's Crown is no exception. Dragon's Crown is not only beautiful, but surpasses all games in it's genre in style and replay value. If you are a fan of beat 'em ups and like a challenge that will keep your palms sweating for probably longer than you're comfortable with, give this game a try. -insert paragraph about power fantasy/women objectification here- Expand
  30. Aug 25, 2013
    Gameplay 9/10. Graphics 10/10. Sound 8.5/10. Overall 9.2/10. Definitely a great game. It's worth all of the praise it's garnered recently. Not quite my favorite Vanillaware title, but it's still really good. Worth everyone's time to at least try it.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 11, 2014
    If you like breasts, Japanese rpg games and beat'em'ups, Dragon's Crown is for you. It's Diabloish hack'n'slash spiced with nice game mechanics and a nice multiplayer co-op. And did I mention it has breasts? Well, it has. In all shapes and sizes. [Dec 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    Dec 13, 2013
    One of the best looking 2D titles of this year and a game that you can spend 50 or 100 hours with and still not have enough. And if you have three friends to enjoy the co-op mode with, Dragon’s Crown is amazing. [13/2013, p.64]
  3. Nov 8, 2013
    Dragon’s Crown is a fantastic addition to the RPG genre, bringing an original personality that’s hard to ignore. With an amazing amount of content, this is one game that’s worth the grinding it demands.