4.3

1. Jul 6, 2012
    Yes. I created this account to post my first review because both "professional" reviews here so far are lacking. IGN reviewer obviously doesn't even understand the game when he asks "why would you ever take anything but the highest currently available amount of AP?"... Same reason you don't ignore all your other pieces in chess and just move the queen! ... Idiot. At least take the timeYes. I created this account to post my first review because both "professional" reviews here so far are lacking. IGN reviewer obviously doesn't even understand the game when he asks "why would you ever take anything but the highest currently available amount of AP?"... Same reason you don't ignore all your other pieces in chess and just move the queen! ... Idiot. At least take the time to understand a game before you put up a "professional" review. Swedish review is better but still seemingly suffers from not completely understanding the game. The main critique of not being able to play local multiplayer shows they also don't quite understand the game. What are you going to do, tell your partner to close their eyes and not peek while you take turns setting up the board and then while you play the game take turns closing your eyes when you select combat cards...!? This game does not work as a local multiplayer game. Swedish review also noted lack of campaign. What if the challenges were simply relabeled, Campaign. That is essentially exactly what they could be.

If you want to play strategic, zero chance, and highly competitive, very fun game on the PS3 you can't go wrong with DungeonTwister. If it supported asynchronous play (not sure this is even possible on PS3, need DT on IPad!) it would be perfect. Yes, the graphics are dated, the audio, in particular the grunts of each character when you select them will be quickly muted, but that is not what this game is about. PS3 users are lucky to have this game and I finally have a reason to dust off and fire up my PS3 again!
  2. Jul 6, 2012

1. We love our PS3, but we love virtual board games as well. That is if they are any good at all, which the butt ugly Dungeon Twister unfortunately is not. Tutorials which seem to have no end and a lack of any form of offline multiplayer spoil the fun for everyone. [October 2012, p.78]
  2. We'd still prefer an actual game of Twister. [Sept 2012, p.105]
  3. Aug 16, 2012
    Dungeon Twister is a strategy game defined entirely by its complexity and rules stacked on rules. Is it fun? Not necessarily, although it is designed to give strategy enthusiasts their money's worth with a ridiculous amount of things to learn. But in its translation into the medium of digital gaming, Dungeon Twister would've benefited from some streamlining and simplification.