6.8

1. Nov 17, 2014
    Two classic arcade games make their way onto the PS3. While some old-school game design does get in the way, I still had an absolute blast hacking and slashing my way through hoards of awesome fantasy creatures. It's even more fun when you get some friends to join you.

Overall both games are very brief, but provided you like the gameplay enough it can have replay value. At least until you unlock everything. Not every aspect of the gameplay has aged well, but overall I found it still solid enough to provide a fun, if in my case disposable, experience. Due to its age it's not going to please everyone, but fans of old-school games or just those looking for a fun, fantasy co-op experience should give this one a look. My total score for it is a 7.5/10.
  2. Jun 30, 2013
    Kind of "meh". It's a nice trip down the nostalgia road but... where is everybody? It appears no one is playing it so it gets really boring to play it alone. But it's a nice game to have and remember the old days. It's not a remake (just a shy revamp) and, honestly, there's not much to say. A medieval beat'em up just like the ones we had on the arcade. Fun to play with friends, kind ofKind of "meh". It's a nice trip down the nostalgia road but... where is everybody? It appears no one is playing it so it gets really boring to play it alone. But it's a nice game to have and remember the old days. It's not a remake (just a shy revamp) and, honestly, there's not much to say. A medieval beat'em up just like the ones we had on the arcade. Fun to play with friends, kind of dull to play alone. I could not find other players, not even once. If I had and had at least one session with 3 other players I'd give it a 7. Expand
  3. Sep 9, 2013
    I loved this port, but they would apply graphic enhancement, live(In arcade, you have infinite lives), and a challenger mode.
    The price is very expensive, this is bad for new public. Most of the player are from old generation, no new bloods.
    probably no innovations in next patches, it's a bad part of the port. It's very very very fun play with yours friends, and if you and yours friends
    probably no innovations in next patches, it's a bad part of the port.
    It's very very very fun play with yours friends, and if you and yours friends are fã of D&D, probaly this game will live in your hearth forever xD

1. A surprising, raucous, lovingly updated loot-fest. [Aug 2013, p.93]
  2. Play UK
    Jul 23, 2013
    One of the finest re-releases yet from Iron Galaxy and Capcom. [Issue#233, p.77]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jul 12, 2013
    This formula may be 20-years-old but Chronicles’ gameplay is still razor sharp and the visuals are oddly endearing. To quote one of its Engrish quest-givers: please investigate into it. [August 2013, p78]