Dynasty Warriors 6 PlayStation 3

7.2

1. ReggieN.
    Mar 4, 2008
    5 games later and KOEI still hasn't put any effort into changing this game beyond what it was in Dynasty Warriors 2. The graphics are below PS3 and the 360's power, and the complete lack of any real progression in gameplay make this game almost interchangeable with the past iterations. If you're a huge fan, you'll probably buy it anyway. If you're looking to try 5 games later and KOEI still hasn't put any effort into changing this game beyond what it was in Dynasty Warriors 2. The graphics are below PS3 and the 360's power, and the complete lack of any real progression in gameplay make this game almost interchangeable with the past iterations. If you're a huge fan, you'll probably buy it anyway. If you're looking to try out a Dynasty Warriors game for the first time, try one of the previous games, preferably either 3 or 5. They will be much cheaper and provide a slightly less monotonous experience. Expand
  2. RyanJP
    Jul 23, 2008
    I swear these Dynasty Warriors reviews really do write themselves! Those who are not fans aren't immersed the real-life history and people that this game is based on, as well as the classic novel known as Romance of The Three Kingdoms by Luo Guangzuo. For me that's part of the appeal of the DW series, is that I'm playing though actual events and battles with real heroes I swear these Dynasty Warriors reviews really do write themselves! Those who are not fans aren't immersed the real-life history and people that this game is based on, as well as the classic novel known as Romance of The Three Kingdoms by Luo Guangzuo. For me that's part of the appeal of the DW series, is that I'm playing though actual events and battles with real heroes from back then. That's not to say that there aren't a few fictional elements. Lots of fans are fans of the history as well. It only makes this game more entertaining. Expand
  3. JackH.
    Mar 3, 2008
    Excellent, lots of fun.
  4. Dec 27, 2015
    this is an awesome game and i really love the series, but its the thing that they added that made it bad. shu: liu bei barely sticks their bonds out with his sworn brother, wu: sun ce and his family barely show their bonds together, wei: its just alot of invading for them. next are the weapons some i actually like, like liu bei's twin swords and lu xun's sword, but the other are weird likethis is an awesome game and i really love the series, but its the thing that they added that made it bad. shu: liu bei barely sticks their bonds out with his sworn brother, wu: sun ce and his family barely show their bonds together, wei: its just alot of invading for them. next are the weapons some i actually like, like liu bei's twin swords and lu xun's sword, but the other are weird like why give a spear to sun ce and zhang he when they have the same movesets like atleast make the charge attack different like the swords in DW3-DW5 heck they even gave it to ling tong and ma chao i wish he had that same fast attack he had in the older games.next are the characters, WHY DID THEY HAVE TO TAKE OUT SO MANY CHARATERS. they took out zhu rong,jiang wei, pang de, xing cai, da qiao it may seem small but some were just introduced like xing cai and pang de.next is the story mode srsly shu: zhao,liu,zhang,guan,and zhuge......WHAT THE FREAK I WANT MORE Expand
  5. MikeR.
    Feb 29, 2008
    Finally, a good game for PS3, beautiful, fun, and a great multi-player mode
  6. DavidB-N
    Jul 31, 2008
    Thsi game has beautiful and like other DW games it is very addictive. The bad things are the new renbu system and the characters with the same moves.
  7. LandonW.
    Jan 16, 2008
    Love the series, and Now Nex gen Graphics to an Already great looking franchise! One word is WOW, will be great story lines and on top of all that icing on the cake its for 2 players at the same time! Great Game. Koei, don't ever stop making more & better n better Dynasty Warriors!
  8. FrankG.
    Feb 12, 2008
    It is a great game and definitely worth playing! It's really good, much better than the first ones, so try it!
  9. AzzaB.C
    Mar 25, 2008
    Graphics are excellent and still very fun to play even though it is repetitive but the annoying thing is the limited characters on Story Mode.
  10. JonathanW.
    Mar 6, 2008
    Everyone tends to be so harsh on dynasty warriors, but the graphics in this game are pretty good, there's an insane amount going on, so much more than in previous dynasty warriors games, and the simple yet fun gameplay has deeper customization options. The new renbu system is also top!
  11. VincV.
    Mar 9, 2008
    it is actually a good game from terms of gameplay and replayability. I cannot think of many games who can bring in more than 45 hours and more of play. A lot of reviewers just went through the first few levels mashing the square button and concluded that the game is too easy. Try playing medium/hard mode and many will find the game challenging in the mid to later levels where they have to it is actually a good game from terms of gameplay and replayability. I cannot think of many games who can bring in more than 45 hours and more of play. A lot of reviewers just went through the first few levels mashing the square button and concluded that the game is too easy. Try playing medium/hard mode and many will find the game challenging in the mid to later levels where they have to pay attention to the objectives (carefully watch where key generals are moving) and fight with care against the generals. I'm not a hard core DW player but this version is quite good. real rating is 8.5. Expand
  12. LuBu
    Jun 23, 2008
    This has got to be the stupidest f*cking game you could buy for the ps3. Know why? BECAUSE THEY'RE PRACTICALLY ALL THE SAME. Sure, new renbu system and it looks better, but still the same ol game.
  13. Apr 22, 2012
    This is a good game, but why Dynasty Warriors 6's game style is different than another Dynasty Warriors series? Renbu, no Square>Triangle combination, and another.... But the story make me to beat this game...
  14. Jul 20, 2016
    As a Musou fan since 2002 this is a complete piece of **** not even worth mentioning. I don't even know what KOEI had in mind when they developed this game. Trying to achieve something new by making hideous character designs, making gameplay even more repetitive than the original, robbing personality out of every weapon and attack, or are they trying to ruin the series?
  15. Apr 5, 2014
    Not a great start to the PS3 Dynasty warriors Trilogy

I am a big fan of dynasty warriors ever since I started playing DW3, I have played DW3, DW4 and DW5 and I must say that DW6 is somewhat a step backward. Firstly the characters in the game are nothing like in the history book, for example Why the F**K does Sun Jian have white hair. Why the hell is Lu Bu welding Hula Hoops in
    Not a great start to the PS3 Dynasty warriors Trilogy

Firstly the characters in the game are nothing like in the history book, for example Why the F**K does Sun Jian have white hair. Why the hell is Lu Bu welding Hula Hoops in combat ffs, and why ON EARTH has Yuan Shao gone from being a proud noble man albeit slightly arrogant to being a Spoil t little brat. The characters have turned into these fantasied characters which ultimately lend nothing to the game.

Lets talk about the lacklustre battles in this game. Firstly why is there no Si Shui gate mission, They basically cut out a crap load of important battle events which defined these finds and turned them all into borderline generic missions. I mean seriously in the battle of Chang Ban why isn't Zhang Fei left to hold the bridge from oncoming enemies.

Finally the pathetic combat system fails to delivers a balanced combat system. The "Renbu" systems makes no sense, Why the hell do I have to essentially "warm up" my characters to get them to fight better.

I could go on forever but ultimately this DW6 is an embarrassment to the series and should be avoided unless you are a hardcore fan of the series
  16. Sep 12, 2014
    DW6 is perhaps the weakest entry in the franchise which for once does actually warrant the low scores, I am a big fan of the series so it does rather pain me do be blatantly honest with this games. Probably my least favourite character designs, the gameplay though it adds to aspect for the most part is made to feel the most repetitive and samey of the DW games. It also doesn't help thatDW6 is perhaps the weakest entry in the franchise which for once does actually warrant the low scores, I am a big fan of the series so it does rather pain me do be blatantly honest with this games. Probably my least favourite character designs, the gameplay though it adds to aspect for the most part is made to feel the most repetitive and samey of the DW games. It also doesn't help that it feels like many character have the same weapons unlike previous and the following games in the series.

It felt like a come down from DW5 in all regards besides graphics as it was the first DW game on the PS3 and thus took advantage (though I still think it could have taken even more).

One of the pros is that some characters have more historically accurate weapons such as Zhou Tai ditching his random Katana, this is however countered by a con where the characters who have spears, flails and whips all feel like the same character with only slight tweaks to the move sets.

Avoid 6, you are actually better off playing 2-5 before this entry in the franchise or more importantly play 7 and 8 which do actually have notable improvements in gameplay and challenge.

1. Hideous dialogue, repetitive gameplay.
  2. I guess Dynasty Warriors 6 is not the perfect harmony Koei or the fans were hoping for.
  3. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Too bad it handles like a remote-control car, bolting from a stand-still to top speed in an instant. I'll pass. [Apr 2008, p.73]