5.4

1. Dec 8, 2010
    Coming from someone who has been working out for 15 years, with real weights in a real gym, I can def recommend EA Sports Active 2 to anyone who wants to improve their fitness level. I bought this for my my fiance' and myself to have some fun with working out when neither of us felt like actually doing cardio, and I got a lot more than I expected in a good way. Active 2 comes with aComing from someone who has been working out for 15 years, with real weights in a real gym, I can def recommend EA Sports Active 2 to anyone who wants to improve their fitness level. I bought this for my my fiance' and myself to have some fun with working out when neither of us felt like actually doing cardio, and I got a lot more than I expected in a good way. Active 2 comes with a resistance band which is nice but doesn't offer much in the way of resistance for men,although for females and children it's great- but most guys are probably going to want something with a little more weight to it. Luckily EA implemented the feature allowing you to use your own dumbells by telling the game what weight dumbells you are going to use- the game then changes the exercises by using dumbells instead of the resistance band, well done EA. The body tracking on the PS3 version is very impressive, a few times it mistaked me wiping sweat off my head as whatever exercise i was doing- but this was a rare occurrence.

As far as the actual workouts go i'm 4 weeks in and have been very impressed with the way it scales the intensity and difficulty as you progress through your 3 or 9 week program. It keeps you moving constantly and you will definitely walk away with the feeling of getting a quality cardio/toning workout. I don't want to mislead anyone and have you thinking this program is going to make you jacked because it's not, its meant for weight loss, muscle toning, and overall physical performance improvement.
  2. Feb 7, 2011
    EA sports really makes your heart pumping in a fun and challenging way. I started with the 9 weeks program three weeks ago on medium level, cut down the 4 a week workouts(!) to two. I catched myself this Sunday doing a third this week. Good variety in number of exercises and pretty decent tracking system on the ps3. I even like the resistance band which smells like peppermint (god knowsEA sports really makes your heart pumping in a fun and challenging way. I started with the 9 weeks program three weeks ago on medium level, cut down the 4 a week workouts(!) to two. I catched myself this Sunday doing a third this week. Good variety in number of exercises and pretty decent tracking system on the ps3. I even like the resistance band which smells like peppermint (god knows why). Graphics aren't great, and you really have to turn down the freqency of comment of the trainer otherwise you'll get annoyed really fast. But overall, it does the job, ehmm, more it makes you do the job. a few times a week you I won't get fat and lazy and It´s actually fun to do! Expand
  3. May 3, 2011
    Save your money and don't buy this. I got for 40 bucks and it was still a waste. It's alright when the sensors work properly but they're constantly not recognizing movements which can be very frustrating. Also, the trainers move extremely slowly but mainly the problem with it is how inaccurate the sensors are. It could be great but it plain frustrating.
  4. Aug 13, 2011
    This is a pretty good work out system. You certainly build up a sweat, but the really great thing about it is that you don't really notice until the end of the workout. The exercises are manageable and often the workout program is over before you know it. The cool down program is really a great way to relax and give you a sense of accomplishment after a rigorous workout session. The onlyThis is a pretty good work out system. You certainly build up a sweat, but the really great thing about it is that you don't really notice until the end of the workout. The exercises are manageable and often the workout program is over before you know it. The cool down program is really a great way to relax and give you a sense of accomplishment after a rigorous workout session. The only real downside is the tracking with the resistance band on certain activities like the bent over reverse fly. It sucks. It can't track squat and often times I have to do the exercises over and over again while screaming at the tv until it recognizes that I was in the right position all along. Still overall, a good program and well worth the time and effort. Expand
  5. Dec 17, 2013
    The workouts are very good but the game is broken because the motion detection is bad. Some workouts are impossible because the game just doesn't recognize my movements.
  6. Dec 26, 2011
    Hey, I bet you saw this going cheap and thought it'd be a great deal right? Going on reviews it does look pretty good. Don't get it, just don't. Odds are either the USB stick or one of the sensors in the pack will be broken. And thus the game won't work. At all. And then you're in a frustrating situation of needing to return a faulty product.

This is easily by far the most likely product

This is easily by far the most likely product on the PS3 to break. It's not worth the frustration and dissapointment. Put it down and get something else, trust me. Awful quality control EA, you should be ashamed.
  7. Jan 17, 2012
    This game is really good. For one thing, the people who are having tracking problems are being rather silly. They have either put their accessories on wrong (proper wear: heartbeat sensor on left arm, text facing in like you would read a watch; other sensor on right arm, text facing toward your body; leg sensor with text aligned to the ground (upside down to you)) or they need to buy aThis game is really good. For one thing, the people who are having tracking problems are being rather silly. They have either put their accessories on wrong (proper wear: heartbeat sensor on left arm, text facing in like you would read a watch; other sensor on right arm, text facing toward your body; leg sensor with text aligned to the ground (upside down to you)) or they need to buy a USB extension cord for their PS3, to get the USB sensor closer to their body.

Once you have the sensors on correctly, they function well for the most part. The things my sensors have trouble picking up are only the kickups and high knees every once in a while, and most of the time they work.

The game is really good. It gets you working out hard, and if it's not hard enough for you, you can design your own workout to really test yourself. The trainer is typically helpful (though he repeats the same lines a lot) and the sheer number of activities is great. I keep running into new things, and it's been about 3 weeks. I expected to have exhausted the game by now. Get this game, especially now that it's cheap, and you will lose a lot of weight or get your body in shape!
  8. Jan 21, 2013
    The kinect features don't work properly, The graphics look cheap and uninspired and the trainers are rude and irritating. the sports watch didn't work. Everytime my wife plays this I hear allot of angry shouting and the kinect has been thrown at the wall a few times because of the glitches
  9. Jun 3, 2014
    Great game for the out of shape set---one problem---If you miss a session it seems to be impossible to make it up---Am I right on this or can anyone suggest a way to make up?
  10. Dec 26, 2011

This is easily by far the most likely product

1. Mar 10, 2011
    The main focus in EA Sports Active 2.0 is the training itself, and not the game aspect. The different training options are varied, and give a really good excercise, but the best part is that I want to keep working out even after the session is complete.
  2. Feb 23, 2011
    EA Sports Active 2 stands as one of the better fitness games on the market and sets an example for future endeavors in this genre.
  3. Feb 18, 2011
    As an exercise device, this has accessible activities that'll get your heart pumping. [Feb 2011, p.97]